Top Posters In This Topic

• John9

• KayC

• tnd

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
16 hours ago, Gail 8588 said:

It's exhausting, even in my very downsized home. 

Gail 8588,

I think that so many people have just figured out that if they are in a position where they are needed they can charge what they want and work when they want. So many things have changed in the last few years in that regard. It seems I am always waiting for someone to do their job, because I am unable to do things myself. Paperwork is the worst thing to wait for to be completed, as I am sure many now have experienced.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
15 hours ago, Sparky1 said:

My love is not here to support me and this is just tearing away at my being. Sometimes it's so overwhelming.

Sparky1,

I understand what you are saying in my own way. My broken heart misses my loving wife every day and every night, more than the one before. My broken brain will not let any moment pass without the thoughts being about my loving wife. And my broken body just aches all of the time. I have no motivation to do anything except what I absolutely have to do and even that is becoming harder to do. Nothing has gotten any easier as the time slowly passes since my loving wife died. I hate this existence so much all alone and so lonely.This was not what was supposed to be.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members

KayC,

I really don't know how I am still here and I don't know why I am still here. I understand that it isn't up to us, and I am here until it is over for me, but it is so hard. You mentioned Kodie, how is he doing and is Panther still around. I had a similar issue with a computer one time and in my case one of the cats had hit a series of keys by walking across the keyboard and it took me awhile to figure it out, hopefully your Son can figure out the issue. It can be difficult when we rely on technology and then aren't able to use it. I had to update my cellphone recently and I hate the new one because it is nothing like I was used to, lost so many features and things I was used to having. It is just another in a long line of things that make no sense to me anymore. Still waiting for the IRS and other people to do their paperwork so I can be done and move on from all of this. MIL received a bill from the ER almost a year after she died, they had originally turned the bill over to collection because they wouldn't listen to me when I called them (many times) and now I guess they are trying again to collect. I have already wasted too much time on the phone with them to bother starting over, but I am only mentioning this because it is just another example of someone not doing their job. It should have already been resolved last year.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators
23 hours ago, DWS said:

Is it possible that one of your laptop keys is stuck? 

No idea, the keyboard doesn't light up when number or scroll is engaged, so the only way to get them to work is to toggle it, but I have no way of knowing if a key is stuck, like shift or control, it didn't look indented.  I thought maybe a driver or something, who knows.  He'll check it out when he has time.  Haha, ask the busiest person around!

20 hours ago, John9 said:

You mentioned Kodie, how is he doing and is Panther still around.

I skipped Bible Study yesterday, opting to take Kodie to see Jazzy as it'd been 5-6 days as they've been gone, OMG did they have fun running and playing!  I relaxed on their deck, which is shaded, so nice!

When I came back from my son's, as I was rounding the corner of the ramp, I heard a little squeak (Panther's voice, he squeaks) and he came towards us, it was music to my ears!  He did fine, and had a bit of food left even!  He had to get a lot of rubs in. ;)

I am so sorry about your MIL's ER bill that they took so long to bill and wouldn't listen to you, very annoying!!  I hope you can get it straightened out.  I'd be tempted to let them go w/o pmt for how they handled everything!

2 hours ago, Roxeanne said:

Now when i went for the same test i am all alone, with heavy heart ' cos i remember him near me...!

:(  These things are so hard to go through w/o them.  I remember when I had surgery 2 days before Christmas 2014 and my heart stopped on the operating table, I kept stopping breathing in recovery too, for two hours, hovered between life and death, only living because I needed to be home for my dog and cat!  My family didn't check on me to see if I made it through, nothing.  The only one that called was Anne, a lady from my grief group.  I so appreciated her call!  (It happened because they over-anesthetized me)...see why I don't trust medical personnel?!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members
1 hour ago, KayC said:

I am so sorry about your MIL's ER bill that they took so long to bill and wouldn't listen to you, very annoying!!  I hope you can get it straightened out.  I'd be tempted to let them go w/o pmt for how they handled everything!

KayC,

I am leaning this way as well. I discussed it with our Son since technically it is his money I would use to pay the bill. The worst that would be is that I will pay it eventually. They can't do anything to MIL, like the threat to ruin her credit. And if they turn it back over to collection, they will end up with less than the bill. I am just so fed up with it all. I am glad that Panther is doing okay and of course Kodie too. I also am finding it harder to trust the so called medical professionals anymore. It just seems that NOBODY listens anymore.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

John, I think I'd let them turn it over, they will get less, guess they should have listened to you when they had a chance.  And this coming from someone who has never even been late paying a bill!  It angers me they get like this when someone dies instead of being understanding, I saw this with my sister and her deceased husband's medical bills.  So aggravating.

• Hugs 2

• Members
4 hours ago, KayC said:

John, I think I'd let them turn it over, they will get less, guess they should have listened to you when they had a chance.  And this coming from someone who has never even been late paying a bill!  It angers me they get like this when someone dies instead of being understanding, I saw this with my sister and her deceased husband's medical bills.  So aggravating.

KayC,

My loving wife and I always made sure that all of our bills were paid and all of our obligations were taken care of. I have always tried to explain to our Son that if you owe someone any money, then really you don't actually have any money of your own. In the 35 years we were together we had times when we struggled but we were a team and we made it through. But as we all know now, even the tiniest things can seem overwhelming. It is funny that you mention the Hospital ending up with less because that is what I said to our Son, and that is what makes no sense. It isn't even a large sum of money, it is the fact that they refused to listen to me even after multiple phone calls. When I was working it was my job to make sure that the bills were paid as well and it was hard sometimes, but I managed to keep the doors open until the bottom of the industry just fell out from under us. But as we have discussed too many times, nobody seems to want too do their job, or they are now incapable of doing the job they were hired for. I have a feeling that some of these people are compensated if they can collect a debt that may not need to be paid. That is just my opinion but that seems to be why there is a lack of compassion. Or maybe after hearing from people all of the time about someone dying they are hard-hearted now.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

No excuse though, I've been on grief forums for 17 years and am not hard hearted or uncompassionate.  This is their chosen field, they owe it to their employer as well as the public to do their job.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
1 hour ago, KayC said:

No excuse though, I've been on grief forums for 17 years and am not hard hearted or uncompassionate.  This is their chosen field, they owe it to their employer as well as the public to do their job.

KayC,

I agree but as I have said before, I can't tell someone how to do their job. I can only point out what I see as a problem or issue, and all of this is a problem for me and others as well.

Today is 52 weeks since MIL died, tomorrow is 1 year I know that is splitting hairs but since she died on a Sunday and the date will fall on a Monday that is why I say it that way. As of yet I haven't heard from any of my loving wife's family in many many weeks. Even the good Sister seems to have moved on from her grief over my loving wife and even her own Sister (MIL). I don't expect anyone to acknowledge this event and I don't have any ill thoughts toward them, but my loving wife and her Mother are their family and they seem to have forgotten them altogether. Just writing/venting again to get it off my chest. Take care, John

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

John, 

I am very blessed that my husband's two sisters still call to support me, often.  They both called on my wedding anniversary again this year (5 years after his death) just to chat and make sure I was not too down in the dumps.  It was incredibly sweet of them.  My son had me over to his house for dinner.  Not a celebratory dinner. Just join his family for some spaghetti and salad.  Just so I wasn't alone. 

I am very fortunate.

Gail

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
April Ballou

@Gail 8588 I'm glad your husbands family still keep in touch with you.  My husband's family don't  keep in touch with me.   To them I'm not related to them any longer.  

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

I think Gail's experience is more atypical; unfortunately, I think all too many of our families do not remember/acknowledge our grief.  Hence this forum.

• Hugs 1

• Members
April Ballou

@Lost7 I am sorry about your husband.  Itthe hardest part is having to go through this alone.  

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Christopher went in the hospital 8/31/21. He was on breathing treatments and seemed to be getting better slowly. On 9/10/21 he was intubated and i was allowed to see him for a few hours but he was already in the medical coma. On 9/13/21 he coded and I was allowed to see him after they brought him back. Finally on 9/22/21 they changed the rules and I was allowed to visit everyday. I worked it with my job and went almost every single day until his death 6/6/22. It was only a couple hours on weekdays because I was still working and taking care of our son. On weekends I tried to stay 5-6 hours a day but it was hard because our son couldnt visit. Those rules finally changed in april 2022. Kyle had not seen his dad for 6 months. He started going on the weekends with me. I told him when u love someone u show up for them, not just when it is easy.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators
10 hours ago, NiquesMom said:

i know my husband wouldnt have had the quality of life he wanted, but what I wouldn't do for one more hug!

This is what I so relate to.  And I'm glad you have your son to live for, great incentive for what could be so empty without it.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
April Ballou

Well I'm not sure why I'm here.  I believe that God has a plan. But I just wished that I knew what it is.  I miss my husband so much. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members

Yes I agree I'm not sure why God has left me here without my sweet loving husband but I'm sure he has a plan and I'm waiting for him to reveal it to me. I don't know that I'm any used to anyone in a condition that I am in. As I mentioned before our first grandchild was born 5 days before he passed he knew all about her and was anxiously waiting to meet her. So I do go and babysit her and see her everyday and tell her how much we both love her. What a joy it would have been for our family to me whole!

Lost7 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members
April Ballou

@Lost7 yes everyone had a good time.  It was nice seeing my son and his family.   I'm the same way.  Im in a 3 bedroom and 2 bath trailer house all by myself.   So very lonely,, especially at night.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
1 hour ago, Robert D. said:

I am very quickly learning that my whole life has been catastrophically changed......I'm under a month into this nightmare and ready for the Lord to come get me.....God bless! Robert

Robert D,

I am sorry for your loss. I am at 535 days and I am so past the point at which I want GOD to let this end. My loving wife and I always wanted to be like her Grandparents who died after 50+ years of marriage within 2 weeks of each other. My life ended when my loving wife died and this is barely any sort of existence now, but sadly yes my whole world changed in a matter of hours, days and months. My whole reason for existing was my loving wife and caring for my friend and her Mother, who died before and after her. So everything changed too much and too quickly. Take care, John

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members

I'm sorry for your loss too! My life has also effectively ended....I wanted the Lord to wait till the rapture of the church to take JoAnn and i.......I know God has His reasons...I really do.....and I do trust Him....but I do know, already, the consequences of my wife dying has effectively taken out...is taking out... my life too....not being able to be loved by her...me not being able to in return.........Thanks John.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
April Ballou

@Robert D. I am so sorry about your wife.  I know that God has a plan and I'll be glad when God reveals His plan for me and for all of us.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

@John9 Your last time with your wife/hospital sounds so much like mine with George, so very much, it's uncanny.  I, too, feel the same, if only...

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
3 hours ago, KayC said:

@John9 Your last time with your wife/hospital sounds so much like mine with George, so very much, it's uncanny.  I, too, feel the same, if only...

Kay C,

I know that you have been on this journey a lot longer than I have, but I really don't know how much more of this I can handle. I really need and want this to end, so much pain and suffering and so much loneliness. And the legal issues that just drag on do me no good either, always just hanging over me. I would like the peace I hope my loving wife has found. Take care, john

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
April Ballou

@John9 yes this journey is the hardest journey that I have ever gone through.   I'm like you John, it's the loneliness that's the hardest part.  I don't like being alone.  But I guess that's my life now.  We can make it.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

When it looms before me, the "rest of my life," no, I can't take it either, but I find I can do today, so I do today.  Maybe that's living in a fantasy world, IDK, but I only know I take one day at a time.  Looking ahead too much, nope, not so much.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
On 6/5/2022 at 1:33 PM, John9 said:

Mary,

I am sorry for your loss. One thing I can say is that this forum and others have really helped me, I need to vent, cry, write and listen to others who have gone through this terrible thing. I hope that you continue to come here and post and read and I also hope that you have some sort of support from friends or family. It has been 449 days since my loving wife died and I am still struggling, but I don't think I would be here without the support I have received from people here.

I'm sorry it took so long for me to respond. I've been in and out of substance abuse places trying to get my life together. I am very sorry to hear about your wife. I'm beginning to learn that we are definitely going to have grief for a heck of a lot longer than I would like to.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 3

• Moderators

I applaud you for getting help and pray for a life with a future and hope to begin to emerge for you...

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1