Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members

By heart indeed Mamabets, you are in mine for sure. I love the outline of the logo, how very magical that is. You were led to this place and we are all made better by your presence.

Peace,

dee

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

THINGING OF YAL TODAY, TANNERS MOMMY, AND JOEYS MOMMY...I ASKED GOD TO GIVE YOU A BIG SQUEEZE TODAY...

HERE I AM GOING ON A CRUISE IN LIKE 15 DAYS AND I JEALOUS OF YAL, GETTING TO MEET EACH OTHER...AND HUG..AND CRY...AND LAUGH.....I WANT YAL ALL TO HAVE A GREAT TIME AND LET WHAT EVER HAPPENS EMOTIONALLY JUST LET IT HANG OUT...

I ALSO HAVE ALLERTED TO LOCAL POLICE ON YAL AND DISCRIBED THE BEAST OF THE SUBURBAN....I DO NOT WANT TO SEE YAL ON UTUBE...

• Members

Lorri:  You are too funny!  Being on Utube would be a kick, wouldn't it...

love and peace, carol  mikesmomrs

• Members

[align=center]Happy Birthday, Joey!  [/align]

[align=left]Celebrate with everyone, sing songs, dance, be joyful, and remember to surroundy your mom with your sweet spirit and fill her heart with sweet memories....[/align]

[align=left] [/align]

[align=left]Love and peace, Carol  mikesmomrs[/align]

• Members

Cindy:  Holding you close this day, sending prayers for strength and asking Tanner to surround you with love and strength and to fill your heart and mind with so many of the wonderful memories that this precious life has given to you...

love and peace,  carol  mikesmomrs

• Members

Joey!  !

• Members
daniellemom

Happy Birthday Joey!! Claudia, May your memories of Joey be with you today in a very special way.

Cindy, My thoughts and prayers are with you today and I hope Tanner's memories are not of his last day but of all the wonderful days before.

Sonya

• Members

SOMETHING ABOUT DANIELLES LIL FACE JUST WARMS ME UP...SHE IS SO SWEET LOOKING AND BEAUTIFUL

• Members

Happy Birthday Joey. I hope your dancing with the angels.

• Members

HAPPY HEAVENLY BIRTHDAY,

JOEY !

• Members

Tannersmom, Cindy-----Thinking of you and your family today.......

your wonderful son, Tanner's,  Angel Day. May your memories of

this dear child warm , and console your hearts. Peace & prayers. 

Daveysmom,  Sherry

• Members
heartbeataway

[align=center]Tanner !

[/align]I'm saying his name .............

[align=center][align=right]Tanner !

[/align]

[/align][align=center]I'm sending your love ones strength .........

[/align]

Tanner !

[align=right]I'm celebrating your  precious life .........

[align=center]Tanner !

[align=left]

[/align][/align][/align]

• Members

Love that video/music Greg. Your serenades are most special.

Dawn, how are you these days? I have not seen you in so long.

Prayers,

dee

PS Lorri hit that right Sonya, Danielle shines.

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy, LOOK at Tanner's and Joey's names all over the place!

Isn't our BI family just the best?!!!

I'm overwhelmed with gratitude for how we all celebrate our children--not a one of them forgotten...ever! THANK YOU ALL!!!

And Greg, THANKS so much for the beautiful video. I am dancing in my heart with the Angels. :)

~4EverJoeysMom

• Members

JUST GOT THE 2 LARGE BACKPACKS FULL OF GREAT SCHOOL SUPPLIES...THANK YOU SO MUCH BONNIE..ITS AMZING WHAT PPL CAN DO..

YOUR TAX REC WILL BE FOLLOWING AS SOON AS JENNIFER GETS IT...

THANK YOU AGAIN...LUCKY KIDS..THEY HAVE SOME NICE THINGS FOR SCHOOL

• Members

Happy Birthday Joey! Thinking of you in heaven celebrating with all our Angels. Hoping your family feels your love and know you are with them today and always.

Lynn

• Members

Cindy, such big hugs are sent to you on this 1 year angelversay. Its a difficult day but know that you and your family are not alone. All of us here including Tanner is there with you. May you find all the memories of your precious son warm your heart. Bless you.

Lynn

• Members

Hello everyone, i hope all are well.  haven't writen in a while, really down in the dumps.  but i guess you all know how that is.  i hope everyone has a good weekend.

take care

mary ann

• Members
4everjoeysmom

{{{{MARY ANN}}}}

That's me sending you HUGE VIRTUAL HUGS, Mary Ann. I'm so sorry that there isn't anything we can do to take the sadness and pain away. BUT we can sure let you know how much we care...and WE DO!!

Praying for you!! Joey's Mom, Claudia

• Members

Mary Ann----I'm sorry your are 'down in the dumps' now. As Claudia said---

we here at BI care about you, and I'm sending a little prayer that Brian's

dear smile shines down on you & soothes your sad heart. Peace to you, friend.

Daveysmom, Sherry

• Members

I come to the BI site and read the posts often. I miss all of you and I hope you are doing okay. I just read this post by "mysonRich" and I couldn't help but comment:

These summer nights get to me. I just went out for a short ride to feed my addiction, Iced Coffee. Dunkin Donuts, Micky D's, it doesn't matter. I need it daily now. And I see the young men out with their friends, in their cars,just hanging around like young men do sometimes. And I miss my son who just a year earlier was doing the same thing. And I round the top of a hill and see the most beautiful moon and it soothes but aches my heart just the same. I wonder about Rich's friends and what they may be doing tonight. Rich was one of the first of a group of friends to head out on his own. I know his friends miss him and also think, when they are in their 40's 50's, if one summer night they will look up in the sky on a warm summer night and think of Rich. I don;t know, sometimes I just don;t know.

I really thought that I was the only mother that thought and felt like this! I am glad to know that I am "normal"! I have missed all of you and wish I could be in MN to join those of you that are attending the reunion. I will be thinking of each and every one of you! I hope you think of us, too! I see we have added a few new people to the board. My heart sinks every time I see this! Anyway...I think of each and every one of you, everyday: Sonya, Trudi, Greg, Dee, Kathy, Rohansmom, Nicksdad, Claudia, Lynn, Mary Ann, Carol, Momabets, Marcia, Colleen, Sherry, Bonnie, Lolynbo, Terrie, Cindy, Pam & Val (I know you are reading these posts, too!)... I hope I didn't leave out anyone! I am so sorry that I haven't been here to write birthday wishes, angel dates, etc. It is just so hard and takes too much eneregy to post, sometimes. I know you understand. Until next time...please be strong! (Drewsmom) Mary

• Members

Not quite sure if I believe these pictures or not but its something to ponder and a beautiful song to go along with them:

Lynn

• Members

hello Dee i am still here i havent posted but i have been reading just having a little bit of a tuff time just found out some things about my sons death that is a little disturbing i can not really talk about it but it just is really upsetting. but i am here i read everyday which helps alot thank you for thinking about me. I think about everyone here everyday.

Dawn (E.J.`s Mom)

• Members

I heard this song by George Strait 4 years ago. While riding down a highway 4 years ago I was trying to come to terms with a friends suicide. 3 years later I made peace with that .

When Rich died this song came to me again. I had a verse written on the cake at his Party ( reception)  I wish I could find a link so you could hear George sing .

To all the parents here at BI;

Hope is an anchor and love is a ship, time is the ocean and life is a trip

You don't know where you're going, ‘till you know where you're at

And if you can't read the stars, well you better have a map

A compass and a conscience, so you don’t get lost at sea

Or on some lonely island, where no one wants to be

From the beginning of creation, I think our maker had a plan

For us to leave these shores and sail beyond the sand

And let the good light guide us through the waves and the wind

To the beaches in a world where we have never been

And we'll climb up on a mountain, y'all we'll let our voices ring

Those who've never tried it, they'll be the first to sing

Whoa, my, my

I'll see you on the other side

If I make it

And it might be a long hard ride

But I’m gonna take it

Sometimes it seems that I don’t have a prayer

Let the weather take me anywhere

But I know that I wanna go

Where the streets are gold

‘Cause you'll be there

Oh, my , my

You don’t bring nothing with you here

And you can’t take nothing back

I ain’t never seen a hearse, with a luggage rack

So I've torn my knees up prayin’

Scarred my back from fallin’ down

Spent so much time flying high, till I’m face first in the ground

So if you're up there watchin’ me, would you talk to God and say,

Tell Him I might need a hand to see you both someday

Whoa, my, my

So I'll see you on the other side

If I make it

And it might be a long hard ride

But I wanna take it

Sometimes it seems that I don’t have a prayer

Let the weather take me anywhere

But I know that I wanna go

Where the streets are gold

‘Cause you'll be there

Oh, my , my

Cause you'll be there

Oh, my ,my

• Members

Just got home from a 300 mile motorcycle - yeah, my butt hurts.   But on to more important things:

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOEY!!!

• Members
daniellemom

Lorri - Thanks you so much for saying that it means more than you will ever know!  I'm sure Kourney and Danielle are together and good friends!

Dan - The stone looks great for Aaron you are such a wonderful person.

While you are in MN I will be moving James back to college, it has me a little down, but that's life it keeps coming at you no matter what.  My new job is also kicking my a**, I moved today to my new office and I moved myself.  I almost cried didn't know why for a minute but it's something new something different without Danielle.  For the people ahead of me am I going crazy now?

Mary = We love Drew glad to see your post.

Sonya (Danielle's Mom)

• Members

Dan the stone for your sister's Son's site is beautiful. I am so glad for her to have you, and you, she,  a brother that 'gets' it, I only wish that neither of you ever had to 'get' it.

And there you are again Dan, posting beautiful photos with graphics around them...you could teach a class you know, on the finer points of technology. You and Greg really should think about that for next spring's possible reunion.

Since you posted the butterfly launch, I keep seeing monarchs, of course here in Illinois, this is monarch time. I may look into the possibility of butterflies at the next ERI-FEST.

Mary, so good to know that you are out there, but I am sorry that you are struggling. I am terrible about timelines for everyone, how long now have you been dealing with the loss of Drew? Are there any big moves happening? Weren't you trying to figure out if you would stay in the area or move as husband wanted to move?

Same to you Mary Ann and Dawn. While we have no magic to make the  ache and tragedy lessen, we do have hearts that hold you, rock you in the darkest times. I know that when I was early on in my grief, I started talking aloud to Erica, and while I may have looked crazy, I really did not care. I found it to help me immensely, to give voice to all that was inside me. Some of it surprised me, didn't even always know of some of the words were in there. I  suggest therapy/social work as well for those of you that feel you would benefit from a weekly place in which to release your anxiety adn fears to a great listener who can actively ask the questions that are useful to one's recovery. Just a thought.

Lynn, the angels were very interesting indeed. I will need to look at it again to really focus on them. They seem the size that I always feel my little "Tink" is when I sense her on my shoulder.

Betsy, that song is gorgeous, the words are very powerful.

• Members

Hey sore-butt Terrie, wow, where did you go? Was it great? How is husband? Answers please?

dee

• Members
"]Written by a wonder-man, George Harrison.

Sunrise doesn't last all morning
A cloudburst doesn't last all day
Seems my love is up and has left you with no warning
It's not always going to be this grey

All things must pass
All things must pass away

Sunset doesn't last all evening
A mind can blow those clouds away
After all this, my love is up and must be leaving

All things must pass
All things must pass
None of life's strings can last
So, I must be on my way
And face another day

Now the darkness only stays the night-time
In the morning it will fade away
Daylight is good at arriving at the right time

All things must pass
All things must pass

[/color][/size]

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Nick's Dad (Dan), Awesome seeing Joey's face among the balloons. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Rich's Mom, Love those lyrics!! I'm a George Strait fan. Another song of his that touches me deeply is called Carrying Your Love With Me.

Drew's Mom, Bless you!! I loved seeing your post and the sentiments to Rich's mom. It always gives us a boost when we learn that we actually are "going to make it" and we aren't as crazy as we feel. :)

Sonya, I'll be missing MN too. How adventurous are you? I am looking for transportation from your neck of the woods, NC up to Bonnie's neck of the woods, Virginia OCT 24th weekend for Pinnacle days--camping and celebrating Jason's birthday (the 27th) and life. Is that anything you might even be remotely interested in doing?? :)

• Members
tanmanmymagicman

Nicks dad; its late at night right now.....i worked really hard to be busy today.....but I wanted to check our site tonight;  Can I just tell you HOW MUCH your posting with Tanner;s picture and the angel meant to me....I got goosebumps and tears sprang to my eyes upon sight..........Tough day; tough life; tough world; but we will all make it; why because we have no choice in the matter at this point.....So I chose to deal with the life I am now been given and make no execuses for things that don;t make sense to other people.......we are in a life of our own...all of us here...............

EVERYONE here thank you so VERY MUCH for all the help these last 2 years ; honestly could not of made it or made sense of it all without this site..... 

Thank you again; Nicks dad......................................................................... OH and

Tanner also says thank you for doing that for his mom......it warmed her heart when she most needed it.

• Members
tanmanmymagicman

Wow I continue reading; How great thou all are; yes Tanner and Joey; We are so blessed; I am guility of not posting much so I am very thankful that so many of MY friends took the time to think and care and post for me, and my family..........

My heart is full of love for you all ..............Blessings; Cindy ; Tanner's Mom

• Members

Carol - Soooooo envious......the energy from the you tube clip is amazing....oh to be sitting at  Fenway, and yes I believe he still has it.

Love the video's - music underscores our journey always.

Dan - Love your nephews site.  The work on the stones excellent.

Love the description of the "ride".  Can't wait to go 'cruising around MN.

Cindy - My heart to you as you find your way on this day.  Never going to be easy, but know Tanner wouldn't let you down, he is around you each and everyday.

Claudia - Forever young - Joey.  That smile is imprinted in my memory as one that greeted me in my early days....HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOEY!

Betsey - Do you find these signs or do they find you?  Another amazing indicator that there is more to this journey than us.

Lorri - Hope the cruise allows you to rest and recoup.  As for the You Tube video...well can't promise much, but hopefully it will be a tasteful view of the 'Travelling Wilberries'......

It is 2 days, 6 hours, 16  minutes and 6  seconds until Tuesday, 11 August 2009 (Melbourne time)  OOOOOHHHHHHH AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

• Members

Trudi, they find me. :D

Dee, I have your bug, achy, headache.....blah.

Mary, nice to see.

pillow time.zzzzzzzzzzz

• Members

For mikesmum~ They find me, Trudi!! 

The attatched is a photo taken of Danny holding Jackie's little Julia.. His niece, my first grand baby in June of 1999...

He worshipped her, and still does...

Then his magic appeared in my driveway, June of 2006- 2 years after he passed... (The cord on my camera is in it too!!)

This spot in the driveway has brought many miracle signs from Danny!!!

Look at the identical, except "reversed" magic, that these 2 amazing pictures hold...xxoxo

Much Love,

mamabets and Danny, her little wink from here, there and everywhere 

post-12239-128153894155_thumb.jpg

• Members

Hi all:  Just a quick reminder to those who wanted to but haven't sent their pics to me (for the thing I am doing for the meeting in MN)...I am going to put them all together this weekend, so if you could send them today or early tomorrow, that would be good. 

I wish so much that we all could be there...wouldn't that be something, eh?

those who have sent pics (in case you forget) are:

bonnie lorri trudi dee marcia amanda pat(Adam's mom)  betty (stephen's mom) sherry bets betsy (mysonrich) terrie patty (Lorismom) and Dawn (EJ's mom)

• Members

wow, Bets, those pics are just awesome...and the BI one, also!  beautiful signs from our beautiful children...never would doubt it! 

• Members

My BI friends

We just picked Aaron up from his week-long YMCA camp that he did not want to go to and he had a blast.

Since East Troy is so close to Illinois, 90% of the kids were from accross the border and only a few from WI itself - funny hey!

AJ had a great time.  He made friends, did not get into trouble and said he would go back. 

I am very excited about Next week - seems like along-time coming.

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

• Members

I am sorry I missed a few dates and I want to make it up here.

Aug 7-    Tanner's 2 year angel anniversary.  May the memories of Tanners smile give you warmth and love all year round.

Aug 3 - Nick's 1 year angel anniversay.  We just remembered the one year and was a bitter-sweet day.  So much fun and love in your son;s memories and also the tough times (we have talked).

Dan - can't tell you how nice it is to have a man's perspective on things.  Women tend to be a bit emotional (ya think??).  Thanks for being you.

I promise to do better.

Colleen

• Members

I apologize too, for any and all missed dates, while I have the list SOMEWHERE, I do not know where I put it. What I should do, is make a file on the computer to hold the list.

Dan, that site is lovely, and seeing your family was a special feeling for me as you gathered under the love and loss of Nick. A beautiful tribute.

Love to alll,

dee

Betsy, just sleep and sip tea with some honey, eat some saltines, sleep some more. my Son's girlfriend has it too. Feel better Kiddo.

• Members

HAHHAAHAH..BRENT DUMPED EVIL COURTNEY