Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members

Good morning all!  I know, it's 45 minutes til noon here on the East Coast, but I had one of those nights where I didn't see the inside of my eyelids until after 5 am, so my hubby kindly let me sleep in:)

Just wanted to join in on the Jamaica/Ecuador talk a little---One of Mike's fondest wishes was to return to Costa Rica (very similar terrian/weather to Ecuador)--he had gone there as a senior in High School, though unfortunately he never got the opportunity.  But, while he was there, he did the ride across the canopy.  He wanted to do the zipline, but the chaperone wouldn't let him because he didn't have a permission slip for that.  Another desire of his was to go to Jamaica.  He and Sarah never had a honeymoon, and after Mike was diagnosed with the second, inoperable tumor, everyone got together and gave them the money to go to Jamaica...oh my goodness, he was so happy.  I am attaching this picture of sheer happiness, shown by his silly, giddy grin, taken by his wife on the bus ride to their hotel in Jamaica...it's a little blurry, but the joy shows through.  Sarah made untold sacrifices to get on that bus (even to get on the plane, for that matter)---she is not an adventurer; wouldn't even go in the water while there, though went with him snorkeling but stayed on the boat....  Anyway, just you all talking about it brings tears to my eyes for the memories that he shared with us and the obvious joy he felt...they, of course, visited the Bob Marley compound while there, and that, combined with his a-few-years earlier trip to CA and visiting Jerry Garcia's old house/apt, and the Haight Ashbury district, were memories that he had embedded in his very skin. 

mikeonbusinjamaica0806.jpg

I know that Trudi is likely this happy right now, as I think she is now on the plane to the U.S. ---wow, just 4 days til (for me---I know others are going on Thurs) the BIG TIME in MN...boy, I sure hope we don't wind up on UTube, let alone COPS!!!!:D, but if we do, I will wear my shades and try to look "cool" :cool:  lol!

Claudia:  We will take pics, but everyone may have to sign a "privacy act" statement before we will show them...LOL;)

love and peace,  carol mikesmomrs

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
heartbeataway

Greg,

I PROMISE to post pictures when I get back! Sure wish you could join us!

Bonnie

• Members

[user=15807]mikesmomrs[/user] wrote:

Good morning all!  I know, it's 45 minutes til noon here on the East Coast, but I had one of those nights where I didn't see the inside of my eyelids until after 5 am, so my hubby kindly let me sleep in:)

Just wanted to join in on the Jamaica/Ecuador talk a little---One of Mike's fondest wishes was to return to Costa Rica (very similar terrian/weather to Ecuador)--he had gone there as a senior in High School, though unfortunately he never got the opportunity.  But, while he was there, he did the ride across the canopy.  He wanted to do the zipline, but the chaperone wouldn't let him because he didn't have a permission slip for that.  Another desire of his was to go to Jamaica.  He and Sarah never had a honeymoon, and after Mike was diagnosed with the second, inoperable tumor, everyone got together and gave them the money to go to Jamaica...oh my goodness, he was so happy.  I am attaching this picture of sheer happiness, shown by his silly, giddy grin, taken by his wife on the bus ride to their hotel in Jamaica...it's a little blurry, but the joy shows through.  Sarah made untold sacrifices to get on that bus (even to get on the plane, for that matter)---she is not an adventurer; wouldn't even go in the water while there, though went with him snorkeling but stayed on the boat....  Anyway, just you all talking about it brings tears to my eyes for the memories that he shared with us and the obvious joy he felt...they, of course, visited the Bob Marley compound while there, and that, combined with his a-few-years earlier trip to CA and visiting Jerry Garcia's old house/apt, and the Haight Ashbury district, were memories that he had embedded in his very skin. 

mikeonbusinjamaica0806.jpg

I know that Trudi is likely this happy right now, as I think she is now on the plane to the U.S. ---wow, just 4 days til (for me---I know others are going on Thurs) the BIG TIME in MN...boy, I sure hope we don't wind up on UTube, let alone COPS!!!!:D, but if we do, I will wear my shades and try to look "cool" :cool:  lol!

Claudia:  We will take pics, but everyone may have to sign a "privacy act" statement before we will show them...LOL;)

love and peace,  carol mikesmomrs

Carol,

I have always thought, on the beard scale of 1 to 10 Mike has an 11.

That is one great beard,

Greg

• Members

IM SO LOVING THE PIC OF MIKE...HE IS A LIL BOY EXCEITED TO BE THERE....IT GAVE ME CHILLS..

OUR KIDS GET TO TRAVEL WHEREEVER THEY WANT NOW...I WONDER WHAT BEACH KOURTNEY LIKENS THE MOST?...

IM SERIOUS YAL HAVE A GREAT TIME...IM SOOOOOOO FRICKIN JEALOUS IM NOT GOING..ITS TOO BAD BRIANS DAD ISNT GOING AND YAL COULD CORNER HIM WITH GIRLIE TALK (YUKY YUK YUK) LOL...I WANT PICS TOO...

IS THE REUNION IN THE SAME LOCAL EVERY YR? IM GOING NEXT YR...I WONT FLY BUT I WILL BE THERE...ME AND MONTY AND MAYBE KODY WAYNE..

THIS PIC IS KOURTNEY IN NEW ORLEANS FEB 07 A WEEK B4 SHE GOT MARRIED..AND 9 MONTHS B4 WE FOUND THE TUMOR..HOPE IT POSTS...AND WE WERE SAYIN THIS WAS OUR BOYFRIEND...

KOURTNEY IS IN THE PINK AND HALIE HER BF IS ON THE OTHER SIDE..

post-22932-128153894162_thumb.jpg

• Members

For All~ [shadow=red]I WANT PICTURES, YOU TUBE and COPS!!!!![/shadow]

[shadow=red]MUCH LOVE,[/shadow][shadow=red]

mamabets and Danny, her little wink from here, there and everywhere[/shadow]

• Members

Hi Everyone I have not posted in a long time and posted this in the wrong place:(

Just wanted to say that I  hope all who are gathering for this wonderful reunion have a safe trip and that your meeting will be filled with warmth and love that you will cherish forever.

Wish I could have made it:( but I will be with you all in spirit.

Holding you all in my heart

Betty

Stephen's Mom

• Members

This morning I paged thru 412 pages of postings , looking for pictures of 'our children' for those who did not get the message to send picutres to Carol for the reunion, I came across this posting of mine from December 2008

............... I love seeing the young children pictures that everyone posts, I told my husband I dont' feel like we lost "that little girl" (in the baby pics) I lived every minute of every hour with her in those days, the girl I lost is the one who will never be 18.  Will never go to college, will never move out on her own, and never have all the furniture she had already picked out for her 'someday' first apartment.  That is the daughter I lost the day she died... I miss her so.

Eight months later I still feel this way .... :(

Hugs, Marcia

• Members
veronicasmom

Happy Birthday, Veronica!  We miss you so very much.   Forever in our hearts.

Veronica Marie Gould

August 10, 1978 - October 17, 2007

• Members

:)  Happy Birthday Veronica   :)

May your Mom feel your presence on this wonderful day that you were born .

Hugs, Marcia   Bethany's Mom Forever

• Members

HAPPY HEAVENLY BIRTHDAY VERONICA...MAY IT BE SPECIAL FOR YOU AND THAT GET TO VISTI AND SNUGGLE YOUR EARTHLY FAMILY..

I NO MARCIA, WEVE LOST ALL THE DREAMS AND HOPES WE HAD OF GRANDKIDS AND HER/THEM BEING WIVES, MOTHERS, FRIENDS...I FEEL LIKE I HAVE LOST MORE THEN ONE KOURTNEY BECAUSE SHE WAS/IS SO MANY DIFF PPL TO ME...IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SICK OF PPL BRAGGIN ABOUT GRANDKIDS ON FACEBOOK...IM GLAD THEY HAVE THEM, BUT I DONT NEED REMINDED I WONT..NOT FROM KOURTNEY...AND SHE IS/WAS MY MAIN HOPE OF EVER HAVING THEM...

• Members

Veronica's Mom, may you feel the warmth that is so pure in her smile. I know that this day holds magic for you.

Veronica, fly freely with the friends you have, visit your family letting them know that you are about. You will always be their special angel.

Love,

dee

• Members

Carol, that photo and the story with it are priceless. So glad that you shared with us.

Eri too went to Costa Rica with high school. She zip lined in the cloud forest. She loved it. She swam in a pond that was the end of a waterfall, the sound was amazing. She was truly touched by her time there. I am so glad that she went.

Love to all,

dee

• Members

Bethany's senior 'spring break trip' was to be to Costa Rica , she was going to 'let' her Dad and me go along, as long as we didnt hang out with her.. LOL.... the teacher arranging the trips every year, set up the trip anyway after she died and the first 'travel planning meeting" was held on October 20th, excatly one month after Bethany died, the teacher called and asked us to come, she had made arrangements for us all to plant trees in the rain forest in Bethany's name.  We went.. but with the economy being so bad, this was the first year in about 20 that they didnt do a trip, no one could afford to commit to it.  The teacher tells me that she bumped the trip to the next year and locked in the pricing, in case we might all be able to go in 2010 spring break.  We will go , if it happens. 

Carol, that smile on Mikes face is priceless, that is the face I will forever relate to him.. happy   happy happy..............

Counting the days til reunion, cant focus on work....... marcia Bethany's Mom Forever

• Members

Hi All ~

Just stopping in to say hello and to wish Trudi, Bonnie, Dee, Colleen, Carol, and Marcia a safe and memorable get together this week. I, too, will be with you in spirit. Have a lovely time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO VERONICA IN HEAVEN!!

Patty

• Members

Patty good to see your Beautiful Lorri's face. How are you? Has summer been kind to you? Hope all is going along in ways that are gentle to your soul.

Peace,

dee

• Members
heartbeataway

[align=center]Happy Birthday Veronica!

[/align]

• Members
heartbeataway

Marcia,

Your words ......... so sad and so heartfelt. I know what you mean.  I've read some things that I wrote early on and my own words break my heart all over again with the memories.

I still have trouble comprehending that he's gone for the rest of my life. I don't want to live to be old ....... that's too long for me!

I heard a line in a song today that took me back.  It was something to the effect of "you didn't know you were one phone call away from being on your knees".  That's exactly what happened the Saturday morning ...... I apparently threw the phone across the room and went to the floor .....  I'm not sure I've gotten up.

Rich and I talked this weekend about how much our life had changed since Jay left. Very little is the same ......

Carol,

I think you posted my favorite picture of Mike.  Love it!  And I agree with Greg .... his beard is grizzly! 

Claudia and Sonya ...... I am excited to see you guys at Pinnacle Days.  It's a camping weekend so let me know if you need anything.  Cool!!

I'm having such a busy week.  I'll post when I can but I try to at least read.

Looking forward to MN!!

Bonnie

• Members

Happy Birthday Veronica

Give your mom a big hug today

Colleen

• Members

I still have trouble comprehending that he's gone for the rest of my life. I don't want to live to be old ....... that's too long for me!

Bonnie, I thoroughly understand, as well as I seem to be doing, and as much as I am progressing, a little at a time, if I were told the world was going to end day after tommorrow I would be thrilled.    'together again"

Marcia   Bethany's Mom Forver

• Members

Weather for Minneapolis  Thursday thru Sunday  I dont know how this is going to print out on screen...

Thu

Aug 1330.gif?12122006

Partly Cloudy

88°

67°

Fri

Aug 1430.gif?12122006

Partly Cloudy

85°

67°

Sat

Aug 15

37.gif?12122006

Isolated T-Storms

84°

66°

Sun

Aug 16

38.gif?12122006

Scattered T-Storms

75°

61°

• Members

[align=center]Happy Birthday, Veronica!  [/align]

[align=left]

Have a wonderful birthday celebration in heaven with all of our angels...they all love cake, and they all like to party...please remember to send some of that love to your mom and surround her with the precious memories of you that keep her going...[/align]

[align=left]love and peace,  carol  mikesmomrs[/align]

• Members

Sometimes a day is a long time, and certainly making progress does not mean still feeling the daily ache of loss.

I had a fabulous dream the other night of ERi and Jon and their Dad, Michael. Did I already tell it? Don't have time right now to go look but essentially, the kids were very young in my dream. In it I had just gotten them ready for bed when a knock at the door came. I was holding ERi, she had a nightgown on, her hair was up in a little fountain ponytail, she was 3 or so. I felt her little ribs through her gown, and could feel her legs wrapped around me and arms around my shoulders as I walked to the door. (in this dream, we lived in a trailer) Jonathan was about 5 and had on really bright and colorful pajamas and was being silly.We were all in jovial moods. So at the door was Michael, and he was there he said, to pick up ERi, it was his night to have her. (Now in real life, we were not divorced until the kids were 12 and 9.5). So I said, "gee, would you bring her back after you hang out for a while?" Somehow I knew I hadn't held her enough, I wanted her to sleep in the house I was in.

They left, but Jonathan stayed with me. Later I called Michael and said, I forgot that it was your night to have them. He said, "yeah, I am not bringing her back tonight okay?" It was all congenial, and when I woke up I thought, well there, the two of them left, and they did in real life. They are with each other, the feeling was that of order, that it all made sense. Not that any of our losses make sense, but as far as leaving together in the dream, it felt like they had each other. Anyhow, I obviously cannot tell it in the way it unfolded, but boy, it has been a long time since I had such a strong sense of Erica, able to hear her voice, see her, and actually touch her in my dream. Loved it, felt good all day long.

My heart to all,

dee

• Members

Bonnie,---I so agree with you, and Marcia about not wanting to live til old

age. It's too long to think of carrying this heartache around all that time.

Marcia,----Your camping trip must have been very peaceful and calming to

the soul...just what you need now.

Lorrie,----I've never been to Jamaica, so no advice, but I know you & Monty

will have a great time, and the travel tips from BI friends will come in handy.

Lynn,----I love the avatar of sweet Kayla...her smile just beams.

Carol,-----I'm so glad that Mike & Sarah had a chance to go to Jamaica. The

pic shows just how delighted he was with it all. Thanks for the pic.

Betty,---So nice to see Stephen's winning smile. Wishing you peace & comfort.

Patty,----Oh, HI !! Good to see lovely Lorrie's smiling face. Nice to see your post.

HAPPY HEAVENLY BIRTHDAY,  VERONICA.

May she smile down and warm your heart & soul.

Daveysmom, Sherry  

• Members

Thank you all for your comments on Mike's smiling pic...he was so very happy...and yes, his beard was deep red and bushy and wiry at that time...we later trimmed it a bit because it got in his way when his coordination became a little more difficult.  Mike passed from us just 9 weeks after this picture was taken...but oh, the joys he took with him and the joyous memories he left behind...I am so very glad he got to do the things he did...

Yes, in regards to not wanting to live that long...after Mike passed, I commented to my therapist that I was so glad that I was not young...at 61, I figured I didn't have as long to wait...when they told me last summer (incorrectly) that I had kidney cancer, after my first tears, my first thought was that I would see Mike sooner...yes, it does make a huge difference in our perspectives, doesn't it...

Dee:  I wonder if Eri and Mike were actually at the same place...it is a little place where many students go, and while I imagine there are many, many waterfalls with pools at the bottom, that is what did, as well...I will have to look up the name of the place where he was...they did eventually go into a city, but I can't recall that name, either, but he has it all in his journal.  Marcia...that was so nice of the teacher to include you and Larry in the discussions, and I am so happy that you are willing to go if they go next year...Bethany is so very proud of her sweet mama and dad....

love and peace,  carol  mikesmomrs

• Members

Did Mike go to Monteverde? Eri's science class traveled from the north to the south of Costa, stopping at several towns, and doing many day trips. They watched a man catch and tag bats, went into bat caves, researched the lives of women in Costa Rica, went to a town the last night that was bordering Nicaragua and they kayaked and sat in a hot tub with a view of a smoldering volcano. That night they stayed in a more upscale setting, prior to that, it was much less fancy. What a time for them.

Glad that Mike went to Jamaica. And happy too, that Bethany's teacher made the trip available to you and Larry, Marcia.

Sweet evening to one and all,

thanks for the weather update Marcia.

• Members

[align=center]Happy Birthday, Veronica!  [/align]

[align=center] [/align]

[align=center] [/align]

[align=center]Betsy, mysonRich[/align]

• Members

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VERONICA - FLY HIGH WITH OUR ANGELS AND SEND YOUR MOM AN EXTRA LARGE HUG!!!!

Still tired tonight but for different reasons - feel like I dropped into a hole, that black one that is deep and hard to climb out of....hanging on tight so I don't fall completely. It was a rough day back at work, meetings from 9am on through till 3, no lunch or break and total crazy. Then stopped to my mother-in-law's house for a visit and same old, same old, "lets not ask about Tavian or how I am doing, just make small talk because it is the easy way out"!!!!!!!!!!!!!  makes me crazy but oh well...at least I make the effort to visit her or call her - she has been to my house once since Jessica left and when she calls she calls Barry's cell phone as she only wants to talk to him I guess!!       Then my husband and I had "words", I called him an ass and walked away from him - not speaking to him right now and I know he is upset about it but I really so do not care at this moment.     When I read your post Shelly I felt so bad about what your husband said to you, went straight to the heart - I know that he didn't mean it but it doesn't make it less painful does it??  There is nothing you or he could have done to prevent what happened to Rohan anymore than any of us could have prevented what happened to our children - I BELIEVE that it was their time, God does not choose HOW our loved ones die but the time has already been set in stone - my belief.       I for one can say that my husband can say the cruelest thing to me and actually believes that he did not say anything wrong....we are so different in many ways, he is like "ok, if I don't think about it, talk about then I do not have to do anything about it" and I am "think about it, talk about it and do something about it" - does that make sense??   How true Shelly, tomorrow get up and try again.

Thanks to all - I did have  wonderful time but am so teary about not going to MN - I cannot believe I am not going, but must not be mad or upset as all things happen for a reason right?? I keep telling myself that.  Those of you who are going (Trudi already on her way!!!) have a most wonderful time and I agree with mamabets - I want to see utube and cops so put on your shades and look cool!!!!! :D

Lorrie - We went to Jamaica a few years ago and I had quite a rough time saying "NO" - I was so bad as I wanted to hand out to every little child I saw but soon learned that it is not possible - so walk away and feel no guilt. I remember we were there, must have been our 2nd day and we were sitting on the beach and a guy in a small boat waved at us and I waved back and my friend that traveled with us said "are you crazy, don't wave back, he is trying to sell you Ganga"  - I was just being friendly and had no idea - so take the advice from those who have given it. Hope you get to go parasailing - you will love it.

Marcia - love the words you posted from an old posting. So true.  Enkjoy MN my friend and smile for me.

Love to all and will try to catch up again tomorrow. Kathy

Sorry for babbeling so much!!!!!

• Members
heartbeataway

I don't believe I have a headache and a scratchy throat that's getting sore .......

I will not be sick!!!

• Members

SEEMS THAT MOST OF US ARE BUMMED OUT...ME TOO, JUST GOT HOME FROM CF MEETING..WENT WELL HAD IT AT A MEXICAN REST.SO IT WAS KINDLY LOUD..BUT...

THEY SAID THEY DONT NO HOW WE SURVIVED WHAT WE DID WITH KOURTNEY, the WAITING AND NOT KNOWING....WE JUST DO WHAT WE CAN DO DONT WE....

WELL TO ALL I GOT A LIL FUNNY, HARLEIGH ALWAYS SAID SHE DIDNT WANNA GOT TO SCHOOL SHE WAS JUST GOING TO WORK AT KOURTNEYS KLOSET.....WELL I WAS TOLD TODAY "SHE GUESSES SHE WILL GO TO SCHOOL"...YA NO LIKE SHE HAD A CHOICE...POOR BABY STATED 4YR OLD PROGRAM

PLZ SQUEEZE IN A LIL PRAYER FOR KODY, HE IS GOING TO START DRIVING TO SCHOOL ON WEDS AND ITS A DANGEROUS HWY LOTS OF ACC...AND IM VERY NERVOUS....THANK YOU FRIENDS....

• Members

Oh, Bonnie...have some tea with honey, stay in bed, drink lots of fluids, take extra vitamin C...get more advice from Dee...she has great advice for these types of things...I pray you will only be experiencing a temporary thing...extra dander in the air...pollen in the air, whatever, but pray you will be "fit as a fiddle" in the morning---or, we all can carry a giant-sized bottle of Purell and whatever it takes...

praying you into health...

Lorri:  praying Kody's safe journeys to school as he sets out on another rung of the ladder of growing up...

• Members

Dee:  yes, Mike went to Monteverde; it was a "hostel" type place, and it was pretty far in, they had to go down a one car wide (if that) road, until it got too muddy to travel any further, then they had a tractor pulling a cart to come get them and pull them the rest of the way!  I am so glad I didn't know about that til he came back!  Here are the only two pics taken there with him in them!  typical guy (sorry, guys), took only pics of the scenery and others, didn't think to ask someone to take a pic of him!  lol! 

On the trail - Costa Rica 1993

mikebytreeincostarica.jpg

I think I posted this one before, but can't remember: (this is the one that is carved onto his memorial stone)  On the porch of the hostel in Monteverde:

mikeinhammockcostarica.jpg

just wanted to share...hope no one minds...:)

love and peace, carol  mikesmomrs

• Members

sorry this is late....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VERONICA!!

• Members

Im sorry not all of us get to attend the reunion but at the same time Im so relieved I am not alone. I still have some of you here to keep me company. Not a good time for me to go anywhere. Today 8/11 marks one year since I heard my beautiful girl's voice. Where or where has the time gone? I would so love to hear that voice, just one more time. PLEASE??? In less than 24 hours it will be 1 year that I recieved news of her demise. It still doesnt seem possible. Her, why her? She knew of the dangers involved. Why in the world was she left alone? He could have walked her back instead of leaving her on the dock. He had to walk pass her apt to leave the area anyway. Why ask why. Questions I will not get answers to.

If I hear one more time about how strong I am I will absolutely scream. Im not strong. This past week has been horendous (sp). The tears flow as if i am reliving the nitemare over and over. It does get softer- right? Okay, sorry, Ive babbled enough and need to TRY to get some shut eye and be fresh for another work day.  Thank you for listening/reading. No need to respond, I know how it all plays out - hahahahahahaha.

HUGS to each and everyone of YOU and your ANGEL.

Lynn                     Kayla, if you are listening, please stop by for awhile! :)

• Members

((((((((((((Lynn))))))))))))))) a big hug

BI friends, before Rich died I prayed to God to keep my children safe and healthy. Somehow I feel like the jokes on me. So when I say now that I will keep a person in my thoughts, that equates to me as prayer. Someday that may change and i think for me talking, silently talking, it may be all I can muster right now in the form of prayer. And this isn't so much about religion, mine, yours, any ones. It just is.

I do believe in prayer and ask that those that can or for those that meditate or burn incense or just talk to someone, silently, can you remember my nephew Tim. he is alive and among us ,just starting a promising  career in DC and they find cancer. HE had a procedure and his dad tells me that it isn't the invasive kind. My deceased sister is Tim's mom and I know he misses her so much.

My daughter has also had a health concern. The reason for my fast trip 2 weeks ago. I have heard that prayer does work.

These life events rattle me and I find myself numb and at first, unable to confront what is happening. I will.

To all that are going to the Reunion, have a safe, glorious, fun, enriching  gathering.

Betsy, myson, Rich

• Members
heartbeataway

Lynn,

These are tough times for you!  I've thought at times that the days leading up are harder than the days themselves. It's the anticipation and remembering ...... at least for me.

It will get softer.  It will take time and I think it's different for everyone. Hang on tight!  We will be here for you during the rough times just as you will be there for us.

Love!

I feel worst today ....... not awful, awful but definitely have a bad heachache and a scratchy, raw somewhat sore throat.  Lovely, just lovely .........

Bonnie

Shelly ......

Mary Ann ......

Are you guys doing okay today?  

• Members

I had a computer melt  down last night so could not comment, BONNIE< honey and hot tea or water. Do not gargle, worst thing for the vocal chords. I started another headache yesterday with soreness in the throat too, and the goldenrod has bloomed here so I think it may be my hayfever, but so many folks here are sick, so watch out and take the vit.C. Maybe a sudafed for unclogging or some antihistimine sp.. Jon's girl had it for 4 days, nothing horrid, but enough to make her take some meds to improve. Thanks for the vote of confidence Ms. Carol.

I sure hope all is well Bonnie, we will take care of you.

dee

Now I will read this mornings posts.

• Members

[user=27668]mysonrich[/user] wrote:

((((((((((((Lynn))))))))))))))) a big hug

BI friends, before Rich died I prayed to God to keep my children safe and healthy. Somehow I feel like the jokes on me. So when I say now that I will keep a person in my thoughts, that equates to me as prayer. Someday that may change and i think for me talking, silently talking, it may be all I can muster right now in the form of prayer. And this isn't so much about religion, mine, yours, any ones. It just is.

I do believe in prayer and ask that those that can or for those that meditate or burn incense or just talk to someone, silently, can you remember my nephew Tim. he is alive and among us ,just starting a promising  career in DC and they find cancer. HE had a procedure and his dad tells me that it isn't the invasive kind. My deceased sister is Tim's mom and I know he misses her so much.

My daughter has also had a health concern. The reason for my fast trip 2 weeks ago. I have heard that prayer does work.

These life events rattle me and I find myself numb and at first, unable to confront what is happening. I will.

To all that are going to the Reunion, have a safe, glorious, fun, enriching  gathering.

Betsy, myson, Rich

Betsy,

I know the feeling.The night before Brian died he and my daughter went to a going away party for one of their friends going to Iraq. They were on Brian's motorcycle. Before I went to sleep I asked God to get them home safe because I couldn't take losing both of them. They made it home safe.I often wonder if maybe I needed to pray a little harder so Brian would have been safe the next day. I've made my peace with God since then.

Greg

• Members

Betsy, I sure do know that feeling, the "oh no, something else is going to happen..." waiting for the other shoe to drop. It is what I battle now and may need to go have a tune-up with my therapist. I do worry more. I do pray, talk to, and send just plain positive energy out there...I will do all of that in the thought of your nephew and your daughter. Hang tight Sweetie, we are all here with our hearts like parachutes.

Bonnie, look on line for homeopathic remedies, I use cider vinegar with warm water for my throat, to drink...yuk yes, helpful yes. I do that for larynegitis (sp) but it works. Does this feel like that coming on, my friend has that right as residual from this virus with the headache. I took some asprin before bed to assist with the headache, but allergies are such that I will continue with extra antihistamines.

I am going to try to attach a photo of ERi in Costa Rica Carol, it looks as though our Babies leaned on the same tree and walked the same paths. Love the photos, thanks for sharing.

Lynn, there are no arms big enough to rock away the ache of this time, but please know that we are all here for you for each other, and that each time someone comes up on these dates, we hold a bit tighter. Loving you Sweet Woman, your Girl is loving you too, for all time.

dee

• Members

Lynn:  Holding you close, sending strength, sending love, sending comfort, understanding, and wishes that I could be there to hold you in person, listen to you, and let you know how much we all care.  These hours you are passing through are sad, but I believe that your beautiful Kayla is right there with you, brushing your cheeks with love. 

Rich's mom---we here all understand about the feelings we have regarding God/prayer after this loss, and we must each allow ourselves, as we do each other, the room to find our own comfort level with this issue.  As Greg, I have made peace with it, but for some it takes longer, for some, it doesn't happen, from what I've read here and from what I've heard from people in this same situation---and that is each person's own choice.  I do think that keeping each other in our thoughts, however, does send an energy to that person, even if it is only an energy that can't be felt, but somehow helps with the living of each day.  I will keep you and your loved ones in thought and prayer, Betsy. 

• Members

For lostwoher~ Oh my God. The last time that you heard her voice...

This, my dear friend, is like so many other firsts and lasts.. It is part of this awful process, and just coming here to talk it out helps tremendously.

When people used to tell me that I was so strong, I would say "No. I am not. I am as weak as a kitten, and will be this way until the day I go to be with Danny. PERIOD"

I am, still. I am strong in accepting that I am weak. Bottom line~

We become different people after this, and adjusting to the weakness is an honor to our angels.

Sure, we learn to live with it, and walk with it, but take us back, every hour of the day, and are we strong??

Oh please....

Accept you and love you. Wear it on your sleve and everywhere else... Be proud of who you have become, for you are surviving. Slow, deep breathing for the weak and weary!!

Much Love~

mamabets and Danny, her little wink from here, there and everywhere 

• Members

For mysonrich~ My dear Bets... There is no way possible that after multiple loss, you can avoid tremendous fear~

I know that every time my Jackie, or one of my grand children, have to go to the doctor, immediate fear kicks in. I know how to talk myself through it now, but it has taken a LONG time. All of these feelings are completely normal, as in 1,000% normal~

Be gentle with you and wait for the fear to pass. It does, and then it comes back, and you find that somewhere in that toolbox of yours, you will find the tool to adjust to the feelings that do not feel safe, at all... You learn how to "tweak..."

Take that tool and hold it close. Polish it, kiss it and thank it every day, for it will always be there...

Much Love~

• Members

For 4everJoeysmom~ Hi Claudia~ A WEDDING FOR YOU... Dear Patrick, as he carries on to celebrate life~

I have attended many since Danny's passing, including my dear Jackie's.. She married a wonderful man, and they now are living in Morehead City.. How I love reading about Joey and Morehead City on his website.. Such a great spot... Julia, 10, and Caroline, 2 1/2 run on the beach... I will email you pics and videos... Memories will help to bring your heart home...

Sending you much love always~

• Members

Kayla, you are one year an angel, and my hope is that you are able to give Momma a sense of your peace. Let she and your Brother know that you are all about, listening and loving in a constant state of communion.

We love your Momma, and we love you.

dee

• Members

Lynn, My heart is with you for the next two days as you approach Kayla's one year angelversary.  Please know that your sweet angel is near you every day and every night separated by just the most translucent veil of another dimension.  Cry your eyes out, scream , sleep .... pray....whatever it takes to get through to another day.  It will get softer, 'we' have been promised that by others who really truly understand and are holding us up. I also wish you could come to the reunion but am glad that there will be part of our BI family here to hold you through this one year day. All my love to you , Marcia   Bethany's Mom Forever

• Members
heartbeataway
I am strong in accepting that I am weak. Bottom line~

Bets,

I so love these words.  Thank you for sharing them.

Betsy, Rich's Mom

The night before our Jason left.  My last thoughts were a prayer to "keep him safe, please don't let anything happen to our boy."

I know that not all prayers are answered.

I'm going to take something and lay down for a while ......

Bonnie