Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I Miss Him So...

OldGeek

• Members

the one who said 'its been 3 months get over it' did it via e mail so she got a nasty one in return with a lot of F bomb dropped and i think i even said something  like the day her fiance dies im gonna count it to 3 months and send her the same comment just so she can feel how i did as she did it on the 3 month aniv.

im over it; just hurts to know that i really dont have many 'close' friends i oculd probably count them on my hand. I am grateful for TJ (jer and james' best friend) i think everything would be harder without him... he calls me like every day just to see what im doing; we hang out go out together. we've become really close hes even called me his sister a few times lol i know he hurts cuz both his best friends are gone so at least he gets whats goin on... hes an amazing friend and im happy to have him.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aprilmoonflower

• armaiti

• mishknit

• rodless

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Anna,

I just wanted to say thank you so much your friend has a true gift. I wish I could tell you everything lets just say it could have been any better. I feel more at peace than I have in the 39 days that he has been gone. It is so strange the forces that drive us were we need to go for help again THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart

God be with you

Susan

• Members

Gillian is a psychic, and she gives readings.  She does different things for different folks...she does past life readings, she also can contact those who have passed on.  Her website is at

http://www.mysticmessenger.net/mm/

and there is an email to contact her, she could tell you more about the specifics of what she does.  Her readings are quite reasonable, compared to what some of the people who are mediums charge...I think hers is $50 for a one hour reading. 

I'm sorry for what you are dealing with, all these folks not being supportive.  I think it's harder for some folks who are younger to get it, if they haven't been through it.  And some folks are just clueless no matter what their age. 

I was remembering after Ishaq had passed, a friend's eight year old daughter was asking her mom how she could ever go to the Oregon Country Fair again if Ishaq wasn't going to be there, because for her he'd always been there.  Her mom said it made her realize that though she had known Ishaq for ten years, her daughter had known him her WHOLE life...there was never a time when he didn't exist for her.  I had told her daughter about the feathers that Ishaq seemed to be leaving for me all over, and Asha went out and found a bunch of feathers and put them upright in a bowl of sand.  It was lovely. 

Blessings,

Anna

• Members

Susan, I'm so glad that Gillian's reading was a good experience for you!  She is one of my oldest, dearest friends and she has been a great support for me over this past year and a half.  I have't had an "official" reading with her, though she has had contact with Ishaq, as they were friends too. 

Blessings,

Anna

• Members

Today I was standing in line to pay for groceries..there were these Valentine balloons floating above the registers...I had the overwhelming desire to find something long and sharp and pop them all!  I'm really sick of all the Valentine stuff I keep getting in my email...sigh

• Members
missyouhoney811

Anna, nothing seems to bother me anymore.  Lately, when I go shopping I must have blinders on because I only see what I want to.  I guess with a shield in place nothing bothers me.  On that day I will release three red baloons.  I seem to like the way they get sucked up into the high heavens.  Hope you have a good night.

Prayers and Bessings,

Dorothy

• Members

Thanks Dorothy...I do have to say it's gotten easier...they are more of an annoyance to me than making me overwhelmingly depressed, like last year...I think because it reminds me our anniversary is coming up.  12 years on February 18th.  My friend Jamila is coming up from S. Oregon, but not until the 21st, but we'll celebrate together when she's here.  I still count the anniversaries, after all, he may have left his body, but we never stopped being soulmates...that's forever. 

Blessings,

Anna

• Members
missyouhoney811

Amber, where are you?  I know you were suppose to see John Edwards but I forgot the date.  Waiting to hear about it.  Blessings....

Dorothy

• Members
missyouhoney811

Where did everyone go?  It is a very ugly day here in Pittsburgh............rainy and gloomy a good day to stay in bed.  I have been running all day. I got my hair done, went to the mall and postoffice.  Since I am on the Jenny Craig Diet I came home to have my late lunch. I will be off again back to the mall. I have no clue what I am looking for but I'll know when I find it.  I did Zumba three nights in a row.  My body is feeling it today. They say in one hour of Zumba you burn 800 calories.  We had 33 people show up for class last night. (one man).............The classes are going so well they went from 5 to 7 days/nights a week.

This coming monday 2/11 will be 18 months without my John. Lately, I just think how sick he was and how he hung on for me.  I was selfish and he was so giving.

Life is too brief to let its gifts pass you by.  Listen to your heart and do that which

makes you happy.

Blessings,

Dorothy

• Members

April, what's this about stalkers?  I haven't gotten anything wierd...you can email me privately or PM me if you don't want to put it up on the board, but I have wondered what's going on...

Dorothy, I was wondering myself where everyone was...it's been pretty quiet on the board...

I'm tired today...went to bed late because I ate chocolate cake last night to celebrate our friend's last day of chemo.  But I usually don't eat it that late, so I was up past midnight, and then got woken up this morning with all sorts of "cat-a-strophic" noises in the living room and kitchen...Turns out there was mouse in the house...which might have gotten in by way of the youngest one as one of her "toys"  Anyway...she hunted it for a while and then there was big scuffle in the kitchen and out comes my 18 year old cat with a HUGE mouse in her mouth!  Of course she drops it and I had to throw it outside, but I rewarded her with some butter, her favorite treat.

I'm putting things together for a Middle Eastern Dance Guild sale on Sunday...hoping to sell of a bunch of stuff and make some money.  Just taking each day one at a time.  I did start doing yoga again a couple of days ago, and that feels really good to me...I'm pretty strong, but I need to be flexible, and even two days of yoga has really helped how I feel and move. 

Dorothy, I'll be thinking of you on Monday.  I'm presenting at our Interfaith Service, and the theme of the evening is "Healing the Broken Heart".  That's one I think we all know.

Blessings,

Anna

• Members

:?  (Hi Group)

Had an ok day today, but boy the 2 prior were lonely ones.....  the 10th will be 19 months without Tim,  Wow, just to hear his voice.  I keep thinking of putting in some of our vcr movies of family events and then I don't quite do it.  Soon, I will.

Been trying to stay very busy and finish some home improvement projects I have started. Started too many at one time and none are completed.

Was that a joke about the stalker?  or is something really going on?

Greetings to All!

grannyCheryl

• Members
Error username not found

hi everyone. no .. there are some ppl who stalk this website and read everything we write.  therez something wrong with them. anyway thats all for now ttyL..bye.

• Members

still around- havent  been in a posting mood but  have been reading.. i didnt sleep at all thurs night it sucked- i even picked up a book and read it front to back (27 chapters)

my fundraser for Jeremys bursary will begin soon- i'm picking up my Toronto Maple Leafs jersey next weekend to raffle off (it has been signed by the whole team!) so hopefully we can make some good money off it! My neighbour is the asst. coach so I was able to get it done that way.

• Members

Missque,

Wishing you the GREATEST luck with your fundraiser, I admire your perserverance!  You go Girl!!  It sounds great.   Whether you believe in it or not I'm a praying for you and it all this weekend.

Proud of your hard work!

Cheryl  ;)

• Members

Everyone,

What do any of you suggest we do to safeguard ourselves from these 'stalkers' that find this site a toy?

All suggestions, I'd appreciate.

CH

• Members

We can't, it is a public site, that is the way it is set up.   Hopefully they will get bored and move on, or perhaps they will learn something.  Either way, there isn't much we can do to stop it.

• Members
aprilmoonflower

I have no input on the stalker issue except to say that some of the people stalking us here are family members. that said, I'm just not going to waste any more energy on it! I think what it comes down to is desperation. but we don't have to engage though. people have weird ways of dealing with their issues, yk?

otherwise I am actually having a really great week for various reasons! I haven't felt this good since DH died and my heart is happy! hoping it keeps up! ;)

• Members

:(  I guess I knew that, just is creepy!

How are you doing? Lindat?  Think of you often and the valley you have been put in. on top of all the rest.

CH

• Members
missyouhoney811

[align=left]April, I am so thrilled you are having a great week and a happy heart.  May the way you feel this week continue forever.

Linda, thinking of you and remember you are always in my prayers.

I have to get ready and go to 4:00 PM Mass.  For the next six weeks of Lent I plan on going to Mass at least twice a week. Also, continue on my 1200 calorie diet  (except when I am in Vegas lol) and do my Zumba as many times a week as possible.  I need structure in my daily life and I think this will be a start.

Blessings,

Dorothy

[/align]

• Members

grannyc- thank u for your prayers...its  still a few weeks away just in the process of getting everything together  but i  think we will be able to make a bit off the jersey (i hope) were gonna sell raffle tickets at my university so the students will want it lol

we are also thinking of ordering silicone bracelets *like live strong ones* and putting remembered and loved and selling them- that way not just ppl who knew jer but also anyone whos los someone can wear it.

• Members

i haven't had any stalkers....

at least that i know of...what's happening?

should i feel left out? LOL!

home alone, again on a sat. nite...

my son at a party....he has a much better social life than me and he's 15.

Dorothy, maybe my lenten resolution should be to get out more!

and april...glad to hear you're having a good week, anyone, i mean anything in particular?

linda..hope all is ok, always thinking about you.

peace and hugs to you all..

michele

• Members

Hi all.. 

Think the stalker problem is not general but specific to two who post here. Really don't think it affects the rest of us. I can't imagine anyone being that interested in me anyway. LOL.

I'm doing ok but fighting down days due to weather. I am so sick of winter!!!! When the dog doesn't want to stay out except to do business, it's bad. Wind chill is -21. I packed away Christmas decorations today. They've been sitting in clothes baskets for over a month so at least I felt good about that. Somedays even the littlest things seem so hard to accomplish.

Hope all of you are having a decent weekend. Nice pic, Dorothy. MJ

• Members
missyouhoney811

Michele, if you lived near me I am sure we would get together and go out. I feel much better when I am out.  I enjoyed Mass this evening.  It helps when you have a COOL priest.  His sermons are enjoyable and funny. He is definitely a priest with a personality. 

Mary Jo, don't feel bad about the christmas decorations being out.  I still have boxes in the living room with decorations.  I should call my neighbor sometime this week to take them up to the attic.  (I do not do attics or cellars/I just never liked them). 

Blessings,

Dorothy

• Members
Error username not found

guess what.. it was 60 something degrees the other day..and today it snowed and it is 21 degrees. my personal opinion..the worlds gonna end. lol. no but seriously noone understrands how serious global warming really is but i heard alot of speaches on it and going by the facts in those speaches.. the icebergs are melting WAYY faster then people originally thought and they say that by 2012 he iced bergs should be almost all the way gone and if that happens then there will be a ton of natural disasters including tsunamis.. its actually alot worse than i thought it was.

just thought id make everyone panic lol. ttyl if anyone even writes on here anymore?? lol..wutz goin on.. maybe its depression season.

• Members

I know what you mean about the weather going crazy...there was a summit here in Oregon recently, talking about how the levels of the ocean are rising and how it will affect, ie, wipe out, our oceanside communities. 

On the up side, I'm back from an evening at the Middle Eastern Dance Guild potluck and swap meet.  I sold a bunch of stuff, made over $200 and saw a great dancer, and hung out with a bunch of friends, so that was good.  I did run into one person I hadn't seen since Ishaq passed, and she had no idea he had died.  That hasn't happened in a looooong time.  I told her a little bit about how he died laughing in a river...couldn't/didn't want to get heavy into it while I was actually having a good time.

I'm three days waning myself off caffeine...this has been hard...but I'm starting to feel better, except for the headache, which is either from caffeine withdrawal or the fact that I stood up under an open cabinet door last night and hit the top of my head really hard.  I just feel I need to take better care of my body, eat better, and do more yoga and exercise. 

The weather here is warmer and milder...no rain today and none expected tomorrow, maybe even a little sun.  Hard to belive two weeks ago we were covered in snow!

Hope everyone is having a peaceful evening,

Blessings,

Anna

• Members
aprilmoonflower

lol Dorothy!  so, I went on a date today (with my kids! is that the best or what?) I am kinda sad now though. I feel like i'm cheating on my husband! anyway I survived. it is now behind me. we have another sort of date (with all 5! of our kids) next weekend.

• Members
Error username not found

april.. i know you probably had fun ..but now u feel guilty. dont make yourself go next weekend if you dont feel right. its gonna turn worse if you ignore it i think.

• Members

having a bad night and need somewhere to bitch (sorry ladies) i just wanna sleep its like 2am and i have a test in the mornring...i cant get my mind to stop thinking about jer so i cant sleep- not to mention i have a head ache and cramps :( i just wanna snuggle up with jer in my arms and sleep

it sounds werid- but i keep wishing that the funeral was happening again and again. as sad and heart breaking it was to see him laying there i just wana see his face again and to touch his hand and kiss his chest. its werid cuz i couldnt stop doing that at the funeral home and yet when my dad passed away i couldnt even go near the caskit and yet now im kissing jeremys lapel.

• Members

ok, baca..

i'm panicking! lol!

actually, we do have a way to help...VOTE!

I had an interesting experience tonite...going to a party where i knew pretty much noone..

my new years res is to get out into life...

anyway met some really neat people...and am grateful that i went. hopefully the people that said they'd call, will...all new meets, a good thing!

there were exactly 7 people i knew there..all basically tom's friends...but soem of them mine too, thru association. I didn't have to face anyone who didn't know, anna....

it has been a long time since that happaned, thank god.

we keep on, don't we.

and april..i knew it...glad you had a good time, and hope you continue too!

peace, michele

• Members

April  the best first dates are ones that  include your kids for a number of reasons. It allows you to see how they react to each other I think kids especially young ones are the best judges of character. it lets your date know that kids are a big part of your life and if the date isnt going well you have an instant out with the kids. If thingsgo well try to find time to go out without the kids too though. I know its hard, but feeling guilty is a natural reaction i think.Just try to remember that its ok to live again. Giveyourself permission to do what you want and need.

On the stalker thing, I think the best way to handle them is to ignore them. They now know that we know they are reading and that we are still posting inspite of them. How pitiful their life must be to do that kind of bullshit. To them that may know me and to those that do not i sy get a life!

becky 

• Members
missyouhoney811

April, I am happy for you. Enjoy yourself..............remember you pass this way one time. It is your life make the most of it. We all know how short it can be. No guilt and no regrets. 

"Life is the music that dances through our days, our nights and our years"

Anna, coffee is one thing I WILL NOT up.  I remember when I was in PR could not get a good cup of coffee I had such a headache.....I hope your head is feeling better.

My day yesterday was terrible.  A day that I hated everyone. I would not answer the phone. I ended up going to bed and slept for 12 hours. Hopefully today will be better. My scheduled appointment for Jenny Craig is for tomorrow but I am going this afternoon to get my food because tomorrow we are expecting snow/ice storm.

It's 1-1/2 years today for John.  It still seems like yesterday..........In my next life I decided I will come back without a heart. It hurts too much to have one.

Blessings to all.

Dorothy

• Members

Dorothy, I am thinking of you today...I'll especially keep you in my prayers tonight when I'm at the "Healing the Broken Heart" Interfaith Service.

And I decided maybe giving up caffeine right now isn't the best choice...my emotions have been out of control and I've had a headache for three days...as we speak I've given in and have some French Roast in the French press...I'll just keep cutting out the sugar and trying to eat more vegetables and fruit...

Miss, sorry you had a bad evening...we can all relate to those sleepless nights...and remember the last times we saw our beloved's physical presence...

April, glad you are having some fun as well.  It's good to hear about both the happy and sad things both that we all are going through. 

Blessings,

Anna

• Members

Update...after a cup of "real" coffee, the headache is gone,the stiff neck is gone, and I feel peaceful again...I guess caffeine is just my "drug of choice"!

Peace,

Anna

• Members

Anna..

when I quit caffeine (due to GERD), i did it slowly...

started with drinking 1/2 caf, 1/2 decaf...then less each day and then all decaf, and then no headaches when i quit entirely!

everyone needs a drug of choice tho..as long a it's not illegal!

peace,

michele

• Members

It has ben 18 weeks now since I lost Randy. I t seems llike each day brings something new for me to have to do with out him. I ordered his headstone today never thought I would ever have to do that. Then I went to the cemetary to put out flowers for Valentines Day. I am not looking forward to that day at all that is why I went today. I miss him so much! :(  My oldest son is having a really hard time with this now he is separated from his wife he can't see his son and he is missing him so much. He had a bad night the other night and I just don't know how to help him. It just seems like everything that I used to be able to do I can't now. I just want things to go back the way they were before we found out he was sick.

The weather here is so cold I just don't want to do anything but stay home.

Stay warm evryone and talk to you all again soon

Lela

• Members
missyouhoney811

Lela, I remember picking John's headstone out.  My son and I did it the day after we buried him.  I remember going through the motions and writing the check to pay for it.  Here we are 1-1/2 years later.  Time goes by so fast. Take care of yourself.

Blessings,

Dorothy

• Members
Error username not found

hi everyone..im just p*****. ive been thinking about this b**** who i lent money to and im getting really annoyed. i had $2000 dollars to my name and i f***** lent her $1500 to pay her f***** rent and she still hasnt payed me back. im f****** agravated because i NEED the money and now she has a f****** full time job and shes bs w/ it. she went and got a f******* tattoo and ive BEEN wanting to go get my tattoo..but i dont have money to waste on things like that but shes out getting f******* tattoos and going out partying and s***. im furious. i called her the other day and told her im giving her 7 months to give me the money back and i dont care how she gets it cause this is bs.. but it annoys me because i actually need it. ugh. im just in this situation temporaraly though. one day all this will be worked out and ill be in a position where i wont care about $1500.

• Members

Wow, sorry about the money thing...I agree that telling her that you'll post a claim against her is a good idea if she doesn't pay up.

It is gloriously sunny here and warm - I worked in the garden a couple of hours, and even planted some peas - snow, snap and shelling - and some purple carrots, "cinammon"  and romaine lettuce, and a sampler of radishes.   I transplanted one of my butterfly bush starts to the backyard, and cleared the leaf mulch off the garlic and strawberries.  And waded through lots of cat ****. (luckily I had on my big rubber boots).  I swear every cat in the neighborhood must have used my vegetable garden this winter.  Of course, we share the backyard with a total of four households, and we have 7 cats between us, not to mention the wild cats and the neighbor cats.  I've got the windows open to air out the house...I feel pretty good today.  It may not last - our 12 year anniversary of being together is coming up on Monday - but for now it's nice to feel peaceful and calm and happy spring is FINALLY coming.

Blessings,

Anna

• Members
missyouhoney811

Anna, we have so much snow.  I am so happy I went to Jenny Craig for my food yesterday.  No way could I make it out of the house today.  It is beautiful.........untouched snow...........so clean..........I live up in God's country not even a trace of car going down hill. 

Blessings,

Dorothy