Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members
tanmanmymagicman

Our sweet Pups.....thank you something to smile about and warm our hearts.....I love animals........ we have 4 dogs....... 2 big old labs (I worry about losing them) and then a 5 year old mini MEAN dachshund; and then and funny crazy English Bulldog.......what life he has brought into our life........I got him for Christmas the year we lost Tanner and I DID NOT WANT A PUPPY; but of course now we love him and would probably die for him...lol............If I was as smart as all of you I could post pictures of my grandchildren; and my dogs........oh did I mention we have big coy fish also...........Can't sleep as usual.....Blessings; hope tomorrow is good to you all;

Tanner's mom; Cindy

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Good morning to All. Im in bit of a rush and will make this as brief as possible:

Cindy- I so miss the companionship of having pets. We were mostly cat people but 2 chichuchuas. They could be quite a handful but missed dearly.

Marcia- you picked the perfect frame to use for the perfect picture. Such a nice gift you gave.

Bonnie- Thank you for sharing your walk. Lovely sight to see while walking the furry family.

Trudi- definately no fairies have been here either. I found myself apologizing recently to Randy for not keeping up with the housework as before. I noticed the cob webs at the front door as well so the plan of action is to begin tomorrow :)

Dee- you are the sunshine the kids need in their lives. Have a splendid school year.

Amanda- one of the most beautiful expecting moms I have seen. Glad to know all is well so please try to relax and enjoy the moment. Keep the updates coming!

Shelly- Wow! So much on your plate and more being piled on. Strength and peace my friend. Enjoy your trip and please take time out for YOU.

Hey Colleen- so nice to Brians face smiling back at me.

Ummm guys? Where did ya go? Hope all is well.

Ooooops- I really lost track of time and need to run off to work. Sorry for leaving some names out but well you all know how that is, nothing personal.

Thinking of you all today and always.

Betsy- where the heck you hiding? Its been awhile :(   miss you

Lynn

• Members
cameronsmom1

Thanks for all the comments. Things have really been going good. I haven't really been feeling the way I was before and am allowing myself to be excited. Now i'm just realizing how close it is to my due date and I have nothing. I know I was thinking about waiting to do a baby shower after he is here but I think if I go into labor and have nothing for the baby I will be freaking out. So I may possibly go ahead and let my sister do a baby shower for me but just the necessities like diapers, wipes, bottles, clothes.  No big stuff. Well I go get my heart monitor today, not really looking forward to 30 days with that thing but better safe then sorry.

Amanda

• Members

I did it...

I hired a cleaning lady!!!

Since Brian died, cleaning toilets and showers is the least of my thoughts.

I am starting back full time at work in 2 weeks and can more than pay for the cleaning lady with my one extra day at work.

I really do not like full time, but my job is such that I am needed all 5 days (I draw the line on weekends).

She comes this Thursday, I will tell you how it goes.

YEAHHHHHH

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

• Members

Nice pictures Bonnie. They look like your a pro.

• Members
heartbeataway

Colleen,

Good for you!  I use help on occasion.  My problem is that I'm picky.  If they don't clean like I would clean then I feel bad paying money.  I'm one strange duck I guess!

I'm a terrible housekeeper when it comes to timely but I'm a great cleaner. Very detail oriented. ;)

We have someone who has stayed at the house and watched the dogs.  She also cleans.  She cleaned our hardwood floors with Pinesol.  It put what I call a film on them ..... that was not fun!  And she cleaned the kitchen cabinets with something that made them feel oily.  I couldn't stand that.

I'm not a neatnik but I am a picky cleaner ...... and you would NEVER know it if you came to our house!

Amanda,

I wish I could take the fear away.  I just know everything is going to be fine with your little one.  So, you better get ready for him!  :P

Dee,

A child is just plain blessed to have you for their teacher!  I would love to have had a "hippie" as a teacher when I was in elementary school.  Of course, since I was in such a strict religious environment, I would have been scared for you. Since, you would have been going straight to hell and all ........ :D  You know I love you!

Lynn,

I'm looking forward to meeting you one day.  I think you have a keen sense of humor!  Hope you have a good one, day that is.  If I didn't mention it, I really like your tat!

Marcia ...... I miss you sweet lady!  I hope you're feeling better!  I'm STILL having some little sinus issues.  But I am getting my energy back.  Thank the Lord for that!

Gotta go .... pups need to be walked and I have a hungry husband.

Love for this, our journey,

Bonnie

• Members
cameronsmom1

I just wanted to let you all know that a co-worker of mine that delivers our interdepartment mail recently lost his 21 year old daughter. She was hit by a drunk driver. I have made him a card and invited him to this site. I'm not sure that he will come or not but I hope that he at least takes a look. I'm sure it will take time. His name is Donnie Alford. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Amanda

• Members

HI Lynn, lurking, reading. I haven't been feeling well so kept my appointment with my Doc. BP is really high, had some blood work, got a scolding, on the way to better health I hope.

My anger, angst, has subsided some. Just generally po'ed at people but realizing that decisions or inaction's can not change an outcome and that if only we knew, they knew,he knew... but my thoughts are all conjecture.

I was thinking of Rich's dad. maybe this is a guy thing but Rich had a good friend, or so he thought, for many years. I knew Dan, he lived with us for a time after finding out he was homeless. Rich told me. So I know the kid and knew where he came from, know his mom and dad...I had sympathy for him and still do though I realize his actions are now solely his.

Dan stole Rich's drill charger a few months before Rich died. Rich confronted Dan, the friendship feel apart but now I believe that Rich, seeing all, and even before his death, forgave him to some extent. Rich's dad on the other hand never did. Not long after Rich died, his dad saw Dan out and punched him. Like I said, a guy thing? Grief ?

I don't suppose it made him feel better. Rich is still gone and I think we are mad at that. I have my feelings and sometimes think of releasing them online, pointing a finger, accusing, mad, wanting to yell but in the end I realize that what I want to say will only hurt more . I'm doing my best to move on from feelings.

One day I wrote an email to someone and it wasn't nice. That email never made it out of my "sent" box....Rich saying stop mom, it doesn't matter now. The email had just disappeared. A glitch? Maybe not.

A kind, old soul he was. I'l keep the memory as that.

Betsy,myson Rich

post-27668-128153894734_thumb.jpg

• Members

Dee, the book I picked up from the author; Col Ray Ward,  " March Into The Endless Mountains", The Beginnings of War on The Western Frontier of America. ...someday I'll open it.

• Members

Hello All,

So much to read in just the few days I’ve been away. The seasons changing school starting, Danielle’s birthday coming up next month. My birthday whatever the reason I’ve been down and out for a couple of weeks. I’ve been reading but not posting but thinking of you all each day.

Dee – Glad school as started back and you have a great group of people.

Betsy – Rich’s Mom – On my way to work this morning there was a young man jogging down the road he reminded me so much of your son. I watched him in my rear view mirror for as long as I could. I thought of Rich and you this morning. Said a prayer for you.

Amanda – How beautiful you look!

Trudi – Welcome back world traveler!

To everyone else my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Sonya (Danielle’s Mom)

• Members
heartbeataway

Greg,

Thanks for the compliment on the pictures.  I am definitely not professional! I think I was just in the right place at the right time.

Books ....

I also like to read. Lately it seems I've read more magazine articles, etc...

But I recently finished The Story of Edgar Sawtelle: a novel by David Wroblewski.  I enjoyed it. If anyone is interested, I'll send it to you.  It did get wet in my pool bag when a bottle of water opened but it's still a good read.

Rich and I went to our favorite Italian restaurant tonight. We needed to get out and have a glass of wine. My problem now is that I want to go to sleep! :?

Until later,

Bonnie, Jason's Mom

• Members

[user=19062]daniellemom[/user] wrote:

Betsy – Rich’s Mom – On my way to work this morning there was a young man jogging down the road he reminded me so much of your son. I watched him in my rear view mirror for as long as I could. I thought of Rich and you this morning. Said a prayer for you.

Thank you.

• Members

Bonnie - the pics are beautiful!!

Carol - yes a day off to myself was very good indeed - Tavian will be "charging in" on Saturday and I CANNOT WAIT - I MISS HIM SO!!!!

I am so sorry to hear that Donnie lost his 21 year old daughter!!! I will keep he and his family in my prayers - it always hurts so much when another child is taken.

Sonya - yes my friend, your birthday and Danielle's coming up takes a toll on ones heart and soul. Thinking of you as always - when is Danielle's birthday?? When is yours??

Valinda - if you are reading at all I am watching for you, thinking of you and waiting for a post. Take your time and come when you can - always here.

The pic of you guys at the reunion is sooooo wonderful - that Marcia is something else!!

Very tired tonight, nice long day at the beach with my sister-in-law, peaceful and just talking.

I was thinking today (as always) and I realized that I have come a long way because I remember in the beginning how very angry I was and I kept saying "why my daughter, why not someone else's child??"  and now I realize how awful that was, how I never want anyone else to feel this pain and yet I read or see every day that another parent has lost a child and my heart breaks all over again.

Love, peace and sweet dreams to all - Kathy

• Members

Yes well the fairies have taken long service leave here.  Apparently while I was away they were scared of all the boys in the house so nothing really got done.

Amanda - No over reacting - just knowledge that allows you to be mindful.  Love your picture, they say pregnancy brings  radiance and that is so true when I look at your smiling face.....

Shelley- My alone time was found in the 14hrs it took to reach the US.  That and the wee small hours in MN.  It bought me time to align my scattered thoughts of the past 2 & more years... to realise there was this sliver of light above the dark clouds that had taken up residence in my heart and mind.   Enjoy your solitude I hope it serves you well.

Carol - The eyes and the words of our sons stays with me.  I would love for you to walk with Muttley and I.  We have a small town but lots of little coffee shops along the way......I will take you and Mike with us each day as we wander the town....

Bonnie  - I love those evening mist pictures.  Your babies are lovely - I have found out much about 'Emotional Support Dogs' - to qualify Muttley has to leave home and go to training school - I think I'd rather have him here with me for the time being...

Dee - Arggghhhhh - Losing a post sux!  Glad to see the school year if off to a flying start....the meeting sound a bit ordinary, but I think you will bring your own to them!  I too would have loved a gentle free spirit to enter my early life and teach me - Many have the knowledge to teach, its rare to find someone who can.......

Entry into Harmony's journal - something I keep for when she finds her way home.....Keep her safe Micheal Shane.....

"Once a heart is broken, even with all the pieces together, it is unlikely to ever beat the same again".......

Its okay to smile, to laugh and at times be less serious........

post-17130-128153894736_thumb.jpg

• Members

Trudi:  thank you so much for the picture...I had totally forgotten about that one...I don't have it on my camera...I don't think John had my camera on his arm at the time...too bad someone didn't think to take a picture of John with 6 cameras hanging from his arm...or did someone?   I love the words you've written for Harmony...the things you are putting together for her will one day find their way to her hands, and directly to her heart...you are doing a good thing, Trudi...

Sonya:  so good to see your smiling Danielle...I will be thinking of you and holding you close as you near her birthday and yours...I think that each year is different...this year was so hard for some reason, harder than last...

Mike's best friend, Denis, and I unexpectedly went to the ballgame tonight...for the first time in over five years that I've been going to games, hubby saw us on TV when they panned the stands at the end of the game...I have circled our faces to make it more clear...though Denis certainly stands out in a crowd...does he not?  I am leaning back, with a camera that the people in front of us had given to me to take their picture.  Hubby was so excited that he not only saw us, but had the presence of mind to pause the tv so he could take a picture!  He is just so very smart!  :D  Anyway, not a very good pic, but I did want to share my favorite past-time...

denisandCarolatballgame0826092.jpg

On the way home, we were sharing stories about Mike....one of the reaons I love going out with Denis...especially to a game, as it is a 1 1/2 hour drive each way...so lots of time to hear Mike's name...  So, on the way home we stopped at a McDonalds for Denis to get a burger, and his change was a dollar bill and a penny...I told him to look at the penny...yes, it was a 1975, Mike's birth year.  Denis held it for a moment, then smiled and put it in his wallet for safekeeping.  It was the first one he's gotten...at least that he knows of...:)

Hubby had a personal therapist come to the house today to evaluate him for a "reconditioning" program, and I spent all morning before she came doing what those danged fairies failed to do...dusting, mopping, cleaning, putting stuff away, etc., etc.  It's done, though, and perhaps we can keep it that way for a moment or two?  Not a chance....:?

So, a long day, but one with some wonders and some delights...always feel so close to Mike when I am at Fenway Park...I know he is there with us...  

Dee (and Kay?)  thinking of you as you begin another year with another bevy of ducklings, waiting to sponge up all that you impart with your sweet and gentle ways of teaching them...

Bonnie:  I loved the pics, almost ethereal...such a quiet and peaceful looking place for you to walk, thanks for sharing.

sleep well all...

love and peace, carol  mikesmomrs

• Members

Love that photo too Trudi, and Carol, love that you were able to sspend time with Denis and that he found the penny. COOL all the way around.

Hang tight Danielle, the ups and downs of it all. Is James back at school?

dee

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Sonya, Thinking of you with the coming birthdays and also Danielle's angel date in October. Do you have any special plans for Oct 11th? I am going to be in your area during that time...very near you....would love to see you. Pinnacle Days sadly isn't going to work out for me, as I have to return here on the 22nd, and that weekend is the 24th. :( I hate missing the opportunity to meet Bonnie. But also wondering if maybe I can meat Teri too. Do you still visit with Teri?

Carol, love seeing you in the Red Sox bleachers. Cool!!!

Bonnie, loved your photos...the train tracks were a bit "haunting" to me. I don't see tracks often...no trains here. Still shakes me inside...

Amanda, Thank God you and baby are well. Though the heart monitor will be uncomfortable, I would take it any day if it ensures a safer observation and delivery of your precious little one. :) Saying prayers for you.

Trudi, I absolutely LOVE the photo you posted of you and the girls. I hadn't seen that one. Is there a story behind it??

Kathy, I'm sure you will be glad to have Tavian back. Let us know when he arrives and how he is doing. I pray he will be so filled with joy to be back in your arms. :)

• Members

Sonya, I called you Danielle today and I hope that that didn't shake you up. I am sorry. I know what birthdays can do to a person in our shoes. When is your actual birthday Sonya?

One of my students found out that he and I share the same birthday adn he said, " we are twins." So cute, then he asked what year I was born adn when I told him he looked at me like I was out of my mind, and said," are you serious, you are over 150 years old?" I laughed so hard, and said, " not 1856, 1956." Now he just looks at me and grins, and says, I didn't think that you were over 150 years old.

Funny but exhausting kids. Oh my goodness.

Thanks to all for the kind words about teaching, it definitely is my calling, and I am grateful for that.

Peace, joy, and hope,

dee

• Members

Oh Dee - they are the most precious of beings aren't they.  Caleb and Zak have me at around the 100.......but not too old!!

The picture, well I think Bonnie was trying for a non staged, unique picture of the 6 of us.....I will post more of what I have on the "unoffical reunion' thread.  This is a foyer area (?) above is the bar.  This is where I had my first Buffalo Wings - no not with the hot sauce!  Huge meals...

Carol - Great picture - your hubby truly is exceptional.... I know what you mean about spending time with Mikes friend.  Lauren (Mikes girlfriend for 10yrs before Amanda) is still very much apart of our family.  Though she has another man in her life, she still has Mikes pictures in a silver frame in her lounge with his ID bracelet hanging on the corner.  She is in Bali now and in October will be taking Miss Emily to Queensland for a couple of days.  She and Mike sought of adopted Emily (Melissa's girl) as their own.....

Colleen - a housekeeper - oh yeah!!  I remember long long ago being a nurse/home help for those who had kids with special needs....the time could be used with me cleaning to give them a break or just attending to the kids.....thing was most would spend a couple of days before my visit to 'clean the house'!!   Hope you beautiful kids are doing okay and being full time isn't taking too much out of you.....

Trudi - :cool:

• Members

Dee – Thanks for the laugh! 150 you look darn good to be 150!! Too funny. James is back in school and he is growing up this year he’s been there 2 weeks and not coming home until Labor Day. Danielle’s birthday is September 20 same day as Bethany’s angel date. I’ve been thinking about her a lot this week. Haven’t seen many post hoping she is not down and out about the day coming up for her. You calling me Danielle just made me sit up a little taller, Thanks!

Carol – A star for sure! Love the picture and sure glad you have a buddy of Mike’s that still comes around and gives you some Mike time!

Claudia – No plans for October 11, just get to October 15th. Teri and I would love to come see you while you are in NC. Just let me know what day would be good for you and we will be there. I’m trying to make plans to still go see Bonnie that weekend even if I have to do it alone.

Kathy – I know you will be so glad to see your little man come busting back in on Saturday! My birthday was the 19th just 1 day before Mike’s (Carol’s).

Betsy - While the young man reminded me of your Rich he was not as handsome as Rich.

Love to everyone!

Sonya (Danielle’s Mom)

• Members

Oh, ok, now I get it- the picture was taken after you all left the bar! ;)

• Members
heartbeataway

Lynn,

There are actually much worst copies of this picture!  I did not post mine!  It looks like I'm not conscious and they are trying to drag me or something!  Too funny!

I wanted a picture where we were all doing something unique or funny or  ......

anyway,  it didn't work!!

Trudi .... exactly why did you post that??  ;-)  <3 u!

Love!

Bonnie, Jay's Mom

We had a sad tough day.  Jason's cousin that came to work for BRD finally told us that he has not been happy and wants to have his own company.  Of course we have known that he had already started his own company, obtained licenses, etc .... while working for us.

We feel just a little used .......

This too shall pass!

• Members

Wow Carol, you are talented to pull the photo off TV and post here.  I am impressed.

Hello to everyone.

I just had the pleasure of talking to Carol on the phone.  I feel so comfortable with her and the other 4 ladys.

Thanks to the 5 of you for making my life a little brighter.

• Members

And to you Colleen. Thank you for your part in this comfort/

• Members

Go ahead- post em ALL! I think its a hoot to see everyone having a good time.

Im also impressed with the picture taken from the television. Now thats some fast acting/thinking. Looks like another great time at the ball park.

Keeping busy and trying to stay focused on the cleaning I promised to do with my 3 days off. Taking Randy to get a tattoo ( Vikings ) for his birthday tomorrow then taking a 1 & 1/2 hour trip for dinner. We are going to have a horseshoe; whatever that may be. We saw it on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives. I just love that show and finally found a place not too far from here.

Bought a blackberry so Im trying to learn a bit more about technology. Whew- amazing what a phone is used for these days. Kayla is surely shaking her head and laughing at mom now :P.

Hope all is well. Thinking of all who have angelversarys/birthdays/trips...

Lynn

post-23331-128153894738_thumb.jpg

• Members

Lynn and Bonnie----Love the pics of the pups !!  Thanks

Sonya---Glad to see you back. Yes, it does take some reading to catch up

on the posts after being away a day or two.:(.....Takes awhile.

Sherry

• Members

Yes, cannot wait for Tavian but looks like the camping will be postponed due to the knew tropical storm coming "Danny" - not bad but the surf will be up and rain so they will close Gin Beach. Will most likely be able to gon on by Tuesayd or sooner if the storm moves as quickly as they say - hope so as I am so looking forward to FUN time with Tavian!!!

Cut my hair today, colored and highlighted - wow - feels so much better and wish I could say it makes me look "younger" but do no think much will help me in that area except a good face lift, lypo, tummy tuck etc - and since none of that is going to happen I am what I am!!

Sonya - thank you for helping me to remember Danielle's b'day - I do not know what is wrong with me lately - I cannot seem to remember anything - I will be talking to my husband and stop mid-sentence becuz I forgot whai I was going to say!!! Old age??

Trudi - love the pic - you all just to funny and I love that - it makes me feel even closer to all when pics are posted. Will need new ones of Tavian as I am sure he has grown at least 2 inches over the summer. Never again will I let him be away for so long - you know we try to make the right choices, what is best for all and then end up questioning yourself over the choice - makes one crazy!!!   A nice walk and a latte??

Can someone tell me when Kourtney's b'day is??  (I told you I am losing my mind)!!

The fairies did not show up again today so I had to do the wash and dishes !!!

Missing my Jessica so much today - some days just slam you up against the wall and you just want to scream and instead you go about your day at work, running errands just so you don't run down the street like a mad woman screaming at the top of your lungs!!!

Peace and love to all - Kathy   

• Members

This is Luigi. Pappa to the lil one shown earlier

post-23331-128153894741_thumb.jpg

• Members

It isnt a very good picture but here is one of me and Randy

post-23331-128153894745_thumb.jpg

• Members

Lynn, love the photos. I am a big-dog person, so when I see little dogs I just get such a giggle. Now, I have to say that I have a puppet, named Stellaluna after the fruit-bat in the now famous picture book. I swear your Luigi if given wings, looks very much like her. I love Luigi's feet. Is he a sweetie?

I love the photo of you and Randy. What do you mean it isn't a good one, it really is. Thanks for sharing. We all see where Kayla inherited the smile from. She has your smile. Yes, I am quite sure that Kayla and Erica are laughing at any attempts to be techno-savvy. I am so not. Infact the only blackberry I know are on a bush in my yard.

Love,

dee

• Members

Kathy, hair cuts can be quite theraputic. Sometimes they can be the opposite. I have had some doozies. But I too need one, and am thinking of going a bit shorter this time, not sure. My first haircut ever was on my 12th birthday. I had hair down to the hem on my shorts.

I know that you will delight in Tavian's return. Remember he may have a bit of adjusting to do, a bit of kickback as he finds his footing with a different set of rules. Give him a hug from me please. And a big one for you from me.

Dee

• Members

Lynn, thank you for sharing the pic of you and Randy, now I can put a fafe with the voicfe I hear as I read your postings... .I agree with Dee I can see Kayla's smile in yours.  As a child we had chihuahua's, they were nice but never very loving.... always a bit 'snippy' .  When Larry and I first got together children were not even in the plan, so we got our first baby... .Lyla.. a white boxer, she was a sweetie, so protective of Bethany when she was born... but for about 3 years Lyla was our only 'baby'.  For thoswe of you who have been wondering, I am still here, reading everyday or evening, but overwhelmed with paperwork that should have been done months ago... now I am under the gun to get it finsihed, so I have disciplined myself no to spend the days here on the forum.....You are all in my hearts and in my prayers. I will 'be back' soon. Love to you all, Marcia   Bethany's Mom Forever

• Members

Lynn:  The pictures are just great...thanks so much for sharing, and I agree...Kayla's smile came directly from her mom...just beautiful...

Marcia:  so good to hear from you and see your beautiful Bethany's smile...I am so sorry that you are so inundated with paperwork...I remember those days and they used to drive me up the wall :D  And I am a procrastinator when it comes to paperwork, so when it finally couldn't wait any longer, I would have to work late to get it done...  But, take your time, take care of yourself.  Thinking of you.

Thank you, Colleen, for your "phone time," it was good to talk with you and not worry about what I was going to say or that I might let Mike's name slip from my lips... MIKE, BRIAN--- MIKE, BRIAN--- MIKE and of course, MIKE, BRAIN...

Bonnie:  Wow!  That is just awful about Jay's cousin, and I can sure see why you would feel "used."  I wonder if his mom had anything to do with this "sudden" decision, or perhaps he used the job you gave him to help him get the start to be on his own and to heck with his mom, as well?  It hurts, but it sounds as though you are well rid of him and his manipulating...I hope his leaving didn't leave you all shorthanded...but I imagine in this economy, you likely won't have a hard time finding help...it just may take time to find someone qualified for the job.  Good luck, sweetie. 

Trudi:  Your tales of having people clean their house before you would get there gave me a chuckle and a reminder of when we lived in Italy...we had a housekeeper there, and she came once a week (oh, what welcomed luxury that was) and I used to make everyone "pick up" their stuff the night before. Hubby would say "I can't believe we are cleaning before the cleaning person gets here!"  I would say "we are NOT "cleaning," we are picking up...I am not paying her to "pick up" everyone's mess, I am paying her to clean...she can't clean much if she has to spend the first hour picking up."  He would just shrug and walk off...and get back to "picking up."  :D  She is the person, by the way, who I told to please "wash the windows in the salad" because I forgot that the Italian word for living room is "insulato" and I said "insulata" which is salad...it was a while before I was allowed to forget about that one...:D

love and peace  carol   mikesmomrs

• Members

Wow, that dog is small.

Our Golden is 115lbs.  I have always had very big dogs.  Great Pyranese, 140lbs.  Beautiful dog and was perfect for Wisconsin weather.

Is your dog smaller than my cat, Tootsie, she is 13lbs?

Colleen

• Members

Hello Marcia

I see you are on-line!?!?!?!

Hope your paperwork-jungle is starting to be trimmed?

We are going to a Friday Fish Fry tonite at Bushy's(?).  Friday fish frys are big in Wi.

Tonite, I am buying 2 and getting 2 (total of 4) UWM Badger football tickets from my long-time friend and ex-boss, Bob.

Bob has been my friend for about 10 years and he holds session tickets to both UWM Badger Football and Hockey.

I am giving the other 2 tickets to my daughter (remember the one I never do anything for)(snicker's fit).  Michelle and Jake and Scott and I will all go together to the game, but we will not sit together (different sections).

Thinking of you all

• Members

Yes Colleen, Luigi only weighed 5 lbs and that was full grown. He is known as a miniature ( not teacup ). Momma of the baby is a bit bigger and weighed around 8 lbs. Oh yes, definately nippy. The bark and shake at every little noise which would be annoying but excellent protectors of their owners. Funniest thing was that all 4 of our cats outweighed them. We too had large cats 10- 14 lbs each. Will post pix of them soon now that I have figured out how. The only real thing I dislike about living here is not able to have pets. I have found that I dont miss all the hair clinging to baseboards or the furniture :D.  I had a chow/lab mix but had to put her down as she became quite aggressive and had bitten 3 people. The vet assured me that she most likely had a chemical embalance and could not be taught otherwise. A very heartbreaking thing to have to do but after exhausting all other possibilities we decided it was best.

This fairy is done cleaning for a couple of days. Spending quiet time at home with the birthday boy :dude:.                     

Have a splendid day.            

Lynn                                  I so miss that huge smile of my girl.

• Members

Carol - that would be why I didn't rely on the French I learnt for 6 years at high school when we travelled to France earlier.....not such what I might have said! 

Lyn - yep another face to the postings, your smile is great and your boy so handsome.  We had a mini dashie when I was a teenager.  We came from farming to the city and dad's collie from the farm was killed on the road.  It was a long time before he 'saved' Dottie.  She was the runt.

When the kids were little we got a collie kelpie cross from a farm.  He made this little 'ruff ruff' noise for the entire trip (2hrs) home.  Needless to say the kids named him Ruff.  We had him for 15yrs....

This weekends project is to put together Melissa's engagement invites.  She has chosen Oct 31st to have her party.  She is inviting 70 people so that the wedding might be kept to a small intimate party. She wants to marry in the high country...similar Bonnie to where Pinnicle Days is held......

I am sorry to hear that your nephew is leaving, but I wonder the same as Carol if there isn't an underlining issue.  Is he going to be in competition with Jays business?   You know I thought about 'saying their names' the other day....Jay's is out there everywhere through his company......:)

Oh yeah the picture - well, it had to be done...there are more....watch this space...

:cool:

• Members

• Members

Lynn-----Nice pic of you & Randy. Also, your dog is cute as can be. He

reminds me of a story.........In the town where I used to live....I was

reading the police reports. At a domestic dispute call, an officer was nipped

on the ankle by a dog. In the written report....an officer wrote "Officer  was

bitten on the ankle by a 'TACO BELL Dog.'  He didn't know how to spell the

dog's breed  (I don't know how to spell it either :(  :). )  Chiauiuau ???? :D

( Oh well........:( )

Daveysmom,  Sherry

• Members

How can our kids ever be forgotten when their names are said and read out loud.  Love the pic of the Tanner Golf day and the article on the Angel....the are truly everywhere....

• Members
tanmanmymagicman

nicksdad; YOU JUST ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know you have been busy and I appreciate you taking the time and  doing this for me and for my family including Tanner........

I am just so proud of it ; I needed to be a showoff.....now everyyear; I can honor 2 kids; my Tanner and the receipent of his scholarship........My scholarship is NOT for straight A students; mine is for kids that have overcome obstacles in their lives ; be in kicked out of school (like my Tanner) but then was able to get back of tract and in school and graduate and then plan on attenting a tech. school, jr. colleage etc....Like my Tanner..........

I hope everyone has a good weekend and can rest......I hear about Michael Jackson and that drip thing sounds pretty good.....Just put me out for alittle while............Just not all the other pills.....

Again NicksDad; thanks so much...................thank you Nick; Your dad is so cool;

• Members

Greg

Read the aritcle about the Angel of Hope.  How wonderful.  I am going to do an internet search to see of any of those 92 other Angels of Hope thoughout the US are in WI.

Thanks for sharing

Colleen

• Members

Nick's Dad,

Love the post of Tan-the-man's golf outing.

Brian's was a frizbee-golf player.  We have a very nice course in Sussex-Village Park.

Greg,

There is an Angel of Hope in EauClaire, WI.  That is about 4.5 hours NW of me.

Dee,

There are at least 4 Angels of Hope in IL.  Fairview Heights, Springfield, Rockford, Coal City.

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever (aka Brain)

• Members

Back from the motorcycle tour around Lake Erie.  1,104 miles Sunday - Friday.  Which turned into going on up to Lake Ontario and Niagara Falls.  What was supposed to be about 700 miles turned into 1100 miles. Got pretty lucky with the weather and managed to miss the bad stuff Friday.  Just some rain.  It was nice to be out in nature, met some nice people. 

Took our angels along with us, they kept us company and kept us safe.

Will try to post some pictures.  The first sets are from a beachline along Lake Erie in Ontario, Canada.  The wind came and scattered our angels down the beach, I had to go running and rolling in the sand and stepping in the lake (in my jeans and motorcycle boots) to retrieve them!  I'm sure they were all laughing at my expense!

The second set are from Niagara Falls (we had to sneak and park the bike real quick along the many street, my husband was very proud proud of himself for finding a spot to sneak in to take the photos.

I may have messed up and missed some in the photos, but I tried!

The last picture is of a heart shaped leaf that was lying on the drawbridge as we walked across Tuesday evening.  It was just beginning to be sunset and I looked down as we walked across and a beautiful heart-shaped leaf was lying there all by itself.  Our angels saying Love You.

Missed you and love to all, Terrie (Adam's mom)

post-20130-128153894749_thumb.jpg