• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

OK AND THIS IS KODY ABOUT 15MONTH....ALRIGHT DONE BOTHERN YA

post-22932-128153890796_thumb.jpg

• Members

Claudia

I would be honored to send a check and will do so tomorrow. I think I have to try to live this life the best and most giving I can to honor Johnny and his life here. Our planet really is a small world and it makes me feel good that so little can actually help in such a big way. The boxes that you create sound so wonderful, helpful and loving. What a lot of work you do-talk about honoring your child-again you astound me with your giving.

Take care and thank you for letting us all help. Does a heart good.

Hugs, Kay

• Members
heartbeataway

Lorri,

No bother!  Loved the pictures!  Thanks for sharing!

Bonnie

• Members
heartbeataway

Claudia,

Made my donation online tonight for the boxes.  I will try to put something together to say and email a picture. But I might just want it as an act of kindness in memory of Jason.

Blessings to you and your box project.

Bonnie (& Rich)

• Members

Claudia - went to the website and made an online donation to the Labrador Family.  Gotta hope that's you!

The pictures and information about you and Michael give a greater insight into your commitment not only to those you assist, but to yourselves.  Very happy people in the picture by the falls.

Hope you get many more donations..........Trudi:cool:

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Trudi,

Thanks for the kind words. My husband and I really love working with the people here. One of the most fantastic highlights of this year was when we had an orthodontist and her dentist friend come for a few days during. They provided a 2-day free dental clinic to a huge majority of the primary school aged children in our area by setting up shop in the main school. All of the kids that attend that school got free cleanings, and many had a severe tooth pulled or cavities addressed. Most had never seen a dentist before, so addressing their nervousness was an issue of its own....but.. THAT kind of stuff just sends my heart into dancing. Thanks for supporting the Christmas Box project. I am so filled with joy that my friends here are helping out with that.

Carol and Bonnie, thank you also. And Bonnie, it's cool to just be doing in the honor and memory of our kids. Maybe you would like to just add a picture of Jason or the one of the magical family Christmas? Anonymity is fine too. Whatever your heart desires. I just want to honor you all too.

Kay, thanks so much!! Sending hugs your way. You've shared so much recently that has really shed light on your journey. I hope you find as much comfort and encouragement as you give.

We have a lady friend here that owns a chicken ranch. We are going to buy chickens for each of the families to add to the Christmas Box. :) The chickens are huge and we can get them for a very good price and quantity discount. Yay! Oh my heart is singing in the planning of all of this... I am smiling as I write... and truly, when we reach out to others, I have found that the most healing medicine of all. THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!! With love..

• Members

Claudia, it was fun to look over the site that describes the work you do, and great to see a face to attach to your heart that comes through loud and clear. Ånyway, I will send my check through the mail and a note of some sort.

Until then,

My heart

• Members

Dear Colleen,

the court system in the wrongful death cases that some of us have had to deal with are very difficult indeed. OUrs dragged out for 4.5 years and finally ended last March.In many ways it was a relief, but to my exhusband, Michael, it was a sadness as it was what he felt he had left of ERi, the fight was still ongoing and so he had that. I think I would have felt that way a year or two earlier, but by the time we wre winding up with it all, I was ready to let that part go. I needed to step into the day without the fight.

I hired a wonderful man who lives in Michigan very close to where Erica's car was hit by the train. He knew Michigan law, and that was very important, however AMTRAK is funded by the Federal Government, and so we were never going to really win in court. It looked good for a while, but boy the big companies just roll right over the little people, much like the train did to my Girl. A fuse was out, for 11 months a fuse was blown, yu know a 4.00 item that nobody figured to change, and so my Girl died. It was not AMTRAK's light, it was the City of Kalamazoo's light but it was hooked into the AMTRAK timer and Amtrak reported it broken in thier monthly paperwork that my lawyer retrieved, for 11 months. However, they only reported it to the City once. So in my heart, in my way of living, they both were responsible, city and company alike. THe city agreed to settle with us under certain conditions that we initiated. They were to tear down the old and rebuild the new and immediately. They agreed, the 5 stops along that strip of town that cuts through two college campus' is now safe. And so there is where we did win in our deep loss, we won the right to make it safe for others in Eri's name. If it were up to me, there would be a permanent billboard there with Eri's smiling face saying, This Girl/Angel made you safe.

I ranted on and on, guess I still am angry, (no shock there).

My main point in all my rant is that court cases often go on for well over a year and often twice an triple that. Try to find a way to not live only in that fight, because when it is over, you feel like you have lost them again and it is vitally important to your mental and physical health to not do that.

Peace and progress to you, let us know how you are as you go along.

Dee

• Members

Forgot to tell you All,

I had a dream/visit last night from Eri as a baby. I dreamed that ERica was here at school with me, and that I needed to nurse her. I felt her little head in my arms and my skin against her. I felt myself nursing, amazing sensation, and then I looked down into her little face and I began speaking to her which made her laugh and laugh, and then I would laugh and she would laugh harder. It was a wonderful dream and I have felt peaceful all day from my time with her last night. I wonder if it was around 2:00 Am when I used to sit in her little room near in the big chair next to the window and nurse her each night for many months. It was a time of exquisite communion.

Peace,

dee

• Members

DEE,

WHAT A WONDERFUL DREAM....HOW SPECIAL TO FEEL AND LAUGH AND REMEMBER...

I TOO HAD A DREAM OF KOURTNEY LAST NIGHT I JUST CANT REMEMBER IT, ALL I KNOW I WAS ASKING HER QUESTIONS...BUT THAT IS ALL I REMEMBER...MAYBE TONIGHT I CAN DREAM IT AGAIN AND REMEMBER..

SO SAD WITH THE TRAIN A "FUSE"  ...AND WHY DONT YOU DO THE BILL BOARD? YOU DONT HAVE TO DIRECT IT AT AMTRAK BUT FOR THOSE WHO KNOW THE TRUTH WILL KNOW IT...

IF I COULD YELL AT CANCER I WOULD....I'D HUNT IT DOWN AND KILL IT...FOR GETTING MY BABY, IN THE HAPPIEST TIME OF HER LIFE....

YESTERDAY WAS HARD I DROVE TO A LIL TOWN AND ORDERED KOURTNEY'S GRAVE BLANKET..THE LADY THAT OWNED THE STORE SEEMED TO NOT HAVE VERY MUCH IMAGINATION OF WHAT I WANTED. SHE IS USE TO JUST DOING THE GREENERY WITH A RED BOW....I WANT FLOWERS (NOT POINSETTAS) RED DAISIES, AND RIBBONS, AND CHECKERED FLAGS (SINCE WE RACE AND SHE LOVED IT)...SO SHE IS GOING TO ADD FLOWERS AND I WILL DO THE FLAGS ONCE I GET IT.. 82 DOLLARS IS SO NOTHING FOR MY BABIES CHRISTMAS GIFT..THE LADY DIDNT KNOW ID PAY WHAT EVER SHE ASKED.

I WILL SEND PICS (OF COURSE) WHEN I GET IT NEXT WEEK

• Members

THIS IS THE PIC I PUT OF OF GROWN KOURTNEY. MONTYS FAVORITE

post-22932-1281538908_thumb.jpg

• Members

I just wanted to thank those of you that took the time to write my friends mother. If there are still some of you that would like to write please feel free. I have decided not to give her the letters at the funeral but to send her a care package in a few weeks or maybe even a month, once the shock has worn off and reality has hit. It will have the letters from you all, some poetry, books, etc... If you have any ideas for me to add to the package please let me know. Once again, thanks, you just don't know how much I appreciate it.

Amanda

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Dee, What an amazing dream with Eri!! I too recall many months of sitting and rocking Joey in the wee hours of the morn, and how special and sweet that time was. He was such a beautiful baby... his olive skin and full cheeks, big dark doe eyes and longest black eyelashes... His chubby little hands as they reached for my face as he nursed... what memories. To only have them visit in a dream... How wonderful.. My heart sings for you. :)

• Members

Dee - I am so happy that you dreamt of your Eri - what a beautiful dream. I wish I dreamt of Jessica - I often wonder why I do not!!! Makes me sad but maybe in time.

Amanda - your very welcome - if I can help someone else who has joined this journey I do it with a heart of love. Good idea to wait a little while.

Lorri - Kourtney is absolutely gorgeous!!  What special pictures you have, wonderful memories!!  Could you tell me a little more about Kourtney's closet - I guess I must have missed something along the way - sorry about that.  Your story about Colby broke my heart - I read it to my hisband tonight and he looked at me and I know we were both thinking the same thing - there are so many out there on this road yet what an awful thing for a 17 year old to go through. I am so glad that you talk to him on My Space - he is blessed to have you.

Claudia - no problem, I wrote a check today and will send tomorrow along with a picture of Jessica - I am glad to help those in need and knowing that it has made you so happy is well worth it.  Yes, it is all worth it to see Tavian's smiling face along with my hidden tears.  He starts basketball this Saturday and is so excited - I will take pics. Tomorrow we go to the firehouse to trim the tree, Saturday is basketball, then his babysitter comes Saturday night as we have a Christmas party, Sunday morning is Santa Clause at the firehouse and Sunday nite is the "Lights of Love" so we have a busy weekend.   The lights of love is beautiful - you buy a christmas tree light for 5 dollars a piece and they decorate a huge tree outside for all to admire - all of the names of the Angels are listed and posted inside the building - it is done every year - last year I bought 4 and this year 6 - scarey. Tavian insisted that we buy one for our Angel Kaylie and he said to write "Kaylie Superdog" on it!!  Children are so wonderful.

Lana - yes it is hard with Tavian but I know that I am blessed to have him - he is my shinning star and even though we are going through some rough times at night I know that all will even out. My therapist said that it is not unusual for a child of his age to be afraid at night but it is especially hard on Tavian as he believes his mommy left him at night time while he was asleep so he is afraid that I will leave him the same way - it is hard to explain it to him - just need to keep strong and Jessica will show me the way.  I know that Jessica is proud of me yet there are times when I ask myself if I am doing the right things but just as when my Jessica was born they do not come with instructions and God knows there are no instructions on how to get throught the loss of a child - so I will keep doing one day at a time. Thank you for your kind words.

I am going to try to post a pic and see what happens - been having a hard time but found a new program called "picnic" that I am going to try over the weekend.

Peace and love to all - Kathy

• Members

Do not know if this will work but if it does this is Tavian wearing a colander on his head, a lid to a pot for his shield and his play gun - we were in Iowa and he was playing guns with my brother-in-law - so funny!!  Hope it works

post-17871-128153890803_thumb.jpg

• Members
heartbeataway

Kathy,

Absolutely precious picture of Tavian!

Lorri,

I can see why the picture of Kourtney is Monty's favorite!  Beautiful!  Looking forward to seeing a picture of your picture wall .....

Claudia,

The Christmas Box Project is blessed ......

Marcia,

If you're reading, I'm really enjoying our chats and getting to know your Bethany.

Amanda,

I sent you my letter.  Glad you reminded me.  I wrote it the other night but then the program I used wouldn't let me save it so I could attach it!  What a thoughtful caring gesture from you!

mamabets,

Are you doing okay?

Carol,

you mentioned "palpable sadness" all around us ....... I know exactly what you mean.

I'm not decorating for Christmas but I am inviting some friends and neighbors in for a Christmas Cookie Exchange and lunch.  I've been invited to Cookie Exchanges but I've never hosted one.  Any ideas?

Love you guys,

Bonnie

• Members

I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A CUTER LITTLE BOY (CEPT MINE LOL) LOVE THE COLENDER...FUNNY STUFF

KOURTNEYS KLOSET IS GOING TO BE AFFILIATED WITH DHS IN OUR COMMUNITY THAT HELPS CLOTHE KIDS IN THE FOSTER/ABUSED/ ETC SYSTEM...WE HAVE A LOCATION AND ARE TRYING TO GET THE NON PROFIT PAPERS GOING, BUT AS FAR AS ANY DONATIONS FROM THE COMMUNITY (O) SO FAR...SO WERE GOING TO TRY TO GET THE NEWSPAPER INVOLED AND GO FROM THERE...BUT WE THINK LIKE ONCE A MONTH THE KIDS CAN COME GET NEW CLOTHES AND TRADE THEIR OLD ONES IN THEY HAVE OUTGROWN (ALL FOR FREE) THESE WOULD BE USED CLOTHES AND SHOES BUT ALL CLEANED FOR THE NEXT KID...PLUS COATS...

ALSO WE ARE DOING SOMETHING JUST FOR THE DHS KIDS THAT GET TAKIN DURING THE NIGHT WITH BACK PACKS THAT WILL HAVE CLOTHES AND SCHOOL SUPPLIES OR DIAPERS AND WIPES AND CLOTHES FOR AGE APPROPRIATE KIDS...FROM NEWBORN TO WHAT 17 OR SO....

SO IM JUST PRAYING GOD DIRECTS US AND THE DONATIONS WILL COME, OUR FIRST OBSTICAL IS THE FLOOR AT THE LOCATIONS IS BAD NEEDS THE CARPET GLUE TAKEN UP AND NEW CARPET PUT DOWN SO LIL ONES FIRST OF ALL ARE NOT AFRAID AND 2ND DONT GET HURT...

THATS ABOUT IT...I AM READY FOR IT TO GET ROLLING SO I CAN GET BIZZY AND KEEP MY MIND ON DOING FOR THE KIDS AND I WONT SIT AROUND AS MUCH CRYING FOR KOURTNEY, (WELL I WILL BUT...ID BE HELPING)

• Members

Good evening everybody! Glad to see there are so many wonderful elves doing such good deeds. There will be numerous happy families this holiday season. I on the other hand will be a scrooge this year. So much has been taken away and Im not up to all the hoopla. I think working retail may have a lil bit to do with it as well. I have managed to bring out the decorations and put them in their place but thats about as much as I can handle. I have already promised myself to do better next year as far as giving. Its so not like me to not be giving but I have given all that I have. Bless each and everyone of you for being able to help those less fortunate. Looking forward to seeing pictures posted of you all this holiday season.

Peace, Love and Warmth,

Lynn

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Kathy and anyone else sending mail to NC, it's best to send notes and pictures to me via e-mail, as I am in Ecuador and I have no way to get that mail before the boxes will be delivered. Our NC mail is handled by a volunteer there, but forwarding cards and letters usually takes a few weeks and I never have a guarantee of receiving them. Sorry... Scanning and e-mailing pictures and word document notes by e-mail are the best way (for now).

Lynn, I am SO sorry that the working in retail is complicating your grief. That certainly is understandable, and I admire that you can do that. Christmas is the toughest besides birthdays... We're all here with you to be a sounding board and give encouragement where we can. Hold on tight as the tide ebbs and flows. Hugs, Claudia

• Members

Lynn, I wish that I could give you what we all wish we could have again,  but since I cannot, I wish you some quiet, some peaceful thoughts.  Yes, it is a great deal of hoopla that makes little sense to you right now. It is all out of kilter, and holidays and celebrations when your heart is so torn up just make no sense at all. You needn't give anything to anyone right now, the fact that you got out the decorations is huge. I haven't done that going on 6 years. Maybe this year, maybe not. I will just have to let the days determine what I can and cannot handle. Life is very different, so ofcourse the holidays will be different too, and Lynn, you have to do what you feel you can handle.

I get out the winter decorations at school, which I love, and we talk about why all the cultures use lights and foods to mark the special times. WE work to show that just because someone may not celebrate a holiday, or celebrates it differently, doesn't make it weird, it only makes it different from our own, and no less important.

Peace to All,

Dee

• Members

Kathy, give that colander wearing Boy a big hug from me, simply because he is beautiful, and that his smile made a little campfire in my heart.

Love,

Dee

• Members

Claudia,

Thank you so much for providing a way for us to honor our precious children. Is there any use in us mailing pretty hairbows and ribbons to the NC address? I have a slight addiction to shopping and if I have a project all the better.

Daniel wanted to be a missionary and he is now, just in a different way. Bless you for all you do for us.

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Dan's Mama, You are so sweet! Bonnie asked about sending something as well, and so I'll explain here. It's difficult to receive packages directly mailed to Ecuador, because often they don't arrive. I guess if they look like they may contain something valuable.. who knows? The very best way we can get things directly is by having them carried by a mission team that is coming to visit for a project with us. The next scheduled group is coming in January. Though it may no longer be Christmas, I will say this. The group in January will be going with my husband and other team leaders to an area a few hours from where we live. It is very remote. They went there in August to feed families. It is a very remote, very poor area, and there are a lot of kids without shoes and clothes. SO hair ribbons and things would be so very welcomed. If you are in a mood to shop and would like to help with little gifts for the kids here in Ecuador, I will send you a PM with a mailing address for the team leader in the U.S. that is coming here in January. We also have teams scheduled for Feb-Mar and usually all through May until August. Lightweight things like hair clips & ribbons, balsa wood planes for boys, plastic combs, handkerchiefs, kids socks & underwear, stickers, little stuffed toys, and things of that nature are great for mission projects. There are many things people need, especially kids and the elderly--and generally we buy the bulk of it here as it's less expensive and it's difficult and expensive to get an accumulation of things here by suitcases. There are a lot of weight restrictions on bags. And to ship a carton here, forget it. The taxes we would have to pay, if the box even arrived, would cost more than the value of what's in it.

Hope that helps. There is always a way to help for anyone who has a heart for that. And I really appreciate your asking. Hair ribbons are great! And if it helps you to get through the holidays to make gestures like that, I know they will be put to very good use by people with great need. :) Thanks again for asking, and thanks so much to all that have taken interest in honoring the memory of our kids through a project that helps the kids here.

The attached photo is of a little boy that we visit often. Notice his shoes... He has since received new ones, but this is typical of what we see here.

post-16030-12815389081_thumb.jpg

• Members
heartbeataway

Claudia,

Just tell me where to send small things so that they can get to you.

Love!

Bonnie

• Members

THIS HAS REALLY TAKEN A LIFE  UNTO ITSELF. GIVING IN MEMORY OF OUR KIDS. WAY TO GO GUYS.

GREG

• Members

Claudia,

I would also like the address. Since I have moved I am about to go through my sons toys, clothes, shoes, etc... that he no longer uses. Does it just need to be small things or can we send whatever we can? I will also have a bunch of me and my husbands clothes and shoes that I can send.

Amanda

• Members

I KNOW YALL PROBABLY SEEN THIS POEM ON ANOTHER THREAD BUT I WANTED TO MAKE SURE YOU DID SEE IT....IT JUST SUMS IT UP....AND I DIDNT WRITE IT...BUT I SURE COULD HAVE.

Don't Tell Me

Please don't tell me you know how I feel,

Unless you have lost your child too,

Please don't tell me my broken heart will heal,

Because that is just not true,

Please don't tell me my daughter is in a better place,

Though it is true, I want her here with me,

Don't tell me someday I'll hear her voice, see her face,

Beyond today I cannot see,

Don’t tell me it is time to move on,

Because I cannot,

Don’t tell me to face the fact she is gone,

Because denial is something I can't stop,

Don't tell me to be thankful for the time I had,

Because I wanted more,

Don't tell me when I am my old self you will be glad,

I'll never be as I was before,

What you can tell me is you will be here for me,

That you will listen when I talk of my child,

You can share with me my precious memories,

You can even cry with me for a while,

And please don't hesitate to say her name,

Because it is something I long to hear everyday,

Friend please realize that I can never be the same,

But if you stand by me, you may like the new person I become someday.

• Members
heartbeataway

Greg,

I think you started this  .......... 

Thank you!  Just because our hearts are heavy it doesn't mean we can't add joy to someone elses.  You've shown us this in your giving ways ......

Bonnie

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Bonnie, I second that commendation to Greg! You really are an awesome inspiration, Greg!!

I'll get you that address and send it to you Facebook.

Amanda, I'll PM you the address, and you can send whatever you desire regarding the things you sort through, because there are so many very poor people we will be visiting for the January project--people of all ages and sizes. When you box stiff up, just let me know how much it weighs, as the coordinator for the trip will need to have her team people spread the weight out amongst their luggage pieces.

Bless you all. My heart has been so "bouncy" this week, thanks to you all! :) Love, Claudia

• Members
heartbeataway

Lorri,

I've never seen this writing before.  I really like it.  Thanks for sharing!

Bonnie

• Members

To whoever wants to listen!LOL Sorry I need to vent about work.

I am the clinic operator and also the physical therapy receptionist and so needless to say the phone don't stop ringing and I don't really get a break except for lunch when I forward the calls to medical records. But they are so lazy over there and god forbid I go even a minute longer then i'm suppose to before they are running to the supervisor. Anytime I need to do something for physical therapy such as make copies, cancel appointments or reschedule appointments etc...I ask them to take the phones for me(FYI I'm not even in the same building as the clinic). Here lately they won't even take the phones because they say they are short handed or just busy. There is 4 or 5 people in medical records and I know they don't stay busy the whole time. It is so frustrating because I am having to do 2 positions and they won't even attempt to help. I also get all the emails of who will be gone each day so that I know not to transfer calls to them and let's just say theres never a day that everyone is there. Since I got to close on my house and move I took off to close which I had 8 hours that I won from the dessert contest we had but she didn't get my time in and so I didn't get paid. i've had to take off to get all the utilities hooked up because they only do it during the day and won't give a specific time of when they will be there and then had to take off for the carpet to be installed. So this has been 3 days in the past 3-4 weeks that I took off. Now they are complaining about always having to have the phones and telling me to schedule stuff off working hours. Why only me? Every day someone leaves for something all the time but since they don't want to answer the phones I'm the only one not allowed too. Then she wanted to get an attitude about me wanting to leave early today to head to muskogee(a 3 hour drive where the funeral is)so I can get there in time for the viewing. I'm just so angry. Its not fair.

Well i guess I'll go to lunch now but thanks for listening. I just needed to vent!

Amanda

• Members
heartbeataway

Amanda,

arrrgh!  with ya!

This too shall pass ...........

Bonnie

I found this image this morning, maybe it will make you at least take your mind off work for a few minutes ......

• Members

Hi Gang,

Amanda, the moon is up to something today, or something, because many peole I know are having a difficult day, more than usual on a Friday. Take heart, perhaps it will get better as it progresses, if not, I hope that Monday finds this issue gone. The last thing you need right now is complications in any part of your life, dealing with grief is complicated enough.

Blessings,

Dee

Hey those of you that sent to Caludia through the website...did you pay online and is there any issue with paying and the terms of the agreement thingy that comes up? I would love the ease of paying on line, but I get scared that I am agreeing to something in the terms of the agreeement...

Hey, Michael may be going home today, for a while before the next procedure. I don't know if it is in effort to boost his spirits or to give him possibly his last time home...maybe both, maybe neither, just probably a nice thing for him to see his house and spend time in it with Jon and the cat, and to sleep in his bed. BUt I know what happens to folks after 6 weeks in the hospital, it happened to Mike the first stay, he became frightened to be home, frightened of every germ, of dirt or dust...It is tricky this trying to live with a disease thing. Prayers please for Michael and Jon as they enter yet another new territory.

Dee

• Members
heartbeataway

Dee,

I had no problems and it was a google check out.  I had previously created a login.

I like the ease of paying online also.

Continued prayers for Michael and Jon ......... what a tough situation!  The holidays will be special this year.

~b

• Members

Amanda:  so totally understand where you are coming from...those of us who work/have worked the front desk know exactly how you feel.  I heard that the new secretary who took my place (when I retired last winter) was told that she couldn't take time off unless she had already scheduled someone to answer the phones!  Now, my old office is staffed with highway engineers...I was the only " admin staff" person there...did they really think that a $50 an hour engineer is going to sit there and answer the phones?  Anyway, just three months after starting there, the new secretary quit!  Validated my complaints, I guess.

Anyway, venting can help.  never worry about venting here; that's what we do the best---listen.  Take care, and I hope things smoothed out for you and you were able to leave early and get to your destination on time.  Try to take some time for yourself this weekend, even if it is only an hour.

love and peace,  carol  mikesmomrs

• Members

Love the spirit of giving although we have heavy hearts.  Claudia - instead of sending a check I did it through google as you suggested - much easier to pay on-line.  It feels good to help.

My friend that I work with, Debbie, a wonderful girl. A few weeks ago her husband went for a check up as his stomach was not feeling well - the results??  Cancer in the liver, lungs and brain - he is now in Hospice in the hospital and they are just counting the minutes!!!  How do you go to the doctor for a stomach ache and on your death bed with in a couple of weeks!!  I sometimes lose site of my faith when things like this happen. Please pray for her and her family.

Amanda - good to let it out - know just how you feel when you are the only one who seems to be doing anything at work and everyone else is complaining that they have tooooooo much to do as they sit there talking on their cell phone!!   Been here almost 14 years and nothing changes - keep your head up sweetie.

Dee - yes he is so cute isn't he!!   The colander was used for his helmet but kept slipping off so we found some felt material and tied it on - he was so cute and my brother in law was so great to play with him at his age - he even wore a colander and had a sheild of which I have a picture but I am sure he would not appriciate me posting it !!!  Have plenty more pics to post.

At work so I must go and do something before someone has something to say to me!!  Right Amanda??

Love to all - Kathy

• Members
4everjoeysmom

All of the pay online stuff was set up on our site by my husband. He is wonderful at that technical stuff, built the site, etc. Everything is very secure, and we have received through Google most, so that's the one that seem to be preferred by most, I guess. Anyway, I think "terms of agreement" is a default thing that comes up on most software programs that you use for the first time.

Amanda, I am so sorry your day at work has been rotten, and the people there even more so with how unfair they are treating you. It seems to be "all about me" for all of them, and you seem to be kind and generous, always going the extra mile. It sounds stressful. I don't know that I would have stuck around as long as you have through all of this. I commend you for your patience. Your venting was minor, and it's the least we can do for another, listen when things get rough.

I'll be thinking of you as you travel, and I pray that you find courage and strength for all that you are faced with in attending your friend's memorial/funeral. Bless you, Claudia

• Members

Lorri - thank you for telling me more about Kourtney's closet - what can I do to help?? Let me know - you can e-mail me or just let me know here. Thanks my friend. Kathy

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Kathy, Thanks so much for sponsoring a Christmas Box! :)

On a sadder note, I am so sorry your friend and co-worker Debbie and her husband are facing such an awful and painful circumstance. Yes! Things like this, as we all know, rock the very core of our soul, the very foundation of our faith and what we believe in.

My mom, a few years back moved with her husband out into the remote countryside. Mom didn't work and has really been a homebody for many years. She's only had a few really close friends that I can ever remember--the kind that stick with you through the thick and thin of many years. About 6 months after moving, she made a new friend, Marian. Mom and Marian became very close over a couple of years--inseparable it seemed. They were always shopping together, visiting, going out to dinner with the husbands, as a group, doing church together--everything. Marian was healthy and busy with all kinds of living. One day she went to the doctor for a stomach ache, found out she had pancreatic cancer and within months was gone. My mom was devastated. I think back on that now and all the things she did with Marian, and all the things she learned through Marian--about herself, about lots of things, to the point of regaining confidence and assurance after having had two lousy long marriages to alcoholics and now on her third (but wonderful) marriage. Mom mourned for Marian's passing for quite some time, visiting her grave site often. Mom became stronger in her faith in knowing Marian, and I believe that faith is what got her through losing Marian, then shortly after an aunt, her brother, my son (her grandson), and now her husband to the terrible vascular dementia he is suffering from. I know some of us suffer more losses than others in a lifetime, and we wonder why us. I know there are many things that happen that we will never know answer to on this side of life. But I also know that through many wonderful relationships, no matter how long or short they are, we become more and better than we ever would have been without those relationships. It hurts to seemingly no end when we lose out, when we are the ones left behind to grieve and suffer, when our dreams are shattered with the passing of a loved one. But somehow, some way, if we are truly blessed by the faith we have clung to (without even realizing we clung to it), we realize in time how much more void we would have in our lives if we never, ever had that person n our lives to teach us what we know now. It's only one of a few things I've learned that now bring a smile to a very broken heart....

Cling to your faith... It's what we "experience" through the good times, and all we recognize sometimes in the bad...

Bless your friend and her husband. I pray he not suffer great pain for long, and that she finds comfort and everything she needs "to get through" in faith, friends and family...Amen.

• Members

Amanda,

Your co-workers are so mean.....what makes some people act so

hateful, and others so nice ??  Who knows !  My sympathy for your

situation----hope it improves.

Dee,

It will be good for Michael to go home to his own place---where he

feels the most comfortable emotionally. Will keep on praying for all.

Your dream of ERi was so nice......the kind of dream we all need---

feeling close to our babies.

Lorri,

Beautiful photo of Kourtney !  Also, will pray for your  "adopted son, Colby"

Kathy,      Tavian's photo with the colander is just so so cute. My heart

goes out to Debbie and her poor husband. Will pray for them also.

Peace to all...........     Daveysmom,   Sherry

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Dee, I too am praying for Michael, for Jon, and for you. Please keep us posted on how things are going.

Has anyone talked to or heard from Betsy? I know she goes long stretches now between posts. But she's been on my heart a lot since losing her precious pup. If anyone hears, tell her she is loved and missed. Thanks.

• Members

ALL I KNOW RIGHT NOW IS TO PRAY WE GET DONATIONS AND IF YOU KNOW A CARPET GUY THAT WOULD BE SUPER GREAT...THANK YOU FOR ASKING

post-22932-128153890814_thumb.jpg

• Members
4everjoeysmom

have you called your local carpet places to see if they would be willing to donate closeout carpet remnants and such? It may not pan out, but you have nothing to lose in trying. You could ask them to keep your name and phone you if any remnants come in. Lots of times when they do installs, they tear out the old carpet. If it's not worn through and cleanable, who cares that's its used? It would be better than the floor surface as it is. right? You could also check with companies that do remodeling contracting and such to ask the same type of question--used carpet or remnants. If the remnants are large enough, they could be peaced together to make areas or specific departments/sections within your shop to divide out men's, women's, children's, shoes, furniture, whatever. It doesn't have to be posh. Functional and clean would likely do well. No?

Also, Amanda...maybe the things you intend to sort through and donate could go to Kourtney's Kloset instead?? Just thinking that it's more local (in the States) and may be less expensive to send there. It all goes for a good cause whether there or here. Right? No pressure. I just wanted to toss that out there for consideration...and for anyone else who is cleaning out wardrobes and such.

• Members

Claudia,

that is a great idea. I wasn't sure how it worked yet if they would take used stuff but I will definitely be doing that now. I'm hoping I can help with donations. I'm trying to come up with a fundraiser for it so wish me luck!

Thanks to all that responded to my venting! I don't know what I would do without you guys!

Amanda

• Members
heartbeataway

Lorri,

Is Kourtney's closet just for children?  Do you want donations of used clothing, shoes, etc?

I'm sure I could put a box together for you.

Bonnie

• Members

JUST USED CLOTHES FROM NEWBORN TO LARGER KIDS UP TO 17 .....AND SHOES COAT, DIAPERS, WIPES ETC...

BUT YES GREATLY APPRECIATED:)