• Members

MICHAEL WEST'S SONG

SAVE A PLACE FORME...SAYS IT ALL

Don't be mad

If I cry

It just hurts so bad, sometimes

'Cause everyday it's sinking in

And I have to say goodbye all over again

You know I bet it feels good to have the weight of this world off your shoulders now

I'm dreaming of the day when I'm finally there with you

(Chorus)

Save a place for me

Save a place for me

I'll be there soon

I'll be there soon

Save a place for me

Save some grace for me

I'll be there soon

I'll be there soon

I have asked the questions why

But I guess the answers for another time

So instead I pray, with every tear

And be thankful for the time I had you here

(Chorus)

I wanna live my life Just like you did

Make the most of my time Just like you did

And I want to make my home up in the sky Just like you did

Oh, but until I get there...

Until I get there...

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Colleen - thanks for the visual.  Amazingly olive oil makes for smoooooth skin ;)

Betsy - Love the Squirrel!!! 

Dee - I remember your 'disclaimer' on meeting you.  Short fuse wasnt evident but passion  with everything you do I saw that!

Sue - Its hard to know how this short fuse relates to grief.  I used to be able to deal with the hardest of calls (abusive) without once raising a sweat.  Now the slightest thing sets the heart racing and I feel this rush welling up inside....not who I once was.

Kathy - Hope you are taking care of yourself - knowing we are all with you

Betty - You know you are in my thoughts...

Carol - Wow...you are the same person I met in MN!!!  I actually met a young couple in Honolulu who were 'holidaying' with their young family. They were stationed in Guam..

Greg and Dan -Thanks...the technology blindsides me alot.  Still working on how the telephone works!

Lynn - Its the sun...the orb in the sky that warms the soul.  We have stuff falling from the sky - feels wet!! 

I love that we share the happiness in our lives, the milestones and the music that underscores  our journey......

Carol - took the liberty of altering to fit all here.........

[align=center]"Speak not in grief that they are no more, but in thankfulness that they were"

[/align]

Haircut...shopping with a touch of thunderbolts and lightening....:shock:

• Members

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET STEPHEN..STEPHEN STEPHEN

KATHY JUSTSO HARD WHAT U HAD TO GO THRU...AT WORK IM SORRY...HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGNNNNN U

• Members

[align=center]:dude: Happy Birthday Stephen :dude:[/align]

Send your mom a sign,

let her know how close you are all the time

watching over her and

smiling at her taking one step at a time.

Love you Betty, 

Marcia        Bethanys Mom Forever

• Members

Happy Heavenly Birthday, Stephen!

Lorri & Sue-Thanks for posting the songs. They made me cry, but were beautiful & so true.

Carol-It was such a hard decision having Ashley cremated. They asked us what we wanted to do, but I'd never really thought I'd have to make that decision in my lifetime. In the end, we decided to have her cremated because who knows if we'll stay in Ohio the rest of our lives, and how could I ever leave her here if she was buried. My husband went & picked up the ashes, I just could not go.

Lynn-I wish I would get a sign from Ashley, just so I know she's ok. I hope Kayla & Ashley let us know somehow that they are ok and watching over us.

Hugs to everyone.

• Members

DEAR STEPHEN.....HAPPY HEAVENLY BIRTHDAY. 

WRAP YOUR ANGEL WINGS AROUND YOUR MOM'S SOUL AND

SEND HER WARM THOUGHTS INTO HER HEART.

• Members

Kathy----Such a handsome man, ...your brother, Billy. So young to leave;

and his little Michael is sweet as can be.  Don't worry about telling us here

at BI about your son. As someone said.....it is part of your life, and so it's

part of this BI family. Thanks for the pics.....so nice. Prayers for you & BJ.

Susannah----Your story about your son is amazing, and you deserve a lot of

credit for being so strong when your heart was broken about his addiction. So

very good to hear that now he is clean and is a good family man. Peace & comfort.

Amy----Oh, sweet Amy,  3 weeks is such a short time on this journey. Just hang

on, take baby steps, be kind & patient with yourself, and come back to BI often.

We're here for you, friend. Prayers & peace.

Lynn----Yes, I so understand how a wounded/sorrowful heart can cause tears

to pour when things go wrong, and people are unkind or critical ( or just say dumb

things) I found myself that same way early on this journey......and sometimes even

now.....almost 7 yrs. later. The pain just does not go away, does it?

Beth---Sending thoughts & prayers as you near precious little Zachy's day. Bless

his little white soul.

Dee----Computer's been a bit messed up, but will check out JOURNEY NORTH soon. 

Peace & Tranquility to all here at BI

Davey&Lisasmom,    Sherry

• Members

Thank you every one for your encouragement...how dear you all are to me.

Colleen - thank you for the "belly laugh"....to funny and as Trudi says - oil is great for the skin....

Amy - so nice to see your beautiful daughters face....I can understand your pain about the cremation...I vaguely remember someone in the family asking me if I wanted to cremate Jessica and I screamed NO...we too had never discussed it, who thought would we have to...looking back now I do not know how I made any decisions at all, time was not allowed to sit around and discuss it !!  I believe it is whatever you choose to do, there is nothing wrong with either way...the only thing wrong is that we HAD to make a choice.   When you said you might not live where you are forever and how could you leave your daughter is something I have said but in a different way...I said I can never live any where else because I can never leave my Jessica....because we chose to bury her. People have said "but she is not really there" and I suppose that is true but it is my place to go to be with her.    I wonder now if I would have made a different choice, I do not know.  I have thought about the fact that we did not donate any of her organs...I so wish that we had now but at the time they called us we had just returned from the hospital from seeing her and all I could manage to say on the phone was "do not touch my daughter"....shock and disbelief blinded me to the fact that today, 4 years later, someone could be seeing through my daughter's eyes, we could have maybe saved someone else's life had we not be so distraught.  Again, something we had not discussed.   Anyway, I am sorry for going on but it is good to talk about things when you need to.  Bless you.

Race cars and boats for bass fishing....sounds great to me and I know my Jessica would be one of the first girls to get behind the wheel ;)

Did someone say they saw a "ray of light".....please send it my way as I am tired of rain and snow....

Love to all, tired, weary tonight so gonna settle in and try to read....trying to finish The Shack, having a hard time.    Kathy

• Members

STEPHEN, home now so color lights your name, and love continues to surround you and your MOMMA.

STEPHESTEPHEN   STEPHEN

Happy Birthday Sweet Man, something very special about your smile, makes me feel warm.  

• Members

Just a note to all reading books such as the Shack, and others that have topics that fill your soul with grief, realize that these books do bring a lot of ache with them. I read books with similar themes throughout this grief journey, but in between those I make sure that I read several that are not based on loss, though loss is intermingled in most. Just remember that these books could be producing some extra angst.

I am pooped after a long day, a good day but long, so I am going to watch CSI Vegas and sleep, I hope. I did last night, it was fun, sleeping sound was a delight.

dee

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Amy, We had Joey's body cremated, and don't regret it for a second. We are at peace with there not being a grave or marker, or maintaining that sort of thing. We believe he would have liked what we chose(His dad, brother and I), which was to spread his ashes into the pasture at his dad's ranch, where they raised horses and Joey's horses still live. It is bordered with apple and cherry trees, and the new barn that Joey helped to build and is dad and friends finished after he passed. The property is such a special place and will stay in the family for generations to come. We cherish Joey's Place, and seeing the horses there teaming with life is such a greater comfort to us.

Each one has to make the choice that is right for them. Like you, had I ever thought his grave site be left behind, I would have never chosen a cemetery plot either... No matter the choice, though, it's the hardest any of us will ever make. I respect everyone who had had to go through it...

Love & Hugs,

Claudia (4EverJoeysMom)

• Guests

Greg - I'm sure there will be fast cars and bass boats just for you (and my son and my husband and......) 

Dee - Once again I appreciate your wisdom!! 

Wishing you all a restful night's sleep.  

Susannah/Stephanie's mom

• Members
heartbeataway

[align=center]Stephen!

Saying his name!

[/align]

• Members

Wow !!!!

My  Dear Indigo Family 

thanx001.gif

IT WAS QUITE A BIRTHDAY PARTY   THE BEST IN YEARS

I am filled with such joy, love, admiration, and gratitude to be part of this beautiful family.

Each and every message touched my heart and soul. I felt loved and enriched by the love written by each of you.

I agree Betsy the Squirrel with the Cupcake was so perfect .  I bet that was a cupcake that you baked!! :) 

Dan lovely card with Stephen's image, Kathy,Dee, Greg, Lorrie, Trudie, Amy, Marcia, Bonnie Lynn, MaryAnn, Sue, Susannah, Claudia, Beth, Colleen, Sonya, Sherry,CAROL ,LEAHand all Indigoa thank you for being here and helping me live life.  You all are the part of my new "Normal "that makes me happy.

Betty

Stephen'smom:)

• Members

Finding your life in this new world is a gift, it is never an easy process, but the steps you take are the affirmation of having traveled forth on the path. Stephen must be proud.

• Members

Hi Indigo's, stopping in to say hello. its nice to see the sun raising a bit earlier in the morning and I see a touch of pink,blue, indigo in the evening. Mainly working, coming home,sleeping, working,coming home,sleeping.......same ole same ole.

Betty, you are a very special, classy lady. You are welcome.

You may remember that I wrote about a wild creature I spotted in the shrubs one evening. I did n't dare investigate. Luckily i didn't. The other day, around 7 AM I saw a GIANT skunk walking down the alley. Cute from a distance. We have dirt alleys here, from a by-gone day. Convenient but not plowed as quickly as the roads.

Oh well, back to the " working" part of the day.

You are all with me through the day.

Colleen, thanks for the laugh. Finger bowls of Olive oil, cleaning/softening all in one.well, maybe not so much cleaning.

Betsy,mysonRich

• Members
heartbeataway

Good morning Indigos,

I went to my first Compassionate Friends meeting last night.  I told them about you guys and how wonderful and supportive you are.  I've also shared the site with a new friend (Kathy) so hopefully she'll drop by too.

What hit me at the meeting last night is the longevity of grief ...... the ebb and flow but constant force it is in our lives.  There should be a village of understanding where we could all live.  The streets would be paved with understanding and compassion would hover in the clouds.  Hope would grow like spring flowers that we could pick and share when someone needs that extra little boost to get through a tough time.

Love for the journey,

Bonnie, Jays Mom

• Members

Bon,

I am so glad that you have a nice face to face group. I bet you will add so much to that group because I got to meet you face to face and I will always cherish the connection. Kathy is lucky to have you in the group and we will of course be happy to assist her in ay way that we can through our experienced hearts.

Betsy, the routines that are our lives were always in our lives, work, pay the bills, go to bed, eat something, but they seem so much more a chore sometimes, and when we are grieving, they sometimes seem mindless and monotonous and senseless. Therefore, I hope that the earlier sunrise adn the colors in the skies, the bird song, and yes, even that old skunk bring you a renewal of sorts. A blessing in the season.

Love,

dee

• Members

FINGER BOWLS ARE FUNNY.....WE WERE IN HAWAII AT SHOGUNS AND THEY BRING FINER BOWLS OUT...AND MONTY THOUGHT IT WAS SOUP..ALMOST DRANK IT....THEN YOU NO WHEN THEY BRING OUT THE FAKE DESSERT PLATE? WELL I WASNT WITH MONTY BUT HE SAID HE TOLD THEM"THESE ARE ALWAYS FAKE PLASTIC DESSERTS.." SO HE GRABBED IT AND HAD A HAND FULL OF $5 FOOD..AND HAD TO BUY IT...U JUST CANT TAKE THIS REDNECK ANYWHERE...

IM GOING TO POST A CROSS MY NEPHEW MADE ME...ITS REALLY PRETTY  MONTY DID THE GRAPHICS BUT WAYLON MADE IT...IT IS MADE OF METAL...VERY HEAVY

post-22932-128153898188_thumb.jpg

• Members

There should be a village of understanding where we could all live.  The streets would be paved with understanding and compassion would hover in the clouds.  Hope would grow like spring flowers that we could pick and share when someone needs that extra little boost to get through a tough time.

Love for the journey,

Bonnie - There is a village - its right here. You describe our 'community' beautifully.  How did Emily go on her birthday?

Betty - You are most welcome.  Celebrating our kids is something that brings warmth to our hearts - I always envision Mike with a great group, like his mum is.

Besty - Seeing a skunk - is that like a sign of something?  Maybe instead of "Phil" seeing his shadow and winter continuing, the skunk heralds the coming of Spring.  Just a thought.

Dee - yep its the mundane routine from our lives before that see us pulling through each day... You getting much rest?  Finished the grading of papers?

We now have a government website put together by the  Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA). It publishes nationally comparable data on Australian schools born from those lovely 'tests'.  It has limited variables.  Things like socio-economic, locale, student base etc are not worked in to the data..  Not sure I like it at all....  Do you  have similar in Chicago?

Time to walk Muttley.  Speaking to the trees today.  Heading up to Kinglake for a drive.  Haven't been there since the fires over a year ago. The regeneration of the forests has begun...the healing of the community is a little harder....

Zak is 8 tomorrow.....blue eyed baby boy of Steven John..   Time flies :dude:

• Members

Yep Trudi, we have very similar things though what Chicago and other cities are doing is taking the test info and closing neighborhood schools due to poor performance.

I tell you, the people in charge often shouldn't be. As you well know.

Love to all on this very sunny blue sky day. A heavenly day, tests are done.

whoooo-hoo.

love dee

• Members

HELLO ALL INDIGOES.

Lorrie---Oh......too too funny,....Monty & the finger bowls in Hawaii, and

the dessert tray:D :D :D . Gave me the best laugh of the day. The metal

cross is beautiful, and Waylon and Monty did a great, professional work

of art.

Bonnie----Wouldn't it be great to have such a village of understanding as you

described? People who really get it. I think BI is most likely as close as we

could get, though.

Dee---What a coincidence.......my sister visited me today to pick up a book I

had for her to read, and dropped off a couple of books for me......."The Reader",

and "The Shack".  She read them both, and said they were very good. I'll probably

cry my eyes out when I read "The Shack".  She said she related to "The Reader"

because she has always had dyslexia. She told my brother about it (several yrs.

ago), and she decided to reach out to a teacher she had had in high school ,

hoping the teacher could make some suggestions for her to get help. Well......when

she called this teacher, the woman's husband answered the phone. When she

explained, briefly, why she was calling, he screamed and swore at her, and told

her never to call again. Needless to say, she didn't. She then TAUGHT HERSELF to

read..by small steps at a time...and, although she reads slowly....., she said it

opened up a whole new world for her, and she visits the library regularly and

is always reading a book. She said she had never read a book until she was 30

yrs. old. Dyslexia was not really recognized in the small school system where our

family lived. I would have been so glad to help her when she was in school (she's

5 yrs. younger than me), but I never knew it. Some story, huh?

Betsy----How cute....(from a distance, of course:P )...  the hefty skunk in the alley!!

She could just have been a "mother-to-be" skunk. They do breed in Jan. ( I

recently saw a program on skunks:) ).  Anyhow, this skunk, the birds, sun, and

other early signs seem to be telling us that we should hang on......that spring is

coming for sure...even in Pa., Ohio, Illinois, Mass. and ohers weary of winter.

PEACE & TRANQUILITY TO ALL IN THE BI FAMILY.

Davey&Lisasmom,  Sherry  

• Members

Wow Sherri, how sad that this man yelled at your Sis, what a bad thing to do, but how strong she was to learn how to read as an adult. It sure isn't easy. I hope that you like the Shack, I have not read it yet. Soon after Erica died, an acquaintance sent me Lovely Bones to read. I felt odd that she would send that book, but she said that the scenes of heaven might encourage me. They did, the book was terribly hard to read however, so very sad adn it is playing out now with that horrid murder in California this week of that lovely Chelsea King. I just cannot imagine the ache in the hearts of parents and siblings of Children that were murdered. Lovely Bones brought up so many issues of grief enven thought the circumstances were very different. I read these books with great interest and protect my heart with a funny one in between.

dee

• Guests

Sherry - I would love to meet your sister!  What an impressive lady.  That story could be told on Oprah!

I read "The Shack" while Stephanie was still in treatment.  The book was recommended to me by a Christian friend.  She said it would help me find forgiveness for my grandkid's perpetrator.  It didn't work.  :?

Gary and I are supposed to join a Christian book study next week.  The kids will be able to attend "Kid's church" while we're in this class.  Hitting my head against the wall..."I don't want to.  I don't want to.  I don't want to."  I'm not a Jesus/churchy person.  But, my husband is and he has been awesome!  It won't hurt me to do this one thing for him.  I hope I can go and keep my mouth shut!  I hope I can go and keep my mouth shut!  I hope I can go and keep my mouth shut!!

I'm not known for my shyness or quiet nature. 

I hope I can at least muster up good manners for the occasion.  No kidding, Indigo's.  I can't articulate enough how much I hate anything that slightly resembles church!

Susannah/Stephanie's mom

• Members

Dee - I protect my heart - Something we all need to remember..as hard as it is.  I cleaned out my bookshelfs awhile back donating the books to the 'Wildlife Preservation" shop in town.  The lady who runs it is amazing.   She did notice that in the box of over a dozen or so books there was only one that wasn't relating to death, grief or loss.  Think it was a calories counter book......yeah like I was gonna read that again (lol)

Like you I sprinkle 'diversion' reading and activities otherwise the heart becomes to heavy and breathing is hard...... I love watching Billy Connolly, for the accent and the way he bring humour into the blackest of times.  I read Pamela's books on him - a survivor.  

Of course the best 'diversion' reading is Yurtle the Turtle, Put me in the zoo and One fish two fish red fish blue fish.......can't be sad when you're reading such tongue tying text.

;)

• Members

Trud, we do forget sometimes, and then we realize we are in a funk and it very well could be because we didn't remember to protect that vital piece.

Okay then, for a funny book or two, read Haven Kimmels, A Girl Named Zippy, and the sequel though you could read them out of order, She Got Off the Couch. Both of these are memoir and wonderful.

I feel kind of funny lately, not funny ha-ha, but funny odd. I feel in a time net of some sort, I am confused lately as to how almost 7 years could possibly be passed since ERi last walked this old earth. For some reason this number is startling me. Oh sure, other numbers have rocked my world, but somehow, for whatever reason, 7 is so in my face. SEVEN IN HEAVEN.

Lorri, forgot to tell you what a gorgeous cross your nephew made, really beautiful.

Love and good sleep, I was downstairs trying to stay up late cause I love to do so on the weekends, you know, to delineate weeknight to weekend, anyhow, I was head bobbing so hard I should have been put in the back window of an old Chevy. Bobble-head.

So, I am off to bed, reading a great book by another favorite author, Ann Patchett.(Truth and Beauty, Bel Canto, Patron Saint of Liars) This one is called RUN.

Love to all,

dee

• Members

I DONT READ BUT MONTY READ THE "SHACK" AND LIKED IT I SAI DIS IT A TRUE STORY HE SAID NO...

I DONT HAVE TIME FOR SOMEONE TO TELL ME HOW THEY FEEL WHEN THEY DONT NO HOW WE FEEL...I COULD BE MISTAKEN BUT I HEARD AND READ IT IS NOT TRUE STORY..SO I DIDNT READ IT I DONT HAVE THE ENERGY...

THANK YOU DEE I THINK THE CROSS TURNED OUT VERY NICE...

• Members

I love to read, but usually fall asleep before I get very far...I have read "Lovely Bones," also, and also didn't know if I would be okay reading it when I did...one year after Mike passed.  But, it did somehow, strangely, bring comfort...perhaps the connection that there IS something after?  I started "The Shack" but didn't get far...will get back to it some day.  I read many grief books, some that helped, some that didn't.  I read one I think was called "The Strange and Winding Road," that contained stories from people who had lost loved ones to cancer, and it had been five years since that time for them.  It was helpful in some ways...one story was about a man who lost track of time as a result of his brain cancer...would sit in his car for a long time, sometimes over an hour, not realizing that he'd been there that long...Mike went through that, and it helped to know that it wasn't that strange a thing to do...

I came across this tonight, while looking for something else:  (No matter how well we are doing, we all know that the "pit" is there...and this is how we feel at that time...fortunately, the pit eventually coughs us up again...and we walk again, one step at a time, one breath at a time...)

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,

Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,

Silence the pianos and with muffled drum

Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead

Scribbling on the sky the message He is Dead.

Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,

Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,

My working week and my Sunday rest,

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;

I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,

Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun,

Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods;

For nothing now can ever come to any good.

W.H. Auden

love and peace,  carol  mikesmomrs

• Members

Gooooood morning!

• Members

GOOOOD Morning to you Lynn, and to all. Good sunny-bird-song-filled-frostglistening-off-rooftop-snowmelt-morning. In fact I lay there for a half hour awake, what a Saturday kind of luxury that is, and listened to bird sounds that I have not heard in 6 months, so welcome are they.

I do believe I shared this wonderfully inspiring piece, but it sometimes is nice to revisit something wonderful. You must listen to it both ways so play it through. What a clever person to have written this.

• Members

Yep Carol, the Auden poem is a perfect and accurate way to display how we sometimes find ourselves. I find that when I am feeling as I have recently been, kind of upturned by the numbers, that my horizon line is askew. But there have been times when it was not in place at all. Lost on a turbulent sea.

Horizon Line

Looking Out---

As far as the eye can stretch-

Straining for a better view…

Looking everywhere for you.

Looking out---

Where this loss meets the sky-

My horizon line is new…

Everything to do with you.

Diane H. Conmy(dee)

• Guests

Good morning Indigo's.

I feel exactly the way you do, Lorri, about those books.  Recently a friend recommended Eric Claptons autobiography.  I can read someone's true account. 

Dee - I don't know a lot about numbers, but I believe the number 7 is a good sign.  I've also read that when numbers begin appearing in groups, like 777 or 1111 or 222 that the angels or spirits are just letting us know we're not alone. 

Well, the children are demanding breakfast and Jasmine must have the balloon she left in the car last night. 

Have a great morning, Indigo's

Susannah/Stephanie's mom

• Members

[user=7435]ericasmom[/user] wrote:

Horizon Line

Looking Out---

As far as the eye can stretch-

Straining for a better view…

Looking everywhere for you.

Looking out---

Where this loss meets the sky-

My horizon line is new…

Everything to do with you.

Diane H. Conmy(dee)

Dear Dee and Carol

Thank you somuch for the poems and understanding thoughts.  I agree withTrudie that I must protect and guard my inner space .If not I know I willbe   forever in that well known abyss.  I will not read Grief Books but do enjoy songs and poems that are shared here.  Trudie I imagine reading the deep books that include Myrtle the Turtle would be very enjoyable for me too.

This is that village that  Bonnie suggests, a caring, comapssionate village where I can visit and be understood and understand.  The wisdom and generosity of spirit that I find here is priceless.

Sherry Thank you for that beautiful story about your sister.  She is a very strong women.  I did not read the Shack.  I did  read the "Reader" and found it well written and so very emotional.  It is about a women who cannot read and is too embaresed to tell anyone.  That your sister shared it with you indicates how much she trusts you. 

Susannah I am glad you are going with Gary to Christian BOok study.  When in a situation like that I often remind myself to "Keep an Open Mind"  Sometimes I can hear something that helps me see things differently.

Betsy  Watch out for that little critter.   I do hope it is not a pregnant skunk like Sherry suggested !!!:D Enjoy the warmth of this Saturday. 

Colleen and Lorrie I too enjoyed the fancy restaurant stories.  I do believe I did mistake water bowls for soup in my youth so very long ago.:) Lorrie loved the Cross   Really beautiful.

Lynn, Beth, Leah, Sonya, Marcia, Dan, Greg, Mary Ann, Kathy, and all Indigos stay safe and visit this viallage often It saves lives.:)

Betty

Stephen's mom:)

• Members

"GOOOOD Morning to you Lynn, and to all. Good sunny-bird-song-filled-frostglistening-off-rooftop-snowmelt-morning."

Ah, yes, Dee, it is that way here, too...though there is no "rooftop snow melt" here...that already happened, days ago...but that sun is brilliant, and you can almost hear the grass saying "are you ready guys...it's just around the corner...spring!"  Of course, it could be snowing next week, but today is a gift...one of those days that help you make it to the next and the next, until every morning is finally warm!  I loved the poem you wrote...so beautiful.  I haven't listened to the song yet, will later. 

Betty:  You're more than welcome...I wish I could have been there with you.

I have something extra to be smiling about...though some of you won't understand my exuberance, some will...I GOT OPENING DAY TICKETS FOR THE RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They are as hard to get as water on the Serengeti...they aren't even on the regular ticket schedule any more...and I GOT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yesterday, out of the blue, I get an email from the Red Sox, offering me a "second chance" to purchase a "Pak" of tickets, that "may" include opening day.  (Anyone who has bought concert tickets knows what I mean by "an opportunity to purchase.")  What it means by "Pak" is that you get a ticket to three games, and you can pick a game from each "group" which usually is spread through the season.  I clicked on the one that included opening day at least 30-40 times, no dice.  Then, I told myself, "One more," and BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!  Two tickets, Standing room only, but the "standing" is in the section that we really like---covered, and right up over home plate--can see the whole field like it was right under you.  Two tickets, for $25 bucks apiece!!!!!!!!!!!  Scalpers are getting big bucks for these tickets already.   Wow, the sun shines even brighter, spring is even closer...Cathi liked to come right through the phone when I called and told her about the tix. 

Anyway, there it is, I know, I'm crazy...but happy crazy!

Lorri:  the cross is truly beautiful...your friend and Monty are gifts. 

Have a great day everyone...enjoy the sun those who have it, and according to the weather map, it is all over the country, so I hope everyone has it, at least for today. 

love and peace,  carol  mikesmomrs

• Members

Carol OMG!! That just brought happy tears to my eyes. Im just as exciteded as you are and Im not the one going. That is some magical news. Bet somebody special had his hand in it to help ;).

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Lynn

• Members

THANKS GUYS..I NEED TO HANG IT BUT CANT FIND MY DANG NAILS...

SPEAKIN OF NAILS BROOKE AND I ARE GOING TO GO GET OURS DONE AND RUN ERRNADS...SHE GOT HER PERMIT SO IM LETTN HER DRIVE SO PLEASE PRAY FOR  US AND INNOCENT PPL...

HAVE A BLESSD DAY AND BE BLESSED

• Members

Prayers are spoken, let Lorri adn Brooke have a fine time running errands, and may it be safe and may all be well.

Carol, so glad that you have been given this gift of Sox tickets. WHat wonderful magic happens around those things most dear due to ONE that is most dear. Very beautiful. Hey the story I am reading right now speaks of the Red Sox and of Northeastern University and the Catholic Church, I think you would enjoy this book called RUN by Anne Patchett or is it Pachett?

THe utube I sent is not music, it is a piece written and read forward adn back again, truly a gift as well.

Hey, Lynn, are you in Chi-town?

• Members

Carol---thanks for the wonderful poem....it says it so well.....how we can feel

so 'lost' at times. Lucky...Lucky you....getting the tickets for the Red Sox opening

day. WOW!   Speaking of reading......yep...kid's books will bring a smile to your

face. I read to the grandies, from an old school reader (2nd grade) that I have

from the 50's when I was in elementary school.  They love "Dudley Duck & the Well",

and "Tim Chick Sees the World", and "Eddie Elephant in Jungleville" among others.

The reader was all stories of ANIMALS in 'people situations'. So delightful. They love

the stories, and have to have one or two before going to bed whenever they stay

with us overnight.

Hi Lynn---:) :D !

Susannah-----Yes, I agree....my sis (Suzy) is a great person. She also expressed

to me that she always felt embarrassed about not being able to read. Dyslexia

was not recognized at the time she was in elementary. She, in turn, became very

artistic instead, to make up for not reading. She makes puppets for a woman who

services libraries all over. The work is sporadic at times, but Suze is always doing

great things with her home decorating etc. She says she can't draw a stick-figure,

but her talents are in decorating, party-planning, and designing the little felt

figures (Mother Goose etc.) that she has done for the libraries, and READS.  She

fights  depression to this day, but she is a barrel of fun to be around.....we're great

pals.

Dee----I will definitely take your advice, and read something light/funny after I

read "The Shack".  I don't know if it's a true story or not, do you? I didn't read

"The Lovely Bones"...... but it was  very popular when I worked at the library

(before Davey passed). Davey....by the way.....loved libraries/reading, and had

4 library cards to area libraries in his wallet. There's still $50. in it----can't seem to

take it out....even after all this time.

Betty----Thanks for your kind words, friend. Yes, my sister is such a good friend.

She's married, but never had any children.......but loves kids. She brought me a

photo that her husband had taken at a surprise birthday party for me, that Davey

had attended. My husband loved that pic so much......just a shot of Davey sitting

by the weiner roast fire.......in the dark. All dark background, but it SO showed

his gentle demeanor.  Take care, friend.

Must go now......grandies coming soon for an overnighter.:)

Davey&Lisasmom,  Sherry 

• Members

Good Morning Indigo's

The sun is shining in SE Wisconsin.  I need the sun to shine on my face today.  It makes me feel warm and closer to Brian and the Lord.

We went out to eat last night w/our neighbors.  We went to Claim Jumpers (expensive, $120 for 4 people).  Great atmosphere, my steak was ok (not great).  Scott had chicken-fried steak and got alot of food.  Conversation was good. 

Janet and Craig knew Brian for 10 years before the accident.  They miss him as much as we do.  We talk openly about Brian and they engage every time.

Nice to have neighbors like that.  We go out every 3 months.  We selected Claim Jumpers this time, they will choose (and pay) next time. 

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

• Members

Still hanging out at home. Randy had to work this morning so we will be leaving in about an hour. Gotta wash the vehicle of all the road salt then grab some lunch. Should get there around 5 tonite. Looks like the weather is on our side so thats a blessing. Im wearing layers no matter what- I get cold so easily. Seems my camera has come up missing but thankfully we have his. Still not sure what we will do while there, Im just greatful for being able to get out of town for a change.

Have a great weekend EVERYBODY!

Love n hugs,

Lynn

• Members

OK Indigos,

I will tell you one of my most embarrassing fancy resturant stories. 

I went to a resturant and thought I was ordering fish when I ordered filet mignon.

I was astonished when steak came.  I was about 17 at the time.

Scott kids me about that to this day.

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

Hope I made you laugh

• Members

Colleen---Great funny  restaurant story----I hope you liked the steak! I also

have a funny restaurant story---although it didn't happen to me (thank goodness :D)

This happened to a sister-in-law. She was about 17 too, and it was her first job.

She went to serve a salad to a very distinguished, and severe looking lady, when

the slice of tomato on the top of the salad slid off, landing right on the lady's

shoulder. The lady did not notice at first, and my sister-in-law was sweating bullets,

wondering what to do.....tell the lady, or try to recover the tomato slice. She decided

to try to lift it up quickly----maybe the lady would not notice,... but she DID notice. So

my sister-in-law tried to pick up the tomato, and it fell  apart, seeds all over the

lady's WHITE suit, & shoulder.  After much embarrassment, the tomatoe was finally

wiped off; the lady raised a  fuss; the restaurant paid the dry cleaning bill; and my

sister-in-law never went back.

Sherry

• Members

Okay, if I start telling embarassing stories in restaurants, both as a waitress and as a diner, we would have a long list of Lucy like situations. I have to go out with my niece and great niece and great nephew in a few moments, to a local parade, but remind me to tell you a few ridiculous stories from my restaurant days.

Love to all,

dee

PS a quick one, as a young teen, maybe 16, big borther and wife took me and boyfriend out to diner at a place called the Tap Root Pub, (no longer around). Hated seafood at the time, so the only meat item was ordered by me, Steak Tar tar, and I ordered it well done...well after everyone quit laughing, I realized that tar-tar was raw. Dumb.

• Members

Good afternoon my friends....another bad week has passed but am hanging in there. Barry has been very supportive in my quest of "tough love" but it leaves me weary and so very sad.  We went out for a couple of drinks last nigh, first time out in weeks so it was nice. My sister-in-law and husand, cousin (Joan) and her husband and us. Joan was talking about what you can read about a person in their face, I asked her to describe me....her answer was beautiful but sad...I was glad she recognized the sad as I see it every time I look in the mirror but also assume everyone else looks past it.

It is quiet here, much needed down time. Tavian is enjoying a weekend with Grandma, off to do some shopping and to Safari Adventure.  Barry is outside working on a new pump system for my pond...going to be great...can't wait for spring so I can start working on the flower planting etc.

It is nice out today, a bit of a chilly wind but I do not want to be outside...am in my chair, movies on lifetime and just quiet.  Finished my grocery shopping on Pea Pod so that will be delivered tomorrow....nice to shop from my laptop.

Thoughts of all of you, hope your weekend brings sunshine. Love to all, Kathy

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Wow! Carol, CONGRATS on the Red Sox tickets!! THAT is definitely worth celebrating!! :)

Kathy, Bless your heart. That tough love business indeed can wear on a soul. We're all lifting you up in support, prayer, and loving kind thoughts. xoxo

Restaurants: I ordered a whole lobster once at Red Lobster (when I was maybe 20), no idea that it was going to come barely dead and swimming in green water on the plate. Yuck! Sent it back to be steamed and returned, Tail ONLY. LOL! Since then I've gotten the seafood thing down quite well, including gutting and cooking my own fresh fish.

Colleen, Wow! $120 for four for dinner. That's about 3 weeks of our entire food budget here. There used to be a time when e would occasionally dine like that, but it's been years and not any more on this poor man's budget we live on. How wonderful that your neighbors are open to sharing Brian during your outings! That makes a good dinner great, even of the food isn't perfect.

Lazy day here..rainy and muggy. I'll take it! :) Love & hugs to all!!! xoxoxo ~Claudia

• Members

good afternoon to every one here at BI, hope your day is good.

snow is leaving and the sun is  shining.

spring is on the way.

everyone have a good weekend.

love and hugs

mary ann

BRIAN'S momdukes

• Members

SO I GOT BROOKE AND SHE WAS DRIVING MY CAR..SHE DID WELL...JUST NEEDS TO FIGURE OUT HOW DO DO GAS AS SHE TURNS AND NOT TO ROLL TO A STOP..BUT DID WELL...SO WE GO GET OUR NAILS DONE, THEN WM AND I PICK U A FEW ITEMS..THEN WE GO TOT HE CEMETARY...BROOKE SAYS.."HUH ROAD 17"... I SAID YES "USE TO BE MY FAVORITE #".......I TAKE HER TO WORK DRIVE HOME AND UNLOAD MY STUFF ...AND I BOUGHT ME SOME SOCKS TO GO WITH MY AWESOME NEW NIKES (SHHHH MONTY DONT NO YET)...AND TAKE THEM TO MY ROOM...COME BACK AND THERE IS A INSPECTION TAG IN THE FLOOR FROM THE SOCKS WITH #17 ON IT...I SIAD "THANKS BABY"...:)

RAN INTO AMANDAS MOM AT WM ALSO...I TOLD HER ALL THE EMOTIONAL LIEW AMANDA PUT ME/US THRU...SHE SAID NOT ONE FO THEM WAS TRUE NO BOYFRIEND, NO BAILEY, NO MARRGE, NO NOTHING...ALL SHE COULD DO WAS APPOLOGIZE...AND SHE WAS JUST STUND AT ALL SHE HAD DONE AND SAID...POOR LADY I HUGGED HER AND TOLD HER I WAS SORRY.....

OH THEN I GET HOME AND GO TO MAIL BOX AND THERE IS A LETTER TO KOURTNEY FROM SOME CLUB THEY WANT HER TO JOIN??????? IT NEVER ENDS