Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Realization

John9

• Members
4 hours ago, KayC said:

Well, Peggy's house is listed, 1/2 what it would have gone for when she died, but everything takes time, banks, courts, etc., meanwhile inflation did it's number, but at least it's done now.  Not even at where you are with closing the estate, all to come, who knows what year!

KayC,

Glad that the Peggy's estate is at least moving forward. I know that everything is now "market" dependent, and also condition makes a big difference also. Both of my friends houses and MIL's house also were in need of repairs and that made a big difference in what I/we could get. But also each was a financial drain sitting empty. And yes the prices of everything has gone through the roof, except when you need to sell a house quickly. I am glad that Panther seems to be doing okay. How is your Sister doing, did the medication help her. It has been very emotional lately, for no specific reason other than "grief" Take care, John

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John9

• KayC

• tnd

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@KayC Panther kitty looks a lot like my cat Heatcliff.  The thing about wild cats is just as long as they are healthy that all.  I'm glad that you were able to get Peggy's house listed.  I will pray that it goes at a good price and hopefully quickly.  I'm glad that the fire situation is over.  God is definitely watching over you. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
14 hours ago, John9 said:

How is your Sister doing, did the medication help her

All she can take is Tylenol and it does nothing to touch the pain, she's in bed 22 hours/day and bored, can't read or watch tv because of the pain she's in.  She never was one to sit, always going, planning her social life, now nothing.  :(

No communication with my brother, apparently Julie has seen the house (must have been pictures as she hasn't been here) after they cleaned it out, she said it looked really nice.  I don't want to see it without Peggy there, it is hard hitting to think of.

15 hours ago, Gail 8588 said:

Panther will probably benefit from a few extra pounds during the upcoming winter.   :)

That's what I'm thinking!

14 hours ago, April Ballou said:

I will pray that it goes at a good price and hopefully quickly.

It's going to nine nieces and nephews so it won't be much divided.  

Is Heathcliff a feral cat too?  A guy down the street thinks he's his but the 29 year old boy that he takes care of (Autistic/Aspergers) says he's not, he came and looked at him.  Anyway, cats pick their owners and it's been seven months...he pointed out a sibling of their missing cat, much smaller.  And Panther doesn't meow, he squeaks, and drools, older, so not the same cat or he would have mentioned that.  

• Hugs 2

• Members
3 hours ago, KayC said:

All she can take is Tylenol and it does nothing to touch the pain, she's in bed 22 hours/day and bored, can't read or watch tv because of the pain she's in.  She never was one to sit, always going, planning her social life, now nothing.  :(

KayC,

That is terrible, that she can't have anything that helps the pain. I am guessing that she can only take Tylenol because of other medical issues. I understand what you say about your Sister, my loving wife and I hated forced change. And what your Sister is going through is one of the worst forced changes that there is. Any sort of medical issue that causes that sort of disruption of your life, messes with you in every way. I can only hope that she recovers soon, but I know there is no way to know that. And yes looking at Peggy's house and her not there, wouldn't be the same and would just add to your sadness/grief.

It's funny what you say about cats picking there owner. My loving wife would always get "mad" at me because all of our animals seemed to sit with me more. I think it was because I was always warmer than she was as far as body temperature. One thing that my loving wife had said she was going to do was make sure that "her" kittens loved her more. She was trying to train them and give them treats and show them extra attention. Sadly that didn't last very long as she only had about 6 months to be with them. But I do have pictures of them climbing all over her. And these 2 cats are not like any other ones we ever had, very independent, and very troublesome as far as being inquisitive. They want to open cupboards and drawers and 1 of them is always trying to get behind the pictures on the walls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

So she left you with mischievous cats! :D  I love it, that's funny.  I imagine that's how Panther would be if I let him in, he can sure wreak havoc out on the patio, scratching my ramp and patio posts, ignoring the cat scratchers, picked his own sleeping time (daytime)  but he's a great patio cat otherwise, and we have a routine with him, I go out and spend time with him out there.  

I have no idea how Julie is getting through this, one of the hardest times of her life!  That and having a baby born without a brain, only to lose her nearly two years later.  She's had her share of positive times and her share of really hard times, she's lived life to the fullest, and I pray she comes out on the other side of this....soon.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

KayC,

Yes, my loving wife left her cats to torture me until who knows how long. 🤔 I am glad you are able to spend time with Panther, my loving wife's cats sleep almost all day and are active when I want or need quiet time. They always wake up and "talk" whenever I get up to go to the bathroom at night and then run around for awhile too. I do hope Julie can get some sort of relief for her pain, or hopefully it will lessen quickly. I don't really know anything about the condition, just that it another of the medical issues nobody wants to have to deal with. Take care, John

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
On 11/2/2022 at 6:47 AM, KayC said:

No communication with my brother, apparently Julie has seen the house (must have been pictures as she hasn't been here) after they cleaned it out, she said it looked really nice.  I don't want to see it without Peggy there, it is hard hitting to think of.

That's what I'm thinking!

It's going to nine nieces and nephews so it won't be much divided.  

Is Heathcliff a feral cat too?  A guy down the street thinks he's his but the 29 year old boy that he takes care of (Autistic/Aspergers) says he's not, he came and looked at him.  Anyway, cats pick their owners and it's been seven months...he pointed out a sibling of their missing cat, much smaller.  And Panther doesn't meow, he squeaks, and drools, older, so not the same cat or he would have mentioned that.  

Heathcliff isn't a feral cat.  But he is picky about who pets and holds him.  I guess because he's 10 years old.  I praying for your sister.  I hope all is well.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

KayC,

Thank you. I had a terrible night last night. I think I have food poisoning, woke up to terrible cramping and spent all night off and on in the bathroom. Sitting or hugging the toilet. I am still off today, I think I pulled a stomach muscle while hugging the toilet. I have spent all day either in bed or on the couch, fearful of not making it to the bathroom. Definitely feeling off. It has been snowing all afternoon, it was in the 60's yesterday. Take care, John

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Oh John, I am so sorry!  My friend went through that a while back, he got it bad, lasted about two days, won't eat at that restaurant again!  Saying a prayer for you, my friend!  I hope it's not piling up (snow) too much.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

John, 

So sorry you are so sick. It is a terrible feeling to have food poisoning.  And when you are alone and in grief it is especially hard.

In the years since my husband died, I have been most depressed when I have been sick. Self care is a poor substitute for having your soulmate by your side.  Sadly, it's all we have.

Get well soon.

Gail

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

I want to start celebrating Christmas Dec. 21, not before.  Yes, Bah humbug to any Christmas things before Thanksgiving!  

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

KayC,

Thank you, I feel a little better BUT it feels like I was run over by a truck or a train. That is how my loving wife used to describe working all day Mondays after having the weekend off. We got around 2 inches here, but it is mostly gone because the ground was so warm. I guess I will avoid eating at any places for awhile and cook whatever I eat, not that I eat out much. Take care, John

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
4 hours ago, KayC said:

Is it just me or does anyone else want to put up a sign in their yard that says Bah Humbug!

KayC,

I don't like the early starting of the Holidays because it make my grief so much worse(if possible). But I do hope anyone who can celebrate and enjoys celebrating does so. Sadly the Holidays used to be one of my favorite times of the year, even before my loving wife and I met. But after being together for 35 years and being so connected, I really hate all of it now. I don't want to be a Scrooge or a Grinch, but this existence just hurts so much now, the overwhelming loneliness and seeing all of the happy couples hurts too. John

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
4 hours ago, Sim7079 said:

The holiday season is also making me emotional too. It was such a special and nice  time before, just not the same.

Sim7079,

Sadly it isn't just the Holidays that aren't the same, they just seem worse than all of the other miserable days. I have days that it seems all I do is cry, for no reason except for the obvious one, that I miss my loving wife so much. But I feel I am barely functional even on my best days. Take care, John

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
17 hours ago, Gail 8588 said:

In the years since my husband died, I have been most depressed when I have been sick. Self care is a poor substitute for having your soulmate by your side.  Sadly, it's all we have.

Gail 8588,

I know that as I was unable to sleep, my broken brain was not helping me at all. I miss my loving wife more and more each day and night, but it was really bad the other night. Not that I would have wanted her to be worried about me or missing any sleep but there would have been no way she wouldn't have been there for me. It just hurts so much in every way all of the time. Take care, John

• Hugs 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, John9 said:

Sadly the Holidays used to be one of my favorite times of the year,

It was George's.  I've decorated every year for him.  Not like anyone ever comes here and sees it but I do it to honor him.  I suppose that means I'll have to again this year.  But I sure hate people rushing it.  How happy can it be?  It feels like my life is a ghost life, memories of the past, long gone, no one ever comes over...I miss my kids being here but too far and too busy.

I'm sorry you feel like you got hit by a truck.  Hopefully tomorrow you'll be on the mend.

• Hugs 2

• Moderators

Last year all but TG I was snowed in, literally...every single holiday.  Hoping I can make TG to my son's, it's three hours, a very remote area, hard to find.  Christmas is always wait and see, as is Easter.  Even Mother's Day I was shoveling snow although in past years we never had snow that late.  They're saying this year will be like last, God help us.  

Jesus Reason For The Season Christmas PowerPoint ...

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
4 hours ago, KayC said:

Woke up thinking about @tnd this morning.  Wishing I could find out something about what happened to her but without her actual name, I'm afraid we're out of luck.  Only ones who'd have that are the administrators from when she signed in and I doubt they're going to help us.  I just wish I knew, is there an obituary?  As they require payment, I doubt it.  But a death notice maybe.  I wonder what happened to her cats.  I wish I could have gotten her out here, we (my church) would have looked after her and taken care of her needs.  But she couldn't travel she said.  I just feel so bad.

So important to let SOMEONE in the group know your actual name, email, phone, something!

The last time she visited here was June 11.  That was the last time we heard from her.  What did those people do to her?  Was there a blow up?  No indication, nothing, it just sounded a dangerous place to be in.

KayC,

I also was thinking about tnd AND OldTrojan as well, thinking that as much as it is painful to lose anyone, the not knowing weighs on our minds and already broken hearts. We do come to care for each other and even if we all may want to be with our loved ones again, those left behind may always wonder what happened. You do have my email address from a previous communication, IF you still have access to it. I was on another forum where someone had died and the Grandson had notified the people on the forum. I would hop Our Son would do that but I really doubt he will. All I can say is that I will probably be here as long as I can, because I feel I will always need the support I have received. So if I disappear, it will be because I am unable to post for whatever reason. Hopefully this doesn't sound too morbid, but I don't know how else to state my feelings about the topic.

I still don't feel 100% after my "food poisoning", still off but still existing. Take care, John

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Moderators
20 hours ago, John9 said:

AND OldTrojan as well

Me too.  Didn't say anything here because he wasn't know here but by you and I and maybe Annie.  But I'm surprised we never heard from him, perhaps he isn't getting notices through email.  But I often wonder how he's doing.

11 hours ago, Gail 8588 said:

such as the young man who lost his wife in child birth. His Canadian MIL wanted to raise the baby. He was struggling with whether to move back to the US

Yes!  I thought of him also the other day and couldn't remember his username or exactly when he was on, but perhaps someday he will check in with us.  And there's another guy named Darrell I've wondered about over the years, he was at both my sites, his wife died years ago, he was homeless for a while, but moved around a bit, I remember he had her monkey (service animal).

So hard to get close to and then lose these people but I guess it's part of it.  I think the people tnd were living with had something to do with her disappearance, I think something abruptly happened to her.  I don't think it was of her own volition.  She was such a positive determined person but the cards were stacked against her, it kills me to think of it.  But it was choices she made, I think she trusted these people too much and got herself painted into a corner, I don't trust them as far as I can spit.

11 hours ago, Gail 8588 said:

I hope she is resting in peace having reunited with her beloved husband.

Me too, and I know she is, if that is what happened...and I'm afraid it is.  I love/d her.  

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

So sad anyway...she was so alone! Not even her brother helped her...i understand if at certain moment she decided she had enough...hope you are happy now Tnd:wub2:

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members

I have read other posts on other forums, where some people are at the "stage" where they only read and no longer post or comment because they say they have nothing positive to post. That is of course their right, but I think that I need to express any feelings that I have, even the bad ones. I know that without these forums I would maybe not be here, and even though that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, I am here until whomever decides I have suffered enough. I do agree that I think tnd, would have found some way to be in touch IF she could, and she seemed to have a determination to survive even though she was having a hard time. I know I miss her positive comments to me and also to others here. Take care, John

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Roxeanne said:

So sad anyway...she was so alone! Not even her brother helped her...i understand if at certain moment she decided she had enough...hope you are happy now Tnd:wub2:

I doubt she took her own life, she had an inner strength and nothing indicated that.  But it was a volatile family with a husband & son that were eruptive, even the lady, and that speaks higher to me than her taking her own life.  Besides, she would never desert her cats.

20 hours ago, John9 said:

I know I miss her positive comments to me and also to others here.

Me too, John.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
4 hours ago, KayC said:

I doubt she took her own life, she had an inner strength and nothing indicated that. 

Yes Kay i don't know what to think...

In her late posts there was something very worrying

I am sure only of one thing...she would have written here if only she could...

Her long silence is frightening

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

I would like to extend a Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate. Take care, John

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.  I hope that everyone can be with family.   I will be alone.   

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.  I hope that everyone can be with family.   I will be alone.   

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Thank you, John.  I'm  thankful no accidents on the Hwy & Fwy, it was very icy on the way over, long trip..  It was good to see my daughter & her BF, as well as my son and grandkids.  Long day.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

KayC, you just reminded me of my mom. (She passed in June of 2021.) No matter what good or bad had happened during her outing, she always ended up her day saying to me, "Boy, that was a long day!" I never knew if she meant "good long" or "bad long", but that's what she always said, and I got reminded of it.   Ronni

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Ronni_W said:

KayC, you just reminded me of my mom.

A long day to me can mean in a bad way but can also mean in a good way and this one went well, but it was taxing also, esp. to this 70 year old body! :D

21 minutes ago, Gail 8588 said:

The hard part was that my husband's brother is seriously ill and that it is likely this is his last Thanksgiving.

Oh Gail, I am so sorry for what you and they are going through with anticipatory grief!  I know it to be a special but also very hard time to go through as I went through Arlie's journey, it was the hardest thing in the world...not comparing a dog, just saying he was my soulmate/companion and losing him was awful.  My heart goes out to your family, will keep them in my prayers.:wub:

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

April.  I too have come to the realization that I am alone.  And like you I too have a Christmas option.  I can go to my niece's home and be with family.  But someone will be missing this year.  And while I've never been a big holiday fan, Bob loved Christmas eve and Christmas day.  So I will miss the fact that he is missing those days for the first time.  And what makes it worse is that Christmas falls on a Sunday so I am 'forced' to have a 3 day weekend.  Two days are too long.  

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members

John9 I know how you feel. I spend my days like you. My husband and I had so many plans with growing old together and now that's not going to happen. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members

@Kevin O yeah I have gone 2 weeks without seeing anyone except my church friends.   But I know they all have lives.  When alone it doesn't seem like a life.  I'm just going through the motions most of the time.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2