Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Indigos

I have been thinking (a dangerous pass-time, I know), and I honestly believe my parenting style has changed since Brian died.

I used to yell alot. Now, I think about my past yelling at Brian, and I cannot take it back. I never want to feel this way again. What a hopeless feeling. Therefore, I talk. BOY what a difference. Works alot better. We met Trevor's brother (all children started out as foster and were adopted). Trevor and AJ went to his brother's house to babysit a 3 year old girl. Aaron is really good with kids. That is why he does so well at the YMCA camp each year. They slept over-night and will be home by noon.

All is going well. After school starts, we will compose a list of items Trevor needs. Mrs. Fields stated she would keep health insurance on Trevor and help us with other items. I will take that list to Mrs. Fields (in person) and we will discuss how this will go. Social Services is still involved and this is still called an illegal placement. But with the permission of the parents (they live only 2 blocks from us) it should go OK.

This whole thing is so wierd. Scott and I really feel we can help this kid. He knows he needs to get at least "B's" in all classes and select a sport. He is thrilled, I am scared, but pray alot.

I will post a picture of our extended family.

Colleen, Colleen

• Members

I did it!!!

I created a photo album for my Brian and uploaded photos to it.

So easy. I did not have to go through photobucket. Just browsed my own photos, wrote a caption and submitted!!!!!

If I can do it, others can too.

Thanks Greg for the kick in the butt. Your Brian's photo's are priceless, as are the others

Go see them.

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

• Members

WELCOME back Sus, glad that you are in the room again. Hey, having time in the evening off computer and reconnecting to hubby is something that perhaps was a gift in disguise. Tell Mariah that I am a third grade teacher and that I hope that my students sit down with someone at home and show them the homework and work out a plan for getting it done each night. I hope though that she does not have a teacher that over assigns. I believe in the old teacher saying; 10 minutes per grade level. Thirty minutes of homework to help a child learn time management skills and 20 minutes of reading a night should do it. Some kids, (eri especially) took those 30 minutes and turned them into 120 minutes, spending more time distracting herself and trying to get out of homework than doing it. Good luck. Love what you told her to get her motivated.

Col, glad that the pieces are falling into place with Trevor. I bet it is scary but you and Scott are in it together so that is great. Is Trevor athletic? Asking cause you said he has to be in a sport, but would a club work too? Some kids don't do sports well but may be right for the newspaper club or the ecology club...As far as parenting differently, I have no idea if I would had I any younger ones home, but I imagine I would, I think I teach a bit differently since ERi died.

Speaking of teaching, what a nice group of kids and because it is a small group (only 17) I forsee us being able to do all sorts of indepth kinds of things. It is nice to start a year like this, more relaxed and the weather cooperated too. Next week, back into the 90's which means that my classsroom will be about 99 degrees as it was when I was setting up. Even yesterday with it so nice outside, it was 10 degrees warmer in the room with fans and windows open, so HOT TIMES next week. Husband brought popsicles yesterday and we hung out in my classroom after recess just cooling off with a treat and chatting. Last year that would have looked differently, very differently just by the nature of the classroom. Year before too. A much calmer group.

So I am going out on this lovely morning to sit on the deck and journal before taking a walk or bike ride.

Rhonda, so glad that you are getting away for a bit with someone that really gets where you are right now.

Carol, love the words that your Daughter wrote and the song.

• Members

Good Morning Indigos

Susannah so glad to see you back I too love the new picture of Stephenie and appreciate Lynn and Eric's steadfast efforts in getting our lost Indigo back Still waiting for Betsy to surface' I think your insights into your little grandies behavior is so special You are a great MOM.

Colleen I love the photos that you posted in the gallery I agree it is so easy and fun I found that in embatking on that projectI has again brought me closer to my warm memories of Stephen. I go there each day after I stop in to chat .I ALSO VISIT Trudi, Greg AND YOUR GALLERY AND SAY HI TO ALL THE ANGELS . Many prayers for you and your new guest. Many years ago I did something very similar and it worked out well. I still see the boy/man and to me he looks the same as he did as a teen. :rolleyes:

Sherry My goodness you are certainly ambitious with your garden All those potatoes and you make it sound so easy!!!THanks for the touching story about the little mother squirrel and her babies I agree, Nature is so beautiful and the Mothering instincts are sweet to watch My little one is doing well Twice as hungry as before :unsure: I go out again just before dark to look for her so she can get thru the night ;)

Dee Hope you rest this weeekend and recoup from the start of a new year. I know in a shor time you will be up and running with wonderful tales of yur adventures there.

Trudi Love the new addition to the Tat. Hope you and Mutley are still having your coffee breaks

Carol I am so glad that Cathi is back to work and appreciate the song "Walking Higher", simply inspiring..

Marcia nice to see you and Bathany back again.

To all Indigos thank you for sharing your hearts and love You give me strength to carry on. Just One More Day

Dee I see you posted just as I did so I am sorry I cannot reply to your message Just say HI

• Guests
Guest msnher

Good morning, Indigo's!

Rhonda - I'm glad you are taking the time to go visit your friend, Susan, today. It is bound to be a bittersweet reunion of friends sharing, reminiscing. Drive safe. Oh. Thank you for the warm welcome back. I was only away for 5 days but it felt like months...Happy 50th birthday to your husband.

Colleen - I applaud what you and your family are doing for Trevor. You are going to make a huge difference in that boy's life. That boy is going to make a huge difference in yours.

Sherry - storing potatoes? How long will they keep in the basement? One of my foster family's parents had a potatoe shack----is that the right word? A place piled high with dirt where they grew their potatoes...anyway, I remember going out there and digging in the dirt to get potatoes for supper. I thought it was the coolest thing in the world, at that age!

Kathy - I hope you are able to enjoy a safe spot on the beach this weekend. Any news on your house?

Jenn - LOve the dragonfly story....

Carol - Thank you for posting what Cathi wrote on her blog about her son seeing Mike. Such an encouraging experience of hope.

Lori - are your twins all healed up?

Betty - When is your trip scheduled?

It seems there have been a lot of dragonfly sightings of late!

Dee - Is there no air conditioning in your classroom? I believe you said there wasn't some time back. The regular teacher for 3rd grade is on maternity leave and right now they are having subs. There was supposed to be just one sub, but Mariah said she is "going with her family to learn to speak spanish" :rolleyes: . I've volunteered in her class for a couple of hours on Wednesday mornings (which begins this Wednesday). I just love the staff and principal at that school. They came to Steph's funeral. I want to get the kids signed up for the boys and girls club so they can be in choir. I'm a big supporter of the importance of music and art......

I hope I haven't missed anyone!

ERIC OR KELLY OR SOMEONE IN ADMINISTRATION - I KNOW IT LOOKS LIKE I'M YELLING AT YOU, BUT I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION! Is there a way you can access the email addresses in members profiles and send them an email stating their absence from the forum has been noticed and if they are having difficulty logging on to please contact you and you will help them the way you have helped others (me)?

The last post I made before I couldn't log on was concern for the others who can't log on.....now I can speak from experience.....I felt invisible (not in a good way) And, as I stated in the post written on 8/22, I have a wonderful face to face support group...........I am quite concerned for those whose support comes only from us. Elaine, Betsy...Beth.....

I know you guys are doing all you can and I appreciate your hard work........Thanks!!!

Well, kids need feeding! Have the best day possible under the circumstances! :unsure: I just love these silly little faces!

Susannah/ Stephanie's mom.

• Guests
Guest msnher

My last post made it sound like Elaine, Betsy and Beth have no other support. That is not what I meant. What I meant was I've noticed their absence....

And, I'm sure if you could contact everyone you would have done so by now.......

Peace.

• Members

Just checking in with you all.

I am feeling a bit weak, and worried. I had my mom to the dr. yesterday and her heart is more enlarged with her CHF, and her lungs contain fluid. I am told we can try to manage it with new meds, and I guess I have no other choice. All I can do is my best, all I can do is be here.

My daughter has called me twice, once with a message saying they were coming for my grandaughter, and I could hear the boyfriend screaming in the background, and last night he was screaming in the background while I could hear her cower, and speak softly.. putting up with his crap. It broke my heart.. as I listened to him screaming asking who turned him into Child services over his son. Not a word about my grandaughter, but I am sure he is out for my oldest daughter and myself. I haven't had any notice from Child services so I don't know what was going on, and I know my daughter couldn't talk.. I told her now is the time to walk, I would call the police and she could leave.. but she told me no. I guess whatever happens to her, is in her hands, I can't do anymore. I have a job to take care of my grandaughter who wonders where her mother is. I am speaking with my grandaughters father who is incarcerated, and he is glad she is with me. I hate to ask, but please keep up the prayers.. I am a firm believer that prayer can be answered.. just not always sure how.

I am glad to see you back Susannah.

Carol, how lovely that Cathi's boy can see Mike, reminds me of my boy seeing JaBoa.. how I would love a glimpse of her again.. children are so special.

Colleen, you are fantastic giving giving Trevor a place in your heart! I wish there were more people like you. I know your angel is so very proud of you.

Kathy, I hope all works out for you, with the house, with your vacation. I hope Tavian gets to have a blast!

I know I have missed some posts, or shouldn't say missed, just not everything sticks in my head the way they should.. I guess it is overload :rolleyes:

I hope you all have a great weekend, I hope all hearts beat a little stronger, and all our angels shine a little brighter.. I know I love to feel and see their presence.

• Members
Lori - are your twins all healed up?

YES THANK YOU THE TWINS ARE FINE...I CAN SWIM AND LAY OUT IF I WANT NOW...GLAD THATS ALL OVER WITH

I ADDED SOME PHOTO GALLERY PICS..WISH THERE WAS A WAY TO JUST ADD SEVERAL AT ONCE..BUT....SO FAR I THINK I HAVE 6...

KODY RACES TONIGHT, NEXT WEEK I THINK THERE IS A RACE FOR 10,000$ OF COURSE WE PROB DON HAVE A CHANCE BUT WOW....

AS I SAID OUR NASCAR TRUCK GT 8TH...WAS NEATO TO SEE MY GIRL ON NATIONAL TV...EVEN THOUGH HE TRUCK OWNER JUST LET US PUT IT ON, WE NO WAY HAVE $$$ TO SPONCER A TRUCK..

YAL HAVE A BLESSED DAY...

• Members

Hey susannah, your idea for the email is actually one we've been planning on, i sent the email to get proof checked before we mass email it out yesterday. We want to invite everyone back and make sure if they can't see the forums they can get us the information to get them back on!

• Members

Just want to pop in and say happy weekend to everyone...the countdown is on, I am told...only one more weekend to summer...I am going to try to sit outside today...it is supposed to be VERY warm (e.g., "hot") so it will be nice with some fresh real lemonade and a few cookies perhaps, to balance the tart lemonade with some sweetness...

We started out the day with Davis getting ready to leave for work and finding his tire almost flat...had to get up and follow him to Sears, where he found out, very unhappily I might add, that he not only had a slow leak, but that something is actually wrong with the wheel itself (something about the "axle boot" or something like that) and it is going to cost him $318.93 to fix it...he was NOT a happy camper...he only had $248.00 saved towards car repairs, so we will have to front him the rest, I guess. Sometimes you're the windshield, and sometimes you're the bug...today he gets to be the bug.

Thank you all for your kind words about Cathi's writing...she really is good at it and some of her blogs are just awesome...I've told her she needs to put them in a book.

Leah: I am so sorry about all that is going on with your daughter and grandkids...please don't ever feel that you are "imposing" by asking for prayers...we will always be here for each other, and if prayers are what is needed...then just asking is all it takes.

Greg: I thank you too, for the kick in the butt about the Gallery...(and B's pics are just terrific!! I couldn't sleep last night and worked on putting in some pics...it was definitely easy once I got the hang of it, but as someone else said, it would be nice if we could load more than one at a time, but I am thankful for what we can do. This site definitely offers more to all of us. By the way, I was thinking about you this morning, when I went to pick up my car after I had a new battery put in...I was standing about 30 feet behind my van, which I hardly ever see the back of the van...and saw the sticker that you made for Mike...thank you again, for such an awesome gift!

Lorri: good luck with the race...yes, wouldn't it be lovely if that 10K came home with your family? It must have been neat to see Kourtney's name on the car on TV...how nice of him to add it to his vehicle. Glad the twins are settled down now and you can relax again. I loved the pics you posted...Kourt is so beautiful!

Colleen: What you are doing for Trevor really is terrific! And I loved the pics you posted, too, especially of Brian upside down...so cute! I know what you mean about the yelling...I used to yell, also...and the regrets I have will be with me forever...Mike and I used to get into it at least a couple of times a week when he was a teenager--- over what now seems so stupid and meaningless..he was such a good kid and student when he was in high school...never got into trouble, liked school, etc., but boy could he be stubborn about stuff! the things we got into about later, in his 20's, also seem kind of meaningless now, in the scheme of things...I can remember when he bleached his hair...how stupid a thing was that to be mad about?! I've got to admit, the ring through his nose was tough to get over, and the tattoo on his face brought about some pretty ugly moments <_<...but now, in retrospect, what did it matter? He worked three jobs sometimes to make ends meet, he supported his kids no matter what, he was a great friend to everyone he met... I am proud of one thing I did...when he wanted dreads...he was trying to do them himself and they looked really bad, so I took him to a beauty salon that specialized in them, and she started them for him...he was over the moon about that...one of those things I can look back on now and smile...kind of helps those things I can't smile over due to my regret about how I handled them... And of course, all of these things (except of course, the tattoos) were things that passed by eventually...oh if we could only be wiser when we are younger... I loved the way Susannah handled Mariah's not wanting to do homework...what a "solver" she is, such a good MOM! I am going to tell my daughters about that, Sus, hope you don't mind my using your idea!

Kathy: So sorry to hear about the obstacles to going to Gin beach, but glad to hear that you've got a plan B to turn to...have fun, and wishing you wonderful weather.

Betty: Always good to read your messages and see your beautiful Stephen's face. I love you album of Stephen, too...great pics!

Marcia: Thanks for posting that picture of your sweet cutie...all of her little girl pics are so sweet...I don't think we'd seen this one before...too cute!

Trudi: Looks like we are going to take back this hot weather for a few days again up here in our hemisphere B)...sorry if it delays its arrival in your land down under...I do hope the cold and hail, etc., depart your area soon...just don't send it here, please! The pics you posted of Mike are awesome...thanks so much for sharing!

Going outside for a bit, and the I've got to get some cleaning done...it has definitely taken a back seat lately and it shows...badly!

Have a nice day everyone!

love and peace, carol mikesmomrs

• Members

THANK YOU SO MUCH CAROL...HOPE ALL IS WELL AT YOUR HOUSE...OR GETTING BETTER...MIKE AND KOURTNEY HAD SO MUCH IN COMMON WITH THE END OF THEIR LIVES...IM SURE HES LIKE HER BIG BROTHER IN HEAVEN

• Members

Lor, love the sticker of Kourt on the truck.

Carol, enjoy the weather and lemonade, a good thing to do on a Saturday.

Sherry, hope the weekend offers many bird sightings, we had the hummingbird today , almost all morning zipping in and out on the deck flowers as well. Red salvia on the deck draws them, and the black and blue salvia in the garden is a big draw as are the canna.

Bett, nice to see you here, loved your photos along with all the new gallery photos. I finally put some up.

Greg, thanks, I thought my old photos were in there somehow, but they were not so this was fun.

Going back outside, took a long bike ride and it was lovely.

love to all,

dee

• Members

JUST WANNA WHINE A BIT HERE...WHAT THE HELLLLLLL HAS HAPPENED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE..... OUR NEW TV $900 OR SO 42 IN IS HAVING TROUBLE COMING ON...WE JUST BOUGHT IT A YR AGO....JUST TALKED TO WM AND THEY SAID IT HAS A 90 DAY WARRANTEE WE COULD CALL 800# BUT ITS JUST EASIER TO BUY A NEW ONE....OK $ ILL JUST PULL THAT OUTTA MY ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS..

MONTY BOUGHT A $100 TOOL FROM SEARS CRAFTSMAN...AND IT BROKE (TIMING LIGHT) AND HES HAVING TROUBLE GETTING A NEW ONE...

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZ PPL...DO YOU JOB TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR JOB...TIMES ARE HARD ENOUGH ON PPL WITHOUT HAVING TO GET BENT OVR ALL THE TIME...

• Members

Hello indigos

Just finished weeding. Did it in 3 1/2 increments, because the bugs are so bad. Looks good.

BEAUtiful day today. Enjoying the weather.

• Members

Susannah---Glad to see you are back to BI. I sure hope that the others who have been unable to

access the site can get back on soon. I have not heard of a potato shack. It might be a regional

thing. Potatoes need a reasonably cool place with ventilation to keep well......(not kept in any

type of airtight container).....just normal room circualtion of air. There may be other ways to keep

them, though. From our garden, we got a half-bushel basket full, so that will last about several

weeks. Not sure if there's another way to store them if it's a large quantity for an extended amt.

of time.

Betty----That is so kind of you to go out in the evening with a little 'extra' food for your little mother

squirrel. I'm sure she likes that, and the extra food will help sustain her as she takes good care of

her babies. I was scraping window sills outside today, in preparation for painting when I was stung

by a yellow jacket-type wasp. I had to go get the wasp spray that shoots 20 ft. The nest was behind

the shutters. Always something !

Kathy----Sorry you had to cancel the beach outing. As you say......maybe it will clear up. Tav will

most likely still enjoy your trip to Cedar Point, though. Good luck on the house.

Leah----I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time. I must have missed your post where your daughter is

back with the ex, and that things are not going well. My heart goes out to your daughter, and you. The ex

most likely makes a lot of threats, and she is in fear. I hope that she tries again to make the break. I guess

that sometimes it takes more than one try. I will pray hard that she can get away for everyone's sake.

Peace & prayers, friend.

Dee----Sorry that the heatwave is coming again, and that your classroom will be so hot. I bet the popsicles

went over very well. Hope a nice cool breeze moves in when you are in the room.

I have not had any luck in trying to upload pics from Adobe PhotoShop to BI, either for a post, or for the Photo gallery.

That software is sooooo complicated, I find. I'd like to take a course at the local career center, but the one they are

offering is $350.:( ...........a bit steep for me right now.

Davey&Lisasmom, Sherry

• Members

I am sick to my stomach, I just talked to my niece who heard from my daughter that the boyfriend flunked his drug test, his UA was dirty. And the probation officer said he will throw it away. I am calling him come Monday.. and I am coming undone.. I am fighting for my daughter and my grandchildren.. I am so sick of this system we call legal... I have seen to many times they fail the victim..

I just can't even tell you how my heart is hurting right now.. I don't understand how my daughter can take this man over her daughter.. to put up with what she puts up with... I want to scream..

• Members

Lor, I found that piece to be amazing. I have long believed that some folks have memories or skills that are simply too advanced for it to be anything else, and in this little boy's case, I think that he is remembering a time from a former life. I hate FOX news or anything from them because they sensationalize and have misreported the news so often, but this seemed believable to me. Wow!

Leah, so sorry for the ache in your heart adn your soul. I hate that the cops might throw the evidence away. Makes me sick. I do however want to caution you to be careful. While I know that you are fighting for your daughter, you still are the one in the family that is stable for all the young ones, so please stay safe.

Sherry, potatoes sound good. Yes, our classrooms are HOT, even on nice days as our windows face east, and most the breezes come from the north and west. Oh well, a week or two of hot adn then the cooler weather. It is felt in the night time air, and the early morning when I walk before dawn. A bit of a chill. Today the sky was September blue, so clear and so absolutely gorgeous. And while I yawn and stretch and say goodnight, the crickets keep up their steady sound alongside the cicadas rhythmic tones.

Here is a quote from a book that I finished reading today. The book is called AMY and Isabelle, and it was dark but so very well written by the Pulitzer prize winning author Elizabeth STrout: People kept going: they had been doing it for thousands of years. YOu took the kindness offered, letting it seep as far in as it could go, and the remaining dark crevices you carried around with you, knowing that over time they might change into something almost bearable.

And that is what we do isn't it? We go on, we have to for all those we love that are here and those not here, we go along and try to find our newest purpose and we reach out to offer our hearts to others...and that helps brighten those dark places where our deepest ache resides.

I am so deeply missing you Erz, so very much. Perhaps digging through the albums today for the gallery or maybe it was all those dragonflies today on my bike ride, and the beauty of the hummingbird that visited the deck on and off all day, all of these making me long for you to share these with me. BUt you did didn't you?

• Members

Morning Everyone, sure hope Elaine comes back on soon.

Kath, I wonder if you ended up going to the other campsite. I hope that you are enjoying a great weekend and last week of summer.

HOpe Krichi that youhad a good trip.

It is cloudy and overcast here, going to be hot.

• Guests
Guest msnher

Good morning Friends!

Dee - I love the pictures you posted of Eri in the gallery. All her braids in sixth grade holding her cat, Stormy. I love the one of her in the tree, too. She was quite tall, yes? I agree with your words of caution to Leah. What also happens, Leah, is sometimes they (the authorities) don't do anything, but "check" into the situation; which, of course, can mean contacting your daughter and her boyfriend. The parole officer, if you follow through with contacting him, is sure to mention your call to the boyfriend. Your daughter will be the one who suffers the backlash of his anger at you. I'm sure you're already making sure you write everything down on the calendar....keeping track of each phone call...each bit of news. You might try contacting a woman's self help center and asking them for advice since they deal with this type of stuff on a regular basis. In the meantime, do be cautious......as Dee asked.

I loved the pictures in the gallery.........I haven't posted any, yet but I love the one's of Eri, Bethany, Jason, Brian (both Brians) Stephen, Kourtney and Micheal

I'm not a fan of MSNBC or FOX news.....however, they are both perfect examples of right wing and left wing........ B)

I need another cup of coffee....have a peaceful day!

• Members

Hope I did not offend anyone with my statement of dislike for FOX news.

thanks for the photo comments Sus, Eri was not real tall, though she had long legs and wanted to be tall. I am 5'8, she was 5'5 .

• Members

Good Morning Indigos

I really enjoyed the new albums added to the Gallery this AM Dee, Marcia,Colleen, Lorrie, Trudi and Greg. All the pictures are wonderful and reminders of such grand times.

Sherry in order for me to set up my album I loaded my pictures on to my desktop, labeled them and then uploaded them to the site It worked well.

Sherry You are quite the women Growing in the garden, Scraping and painting and being stung by wasps and calmly going for the wasp spray. Then finding the nest and taking care of it . I bet you went right back to painting!!! :D

Carol I could not connect with your album but will keep searching I was doing some rememering :blink: after reading your thoughts about the old times and reacting. I remembered many times that I wish I had reacted in a more accepting fashion when dealing with the teen years. Especially around the car and tickets etc. . I loved how you handed the Dreads phase. I came home from work one day to find Stephen at twelve years old with his ears pierced and sporting a"Feather Ear Ring. . I knew Dad would be furious but the deed was done and I just laughed and let it go!! Dad was not happy but also choose to not make a huge issue !!! This phase lasted about 6 months and then on to another. Good bitter sweet memories

Leah I am so very sorry that your family is being torn apart by this terrible situation. I tend to agree with Susannah about making the calls etc. Just remember addicts make up stories and cause chaos to keep everyone on edge. Good luck when you call on Monday. You and your family are in my prayers.

Dee It is a beautiful day in the 80s here, I hope your weather is good and you can enjoy a great bike ride with the smell of flowers and the singing of birds. Tomorrow starts another great adventure.

My niece loves animals and rescues, snakes, rabbits, dogs, blind cats (you get he picture) She rescued baby starlings a year ago and has kept them in a spare room in her large house. They are male and female. Each day she goes in to feed them and clean the room and she says:"HI How are you doing" The female is very busy buildings nests etc but he male spends the day preaning and singing :blink: . THe other day she walked in and the MALE spoke and said the usual "HI how are you doing" She could not believe it!!! He nows incorporates these words in his song. She knew they that do imitate other bird songs but to hear him speak her words made her so happy. Nature It is a joy!!!

Have a Peaceful Day

• Guests
Guest msnher

I don't think you could offend anyone if you tried, Dee! :)

Betty, love the story of the bird imitating your neices words.

Shelby, my golden, is doing much better. The hair is growing back on her tail and her energy is returning. She is such a good dog! My son's akita still entertains us. She's only 8 months old, but stands as high as the table. She jumps the gate to come visit us and then jumps the gate to go home. She never jumps the fence to go anywhere else. They smile...these dogs.. I love it! I love them!

I don't remember who posted about watching nature, but I agree. Last night before the sun went down, I sat under the redneck patio, watching the finches on top of our roof. There had to be a dozen up there. They looked so funny scurring here and there looking for bugs. They definitely live in the moment...

• Members

Betty, I see that the nature instinct runs deeply in your family. Love it.

Sherry, I just went to gallery, start a new gallery after going to gallery for loss of child. Then named my gallery, and then hit new image, which then took me to my browse button and I was able to access my photo albums and hit on the one that I wanted, and hit upload. First, you could write a caption but if you forget, just hit edit this photo and it will take you to the caption line, then hit the button at the bottom of the photo, which again says edit.

If you have your photos loaded on your computer, the browse button should allow you to get there. Good luck.

I love Akitas too, most large dogs. I just went into the yard on cats feet to try to get a photo of the gold finches eating seeds from the sunflower heads, but they knew my plan and flew away.

• Members

DEE ITLL TAKE SOOOO MUCH MORE THEN THAT TO OFFEND ME....I JUST WANTED TO SHARE..AND GET YAL INPUT....

WELLL POOR BABBY HE WAS DOING WELL LAST NIGHT AND HIS TRANSMISSION (TRANNY) LOCKED UP AND HE CAME TO A STOP....THE TRANNY CAME THROUGH THE FLOOR PAN OF THE CAR...PROB WITHIN 10 INCHES OF HIS LEG...EITHER THE TRANNY OR THE DRIVESHAFT IDK WHICH..THEN THE TRANNY FELL TO THE GROUND AND LANDED ON THE RACE TRACK...SO HE FINISHED 10TH....HE WAS UPSET BUT HE KNOWS IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE...HE WAS TOWED OFF THE TRACK AND THEY BROUGHT THE PIECES OF HIS TRANNY TO US....TO HOTT TO TOUCH FOR AT LEAST AN HOUR...

SO TODAY DADS WASHING WHATS LEFT OF THE RACE CAR OFF, THEN WE ARE HEADED TO DENTON...(OUTSIDE OF DALLAS) TO MEET THE QUILT LADY..AND HAVE DINNER AT OUTBACK....WERE SO EXCEITED MY MOMMYS GOING TOO..AND MONTY AND KODY...

HAVE A BLESSED DAY LOVE TO ALL...AND I ENJOY THE GALLERY TO ...LOVE IT

THIS IS LOOKING DOWN AT HIS FLOOR PAN...NOTICE HIS "BALLS"....MY SISTER GAVE THEM TO HIM...

post-275957-059071000 1283092700_thumb.j

• Members

I don't intend to worry anybody Dee, Susannah, Betty... I am just so frightened for my grandaughter. I am getting where I know I can't save my daughter, and I am tired of playing by her rules. I want the probation officer to know what is going on.. I don't want to get my daughter beat... I don't know what to do... I know tihs man has no rights to walk the streets and they are giving him a free pass. Every night my grandaughter is so grateful that she is here.. she holds on, hugging.. and wakes up hugging..then asks where is her mom... I will call domestic violence, but have already been told I won't get much help being I am not the one beaten. I have so much information, and so does so many of my daughters friends.. right now.. I just want to keep the one I have safe.. and no I haven't forgotten the baby boy.. but I can only do one fight at a time.,..

sorry... I don't mean to ramble or go off... I appreciate anything you say.. around here.. everybody has the sit an wait approach, maybe that is the way.. but I am afraid of sitting and waiting.. I did that to JaBoa..and she was cheated out of a good family life... I can't just wait for my daughter to take this girl from my house.. I promised her I would protect her.. and I fear my promise will be broken..

ok.. I got that off my mind... I just needed to state this.. I felt as if I would explode.. and you lucky people got picked to have to read it...

• Guests
Guest msnher

Leah - This is a safe place to let off steam. Please don't worry about worrying us...me, anyway. Don't forget, I'm Stephanie's mom. Been there, done that. Being cautious isn't not doing anything.....it isn't just waiting to see what happens....it is smart action with your eyes wide open. I know you have to do everything you can do for your grandchild. I don't mean to sound like a know it all or worst of all, indifferent. What didn't work for me, might work for you and the opposite is also true, what did work for me, might not work for you. However, I am very suspicious of a parole officer whom is willing to flush or throw away the evidence. Talking to him/her might prove to be counter-productive. In the meantime, I have your name on all the prayer lists I can think of.....

• Members

Lorri, I met a woman from Denton Texas once, she and I were in a writing group together out in TAos New Mexico. She was a doll and taught school there, so our classes became pen-pals.Fun. Glad I did not offend, but again, I thought that that little boy was pretty amazing, the story shook my soul.

Leah, I don't know how your system works, but it sure sounds like Chicagoland's system which does more to protect the idiots than to protect those in need. I almost feel there is need here for an underground escape route, like the witness protection act, new names, new home, new lives. I know I am sounding dramatic, but I have dealt with abuse in my own life, and I have taught kids whose lives were in danger in their homes. I so wish that I could help. How old is the child you are caring for right now? What does she live with?

HOT OUT! in the 90's again, supposed to be this way and worse tomorrow and the following few days. OH LORD!

Hey anyone know how to rearrange the photos in my gallery once they are posted?

• Members

Leah, as Sus said, this is the place to let off steam when you have to...it is a safe, nonjudgmental place, and you will find comfort and understanding. Some of us have been through what some are going through at the time, and some advice from our own experience is given, but there is no judgment give with it nor obligation. You are going through so much right now...you are in my prayers as well. Wishing safety and a good resolution for all of this, for all of you.

Betty: Loved the story of your niece and her birds...nature sure is a wonderful thing, isn't it. The only dog we've ever had was part Akita...a beautiful black and white dog, named Patches, and she was supposed to be Mike's dog, but of course was shared by all. We had to give her to friends because of my allergies, but she is gone now, probably meeting back up with Mike :)

Lorri: So sorry about Kody's car...I am glad though that he wasn't hurt in the process of its disintegration on the track!

Dee: No offense taken about FOX...don't have an opinion either way. Don't watch them. I loved the quote from the book you read...yes, that really does describe us, doesn't it. Your words were beautiful, too, as usual.

Just wondering about something...Betty had said that she could not connect with my album....I am assuming she meant the Gallery here on BI... Has anyone else not been able to connect with it? I noticed that a few have mentioned the new albums but not mentioned Mike's, and after Betty's comment, wondered if it wasn't showing. But, let me know, okay?

got to get lunch, (late, I know, but better late than never!) :rolleyes:

love and wishes for a good day (the rest of it), Carol mikesmomrs

• Members

Carol, I do not see your gallery among the others. Could it have been placed elsewhere? I looked in the only other place but saw only one gallery for a parent. Where could it be, maybe mixed in with the photos of others?

Let's look.

THought you would like that quote Carol, and thanks.

• Members

Carol, I have not yet seen Mike's Gallery either. Where o where did it go?

• Guests
Guest msnher

Carol - I didn't see Mike's photos in the gallery. A new mystery begins...:unsure:

Gary and I often commented that it's called the Criminal Justice System....focusing on justice for the criminal....not the victims. We discovered "innocent until proven guilty" is taken literally in the judicial system. Indeed, the burden of proof laid squarely on the shoulders of the prosecution. Some of the methods "they" went about obtaining that proof came across as aloof....sympathy for the "guilty"; even punishing, attacking or accusing of the "innocent".

Indeed, we learned a lot. We won.....a high price was paid..........a very high price, and I'm not talking money; even though that was substantial....

I absolutely know why the Momma Grizzley attacks when someone even looks like they're looking at her young.

You do what you have to do, Leah.......and keep us informed, please.....we all care a great deal!

• Members

Hi Indigos

Carol I had the same problem when I first posted in the gallery Eric worked on it. I was too impatient so I set up another album

Eric found my original and now I have two albums in the Gallery but I am happy

I clicked on your gallery box under your avatar and it brought me to a page. The album was not there, however there was a place that said "images posted to the Forum" I clicked on that and I found your pictures

They are wonderful

Eric should be able to fix the problem for you.

Leah Everyone agrees with you and the stance you are taking We know as you do just how very frustrating this all can be The criminal certainly has his right protected. I am praying that your daughter receives the strength to do what she needs to do for hers and the children's safety.

Susannah Loved the story of your son's wonderful dog Jumping over for a visit and then going home How cute is that :blink:

Lorrie So sorry about the race car and Kody's disapppintment I am really glad he was not injured. I also know how costly the repairs can be but I guess that is part of the fun of facing

Have a Blessed Evening

• Members

My daughter called me out of the blue, I don't know what to really think. I have told you most of the problems so far, but she added more to me. She begged me not to call anybody tomorrow. She said that social services and the probation officer was at her house Friday afternoon. They questioned her in front of her boyfriend. she was crying to me, and said, mom what do they think I was going to do. He was right there, you think I am going to tell all the terrible things.. she feared that when they finished, all it would have accomplished is her getting the heck beat out of her. Sure enough.. she got it anyway, though she said not as bad as before. He told her that she is worthless, and his girlfriend makes a better mother to his son than her. Anyway.. to shorten this up, she told me that she is willing to leave wednesday morning(he has to work) with me and go directly to the police/domestic violence. She doesn't want the big fight in front of her son, she wants to walk out on her accord, and in her words she isn't going back.

I told her if I decide to do it this way, she needs to be ready for what I will do if she changes her mind. I will call the sheriff at 9 and tell them she was supposed to call to leave.. if she is able to leave with the sherriff it will be over.. if she doesn't leave with the sherriff.. I will spill everything I know to everybody.. and he will know she told me things I shouldn't know. I will go back in my mind as far as I can, I will call everybody I ran into the weekend and her boyfriend will know what is going on. With this threat I know it would endanger her, but it is time to push the deck. She will have to leave out of fear.. I feel badly.. like I am blackmailing her.. maybe I am.. it is time to finish this one way or another. So I figure.. either Social services makes a move or we do.. and as the last resort I will.

Dee, my grandaughter is 8 years old, and she is frightened of this man. He choked her bad enough she is afraid of dying. I have tried really hard not to ask her to many things and leave it for the child protective services.. I am trying to play by the rules..

Betty.. Susannah.. thanks so much for caring.. I want to believe it will be all ok.. I want to bring this to a end. thank you for the prayer lists.. thank you for the friendship.. thank you for being you.

I do listen to all of you, I take all the words you speak to heart before I decide things.. cause I know you are looking out for me.. and I thank you

• Members
heartbeataway

Eric ...

Lorri can't access BI ..... she's requesting help.

Thanks!

• Guests
Guest msnher

Bravo, Leah, bravo! You are one brave woman and I admire the "heck" out of you. Prayers, prayers and more prayers!! I pray protection for your little granddaughter, your grandson, your daughter and you. I pray that the same forces that enterceded on behalf of my grandchildren, entercede for you, too...I pray that the Universe move everything in to place to save the lives of these two innocent children and save your daughter, too..........I pray for clarity of thought and action. I pray you strength, courage and determination........and, I pray you peace.....

• Members

And amen to those prayers and all that are in our hearts and being spoken now.

• Members

The one lady from the cemetary who's daughter is there (the one I mow for) had an article in the paper the other day. Finally the person that they have said all along was responsible for her daughters passing was found guilty:

Article Here

Not sure if this will make her feel any better but I am sure it's a relief to some extent.

• Members

Adamsmom...I am sorry I am a day late on my posting. I am sure Adam had an amazing birthday with all our children.

adam2010.JPG

• Members

Indigos,

My computer was being attached by a virus. It was horrible. Finally went to our IT guy at work and he fixed Bessy right us - yup my computers name is Bessy - I told you I was going crazy!!!

Adams birthday was 8-29. Sorry I missed it. Per my cheat sheet, this is not Terrie's Adam from OH, but Pat and Will's Adam from TN. Thinking of you both and your angel in heaven with our angels.

Missed you guys.

Trevor is doing very well - absolutely no problems. Our house does not have the rules her house has. If I had to enforce rules like hers, I would drive myself insane and everyone would hate me.

School starts Wednesday - YEAH. My kids need to engage their brain!!!!

• Members

Happy Belated Birthday to Adam.. He is in great company with our angels.. and forever loved

• Members

Hey folks, nicksdad had a great idea to be able to add Angel Dates to your profile. The option has been added, to change it just go to the My Settings tab, click on the profile tab and the option is there next to loss type to add that date. If you guys have any other great ideas let us know!

• Members

I got back from my friend Susan's last night, but was pretty tired. We had a nice visit. We got to go to the cemetery and see Andrew's gravestone. They have to be flat to the ground so its quite different from Westley's. She had his picture put on it too, under a brass plate that keeps it out of the sun so it won't fade. Our boys never knew each other, we were both so busy that we never got together. We like to talk about them knowing each other now and it is a comforting thought. I hope all our angels keep each other company the way we do here on BI. My thoughts are wandering to the holidays and not liking it there, so I'm going to try to put them out of my mind. I just think I need to mention something to my family so they can adjust accordingly, because I'm not sure I want them to come to my house. I'm pretty sure I don't want company coming to my house because I have to have somewhere I can get to get away from them, wherever we are. I know that Colleen has said they left town, but my daughter probably won't do that and I want to be where she is. Anyway, Susan and I enjoyed our time together and I feel so bad that I didn't go before now.

Leah-Thinking of you and hoping things work out.

Colleen-I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things keep going good at your house. I hope Trevor knows how lucky he is to have you on his team.

Sometimes I think I'm feeling better, and then I get over it. But I'm just plugging away and trying to get through it as we all must do. I hope people don't keep disappearing, its starting to be like a Twilight Zone episode or something.

• Members

I read the article you linked to. What a terrible tragedy, and I am glad they sentenced her murderer to longer the second time. While nothing can bring Danielle back, at least that man will not be out roaming free ready to commit another atrocity and destroy another family.

I feel so bad for the mother. I can only pray that someday she will find some measure of peace.It's just a horrible situation.

Konnie

• Members
heartbeataway

The one lady from the cemetary who's daughter is there (the one I mow for) had an article in the paper the other day. Finally the person that they have said all along was responsible for her daughters passing was found guilty:

Article Here

Not sure if this will make her feel any better but I am sure it's a relief to some extent.

Wow ..... I hope her journey is some what "softer" now that this part of the nightmare is over. Thanks for sharing Dan

• Members

IM BACK....IT WAS WEIRD I WAS POSTING PICS OF MY DOGGIE IN THE GALLERY AND POW....I HAD NO BI...

THANKS ALL THAT TOLD ERIC I WAS LOST IN THE ABYSS (SP)..AKA IN SPACE...

NOT TO MUCH GOING ON HERE ..WE MET WITH MISTY THE QUILT LADY AND HER MOM...

THE QUILT IS SO SOFT AND AWESOME...ALMOST QUEEN TO KING SIZE VERY LARGE....OVER WHELMING LOOKING AT IT WITH HER LIL SHIRTS AND JEANS ON THERE..

MISTYS MOM ALSO HELPED HER NAME IS GINGER, GINGER SAID WHILE WORKING ON IT SHE FELT KOURTNEY AND DISCRIBED HER TO HER DAUGHTER, MISTY THEN TOLD HER TO GET ON FB AND SEE MY PICS...GINGER SAID SHE WAS EXACTLY AS SHE FELT AND SEEN HER...GINGER WENT ON TO SAY KOURTNEY TOLD HER..."TELL MOMMA IM OK, AND WHEN SHE WRAPS HERSELF IN THE QUILT TO THINK OF MY ARMS AROUND HER"...

GINGER SAID SHE CLD TELL WHEN KOURTNEY MADE UP HER MIND SHE WAS ON THE STUBBORN SIDE...AND THAT SHE WANTS ME TO LIVE...AND MAYBE THIS QUILT WILL GIVE ME THE COMFORT OF TRYING TO DO JUST THAT....SHE ALSO DISCRIBED HOW KOURTNEY WAS A SIMPLE COUNTRY GIRL , BUT WHEN SHE FIXED UP SHE WAS A KNOCK OUT....SHE SAID SHE JUST FELT HER LOVE AND HER STRONG SPIRIT...

SO I OFFERED TO PAY THEY SAID "NO" SO WE DECIDED TO DONATE THE $$ I WAS GOING TO GIVE THEM TO KOURTNEYS KLOSET....I DID BUY THEIR DINNER AT OUTBACK...WAS A GOOD DAY...VERY EMOTIONAL AND OVER WHELMING....I PM GINGER ON FB AND TOLD HER I ALMOST COULDNT REMEMBER ALL THEY SAID CUZ I WAS SO OVERWHELMED

MISTY SAID SHE SAT ON THE PORCH ONE NIGHT AND SAID "KOURTNEY JUST LET YOUR MOM NO SOMETHING"...THE NEXT DAY GINGER TOLD HER WHAT SHE FELT KOURTNEYS MESSAGE WAS...

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))