Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Realization

John9

• Members
3 minutes ago, tnd said:

. . .I plan on being as sweet as I can be, even if they waste my time. By doing that I am hoping to gain a new ally but we'll see.  

Tnd, 

I think you are absolutely on the right track. You need to get them to want to help you.  Not an easy task, but you are going about it the right way. 

Good luck. 

Gail

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John9

• KayC

• tnd

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
2 minutes ago, Gail 8588 said:

You need to get them to want to help you.

Gail 8588:  It's basically the only apartment in the area that I can afford right now. There are a couple more but way over on the opposite side of the city in houses (rooms) and in worse neighborhoods. I need to stay close to Fran. In three years I will turn 60 and qualify for Survivor Benefits, which pays a few hundred more. If I have to maybe then I can get into a better place but for now or at least the next 3 years I need, need, need this place. Hopefully I will be able to rent there and if all is fine, I just may stay a good long while, even if I receive a higher amount in benefits later on. I'd like to be able to build a nest egg again, even if it's only a small one but have a cushion for emergencies and such. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
13 hours ago, tnd said:

I plan on being as sweet as I can be, even if they waste my time. By doing that I am hoping to gain a new ally but we'll see.  

tnd,

I know in the "old days" this would work, now I hope it does at least for you. My issue in those regards is I can't get to that person to even explain my problems. Keep us posted and I hope it goes well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Members
1 hour ago, KayC said:

We may have to contact a lawyer we can ill afford.

KayC,

Sadly in my case(s) the Lawyer is part of the problem, they got the money and won't really get anymore. So they are willing to coast through this fiasco of a legal system. I know I am not their only client, but technically I am 2 of them and that should rate a little more effort, at least in my opinion which obviously means nothing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
On 3/18/2022 at 9:51 AM, KayC said:

tnd, your plan is solid and I pray it comes to fruition.

I have a simple plumbing problem, that said, I'm physically and mentally unable to fix it and have to wait 8 days for a plumber and it will cost me possibly hundreds of dollars, that, like everything else, has doubled.

KayC:  Sorry about the plumbing. Even before the cost of everything going up plumbing was expensive. And it's not like it's something we can go without. Oh, there are lots of households without plumbing but it should not be the norm for anyone. There is a part of town here where many people don't have plumbing, water or electricity. Too poor. I couldn't handle that. Hope things improve for you soon. You've been through enough and then some! 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, tnd said:

There is a part of town here where many people don't have plumbing, water or electricity. Too poor.

Wow, so hard to understand in the US.  :(

• Hugs 1

• Members

So, yesterday I received an email in regards to paperwork I had sent in March 2021 about my loving wife's death. I know Covid has created a delay but 1 year seems a bit much. I know there are issues in every aspect of our daily existences now and we all have to figure out how to deal with them. I am trying to process everything but these seemingly extra slow paperwork issues just continue to drag me down into that deep pit of despair. It just makes me wonder if this will be my HELL for as long as I am alive, nothing but endless paperwork issues and delays. KayC I wonder if the issues your Daughter is having is somewhat similar to mine, is it "lost" in the endless system of people who don't understand. As I posted before one of the issues I am having is that the Court says they don't have the paperwork but the website seems to indicate that they must have seen the paperwork because there is a date showing 28 days after the paperwork was submitted. I once again will say that the so called better way of doing things doesn't always seem to be better. I know in the good old days if there was this kind of an issue, you could actually talk to someone who actually understood the issue and could resolve it. Now the answer is just wait, it will eventually work out:angry: As long as it doesn't affect them they don't care. Sorry just venting again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators
On 3/22/2022 at 7:13 AM, John9 said:

KayC I wonder if the issues your Daughter is having is somewhat similar to mine, is it "lost" in the endless system of people who don't understand.

It is a simple agreed to divorce, no property or children, OR is "no fault" so doubtful they couldn't put their stamp of approval on it if they'd bother, it was also looked over by a lawyer and sent to the court with my daughter's payment.  They cashed the payment.  They are prioritizing criminal cases and not doing civil.  Over two years seems a bit much!  Mask mandates are lifted in OR and yet still they use "Covid" as an excuse.  Grocery stores, pharmacies, and gas stations haven't been able to use Covid as an excuse to do their work all this time!  Nope, no excuse. :angry:

On 3/22/2022 at 7:13 AM, John9 said:

the Court says they don't have the paperwork but the website seems to indicate that they must have seen the paperwork because there is a date showing 28 days after the paperwork was submitted

I don't see that much of anything in society has "improved" over the years.  Unbelievable.  I am so sorry for what they are putting you through.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

I attempted to find out if the Attorney's office heard anything, but no response. I think that my suspicion that the paperwork was lost, was confirmed by the fact that papers filed for MIL in March have been posted on the Court website. The paperwork that was filed in February has not been posted but can't speak to them about it and the Attorney is not listening to what I have said. Just venting again about the same issues that are causing me endless stress and making this all so much harder than it already is.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 3

• Moderators

I feel ya, John. :(

So Peggy is going to the coast for her birthday with two friends, I am worried to death she'll fall.  I reminded her she cannot take any falls.  She fell getting out of bed last time she did this, she was lucky she wasn't hurt.  I wonder about their brains.  She has guard rails on her bed but I can't get them apart, I have no strength, neither does she.  She doesn't listen.  It's on her, if she ends up in the hospital, she won't be coming home.  I've reminded her enough times.  It's hell never going anywhere, but worse hell if it ends her life as she knows it.  My heart will be in my throat until she's safely home..  I hate this.  This is what our lives have become.

• Hugs 1

• Members
4 hours ago, KayC said:

She doesn't listen.  It's on her, if she ends up in the hospital, she won't be coming home.  I've reminded her enough times.  It's hell never going anywhere, but worse hell if it ends her life as she knows it.  My heart will be in my throat until she's safely home..  I hate this.  This is what our lives have become.

KayC,

My loving wife and I worried about my friend and her Mother too. It never bothered my friend that he was stressing us out and causing so many issues. I do understand that you will be worried and honestly you will probably always be worried as long as you and her are alive. I hate that after all we did to help everyone and make sure they were taken care of, I am all alone with nobody who cares about me. This isn't the way it was supposed to be and it isn't right. I know I have to accept this stage of my existence but I hate it and just want it to end. The constant endless stresses that nobody seems to understand or care about are too much and my head feels like it is exploding or going to explode all of the time. maybe that is just part of my broken brain and broken heart.

• Hugs 2

• Moderators
17 hours ago, John9 said:

you will probably always be worried as long as you and her are alive.

Yes but the converse will be worse, I don't want to lose her.  

Sometimes we want things to just stay as they are and not change, but life/death/the world is always changing and we can't grasp it and hold it still...it slips through our fingers like sand...

We've all lived this as we lost our loved one/s.

• Hugs 2

• Members
2 hours ago, KayC said:

Yes but the converse will be worse, I don't want to lose her.  

Sometimes we want things to just stay as they are and not change, but life/death/the world is always changing and we can't grasp it and hold it still...it slips through our fingers like sand...

We've all lived this as we lost our loved one/s.

KayC,

Yes, I understand and didn't mean you wouldn't be sadder if she dies or anyone else dies. Even me but nobody will really know when that happens, I just won't be posting anymore. I heard from the Attorney's office this morning and was told that they can't ask for updates and basically told I/we have to wait. I again will say that when I talk, nobody listens. So I told her that the fact that paperwork filed on March 15, 2022 for MIL was processed and paperwork filed on February 9, 2022 hasn't been seems to indicate it is lost or misfiled and something needs to be addressed. This extra stress is really wearing down an already worn out person so much further. I really don't know how much more my broken brain and broken heart can handle.

• Hugs 2

• Moderators
On 3/28/2022 at 5:11 AM, KayC said:

This sounds almost prophetic.  Little did I know that in just 4 1/4 hours my sister would be dead.

On another note, it seems to only be our county dragging their heels on giving court stamp of approval to divorces...

• Hugs 3

• Members
5 minutes ago, KayC said:

This sounds almost prophetic.  Little did I know that in just 4 1/4 hours my sister would be dead.

KayC,

Are you saying that Peggy died or are you commenting about something else? I understand the remark about being prophetic, I have always said that I seem to be "right about the wrong things"

• Like 1

• Moderators

She died yesterday morning 9:30 am.  It's been hell...

I posted a thread about it.

• Hugs 3
  • Angel Wings 1

• Members
1 minute ago, KayC said:

She died yesterday morning 9:30 am.  It's been hell...

KayC,

I am sorry for your loss. I didn't see a post but I am sorry nonetheless. I know that even if you knew or know that someone is dying it is never easy. As you know probably more than anyone else we are here for you.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
13 minutes ago, KayC said:

John, keep posting your thoughts here, we're listening.  Even if no one writes in response, they're reading and we all care what you're going through.

KayC,

This kind of response is exactly why I come here. You are going through another terribly painful loss(es) and you still find time to try and help me and others. It would be a so much nicer world if everyone had this kind of caring. I know that grief is a terrible way for some to learn how to be able to comfort and help others but it happens. I know I was probably not as good at it as I thought I was until losing my loving wife and everyone else this past 14 months. As we know we only do what we can but I surely hope that your Daughter gets a little luck as far as the divorce goes with the paperwork. But I also have said that I believe sometimes the legal system is stacked against us and it is nothing but a money grab. As you say it was supposed to be a simple divorce and somehow it isn't ever quite as easy as it should be. Try to let Mick handle as much as he can so the stresses don't overwhelm you anymore than they already are.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members

I just heard from the Attorney in regards to my friends estate :angry:I was told that they needed to file the paperwork again and have to wait another 28 days(?) and then another 28 days after that for the second paperwork to be final(?):(My head is going to explode with all of this and there is no guarantee this will be the end of it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 3

• Moderators
On 4/4/2022 at 7:12 AM, John9 said:

I was probably not as good at it as I thought I was until losing my loving wife and everyone else this past 14 months.

Who of us are?  Still I consider myself empathetic and would not have abandoned friends going through this as each and every one of ours did!  I might say the wrong thing or not know what to say, but I would have been there.

On 4/4/2022 at 2:48 PM, John9 said:

I was told that they needed to file the paperwork again and have to wait another 28 days(?) and then another 28 days after that for the second paperwork to be final(?)

I am so sorry.  Our whole system sucks.  :(

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
9 minutes ago, KayC said:

I am so sorry.  Our whole system sucks.  :(

KayC,

I know and I am sorry that your Daughter is having her issues too. I just hope that the Probate Court where Mick has to file is smoother and quicker. I am not asking for any details but hopefully they have a simpler process and it will not take the 400 +years (days) it has been for me. I'm not really sure how long it actually is just know it was before my loving wife died and that is 388 days today. As I have said it seems like an eternity since my loving wife died and all of this legal delaying is not helping at all with the stress and making the time flow. I know that it will never feel like it did with my loving wife with me but it is just so overwhelming with everything else happening too. And they really don't seem to care because it isn't them or doesn't matter to them. Just venting again.

• Like 1

• Members
2 minutes ago, John9 said:

And they really don't seem to care because it isn't them or doesn't matter to them. Just venting again.

Yeah, I am sick of bad attitudes. But you know what? Life is a two-way street. If I give them a taste of their own medicine and they don't like it, TOUGH bananas. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

tnd,

How are you doing, I hope you are making some sort of headway with the apartment.

• Like 1

• Members

John9, 

So many of your posts remind me of how I felt going to work after my husband died.  Everything felt like an endless shuffle of paperwork. Many of the 'complex' permit applications on my desk had been pending for many months, some for years.  Engineers asked for more documentation, biologists scheduled additional inspections, financial documents were incomplete, I'd shuffle through them over and over again feeling like it was all madness.  

Part of it was probably madness, but part of it was me. I just had no tolerance for all the 'normal' sloppy, incomplete work of others, that made me do work over and over again.  If they couldn't do their job properly, I just had no patience to write out again what was still missing to complete the application. I just felt like banging my head against a wall in frustration that there was this neverending swirl of pointless paperwork.  Finally, after 8 months, I just resigned. 

Looking back now, it seems like my inability to cope with the situation was part of my grief.  I had worked in this office for 8 years before my sweetie died.  Applicants weren't any worse that last year. I previously had been a patient and courteous employee. In my grief I was so frustrated by everything.  Nothing felt right, everything was a jumbled mess. (The world was a jumbled mess, that made no sense, because he was gone!)

I know that the estate matters you are dealing with really have had inexcusable delays, but I also think your frustration level is a symptom of your grief.  It is really hard to navigate life without the presence of the person who made you complete.  At least it was for me for a very long time. 

Hugs,

Gail

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Right now I have no tolerance for bureaucracy and it has nothing to do with grief...there's no excuse, Covid or not, for courts to not do their job in a timely fashion.  Melissa's divorce should have been granted two years ago!  What's Covid got to do with it?!  Yet everyone uses it for an excuse to not do their jobs. Most of us couldn't get away with it, grocery clerks, gas station attendants still have to do their jobs!  Why not gov't?  And medical is starting to fall into that category!  Now the PCPs are "referral houses," my doctor has never seen me in my underwear!  I called to schedule my annual blood draw (been over 1 1/2 years now and two years since I had full testing), can't get in for another month!  Why?  It doesn't take long to draw blood and doesn't require the doctor to do it!

• Hugs 1

• Members
8 hours ago, Gail 8588 said:

I know that the estate matters you are dealing with really have had inexcusable delays, but I also think your frustration level is a symptom of your grief.  It is really hard to navigate life without the presence of the person who made you complete.  At least it was for me for a very long time. 

Gail 8588,

I thank you for the comments. I too believe what you said is correct, it is all connected and I have posted that on some of the forums. What I am dealing with in regards to my friends estate has been going on since before my loving wife died. My loving wife made a comment at the beginning that we would handle it together, there is no we and that makes it very hard. I know this and sadly again as I have said maybe too many times, knowing something doesn't always make it any easier. Frustration is for me one of the many stages of grieving even if not officially recognized by any so called experts. I know my emotions are many and are all over the place sometimes but without the support of my loving wife everything is worse as I and others have said. I have been commenting for what seems forever that I just want some of these things off of my plate so I can properly process what has happened and I still feel I haven't because my broken brain is in too many different places all at once.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
1 hour ago, KayC said:

I called to schedule my annual blood draw (been over 1 1/2 years now and two years since I had full testing), can't get in for another month!  Why?  It doesn't take long to draw blood and doesn't require the doctor to do it!

KayC,

I understand what you say, I also went through the issues with bloodwork with MIL and some of the testing sites were closed for whatever reason and that caused multiple compounded issues. We couldn't do anything in regards to testing without a proper "order" from the Doctor and sometimes that was like pulling teeth. Even when the Doctor finally listened to my loving wife and decided to start testing her it was hard because at that time his office was closed to the public, how do you get an order for an x-ray when you need a physical paper and they don't allow electronic order. That is a whole other issue that should not be going on especially with covid restrictions. As far as my issues with Probate Court, they are the only Court in Michigan who is not allowing in person "dealings" Sending paperwork electronically is partially allowed but then the added delays with the mailing of hard copies just makes it take longer when someone used to take it to the Court. I just made a comment to our son yesterday again about something else, I can't tell someone HOW to do their job I can only tell you I see an issue or a problem. The biggest problem for me right now is that you can't call to address an issue and that adds to the delays. There should always be a way to address real issues with a real person in real time. Again I am just venting here because here is the only place anyone seems to read and understand what I write.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
On 4/6/2022 at 10:07 AM, John9 said:

The biggest problem for me right now is that you can't call to address an issue and that adds to the delays. There should always be a way to address real issues with a real person in real time.

John9:  I read an article the other day written by an employee who has been working from home during the pandemic. He "coasts". That is what some employees are doing, they are "coasting at work" and do just the minimal to keep their boss off their backs. They spend the rest of the day doing whatever they want, like going out to get groceries or meeting friends or napping. So yeah, not a lot of work is getting done these days. Heck, I just heard that the IRS has over 77,000 tax returns to still look at from 2020. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
On 4/6/2022 at 8:07 AM, John9 said:

We couldn't do anything in regards to testing without a proper "order" from the Doctor and sometimes that was like pulling teeth.

I requested an insulin resistance test, they didn't know what it was!  I help lead a diabetic group of over 7,000 people worldwide and this is what I do, study Diabetes, what works (as opposed to the archaic AMA and ADA guidelines that keep us sick) gather/save/post videos/articles/recipes for the website.  So my doctor's asst. said he wants to schedule a phone visit with me to use as a learning tool, I have to explain insulin resistance to HIM and why this test is needed!  Phone visit April 19, blood draw May 2.  Wow this is slow!  Anyone else have to teach their doctor what they didn't get in med school?  Something so backwards about this!

On 4/6/2022 at 8:07 AM, John9 said:

I am just venting here because here is the only place anyone seems to read and understand what I write.

They don't care to, that's the real problem!

9 hours ago, tnd said:

the IRS has over 77,000 tax returns to still look at from 2020. 

Yep.  And OR got funding YEARS ago (12?) to update their computer system and have not completed it and were bombarded during the pandemic and could not handle them so people went MONTHS without getting their benefits!  Meanwhile starving to death.  This is negligence at it's highest level.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
10 hours ago, tnd said:

Heck, I just heard that the IRS has over 77,000 tax returns to still look at from 2020. 

tnd,

Yes, and that is probably not even accurate, way too low. As I said I had to file MIL's taxes by mail because the electronic system can't handle the extra forms a death causes. Michigan handled it and all is good. The IRS system is so slow partly because they didn't update to a way of scanning the paper returns, they all have to be manually entered. As someone who has worked with numbers and forms. That is so stupid and so antiquated, there is no reason that anyone should have to file by mail with technology the way it is. The IRS says that until and unless they catch up from the backlog, they may not even work on any returns from this year. I guess it all depends on where the return was sent and the work ethic of that office and whether they are coasting too. For me it is just more frustration and another level of stress that I don't need, nor does anyone else either.

• Like 1

• Members
46 minutes ago, KayC said:

Anyone else have to teach their doctor what they didn't get in med school?  Something so backwards about this!

KayC,

I think that question would depend on the Doctor, when MIL's Doctor retired we had to find a new one who could understand her complicated Medical issues. We wanted and needed someone close and someone who understood Diabetes and Dementia and High Blood Pressure and.....It was great that she had very good Insurance because now the restrictions of finding a Doctor who accepts new patients AND their Insurance makes it all so much harder. Yeah, just what everyone needs things to be harder when you are dealing with your health or someone you love.

• Like 1

• Moderators

There is only one doctor and one PA in town, the rest closed down.  So unless you want a long trip through the snow...

• Hugs 1

• Members

SO I received an email from the Attorney office in regards to both cases (talk about lazy). The assistant said that I need to come in and sign more papers and I need to bring our son so he can sign more papers and OH, Yeah I owe fees for the filings. She said that it would be next week and I emailed her to tell her our son is only available on Tuesday and Thursday, no response. In the mail today I received an invoice for said fees, I wrote the check and then noticed it didn't seem to cover all fees so I emailed again and still no response. I email because in the very first meeting with her she said that is how they communicate and I need to make sure to respond quickly (one sided, I guess) and also told her that it was my understanding and confirmed by Court website that the papers we need to sign for MIL estate can't be filed until at least 5 months after I was appointed P.R. Why do I pay if I have to do her job(?) Also told her I don't think I should be closing estate as long as IRS hasn't done their job and refunded MIL tax refund yet. I am just venting again and again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
7 hours ago, John9 said:

Also told her I don't think I should be closing estate as long as IRS hasn't done their job and refunded MIL tax refund yet. I am just venting again and again.

Vent away! These piss-poor attitudes need a new hobby. Or at least new jobs. I, for  one am sick of catering to their behinds just so I can get something done. But I learned unfortunately that killing them with kindness is a lot faster than the days where I'd get all up in their business like a mad dog off his leash. For the first time in my life I might not file my taxes on time. This year I only have to because I get subsidized health insurance. But when I read that the IRS still hasn't reviewed over 77k from last year....Pffft! 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

....and in the middle of all this, thought of asking if there's been any sightings of your wife's Petunias? Or is it too early yet for them? I thought there was a park next to the apartment I'm waiting for. Thought it might be nice if I am able to  walk over there. Looks to be nice grass, trees and trails. Maybe some wildflowers too. Well, I did some research only to discover that it's a TRAILER PARK!  It's alright, go ahead and laugh. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
42 minutes ago, tnd said:

It's alright, go ahead and laugh. 

tnd,

I just commented the other day, I used to laugh to keep from crying but now all I do is cry. I will laugh when something is funny it just isn't very often. It is still weird weather here, 70 yesterday and 50 today with 50 mph wind. Overnight temperatures still sometimes go below freezing, grass is starting to green up and trees are starting to bud, but many years frost ends up killing many things. Long way to say that the petunias may or may not come again. It would be nice but I haven't seen any signs in so long. And you were right about a park, just not the kind you thought it was.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Members
22 hours ago, tnd said:

For the first time in my life I might not file my taxes on time. This year I only have to because I get subsidized health insurance. But when I read that the IRS still hasn't reviewed over 77k from last year....Pffft! 

tnd,

If you file electronically you should have no problem, my issue is because I need to prove MIL is dead and I am P.R. it must be mailed in and I can't file electronically. The state of Michigan had no issues when I mailed it in because they updated their system to handle paper returns. IRS never updated their system so each paper return has to be hand entered which increases risk of human error and adds to the delays also.:angry:

• Like 1

• Members
1 hour ago, John9 said:

file electronically you should have no problem, my issue is because I need to prov

I can't file electronically either. At least not this year. If I'm late I'm not going to sweat it. Don't really care what they would do about it. I think I've reached a point that so much has happened in my life that its starting to all run together. Sort of like some abstract water color picture. It's just a big blurry picture now. And yet, here I still am, still standing. For all the years I have filed and not once been late, I think I should be allowed one time. I've always filed early but this year had to wait for a form. Like I said, I'm not sweating it. Ha....maybe I'm getting a new attitude from watching the Ukrainians kick Russia's you-know-what. They sank Putin's big flagship today. Putin is no doubt angry. Gonna get uglier but Ukraine has the right attitude. I'm looking at it like there's a lesson in all this for me somewhere. Not going to sweat a late filing. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
On 4/13/2022 at 7:50 PM, tnd said:

Vent away! These piss-poor attitudes need a new hobby. Or at least new jobs. I, for  one am sick of catering to their behinds just so I can get something done. But I learned unfortunately that killing them with kindness is a lot faster than the days where I'd get all up in their business like a mad dog off his leash. For the first time in my life I might not file my taxes on time. This year I only have to because I get subsidized health insurance. But when I read that the IRS still hasn't reviewed over 77k from last year....Pffft! 

Maybe file for an extension, it can be done on line, very simple short form, just so you don't get penalized.

• Hugs 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, tnd said:

I thought there was a park next to the apartment I'm waiting for. Thought it might be nice if I am able to  walk over there. Looks to be nice grass, trees and trails. Maybe some wildflowers too. Well, I did some research only to discover that it's a TRAILER PARK!  It's alright, go ahead and laugh. 

I'm sure that was a surprise, but maybe there's people there who will be your next best friends.  It'd be nice if it had a park like setting, there's one here I wouldn't mind living in (in Westfir, about ten miles from here) with a river along it and trees and greenery, also a trail and a bench.  They have a swimming pool and dining hall.  Some of them are nice!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, John9 said:

It is still weird weather here

Here too, it was 85 here and two days later we had a bunch of snow dumped on us, 20s -40s, it's snowed for a week and will continue through at least Tues. night, of course, I have appts. on Tuesday!  I had to cancel the others so will wait and see what it looks like as it comes.  27 1/2" so far.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
19 minutes ago, KayC said:

I'm sure that was a surprise, but maybe there's people there who will be your next best friends.  It'd be nice if it had a park like setting, there's one here I wouldn't mind living in (in Westfir, about ten miles from here) with a river along it and trees and greenery, also a trail and a bench.  They have a swimming pool and dining hall.  Some of them are nice!

KayC,

My friends Parents lived in a 55+ community in Florida since before I knew him (1985) until his Father died in 2006 and it is technically mobile homes but there they owned the property unlike some here where you rent the lot. I guess it was a very nice one because there was a pool and other things and of course yearly dues to maintain them. And that is part of why I am still in Probate because he had the property in Florida as well as in Michigan. But like everything else there are good ones and bad ones, especially if not kept up.

21 minutes ago, KayC said:

Here too, it was 85 here and two days later we had a bunch of snow dumped on us, 20s -40s, it's snowed for a week and will continue through at least Tues. night, of course, I have appts. on Tuesday!  I had to cancel the others so will wait and see what it looks like as it comes.  27 1/2" so far.

KayC,

Weather  has been weird for years, last year after my loving wife died we got one of the heaviest 1 day snows that almost destroyed one of her favorite trees in the back yard. Then the frost comes and burns the tips of the Hostas and then the animals eat all of her plants and flowers. Although the last part isn't weather unless they had no other food because of frost damage.

• Like 3

• Moderators

My lilac tree has buds on it, will be interesting to see what all this snow did to it, we've had ice, frost, everything.

Now a raccoon tearing up my insulation above the storage room, called someone out three days ago, haven't seen him yet...

Snowing/sticking as we speak. :(  
And me with a memorial to attend this morning, which may or may not happen. 

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members

Today, we are expecting anywhere from 1-4 inches of snow and then next weekend it is supposed to be near 70 degrees. All we can do is just deal with this and hope for the best, because we definitely are not in charge of the weather if we are in charge of anything anymore.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I couldn't attend the memorial, called his widow that evening, I gave it my best try but it just kept snowing...

Missed Easter.  Just like I missed Christmas.  This has been a bad winter, last summer was the worst all summer, I hope this isn't more of things to come.

Look forward to 70!  It was 85 less than two weeks ago!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

KayC,

As I had said maybe too many times, the weather never bothered me before unless my loving wife was scared of a storm. Now it definitely affects my moods and also what I do, which isn't really much. It is getting near time to have to do yard work and last year we had so much rain the yard was flooded but grass was so high and it didn't help at all. And they kept telling us the area was under a drought. I know it is an area not just my area but still standing water is not  a drought.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

It is when the water tables are low.  The problem is, when we get rain, it's coming in so fast that the ground can't soak it up and instead we have standing water but it doesn't help the drought!  We have the same thing going on, even though I'm on a mountain where the ground slopes down into my place, everything is saturated but we have severe drought, which is scary, I'm on a well!  When we get extreme heat this summer, will I have water?  Will see.

• Hugs 2