Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members

Bonnie,

Yes, you are so right.......losing a child is a sorrowful, life-changing,

and devastating event.  We are never the same people we were.

Life goes on, of course, and we march or trudge along, but we are

different in so many ways.........ways that only someone who has

had the same experience can fully understand.  We also will never

have grandchildren from Dave, and the family name will die. I do

have g'children from my daughters though, for which I am grateful.

I pray Jason visits you in a dream or some other communication.....

the kind of communication we all love to have.  Peace be with you always.

Dee,

Continuing to pray for Michael, and for dear Jonathan. Peace & love.

To all who are preparing to move........good luck with all the packing,

and the move. May your new homes be place of comfort to you.

Daveysmom,  Sherry

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

lolynbo,

Such a beautiful little dog. Yes, it is like Kourtney asked  for" just one

doggie", and was granted her request.  Bless her little white soul.

Sherry

• Members
heartbeataway

[align=center]Happy Halloween!!

Fall Blessings

[/align]

• Members

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY :)

• Members

[align=center]happy halloween everybody...[/align]

and happy rest of fall, also!  turn your clocks back tonight!  Oh, I dread that...that first day (and that first week) is always SO LONG!  But, then since we are moving tomorrow, the seeming extra length of the day will help, won't it...we are actually ready!

Mike LOVED Halloween, though as his dad said tonight...Mike LOVED any holiday!  So many memories....

Sarah sent me this picture of Damon for halloween:

DAmonasdarth103108.jpg

and this is Mike, in 1980, on Guam...I had made the costume...he was SO happy...

darthmike.jpg

• Members

Kathy,

Great photos of Tavian and the other boys. They look like they

were haveing so much fun, by the look on their dear faces.

Bless these little guys.

Daveysmom,   sherry

• Members

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

DANNY   PALLICK !

MAY YOUR LIGHT ALWAYS SHINE DOWN AND WARM

THE HEARTS OF ALL WHO LOVE YOU.

• Members

[align=center][scroll=left]:)HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANNY:)[/scroll][/align]

[align=center]supermancake.jpg

[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Let your family, and especially your sweet mom, know you are near!![/align]

[align=center]All of our angels together, celebrating Danny's birthday, the celestial music is coming through the clouds to our ears! :D[/align]

[align=center]love and peace,   carol  mikesmomrs[/align]

[align=center] [/align]

[align=center] [/align]

• Members

Amanda:  thank you for sharing your great pumpkin, and most of all, your wonderful, incredible hulk!  He looks so scary!  I hope he had fun!

love and peace,  carol  mikesmomrs

• Members

Mammabets - Thinking of you today on Danny's Day. Danny - fly high Superman....

[align=center]HAPPY BIRTHDAY[/align]

[align=center]DANNY![/align]

post-17130-128153890313_thumb.jpg

• Members

Happy Birthday Danny!! 

Kathy, the pictures are great and he does look so much like Jessica. 

• Members

Happy Birthday Dan the Superman!!!!

Dan, we think your Mom is pretty super, too!

Hope our kids are partying super together!

Love the Hulk-what a great picture thank you for sharing him!

Carol, how similar the 2 pictures of Damon and Mike are. That is really neat. Glad you are ready and wish you great strength in your move.  That is such tiring work-emotionally and physically.

Kathy

Tavian is getting so tall and concur with everyone-he looks sooo much like Jessica. He is very handsome and looks full of life.

Dee

Still praying for Michael and all of you.

Hugs,

Kay

• Members
heartbeataway

[align=center]HAPPY BIRTHDAY[/align] [align=center]DANNY![/align][align=center]May the spirit of this child that lives so deep within your heart bring you comfort and sweet memories.

[/align]

• Members
heartbeataway

Amanda,

Great pumpkin ........ scary!  It's funny how the incredible hulk has made a come back.  Our Jason loved the incredible hulk when he was young.

Bonnie

• Members

Happy Birthday Dan, one day late. I hope that you were able to convey your super-love to your Momma. She carries on your duties here on Earth. Spreading love and hope for everyone, just as you did. Bless you.

Happy November All,

I loved all of the photos, thanks so much. One day, when I find a really great photo of Eri as a table for Halloween, I will send it. Hilarious, especially watching her try to manipulate the steps of all of the homes. She adored Halloween, but like Mike, she did love all holidays. Her last Halloween she dressed as Christina Aguilar, when she was in her 'ripped fishnet and toomuch clevage stage phase' and many of her friends did not know who she was supposed to be. I laughed so hard, there is Eri with brunette dreads and kind of gothic clothing-

Guys, just got a tearful call from the hospital, seems Michael is in very bad shape, the cancer is back and it is raging. Oh the sadness, and his fear, I can feel his fear. I am going to the hospital in support of Jon though I know Michael does not want to see anyone but JOn. Prayers continued, and thanks.

Dee

• Members
heartbeataway

Dee,

Praying for Michael.  Sounds like he may be close to beginning his most sacred journey.

Praying strength for Jon .... so young to have experienced so much loss.

Prayers for you as you comfort both.

Bonnie

• Members

FOR ALL~ With soooo much love, and many thanks for Danny's birthday wishes...He turned 30 yesterday!! 30 years young, for all eternity~

He was due on, and born on Halloween!!! Can you imagine??

I love all of his SUPERDAN wishes!!! You are all such a special part of our family~ 

We planted orange tulips in the garden, sent balloons to him, and the blue one is in a tree in our backyard, waving so magically~

He is so celebrated..An old, yet very special, girlfriend of his found a picture of him in her bible...xoxo

DEE~ My prayers to you...Please keep us all posted here, and know that we are all thinking of you~xo

And for our little trick or treaters?? Too, too cute!!

Can we get over how much this precious Tavian looks like his Mommy?? The orb is sooooo neat, Kathy!! I am so happy that you made some special memories... Jess is with you always~

LOVE

mamabets

post-12239-128153890314_thumb.gif

• Members

Oh, Dee, I am just taking a small break from the madness here today (though everything is going smoother than I expected!) and dropping in to let you know that we will be praying for Jon and Michael also, and you...this is a difficult time...I remember it so well.  I know how helpless you feel, and Jon, also.  I know he wants to reach out and make his dad well again.  My heart aches for all of you. 

love and peace, carol  mikesmomrs

Yes I can imagine Eri in her dreadlocks and goth look...Mike, Mike, all over! 

• Members

For johnnysmomma~ You are so dear, Kay~ Know that all of our angels are celebrating, still..

Jackie and her hubby and the kids live in Wisconsin~ The kids best friend, Heather from Tampa went up for the weekend and had made reservations at a horse farm "Dan Patch Stables" in Lake Geneva, to go on horse rides today~

Our new kitty's name is PATCHES...

They get there and Heather's horse's name is DANNY!!!!!

Jackie's was BENNY~ They call their dog, Bennett, that~

And Julia got to ride on DUKE~We live in North Carolina~ Duke University is here!!

I will post a picture when I get one of them all together!! Below is a pic of the sign!!

LOVE

mamabets

post-12239-128153890315_thumb.jpg

• Members

Dee - thoughts, prayers, strengths and energies to you, Michael and Jon

Trudi

• Members

Thanks Everyone, for your love and prayers, I sure wish Michael was able to visit this place over the last five years, perhaps he would have felt his heart heal some and who knows?

He is very ill, his cancer is back with great strength and speed. There are hopes on Jonathan's part and on Michaels that he is able to get into a trial at some hospital somewhere. My husband John, spent about 6 hours researching the trials going on around the country for luekemia relapse. There are many but each have certain criteria, and until we get to Monday and his doctor figures things out, we won't know much. I keep thinking he is going to go before then, and in many ways it is what i wish. I can't stand the thought of his fear, which is huge, and his pain which is debilitating. Jonathan is wanting to find a miracle of course, and perhaps there is one out there, but I think that Michael may be too sick. Such sadness.

Accumulated ache and loss-

a giant bank from which there are no withdrawls.

only more deposits,

deposits mined from deep soul

remnants,

ash and salt.

Sleep deeply All, knowing that we are tucked in these days by our little ones. Tucked in with all the love and care of angels.

Carol, peace to you as you sleep in a new place. I know the move was bittersweet but I believe it will garner more sweet than bitter.

Peace

• Members

Dee - Exactly what is the type of luekemia Michael is fighting?  There are so many clinical trials world wide that are linked thought I might check with Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute here (worked there for a number of years).  They are treating a friend of ours who is 24 months post treatment for malignant myeloma - everyone else in his clinical trial group has since passed.  He has just relapsed and is now part of another clincial group.

I read your words, how true how true - My hope that that there is a clinical trial that may give Jon some precious time with his father.  Shy of that I pray that their time together bonds them heart and soul for future.  Eri isn't that far away I'm sure.

...................million miles away but so close in thoughts and prayers.

• Members

For ericasmom~ Dee, how very beautiful, that at this time your husband, John, is there with all of you, helping Michael and Jon.

Blended so beautifully~

PLEAE send him my love and tell him that he is an Earth angel too!!! Eri is right by each of your sides, and bowing her head in prayer, as she watches her WHOLE FAMILY try to cope with the cruelties of life~

All of our angels are standing tall with her~

LOVE

mamabets

• Members

I only have a brief moment while taking a break from our move but I wanted to send well wishes to everybody.

Sorry for lifes struggles and fighting such a dreadful disease. Its never easy watching anybody suffer thru such an ordeal. Love and peace. Good luck on finding a clinic that may help. Never give up. Thoughts and prayers to all.

• Members
heartbeataway

I couldn't open this on my Mac........ what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

• Members

It's for windows media player I don't know if the mac has anything that works

• Members
heartbeataway

Greg,

Watched it on my husbands computer.  He enjoyed it also. Very touching!

He asked how old Brian was when he had the accident and I don't remember.

Thank you for sharing the video.  The song does say it all .........

Bonnie

• Members

Greg

What a beautiful boy. His smile-always there, always huge. He did so much! I still can't get over how his daughter looks exactly like him-I enjoyed all his younger years pics to compare to hers. The song was perfect. Awesome video. Thank you for sharing it with us. So special.

Take care,

Kay

• Members

Hi Everyone,

Today Jonathan had friends surround him at his house while his uncle sat at the hospital with his Pops. It may be that tonight or tomorrow, the ambulance will take Michael to NORTHWESTERN University Hospital where there is a trial they could possibly get him into. He is very ill however, but apparently right now this is the plan. It does Jonathan good to see a plan, to know that he is trying all he can. My husband found this trial along with others all over the world and this one is in Evanston at a very respected hospital, research is a specialty. Michael has AML, which is known for its ability to just come back. Thanks Trudi, if you find anything I am all ears/eyes.

I agree Mamabetts, it is lovely to have a husband that drops everything to research possibilities for a man I once was married to. He fully understands the love I have for Michael, and respects the family we have with JOn, with Eri. John and JOnathan are very close and I am so pleased that they connect so well. I will tell him what you said, he will smile.

Hope everyone is well today, this first day of dark late afternoons. I took a long walk, spoke to ERi among the brilliantly colored leaves and prayed some more.

Good sleep and dreams,

PS Lynn, forgot to wish you a great move, I know it must have been emotional, even under the best conditions it is, so I wish you strength and a glass of wine.

Dee

• Members

Greg, that was lovely, I am crying. Watching the progression of age is hard for me, because it seemed to happen so quickly. HOw did they grow so fast?

He is always smiling that beautiful smile on you, on his family and friends.

God Bless,

Dee

• Members
tanmanmymagicman

Oh what a tear jeker; I am thinking the whole time how can so many people lose such wonderful children; YOUR son; what a loss;  My heart does so much more than keeps me alive ; I feel with it ; it actually radiates with sadness for your family and loss; Losing my Tanner has changed our lives forever;  Bless you today;  So sorry you lost your son;  I am finding the only way to get passed the intense pain in to just feel it everyday; some days harder than others;

Bless your family; Cindy Houk, Tanner Houks mom forever; 11/1190-8/2007;

mem.com; to see Tannner and our family

• Members

Briansdad,

The video is beautiful. Looks like he was quite the fisherman. Thanks for sharing.

I haven't wrote in a while everything has been crazy here. Looks like I will be joining a lot of you with the moving! We bought our first house and we close on it this week so time to start packing! I hate to leave the house I spent my whole pregnancy in but at the same time hope that this move will help with the moving on.  Hope everyone has a great day!

Amanda

• Members

OUR COUNTRY NEEDS PRAYERS...PRAY TODAY FOR A GOOD TURN OUT AT THE POLLS..

WE ALL NEED PRAYERS ON THIS PAGE...PRAY WE ALL MAKE IT THROUGH THE DAY...

I NEED PRAYERS TODAY IS THE DAY WE FOUND OUT KOURTNEY HAD A "BLOCKAGE OF SOME SORT" NOT YET KNOWNING IT WAS A TUMOR...IM GOING TO HAVE A RUFFFFFF NEXT FEW WEEKS...

WITH GODS HELP AND GODS HAND WE WILL ALL MAKE IT

• Members
heartbeataway

Lorri,

As I'm praying for Michael's health and his families strenghth, I will pray that the next weeks are kind to you and that the good memories of your daughter will out weigh the sad.

Time will soften the pain.

Bonnie

• Members

Thank you so much! It's nice to have all of you to share this exciting experience with. I'm buying my first house at the age of 23!!! I'm married to the greatest man ever, I have a beautiful 4 year old son and the most beautiful guardian angel! I'm happy to say that i'm doing great and feel like I have taken not a step forward but a giant leap!

Amanda

• Members

I just went to your web site on my space it is beautiful and it brought tears to my eyes. It makes me glad I had twenty five years with my daughter and then lose her instead of losing her like you did your little boy. I feel so bad for you. You have my prayers and condolences for your loss.

Deb

• Members
daniellesbrother

Hi I was wondering if any of you would be willing to answer some questions regarding the passing of your child. My name is James Wrenn and I am writing a paper on the emotional effects of loosing an adult child on their parents. A little over a year ago my sister Danielle passed away in a car accident. That is why I have chosen to write this paper. I fell there is a story locked inside anyone who felt this kind of loss that need to be expressed if any of you are willing to answer my questions please reply. I only ask for he information you are comfortable with providing.

• Members

Thank you so much Deb. It is definitely hard but at the same time to have so many memories to look back on and so many things that remind you of your child when they were around for so long has to be tough. But we are strong and will get through this together in our own ways. Hope you are doing well. Thanks for visiting my page.

Amanda

www.myspace.com/dedicatedtoourangelbabies

• Members

Hello everyone my son James is writing a paper on loss of of adult child and has posted under Question as Danielle's brother. If you have a few extra minutes if you could help him out.

Sonya (Danielle's Mom)

• Members

James - I will definitely try to help you with your paper. You can e-mail me at

bubbavw@optonline.net  and I will do my best.

Hello - to all and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DANNY!!!   Have been under the weather these past few days so haven't been able to post. Am at work so will write and post a few more pics tonight - Peace Kathy

• Members

I would be more than happy to help if I am able. God bless you in your loss.

Dee

• Members

Oh, James, my email is dconmy3@yahoo.com

You are doing the work of angels and I bet your Sis is smiling on you.

Dee