Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I Miss Him So...

OldGeek

• Members
aprilmoonflower

they are supposed to reschedule the event or refund the $$$ for John Edward.. though the new date hasn't been announced! gah! I am really bummed!

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aprilmoonflower

• armaiti

• mishknit

• rodless

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
missyouhoney811

John Edwards will be in Vegas in April.  I think I'll check the dates because I'll be there from 4/28 to 5/1.  Maybe I can see him again.

• Members

I'm in nw Iowa. We've had 3 days of 55-60 degrees so I think by the end of today I will have my sidewalk and driveway free of ice for the first time since the beginning of December. I can't believe how exciting it is to see cement. Of course now they have feezing rain/snow with accumulations predicted for Friday. lol. Anyway, I saw a robin this morning so I feel much better!

I've been amusing myself by looking at cars. I love my jeep but it's expensive to drive and I don't think gas is going down anytime soon. Rod & I were always cruising the car lots...it was our version of spring fever.

Hope all have a good day.

Mary Jo

• Members
aprilmoonflower

I am feeling better today too. just tired..

my 2yo has her second speech eval tomorrow. also will need to call the school district back for DS! I can't beleive I have 2 special needs children! I am feeling pretty alone and pissed off at myself too. ugh. this sucks. and is going to be EXPENSIVE to boot for DS. and no one gets it either. everyone just wants to give me discipline advice or life advice which doesn't help at all.

otherwise the veggie Dad is coming here tomorrow night for a dinner date. well I am cooking him dinner. DS is excited. it is weird to have dates with my kids for sure.lol. btw did I mention he is 16 years OLDER than me? he doesn't look it though. must be cause he is a non meat eater! LOL.

• Members
missyouhoney811

Good for April....................does the older man have any $$$ in his pockets??? LOL As long as you enjoy each other age means nothing at all.  Just be happy...

• Members
aprilmoonflower

actually no, I don't think so on the $$$, he is involved in a loooong (10 year)custody battle over his  children. is it weird I think it's great he has baggage? LOL> I must be a weirdo! btw he lives an hour away too.  which is perfect for me!

• Members
missyouhoney811

As long as you enjoy one another that is all that really matters.  I always said (joking) I was looking for a man around 95, no children (no fights when I take him over the coals) and owned beach front property in Naples, Florida.  I would consider holding his hand lol.................... I must have too much time on my hands today.  I actually cleaned my keyboard with Q-tips and Windex.  The weather better change soon........I'll go to Zumba at 7:00 this evening. 

Enjoy your evening.

Dorothy

• Members
aprilmoonflower

I think misery loves company or something like that.lol.

wow qtips and windex! :) I sure wish I had that kind of energy lately! must be the zumba!!

• Members

...and here I am, stalking the Linea Pelle online handbag sample sale for 2 days and the Manolo clearance on Neimans...

...doesn't make up for Ishaq being here, but I sure love a new purse and a pair of high heeled shoes...little pleasures, y'know?  We get 'em where we can...

• Members
missyouhoney811

I need a purse to go with my new lemon yellow shoes.  I'll search at Macy's maybe tomorrow I have a special 20% off coupon.  I love shopping.............John did to. I bought off white lined slacks over a year ago.  At the time I bought them they were too small.  I think I'll try them on.  I would be very excited if they fit now.  Maybe I'll get a yellow top IF my slacks fit.  Maybe even a yellow hat for Easter.  It has been many years since I wore a hat to church on Easter Sunday. I use to love hats.

Talk to you later.

Blessings,

Dorothy

• Members

Dorothy, wish I'd posted about the bags earlier!  There was a marigold colored back up on the sample sale.  It was a "mini" though, so it might be too small...not sure what you were looking for!  

I post to the "Purse Forum" too, and have been there a lot for the last couple of days.  The gals there are a hoot and really funny and friendly...one of them did write me and say she looked at my Myspace page and how touched she was by it and Ishaq's page I set up. 

Blessings,

Anna

• Members
missyouhoney811

Anna, I am usually a hobo bag person.  I never bought a purse off the internet.  Everything else but no purse.  I have purchased from QVC only after they showed everything about the purse.  I think I'll go to your site. 

I am very proud of myself today I actually cleaned my house.  I felt like doing it........not just moving the dust around..........I did serious stuff.  I dragged out my step stool to clean the top of the refrigerator off (when John was able that was his job)............moved the stove and got all the fuzz bunnies. I even scrubbed my utility room, kitchen, dining area and bathroom.   I also cleaned the living room,  John's room and my office.  Tomorrow I'll take care of my bedroom.  I do have energy. I also dressed my three ducks outside.  The last time I did that John was with me.  When I was putting suitecases in the cupboard two bags of duck clothes fell on the floor.  I picked them up and put them in the garbage.  Later I went outside, went through my trash and brought the clothes back in the house.  My ducks look adorable since they have their clothes on.............

Talk to you tomorrow.  Goodnight

Blessings,

Dorothy

• Members

You guys are too funny...yellow purses and ducks...thanks for the laugh. And I am so glad that the ducks are dressed! My neighbor has one that she decks out according to the season.

My husband was 15 years older than me, April. I never noticed the age difference because he thought and danced young. Don't let that scare you. My mom had reservations when we got married because he was closer to her age than mine, but it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

The sun is shining despite the weather forecast and the geese are flying north. So far a good day. I'll take it while I have it!!

Mary Jo

• Members

Dorothy, you should take pictures of the ducks...how big are they anyway?  You now, here in Oregon, that's our mascot because our U of O teams are the Ducks...

The city has this big ducks all over, done by different artists.   When Ishaq was working at the Red Cross one was donated and sat in the lobby.

It's rainy today...I'm working putting stuff up on eBay...going out with girlfriends tomorrow night to another friend's African music concert, a benefit for a charity she works with. 

Hope everyone has a peaceful day...

Blessings,

Anna

• Members

hello I hope you are all doing well under the circumstances.  It's ben a few days since I've been on.  B's birthday went better than I thought it would.  Of course there were many tears.  But it was good to be with his family.  They have been so good to me.  Treating my like their own daughter.  For that I am grateful.  I've been having some good days and I think I'm slowly starting to heal a little.  Then part of me doesn't want to.  I feel bad if I smile to much or laugh at something?  Does anyone feel this way?  It's so hard to put into words.  There are many things I can't bring myself to do I noticed.  I don't watch late night shows or 10:30 news, or go to the library. I won't sleep in our bed it's in the basement at my parents house.  I moved home the day after he passed away.  We were getting ready to move into a bigger apt.  Part of me wants to move back to the same complex but part of me doesn't.  It's so hard to drive by it and it's right next to the cemetary he's buried in.   Are all these feelings norma???  Thanks for letting me go on, I wish I was able to give you all the support you have given me?  I hope everyone has a blessed day.

~M

• Members

Eventually, yes, I felt weird laughing and smiling at first. What you are going through is perfectly normal. People would send me a lot of funny stuff on the web and I loosened up and starting smiling and laughing and thinking things were funny again. The first time I laughed I thought, where did that come from? I almost felt guilty but I realized, hey yeah, I didn't die, I'm still alive and I can enjoy things. I didn't die with him.

• Members

Eventually, what you are feeling is normal.  I know it took me a long time to laugh out loud at anything, and when I did, the sound was strange...the thing that kept me smiling was the kitten that I adopted that someone had dumped here and I had to work for months to tame...I feel like Ishaq sent her as a gift to me...interestingly, she adopted his side of the bed and only sleeps there, with her head on the pillow! 

We all got lots of support from those who were farther down the line in the grieving process when we first came to this board...I'm sure as time goes on, you'll be able to offer comfort to the next new folks who join us..

Blessings,

Anna

• Members

Anna,

Thank you so much for the kind words.  I got a puppy shortly after B passed away. Ironically she was born about 22 days after he passed.  She is my happy distraction.  At least thats what I think. She makes me happy and at first I felt guilty. But I'm getting over that.  I think he would want me to smile occasionally.  We were thinking about getting dog when we got a bigger place.  I spent a pretty penny on her and he's probably up in Heaven, saying you spent how much on a dog.  I was always more carefree with my money, and he was the saver.  I just tell him, after what he put me through I can spend however much I want.  I know that sounds stupid and crazy.  Well I better go.  Thanks for letting me ramble.

• Members

No, it doesn't sound stupid or crazy (considering what I just spent on purses at the sample sale)!  We do what makes us feel better and if we spend money on something that makes us happy, then that's a good thing, I think! 

The interesting thing about the kitten is that she is exactly the coloring of the cat that Ishaq wanted us to get next - a grey tabby with white on her face and green eyes!  His sister named her for me - Mckenzie, after the Mckenzie river that he was in when his heart stopped.

Blessings,

Anna

• Members
aprilmoonflower

(((Melissa)))

I am STILL freaking sick. I ended up having to cancel DD's eval AND my date! AND our plans for rollerskating today! I feel like such a lame ass! and now I have to work ALL weekend cause I have done nothing the last 2 weeks! ackk! life is kicking me you know where!

• Members

April, so sorry you are still sick!  I have several friends who had this thing and it made them sick for weeks..seems to be a very "clingy" bug..

Miss, sounds like you are having a hard time - my thoughts and blessings are with you...

Anna

• Members

Eventually,

What kind of puppy?  How old?  Boy or girl?  Name?

Two weeks ago, five weeks after Mike died, I adopted a Jack Russell named Scout who's a year old.  Just a fw days before he died Mike said he wanted one.  I felt like I had to do it for him and it was a way of honoring him.  I have 3 other dogs in the house and Scout makes 4.  He's adorable and very sweet, but 2 of my dogs are not liking him at all.  I hope more time will get them used to each other.

I think getting a puppy was a great idea.  Not only does it keep you busy, but it's also being able to start with a new life.  It's no substitute but it helps.

Sue

• Members

just realized tomorrow will be 10 months for me... i hate that its going so fast... I feel like being with Jer was all a dream :( lots of crap happening my friend screwed me in a class cuz he flaked on helping me with an assignment... things arnt getting better with TJ (jers friend I like) seems like its just getting worse I have really strong feelings for him... its hard i love my boyfriend so much but at the same time I cant help but have these feelings for TJ and wish something would happen.... Little things keep happeneing that make it worse :(...

• Members

I can't believe you said that you feel like it was all a dream!  I've been thinking the same thing sometimes.  I think that maybe it's a coping skill.  If it was just a dream, then we don't have to grieve and we can just go back to whatever normal was.

Sue

• Members
aprilmoonflower

it is all like a dream. here one minute gone the next. UNREAL!

my oven just caught on fire while I was baking bread and is now toast. fire dept just left! this sucks! I am sick, hungry and ovelnless. and I think the veg dad is slightly annoyed I cancelled too..I feel like the oven was a sign or just my karma. lol. I have to laugh or I'll cry. good thing it didn't combust while I was trying to impress  my date with my cooking skills~ LOL> :P

I am going to go crawl into bed for the rest of the weekend! (ha ha, wishful thinking!)

• Members

Why do these things have to happen always at the worst time?  Not that there's ever a good time.  Good for you for laughing at the absurditites of life.  And if veggie dad is annoyed and can't have a sense of humor or didn't offer to come over and help you put out the fire, or light your fire, or tell you to stay away from the cute firemen, then I think you might want to be more cautious about him.  I think sense of humor is one of the top qualities I need in somebody.

Sue

• Members

April,  If he doesn't understand, it wasn't meant to be.   You are such a gentle caring person that he should be extremely glad for even a chance to be with you.   Hang in there kid, the best is yet to be.....  Linda

• Members

April, if veggie dad doesn't come around, he doesn't know what he's missing! I bet anything you'll hear from him. Take care of yourself first and get well. Then you can deal with him and the oven.

Miss, sorry you're having such a bad time. It's hard to sort out feelings when everything is so mixed up but you'll get through it and come out fine. Take it a little at a time and remember Jer would want you to be happy.

Loved the firemen comments, Sue. We might as well laugh when we can.

• Members

April, I'm so sorry about the oven and about veggie dad.  But really, if he gets annoyed that you cancel because you are sick, that's pretty lame.  He should be more understanding!

I went out tonight with some friends to a benefit show for a group that sponsors teenage girls in Zimbabwe orphaned by AIDS.  It was a lovely night...I bid on the silent auction and got  ten weeks of qi qong lessons (sort of like tai chi) for $30.  And went out first for wine and food - had "irish nachos" at the pub we went to - nachos made with french fries!

Ran into two different folks that knew Ishaq.  Both told me how they were looking at his picture today on their fridge - they were both at his Celebration of Life that first year, where I had made magnets with his picture and handed them out to everyone who came.  He is always with me, part of me, and these little interactions are a great reminder.

Blessings,

Anna

• Members
aprilmoonflower

the oven thing blows. good thing I will get my tax return soon! I wanted a new oven, just not wanting to aquire it this way!

thankfully i have a toaster oven to bake in and a microwave for the interim. now I need to figure out what i can cook (And shop for stoves w/ 2 preschool aged kids in tow). I was planning soup all week! ackkk! anyone know if you can make soup in a crockpot? can I saute onions and garlic in there somehow? or is it not hot enough? I really wanted to make a cob solar oven this past summer. I still want to do that one day!

ps) heard from veggie dad. he was sympathetic anyway. I am just picking up a weird vibe is all. stepping back from the situation for a bit. we'll see what happens.  though I do think there is a connection between us! even if it is only friends! he is seemingly stressed tho right now and fighting for his kids right now in a custody battle thats lasted for many YEARS, and court is in a few weeks so I doubt I will see him much until after that quite honestly!

oh and another thing. there is another man I am kinda interested in. though he doesn't know I'm even alive! (we know each other it's just been awhile since I've seen him)

I can't beleive I am even interested in any men.:? all they are is trouble (most of the time) LOL j/k (kinda)

• Members

Hi April - I don't think you can saute in a crockpot, but I've made soup by just throwing all the ingredients in there together and first cooking it on high for an hour or two, then turning it down to low to cook the rest of the way.  I find everything gets soft enough that way.

Even though I'm not looking for another relationship, I still look at guys...but I have yet to see anyone I'd even be remotely interested in.  This is a pretty small community, and I know pretty much everybody who "runs" with the spiritual/mystical/music/dance community. 

I guess the only exception would be if John Corbett showed up at my door (remember Chris in the morning on Northern Exposure?).  Then I'd have some serious considering to do...and Ishaq would understand that one!

Blessings,

Anna

• Members
aprilmoonflower

Anna- if the right person comes along, hey who knows, right? never say never! Ishaq may just send someone your way one day! I wasn't looking either, and I am still against the idea of an actual boyfriend too! LOL. but my kids also need to have some male role models!

• Members

april..

i'm cooking corn beef and cabbage right now in my crock-pot..soups are amazing in it! i don't think you can saute tho, but you can throw everything but the kitchen sink (or busted oven, in your case) into it and it somehow always work! sorry about your oven...and it seems veggie dad may be distracted, but certainly has his priorities straight..always a good sign.

anna...john corbett..yum! tom and i always played a game we called a"gimme', where, if someone walked in the door and asked us to bed, it would be ok with the other one to go! lol!!!! anyway, his was almost alwyas susan sarandon, with occasional lapses, mine was jimmy smits for a long time, denzel washington made an appearance, and corbett was there too. i haven't thought of that for a while...thanks for the laugh!

i've been thinking about the idea of seeing someone, and find it both exciting and repulsive..you know? i do think, however, that when i do meet someone it will be that i just meet them...i do not think the internet thing is for me, tho it's fun to play with. i'm looking into doing more things that i enjoy....and, who knows, maybe someone will be there. the idea of spending the rest of my life alone is not very appealing, but..whatever. i always am grateful for what i had, but in some ways that makes it harder, because my life is so diminished by his absence. well, not MY life,, but the fun, the excitement, the love..you know.

missy, hope you're feeling better, how did the fundraiser go?

and linda..how are you?

peace,

michele

• Members
missyouhoney811

I have been so sick since I woke up Friday morning.  First time in my life I have vertigo.  What a ride.  A non stop whirl as soon as I open my eyes.  The doctor called in a prescription for me............my neighbor picked it up.  Today is the first day I actually made it to the computer since Thursday night.  It is quite scary when you are alone.  When I walk around in the house I feel like a drunk.  Can't wait until this is over with. 

Blessings,

Dorothy

• Members

Dorothy, so sorry you are sick!  I had that vertigo thing too, a while back.  I went to my chiropractor and he did an adjument that really helped.

Michele, yeah, Ishaq and I didn't have quite the same game, but we definately talked about who we would hop into bed with.   His choice was always Nicole Kidman!

Blessings,

Anna

• Members

April - Ishaq has sent guys to two of our friends - one the guy told my friend he felt like someone was actually pushing him towards her, where she was laying on the beach, because he'd never have had the guts to approach her otherwise! 

• Members

Dorothy,

Vertigo really sucks!  Are you feling any better now with the medication?  Being alone and being sick is a scary thing.  You always think about what if something really happened to me and nobody was here and no one would know until it was too late.  That ALMOST happened to me but thank God for a sister!

In Feb. of 2003, I wasn't feeling well one weekend.  I was puking over and over.  On Sunday my sister couldn't reach me and had a bad feeling so she drove over (she's about 20 minutes away) and had to let herself in because I didn't answer the door and found me unresponsive.  She called an ambulance and I was in a coma for 7 days.  It was a diabetic coma and that's how I found out I was diabetic.  No idea before that.  (This was all before I had met Mike).

Now that Mike's gone I've had that thought about being alone.

Sue

• Members

Hi Michele,  I haven't stopped crying for 2 days and I am really having a hard time.   Jim and I had a huge fight last Tuesday and I didn't think he would call again, but he did and also apologized.  Actually he has called 3 times today because he is worried about me.   I realized after the fight on Tuesday that he really is leaving in only 3 months and I don't know how I am going to deal with it.  So much for all the big talk when it seemed so far away.  We both know that our relationship isn't good for either of us but I have become so emotionally entangled and dependent that I am really overwhelmed right now.   I don't want him to know any of this, so I just told him that I don't feel well.  It wouldn't change anything if I did tell him, and if it did it wouldn't be any good anyway.  He has alot of mental issues and it will be better for him to be in CA with his mom, at least I know he will be safer there.  He has lived as a hermit for years and she understands him and loves him no matter what he says or does.   I have been through so much worse than this, and I know it will be okay in time, but I feel so lost and I don't know how to pull it together so that he won't know what is going on with me.  I don't want him to feel bad about leaving, nor do I want him worried about me, not sure how I will get through it.  Mainly I have to stop crying before I see him again on Thursday.   My doctor is going to be upset if I don't straighten up before my chemo tomorrow.  This really hurts and it really sucks.   I do so much better when I stay in denial....

• Members
aprilmoonflower

I'm so sorry Linda. just take it an hour at a time! and remember to BREATHE!!!! you have been through worse things. I know it doesn't make it easier but it's true! you are going to be fine. though things might be hard between now and then. your sister is there with you still?

• Members

Linda, I'm so sorry you are going through all this!  Remember, even if we aren't there with you in person, we are all sending you hugs and prayers and love and blessings...

Anna

• Members

oh linda..

i am so sorry. that is so hard, and on top of everything else. the thing is, that you trust your instincts, what you now is right. and, while it will hurt, jim's problems are probably not what you need while you are getting through your chemo. it reminds me of this insipid (tho true) email i got about people being in your life for a reason or a season...when i'm not pissed off because soemone's sending it to make me "feel" better, there is a bit of truth to it. jim certainly served a huge purpose in your life...think about all the changes you made to meet him, and then going back there and reconnecting with your sister and you both helping eaach other thru your health problems....it seems that ..oh, god, seriously, listen to me!!!!! you know what i'm saying ( and you're probably laughing at me like the idiot i am!). you are so smart and so strong and so capable. and your sister is great support, and we are....

anyway, sending huge amounts of strength and hugs to you.

and to you too dorothy, vertigo sucks....the worst part is probably keeping you from zumba, right? and it is scary to be alone, to not have someone to take care of you. but that's where we all are now...you linda, me, all of us on this bb. new lives, new way of dealing with these issues, whether with the help of a sister, a trusted friend, another family memeber...it sucks, but it is.

peace,

michele

• Members

My sister doesn't know, they have been out of town for the last few days.   I don't want her to know, she worries about me too much already.   I know that this too will pass, but I love him and it is going to be really, really hard.   I think I need a lobotomy.

• Members

michelle - fundrasier is still going- and will continue till i get the 5000$ needed... however the jersey rafle ive been doing is over on Thurs Ive been having lots of friends and fam donating money also

still really down missing jer.. it was 10 months and i every day i like tj more ugh

april i know what you mean when you say oh and another thing. there is another man I am kinda interested in. though he doesn't know I'm even alive!- that how i feel with tj were such close friends he looks at me like im a sister and its frustrating!

• Members
missyouhoney811

I have been spending my days and nights on the couch when stable enough I go upstairs to bed.  What a terrible feeling.  The spinning definitely sucks big time.  I don't feel like making my diet dinners.  I have been living on graham crackers, coffee, tea and milk.  The thought of me doing Zumba makes me laugh.  I probably would take out a few walls not to mention the people.  I took my trash out Sunday and I was walking like a drunk.  I can't wait until it goes away.  The medication just makes me tired.  I have a ENT Doctors appointment on Wednesday.  I hope he is able to help me out more than my medical physician.  I am so sick in my stomach. 

Hope all of you have a good day.

I can't even go out and drink green beer with my son. 

Blessings,

Dorothy

• Members

Oh, Dorothy, I'm so sorry you are so sick still!  Have you tried any ginger?  Ginger tea always really helps my tummy when I have the stomach flu.

...I can't drink green beer even when I'm not sick...eww.  I'm a wine and cocktails girl.

Hope you feel better soon!