Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members

GREG, you made my heart soar again by showing that video. I don't know how I soar as I weep, but somehow, this video does that. Thanks for the second showing. I will be viewing it again tonight before sleep. It is quite powerful, amazingly so.

RUBI-CON goes home! Hooray for that Bon. What a treat to have that favorite vehicle back in your lives. Good for you. Yes, DC would be a good place.

I didn't ride 50 total miles, only about 25 total, though husband John says it was longer than that. So about 28 total. I do hope my back will allow me to get about tomorrow, but we'll see. Last summer I went on 3- 40 mile rides. This summer my back has had too many visits to the doc. to go that long, so today pleased me because it is my longest since last summer. I iced my back and did some very good stretches right when I got home so that is good. Time for sleep though, I am tired. I understand Kathy, when you say the 50 year old body doesn't do as it once did. I am 53, and if it is the new 33 then I am in big trouble, cause I sure don't move as I once did, much less move as a 33 year old. Way less flexibility. However I am happy if I can continue taking walks each day with bike rides in between. Very happy indeed. Kath, I am sorry to not get to see you, that is if a miracle does not occur. That photo of Jess is like a goddess. Her hair hangs as gold ropes, jewelery. Treasure.

Shelly, wow, what  a day you put in. Glad puppy is doing better. Remember to be extra kind to yourself.

Mamabetts, are you okay? Kay?

• Replies 68.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

still trying to figure out posting pics and it didnt work. oh well, soon i will learn.

I saved the video of our angels on my pc. Thanks for showing it again. The wedding video was such a hoot. Some left nasty comments but I dont think they know how to have fun. Not everything has to be so serious- right?

Getting my new kitchen table delivered tomorrow. This will be the third one so hope all is together and no damage this time. Third time is a charm right?  Also going to preview the tat that was drawn up for me. Plan is to get it Aug 8th. Not looking forward to the pain but its pain well worth it.

Nite everybody. HUGS!!

Lynn

• Members

Cute car.... I am not good about what kind of car is what.. what is it??  ( I'll bet the 'guys' know)    Well Lynn posted a cute little red car, from her photobucket but now it is gone---really I havent totally lost my mind.... It just 'looks' that way !!!:?

Hug,s    Marcia    Bethany's Mom Forever

• Members

Oh NO! Does that mean it posted Marcia? When I looked it didnt show anything.

• Members

Bonnie:  I had to get Coffemate French Vanilla Fat Free for hubby tonight, but I was lucky, it was the last thing he mentioned to me before I walked out the door...he is spoiled also, but he spoils me even more...  The picture of Jay's Rubicon...it makes me think of something I read once..."The only difference between men and boys is the size of their toys."  Sure fits Jay, as I am sure he likely was a truck fan when he was little guy...I am so very glad that you are getting his back, what a wonderful feeling you must have about that. 

Dee:  My bike is still sitting in the shed out back...I must get it out one of these days and renew our acquaintance...can't go far, but still...  So great that you can do what you do...

Kathy...love that pic of Jessica and her beautiful hair...some people with that type of hair don't like it and try to straighten it (can't fathom that, as I tie back my "string"), but she seems to revel in it, and gloriously so...such a beauty!

I am also turning in, need to get plenty of sleep for our big day tomorrow for Kam's birthday.  Will try to get some pics. It will be a long day...Kam lives 45 minutes from here, then over 2 hours to Boston, then over 2 hours back to his house, then 45 minutes back to my house...thank God for car air conditioning...it has been like a steam bath outside here for the past couple of days.  Who was it that was looking for summer?!?!?!

love and peace,  carol  mikesmomrs

(

• Members

I don't see a car but who knows, it may show up later. I also don't see a different avitar for Nick, which so many people commented on. The old very good looking Nick is still on my computer. Odd hu?

sleepy now,

night

• Members

Dee:  I don't see the car, either, nor have I seen the new avatar of Dan's handsome son, Nick...guess we have the same "party line...":D

• Members

Bonnie - The one that was here recently was the one who walked the day after Steven was born.  He came back to my parents house 6 weeks later to take me to our house.  I didn't know he had 'made friends' with another lady. (dumb dumb dumb).  We seperated permanently when the kids were just 3, 2, 1.  Mike contacted him a couple of times after he turned 17 but it never really took.  The guy moved to Tas and Mikes health began its downhill run. 

He did come to the funeral though.  Bought the partner.  It was slightly amusing as he introduced himself to everyone as Mikes dad, introduced himself to the grandbabies as 'grandpa'.  Talk about confusing. No one who knew Mike thru his growing years had any idea who he was!  He tried to reconnect with Melissa & Steven but failed miserably.  Was too busy to talk once he got home and his life was 'complicated'.

No it was the aquired brain injury one.  He was Mikes step dad for over 15yrs, the last 7 were horrific as the damage to his brain manifested in personality changes and dementia.  He as a shunt but unfortunately most of the damage is permanent.  I guess the big one is he has no inhibitions, hence the thoughtless comments. 

Ahh but life is a challenge.  Great to hear about Jays Rubicon - signs signs signs

Word to the wise, I just finished reading  My sisters Keeper - was okay with that.  Then made the mistake of seeing the movie....don't.  I sat and sobbed for 15mins after the lights came up.  Its different than the book..

Greg - Love the video.  You do great work.

Lynn - There is video just under that in a list for You Tube - looks alot like your Kayla, is it her??

Carol - Your daughter is one of hundreds who would line up to take Muttley home.  He really has that ability to melt even the hardest heart and win them over!!

Trudi

• Members

[user=22932]lolynbo[/user] wrote:

I DONT NOHOW TO START A WEB PAGE BUT IF ANYONE IS UP FOR IT I S URE WOULD LIKE THAT...

Let me know what you are thinking or want done and i'll do it.

• Members

Well, now I see the new avatar of Nick...just as handsome....

• Members

hello all, well the interview went ok I guess but I think they found their woman/man before I interviewed. Just a feeling. They did advise me to apply for another position which is open so I'll look into that.

Thanks for the pep talk, it was a breeze even as I got there and the thunder clouds opened up.

Lorri, I thought Dan or Greg might raise a hand in help. They are both so good at the work I see here. Another thought; you have a business right? There may be a student or recent grad that may do the work, perhaps a barter deal and aside from your service, suggest how nice Kourtney's site will look listed on their resume! A not for profit, it may stand out.

Marcia, I'll be there . I talk to people throughout the day that live in Az. I do believe I would melt in 115 degree heat. Are you thinking springtime?

Bonnie, Rich was telling his g/f  that i use to "drag" him all over the place. I took him to DC once, I have a pic somewhere that I can post. Funny thing is, when Rich was telling his story he was "dragging" his g/f to a local,small museum at Washington Crossings Park near us.

Carol, have fun.

Mary Ann, I don't compare my life to yours but I do know the loneliness that comes to us and sits for a spell. I think we all do. . Just remember, BI is open 24/7.

Rich at a company holiday party. 2007, before they shipped my job off to India. Oh well. Another place I dragged him to. See People, he even trimmed the beard !

post-27668-128153894077_thumb.jpg

• Members

Oh Betsy, I love the court jester attire. I love that photo, the fun loving Son of yours is a doll.

Glad and not surprised  by how well the interview went, and that they also gave you direction to another position sounds like they know you are a valuable asset to the company. I would melt along with you-infact melting now in air conditioning, (menopause) however would love to be in so lovely a place as Sedona with folks that are equally lovely. A spirit filled place with spirit filled friends.

Trudi, you have lived it Girl, and I would say have become an even more wonderfully strong and diverse woman from it all, and as far as Muttley's personality...you know what they say about dogs and their owners. Just sayin.

Hey, I still don't see the new avitar of Handsome Nick.

Have fun today Carol, at Fenway. Your Boy is sitting between you and your Grand boy.

dee

• Members

Hello everyone!

I did not sign on yesterday. I needed a little break. I just was not feeling up to it.

Yesterday I spent the day listening to music at work. Music that both uplifted me and brought me to tears. I listened to a lot of Peter Paul & Mary, my mom's favorite. We used to go to their concert every summer at this outdoor theater by where we live, Ravinia. Listening to those songs transported me back to that beautiful memory. My mom and I, sitting in the chairs, the breeze blowing by on a warm summer night, the music bouncing off the trees around us, all of those songs I still remember the words too... such a WONDERFUL memory, so good it makes me sob... so bittersweet. I LOVE YOU MOM!!!

Here is a picture of my mom and I... this is when I was going through my phase where I didn't want to brush my hair. I love this picture...

Love to all,

Bridget, Patricia's daughter & Eri's friend forever

post-33834-12815389408_thumb.jpg

• Members

Great photo Bridgie, and great memories. Your Momma is smiling on her most precious Daughter.

We are too.

love,

dee

here you are Bridget, with Erz on a very important day. One of my favorite photos.

post-7435-128153894082_thumb.jpg

• Members

Dee, did all the girls wear white gowns/dresses? nice picture . She has a twinkle in here eyes. hence Twink? :?

The theme that year was " Hats Off To You". He really enjoyed himself

• Members

And hats off to you Betsy, I love the name TWINK! Yes, graduation from Oak Park River Forest High School requires white gowns on all the girls, and black or dk.blue suits on all the boys. It has been controversial, since some women don't wear dresses but the old rules still hold...It is/was a wonderful sight, no matter where your opinions rest on the rules. Don't Bridget and Eri look great.

Bridget, this is one of the photos that has been sitting next to my computer for 6 years now. Love it. So perfectly reflects the ease and comfort of your friendship as you slipped together after the ceremony.

You see Bridget, these are golden for me now, these memories, at one time painful because she wasn't here anymore, but golden because she was once that Girl in the photos, that Girl always in my heart. Golden.

• Members

Yes, they do look great. AT times it's nice to stand by tradition. And you are right, you can see the love and friendship , kind of spings out of the photo.

Bridget, the one with your mom is cute . Are you saying " cheese"?

• Members

Betsy - I sure was! I was cheesin' from ear to ear! I love that we have these photos. Snapshots from moments in time... they are so precious : )

I love that sometimes, when you can't find the words, you can look at a particular photo and it says everything for you.

Bridget

• Members

Marcia, thank you for the advice you gave me about candlelighters, there is not one in my area or anywhere close.  and also thank you for telling me to go back all those pages, i should have done that in the first place.

just want to say hello to everyone and hope you are having a good day.

thank you all again

mary ann

• Members

I WAS KINDA JUST THINKING ABOUT THE STUFF I HAVE ON MY PROFILE TO EXPLAIN WHAT WE WENT THOUGH WITH KOURTNEY AND WHO SHE IS, AND THEN KOURTNEYS KLOSET LOGO AND WHAT WE DO AND WHO FOR ..ETC...

EVERYTHING CAN BE BOOTLEGGD...FOR SEVERAL WEBSITES, FACEBOOK, MYSPACE, BEBO, BEYOND INGIGO..

• Members

[user=22932]lolynbo[/user] wrote:

I WAS KINDA JUST THINKING ABOUT THE STUFF I HAVE ON MY PROFILE TO EXPLAIN WHAT WE WENT THOUGH WITH KOURTNEY AND WHO SHE IS, AND THEN KOURTNEYS KLOSET LOGO AND WHAT WE DO AND WHO FOR ..ETC...

EVERYTHING CAN BE BOOTLEGGD...FOR SEVERAL WEBSITES, FACEBOOK, MYSPACE, BEBO, BEYOND INGIGO..

As far as all the things you want on it that is not a problem. Would mainly need to decide what kind of site you want. I'm assuming you would want to be able to update it etc. Can actually make it a blog style and that way you can write and post things on your own vice a regular website that is rather complicated.

• Members

YES IM A SIMPLE PERSON NEED SIMPLE SITE..MAINLY TO TELL WHAT WE ARE WHO SHE IS AND WHAT WE NEED..

• Members

Trudi - My Sister's Keeper - just finished reading it and loved it/hated it. Thanks for the info on seeing the movie as I was going to and now I am not!!   My heart breaks when I think of your Mike at 17 trying to have a relationship with his dad and being ignored. Then to show up at his funeral and introduce himself as "his dad" - I don't know if I could have let him be there - you are a strong lady!!  When Tavian's DD showed up at my house the day Jessica left us I did not know who he was (shock I guess) but I actually asked him who he was and after about a half an hour I had one of my friends ask him to leave, I could not deal with him in my house knowing what he had done to my Jessica and to Tavian.  He did come to the wake and knelt down in front of me as I sat and he looked at me and all I remember saying to him is "it's too late, she is gone" and he left, did not come to the funeral but was at the Social Security office on Tuesday, 4 days after Jessica left us, to apply for social security for Tavian. When Barry and I went to start custody proceedings we were told to go to Social Security so we did on our way home. When I went in to the office and sat with the lady she told me that someone had already applied - needless to say I was shocked at DD's nerve, he had filled out the papers saying that Tavian lived with him full time etc, etc - I told the lady the truth and at around 4 pm that day she called me and said that they were denying DD the social security benefits and were putting me in charge so the check once a month would come to me in my name for Tavian. One very bittersweet victory won over such a deadbeat dad.   No time to be his dad but could sure find the time to try to get money from him!!!!

Dee - I love what you said about Jessica's hair "hangs as gold ropes, jewelery" - tears sliding down my cheeks.   I love, love the pic of Erz and Bridget - what a pair of beautiful girls in white gowns, I can see why it is your fav pic.  Also what you said "she was once that girl in the picture" - how true those words are. Still waiting for you too write that book!!!!

Bridget - love the photo of you and your mom!!   You said it best "when you cannot find the words you look at a particular picture and it says it all" - wise for your age and been through too much for one so young. Hang tight and stay strong, your mom and Eri are always with you.

Betsy - glad the interview was not as bad as you thought and hope the other offer works out for you.   Your son is so handsome and love that beard!!

Maryanne - so glad to see you here and like was said we are open 24/7 so come when you can. I still want to hear more about your Brian and you - a little at a time, baby steps.

OK - good news about Tavian's DD - he is waiting in jail to be sent to Federal prison for 5 years and the day he is released he will be deported back to the Dominican for life. I spoke with the person I have been dealing with from Home Land Security and he informed me that all is said and done and set in stone so now Barry and I can go in front of the judge and have him completely removed from the custody papers!!  I am told that we will have no problem since we already have full custody and since he is now considered and "aggravated felon" and is being deported then no judge will deny us our request - will keep all informed.   I probably should not be so happy about it but I am because right now if something should happen to Barry and I then he would go to his DD and I am NOT going to let that happen. When Tavian is of age and if he wants to try to persue a realtionship with him then so be it, I will not stand in his way.  Right now it is about Tavian and we want to be able to choose who he would live with if something should happen.

I have rambeled on enough for one night so I will say good night and much love and peace to all.  Kathy    Need to post a couple of pics that I love.

• Members

Jessica at 2 years old - doesn't it look just like Tavian??  I took him to the same park and he rode the same slide when he and I went to Iowa last October!!

post-17871-128153894085_thumb.jpg

• Members

how sweet, yes he looks just like her... i love those curls, that is what my hair looked like when i was small .. hugs

• Members

Kathy, those golden loops from her little girl head, just like Tavian. I am very pleased for the news of DD. In fact, with his behavior in trying to secure the social security which would deprive Jessica's Son, I am appalled and relieved all at once. What a scum-sucker. I am not too nice about those that prey on others when they are down. Yuck. I am really glad for this turn of events. I am sure at the same time that DD's Mom is sad, however, he made some awful choices, and he needs to pay for the ways he has hurt others.

Mary Ann, hope that as this day passes into night that sleep will come with more ease, and that somehow you hear the birds' song in the morning. Blessings. Life goes on even when we are unsure as to why. We find out at a later time, we just have to find out how.

Love,

dee

PS husband and I took the train into downtown Chicago this evening to visit the Art Institute of Chicago. (free thursday evenings and I no longer have a pass). I go there often but the new modern wing is finally done, and I wanted to see the structure from the inside. It overlooks Millenium Park. The new space is grand, it is beautiful, though I was less excited by the contents. I like some very modern art, but some of it does not interest me. I love art museums however, and am so pleased to see the beautiful architecture that is now the modern wing. I will get a new pass soon, so if ever you are in town, I will be glad to take you there.

• Members

Claudia:  {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} and thinking of you and Joey today...

• Members

Claudia,

botts_aaronic.jpg

• Members

Claudia - I think Joey has been holding your close these past months with all that you have been facing.  Thoughts of you today as yet another date of significance is here.

Betsy - Love the trimmed beard and the hat!  I love the 'dragged' me here there and everywhere view of our kids. 

Kathy - Another one here who has challenges thrown at her over and beyond the limit.  I hope you find the energy that comes from Jess and the handsome young Tavian to continue through this journey.  I hope by some act of faith I see your face in the lobby of the Raddison!

We talk about how life moves on and how we are all affected in different ways.  Well today is no exception.

[align=center]**Melissa (my daughter) is engaged**[/align]

She and her partner have been together for a while, have two kids and never seemed to be bothered with getting married.

Thursday night her partner booked into a four star hotel in Melbourne and popped the question, ring and all.  She was totally unaware.  I had just come from 90mins at the dentist when she rang.   Bought champagne and went to her house to congratulate them.  They are so happy as am I.  Yet on the way home I broke down.

Ahh the workings of the insane mind.

Dee - I look back at those times in my life and came up with a couple of things.  *I was the common denominator, maybe it was me!  *There were others dealing with much more than I was so suck it up and move on! and the oldy but goody, *We are never given more than we can handle - it will only serve to make me stronger.

Losing Mike changed the game forever for me.  But yet, there are so many others that I live in awe of overcoming the most horrendous lives and still smile......:)

Peace Out - Trudi 

• Members
heartbeataway

Kathy,

Love the picture of Jess ...... yes, Tavian sure looks like his mama! Can’t deny those curls!

I’m sorry that DD is “who he is” but I’m happy that Tavian is oblivious to it. It will be better for him not to have that turmoil in his mind.

Jay is Rich’s adopted son. Jason’s birth father was a person who just couldn’t grasp what it means to be a husband or a father.

My folks have remained close to him.  To the point of losing me.  They made sure he knew and was at Jason’s visitation and viewing.

I did not know the man who stood in line to shake my hand but just as he reached out, my body almost repelled a few steps back.  It was just as recognition took place.  It was the strangest thing.  I had to leave the room I was so upset.

He never took time for Jason while he was here with us but he showed up to be the grieving Dad when he left.  He was in no way recognized at or during the services.  And when the time came for the mike to open for folks to share their love and memories.  He never stepped forward..........

Bridget,

The picture of your Mom is so sweet ....... precious memories, eh?

Trudi,

Congrats on the engagement!  Special times ahead for you and your family.  How special of you to take champagne over to congratulate them and share in their joy!

Dee,

Love the picture of Bridget and Eri ........ pictures of our children are hard for me for some reason.  I love seeing them but they take my breath away when I look at how alive and vital they are. How can they be gone???  

I’m going to have to get the book, My Sister’s Keeper.  I’m intrigued!

Dan, you do an amazing job with the pictures you post in honor of our children!

• Members
heartbeataway

Claudia,

Sending you strength and love on this day of remembrance.

Joey, let your love fly!

Bonnie

• Members

My thoughts are with you today, Claudia. May your memories of Joey make you smile.

Greg

• Members

Claudia,

My thoughts, prayers and love are with you today. Like Greg said, may your memories of Joey make you smile : )

Much love,

Bridget, Patricia's daughter & Eri's friend

• Members

CLAUDIA THINKING OF YOU TODAY, EMBRASSING YOUR SON IN YOUR ARMS, CUZ HE'S RIGHT THERE WITH YOU...

POOR HARLEIGH STILL ASLEEP, AND HER MOM TEXT ME AND SAID HARLEIGHS LIL COCKER, LILLY DIED THIS MORNING...JUST LAYED DOWN BESIDE THE BED AND DIED...I GUESS KOURTNEY NEEDED ANOTHER DOG..

WEVE BEEN TOLD AT CF, THATS WHATS REALLY HARD, IS WHEN THE CHILD YOU LOST, THEIR DOG OR CAT DIES....PRINCESS IS 5 AND I CAN IMAGINE IT WILL BE BAD, CUZ WHEN SHE WAS MISSIN, I WIGGED OUT...IV DECIDED WHEN THE TIME COMES IM HAVING HER CREMATED AND ASHES PUT WITH KOURTNEY

• Members

Claudia my prayers are with you today, may you feel Joey hugging you & Michael all day long.  I too, feel like Joey has been right there- so very close to you in this last month of turmoil, I am so happy for your new home and the comfort you feel there.  Enjoy the day and know that is a day made just for you. 

Prayers, Marcia    Bethany's Mom Forever

• Members
homeschoolmom

Claudia,

Isn't it amazing that the very God in whose presence our children live and have joy, is the same One who comes alongside us, lifts us up, and gives us peace.  May you feel His presence and His peace today especially, and may your heart rejoice knowing that truly, "It won't be long 'til we're going home!"

Blessings and Hugs!

Shelly, Rohan's Mama

• Members

Trudi --Congratulations for your sweet Melissa !!! I am sorry the drive home was not a good one. Bonnie, I love the pic with Jay’s Rubicon, I am glad you are getting it back--- my husband calls that “mud-boggin’ “ said with his strong southern accent. Dee, sounds like a nice evening out with your husband, taking the train in to the city.  We took the dogs for a short walk last night after it cooled down to 103.  I love the picture of the ’girls’ at graduation… so pretty and proud.  Bridget, I didn’t notice that you were in a “phase of not combing your hair”, you were a cutie pie when you were younger, (and a beautiful woman now), a sweet picture of you and your Mom .  Betsy I hope the next position you apply for is the perfect one for you---this interview was just ‘practice’ I love the jesters hat, Bethany never had the nerve to be so goofy, the would barely wear different colored socks on "spirit day" at school.  Dan, I also have to comment on the wonderful things you do to recognize our children on their ‘days’ .  Such a talent right from the heart.  Lorrie, I am sorry that Harleigh’s little Lilly died, although I am glad that she was spending the night with you last night, was her little doggie old?   Kourtney will certainly take good care of Lilly for her.    Kathy, I'm still praying for that miracle.  Carol, always enjoy seeing your Mike’s smile, cant wait to meet you.  Shelley, I love that picture of Rohan and his sister, hoping the sun is shining on you today.  To everyone else who have been here reading and not writing, you are all in my thoughts and prayers.  Dale, how are you and your family doing ?

Hugs,  Marcia   Bethany’s Mom Forever

• Members

Thinking of you today Claudia. Please find some peace and solace knowing your Joey is right there on your shoulder to help guide the way.  HUUUUUGS!!

Lynn

• Members

Congratulations Trudi with the engagement. Keep us posted with all the details. Its so nice to get good news.

Lynn

• Members

JOEY, may this day wrap wings, your wings around your Momma, your Dad, and your Brother. Hold them and carry them through the next day, and the next.

Claudia, step into your Boy's light today and each,

God Bless,

dee

• Members

LILLY WAS ONLY ABOUT 4 SO WE DONT NO WHAT HAPPENED HER MOM SAID LILLY WAS JUST KINDA LAYIN AROUND...SO WE DONT NO..SHE STILL DONT NO I HAVE NOT TOLD HER

• Members
daniellemom

To everyone - I'm reading but can't seem to be postive since the vacation is over. I guess I'm just being for now. Know that I love each of you and think of you and your children each day.

Claudia - My thought an prayers are with you today. May thoughts of Joey and his life surround you today.

Sonya (Danielle's Mom)

• Members

Sonya, this is what happens sometimes when we go away and come home. The act of going somewhere you used to go with Danielle could be it, that it was different, that you miss her so very much...all of these things. IT's okay to 'just be' for a while Sonya, we all know what that feels like and we have all been there for one reason or another. Here for you whenever.

'

Has anyone besides me found that you write with the colors and suddenly when you post them, they are not in the colors you chose? I wrote my hopes to Joey in bright turquoise and it is dull gray now. Hmmm.

Carol, how was the game?

• Members

TRUDI, cool beans for your Girl. What ever moves our children to do new things, good for them.

dee

• Members

Hello everyone,  i just wanted to say hi to you, and hope all are doing well.. as for me, i am just here.  Saturday, will be 3 months since Brian passed, and the mightmare feels  to real..  i miss him sooooooooo much.  I try to keep busy, and for a moment it's ok, then all i do is cry.  Brian and I would go to the beach every chance we got, now all i do is wonder why.  i guess i am not making to much sence.  but i hurt so bad and i know you all feel the same way.  i just wish i could be with him.. i'm going crazy.

thanks for listening

mary ann