Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members

Yes, Dee , i do notice sometimes the website has a mind of it's own..   Sonya, Welcome back.... we are always here for you...

For anyone who is the slightst bit interested inseeing Sedona next spring, I undertstand that April is the best time to visit. ..... here is a link to take  a look at when you have the time.

http://www.visitsedona.com/index.php?action=article&id=95

I have requested a visitors bureau info packet, but of course it will not be her ein time for Minneapolis.  

Hugs, to ALL>   Marcia   Bethany's Mom Forever

• Replies 68.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Mary Ann, it makes perfect sense in a world that has taken sense out of our lives. One day there will be some sort of sense again, but right now crying and falling apart is what we did too, at that point in our journey. Three months was a big sad time as the shock pieces were falling away at a faster clip, leaving me feeling like an open wound. It is natural in this place, for you to not only mourn your Boy but the activities that you and He experienced, the ways you spent your lives together. mary Ann, I so wish that I could change the process of grief for others, make it different, make it quicker, but then it would not hold the meaning it will one day hold. One day, not real soon, but I promise it is there, you will sit in the day, and remember with joy the times you were able to share with your beloved Son.

Now, are you taking care of the physical you? Water, tea, protein? Brian loves you,needs you to live it as healthfully as you can. I know that this does not fit in with the way you are feeling, but the better you take care of the physical aspect of your life, the better the emotional and spiritual.

Marcia, looks and sounds so restorative. I am interested, just will need to save some $$$ and make plans to miss a bit of school. I can do that.

Love ya,

dee

• Members
daniellemom

Mary Ann – I’m so sorry you are feeling this raw pain, it’s so very hard at 3 months. Maybe if you are able go the beach again and sit and walk and talk with your Brian. I so wish you were able to find a support group of some kind or even a neighbor. I know you have posted you are all by yourself that must be so very hard not to have someone to talk to. Talk to us. What you are feeling is so very normal after you have lost a child. Your Brian is with you! For now take those moments and the moments in between will become longer and before long it will be an hour that you can make it without crying and then 2 hours. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Trudi – Congrats on your daughters engagement!

Dee – Thank you!! You are always there to give a helping hand. I know I have told you all before Danielle’s best friend Samantha passed away 8 months before Danielle and her mother (Donna) and I are best friends. Samantha passed away from heart problems that we were not aware of until a month or so before she passed. Well Samantha’s brother has started to have some issues with his heart I think I have been thinking about that a lot he went to the doctor today and he has POTS. Never heard of it be he is going to wear a heart monitor for a month and then go for a follow up. He has to eat more salt and plenty of water to help with this condition and the heat play a part also.

Marica – Thanks! You are always there for everyone and so helpful. I would love to come in April I will start saving now!

Thanks for listening to me go on and on!

Sonya (Danielle’s Mom)

• Members
Claudia - May you feel the light of Joey around you today - Your faith brings you peace knowing one day you will be with him again.....Trudi

Sonya - Yep after travelling the world, a dream I always had, I came back and fell down.  I think it is part of this journey - something is missing and being away doesn't change it.  Is the condition PATS?  Paroxysmal artial tachycardia syndrome?  That requires a heart monitor to capture the episodes for diagnosis and treatment.  Hope all goes well. 

Lorri - So sorry to hear about the pup.  Its so true, when Muttley went into traffic my whole being was hit with an overwhelming pain at the thought of losing him. 

Maryanne - Dee is right, taking care of yourself is so important.  I find myself at the beach alot, thinking, remembering and just being.  If this is somewhere you and Brian shared, maybe pack some food and water and just sit...its okay to be there.

Bonnie - Yep, the funeral guys asked if Mikes dad would like to speak...Mal the consumate diplomat took Leigh (aquired brain injury) and Robin (bio dad) aside and spoke with them.  When it came time for the dad to speak, Mal spoke on their behalf flanked either side.  He told Mikes bio dad, a young man lacking the immaturity but not the love, of Leigh who raised Mike as his own until illness took his ability to be present in Mikes life and lastly words from the man who knew Mike albeit briefly but was non the less connected to this boy.

It was such a site, all three together on the podium.  My baby brother trying to lighten the mood leaned forward and said "hey sis would you like a picture of this'?

Take care all......Trudi

• Members
daniellemom

Trudi – You are correct PATS is what she called it maybe I was just wishing for POT! LOL That’s been many moons ago!

• Members

Claudia,---Thinking of you on this day.....dear Joey's Angel Day. May his warm

spirit shine through to you and soothe the ache in your heart. Peace to you, friend

Carol,----Oh , those pics of the cats are toooooo cute ! :).  I'm a cat person, so I

especially enjoyed them. Thanks.

Dee,----Lovely pics of Bridget, and ERi. They are so pretty. I have been away for

a couple days----took my mom (age 89) to southern OH. to visit my son, who

lives there. It rained a lot, but it was still enjoyable. The campus of Ohio University

was buzzing----orientation for incoming freshmen. No, I haven't been canning yet---

waiting on the tomatoes to ripen......then I'll be busy.:?.  Is Kalamazoo College

where your son went to school ?

Maryann-----I'm glad you came back to BI. I am so very sorry for your loss of your

dear son, Brian,....who was your only child. 

I don't need to tell you that the 3 mo. point is really a brutal time. I'm sorry that

the grief floods you so comepletely, and that the sorrow is so overwhelming. I

think that BI is so much help---especially when one can come on and read/post

whenever they feel like it, and will no doubt have someone respond soon. My

prayers are for you, now, that you may find some measure of strength.

Daveysmom,   Sherry

• Members

Betsey----Pic of Rich in the jester hat is so cute. Thanks

Kathy,---Yes, Tavian certainly does look like his mom, Jessica, and the

pic of her at age 2 is just so darling---curly hair & all.

Trudi,---Congrats on your daughter, Melissa's engagement.

Sonya,---Sorry that you are feeling a bit "let down" after vacation. I agree with

Dee, that it may be that you were at the place where you had shared such

good times with Danielle. That can trigger so many memories----good ones

to be sure----then feelings of sadness because she is not there, but actually,

our babies ARE with us ....so very close. I know it is so hard to think of them

in that way sometimes. I hope you will be feeling a bit better soon. Prayers

for you, friend.

Daveysmom, Sherry 

• Members

For Claudia~ Thinking of you, sending you worlds of love, and wishing you happy memories that will bring peace to your heart...

Much love ~

mamabets and Danny, her little wink from here, there and everywhere

post-12239-128153894089_thumb.jpg

• Members

Claudia - I wish you good memories, love and especially the feel of Joey as he surrounds you on this day.  Joey - fly high and shine bright for those who are missing you so very much.

Thank you all for your comments on the pic of Jessica - how well I remember her being that little - such wonderful memories, so many tears.

Yes, I am happy about DD - he is paying a high price for his actions but I feel as though it will be Tavian paying the higher price as he gets older and realizes the truth - we will be there to keep him strong. 

Maryanne - again my thoughts fly back to the moments when I was where you are now and the tears flow for you as I remember the overwhelming pain, the raw ache, the "this is just a dream", the wanting to just let go of all and be with the child you lost - be strong as hard as it is - you need to take care of yourself and let all of your emotions come as they may, it will be softer but right now that seems impossible for you to believe and we here know that.  Please stay with us, we are here.

Sonya - yes, the going away and coming back home can certainly set us back some steps.  After being with you family for a week and Danielle on your mind, the shells, all can lead to the saddness, heavy heart when you return. Hang in there my friend, prayers for you.

Marcia - will defintely go to Sedona!!!  Like Dee said - time to start saving the $$$ now - I am on it and this time I am going to put the money in an account under my husband's name so I can not touch it until the trip!!!  Still waiting for that miracle to get me to MN - never give up hope and I am sure praying!!!

Dan - you are awesome with the computer - I love every pic you do - I need to take a class or something!!! 

Trudi - Congratulations on Melissa's engagement - I am so excited for all of you. So good to hear "happy news", especially here on BI.  I can imagine the happiness and the tears as well my friend .

I am tired tonight as usual - can never seem to just sit and relax - nervous energy my mom calls it!!  Am going to read a while and then catch some sleep. Need to get up early as Pea Pod is delivering between 8am and 10am!! Oh well, I am usually awake all hours any way.

Much love and peace to all and will talk tomorrow. Love, Kathy

• Members
4everjoeysmom

HUGS and HUGE THANKS to ALL who sent me thoughts, prayers and blessings today. I made it through...sad, exhausted, but at peace as well. It helped me so much to see all of your posts, Joey's name over and again, and that wonderful picture of Joey in a ray of light in the clouds. LOVED IT ALL!! Again, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!! xoxoxo ~Claudia

Joey, can't believe 3 years gone by... Seems like yesterday and yet like forever ago. I miss your voice, your laugh, the way you lit up a room when you walked in, your sense of humor, your million dollar smile, your sideways glance, your EVERYTHING!! It's an amazing miracle that I am surviving here without you. SO often I want to pick up the phone and call Heaven. So, since I can't, from that perpetual umbilical cord never severed, I send my love, my hugs and kisses. You'll always be my Baby Boy, my Joey Monkey, my First Born Treasure, My Heart.

Forever! Your Mom

• Members

Indeed Claudia, he always will be your baby-boy, that Boy with the dazzling smile. He still lights up a room because when you walk in, your carry him with you.

Dan, your photo creations are gifts to be sure.

Sleep folks, like you did when you were 7 or 8, after a day of roller skating. That deep wonderous sleep that lets your mind and body heal and prepare for the next day.

Spent the evening with my Sisters, Mary Anne, Eileen and my nieces, Laura and Kate. Tears and laughter- go together  like chips and dip- but are less fattening.

• Members

Dee:  I love the picture of Erica and Bridget...so young and happy...such a wonderful memory.  Bridget...I ask also...you didn't want to comb your hair?  It looks wonderful, and it is a wonderful pic of you and your mom.

Mary Ann...thinking of you today...I sent you a pm.

The day at the ballgame yesterday was just so terrific...though so hot, I truly thought I was going to melt!   It was a very exciting game, that got turned around from us losing, by a three run homer in the 8th inning, and so provided tons of excitement.  We all had a really good time, and didn't mind at all that we had "standing room only" tickets, as they were in a terrific spot.  We eventually struck up conversations with a group that was sitting in front of us, who eventually came back and stood with us and we all watched the game together.  They were five men in their late 20's/early30's, along with the fiance of one of them, and they had all recently returned from a tour in Iraq and this ball game was their celebration of returning.  They did come back one less, unfortunately, and a couple of weeks prior had had a celebration and fund-raiser in his honor and for his family, which was quite successful, they told us.  The wonderful thing about their joining us was they readily included Kameron in their conversation and joy of being there...talking to him, congratulating him on his birthday, etc., instead of just "dismissing" him because he was just a child, as sometimes happens in adult gatherings.  Kameron was so pleased, and spoke often and joyfully, and you could see the joy on his face at being "included."  He even brought up the subject of how his dad had introduced him to the Red Sox, and that he was now passed away....sympathy was expressed, of course, but then some memories were discussed for a bit, but in a "happy memory" type of way, and this added to the camaraderie.  Of course, Kam's mom was with us, and joined in the conversations, as well.   At the end of the game, they shook hands, gave hugs, and sent blessings for a safe drive home as they walked away....all in all, a nice, friendly group of people, sharing their joy and delight at being there, and being together.  The one guy who spoke to us the most, and spoke to Kameron and us about Kam's dad the most, shook our hands just a short while into the conversation, and introduced himself...though he now lives in Londonderry, NH, he was originally from Portsmouth, NH, (a few miles from where we live) which was one of Mike's very favorite places to be--he hung out there a lot in his late teens/early 20's.... and this guy's name?  "Mike"......of course...  On the way out of the game, as we were walking across the street to go to the car, there were some markings on the sidewalk...in the midst was a perfect heart...  Short of his dad actually physically being there, how could a 12 year old boy have a more perfect birthday?  He was delighted with it all...I am sure the memories will be with him always. 

To all:  Have a good night, good weekend, and enjoy the beginning of August...summer is finally here in New England...I hope it's where you all are, as well...though all we can dp (until the 14th) is send you, Trudi, some "summer thoughts..."

love and peace,  carol  mikesmomrs

• Members

Carol - What a brilliant birthday.  To be at Fenway, see the Red Sox and talk about his dad openly and happily.....too good.  Mike definitely there in so many ways.....

Went to Zak's Auskick game today.  Its a game to teach the young ones the skills and develop the teamwork of playing Aussie Rules.  They work through a number of skill sessions and then play a 30min game.  Zak marked and kicked a goal, something of an achievment.  My heart soared as he turns and smiles that toothless 6yr old smile!  His baby sister Jeya is with Steven, a cold keeping her all cuddles - nothing more that Granman loves but cuddles!  They were off to the country so the visit was cut short.....

This afternoon I find the wall and slide into a bucket of tears....this life now is a roller coaster of hi's and low's that are magnified beyond belief.

As I fall into the nanna down nap, Mals youngest arrives to break the news the baby is a boy, I just can't get my head of the pillow pleading headache - but emotional I have nothing to give.

Our winter is slow, no rain to speak of and mild days now.  All the bulbs have been tricked into believing its Spring and are in bloom....

Dee - hope the dip and chip night goes well, simple stuff and good company what more could you hope for..

Trudi

• Members

Carol, such a special story you have told. Brought tears of happiness on this early morning. Thank you for sharing. So good to know there are still adults who behave like adults and include the young and innocent. What a magical day.

Have a wonderful weekend everybody. Off to work I go. Afterwards we will be picking up our new gas grill and preparing for our first cooked out meal! Finally!!!

Lynn                    Kayla, I would so so so enjoy the presence of your company for our

first summer cookout. NO, you are not cooking :) Love and GIANT

hugs to you. MWAH!!

• Members

Good monring to all,  a big thank you to CLAUDIA, SONYA, SHERRY, DEE AND KATHY,

thank you for all the things that you have said to me.  I know you are all right, that i should  go to the beach, but that was so special for Brian and I .I  feel that right now i am afraid to go any where by myself.  i know that might sound crazy, but i feel that i , i don't know what to feel. 

When Brian got out of the hopital, he was in a wheel chair, and he always hated me having to push him, so he did all he could to walk, and before he died he was walking, he was such a fighter.  I never complained about having to push him, the only thing is that we couldn't hear each other talking. 

I told him as long as we were together we will do the best we can. 

I want to thank everyone who sent private PM, my prayers go out to all parents who have lost a child in anyway. most of all to my new friends here at BI.

thank you   Mary ann

• Members

Thank you Mary Ann, for sharing with us, for opening our hearts in your special way.

Carol, how cool that your Kam was able to openly tell about his Daddy to these men, how special. Mike must be grinning that his Boy has the ability to share openly about loss and love. What  a fabulous young man. So glad that you had this kind of  time.

Trudi, let the sadness wash over you so that you are not spending energy trying to fight it. Allow it and go forward.

Love you,

dee

• Members

Mary Ann, I just realized that today is your three month angel date, My prayers are with you that you can find some peace today and feel your angel boy around you, know that he is safe, happy,without pain and eternally young now.  It is hard for me to remember how I felt at 3 months, I am only at 10 months right now, but I know I feel the pain is so much softer now, I do not cry everyday, I do find things that make me smile and I look for signs from my angel girl in everything I see.  Something that I did shortly after Bethany died, maybe 3, 4 months, was so put a bird feeder outside my dining room window.  To watch the tiny birds come and feed eeryday brings a smile to my face even on my hardest days.  The neighborhood birds are eating us out of house and home and I go thru alot of seed every month, but it brings me peace.  You will find as time goes on, the pain will soften -- it will never go away, but there will be days when it is not all emcompassing.  Take care of yourself today, and try not to live for "this" day in every month... I found the anticipation of 'the day"  mine is the 19th - 20th , is so much worse than letting the day come and go.  What works for me may not work for you, just a suggestion, all of our losses are so different and yet so the same.   Prayers for you today Brians Mom............

Hugs, Marcia    Bethany's Mom Forever

• Members

Marcia

thank you for your prayers and I  am sorry about Bethany, you are still new to this journey of hell.  Not thinking so much of the day, just that I miss him.

mary ann

• Members

Mary Ann, now we can all see and get to know your sweet Brian. 

You are welcome, Marcia   Bethany's Mom Forever

• Members

this is a picture of Bethany's Dog,  Sammie,aka Sampson, BooBoo, Sam, and RD

He misses her so much, sleeps with us now, but still lays on the floor outside her bedroom door if the door is closed... he goes in her room and just looks around, sometimes he just stares off in to space...like maybe he sees her... She loved him so much, he was her 35 pound boston terrier baby....

Hugs, Marcia   Bethany's Mom Forever  

post-24749-128153894089_thumb.jpg

• Members

For mpsmom~ OH, how special this is... My friend, Carol, has a dog exactly like this- "MUGSY".... xoxox

He is so good, so cuddly, and gives me wonderful puppy fixes when I miss mine so...

Much Love~

• Members

Here Sammy, here Sampson, OH BABYEEEEEE, Sorry that was my fix. He is a cutie Marcia, and I can see him staring into the space of Bethany's room. Maybe he does see her or her energy.

Maybe one day I will have dogs again, love them to pieces, but husband and I never raised kids together, and should not start now. We do not do things alike EVER! So raising a puppy or two together might not work well. If we were to have puppies, we would probably get huge dogs, both of us love big dogs. I would get another collie like the one ERica had as a young girl, and then I would get a Bernese(bernie). Maybe three dogs would be good in which case a big shepard.

Mary Ann, Oh what a handsome young man Brian is. Great photo, thanks for sharing. I know it can get scary to go out of the zone you were used to living. To leave it, to wander into the world where you either have not wandered without Brian, or to places you have never been can be pretty unnerving. When I feel the heavy missing or heavy worry, I talk out loud to ERica. I remember reading once, in a book about spirits, that when we call upon our Babies, to name them fully; Erica Eileen Reith, so our energy calling goes right to them. Communication has continued, though very different, there is some comfort there.

Lynn, glad that you are getting your grill, have a fabulous dinner. What will be your first meal on the grill? Kayla will be there, sitting with you as you take in the cool night. Have a good weekend.

dee

• Members

For ericasmom~ Here you go, Dee..Ask and you shall receive!!

A dear friend of mine from high school has a brood of these Bernie's!!

Much Love~

post-12239-128153894093_thumb.jpg

• Members

Mambet, isnt that the most adorable pup.... so soft and cuddly, I think it looks perfect for Dee.  

• Members

For briansdad~ What a beautiful video, Greg.. You are a master at these, and they are ALL so heartfelt... Absolutely BEAUTIFUL...

Thank you~ Thank you~ Thank you!!!!

Much Love,

• Members

ohhhh, I love the bernese, thanks so much Betts.

dee

• Members

Marcia, I love the new picture of Bethany, and thank you again for your help.

Dee, thank you, that was the only picture I had of Brian on my computer, hope to put a better one up soon.

To all the other members, I hope everyone is having a good day.

mary ann

• Members

Mary Ann, the picture of Brian is great , such a big smile.....it sounds like you are having a good day, I am happy for that...maybe knowing you can come here anytime and there is almost always someone 'here' will help you take steps 'forward', dont expect too much of yourself -- it is soooo soon.  We are cleaning out the garage and reorganizing, there is so much of Bethany in the garage, must take a break now and again.,...I cannot give anything of hers away yet, someday i suspect I will feel differently, but for right now we are just moving things around..... getting rid of some of MY stuff to make room for keeping all of her things.  

Hugs, Marcia   Bethany's Mom Forever  

• Members

Lorri, how much does that little tiny dog weigh?

Mary Ann, I am not good at electronics, but I have been able to post a photo or two. It's funny, once I put up Eri's avitar, I have never changed it. Don't know why.

if this photo attaches, it is of Eri when she was 15 or so, in an off-beat experimental, dance troop.

post-7435-128153894096_thumb.jpg

• Members

ERi when quite small, my little cowgirl in the dust, as Neil Young sings of.

post-7435-128153894099_thumb.jpg

• Members

one summer day at the beach many years ago, ERz was 11 years old. She paid for her braids, 38.00. She saved and saved. Loved it.

post-7435-128153894103_thumb.jpg

• Members

Dee, I love the pic of the two of you, you smiling and Erica with her braids, she looks so much the same as her graduation picture.....Bethany also got braids about the age, on the beach on her first trip to Mexico, she negotiatied with about 4 of the ladies on the beach...finally one dropped her price becasue she thought she was so cute bargaining with them.  Please bring lots of pciutres or a disc of lots of picutres to MN.    It has cooled off here, only about 105 today............working in the garage is a real effort.

Hugs, marcia    bethanys mom forever

• Members

Maryanne - Thanks for the picture of your handsome young man.  It truly is a blessing to be able to see our kids as we write from the heart.  Glad you convinced Brian that being together was more important than how you got there.  Welcome to the BI family!!

Dee - only thing I'm wondering is where are your braids???  I had them done back in 1998 on a trip to Bali - you have to laugh when you board the plane back to Aus and there we all are with our braids...(lol).  You are so right, I gave in last night to the fatigue and tears.  Slept for 3hrs then another 9....still tired but moving!

Lorri - Princess looks like a soft toy...so precious.

Marcia - Where is that picture of Bethany taken?  Love the puppy, but then since I became Muttleys mum I'm incurable.

Bets - Love the picture of the pup bernese you said.  Where does that breed originate from?  Handsome dog.

This is Melissa Mike and Steven - 16, 17, 15....the one time they were all in the house at the same time......I'd like to say Steve was tired but I think the term was totally chilled out...

post-17130-128153894106_thumb.jpg

• Members

Mary Ann - I'm so happy to see you put up a picture of Brian! It's great to see him. My thoughts and love are with you on this day.

Dee - Those pictures of Erica are priceless, espeically the cowgirl. I cried, it's too precious. I remember when she was in that dance troop and when she had those braides too!  I remember when she came back with them everyone wanted them too.

Trudi - Mike has a great smile. I love the pic.

Love to all,

Bridget, Patricia's daughter & Erica's friend

• Members

Mary Ann,----I completely understand your reluctance to go anywhere by

yourself. Sometimes, when you are early on in this journey, you need an

arm to lean on when you go out somewhere. I made that mistake once--

early on in my journey. Went to the mall where my Dave used to go all the

time. Big mistake.....I just felt so very alone & overwhelmingly sad....had to

leave there immediately. So, if you feel that you should be with someone,

then this is what you should do. At the 3 mo. mark----everything is so very

fresh and raw in our hearts & souls. We need all the help we can get. Be

gentle with yourself, and take the time you need in the day-in, day-out,

timeline. Peace to you, friend.

Carol,----What a great day at Fenway Park with Kam. So glad you had the

opportunity to go,...and Mike must have been smiling down right above

HOME plate.

Marcia,----Yes, I agree.....feeding the birds is so comforting & peaceful. We also

fed the birds before & after Dave's death. Didn't pay too much attention before,

but after he was gone, we began to write down the names of birds that visited

our feeders. Was surprised to find we saw so many kinds. We still feed, and get

so much enjoyment from the sweet little birds.

Dee,----You feed the birds too, don't you?  Great bike ride you took with your

friend------25 miles !  Wow, you must be in great shape :).

Peace & tranquility to ALL here at BI, and may you get a good night's sleep,

and maybe dream of your beloved child.

Daveysmom,   Sherry

• Members

Marcia,---Oh, forgot to mention how very cute, Sammie, Bethany's dog is.

Poor pup......missing Bethany. Animals do have a sense about such things,

I believe.

Dee,----Nice pics of ERi. She always looks so happy.

Betsy,----Your pic of the Bernese dog is great......I don't believe I have

seen one in real life. There's a Dog Show going on this weekend in our

town. Wonder if there are Bernese dogs there ?

Mary Ann,----Thanks for posting the pic of your dear son, Brian. He is indeed

a very handsome young man.

Trudi,----Thanks also for your pic of Melissa, Mike, and Steven as teenagers.

They are so close in age. You must have been one busy lady when they were

little babies/toddlers. :).

Sherry

• Members

Trudi, Love that photo of the teens as they mug for you. Such pretty kids.

I wore two long braids for so many years, from the time I was 4 until I was 12. My hair had never been cut adn it was very thick. It was to the bottom hem of my shorts, so on my 12th birthday, I asked Mom to cut my hair. She wouldn't let me wear it out of braids until it was shorter, so it was shoulder length after that, and then real short, then long long long again, and in that time, I wore braids on and off. Never braids like Eri's though. We went to many beauty parlors to price how much the braids would cost...most of the nicer shops wanted 150.00 for her head. Then we went to a shop on the outskirts of Oak Park, bordering Chicago, in an African American neighborhood. The women there said, well, a dollar per braid. They were able to make 38 braids, and ERi had the money saved...the women there said, oh my goodness, this white-girl has the most slippery hair. We laughed because Eri had stick straight very fine hair. The dance photo shows her with some curls as we used electric rollers that day.

Bridge, I know that you are familiar with these photos, and I am glad that they make you smile.

I am in a melancholy mood I guess, just wandering through the day, sleeping on and off feeling a bit under the weather. Headache, stomach a bit upset. The weather is like early October right now, the barometer dropped and my allergies kicked into high gear. Perhaps I will have some energy tomorrow.

Yes I feed the birds too, love the birds and this year, a lot of yellow finch, so beautiful. They are feasting on the sunflower heads. This evening, the hummingbird graced our yard for about 10 minutes, flower to flower andwhoops, up adn gone.

• Members

Hello to all - not feeling well tonight so this will be short.

Maryann - so very happy that you got a pic of your Brian up for all to see - how handsome he is. I am so excited that you are beginning to "talk" a little more - baby steps my friend, baby steps.

I will not be here to talk to you for the next week as we are leaving to go camping at Gin beach in the a.m. - it is so hard for me to go a week without talking, the support and the love from my wonderful family here but I will be back and rambeling next Sinday. I will be alone this week with my other girlfriends, husbands not coming until Friday so it will be a nice "girls camping trip" although it is my first time camping without Tavian (at Grandma's) - I am looking forward to it but know that I am going to have my moments of "meltdowns" without him. He has been there for a MONTH and I am missing him so much I can hardly breathe today. I talked to him and he is very excited about the week coming up as they are going into the city shopping and lots of exploring. I am being silly I know but I am so scared that he is having "too good of a time" and I really want him to call me and say "mi-mi I want to come home now please come get me" but I know that as long as he is happy when I talk to him all is ok - just that my mind says one thing and my heart another. Well all of my family and friends are telling me that it is good for Barry and I to have this time to ourselves abd to try to enjoy each other but the longest he has been apart from us is 2 weeks. Anyway - my love to all of you in the next week and will talk to you all on Sunday. Still hoping for that miracle that will fly me to MN!!!! 

Need some rest and hopefully feel better in the morning. Sunshine and sweet memories to all - Kathy

• Members

feel better Kathy, and have a wonderful week with the girls.

Love to all,

dee

• Members

• Members

hello Bi friends. a quick trip this Saturday/Sunday. Might share more later but a day of worry. The pics are from the beach , July. Wildwood NJ, Bubba, maybe Richs sister saw him there too, and someones " little" summer home in Cape May, NJ.

Love the puppies and fluffy dogs. Love the pics of our kids. Cowgirls and dancers and dogs that know our kids are still around.

Was just watching Men in Black for the 10th millionth time. A couple lines that kind  of made me take note.

" You do know Elvis is dead don;t you"

2nd guy.." he isn't dead, he just went home"....

we hear this a lot don't we but then I think, does Rich know Elvis now?

They went home and I'm tired and not making much sense.lol

good night.

Betsy, myson, Rich

• Members
heartbeataway

Mary Ann,

It's nice to finally see your Brian's picture!  Three months ..... tough times!  I remember them well ...... I'm so sorry sweetie!

Lynn,

How was the first cook out?

Dee,

Love the pictures!  I think you two look a lot alike. 

Marcia,

Sammy is so sweet! Bless his little heart.

Carol,

Glad the birthday went well. Sound like a good time that won't be forgotten.

Trudi,

Hope you're feeling better today .......

JAY'S RUBI IS HOME!  I did okay when we picked it up until it came time to leave and I climbed up in the passenger seat.  We went from there to a wine festival and I cried most of the way there. Still so hard to believe he's gone ..... forever gone. I have to die to be with you again gone  ............

• Members

I watched it too Betsy, never watched it before and did laugh a lot, but I too loved that line.

Thanks for the compliment on the photos,

dee

• Members

To all my BI friends

Wisconsin weather has been awesome lately.  High 70 low 80.  The nights have been beautiful - calm, warm, light from the moon!

Scott and I were by ourselves (no kids home) and had a small bon-fire to burn basement stuff - 2002 tax information, old picture frames, ruined paper from the flood, etc.

Did not have the fire too high; the wind caught the small paper pieces.

Aaron goes to the YMCA camp today for a week (6n/7d).  He still is not thrilled, but being a trooper about it.

Aaron has been hanging around with his friend Trevor lately and I really like Trevor.  Trevor's parents are unable to care for him so he lives with his aunt/uncle here in Wis; therefore, for a majority of the summer, Trevor has been with his real parents in another state.  He smiles and laughs all the time; it is really fun watching AJ and Trevor react with each other.

Thinking of you all, reading all the posts.

Love

Colleen

• Members

Col,

glad that the weather is finally making you happy, it has been chilly but today is gorgeous, perfect. I do hope that we never get the hot weather that we usually have, I never like that too much unless I am sitting in water. I hope that the start of school is cool for once, so that I don't have 23 kids boiling in a room that catches all the morning sun and the heat builds in there to sometimes 98 degrees. 

I can't get rid of this low grade thingy. So I am just laying low, not used to not having energy to do a zillion things, but this is a forced rest then. Don't feel up to the gym as I normally would.

Jon's girlfriend ran the half marathon today in Chicago with her beautiful Momma. So proud of her, and don't know how her Momma did it. She looks 20 years younger than she is and is very fit.

I am hoping that later today, under the blue skies that I will be able to ride my bike or go for a long walk, but right now, my head hurts.

Hope everyone is well,

dee