Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members

Lynn,

Sorry you are having a hard time at work with flu shots, it doesn’t sound fun at all. I’m glad you are satisfied with Kayla's headstone and plate. I remember that being very hard and then when I saw it on the grave it really did me in. If you decide to go help with the search I’m sure you will not say anything wrong. But as I’ve said time and time again say something.

I have worked with a lady for about 8 years and see her in passing and say hello and things. Since I got a the promotion she reports up to me, so after almost 2 years she tells me this week that she never said she was sorry to hear about my daughter so she wanted to now?? What should I have said to her after almost two years? What I did say was thank you and walked off. Sorry for ranting today!

Sonya (Danielle’s Mom)

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I finally broke.

For the past hour I have been crying. We couldn't stay where my baby died. Several friends came over and packed and moved everything for us. I have been going thru it all and finding my babys things. All of his toys, his clothes, shoes. His clothes are the hardest. He had favorite shirts, his bumblebee transformer shirt I couldn't get him to take off for 3 days when he first got it. The only way I got it off of him was that he wanted it washed and stood by the washer and dryer till it was done. He did the same when he was bought star wars underoos. My baby loved star wars. I even found his darth vader mask and cape he was gonna wear for halloween this year. I found his stuffed bob the builder toy that he slept with every night. My little man loved free masonry he was learning a song called Brother Mason by frank williams it was recorded in 1906. We had his visitation and funeral at the middletown ohio masonic temple. For those 2 days he was master of the lodge. My husband gave him his masonic apron. My boy embodied the true meaning of freemasonry. That's why when we can we are purchasing him an endowed membership, from then on he will be a mason as he would of been if he had grown into a man, but he will the youngest mason on the record books.

• Members

Sonya dear, if that is ranting, then I am a total Beeeee-och. I know how you feel but the nice thing is, that woman has finally learned how to address the fact that you lost your Daughter, she finally came forward and said, "sorry." Perhaps from this, she will have learned how to approach folks in a timely manner and offer her words without hesitation. Perhaps. You were good to say, thanks. I am glad that you are going to Jay's Days.  I am happy to know that you will have James home this weekend too. Oh, and if Maddie is bored, ask her why. I know some of my kids are bored too, until we really get to know the ins and outs of one another, I can't really go forward in all the directions the kids need. I have had some cute times guys, but I will say that I have never had such a hard start to school as this year. THis is my 16th year teaching, and I am sad to say that each year there are more kids who are unable to focus, unable to listen. They hear, but do not listen, as though I am Charlie Brown's teacher, WAA-Wa  WAA-wa-WAA-waaaaa. Now there are always a few kids with listening and or processing issues, but that is on the rise each year and I am sure it is due to heavy video game playing as well as over stimulated by too much tv. The human voice when simply talking has nothing on the bells and whistles of computergames and video games. So, I have had a very tiring and difficult week, some cute things, but overall, some really sad display of behavior. NO eye contact, half hearted attempts at gettign work done, so today, I said, those of you who keep doing what you should, congratulations, you will have full free time, full recess, and I will give you an extra wow slip , those of you that have held this group up because you simply tune out, or interrupt, you will not be with your friends as they play outside on this beautiful day, you will be sitting on the bench outside watching, not playing. Recess is earned, and the behaviors I am seeing do not earn recess. So I kicked butt today, totally out of my norm, but it is hard when 9 out of 22 are spacing out, blurting out while we are doing a lesson, and in their own worlds while the rest of us are working. So today was a much better day--HOORAY!

Lynn, the flu is certainly going to affect your job, mine too. ONe child went home today with a fever, her brother was already home with one. I have to determine if I should get one or both of the shots. I am glad that you found the design you like, but I sure understand the response. It is a detail of finality, not that we don't fully understand the scope of our Kids being gone, but their names in stone is very hard to take in.  I sure am praying for your inlaws boy. How horrid that they are going through this, and I pray that he is not hurting somewhere. If you choose to go to help I am sure that your heartfelt, " I am so sorry for your worry," will be well received. If you choose not to go, you will not be a slacker. You simply are unsure if you can manage that kind of experience after having a similar one turn your life upside down. What ever you decide, it is fine.

I know when Kathy Garrigan disappeared a few years ago in Alaska, it was hard to go to the fund raisers for money to be allocated to keep the search going. She lived and grew up alongside Eri and JOn, her big Sis is Jonathan's buddy. Hundreds turned out to the three fund raisers. It was so hard and yet it would have been impossible to not go. Kathy died, along with two other young adults when their canoe tipped in icy cold water in Alaska and they hadn't put on their life jackets. The sadness that they felt was replaying for us, for all of the kids that grew up with both of our girls and families, and yet, the amazing comraderie displayed by these kids, they held each other up once again, becoming closer even than before. A lesson for we older ones, to let the arms of others wrap around us when we feel weak, and somehow we hold each other up. Our town has lost many in the last 7 years, many kids that knew one another, but we rally because we must, because our Kids would want us to/ Life is tricky, but we are here to figure a few things out.

I am loving you all oh,,,,Lori, I swear that Kim is related to our family, we have done many of those things, both my sis and I have gotten out of the car without putting it in park, Eileen also ran a guy over, (not hurt) when he stopped to help her...I laughed so friggin hard, thanks for that.

dee

• Members

Beth -  what a joy it was to log on an see your beautiful Zack looking back at me.  The cheeky boy so full of life and living it every minute full throttle from the minute he was born.  I thank you for coming back and taking time to help us know your son, your pain we understand, but Zack is someone you will have to tell us about. 

So precious to have the youngest Mason...I didn't get to see my dad Masonic apron and the keystones etc till he passed.....

I have a grandson Zak, he is 7 and another young man with no fear.........

Greg - Its the traditions I love and the grandies remind me why each time we venture out. 

Marcia - Enjoy the new adventure and making your own memories with Larry.

Lorrie - is that why they say 'blondes have more fun'? cause if it is I'm staying brunette!  I loved Lucy and Ethel!!

Sonya - If that was a rant, you my dear need lessons, I am available should want coaching!

Dee - Did I hear right - you went from 'the good Miss Conmy to the grumpy Miss Conmy'.  (lol).  I do know what you mean, there seems to be a disconnection in communication focus and retentative learning.  Even Miss Emily Jade (10) struggles to complete homework, the focus is not there.   I got the picture in my mind of Charlie Brown and couldn't stop laughing....I was called Lucy, the dark haired opinionated one.....I though she was rather shy myself.....

Lyn - Hope there is some clue as to where this young man might have gone, it is the unknow that breaks the heart and torments the mind.

Off to the daughters "Body Shop" party today.  All girls..and wait for it, I cooked.  Last night and all this morning.......I am pooped!

Sunshing, spring is in the air.....Take Care

• Members

Oh you mean she chose blonde!?  Hope her day and weekend gets better.  Is she back with her husband - I missed something I'm sure....;)

• Members

Trud, the first year following ERi's death,  I dressed as Charlie Brown for Halloween. I share many of the same traits as he. But Lucy and you? Perhaps twins...you are much cuter, and wait for it, much taller...but you sure are not as bossy. However, I would love to see you swoon over a boy and his piano. I am a lot like the Lucy and Ethel kind of Lucy, getting myself into messes, and like Charlie, not necessarily wanting to be in messes but nevertheless there. Never a dull moment. Yes, I got crabby my Dear, needed to change it up to drive home my meaning, hopefully it will be enough.

Love to you all,

Beth, good to see you here this evening.

dee

• Members

Beth,

I read about Zack and the am familiar with the song. That is beautiful that you are doing the endowed membership and what you husband did with his apron. We never had Demolay were we were stationed but always assumed sooner or later our son would join the lodge. I am a Master Mason and my father a Past Master numerous times over. Have not really thought about it much till I read your post and now it brings tears to my eyes knowing i'll never share the experiences with my son..

zach.jpg

• Members

Thank you so much for the picture I cried when I saw it. You will and do share it with your son. Every time you walk into that lodge he is there. Something you can do when you are worshipful you can dedicate your year to your son my husband is going to do that in 3 years when he is worshipful. I am guessing your lodge has just come out of being dark contact your current worshipful and ask about an endowed membership for your son.

• Members

Nicks Dad

You are truly blessed with the skills to make others happy by electronic pictures.

The Avatar that Zack's mom now proudly displays, took my breath away when I saw it.

I know both her and her husband will treasure that photo forever.

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

• Members

Zack's mom,

I read in a book one "First you loose the cat, then you loose the kitten."  Even though I do not like the word 'Loose", because we never truly loose them 

Anyway

That means, the teenager (mine 16) or adult you moved on may have given usou trouble in their older years.  Easy to want to not remember the trouble - But the young boy my son was will always stay in my memory.

Sorry you are going through this tough time, behaps Zack never gave you too much trouble.  I am happy to hear you have friends that are helping you.  Also happy to hear you are able to move some of Zack's things out?  Many cannot alter the remnants of our children - My son is one of those (his is 15 now).

Sounds like, as hard as it is, you are moving in the right direction.

One step, one breath at a time

Great job

• Members

Zacysmom---I am so sorry for your loss of your dear little boy, Zacky.

Thoughts & prayers for you at this very painful and sorrowful time.

Peace be with you.

Daveysmom,   Sherry

• Members

Lynn

My suggestion to say to any of the parents involved in the Dustin search

"I am thinking of you"

or

"I am praying for you"  which ever is appropriate.  This is a statement, not a question

Most people ask me "How are you doing?"  I respond "I am standing upright and breathing"  

I am trying to do good, but that is a hard road.

Just my 2 cents

Brian's Mother Forever

• Members

Lorri

The Kimberly story is too funny.  So much went wrong, I do not think you could make that up.

Thanks for making me laugh

I have a blonde daughter also (19),  there is not enough time to tell you all the platinum things she has done and is still doing.

• Members

Beth:  "You will and do share it with your son. Every time you walk into that lodge he is there."  Sharing your insight with Nick's Dad...you are already helping others...just by being here...a tiny step, but an important one on this journey of ours...love to you, Beth, and peace, even if only for a moment at a time.

love and peace,  carol  mikesmomrs

• Members

Its not that I am moving my Zachys things out we moved just after the death of my 5 year old boy who passed on 07/18/09 . When our friends packed everything it was all mixed together so I have been seperating Zachys belongings. I want to preserve his smell on his belongings. I want to be able to open his bags of clothes and smell him and remember.

post-35331-128153894804_thumb.jpg

• Members

Beth, where do you live? Are you near family? Did you move far from your home? I hope that going through Zach's things brings you some sense of the happiness you shared with him, he seems a very happy little boy. He will always be your Little Boy, always loving you. bless you as you find your way, remember, you are very new to this journey, as many have said, one hour at a time. The swirl of emotions and moods in a day are many, please do as I was advised and have since advised others, drink plenty of water and juice, the tears you release are dehydrating, so replenish and try to eat some protein everyday. Take a vitamin as well, some C to build your immune system which undoubtably took a hit when Zach died. Be kind to the Momma that your Boy loves.

dee

• Members

We are still in the same town and near my husbands family. I have no family but my husband and daughter. :) I was hatched on a log :) . I force myself to eat and my medication makes me thirsty so I drink water a lot. Sleep is fleeting due to flashbacks so I grab cat naps when my body shuts down. This is another hell in many that are the story of my life. I will manage to live thru this also because I have no choice, someone has to keep my family going. It is my destiny to put myself and my needs aside to care for everyone else no matter the cost to me. I have done it all my life and will continue doing so.

• Members

[user=35331]zachysmom[/user] wrote:

Its not that I am moving my Zachys things out we moved just after the death of my 5 year old boy who passed on 07/18/09 . When our friends packed everything it was all mixed together so I have been seperating Zachys belongings. I want to preserve his smell on his belongings. I want to be able to open his bags of clothes and smell him and remember.

Beth - you want the same thing that many have spoken of here. 

Your sharing of Zack, both word and picture - something that does go along way to remembering him.  It is such a long road and there are many times when without warning you hit a huge bump, but you are now here and never truly alone.

Dee - Forever the protector of the wounded heart, for you know the story.

I was on my best behaviour in MN.  I have been told I am 'single minded of purpose' and 'direct with my organisation'...polite ain't it!

Spent the afternoon till late with Melissa and her friends getting a makeover at the Body Shop party.  Listened while she chatted about the engagement, her plans for the future and her graduation from Nursing early next year.....my heart felt like it was wrapped in tight plastic.....love that she's moving on, as she should and has waited along time to 'catch a break' - but oh how that 'shouts' to my heart ..... Mike is gone..

Cloudy here, temp taking a Winter revisit - but in the true essence of Miss Dee....I am walking the Muttley Dog - come wind, rain, etc........:cool:

• Members

Please everyone take this with the politeness that is meant.

My angels' name is Zachariah. He is called Zach. He used to get very upset if you didn't call him by the right name. He can be very tempermental at times.

• Members

Today is Fathers Day here - Steven is out playing golf early, this afternoon his family and Melissa's will be together.

My dad passed in 1980 and yes I still miss him with all my heart.

This is a pic you might have all seen before......Mike with Harmony the day he became a dad.  It was September 27 2005, just after Fathers Day.  I love it.  You might notice the cute way she is holding his fingers and how he manages to flip me the bird....it wasn't the last picture he managed to do it in.......!

MichealHarmony.jpg

I said Mike loved his music.  He had a guitar given to him by Lauren (think good ex) that combined both is art and his music......

MichealsLife038_opt.jpg

Sunshine, more walking.......Peace out..

• Members

[user=35331]zachysmom[/user] wrote:

Please everyone take this with the politeness that is meant.

My angels' name is Zachariah. He is called Zach. He used to get very upset if you didn't call him by the right name. He can be very tempermental at times.

Sorry and believe me I get it.  Zach Zach Zach.....say that name loud and proud for your baby boy........:):):)

• Members

I am so pissed off right now. My 7 year old daughter told me she blames herself. I told her it wasn't her fault her brother is dead. When I told my husband how our daughter is feeling the only thing he said was "did she do something". I wanted to hit him and yell no it was you who left the gun loaded. I didn't though and I don't blame him he was trying to protect all of us.

post-35331-128153894805_thumb.jpg

• Members

Beth, Zach's death is bound to bring about a great deal of guilt and blame, children are unable to filter through it all without figuring their role. Often, when children witness a death, they feel they are in part the cause because they were unable to prevent it, and somehow, your daughter is trying to find out if she indeed is responsible. Her telling you this begs the question, is she seeing a social worker or therapist either at school or privately? What about as a family? I don't know what I would have felt or said to my spouse had he responded as your husband did, I only know that each of us that love Erica were on needles and tempers flared. Understanding the tempers, the anger, the guilt was a journey I needed assistance with. Eri's Dad never went to therapy, he recently died with leukemia, and while we were divorced 10 years before Eri's death, we had become friends again before she died so his death was a sadness deep and heavy. And Jon, lived with his Daddy after ERica died and together they tried to find life again, and were succeeding when Michael became ill. Jon took care of his dad night and day, and somehow deep inside feels there must have been somehting more he could have done. All the nurses and doctors told Jon that his Dad had the worst kind of Leukemia, that nobody could have done more for someone than he has, but still he holds onto some of this.

Our Son, Jonathan, is soon to be 28 years old, and he too has never gone to therapy, he has sleeping issues, that I believe have to do with guilt and anger. Jon is a great Kid, is a great Son, and fabulous Brother to his little Sis, Eri, but he lived with her in a town in Michigan and somehow, he feels that he should have prevented her from being where she was when the train hit her car. It is inevitable for families to hold pieces of responsibility, we all feel that "if only..." and Learning to examine why it isn't ours to hold, has been a huge source of finding my way as well as  this place has been. Jon would hate that I was talking of him here, but I think it is a good example of why therapy might be extremely beneficial. And so I hope that one day my Boy will be able to resolve his guilt.

I will keep you in my thoughts Beth, and your family.

• Members

Trudi, you are my dear friend, and I love knowing that you are soon to experience a bit more sunshine and bit more warmth. Your walks with Muttley will be spent in great weather and flowers all about. I am proud of all the walking you have been doing, you are a trooper indeed. I love the description of being a single minded focused human. It is a polite version of some other words, but I find you to be a delight.

I know that the party planning has you feeling the empty seat at the table already, as Claudia is feeling as she approaches the wedding of her Boy. It is inevitable that we learn to celebrate the goodness in our lives with both parts of our hearts, the wounded parts and the part we love our family and friends with. All goodnesses become bittersweet, but it is the sweet that we must savor, store in that part of our hearts that ache so, help to mend the ragged hole.

I like being thought of as a protector of hearts, thank you.

• Members

My little girl is seeing a therapist at cincinnati childrens. My husband and I have been working thru this with a therapist from hospice. I know my husbands comment sounded cruel and mean and at the time angered me but I understand it was due to him trying to understand why this happened. So as quickly as the anger came it left. Just another loop in the roller coaster.

• Members

Beth, how very good that the three of you are working with the help of others,  I do believe it takes strength to do so.  no, it does not sound mean, rather his comment sounds filled with ache and confusion.

Sounds as though your life was never an easy place to be. I am sorry for all you suffer now, adn I promise, it will not always be as it is today. One day, your heart will be lighter.

Peace one day,

dee

• Members

I was all discombobulated today, could not make a decision for anything. Finally, my husband said, why don't you go out to the cemetery, and so I did. I took my little journal with me and wrote a bit. I took photos of many angel statues too, so pretty. We have a flat stone, no angels, nothing ornate, and almost all of our decoratins disappear, while our neighbor graves have full displays...hmmmm.

Anyhow, I needed to sit there in the quiet of three oak trees.

Peace and good sleep,

dee

Bird Call

A blue jay calls from a high branch-

bringing autumn with her call-

The sharp tone cutting the late summer air-

the inevitable change of season on the wings of the blue jay.

She calls to the others as she flies overhead

on an early Sunday morning

and the stage is set for fall.

Dee Conmy

• Members

Dee

You are truly blessed with the ability to put pen to paper and make it sing.

Brian's favorite bird was the Blue Jay.  He liked it because of the color's and because Blue-Jays are the tough-guys of the bird world.

I have been thinking of you alot lately, because of our similar weather patterns.  I cannot say enough of how beautiful the weather is here and will be the rest of this weekend.  In the Great Lakes States, when good weather is out, so are we.

Really love my friends on BI.

I was lucky enough to talk to Cindy, Tanner's Mom.  I hope to continue our great conversations.  She is in California and I am in Wisconsin.  Across the country, but feeling the same grief, laughs, pain, and sunny days.

• Members

Colleen, I was thinking of you too, knowing how much you would enjoy this burst of wonderful weather. I cannot stay in when it is like this either.

Eri loved the bluejays too, for the same reasons as Bri, they were tough, their call was distinctive, and their beauty.

Well, I am glad that you made contact with Cindy, I am sure that your stories join in many areas, and together you build strength.

Glad you liked the poem,

peace out sister,

dee

• Members

Trudi and Claudia

We all think of the big events that our babies will not physically part of, but they will surely be there in spirit. Brian and Erica will probably both be at each of your weddings, Brian never missed a party with free food!!!

As Dee said, we do need to try to enjoy this event, for our Bride and Groom, our angle and ourselves.  Happiness and smiles bring positive energy to our lives.

Colleen, Thinking of you two today

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Colleen, Dee, and All:

I am VERY EXCITED for the events that are coming. The wedding planning is fun, and I am going to be able to go with Nikki for her final dress fitting, where she will put on all her accessories for the final effect as well. I can't wait! :) I am actually sitting here organizing my travel calendar and all of the To-Do's before I leave, during my trip and for the wedding. My dad's 70th birthday also is in the first week of October, so we will be celebrating that with him. I am so happy that I can physically be there for this. SO, a couple of really big events for my family within a couple of weeks of one another... And yes, it's hard not to think of "the empty chair". BUT we are going to honor Joey's memory at both events by speaking and displaying remembrances, and also by enjoying ourselves the way he would and the way he would want us to do as well. And with that comes the desire in my heart to make it ever as exciting and wonderful as I possibly can. I know there will be some tears. But hopefully not too many, because the wedding pictures will be taken AFTER the ceremony. ;) I guess that will be my motivation to keep myself together. Ha Ha! Seriously though, I have had some very sad moments in the past few weeks, but they pass quickly, and I just know in my heart that the angels are rejoicing for us and our happiness, despite missing Joey. :)

I leave a week from tomorrow to start my journey to visit my family for a few weeks before the wedding. Lots to do before then. I've been reading but not posting a lot. But you all are with me... :) Love and Blessings to you all!!

~Claudia (4EverJoeysMom) and the very happy mother of a handsome groom-to-be and his beautiful bride. :)

• Members

Oh Claudia, I am so excited for you. Yes, I know that you have had some bittersweet moments leading up to this event, but I agree, Joey will be there blessing the event of his Grandad turning 70, and his brother and Nikki's wedding. What a packed full time of wonder. Joey is smiling on your busy times and saying, " what a  great Mom I have."

• Members

HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YAL

KODY DIDNT DO SO WELL HIS DRIVESHAFT FELL OUT, BUT HE JUST TAKES IT LIKE A GROWN MAN ( OR BETTER) NOTHING BOTHERS THIS BOY...

IM HOPING TO POST PICS SOON IM WAITING ON THE CD OF PICS FROM MY SISTER..GOT SOME FUNNY ONES...(NONE OF ME OF COURSE)

HAVE A BLESSED DAY..

OH AND I FORGOT TO TELL YAL...IDK Y I DID ITS ONLY THE BEST NEWS EVER

KOURTNEYS KLOSET GOT THE VALERO GRANT WE GO SEPT 18TH TO A DINNER TO RECIEVE IT...WE ARE TRULY GOING TO BE ABLE TO BLESS PPL NOW...

• Members

Claudia - at the Body Shop party Melissa's sister-in-law to be was there.  As I was leaving I said say hi to your mum, she's now M.O.G (mog) and I'm M.O.B (mob)......the whole group laughed and you know it felt good.......keep counting the sleeps before you fly, it makes it go quickly!

Colleen - you have come such a long way on this journey in a short time.  Your positive attitude and your reaching out to others is amazing, but then you are an amazing person....

M.I.A - Kathy, miss seeing Jessica's smile - Has Tavian returned to school? Pls let us know.

Bonnie - another smiling face I miss seeing - Hoping all is going well and the pressure is easing from you heart and mind.

Dee - Took Muttley to a man made lake near where I used to live when the kids were young.  Its has a 'bird sanctuary' area full of reeds and breeding boxes....It was early morning when we walked and the water was still with a chill in the air.....pics next time.

Don't anyone faint, but I am off to Pilates today.  I know, walking and Pilates, what am I thinking?  Need to at least try to align the mind and body.

Trudi

• Members

WHOO-HOOO on pilates. You can teach us all at the next reunion.

WHOO-HOOO on the grant for you Lori, how lovely.

• Members

Dee----Thanks for your poem 'Bird Call'. Yes, it is so restful, and comforting

to stop & observe the subtle, and not so subtle, changes that are taking

place in nature. I, too, love the blue jays. One reason is that they are around

all winter for us to observe. Our canaries at the feeders are already losing their

brilliant yellow coloring. Even though one may feel a little melancholy seeing the

decline of flowers, weeds, etc.., I love the sound of the crickets, and sights and

smells. Nature is a great healer.  Peace to you, friend.

Daveysmom, Sherry

• Members

Hi Sherry, yes the jays stay all winter and certainly show well against the snow. They seem to nest in pine trees. When the kids were little, we would go to the western side of Michigan for our vacations, hiking in the pine forests near lake michigan. Eri would always love one specific hiking trail that Jon and she name a hundred steps, because of the long flights of steps built into the hills as we climbed, the jays were more and more abundant, high in the pine branches. On a walk today, I saw several trees beginning to change. A few maples and some birch. The sqirrells are nuts as well, and there are acorns everywhere. I too love the change, just hate losing the light of day earlier.

Love to you Sherry,

dee

• Members

It is late so this will be a quick post and I will catch up with all over the next couple days.   We have been camping since last Sunday at Gin Beach and not able to get on the internet there - I have missed you all so much, so hard to be away for 7 days and not talk to you and then LOTS to catch up on.   Anyway it was a beautiful week, lots of warm weather, good frinds and best of all our Tavian is home!!! He has grown a few inches and seems to have matured a bit. Cannot tell you all how great it is to have him home and he was so excited to see me - he flew into my arms, wrapped his legs around my waist, his arms around my neck and we hugged and laughed (I cried later!!) - we had so much to catch up on and so glad I took this past week off to camp with him and Barry. School starts Wednesday and I am off until then so we still have 2 more days of fun!!! As always missing my girl but I can honestly say I felt her with us this week, smiling down on us and telling all our Angels how proud she is of her Tavian. Right now he wants me to watch a movie with him so I will post a few pics of him and say good night - Peace and love and so GREAT to be back on BI my friends.  Kathy

• Members

Oh Kath, how wonderful to read your words of a fine week at Gin Beach. How did that beach get that name? Tavian looks older, those muscles in his arms, my goodness, our boy is growing up. His eyes with those sun-bleached brows, he is the color of beach and sky. Pretty little boy, loving his Grammy.

Sleep tight all, my eyes are slamming,

dee

• Members

Kathy - You close your eyes and in a blink the baby boy grows!!  The hair, the muscles, the height, the tan....ahhh but that smile, that will never change...

Lobster and chocolate mousse - I can relate to that.

Okay Dee and Bonnie - I know I said I was at pilates today, but did you really have to send Eri and Jay to check?  I came from class and as I drove home in front of me was a blue coupe with an 8" Tinkerbell on the back windshield.   Then after a shower I wandered around the next town over, low and behold a Rubicon parks next to me....Funny how seeing these things brightens my day for all the right reasons....

Trudi  :cool:

• Members

Kathy:  So glad to see your smiling girl again, and that Tavian...oh my, give him some "stop growing" pills or something...he certainly has grown a "few inches" over the summer...but as Trudi says, that same smile...  So glad you had a good time at the beach, also.  Yes, it has been great weather for it...I went this week with my grandson on Thursday and then with my daughter and her youngest on Saturday...great fun...the waves were high and we body-surfed (well, I body-surfed and then rolled around like a rock being strewn about by the waves most of the time!!!) and had a great time topped off with a dinner of chowder (or, "chowdah!") and seafood...yum! 

Lorri...so great about the award, congratulations! 

Trudi:  Pilates?!?!?  Good for you; you go girl!   You'll have those new walkers worn out so you will HAVE to come to the states next year for a new pair!  I love that you saw the "Tink" and the Rubicon...yes, they are watching us, all...I wrote Mike's name in the sand again on Saturday, and as I turned to walk back to our "place," I saw a small heart imprinted in the sand, right by the end of his name! 

Sherry:  I too love the sounds of the late summer nights...the crickets, and the settling of the birds and such about us...the porch lights in the distance, lined up along the walkways, seeming to blink at you as the leaves are rustled by the breeze... peaceful, quiet, and calming.  I try not to think about what it all portends, so that I can enjoy the beauty of the now...I loved the poem, Dee, and I know that Eri was listening to you as you sat by her "site" to help bring some peace to your heart. 

Claudia...your excitement is palpable...thanks so much for sharing...you will have a wonderful time, yes, there will be tears, but the warmth of the hearts about you  and of course your own, will help them be scented with joy. 

Bonnie:  I hope all is well...

Colleen:  hey, girl, hope you had a nice weekend, also...thinking of you...

All:  just saying "hey" and thinking of all of you as this summer winds down, or in the case of Trudi...winds uP  (of course, sometimes "winds up" means "ends" but you all know what I mean...don't you?  lol!)

love and peace,    carol  mikesmomrs

my trip to the beach with Damon on Thursday...

Damon...buried in the sand...notice the wriggling little toes...sneaky pete!

DamonburiedinthesandatYorkBch090309.jpg

Damon's working hard to fill up the moat in the sand castle he built...

Damonhardatworkcarryingwater.jpg

a little sandy heart "hello" on my shoe... from Mike? 

heartonmyshoe.jpg

• Members
heartbeataway

Pilates girl aka Trudi ...

I like that you saw the Rubi with the Tink.  I actually believe Jay and Eri would have gotten along well.  They enjoy the same music and both had free spirits. He was not materialistic and loved nature.  I have video of him out with his friends and shooting video.  At one point, he pans across the view and you hear him say, "Man, it's awesome up here."  I like to imagine that's what he's saying all the time now .......

Kathy - welcome back from vacation.  Tavian is going from cute to handsome ..... if I were a little girl, I think I would want to marry him too! 

Dee - you do have a way with words!  I hope today will be better and that miss in your heart will be a little softer.  You're blessed to have a husband who understands when you need to go visit Eri's place.

Colleen, looking forward to your visit.

Claudia,

I can just imagine your excitement as time moves closer to your visit.  I'm excited for you!

Carol,

Love the pictures and Damon!  That heart on your shoe, who else would it be from? ;-)

My pups are wanting breakfast ...... gotta go!

Love,

Bonnie, Jay's Mom