Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members
shellbellsmom

Good morning BI.  It’s been a while since I posted.  When I have had time I had read a few pages of posts (caught up on FB some) but haven’t had enough time to comment on them. Lorrie saw the pictures of Kourney’s Klosets Birthday celebration on FB and so glad you had a nice turnout.  It’s such a wonderful way to keep Kourney’s memory alive while helping others in need.  Happy Heavenly Birthday Kourney…I envision everyday in Heaven being a massive celebration for our children. 

Susannah got chills reading about your little Mariah seeing her moms face….what a wonderful gift Stephanie gave to her… letting her know she’s is still watching over her.  

Greg thanks for sharing the wonderful story….will definitely pass in on.

Claudia enjoyed reading your post on trying to explain why God does things…..and love how you used “only separated by time and space”…need to have that thought planted in my mind to refer back to on those difficult days. When my prayers weren’t answered and I was in my “why even bother any more” stage I heard someone say the same thing to me… “Maybe God does always answer our prayers but not in the way we expected “.  I had always prayed for God to show me what I am suppose to be doing on earth….what my purpose in life was…how and what should I do to give back/help others.  Thought it might be working with the elderly….never thought it would be raising awareness, and funds for cancer research. So, he did answer my question….but it took the life of my 22 daughter to have me figure this one out.  Life is complicated….and God even more.  Why did Susannah and Betty “get spared” but all our children didn’t?  Why?

Trudi….a happy day and a nice message (video) from Mike’s friend.  I chatted with one of my daughters friends last week on FB –she said Hi to me out of the blue….and just wanted to know how I was feeling…and to let me know she was thinking about me and my girl.  Such a wonderful feeling isn’t it.

Missed reading all your posts….hopefully I will find more time to keep up with them.  Still planning on going to Little Rock in July to meet everyone.  Looking forward to it. 

Take Care and wishing everyone some peace...and that spring will arrive soon. 

Sue (Michelle’s mom)  

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Lorri, thinking of you today as you celebrate Kourtney!! Happy Birthday Kourt!!!

• Members

Happy Birthday Kourtney...

• Members

[user=19489]shellbellsmom[/user] wrote:

“Maybe God does always answer our prayers but not in the way we expected “.

I had always prayed for God to show me what I am suppose to be doing on earth….what my purpose in life was…how and what should I do to give back/help others.  Thought it might be working with the elderly….never thought it would be raising awareness, and funds for cancer research. So, he did answer my question….but it took the life of my 22 daughter to have me figure this one out.  Life is complicated….and God even more. 

Dear Sue, I agree wholeheartedly,  Thank YOu for your acceptance and insight into the subject.

Hi Indigos

Still over cast in NYC but I do hope I can get out shop, see a movie etc before I get cabin fever.  Dee It sounds as if you did that last night  Sounds like you had fun.

Lorrie Thinking of you and your Beautiful daughter on this her special day.  Dan the Card was so special-what a creative talent you are!!

Greg Thanks for your poem "Enough" and when I think about it I have always had "More Than Enough"  I just want MORE!!!:?

Susannah  and Kathy thanks for your share about your little Grandchild and there visions and thoughts  Very Powerful

Betsy and Trudie  I am sure you will be able to find some beautiiful shots today when you venture out with your camera.

Leah Let us know about the tooth

Carol I hope your sister is doing well and that little Damon is making your heart smile.

Sherry and Dee it is so strange I donot have special birds in the City  Pigeons and sparrows but they now recognize me whe I come out of the apartment house with food for my squirrel.  They fly in front of me chipping and looking for food.  So guess what I now have to feed them too  It is amazing that the awareness the small little creatures have  They touch my soul!!

Amy, Rosie, Pam Deneance. Beth , Colleeen , Claudia, Lynn, Sonya Terrie and all Indigoa have a Blessed day

Betty

Stephen'smom:)

• Guests

Good morning, Indigo's,

Dee - I'm so glad you had a good time with your coworkers last night.  Laughter is so healing. 

Not much to report this morning.  I think I'm in a state of "wonder".  An 8.8 earthquake hit Chile this morning.  It sure makes me think about the universe and how vast it all is.  How powerless we all really are.  In searching for concrete answers about God and why things happen I have come to the conclusion I don't know much.  Just when I think I have it all figured out something happens that causes me to question my beliefs.  I guess the bottom line is I'm willing to be happy and content with not knowing. 

I continue to "pray" because it makes me feel better.  If nothing else, it takes me out of myself. 

Thinking of you, Lorri and your family. 

Much love,

Susannah/Stephanie's mom

• Members

Yahoooooooooo!

The plow came through

I still pray but where as before I thought God heard me, sometimes now I am not sure. I was talking about this with a friend. I always prayed for family,friends, for world peace, no earthquakes and the prevention of glaciers running into the other..( news).I even prayed for the ex :-)....like Dan said, if he didn't believe he wouldn't believe that he would see Nick again.  I believe and pray but am not so sure of the connection.

Not exactly sure how death is sparing anyone, except from life. and some of our children has endured many hardships on earth..suffering takes many forms.

Betsy,mysonRich

I'm free...........................

• Guests

Betty - I am so touched by your gentle heart.

Betsy - The picture you posted is exactly how I felt after Steph died.  So funny.

I think my son's new puppy may have saved me.  I felt joy, real joy, watching it bounce and play with my son this morning.  This fat, huge, little puppy romping through the snow and following my 6'2" son everywhere he went.  So sweet.

This cold seems to have gotten the best of me today.  I had a lot of plans today, but I think I will settle for rest.

Susannah/Stephanie's mom

• Members

Hi Everyone, Yes, prayers and hope for the people of Chili, how suddenly things can change and cause so many stories of both survival and loss. Who chooses, who controls? Just as I said when Eri was struck by the train, we don't get to know why, what we have to figure out has to do with HOW.

How do we gather all of our broken parts and find ways to move again, forward, back, sideways, movement that takes one from the day of impact to the next and the next. As we all know, it is hour to hour for the first several weeks or months, and eventually half days, full days...and in each experience we are finding out HOW to do this thing of life, how do we continue to do daily things for the people we love while our hearts are shattered and some of the pieces are gone adn there is no glue. But it is in the daily grind, the making dinner, driving to work, taking walks, that we find glue. The daily is our glue. It just is enough to hold our limbs to our torso, our head to our shoulders, a big wind could knock us down with ease, until one day, a big wind doesn't knock us down, and we realize that we are learning HOW to go forward in some way.

I dreamed of Eri last evening, in many ways she took on the attributes of my little girl students, but she did some things that were purely Eri in the dream. She was about 7 or 8 and I had to leave her with someone while I ran errands, but apparently I did not ask her if this was okay, so as I waved to her from across a street, waving goodbye, she looked at me adn ran across the street right into my body. Charging me, and I knew that while she did something dangerous as running across a street without looking, I said, " oh, I didn't ask you if it was ok to leave you with them right?" And she had her head buried in my shoulder and she shook her head yes, and said in a muffled voice, "yes". I apologized and we left the area together.

I was left feeling sad, missing the Girl of my dreams on this grey day.

Kath, I love that Tav said that Mom is all white and the snow are the feathers of angels wings. Love that. A way to see the beauty of HIs MOmma in all things. I hope that you are feeling some sort of peace as you have been going through a great deal of push-pull with your Son. Prayers for him and for you all.

Sus, I did have a nice time last evening with my teaching buds. IT has been a hard couple of weeks with some of my students, one in particular. I cannot send him to 4th grade if his behavior adn his academic ability don't improve drastically but he is in my opinion depressed. Sadness and his life holds so little magic. I want him to have some drive to do well, drive to learn so that he can create some magic. My heart breaks for what he is unable to put forth.

Betty, was it you the other day that said that you are now volunteering with homeless and school children? What a goodness you provide in your work with those most forgotten. One day, someone your heart touched will look at the sky and think of you as they feel some sort of respite that resembles what you gave them. We give and it gives on and on and on, we do make a difference in this world, and I do believe our Angels must be so glad of this. The sparrows are little wonders, they must have clocks to measure when we are coming to feed them

Betsy, love the graphic. Bake anything lately?

Sue, good to see your Michelle here. How is therapy going, are you finding the assistance for PTSD?

Leah, Cindy, Lynn, Lyn, Dan, Greg, Trud, Claudia, Bonnie, Pam, Rosie, Deneace, and so many Wonderful Others, Love to you,

dee

• Members

HI to Beth adn Amanda and Lorri and Colleen too, and everyone I did not name;

Here is a little musical gift on this winter day.

I promise, one day this song will play in your hearts again, until then, let George Harrison play it for you with the promise of spring.

• Guests

Dee - The song and video put an instant smile on my face.  So many stars in one place.  That had to be in the late 70's, early 80's???  Did you check out the hair?  And, George Harrison is hot!

Susannah

• Members

Yep, it was a hair time. Love my George too, all the time. My Sweet Lord rings in my heart and head.

Glad you are smiling, hope you rest and get well.

dee

• Members

Deneace, how beautiful your BJ is, always will be.

dee

• Members

Kourtney, all the colors in the world are in you as you fly over the world, dropping love from your wings.

This is a great date, one that will always ring of joy in your Family's hearts.

Long may you run.

dee

• Members

As Buddah said on His Death Bed-

Impermanent are all created things;

Strive on with awareness.

And in the introduction to Buddhism;

To do no evil;

To cultivate good;

To purify one's mind:

This is the teaching of the Buddhas.

--The Dhammapada

With this, I bid you all a beauty of a day.

• Members
andrewsmother

Hope you guys enjoy this...makes me so sad!

Love Rosie,Andrew's mom

• Members

"because the snow is white and mommy is white because she is an Angel and I think she is having a party with other Angels and they are shaking their wings and that's where the snow comes from, all the feathers from the Angels"....

Don't know how you kept it in Kathy - the simplicity the innocence.

what I am suppose to be doing on earth….what my purpose in life was…how and what should I do to give back/help others. 

Sue - Yes it does warm the heart to hear from your kids friends.  There were many at Mike service I didn't recognise, they were grown with children of their own. Mike had been out of school for 14 yrs!  Something my mind didn't connect with.

I had always had this notion in my heart and soul I was here to give back.  The job with 000 (911) was my ultimate.  To be able to render assistance to people in their time of extreme need wasn't just a job.

Dee - The dream wish I'd paid attention in 'Dream Interpretation 101'.  Maybe your heart, missing Tink so, took your mind places.  The young Eri, you not clearing it was okay to leave her, her taking that risk to be with you, fusing of energy......not sure.  Sorry it left you sad - hopes for a brighter day.

Love the George Harrison clip - know all the 'dudes' in the band...brillant talent.  Imagine the band he travels with now!

Susannah - Ahh Puppy Love.  Muttley was given the hard task of making me breath, move and eventually smile.  Big ask for a little pup, but as you can see by the pics....he has done an excellent job.

Betsy - Whaaaahooooo.  Freedom is a snow plow!  Hope you can take a safe step out today. 

Betty - Hoping you make it out today.  I saw the movie Blindside with Sandra Bullock.  Apart from learning so much about Gridiron - It was a great movie.  Hope you get to see a movie and stop for a coffee/cake break!

Lorri - Hearts to you as you reminisce on Kourtneys day.  Hope the family gathering brings much laughter seasoned with just a few tears....

Today is a bittersweet day.  Steven John (my baby) is 32 today.  There were times when I didn't think he would make his 21st let alone 32.  He is now older than Mike. I'm not in the abyss - just another useless fact that marks time going by.

Its also the day Charley goes home to him. 

Grandies Em & Caleb slept over so we are 'doing breakfast' and checking out the local shops.

Then one last walk with Charley ~ Kinda gonna miss her..:(

• Members

WOW SO MANY AWESOME PPL ON HERE...SO MANY THANKS AND TEARS FOR YOU THINKING OF MY GIRL AND ME/US

GREG LOVED THE SONG...SHE SURE IS RUNNING NOW...WELL AT LEAST WALKING FAST SO SHE DONT MUS HER HAIR....LOL

KIMBERLY UNEMPLOYEED TEXT AND HASNT CAME IN "MAY COME TOM"....YOU NO IF SHE JUST CAME THURSDAY AND CELEBRATED AT KOURTNEYS KLOSET WITH US WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE...BUT PROB WONT BE HERE AGAIN TODAY....

AND IF REALLY TRUTHFULLY BRENT CLD JUST TEXT "THINKING OF YOU" WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT BUT NOT A DAMN THING...

IT REALLY ANGRES (SP) ME CUZ JUST A LIL BIT FRON THESE 2 AND A CRAPPY DAY COULDA BEEN BARABLE....

ANYWAYS I HAVE YAL AND THANK GOD I DO...YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY , THAT MY FIRST THOUGHT WHEN I WOKE UP WAS "AH ****, IM ALIVE"......NOT SUCH A RUFF DAY...THANK YAL SO MUCH I LOVE YAL EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU AND YOUR ANGELS VERY VERY MUCH..:)

post-22932-128153898128_thumb.jpg

• Members
andrewsmother

"WHO CAN SAY FOR CERTAIN , MAYBE YOU'RE STILL HERE, I FEEL YOU ALL AROUND ME, YOUR MEMORY SO CLEAR. DEEP IN THE STILLNESS, I CAN HEAR YOU SPEAK, YOU'RE STILL AN INSPIRATION CAN IT BE. THAT U ARE MY FOREVER SON, AND ARE YOU WATCHING OVER US FROM UP ABOVE. FLY ME UP TO WHERE U ARE, BEYOND THE DISTANT STAR, I WISH UPON TONIGTH TO SEE YOU SMILE,IF ONLY FOR A WHILE TO KNOW YOU'RE THERE, A BREATH AWAYS NOT FAR TO WHERE YOU ARE. LIE GENTLY SLEEPING, HERE INSIDE MY DREAM, AND ISN'T FAITH BELIEVING, ALL POWER CAN'TBE SEEN, AS MY HEART HOLDS YOU , JUST ONE BEAT AWAY, I CHERISH ALL YOU GAVE ME EVERYDAY. CAUSE YOU ARE MY FOREVER LOVE, WATCHING US FROM UP ABOVE, AND I BELIEVE THAT ANGELS BREATHE , AND THAT LOVE WILL LOVE ON, AND NEVER LEAVE FLY ME UP TO WHERE YOUARE, BEYOND THE DISTANT STAR, I WISH UPON TONIGHT TO SEE YOU SMILE IF ONLY FOR A WHILE TO KNOW YOU'RE THERE, A BREATH AWAYS NOT FAR TO WHERE YOU ARE."

• Members
andrewsmother

Hey Indigos..

Happy weekend to all...have been reading all your posts, Dee..you are such a wise wise woman...bless you, you bring so much wisdom and knowledge to all of us.

Amy, hope you're hanging on tight my friend, I know you're probably coming out of your shock and feeling the pain.

Colleen, thank you my friend for thinking about me.

Susannah, you crack me up, love to read your posts.

Greg...love the story....PRAY YOU ENOUGH! beautiful

Sue...nice to hear from you again

Kathy thinking of you and BJ...praying for him

Lynn, Betty Bonnie, Terry,Sherry, ,Trudy, Leah, Mary, Maryann and the rest of the Indigos...sending love your way.

Still in a dark place, really feeling the void my baby has left, I know I'm in a normal stage of grieving, dealing with the reality that I'm finally accepting.

At least all is well at home with the king...been spending time with Chris, I don't ever want him to feel as though all my attention is going to Andrew. Went out for sushi last night with Chris and the lady of the house where the car Andrew was in ended up...I told you guys that story some time back. She had her son with her as well.. Bless her heart, I feel so comfortable with her, she talks about Andrew openly, it makes me feel good. Last night as we were having dinner, and talked, I felt as if Andrew was with us...no...scratch that...Andrew was with us...I felt him...

As is my usual...a lazy saturday recouping from the week...

To all my indigo friends....I pray you Enough

Rosie, Andrew's mom

post-41012-128153898129_thumb.jpg

• Members

HAPPY HEAVENLY BIRTHDAY, BEAUTIFUL KOURTNEY.

Susannah-----How sweet that little Mariah saw her dear mom last night.

Seeing her mom must really warm her little heart. Bless her.

Dee & Rosie-----Oh, thanks for the songs. I like George Harrison's music,

and Eric Clapton has always been my absolute fav. Josh Groban has a

great voice, and his words......"who can say for certain" are so true.

Betty----How's your little squirrel doing?  He, and the pigeons must know

when you are coming out with the food for them, and let you know by 'chipping'

a greeting to you. Yep, these little creatures sure do warm the heart that is

chilled by sorrow and loss.  Peace & comfort to you, friend.

Davey&Lisasmom,    Sherry  

• Members

I forgot to tell your guys.I had a dream about Brian. We were in the hearse with Brian laying there and I saw his eyes flutter.Then he opened them and looked around like what is going on. I said to him ...Brian! your not supposed to be doing this and he said to me don't let them bury me twice.Right before I woke up we were walking around the garage at the funeral home trying to figure out how this happened.But I have to tell you it was soo cool looking into those big brown eyes again. 

• Members

Hello all Indigo's -

Susannah - no problem...I love photo bucket.

Trudi - yes, hearing Tavian talk about his mommy and all other Angels was music to my ears but hard to keep the tears from falling listening to him.  He keeps me breathing and smiling even when I am at my lowest.

Thank you everyone for your prayers, I can use all I can get. God will answer in his time and I know I have to be patient and trust in him.....which I do, but sometimes I wonder why he trusts me so much....

Dee - love the dream you had about your Eri but sorry it left you feeling down...hugs to you.

Well, I did accomplish cleaning out the filing cabinet today in Barry's office...been trying to get to it for a long time so just made my mind up to do it...the things we save.  But, as I was going through file folders I came across Jessica's file from when she was in St. Francis Heart Hospital...very thick and as I looked through each and every piece of paper I was taken back to those five days, of what those doctors put my girl through and no answer's, just test after test, some that left her so exhausted and I remember waiting outside her room as they took more blood from her and hearing her cry because it hurt and she was just plain tired of going through it all. All those tests and they could not save my girl....I put the folder away...

I am tired tonight so am going to watch a movie with Tavian.

I love you all, did read all the post's and am thinking of each of you.

angels_glitter_graphics_04.gif?t=1267320703

• Members

WOW THAT SONG KNOCKED ME OVER...JUST A WONDERFUL SONG...YAL ARE SO THOUGHT FUL...SO GIVING SO CARING....THANK YAL SO MUCH...I HOPE TO POST A PIC ITS A MOSQUITO OR IS IT A FAIRY?????

post-22932-128153898131_thumb.jpg

• Guests

Lorri - I looked at the pictures of your dinner and decorating Kourtney's grave on FB.  In the picture of you and your hubby by Kourtneys grave, there are three distinct orbs.  Did you see them?

Susannah/Stephanie's mom

• Members

YES I DID..I ALWAYS LOOK FOR ORBS...DONT LOOK MUCH LIKE A CELEBRATION...WE ALL LOOK SO SAD...BECAUSE WE ARE...BUT WE TRIED TO CELEBRATE..

• Guests

there are more orbs around you guys too.  A really big one that you posted on FB.  Yes.  The sadness shows.  But, more than that, the love your family has for each other shows! 

• Members

Goodnight All, may you sleep like children that have gone sledding all day long, and may your dreams be sweet, your energy charged for morning.

Lorri, She will always rest in your love.

Rosie, thanks for that song, so mighty and beautiful. I know you are a realist, knowing that this piece of grieving is normal for the situation, the timing and everything, but it is foreign to your soul, to your spirit, so be kind to YOU. I am glad tht you are aware of how Chris might be feeling. I think that Andrew must be very proud of how you and he have worked to stay tuned in to each other. You are a good Mom Rosie, your Boys love you each.

Greg, I am glad that you had a chance to look into the deep brown eyes of Brian.

Sherry, glad that you like George Harrison. He was a good man that George. Played from his heart.

Maryanne, how are you? Are you still snowed in or has it begun to melt and free you?

Full moon shining in and tucking me in.

Love,

dee

• Members

Lorri, love the photo with the orbs at the cemetery/ sorrythough that you are sad. I hope today wil shine a new slant of sunlight for your heart.

C A R O L are you possibly without power? I heard thatparts of the northeast still are without power so my hope is that you are warm and fine.

Rosie, the song wil I see you in heaven is quite a powerful one, I remember when Eric Clapton's little Boy died, I remember driving on the highway when it was reported on the radio news, and I wept. He wrote that song from a place inside that we know all so well, that hole.

HOpe today is a good one for Everyone here.

Love,'dee

• Members

Good Morning Indigos

Yesterday was a nice reprieve from the cold here I NYC  It was warm enough to walk to the stores and movie theater.  I saw  The Ghost Writer which is Roman Polansky film and was low key but very enjoyable.  Trudie thanks for the recommendation.  I do like Sandra Bullock and will see it next week when it arrives at the local theater. Today looks good as well but I will be indoors watching the Olympics and the Hockey game.

Dan  Thank you so very much for posting my Friends Memorial on your "Never Lose Faith Site."  She called last night simply overjoyed at the gesture.  Thanks again

Gregg I am so glad you did get to look into those beautiful eyes again What a gift.

Trudie I hope your walk with Charley was fun  I know you and Mutley will miss him. I do hope your Steven enjoyed his birthday   He should be very proud of his accomplishments.

Dee Thank you for all your insights as Rosie said  You are a very wise women and we need your clarity here

Rosie loved the beautiful picture of Andrew  Keep them coming  I love seeing our angels.

Lorrie  I am glad you did get thru the Day surrounded by warm memories and supported by your fellow  Indigos. Kourtney is very proud.

Betsy  Your Posting looked like me when I awaken in the AM  I hope you  and Leah and Mary Ann and Beth are doing OK

Sherry, Thank you for your kind warm thoughts

Susannah  I went to Olive Garden last night and we had a 10 minute wait and I did not do well I thought of you and how patient you were and tried to be good.

Claudia, Kathy, Terrie, Deneance, Amy, Sonya,Lynn, Carol and all Indigos  have a peaceful day

Betty

Stephen'smom

• Members

Hi all my BI Friends,

Just a quick note to tell you I am fine.  The trip was long.. I never new 100 miles could be so long.  It was thick fog the whole way.  I almost turned around.. but I couldn't even find the exits.. so just drove..  glad I had left in the wee early hours, there was little traffic and I drove white knuckled all the way.  Didn't see where I was until I got to where I was goiing.  I ended up the 7th car in the parking lot, we played the lets see who gets out first game, and wouldn't youknow it, a car that pulls up an hour later gets out first :-)  I ended up about 10 in line, we stood for 1 1/2 hours.  My toes were about crying when we finally made it in.  I was first extraction, the dentist office was so nice.  This pulling hurt more than my last and some reason he said he put a stitch in it.  More powerful pain meds too.. that I couldn't take til I got home cause they make you drowsy.  I am thankful to be home, and get things back to normal, (I take that back.. I don't know normal ) :-)  Thanks for all the good wishes, prayers, and thoughts.  Your safe this time.. I have read posts, but my brain isn't working to write.. so next time I will write more :-)

Love to all

Leah/JaBoa's grandma

• Members

HHHHHOOOOORRRRRAAAAYYYY leah, you are home and the bad tooth is gone. I am so glad that you found your way there adn back and now some healing.

love,

dee

• Members

Hi Leah, I was thinking about you yesterday keeping in mind it was your dentist appt day. Good to hear that you made it through the fog and pain and on the road to recovery.

I'm going out to watch the hockey game,USA/Canada. I feel like I'm sloughing through fog and thick soup, but I am going. Normal..a half second of the new normal drains me. :(

Betsy,mysonRich

• Members

Trenton David 3, and Canyon 5.......My grandies. 

post-9024-128153898134_thumb.jpg

• Members

Yikes---Sorry the pic is so large, but I had a terrible time trying to upload

it to BI. (I still have a bit of trouble with the pics.....I just "bumble" my way.:?

Leah----So glad that you had the tooth pulled and that you will now recover soon.

Good warm wishes for everyone at BI.

Davey&Lisasmom,   Sherry

• Members

Sherry:  Your grandies are beautiful...the one on the left (Trenton David?) looks a lot  like his Uncle Davey...

Dee:  Yes, we've had no power since Thursday evening.  Thursday night wasn't too bad (thanks to the new windows, I guess).  Friday night we slept under 6 blankets, but Saturday it got too cold in the house...temp inside was 45 and going down...hubby can't breathe that cold air for that long, so we drove to MA to the Air Force base and took a room there.  There were NO hotel rooms around here...all taken by those without power, and they also had booked many for the truly wonderful people who gave up their time to come here from other states to help restore power.  Our grandson, Davis came by this morning and called us to tell us the power was back on.  Needless to say, it wasn't long before we were on the road home!  On the way, we saw a convoy of 17 cherry picker/construction trucks from Michigan, coming into NH to help.  Still 200,000 or so without power...so I guess the hotels will still be full.  (there were actually a couple of hotels closed for no power, also.)  All day Thursday, all day Friday and Friday night, it poured rain, the wind blew til I thought we would wind up in the next county!  Trees down everywhere.  Power poles, dominoed, down on the ground like toothpicks.  SOOOO glad to be back home, and so glad that we haven't heard of any casualties around here.  So, so sad to hear about Chili, though...just awful. 

I've read all the posts, but just too many to post on...just know that I am so glad to be back here on BI, back with everyone here...also so glad to be in our warm home again.  Hubby knew my priorities when he saw what I took with us (the neighborhood was SO dark and deserted, I was afraid of break-ins, as there had been some in a neighboring town)...I took pics of our kids, plus our external hard drive that has all our pictures and info on it (or at least most of them), I took my mother's jewelry, and I took the folder that holds my Red Sox tickets in it for the upcoming season!  Hubby said he was glad he could walk on his own, because he didn't want to know if I would have bothered taking him or not...he's just too funny...I let him stew on that one for a bit:cool:...maybe he'll cook supper! 

Lorri:  So sorry I missed Kourtney's birthday...I am glad that you were with family, and sorry that Kimberly and Brent didn't think to make contact with you.  I loved the pic with the "fairy" in it...looks like a fairy to me! 

Leah:  so glad you got your tooth taken care of and had a safe trip there and back.  Hope the aftermath of the extraction subsides soon.

My sister is recovered, doing well, and happy she is back home.  Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and concern. 

hope you all have a good evening and a good week ahead.

love and peace,  carol  mikesmomrs

• Members

Oh Carol, so glad you are safe, I heard about the winds and worried about you, and I love the list of priorities you gave. Husband is a hoot isn't he? Love that he said that, he sounds like my husband. Go Michigan, they came and helped you guys out. NOw stay warm, we have 38 degreees today and predictions of the 40's next week.

Sherry, those boys are gorgeous, glad that the big size uploaded, I like to see things clearly, these eyes don't work as they once did. So thanks for showing us those beauty boys and I do agree with Carol, the young fellow on the left looks like his Uncle Davey.

US tied to Canada, going to overtime/ hockey.

My husband downloaded a recording he came across from the Bonaroo Concert 2003 that ERi attended. We have the concerts from that three day concert, but this recording he found of Neil Young's time on stage is so clean and strong  that it makes me shiver with excitement. I love knowing that I am listening to the same lyrics, the same guitar rifts and all that my Girl heard adn loved that June night in 2003 in Tennessee. She had the very best time of her life she told us when she returned. And when we asked of all the bands she experienced, who she liked best, I was blown away with her answer of Neil Young.

Neil had long been one of my musical heros, since 1970 I had been a huge fan, and certainly my kids heard plenty of Neil YOung growing up. Eri never felt one way or the other when she heard Neil young, but after witnessing him on stage with his amazingly huge energy and ability, she felt that he was her favorite.

Her words, " mom, he's old and he just kept on rocking, he just didn't stop, and it was all great!" So she came to our house on her way back to Michigan from Tennesse and was going to visit her Daddy too, a few blocks away. And so when I walked her a few blocks to her Dad's that same night, she sang, "Hey hey, my my, rock and roll will never die" from down the block to me as she waved, and I sang, " You are like a hurricane, there's a storm in your eye..." And I remember feeling the joy as she was experiencing life in such grand ways, with great friends. I will forever be grateful that she went to Bonaroo. She had asked me months prior if I would be interested in getting her a ticket for her birthday. I tried but they were all sold out and so she had faced not going while 5 of her friends were going. She accepted it, but when the friends tickets came, there were 6 in the envelope. Nobody knew how that happened, but I kind of think that this last concert, this first time going to something liek this would be her last time too, and she was meant to attend. Because she received this ticket on the wings of some grand angel, she said she would drive everyone. And she did, in her 12 year old Cadillac that her Daddy bought her for high school graduation, buying it from his Mom. It may have been more duct tape than chrome but nevertheless.

And so I am listening to the clearest guitar work and sweetest lyrics ever written, recorded on a night that would see my dread-locked Girl dancing in the mud covered ground for 4 hours back in June of 2003.

Here's to You Girl of my Dreams, My Cowgirl in the Rust, My Ruby in the Dust. I am immersed in that which gave you joy.

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Carol, so glad you are safe and your electricity is back on. It's awful to be without power when it's that cold...and dangerous for those who try to stick it out and use unsafe heating sources that expose them to carbon monoxide and house fires. I remember a Valentine's Day ice storm we had in Illinois, back when. We were without power for five days, and the sightings of convoys as you described were the same. Trucks came from lots of different states to help out. Hope the 200,000 are up and running SOON!! Stay safe and warm!! xoxoxo ~Claudia

• Members

HI Indigos

Dee and Betsy I know you were watching the  Game and I am sorry that USA lost in overtime but it was still a good game.

Sherry Loved the size of the picture.  Thank you for taking the time to post them.    Your grand babies are beautiful  I think I see Davey in both of them. 

Dee I loved reading your remembering Eri  Favorite Concert,  How special the way the ticket showed up and it warmed my heart to hear your exchange back and forth.  Stephen "loved" Bruce and to feel his energy and excitment when he returned from one of Bruce's  concerts is a memory I will always treasure.

Carol I am so glad you and Hubby are safe.  Wow Having to move out to a hotel for a few days is something.  You and Hubby are a beautiful couple  I love the way you interact.

Leah  So very glad that you have had your tooth removed  and are recovering  Take good care of yourself.

Claudia  Glad to see Joey and read your wisdom

Beth, Rosie, Amy Kim  Mary Ann, Sue, Susannah thinking of you

Betty

Stephen'smom:)

• Members

Betty...No problem I am glad she found joy in it.

Greg...That dream is amazing. I keep thinking one night i'll have a dream but have not as of yet. I know the wife and daughter has and to me that is great and if me now having one means they will continue I can live with that.

Was nice enough yesterday actually got to take Nicks car out for a bit. Really like that car. Got home put it back in the garage and found myself telling one of my daughters Chihauhua's about the car and about Nick. Then realized not only did this dog (she had 2 others) not know Nick we got her afterwards, but she is a dog and has no idea what I am talking about. But, as dumb as it was she actually looked interested.

• Members

Lorrie - love the "fairy" pic, beautiful. I know of the sad place you are in and my heart sends you love and warmth.

Dee - thank you for sharing a "moment in time" with your Eri...it uplifts me when I read of a wonderful memory one of us as about our precious child. I can see you now smiling as you lose yourself in the music and dreams.

Another lazy day with Tavian, well I should not say lazy as he keeps me busy. Today we were building a big boat out of wood...they are quite fun, you get them at Micheal's Crafts, they are pre-cut wood and you just have to fit the pieces all together....well, they say EASY but we worked on it for 2 hours and not even a quarter of the way done.....gotta love it.

Leah - so happy your tooth is fixed, you got home safe and now can rest and get better....

Sherry - love the big pic...what beautuful grandies you have...

Carol - glad your electric is back...we have been lucky so far as to not lose power but also because we have not had the amounts of snow thay have been predicting. Will be thankful when the spring arrives.

Love to all, sleep well and beautiful dreams....Kathy

• Members

Carol----I'm so glad that you are back home safe, and that you have power,

and hopefully that the wild weather is over. Trenton David does look a bit

like Davey---I think. So glad that your sister is recovering.

Betty---&  Kathy--Thanks for your kind words that Trenton looks like Davey. I

believe he does too.

Dee----Your story of ERi going to the Bonnaroo concert, and liking Neil Young

so much is a great memory, and you are able to feel all the energy she felt

whenever you watch the video of the concert. I had not thought to get a copy

of the concerts Davey went to....one of the Rolling Stones, and another that he

and his older bro went to.......(Metallica I believe, not sure). I could ask Ian, the

friend that he went to the  Rolling Stones concert with, and see which one it was.

Don't think I could talk my husband into watching a Stones video, though :).

I so know how much energy ERi had after returning from the concert. Dave also

had so much energy, and was so pumped up after the Metallica concert.

Trenton does look like Davey, and when he is older ( or whenever he asks), I will

tell him (and brother Canyon) all about their Uncle Dave.  

Davey&Lisasmom,   Sherry  

• Members

Kathy-thanks for sharing Tavian’s thoughts on the snow and his mother. I read that yesterday as it was snowing here. It made me smile thinking Jessica, Ashley & all our angels were having a party. My mother-in-law said as soon as Ashley got there, she would organize a huge party, because that was the way Ashley lived life. I’ve been having a really hard time this week & Tavian’s words helped me snap out of that bad place for awhile.

Carol-glad you have power again. Smiled when you mentioned having to grab your Red Sox tickets. My daughter and I are huge Cleveland Indians fans, and I bought tickets for the Indians season opener for Christmas for my younger daughter. Ashley always loved the Indians too, so it will be bittersweet, but I am really looking forward to it. I think this will help Katie, she is counting the days till that game.

Sherry-Both your grandsons look like Davey, especially Trenton. They are both adorable.

Rosie-You are just a little further along in this journey than I am, so we’re probably feeling about the same right now. Eric Clapton’s song would bring me to tears even years ago.

Leah-glad you got your tooth taken care of. One of my favorite memories is going to an Indians game last spring with Ashley & Katie. I was miserable because I had an abcessed tooth that just got worse as the night went on, but now looking back, that is the last time we all went to a game together. I wish I could go back in time. A couple of days later, I was still in a lot of pain, waiting for the infection to go away so I could get the tooth pulled. Out of the blue Ashley called & had bought tickets for her & her sister to go to another Indians game & watch them play the Yankees. That was just Ashley, spur of the moment.

To everyone else, thanks for all your posts. I read them all and “pray you enough”

Amy

• Members
heartbeataway

Dan,

I can see the little dog turning that little head and looking at you as you told your story. Sweet!

Carol,

Glad you're warm again! And hey, a girl has got to have priorities! Your hubby is funny! Good to hear your Sis is going well ......

Dee,

Love hearing about Eri!

Trenton David and Canyon ......... Sherry, they're beautiful! Those smiles!

"half second of a new normal drain me" ...... Betty, you're getting out there. Good for you!

Leah, almost pain free Leah ...... wishing you well ......