• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Our kitchen/3-bath/wet-bar renovation is more difficult than I imagined.

We went to a plumbing distribution house.  We did go high end on a few of the faucets.  I guess we have committed to staying in the house for a while.  We have a good-sized yard (1 acre) and nice neighbors.

We are trying something new for our kitchen floor.  Our floor is not level, high in the middle, lower on the ends. Stone is really not an option without big costs for under-floor preparation.  We are trying Duraceramic.  Duraceramic is a limestone/ceramic composite that can be installed groutless. 

Anyone hear about Duraceramic?

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

• Members

%3ca%20href=th_JudyandAaron208.jpg" ALT="">

My favorite picture in the whole world.  When my husband wears his blue shirt, it makes me sad, but he wears it alot, so it must make him feel good.

This is just 2 months before Brian left us.

Oh my boy, my heart aches all the time because I have not held you, have not run my hands through your thick hair, have not heard your jokes or your funny faces.

Oh my boy, Brian

Colleen

• Members

%3ca%20href=th_JudyandAaron191.jpg" ALT="">

Right before I took this picture, I said ""Smile"".  And of course, Brian did the opposite of what I said.  It was "opposite day" alot with him

Colleen

• Members

well the mother board is out on my laptop, got it at bestbuy a yr ago in may when kourtney was sick, was told the motherboard went out from a surge...i have no idea y i didnt have a surge protector on it (cuz i have  no brain)  but im going to call best buy tom to see if its covered and how much they are now...or my home owners can maybe cover it.

took my bmw in today..heard soome clatterin...mmmm i need my lifters replaced...and im gettn new windshield (kinda blurry) ...so i have black bmw now,    very pretty but i hate black...mine is white...

always something isnt....had me a lil cry fest w/ kimberly last night...cuz we hurt so bad missn kourtney..:(

also had breakfast today with kimberlys cody, had a great visit with him for sure...i do  love him so much

well im on kodys computer and it suks...miss and love to all

marcia...thank u so much for the card...i loved ot for you thinkin of me..:) u are a good friend to be sure

• Members

Lynn, just know that we are here holding your heart and sadness in our hearts. You are bound to go through all sorts of emotions and iterations from this sadness. You will also be a source of strength and an example of life marching forward in the face of deep loss. God bless you all through this time, and may the people responsible be found and punished by the law.

Trudi, was that you with bleached hair leading the NIA group? That looks like fun, but I can't do that shimmy thingy, never could, not built for it apparently.

Keep it up young lady.

Col, boy does Brian look like you in both photos, but especially with the smile. His thick hair from his Momma. He is holding you Colleen, all the time.

Lori, I have been especially weepy lately too, missing my Girl, my Tink, like crazy. Addressing the parents of this year's group last night at open house, I said," my Girl would be 25  but she died six years ago, and my Boy? Well he was your children's ages 20 years ago, his birthday is next week. So parents, time moves very quickly, I blinked and my Son and Daughter were adults, saying this I ask that you let them know each day just how dear they are to you, and at the same time, have the expectations that will cause them to put forth good effort and energy. Loving them does not mean limit-free." This group has a difficult time with boundaries and limits.

Let the tears fall as they may need to, cleansing your spirit, rinsing clean the wounds for a little piece of time.

My heart to all,

dee

• Members

Dee - best part of this class is that there is no right or wrong way of 'shimmying'.  Trust me I am no Rockette but hey that bleached hair cut is tempting. (lol)

• Members

Colleen:  Love the pics of Brian...and the blue shirts... on my way to the doctor's today, I was behind a car with Wisconsin plates...instant memories of our "beast" rides in Minneapolis...my heart is filled with gratitude for your selflessness in providing transportation for us, and especially your concern for my "fears."  sending love...

Trudi:  I agree---write a letter from your heart, you have a wonderful way with words, and hopefully she will read it and fully accept it into her heart...I will pray that she will take it for what it's worth, and realize that your heart is broken over this and allow you to see Harmony and have a part in her life.  You know, Amanda is now going on 3 years older than she was back then, and I have found Mike's wife Sarah to have matured somewhat since his passing, and we seem to be able to find common ground on things that before she would have just gone off over...perhaps Amanda has found some maturity, as well and will see your letter for what it is worth...an honest plea from someone who loves her granddaughter and needs to have her in your life.

When I went to visit my sister yesterday, I was telling hubby that I wanted to buy a couple of tickets to another game for this month to which he said "you already have a game to go to and don't need any more" :( and just before we got to the parking lot for my sister's apartment, we passed this on the side of the road...

VWwithredsoxsignonitatDs.jpg

After we saw this, I told hubby that it was Mike's way of telling him to let me buy some more tickets before the season is over....

:)

on the way home, hubby was yet again telling me how much he would "love" to have a Lincoln...just as he said it, this passed us...

carwithMikesnameontag.jpg

he then told me that the tag on the Lincoln was Mike's way of telling me that I should let him buy a Lincoln...lol!!!  I think the baseball tickets would likely be more affordable!!!!  :D

Tomorrow, I go for my hearing test and to be fitted for hearing aids...oh, the ravages of time...perhaps now I won't have to tell my grandson Kameron to be sure he is facing me when he talks to me..(he has the habit of saying something to me and turning his head away as he speaks, so often I don't hear what he is saying...) 

love and peace,  carol  mikesmomrs

• Members

Trudi, Harmony and I share birthdays. :)

I agree with the others. Write a letter from your heart. Expect the worst and hope for the best, that way you can at least be prepared as best you can for the outcome. And then HOPE like might!! :) If things don't change, it will not be because you aren't trying. But it always takes one person to make the first move in a gesture of forgiveness and reconciliation.

The thought of an $800 faucet just blows my mind. But then I am just a poor missionary living in a developing country.. LOL! My whole world view is very far from where it used to be. :)

Lynn, many thought and prayers for you and your family...

I came down with some weird local flu, and am trying to recover before I travel Monday night. Ugh!

Love the pics being shared here!! Love and Hugs to all!! ~Claudia (4EverJoeysMom)

• Members

Claudia, be well, take some vitamin c, extra doses, though it did not prevent me from getting this new cold that more than half my kids have.

Trudi, I agree with everyone here, say what you are feeling, that now that this much time has passed, can she see her way clear to allowing you and your Grandgirl some time to know each other? Can she understand now, since she is a Mom for this many years, how dearly and completely her life has changed? Now she should know just what you are missing, so maybe you can appeal to that. To the momma in her. And maybe it will not cause a shift in her thinking, but as Claudia stated, you will know that you tried. I will pray that youare able to visit with Harmony, to spend Grandma time with her. MEERKATS to that.

Bonnie, how are you?

Greg, how nice that you are able to get the decals done. What a sweetheart.

Kay, just let us know if you are out there reading, just want to know that you are there, and how the school year is.

Love to you all,

Dee

• Members

Okay, Dan, I'll send him over and you can take him down to the dealer...lol!!!:D

love and peace, carol  mikesmomrs

• Members

Colleen - love the pics!!  When you said you told them to smile and Brian did the opposite I thought instantly of Tavian - he hated having his pic taken and would always do the opposite of what I asked - gotta love it!!

Lorrie - "Cryfest" - we all need it and it is best to let them fall no matter where or what you are doing - it helps to heal the soul. I find sometimes that when I try to be too strong and not cry I end up like a pressure pot and explode - not good. Glad Kody is doing well. I am sorry I missed your post about your cruise, I will have to go back and read it. Hard when you go away and then try to catch up on 10 -15 pages of posts!!!

Carol - Signs, Signs - I love it and I say go for the tickets AND the lincoln!! hee hee. Yes the ravages of age do catch up with us don't they. Find that as much as I want to my body just doesn't do what it did a few years ago. They keep telling me that the 50's are now the 30's but somehow it isn't working for me!!!!

Another good day for Tavian - said he learned more math, I asked what kind and he said "I don't know" - I had to laugh - but then he said they are leaning about "money" and I thought oh great, second day of school and they are learning about money, hope it is about how to pick it off trees !!!!

Trudi - now "shimmying" that sounds like something my body would run away from!! I feel so guilty when I read of you and Dee's everyday walks and now you are doing pilates and yoga!!! I have been telling myself to get back to the gym and still procastanating about it - however I have set myself a date and will stick to it and when we all get together next year for a reunion or non-reunion I will be fit to keep up with the rest of you!!     Have you decided to write to Amanda??

Time for Tavian to go to bed. We are trying to go by ourself tonight and I am praying it works. Ever since Jess left us he has not slept alone, needs me to lay with him until he is asleep and I am trying to work with him. He will be 8 in February and I do not want him to have this fear anymore. So we will go slow - tonight he said if he could stay up till 8:30 then he would go in his room by himself so I am trying to compromise with him without giving him too much leeway. Wish me luck!!

Love and Peace to all - kathy  

• Members
tanmanmymagicman

Colleen, I can hardly see the pictures....?????? I click on them and their is a little red x but nothing......I can see them but not real well......there was a girl in the picture with blond hair?????????????????????? I thought that was my daughter Kayla at First??????????????????? Leave it to me , to be the only one that can't enlarge a picture.........OK Nick's Dad.........................

Cindy; Tanner's mom.....

• Members
tanmanmymagicman

kathy, I don't know whats up with me tonight but everyone is looking like my kids on here....Your Tavian; looks like my Tanner at that age except Tanner had small lips like me......If I knew how to post a picture you could see; My tanner had same hair color , eyes were more blue; he had cute little freckles that he did not care for......If you have time their may be a picture of him on our mem site that you could check out....its a mem.com; type in Houk and Tanner is on the first page and then click images and it shows our entire family.......

Yeah Nicks dad I did it all; with alittle help from the mem.com company ......I posted all those pictures there...Luv to all;

Cindy; Tanner's Mama Gama.........

OH and the main thing that got me is the checks....Just like Tanner's.  Hello, that's what made me notice in the first place....

• Members

[user=19712]tanmanmymagicman[/user] wrote:

If I knew how to post a picture you could see; My tanner had same hair color , eyes were more blue; he had cute little freckles that he did not care for......If you have time their may be a picture of him on our mem site that you could check out....its a mem.com; type in Houk and Tanner is on the first page and then click images and it shows our entire family.......

Yeah Nicks dad I did it all; with alittle help from the mem.com company ......I posted all those pictures there...Luv to all;

20070910_121052_01.jpg?1252635386994

Tanner has some freckles going in this pic ;)

Here is a link to the site with Tanner and all the pictures:

http://www2.mem.com/ContentDisplay.aspx?ID=16721672

You did a great job posting them. If you want help posting pics on here let me know and I can connect to you remotely and walk you thru it.

• Members

Cindy - I will defintely check out Tanner. Sometimes we want something so badly we see what we want to see - but I believe that all of our Angels have likenesses and I am proud that you see a resemblence in Tavian of Tanner!!!  Peace to you tonigh. Dan is great isn't he - him and Greg - our computer men and get things done men!!

Peace - Kathy

• Members
tanmanmymagicman

Dan Dan Dan....OK I got a stiff neck and my head went numb....What a shock......You are so awesome...OK now a few tears......Heaven sent....God blessing me through you......I so appreciate it.....now I need to go back and look at it again......Its so damn hard to see the picture of my Tanner; I am used to the one of this site but then everytime i see one I have not seen in awhile my heart just drops.....I am sure you all understand....Thanks again Dan.....I always say YOU ROCK:cool:

• Members
tanmanmymagicman

Yes they are both simply amazing and a blessing.......I totally appreciate what he did for me tonight......

I meant Tavain's checks looked like my Tanner's; that's what caught my eye in the first place.....Your guy is going to be a popular with the ladies ; i can tell you that much......; tks Dan......NicksDad....love, love, all your pictures.........

Tanner's Mama; Cindy

I don't post much because this site is not all about me......and I don't want to leave someone out when I post because you guys have all been so great to me and most of you have helped me survive the last 2 years when i really didn't think it was possible ; but here i still am.......Blessings to all.........

• Members
tanmanmymagicman

Dan I have alot of nerve; but could you post the picture of Tanner and his sister Kayla; its in the first row; it was taken 4 months before he died; its was kayla's 19th birthday........??????? I know I am a pest.......I'm just a proud mom; and Kayla's mom on this site would enjoy seeing a picture of my Kayla......OK tks.....Its the 4th picture over I think.....................signed; pesty mother of Tanner Houk who does not know how to use the computer or post pictures that normal intelligent people can.......

• Members

Is it just me or is there 'signs' from the kids everywhere.

Carol - Tell Ralph Mike was saying buy the tickets to the Red Sox and if there is change buy the Lincoln!  Love the signs.

Kathy - That boy is growing so fast and is such a handsome young man....a real 'chick magnet'.  The renewed focus for me to start gym is about the next level....MN gave me the direction, Mikes memories give me the inspiration...Love love love the moon and the orbs....hi guys.

Cindy - Its funny how we see our kids in others here on site.  With Carol and my Mike we both see so many similarities.  In Kathy's Jessica I saw Mikes girlfriend Lauren.  I hope you don't think you need to remember each one on this site to be able to post...you never will remember each individual, but you will remember how a mum feels losing a child, that is what is so special about this site.....I love the family pics, no wonder your heart breaks everyday.  Was that last one taken by Tanner himself?

Colleen - love the pics of your family.  Like Bonnie, your son reflects your face, beautiful boy.

Lorrie - Oh yeah - that is one big Hey Mum over here.........bless her heart.

Claudia - hopes for a swift and full recovery before you fly out next Monday.....Will be thinking of you on the 'shared birthday' date!

Took the grandbabies to school this morning.  In the foyer of their school is a framed piece of glass from 9/11 ground zero and a plaque explaining its significance....it anchored me to the spot......tears welled up as thought of so many lost and others left behind washed over me.......

Looking for a brighter tomorrow.....Trudi.

• Members

I DONT KNOW IF THIS PIC WILL POST THIS IS US IN FRONT OF OUR BOAT...THIS IS KODY..ME (IN MIDDLE) AND MY SISTER LUANN

post-22932-128153894849_thumb.jpg

• Members
tanmanmymagicman

Yes Dan.....THE RIGHT ONE.......Kayla and Tanner were very close and it has set Kayla back 2 years in college; no pity from the teachers....But she is back in school and trying to make up and catch up....She is going to be a speech therapist..........She will not talk about Tanner at all.

Thanks Dan; Lynn I am glad I can show you a picture of my Kayla and of course show off my Tanner; this was taken 3 months before his fatal accident.......

Tavian, has beautiful big eyes; I guess Tanner has all my features....I have small blue eyes and thin lips; I guess it was just the checks and freckles and coloring that got me.....blesssings and happy friday;;;;Dan ; I hope to meet you someday SOON>>>>>

• Members
tanmanmymagicman

Trudi, ok I am now writing again on BI.....the last picture if I remember right was taken hrs before we lost Tanner.  It was taken just back chance with a supposedly broken camera by my 5 year old grandson....Tanner was his idol....Blake(my grandson) is in the first picture on our mem site.....If you read the bio (my son-in-law ) read it at Tanner's services.....it says that Blake of all people took the last picture of Tanner.....at ramdom.....crazy.............it was a miricle; we used that picture on his program for his services.......not the clearest picture but it was what it meant to us........who would know 14 hurs later than young man of 16 years would not be here anymore......our Blake is doing good...Talks about ALL THE TIME....I am blessed..........

Hugs Dan; Have a great Friday Trudi; and blessings to everyone; Lynn I hope you get to see my Kayla's picture; Colleen......lets get connected...lol.....Next year if there is a get together I will do my darnest to get there.........Love Cindy; Tanner's mama

• Members

Lorri, you will have to tell me all about your cruise because that is the same ship and same exact cruise I will be going on in May. What was the ship like? Any places I for sure need to visit, any excursions I should definitely go on? Any details would be great!! Thanks and may I say you look smokin hot!!! LOL

Amanda

• Members

There are signs everywhere. My Zachy gave me and my hubby one today. I had physical therapy this morning and it put me in a lot of pain. When we got out of the elevator after it on the floor just outside of the elevator was 2 bob the builder stickers. My baby loved bob. I could of seen maybe a child dropped them but there was no pediatric area where we found them. My hubby had to pick them up since I can't bend.

Ok I have many times to post a pic of the stickers but can't. As you know I've posted pics before. I guess Zachy doesn't want to share today :)

• Members

Cindy, how lovely your Tanner and Kayla together...so sweet. Best Buds, like my Son and Daughter. Thanks for showing us your happy Children.

Kourtney Rose, so special.

Yes, Trudi, how tragic this day 8 years ago, and the PBS broadcast all day on the radio has brought me to full tears. Interviews from those there, or those who lost their KIds, wives, husbands, siblings...friends. Holy Cow. I will never forget that day as it was the prettiest morning all morning. It was a perfect day as far as blue skies and temperatures here. I went for my morning walk as the sun came up and heard a sound. I thought I would hear sirens any moment because it sounded like a freight train crashing, but the sound continued on rumbling and rumbling without end. It sounded as though there was a crash that wouldn't stop. I went home and told my husband, and he said he didn't hear anything. When I left for work, the sound had ended. I began to teach and the secretary came to me and held my shoulders and looked me square in the eye. She told me that there was a horrid attack, and that she needed me to tell the two Teaching Assistnats in the room as they might need some time to call the schools where their kids are...it seemed that many thought that we, meaning the whole US was under attack, she said to say nothing to the kids. I felt as though someone had put me in a horrid nightmare, and this was before I saw any of the imaages on the television. I was not to show the kids any of my upset. It was hard. We did not tell the kids until right after lunch. Then we fielded questions from the kids, gathered them in my arms as they were afraid if their Moma or Dad worked in tall buildings in Chicago. I assured them, as we tried with parents too, to tell them school was a safe place to stay. What a very sad day, and when I got to a TV, the sound, that sound that somehow I received that morning on my walk. Somehow I was tuned into the tragedy before it occurred. I know everyone does not believe in that, but I sure do, and that was the sound, an explosive sound that kept on rumbling and rumbling.

This morn when I walked I stood to watch the sun rise and I said to our angels, to all the angels;

We cannot un-ring a bell,

the sound escaped

the moments happened,

all we can do now is offer our hope

that our moments are good and just.

May we live in the light of our Beloved Ones.

• Members

Dee - I remember it well.  It was the same time I got the news that Luke, my nephew had succumbed to an infection after surviving a heart lung transplant.  The news was on in the back ground and I remember thinking the whole morning was a nightmare I couldn't wake up from.  I love the words you wrote, are they yours?

Cindy - Most beautiful kids...Kayla & Tanner.  Grandbabies for me centre my grief in the most simplistic ways that bring a smile with the tears.......

Lorrie - Love the pics, the pink suits you.  Love the footprints on you leg - Kourntey with you everwhere.

Lost power last night - hugh windstorms.  Laid on my bed from about 7pm just listening to the night.....Peaceful.

Off to walk the pup, gym and then to the Ocean....batteries running low need the energy of the sea to bring me back.....

Trudi :cool:

• Members

Hello to all my BI friends,

The weather in WI is going on 14 days of sunshine, calm, dry, I am loving it.

I need to learn how to post pictures.  I think I need to select the other option (large photo) or something.  I use my brain so much at work, when I come home, very little effort is put into my tasks.

Working full-time now (for salary that is 50 hr weeks).  I tried to go part-time, but my company had a 10% lay-off; and could not have me cut my hours.  BUMMER

Thinking of the September 11. 2001 families who lost their children.  8 years ago today.

Take care my friends.

Bonnie,  How is the building of the lodge going?  I can't wait to visit VI.  Never been there.

• Members

Lorri, you are officially a hottie!  Look at you in your beautiful pink dress. (Just thought I'd pass along the compliment!)

Back to the day: Just my small loving prayer to all those who lost their lives on Sept. 11 and to all those who are left to grieve them, we as parents especially feel the pain for those who lost a loved one.  Bless them today and always.

Okay, so got up this morning, decided not to go to work.  Had lunch planned with a friend who lost both of her teenage daughters (her only children) on a car crash May 18, 2008.  We do lunch every so often and catch up and cry and yeah, you know the drill.  But I woke up to my husband extremely mad because hey - his job FORGOT TO PAY HIM!?  Somebody screwed up and HE DIDN'T GET PAID????  How does that happen with direct deposit? Not a happy man today!

Tonight is parent's night at the high school.  They announce all the senior athletes and their parents walk them across the footbal field and the announcer reads a little about each senior and usually there is a thank you read that the child has written for his parents.  Adam would have been there tonight - we would have been there tonight smiling faces walking our beautiful boy across the field, listening to his accomplishments and plans for college announced to all those who are there.  Instead, my husband went to see a psychiatrist today, we are home alone, and I pulled weeds out of frustration and just want to go to bed and hide from the world.

That's my rant for today, thank you for listening.

Terrie (Adam's mom)

• Members

Cindy----Great pics of Tanner & Kayla, and Tanner by himself. Thanks for

sharing.

Lorrie---So glad you had a great time on your cruise, and the pics are so

nice.  The boat "Kourtney Rose" had to be a sign from dear Kourtney---

wishing her family a wonderful time.

Daveysmom,  Sherry       

• Members

Terrie - Glad you ditched work for lunch with your friend - amazing how somethings are more important now and others not so. Hope the snaffoooo with your husbands wages is sorted....need another hassle like you need another hole in the head!

It does break my heart to read how your son would have been there - if only.  So many mums & dads here missed out on seeing their kids graduate, fulfill that next part of their life's journey......I guess there is much I am thankful for......

Trudi

• Members

Colleen,

Good Lord child, we are not building a lodge!  We are building a pavilion ...... and it will not be ready for Pinnacle Days this year. :( The owners of The Cove want to use trees from the property for the beams, etc ....  

It will take time to cut them, have them milled, etc ....

Just one more disappointment.  But next year we should be good to go and have the dedication.  It will be an amazing tribute to him in a place that he loved to visit and spend time.:?

To those of you that have no idea what we’re talking about, we have decided to build a pavillion in Jason’s memory.  We don’t want or need a grave stone so we approached the owners about a pavilion.  They liked the idea and had been thinking of doing one.

This will be a joint effort.  Jay’s (our) construction company will do the labor and we will pay for half.  

They have no problem with it being named and dedicated to him.  Sweet. eh?  

Sad 9-11 Anniversary

I’ve thought a lot about this day and remembered the horror.  We lost a friend that was in the first tower.  He actually got out okay and was struck by debris when the second plane hit the second tower.  Randy was a big guy.  I have to smile when I think of him teaching Rich to line dance!  

Dee, beauty once again in your words ........

Cindy,

Love the picture of Tanner and your Kayla ..... sweet!  (Thanks Dan!)  Cindy, where do you live?  Colleen is coming to Pinnacle Days the weekend of October 24th.  It’s in Gore, Virginia.  And, if you have a bad day, then this site might just be all about you. ;-)

You post as much as you want ........

Lorri,

The cruise pics are fun!  Looks like a good time was had by all!  ;-)

Carol,

How are the new ears?  

Trudi,

When is the wedding?  I would love to go to one of your classes with you!  I can only imagine how much fun that would be ........ especially, with you!

Marcia,

I’m looking forward to hearing more about your Labor Day getaway.  We start our fostering classes again tomorrow.  The new county seems to want us to start over ... kind of ugh ...... but, whatever!  We’re determined to see this through!

Love!

Bonnie, Jason’s Mom

• Members

Bonnie - Have to admit, though I have never met Rich, I did smile at the thought of a big bloke teaching line dancing.  I would love to take you to a NIA class.  I was amazed at just how much I needed to find this type of release!

Pls keep us updated with the pavillion...I would (if I can) love to be a the dedication to the boy 'scrubbed in sunshine'.

• Members

Ditto that Trudi, so do let us know Bon, I would love to see the pavillion. I am so glad that this is going to happen. What a great tribute.

I am beat so I am going to sleep in a few minutes, it has been quite a week, very very busy, with a group that do exhuast. I do feel however, that the 8 or 9 kids that disrupt the class so often, are beginning to follow directions a bit more readilyl

Trudi, I know that I heard somewhere; You can't un-ring a bell...somewhere, but I do not know where, and so this moring, it flashed across my brain in relation to 9-11. No re-do this unfortunately, but once again, we have the hope and strength to  make our world work in peaceful and productive ways. If we just would.

Peace All,

dee

ps. Terie, so good to hear from you. I am sorry that your Husband had a hard day, I know that this day has been hard on you.

Love to you.

• Members

Terrie

I can totally relate to your post.  My son, Brian (Bethany, Tanner) would have all been Seniors in HS last year (would have graduated in June 09).

I just sit back and say "I can not believe where my life is now"  Without my boy, without my sense of humor.  Everyday a new life experience Brian is not part of.

I am right there with you, Terrie

• Members

Terrie, is your husband going to a therapist something he is benefiting from or is it too new to know? I know that days such as the one you described, are filled with so much heartache, the 'should have' kind of days.

Jonathan is having many friends over to his house tomorrow for the BEARS game...he just had his basement finished and husband John is over there now helping him hang pictures and things on the new walls. I was there earlier and I saw that Jon was planning on hanging a painting that his friend painted before ERi was killed. His assignment was to paint his version of a goddess. His idea of a goddess was a woman with dreads and a cap, well like a skateboard chic or a snowboard chic as Dan would say. Well Danny, the artist friend grew up alongside my kids, knew ERi like a little sister, and so when he finished his painting, he remarked to his own Mom, it looks just like ERi. His momma agreed. Well he sold this piece to a gallery. His first sale. A week later, ERi was hit by the train, and when Danny came to the hospital up in Michigan, he called his Mom and begged her to go buy back his painting, that he would have to give it to Jon. She did, he did. The painting sat at the alter in the church during ERi's funeral. I took it to my favorite framehouse and had it framed for Jon. He never hung it, couldn't until now. I am very glad to see it out in the open, the likeness is absolutely astounding. I will try to post it later. I am just glad that Jonathan is finding ways to allow some of the powerful beauty of ERi to shine through his broken heart.

Love to all on another beautiful day in Chicago.

dee

• Members

This is the photo that Danny painted at his Mom's home...

post-7435-128153894855_thumb.jpg

• Members

INDEED I AM_

GO BEARS...BEAR DOWN CHICAGO BEARS