Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members

Shelly, great memories, I can almost hear that Sweet Boy of yours.

Have you always homeschooled? Is that due to wanting to provide a specific curriculum  or lack of schools that thrill you in your area, or like so many other families I know, just really believe the best education can be provided at home. Do you get books and benchmarks from the local district? We have two children that come toour school that live in our district but are home schooled. They receive some resource (learning different) work and speech services.

Have a great trip on Tuesday. Enjoy.

Col, so glad that you are fine and that the audit went well. Hey, Aaron's girl lives in the same town as my niece who teaches at one of the junior highs. We used to go to Great America every year, my sisters and all of our kids. The cousins went on rides for about 10 hours before we would head home. Good memories.

Sweet night all,

dee

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Shelly, CUTE story of Rohan plopping into your lap, exhausted after a hard game. ;)

Colleen, The government here is very stable, and though the economy world-over is tough, it seems to be booming here. Even in the poor towns there is construction going on...not as you would envision. More like cinder blocks, one at a time for 2-years running, etc., but construction nonetheless. Whenever you want to visit, my husband and I will arrange everything for you from the time you exit the airport to the time you depart again. You would be in good hands and good company. :) Oh! And I always tell everyone that the shopping is fabulous. We go to indigenous markets, where you can buy anything from a cheesy knickknack to nice tablecloths and blankets, from crafts to amazing art. And if you have a good budget for the shopping, you can make out pretty well. I'm very good at bargaining. ;)

It's cool we all talk about our furry companions as well. Having Jo-Jo (and Adie too) has helped me tremendously. And I love saying his name, as it's almost as if every time I am saying Joey's name. Sometimes I and even my husband slip and call him Joey...and then we just smile.

I spent a good part of the day outside weeding and thinning out some of the tropical plants that multiply--kind of how like bulb plants multiply, but these have roots. It's amazing really how lush and fertile everything is here. But this country is greatly known for its tremendous ecosystem. And I am so glad I did it, because we are having such a good rain for the past couple of hours and it seems like it is going to pour buckets for a while yet. It hasn't rained like this since we moved here a month ago and I've had to water everything a lot. I decided it was going to be an outdoor workday, because I too was feeling a bit blue. I can't say why for certain, other than I will be leaving for the states in just 3 weeks. No matter what the occasion, "going home" just isn't the same and it never will be. There will always be one smiling face I will look and long for when I step off the plane. It makes going home so bittersweet. BUT, there's a wedding coming up, and I am joyous for that. Bittersweet joy...

Love & Hugs,

Claudia

• Members

Shelly:  thank you so much for the little story of Rohan and his soccer adventures...so cute!

Colleen:  I am sorry you had to go through all that traffic...but I am so glad you brought your "beast" to MN for us...thank you so very, very much, from the bottom of my heart. You are one great gift!  Oh, and we were definitely NOT at the MOM...we were at the smaller shopping area, close by the hotel...can't remember...Ridge or something like that.  It was much tamer...

Dee:  Praying for you that you have a smooth first day...I know you will have new kids, and every one of them is blessed to have you as their teacher...you are a true gift to them, as they are to you.  My blessings to John, also...I forget, what grade does he teach?  You are both terrific...I can just imagine, being a little kid, new to the grade, and looking up at that welcoming face of his, and seeing that all would be well with my little world! 

love and peace,  carol  mikesmomrs

• Members

Shelly:  thank you so much for the little story of Rohan and his soccer adventures...so cute!

Colleen:  I am sorry you had to go through all that traffic...but I am so glad you brought your "beast" to MN for us...thank you so very, very much, from the bottom of my heart. You are one great gift!  Oh, and we were definitely NOT at the Mall of America...we were at the smaller shopping area, close by the hotel...can't remember...Ridge or something like that.  It was much tamer...

Dee:  Praying for you that you have a smooth first day...I know you will have new kids, and every one of them is blessed to have you as their teacher...you are a true gift to them, as they are to you.  My blessings to John, also...I forget, what grade does he teach?  You are both terrific...I can just imagine, being a little kid, new to the grade, and looking up at that welcoming face of his, and seeing that all would be well with my little world! 

I just noticed, while editing this, that Claudia, Shelly, Dee and I are on at the same time!  Nice!   But, I am going now, hubby is calling me to the game...have a wonderful evening everyone...

• Members

Just a quick hello to all. Trudi - you look wonderful and I am so glad you got your walkers!!  Went for a long walk on the beach today - the waves were amazing as Bill has passed us by - it was a nice quiet day, did some work in the yard, had a meltdown and now am just weary - Today I said "I do not want to do this any more, I do not want to live without my Jessica anymore" , then the tears, then the "stop feeling sorry for yourself and get it together - so I did, I guess as here I am.

Anyway, love you all and feel as though I am not catching up with everyone, getting lost in the shuffle somewhere so I must go back and read more posts.

Sleep well and bless you all. Kathy

• Members

Hey Kathy, I am glad that you did not get too close to Bill the hurricane. I just read some tragic news about people getting swept in the water in Maine at Acadia Natl. Park. I know it is cool to see adn hear those waves hit the shore, but caution is needed when the waves are like that.

I know that you are feeling blue adn I am sorry. Change in season you think? School starting? When does Tavian go back? We start tomorrow with meetings and no students until Tuesday. I am getting pretty excited though I will be tired and it will be hard to get used to leaving the house each day. I get very spoiled during the summers. I get to stay up late and sleep in, take long bike rides and walk long walks...I love having no schedule at all and now, I will be totally scheduled. Oh well, I sure can't complain after this nice piece of time. went for a walk and the sun went down while I was walking...that to me, is the hardest part of autumn coming. I love the weather, love winter too, but hate the lack of sunlight. So Trudi, you are enjoying longer days now as the winter begins to be invaded by some hints of spring. I will envy your longer days, and I will be glad that someone I love will be out in them.

Oh Carol, John substitutes at a district that has 4 schools. MOst of the time he is with high school kids, which is good. Sometimes they place him in a grade school. He is more cut out for high school however.

Oh, last night I had a wondrous dream of holding Eri's hand, and I got to hold it when she was tiny and again when she was about 10, then again when she was older, her grown up self. I wish that I could remember more, but I can't. All I know is I felt visited, a good mood all day. Last night we were talking about tangible and remembered things, I believe I wrote about her hands and how I missed holding them.

Thank you my Little Bing, for visiting me last night and reminding me of the years we spent holding hands. I am made better by your visits.

• Members

While I know i posted this a month or more ago, maybe two, the discussion yesterday made me think of it.

Tangible things

They are the possessions we hang on to

long after the event.

The prom dress, yellow satin,

the first skating skirt, double tiered.

her trophies and report cards,

her favorite dolls

and her lefty mitt,

notes written

secrets in ink,

all packed in boxes.

Holy and sacred.

They are things,

the touchstones that I cherish and protect

laying as evidence to her life.

Dee Conmy

• Members

While I know i posted this a month or more ago, maybe two, the discussion yesterday made me think of it.

Tangible things

They are the possessions we hang on to

long after the event.

The prom dress, yellow satin,

the first skating skirt, double tiered.

her trophies and report cards,

her favorite dolls

and her lefty mitt,

notes written

secrets in ink,

all packed in boxes.

Holy and sacred.

They are things,

the touchstones that I cherish and protect

laying as evidence to her life.

Dee Conmy

• Members
homeschoolmom

That is so sweet, Dee... I used to really enjoy writing, and have several books of poetry that I wrote, but seems for the past nine months, I have writers' block.

Until then, I will just enjoy yours,

Shelly

• Members
homeschoolmom

I home schooled because I believe it is a superior form of educating, and I can tailor their curriculum according to their different learning styles.  Rohan used to get sent to the principal's office EVERY DAY for singing when he was supposed to be quiet, playing when it was work time, sitting when he was supposed to be standing- Never rude or loud or anything, just in his own little world.  After about a month of this (he was 4), I pulled him out and taught him and his sister, Bree, at home.

Bree has ADHD-Inattentive, NOT hyperactive, so being very quiet, she just got lost in the shuffle in kindergarten. Her teacher told me she didn't have the time to keep redirecting her back to the task at hand, because she had several students who needed her attention. My husband, Jim, used to be a professor, and had wanted to home school the kids, but died before he could.  It was the most natural thing to honor his wishes and do this.

I use a hands-on curriculum called KONOS for most subject areas, and Math-U-See/Saxon Math, plus a bit of Abeka and Character Quality Language Arts... We've had some good times...a coronation and knight dubbing ceremony, building a castle out of appliance boxes complete with drawbridge, dissecting a cow's eyeball, blah blah. These next few months we are studying Africa, the land of stewardship...fascinating. We got to go see the Lippizaner stallions performing, and that was awesome.  That was a year ago, wow...

Anyway, Tony is here with icecream...

Shelly

• Members

Shelly, I admire your working with your children at home. It takes a special temperment. You have great patience. My kids both have ADD, though ERi's was much more pronounced, JOn was a good student until high school. Eri had a lot of learning disabilities on top of the ADD, and she too fell through the cracks for a couple of years, and then wished she could fall through the cracks. School was a big struggle for her.

I am sorry that Rohan and Bree's Daddy died. Jim sounds like a good guy. Again, a good trip to you on Tuesday, be well and be kind to yourself.

Love,

dee

• Members

Dee - Love the poem.  I am still waiting for your book to be published and I will be first in line for your first book signing.

Shelly - I think it is awesome that you home school.  Much patience it takes, more than I have.  In my opinion, every parent should be given the choice to home school, as long as the kids are ready for the world upon graduation.  Many home schooled kids have won the spelling bee!!

Good Morning all, back at work.

After this mamoth audit, I now start training fellow employees on a new computer system Astronautics is implementing - I am a Power User (yeah-right).

This is the day that the Lord has made, let us be glad and rejoice in it.

Colleen

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Shelly, Isn't it weird? The writer's block!! I love to write too, but the block hit about 6 months after Joey died, and I am still wading my way back from it...

I didn't realize your husband Jim had passed away too. I am so sorry. That pain your heart has endured... I always hear people say God doesn't give us more than we can handle---WHICH, by the way, I think is totally WRONG. I believe God doesn't give us more than what we are equipped to handle. It's up to us where and when we choose to receive/accept the tools for the battle/journey. I've tossed aside my tools far too often. Somehow though, I continue to receive the mercy of God that sees me through. I admire your courage and tenacity.

I had a TERRIBLE dream last night. I woke at some point in the wee hours and from then drifted but slept very lightly. I don't think there is anything to it but the underlying obvious--which is Joey's absence from such a celebratory event in our lives. I dreamed Patrick became ill and died a few days before his wedding. It was vivid and there was so much profound sadness... Ugh! My heart is heavy today...

Love for the journey and HUGS for comfort!

Claudia

• Members

Claudia:  I am so very sorry you carry such heaviness over the dream you had...I have had dreams like that, that have stayed with me all day, and sometimes longer, and it was just about impossible to shake off the feelings.  Likely, though, as you said, it has something to do with the upcoming celebration and not having Joey there to share in it.  Still, knowing the possible reasons for it doesn't always help lighten the feelings of sorrow that come along with such dreams.  I will keep you in my thoughts today, that you will replace those feelings with feelings of excitement and anticipatory joy (which I know you already have in your heart) over Patrick's upcoming wedding and the wonderful feelings that go along with that.   Thinking of you and holding you close...

• Members
heartbeataway

Claudia,

I'm sorry about the scary dream.  My grandmother used to say that you take dreams the opposite. I use to dream of this sweet curly blonde girl in pink overalls when I was pregnant and she said you're having a boy.

So, if you take this dream opposites meaning, it's that Patrick will be fine and everyone will be happy.

Just another way of looking at it. 

Sweet dreams to make up for the yucky one!

Bonnie, Jay's Mom

• Members

Hi All,

Thanks Colleen, such a sweetie. Gosh, you are one bright cookie to be training others in technology...I am on the other hand, a bafoon in that field.

Claudia, those awful dreams are very unnerving adn so my wish for you now is to let it go and sleep really well tonight with no signs of bad omens. I too think that the theme of wedding and Joey not being here is the reason for your sad dream. There is sadness in this, you said it so well yesterday, bittersweet joy.

Well there is much frenzy in opening the school for kids tomorrow, still have cable people here adding new cable through the ceilings into the classrooms, and we are trying to open with a new climate program called PBIS, which essentially sets out to make sure that the kids understand the rules/expectations, and is able to be successful. Now I am all for that, I am just not for learning something brand new that has to be digested and readied for the day before we meet our kids. Oh well, I will do my best.

Peace out,

dee

• Members

Good morning all who read and those who feel able to post....this journey ahh it never fails to amaze with its ups & downs, twists and turns..

Just a bit on the Unoffical Reunion - the feeling I got at MN was one of meeting up with old friends who knew my heart, my story, they are trusted friends.   They allowed me to share my son openly.  Mike's DVD  saw him (after a nerve block) able to walk tall with his baby, talking about her future - my son my son.  They opened their hearts with DVD's of their child - Mike (Carol's boy) talking about his journey back to faith, the love of his children and the sadness of leaving behind his Sarah touching my heart so.  The beauty of Bethany evolving before your very eyes in her memorial DVD - something you can share, only with those who know.

The boards, well we were all very strong and sure, speaking the names of those beautiful children, yet when it came to touching our kids pictures, saying their names the hearts broke and the tears fell.....

It was and is a part of my healing that gives me the permission to live each day in memory of Mike.

Home once again I find life has continued.  Melissa has set a date for her engagement party - 31st October, Halloween.  Don't ask, all I know is that she smiled when she told me...So we are making invites this Friday.

Colleen - Your boy sounds like he might just have turned that corner you were hoping for.....Good luck with the training, I have trouble with simple instructions on how to load batteries!

Dee - Hope the back to school goes smoothly.  Upgrading the IT system, you must be excited (lol)!

Oh, last night I had a wondrous dream of holding Eri's hand, and I got to hold it when she was tiny and again when she was about 10, then again when she was older, her grown up self. I wish that I could remember more, but I can't. All I know is I felt visited, a good mood all day.

These are dreams I love - of Mike and his siblings way back when they were young.  Of playing, smiling and being with him when I was his 'mummy'.  It does lighten the heart for the next days....

Carol - Know the feeling of 'what were you thinking".  The body is still giving me grief for the climb at Diamond Head, but I will not be beaten!

Claudia - the dreams they tell me come from seeds of thought stuck in the subconscious that like sprites come out to rattle our otherwise troubled mind.  Thoughts of Joey, coming back to be with Patrick and the emotional burden of the past months will have something to do with it. I have many about being unable to help injured or ill people, they come from feelings of failing the day Mike died..

I go with Bonnies thinking - the opposite shall happen.

Kathy - Love that "Bill" left without making much mess....Hope you found lots of beach glass and the design for the jewellry is coming along.  You do sound happier in yourself.  Is Tavian back for school? 

I hope you check out the pictures from the trip we took - the smiles out weighed the tears, the connections were stronger than you can imagine, and our kids, well I think they were around us most of the time in awe at the strength of their parents......

After the hike up Diamond Head I did another first - yes people I took my weary, sweaty aching feet to the 'Spa' and indulged in a Spa Pedicure!!  Ahhhhhhh, ooohhhhhh, yes please.......:cool:

• Members

Hello to all

Thanks for all the kind thoughts & words they really help! Everyone sounds busy as bees wish I had your energy motivation & faith! Thinking of each of you & our children hoping that each day gets a little easier

For all!

I was able to get on computer for 5 min & found lots of messages from this board but they are all links & when I click they go back to

Messages from 2005. These are to my email which I don't get on my phone. Just wondering if people were emailing me & not getting a response.

Hugs to all

Kenny's mom. Pam

• Members

Hope this comes through! It always makes me smile. It is Kenny's fat cat Delilah. His ex girlfriend named her!I have her on a diet now. She has to be a healthy, happy kitty for a long time-she is the only living thing I have left of him! She has a lot

Of his personality traits & can always make me smile hope she does the same for y'all

post-34502-128153894726_thumb.jpg

• Members

Pam:  I love your "fat cat!" my daughter has one of those, and is always taking pics...he is so funny sometimes!  I am glad that yours is there to keep you company.

As for the messages and links to 2005...that is the way it always is when we open the "New Post on Loss of Adult Child" ...for some strange reason, it opens to posts in 2005 (they have been trying to straighten out this glitch, but so far have had no luck with it).  Anyway, when you open the site from the message title, just click above it on Loss of a Child, and then Loss of An Adult Child.  You will hve to do it each time you open it, but you will get there.  Sending hugs.

• Members

We have a Fat Cat also; her name is Tootsie.

We call her Budda.  Big belly and all.

Colleen

• Members

Pam and Colleen........Love the photo of Delilah, Pam. Colleen,...you have

a "fat cat" too---- Tootsie..:) . I have my fat cat Brownie.....18 lb. She has always

been "hefty" except when she was a little kitten. I know that you both know how

much comfort these dear pets bring.....(dogs too, of course. ) I also feel like

Brownie is the only thing I have left that was around when Davey was still living.

She is old (13), but still doing well. I hope that your kitties live long happy

lives.  Peace to you.

• Members
4everjoeysmom

The Wall Street "Fat Cats" have nothing on you!! LOL!! Absolutely LOVE the photo, Pam...and also the one of Kenny. :)

P.s. Generally after you post on this or other BI threads, it defaults back to an order of posts that shows oldest first. That's why it jumps to 2005. I suspect they haven't figured out yet how to make the default set on going back to newest posts first. Anyway, after I post, I hit the backspace tab twice and it takes me to the most recent post, which usually is the one I just made unless someone else posted at the same time. (Just a little helpful hint.)

HUGS!! ~Claudia

• Members

My BI friends

I never had cats growing up, always dogs and big dog too - German Shepard, Doberman Pincher, Great Pyranese.

Now I have 3 cats and a big dog.  The two younger cats (2) were purchased together: Iggy (boy-gray & white) and Cloe (Dark Brown girl).  They are the best of friends.  Cloe is a princess, she literally complains when you pick her up, Doooon't, Stoooop IIIIt.  It is too funny.

Copper is a 110 lb male golden retriever - a shedding machine.

They all knew Brian.  They all oved Brian and I know they all miss him as much as I do. 

Colleen

• Members

Colleen-----OH.....that's so funny...your "princess" cat complaining when

you pick her up....Doooon't  Stoooop..it!!!  That describes by fat cat 'Brownie'

perfectly. She's quite the queen of the house...no other pets. She has the

run of the house, being the only pet. The dogs sound great too...love German

Shepards, goldens etc. What would we do without our PETS ?? :)

Sherry 

• Members

These are Kenny's childhood & adulthood together on his bed with their Tails crossed into the shape of a heart! Big O as Kenny called him is named Mariah. He is a 17 year old man (Mariah means West wind-he wandered in from the west right before we moved to New Hampshire when Kenny was 10 & sadly is on his way out. That Is why I am so grateful for Delilah! Watching Mariah fade away is like loosing Kenny's childhood. I still have his sister too, but she is not doing well either. Not ready to go there yet ...

• Members

These are Kenny's childhood & adulthood together on his bed with their Tails crossed into the shape of a heart! Big O as Kenny called him is named Mariah. He is a 17 year old man (Mariah means West wind-he wandered in from the west right before we moved to New Hampshire when Kenny was 10 & sadly is on his way out. That Is why I am so grateful for Delilah! Watching Mariah fade away is like loosing Kenny's childhood. I still have his sister too, but she is not doing well either. Not ready to go there yet ...

post-34502-128153894728_thumb.jpg

• Members
heartbeataway

Sweet kitties! 

Colleen,  a talking kitty ...... impressive!  ;)

Trudi,

A Spa Pedi ...... I'm proud of you!  Now we have something esle we can do when we meet up again.  A Spa day!  :D

I've sure missed our boy today.  Maybe because we're planning and talking about the Memorial Pavillion at The Cove.  Or maybe just because ........ 

• Members

Pam - Love the pic of Kenny's cat Delilah - fat cat indeed!!!  Jessica had a cat actually named her "Fat Cat" - she lived a long happy life. When Jessica passed she had a cat named "Bubba Phat" !! My nephew (Steven) took him and still has him - he and Steven have a great connection and I know it is because Steven and Jessica were very close.

Claudia - I am so sorry that you had such a terrible dream - it is so much worse when they are so vivid - scares you and yes, leaves you sad and with a heavy heart. I hate when that happens. But as was said - turn it around and take it as a good sign that all will be fine.

Shelly - you are quite a strong woman to home school - I would not know what to do - as it is I think I am the one who is going to need a "tutor" as Tavian goes through the grades - first grade was not so bad but we shall see what 2nd grade brings!!

Trudi - OMG girlfriend you went and got a Spa Pedicure!!  and you are walking!! MN was VERY good for you!! hee hee.    I am so proud of you.   You say you feel as though I am happier with myself - in some ways I am, I have begun walking with my friend Linda and we talk alot - yesterday she told me that she missed Jessica so much, she wished she were here to help her with her daughter Shannon, she is having a rough time with her being 17, she feels as though they are not close as they were, she doesn't "share" with her like she used to and she is experiencing the dating scene, driving etc - she feels as though she is losing her little girl and she knows that if Jessica was here she would be able to help her understand more. I told her she is not losing her - it is a stage they go through and before she knows it they will be best friends again - easy for me to say I know.  Linda looked at me and said "I am sorry, here I am talking about Shannon and my problems when you have lost Jessica" - I told her it was ok because it is her life and what is going on is important to me and she has every right to talk about her daughter - I need to respect that and not be jealous or angry. Linda is a terrific friend.    I am just feeling lost lately, like I have no connection to anything - hard to explain.  I get up and go to work from 9:00 to 4:30 and then I come home and do work whether it be in the garden or power washing (yes still doing the fence) - I just can't seem to stop moving because when I do I think to much.  Oh well, this too shall pass.

As for Tavian - well I am sure that is most of my problem - I have not seen him for almost 8 weeks!!!!  He has been with his other grandmother all summer and is coming home (finally) this Saturday. He is having a great time, doing lots of fun things but I miss him so much - I am terrified that he won't want to come home, he will want to stay there!!!  I have only talked to him twice and he was fine but I do not really know that and won't until he comes home. I spend time worrying about things like "does he cry at night because he misses us, does he think he is never coming home, does he think we don't want him anymore??" I know I am being silly I suppose but I have a feeling that he is going to be either very angry at us or very happy when he gets home - I will find out on Saturday. I have taken the week off and we will leave for a week of camping on Sunday, off on Monday for Labor Day and I took Tuesday off to be with him as he goes back to school on Sept. 9th.  I just can't wait to see him, hold him, talk to him, play with him!!!!

Dee - yes, I am glad that Bill left us alone but so sad that people do not realize the dangers of the surf - just standing on the edge can knock you over and the rip tide will take you out in a matter of seconds - so sad that the little 7 year old girl lost her life - makes me angry.  You would not believe the amount of people at the ocean having bon fires!!! the water was coming up almost to the parking lot - I just don't get it.        Yes, the change of season's always seem to get me down although I love the fall and spring I hate the winter - as you said I think it is the lack of sunlight.  I love, love your poem and am waiting for the day when you put them in a book.  Love so much that you had the dream of your beautiful Eri, holding hands - so very sweet and magical.  I so wish I had dreams of Jessica but I tell myself that it is only because I am not ready. For instance I was powerwashing yesterday and all of the sudden I just wanted to run to Barry and tell him to tell me that it wasn't true, Jessica is not really gone she is just away for a time and will be home - it brought me to my knees and I could not stop crying, suppose I never will.

Well, my Barry turned 54 today and he is sound asleep!!  We had a quiet night at home just the two of us - he missed Tavian too.

Going to read for a while. Love to all and sweet, sweet dreams. Kathy

• Members

Barry - that's how I wanted to spend my 54th - sleeping the day away!!

• Members

Happy Birthday Barry, sleep sweetly.

What are you reading these days Kathy?

How about the rest of us, what are we reading if we are?

So tomorrow I will get to greet my class on the playground, 22 children now, two more new to the district. I imagine our numbers may continue to climb as people make a late move to a new district. Sometimes we continue getting new students beyond Labor Day. I would love to not go above 22, it is a nice size adn everything fits into my room this way leaving some nice play space. in my old district, I had 32 my first year, and only 18 soc studies books, and 18 science books. It was fairly ridiculous. But we made it work, and I stayed there for 6 years. Now I am in Oak Park and I am starting my 10th year here, so I feel happy to be doing what I love.

Pam, Stormy and Bullet were my Kid's cats. Eri named STormy, (black adn white) and Jon named Bullet. After ERi died, I brought home many of her belongings and Stormy sat on them and stayed there for some time, like a day and a half. He loved her very much, she pretty much saved his tiny life when she adopted him, he was so very small. Bullet, his brother was a healthier weight. They lived until they were about 16 adn sickly, so we called the vet to come to our home to help them to die peacefully. They did, in our arms, just a shot and deepsleep and then the next shot. We wept but we knew that they came together, they left together, and they did not suffer.

Thanks for posting the photos Pam, love the heft of that cat. Stormy was hefty too.

Love,

dee

• Members

I know what you mean also, about the mix of young and old, missing both...when Mike passed, he was just coming into his own as a grown man with a family...just identifying with the role and taking it on as a second skin, being more natural with it...I was already missing the young boy, the young man, and suddenly the grown man was gone also.

Carol - have just been reading back over some posts with the less jet lagged brain and saw this.  You know you are so on the money.  I wouldn't call it empty nest but I do miss the young innocents who grow into the young men and women who become the grown adults raising our grandbabies, chosing our 'care facilities'.  I guess that was the part of this ache that comes and goes that I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Colleen - a 5 day audit.  I remember when we would be audited for quality and competency in our taking of emergency calls.  Marks taken off for not sticking with the script..."Ambulance where is your emergency -  to what address do you require an ambulance."  That phrase will go with me to the end I think.......Yes I live in Healesville, Victoria.  The capital is Melbourne.  You are more than welcome anytime.

Well, back to the housework, amazingly the fairies quit the day I left and there is no sign of them yet!!

Trudi

• Members

Trudi:  Fairies?  I never saw them before I left, and I know I'll never see them now...they are likely buried in the dust that's accumulated everywhere!!!  I think hubby thinks they are here, and is wondering why they haven't been working...

I was showing my daughter the picture of your Mike that I took with my camera from the dvd that we viewed of your Mike, and she was amazed at how much he looked like her brother.  I just know that they are "hanging out" in that circle of our children...telling tales and seeing what's about...

I am glad that you got such good use of your walkers...I wish I was there, walking along with you and Muttley...we could stop for tea and talk. 

Kathy:  your arms must be just aching for Tavian...I didn't realize that he had been gone that long...I am glad that you got to speak with him, though it likely doesn't make up for the smells, hugs, and smiles...but you will get plenty of those now that he is home.  Give him a hug from all of us and wish him well in his new school year... :)

• Members
cameronsmom1

Well, I went to the ER last night because the baby wasn't moving as much as he usually did and it scared me but turns out everything is ok. I didn't want to over react about it but at the same time I didn't want to blow it off and it be too late like last time so I mainly went for reassurance. I felt so much better after going and don't regret it one bit. I will go again if I have to. My doctors appointment is today at 12 and hopefully we will find out a date for me to be induced although I would rather just go into labor. I will let you all know how the doctors appointment goes later and will post an updated picture of me being 6 months.

Amanda

• Members
homeschoolmom

Amanda, hope all continues to go well...that was the worst trimester for me-waiting, and waiting, and waiting... still, I pray for a safe delivery, and a healthy, beautiful baby.

Dee- I am reading a book called "Rekindling the Romance" and I was just a giggling away yesterday.  Can't say but that I need all the help I can get to refocus on the basics. Seems for the past 8 months that I have been stuck at Mommy, and the wife and woman definitely took a back seat!

To all, in a few hours I will head off to the airport for my flight back to Florida. Aside from an anxious stomach, and another sleepless night, I am okay. The kids will stay here with Tony.

This will be my first time alone since Rohan died 12/26/08, and in a strange way,  I am hoping that this time will satisfy my craving for alone time, a time just to be. I am somewhat of an introvert, so this (hopefully) will be good.

Blessings, and sweet peace to all,

Shelly, Rohan's Mama

• Members
homeschoolmom

Trudi- fairies? There is a real, live, honest- to-goodness one living in my house. The kids make a mess, and like magic it gets cleaned.  Dust is whisked away, and laundry just cleans and folds itself... She's called Mama... She has little elves too but they like to think that the fairy is capable enough to handle anything without their help...Hah! I love bursting bubbles!

Shelly

• Members

Shelly, Godspeed on your journey, and I do hope that you feel like you are having the alone time that everyone needs, especially when they are surrounded with activity and teeming life as you are with all of the kids and all that is going on in your life currently.  Trudi found solace in looking out the window of the plane, at the beautiful clouds they were surrounded by, feeling as though Mike was right there with her...may Rohan send peaceful glowing clouds by your window, and moments of quiet as you wend your way through your journey to Florida and back. 

Amanda, I am so glad that you went to the ER and they were able to reassure you--I think you did the right thing, and yes, go again if you feel the need.  You are in my prayers.  Thank you so much for coming here and sharing your little miracle with us...

• Members

Hi All, a brief hello between having my students and going to afternoon m eetings. SO, the kids are adorable, ijust love meeting them, so cute. Three new to the district, and all of them needing a good year with a loving teacher. That is what I do well. love the kids.

Peace out, more meetings.

dee

Amanda, glad all is well,

Shell, sounds like an interesting book, and time alone to me is golden, enjoy.Let the silence carry your soul.

• Members
cameronsmom1

Well the doctors appointment went ok. I have to get put on a 30 day heart monitor because of palpitations which I expected since I have had one with every other pregnancy. I get to do my 4D ultrasound on the 25th of September!!! And here is the 6 month picture (with my face this time!! LOL)

post-22415-128153894731_thumb.jpg

• Members

And such a pretty face Amanda. Have a beautiful time as you grow and change.

Love to you,

dee

• Members

Amanda----So glad that all is well with the pregnancy. You look lovely,

and very happy. Peace & tranquility to you.

Dee-----Those kids are lucky to have you for their teacher. :).  I remember

some of the elementary teachers I had. YIKES!!  One-room school, and had

a Miss "X"----very old, and she was a "shaker"......meaning that she would

shake kids til their teeth rattled for any misbehaviour. Oh well---many years

ago. Don't remember if she "shook" me or not. If she did.....I'm none the worse

for wear of it, I guess.:D. Can't imagine a teacher doing that nowadays, can you?

Kennysmom.......Love the cat photos....Thanks.

Daveysmom,  Sherry

• Members

Amanda,

What a smile.  I think of you everyday and pray all is well to welcome this new life.

Colleen

• Members

I just lost a big post, arggggh. So suffice it to say that the day was grand, the kids are great, and someday, I will retell the stories in my lost post.

dee

sherry, thanks, I am lucky to be doing what I love. NO shaking!

• Members

Hello to all,

Amanda - you look so beautiful!!! What a lovely face and that smile - everything is going to be just great - rest, eat and keep those pics and posts coming!!

I have been reading a variety of books. "The Shack" which I could not finish, "Firefly Lane", "My Sister's Keeper", "The Year of Fog", "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" - all very good books. Cannot get into anything to teary, it was hard enough reading My sisters keeper but I loved it but will not see the movie. I love James Patterson. I have also read the "Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes" - excellent book.

Dee - so glad you are back with you little ones and I know you are the most loving teacher ever!!!

Trudi - the fairies do not come to my house either - guess I wasn't paying them enough !! Tonight I powerwashed some more fence and then came in and cleaned the bathroom - OMG - you really do not "see" the dirt untill you start cleaning!! and I am one of those who once I start it is hard to stop but I did tonight as I just don't care whether there are cobwebs (I call them lace curtains) right now or night - in fact Tavian and I name the "daddy long legs" - we have George, Joe, John, and so on!!!  I will do a good fall cleaning in the FALL - too nice out now to be stuck in the house.

Calling in sick tomorrow!! Need a day to myself and I am slow at work this time of year.

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Barry!!

Love and Bless you all and talk soon. Sleep peacefully. Kathy

• Members
heartbeataway

I took Jackson for a walk night before last and it was so pretty I had to take pictures.

DSC02890.jpg

DSC02896.jpg I don't think you can see the ducks on the pond.

DSC02898.jpg

DSC02901.jpg

DSC02904.jpg

DSC02906.jpg

• Members
heartbeataway

Our sweet pups ......

DSC02882.jpg  Our grumpy old man, Bailey Boy

DSC02883.jpg  Little Miss Zoey Love

DSC02887.jpg They were so cute all looking out that I couldn't resist taking this one.  The "big boy" is Jay's Jackson.

• Members
heartbeataway

I tried and tried to get a good picture of this.  It was Marcia's gift to us at the reunion. The most perfect verse on the frame.   I just love it.  I have it sitting where I see it every day.

Thanks Marcia!  <3 

DSC02871.jpg

• Members

spirits on the water Bonnie, so pretty. The dogs are great, and yes, Marcia gave us the nicest photo and verse. I have mine here in my office where I sit each day to speak with all of you.

Thanks Kathy, I ask each day that I am made to be patient and passionate and compassionate. So if those three work together in me, I will be a good teacher. Have a good day off. Apparently, my fairies took leave as well, perhaps took leave before I even became an adult, never having been good at housekeeping. I just can't stay inside long enough.

Ah well,

Sleep well, I am off to bed already at 9:00. So tired after a day with the kids adn meetings. Got up this morn at 5:15 did my stretches and took my walk. It was a pretty day. On my feet most the day with the kids, and I am bushed. But boy, are they ever cute.

Talk tomorrow,

dee

• Members

Amanda, you look as cute as can be...thanks so much for sharing your joy...

Kathy...a day off sounds like what you could use...when does Tavian come home?  Perhaps you should "build up" your stamina before he comes a chargin' in...unfortunately, they don't know about cricks and aches from cleaning, etc.  I am glad that you were able to stop yourself before you just kept on going...I know what you mean...I am very much a night person, and sometimes I will get a bug in my ear and start in on something as late as midnight, and keep on going til it's done, sometimes watching the sun come up as I put the last thing away...yes, I have "lace curtains" too; sometimes tidying up is the very last thing on my agenda, so the  spiders have free reign! 

Dee:  I am so very glad for you that all your kids are just great...perhaps they "sense" that this year is going to be the best of all, once they have met you :)

have a good night, all, I am on one of those rare cleaning sprees for now...so I am going strong...

love and peace, carol  mikesmomrs