Top Posters In This Topic

• John9

• KayC

• tnd

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
1 hour ago, April Ballou said:

Not sure how but Wednesday it will be 2 years since the love of my life died.  Time has flown by.  I'm still making it day by day.

April,

I hope that you know we are here for you if you need to chat on Wednesday. I do know how hard all of these events are, even though we are each on our own path or journey. I am at almost 18 months and I don't find that the time has passed quickly at all. That may be because of everything else that I have gone through and continue to go through. But that is my journey and sadly it has been pure Hell and so much loneliness. Take care, John

22 hours ago, Mandmforlife said:

I'm sorry it took so long for me to respond. I've been in and out of substance abuse places trying to get my life together. I am very sorry to hear about your wife. I'm beginning to learn that we are definitely going to have grief for a heck of a lot longer than I would like to.

Mandmforlife,

Thank you for the comment, I am glad that you are seeking help and I hope that it works for you. But yes this seems to be a very long journey and we each have our own path to take. take care, John

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

@John9 thank you.  Yes the loneliness is the hardest part.   I guess I have to get us to it.  I don't see anyone coming into my life.  

@Sim7079 thank you.  I went through that back in July.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Thank you KayC

Lost7 

Thank you @John9If I haven't said it previously I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful wife. I pray that this weekend won't be too hard on you either. Please accept those virtual hug.

Lost7 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

April

I will be lifting you up Wednesday. Please know that I check the forum almost daily if I can chat with you to get you through it. Virtual hugs to you sweetie.

Lost7 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

@KayC praying for you today.  10 years ago I had a motorcycle wreck.   I broke my left leg, my left pelvis, and my left wrist.  I spent 5 weeks in the hospital,  just to come home in a wheelchair.   2 weeks before Christmas I was able to get out of the wheelchair.   

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
2 hours ago, KayC said:

@John9  Thinking of you...hang in there.:wub:  I know it gets tough, but we're here for you.
Today is my D-day...going to gastroenterologist about tongue/throat issue I've had two years Christmas.  Praying it's not the C-word!  I don't even care if I have to live with this, just want to rule that out...I have no support, no one.  I'm scared.  The hospital is 1 1/2 hours away, leaving here at 8-8:15 am.  Won't be home until mid afternoon as I have to get gas and groceries on the way home so my friend is getting Kodie at noon, after her appt. with her client.  Pray for me.  Didn't sleep well, blood sugar up from stress.

KayC,

I do hope that whatever has been bothering you, can be treated/resolved finally. I understand in my own way how hard things are with no real support. As I have said our Son "lives" with me, but I barely see him and he hardly talks to me unless he wants or needs something. I said to my neighbor the other day that I actually talked to him more when he was living in his Grandmothers house. I am sorry that this stress messed up your sleep and raised your blood sugar. Stress is just not good for our health issues. Please know that as you say for us, we will be here for you as well. Keep us posted, whenever you can. Take care, John

• Like 4

• Members

KayC, hoping you get an answer. I believe knowing is easier than worrying about the "what if?"  I am very good at spiraling down rabbit holes, so I hope you get much needed information.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

@April Ballou  Thinking of you today, dear friend and holding you in my thoughts and prayers!

Prayers for you.jpg

Thank you all for your thoughts and well wishes yesterday...will post more about it in my thread...:wub:

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

April Ballou,

I am thinking of you today and I hope you are okay, as much as any of us are anymore. Take care, John

2 hours ago, KayC said:

Thank you all for your thoughts and well wishes yesterday...will post more about it in my thread...:wub:

I hope you are okay. Not sure where your thread is. Take care, John

• Like 1

• Members

April, please know you and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers.  I have always found it amazing how time can be both fast and slow. Like its amazing that it has been almost 5 years since my daughter died, 23 since my mom died. It doesn't feel like it, some days it feels like it was just yesterday. And yet here we are.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Thank you @John9and @NiquesMom.  I really appreciate the support.   A friend of mine spent part of the day with me and I will go to church to finish my day off.  I feel the love and support from everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members
37 minutes ago, NiquesMom said:

I have always found it amazing how time can be both fast and slow. Like its amazing that it has been almost 5 years since my daughter died, 23 since my mom died. It doesn't feel like it, some days it feels like it was just yesterday. And yet here we are.

NiquesMom,

I agree about the passage of time. My loving wife and I were together for 35 years, married for 34 years. That time seems as if it was so quick, and the time since she died, seems like forever. It will be 18 months on Monday and I just don't know how I am still here. Take care, John

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators
9 hours ago, John9 said:

Not sure where your thread is.

1 hour ago, John9 said:

It will be 18 months on Monday and I just don't know how I am still here.

I felt that way too...here I am 17 years later, no idea how.  It feels like a life sentence at times.

• Hugs 4

• Moderators

@John9  I don't know when I'll be back online as my laptop died and they've started evacuating...

Entire town Oakridge & Westfir under evacuation 1...pack and be ready to go.  I am at the top of the green area, closest to the fire.  I will likely lose the contents of my refrigerator during thiis.  No generator use allowed.

It could be a long while before I'm online as my laptop is dead.

https://www.kezi.com/news/oakridge-and-westfir-ordered-to-be-ready-to-evacuate-ahead-of-cedar-creek-fire/article_6ecab290-2fe2-11ed-a6c1-9f18f673a1c1.html?fbclid=IwAR2e7aAdPtL-yT4GiBLO_BGKP20ksDfRAEeANnMC-2CaJpRvQUb8Acp0FxE

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 4

• Members
On 9/7/2022 at 8:02 PM, KayC said:

I felt that way too...here I am 17 years later, no idea how.  It feels like a life sentence at times.

Kay C,

Yes, a life sentence in solitary confinement with only occasional respites. I hope that all goes well for you and Kodie and that you are back home safe soon. Thinking of you. John

• Like 2

• Moderators

I'm sticking it out until Sunday w/o electricity at 5 pm on...will see what happens.  If it goes to level 2, will likely go...somewhere.  No one has offered as of yet.

• Hugs 4

• Members
1 minute ago, KayC said:

I'm sticking it out until Sunday w/o electricity at 5 pm on...will see what happens.  If it goes to level 2, will likely go...somewhere.  No one has offered as of yet.

Kay C,

As was the issue with tnd, it is sad that the ones who seem to care the most can't help. I would help if I could, but I am too far away to offer any support except for moral support. I feel for you in every way and sorry to say, it sucks to be so alone and to feel so abandoned sometimes. Take care, John

• Like 1

• Members
25 minutes ago, John9 said:

Hello all, It is another lonely weekend but it is made worse (if possible) by the fact that today is my second Birthday since my loving wife died. 

Best wishes to you today, John. Getting through this without our loved one to give us a bit of pampering on our birthdays is just hell. Big hugs. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

John9 

Happy birthday! I know that this is tough. My soulmate passed four days after my birthday. I can empathize with your pain of celebrating a birthday without them. But I will be lifting you up today... know that you are cared for by so many on here.

Virtual hug

Lost7 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Happy birthday john! I believe your wife is right next to you, hugging you thru this tough time and sending you love to get thru each day

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

We need a lot more, none predicted for a few days but it's hopeful.
 It is two miles from my dead end street, only way out.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

It has been a very emotional period of time for me since my Birthday. I can only surmise that it just another combination of "special" events along with all of the coverage of the Queens death which is constantly showing all of the grieving people in the crowds. And I barely watch any news but it is all over the TV. I hope that everyone is doing as well as they can through their own journey. Take care, John

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
56 minutes ago, Sim7079 said:

Thinking of you @John9 & everyone else on this journey we are on.

I’ve also been very emotional today too. Today would have been our wedding anniversary. Our wedding was such a beautiful day, one of the best days of our lives. I’ve been in tears most of the day as so wish I could continue to celebrate and smile on this day with my husband. It’s so hard. I did have a brief smile when I thought about all the good memories of the day.

I agree all the coverage of the Queen’s death also makes me feel sad as understand the feelings all too well.

Sim7079,

I am sorry for your loss and I understand how hard the Anniversaries can be all alone. The memories are a good thing, but sadly they are also a bad thing for me as well. I had a bad dream last night and I don't usually remember any dreams. Last night I think I was with my loving wife and she was talking to someone else and they told her to tell me to leave and she did tell me to leave. It hasn't helped my emotions today, even though I am in no way any expert on dream interpretation. Take care, John

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Sim7079....Very sorry about your immense pain on this very important day for you and your husband.....This is the very first time that I now realize what I will face that next March 11...on mine and JoAnn's anniversary..., which will be my first without her....and I am dreading it....I just prayed to the Lord Jesus for you....for His strength in your emotional pain and suffering.....We are here with you today...going through this with you.....many virtual hugs friend....!!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2