Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

What positive can you list today?

KayC

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Gator M said:

I manged to clean the pool.

I gave that up long ago so my pool is basically a big pond. Now I have this seriously obnoxiously loud choir of frogs in my back yard every summer who are so happy that I did. I kinda like it tbh but not sure how the neighbors feel. I mean they are LOUD! 

• Hugs 2

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KayC

• widower2

• RichS

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Sar123 said:

time for a diaper change

Which is when you hand them back to the parents. :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
8 hours ago, Gator M said:

believe this is Biblical

This is climate changes and it's due to human activities...

• Like 3

• Members

I have been taking care of my grandson all day for the past 3 days.  ( He came home from daycare on Friday with a fever and rash.)  My positives are that he seems to have recovered and will go to daycare tomorrow and I don't seem to have caught it. Hurray!

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Ankle still hurts, compression socks and icing/elevating it. Praying it doesn't go to evacuations until this heals up some! Day 5.

Talked to my daughter yesterday, that's a positive....then last nightt got a message her BF is in Pierre So. Dakota, top floor of hotel and a tornado siren went off...we're freaking out, no word since, waiting to hear something, left phone on all night...will let you all know when I learn something, this guy is so special...

It kind of throws things into perspective.

Jazzy & Iris going to friend's beach house for nine days, leaving this morning, Kodie will miss her a lot, she'll have fun though.  Iris wanting to get her voice back, she worked outside day before last in the smoke without a mask...

• Hugs 2

• Members

My daughter and boyfriend are in Maine for a vacation, and he plans to propose on Friday.  I hired a photographer.  Can't wait.  

Since my son has done so well at the cottage I am throwing him a 30th birthday party next month at a restaurant on the water near there.

Expensive, but I think husband would approve.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Hoping you have a great time with it, @@DMB!

He made it through, so thankful!  My positive today.

I think my ankle has a stretched or torn tendon, it feels the same as when that happened years ago. They can take quite a while to heal, if stretched, they don't do anything butt give it time, if torn, surgery. So waiting to see...

Kodie got to play with Jazzy before they left, they had a lot of fun.

• Hugs 1

• Members

Kay:  Yes, echoing Gator's remark................we hope and pray that your ankle is nothing too serious and that you don't have to evacuate...............

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

I went on CalTopo yesterday and measured the distance, don't know how I did it but it came up, ten miles, that made me feel better, last year's was 1/2 mile at the end, but we are at the beginning not the ending. Smoke is bad, nothing like last year, but I hate watching this develop again.

So glad Finley made it through the storm, now his truck's radiator is leaking, he can't drive back to Oregon like that, I want to talk to him, today is his birthday. Something about his bank account or card messed up. When it rains it pours. If II can help him in any way...

Trying really hard to focus on what is good, the last 2-3 weeks have had daily challenges...icing/elevating foot as much as possible.

Positive right now is we are not in evacuation...compression socks help but I still feel pain.

• Sad 1

• Members

I changed the pharmacy where I receive one of my subscriptions. The result: I’m going to save $40.00 a month. And no, I didn’t have to switch to generics.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

I meant prescriptions, not subscriptions. I haven’t had my coffee yet.

By the way, thank you Kay for starting this thread. It reminds us that even in our grief, we have some things that make us smile on any given day.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Today I was able to help someone out that is broke and no food, Kodie and I drove down to where she lived, and also spent 15 min. walking Kodie at the park, drove home and elevated/iced my foot again. Sometimes helping someone is just what we need to get our minds off ourselves and our own problems.

• Like 3

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, KayC said:

I feel I haven't been any use to anyone lately...

Blasphemer! Memorize twenty verses by noon tomorrow as your penance. ;)  

• Haha 3

• Members
1 hour ago, KayC said:

I feel I haven't been any use to anyone lately...

Kay:  I think the smoke is getting to you. Ask your neighbor Iris if she agrees with you.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, RichS said:

Ask your neighbor Iris if she agrees with you.

She's gone to the beach for a few days. She gave Kodie permission to play at their place, so while I was cleaning up in there (she had broken glass all over and dishes to put away), he was outside playing, but he let me know he wasn't interested if Jazzy wasn't there. :(

• Moderators

Went by Iris' yesterday to water her plants, took over 1/2 hour, she has a lot, she'd given me this tiny pitcher, I'd still be there doing it if I used that!  I used the hose on the huge planters and the dog's water bucket on the rest.  Will do again on Tuesday.  Won't take Kodie there today.  II know it hurts him to see them gone.

My positive for today is Jake is Jake picked up my car parts yesterday and is installing them today.

Did way too much yesterday, it like to have killed me. I made the most wonderful ham soup yesterday, gave some scraps to Kodie, THEN remembered my sister's dog got into their Christmas ham (much bigger dog than Kodie) and DIED (pancreatitis) in spite of having surgery. It freaked me out, I called the vet ER and they said if he vomits or gets diarrhea to get him in quickly...up here it's never quick, you have 1 1/4 hour drive to one on a good day!  Ankle be damned (I remember from Arlie "walking promotes digestion") I walked Kodie, 1/2 walk was all I could muster but took him out twice, he pooped normal stool, never vomited.  I'll never give him ham again!  Huge positive for yesterday!

• Members

Don't offer Jake any ham.........................until he finishes installing your car parts......:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, KayC said:

I made the most wonderful ham soup yesterday, gave some scraps to Kodie, THEN remembered my sister's dog got into their Christmas ham (much bigger dog than Kodie) and DIED (pancreatitis) in spite of having surgery. 

That bears repeating...and we learned this the hard way btw so I don't mean to preach, but NEVER give a dog ham, it can be very harmful or even fatal (some breeds more so than others). We gave her dog this huge ham bone that was actually sold and advertised for dogs, had hardly any meat on it and he nearly died. Anyway - 

My small positive is the heat isn't expected to be quite so bad today and going to a winery with a couple of friends. I was going to do a "meetup" thing but there's been some drama there lately so passed on that

• Like 2

• Members
31 minutes ago, widower2 said:

I was going to do a "meetup" thing but there's been some drama there lately so passed on that

These days, that is something I avoid like walking through a bad neighborhood.

• Like 2

• Members

In the great words of Gator M:  “we will get through this.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Jake got my car done, I can't get on my knees to look under it, but I felt under both parts.  ;)

Believe me, widower, I learned my lesson!  So thankful Kodie didn't vomit or have diarrhea!   Although my foot hurts a lot today from walking him yesterday.  Did the same today. Will try to go to the doctor tomorrow, today it's the left side of my foot that's hurting...killed my thoughts on it, decided I need a doctor's opinion.

11 hours ago, KayC said:

I'll never give him ham again! 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Another positive today: I took Kodie to church with me, he wanted to go, normally I don't on Sun. morning as I'm on the platform, he was an angel. He laid down and was really good.  So proud of him, I took him to the park afterwards, it's very smokey today but we were there about 20 minutes. Air is 215, purple.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Members
6 minutes ago, shawnt said:

reminded me what it felt like to be alive and needed.

AND YOU STILL ARE IN BOTH CASES.......................

• Like 2

• Members

I spent the weekend with both my boys and their families. My 2 DILs share the same birthday, July 29.  It was fun to celebrate together. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, shawnt said:

Held and fed a chubby baby today, reminded me what it felt like to be alive and needed.

How special!  

5 hours ago, Gail 8588 said:

My 2 DILs share the same birthday, July 29. 

How fun!  What a coincidence!

• Like 1

• Members

The positive last week was that in the middle of terrible storms, we had good weather the day after the storms just in time to enjoy the  Bruce Springsteen concert in Monza....i love his music and songs! The last time i saw him in concert i was with Giorgio💕https://www.today.it/media/musica/bruce-springsteen-video-concerto.html

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Shawnt fun and emotions! His songs are so meaningful...and this time he had to say something so important that it was translate in the language of the country he was in European tour....something about death!

• Like 2

• Moderators

Iris called me a few minutes ago, that meant a lot.  I talked to my friend Lynda last night, she fell off a bicycle and injured her hip, and couldn't talk when I called (Laryngitis), she's going to the doctor tomorrow, I wish her husband had taken her in ER, she did it Saturday.  Her doctor is in Eugene so it's a trip in, just wish...

• Hugs 1

• Members
14 minutes ago, KayC said:

Iris called me a few minutes ago, that meant a lot.

Keeping in touch with family and friends means a lot to me these days as well. Sometimes you need quiet time by yourself. Other times you need to speak to a familiar voice (and even better when you can meet them in person).

• Like 3

• Moderators

Keep coming here, Gator, we're listening...I know, not the same as in person, but still, we're here.

Took Kodie to Jazzy's while I water her tons of plants, he sniffed around a bit, and then was ready to go, not the same without his friend. Four more days until she's back. I'll take him down there no matter what time it is..

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

My positive today: We made it through our whole walk!

Returning compression socks (piece of garbage) and ordered silver infused ones, here's hoping...

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Went to Iris' and watered all her plants again (she has a LOT of them! Takes 1/2 hour.  Not helping my foot any...made it home, yay!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Today is our weekly grocery shopping adventure. Most weeks as I drive away from the grocery store, I remind myself of how fortunate my family is to be able to afford groceries each and every week.

Ironically, this week my church is collecting food and monetary donations to help a local food bank. They often do this when their supplies start to run low. A tip of the cap to those on this board who are doing the same for their friends and neighbors.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Foot's a little sore but we made our whole walk again! Will find out what doctor says later today...

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Again following the conversations but don't have time to reply/like as I'd prefer but glad to see whatever positives folks are getting day to day - every little bit counts!  :) 

I guess my little plus is the #$#^ groundhog hasn't dug any new holes in a few days but I think still living/hiding under the English ivy near my little pond in the back yard - I bought some rodent repellant, so we'll see if that helps. I also have a mole issue so using it for that too. I love animals but wow I'm sick of these guys.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, widower2 said:

the #$#^ groundhog hasn't dug any new holes in a few days

We'll take it!  :D

I had an afternoon/evening from hell yesterday, BP 210/? and 190/110, yet they did nothing about it...but I have two pluses:

When I got out of Urgent Care, Kodie kissed and kissed me, like he knew I needed that (I did).  As for my foot, I know no more than I did before going to the doctor or Urgent Care, it'll cost me a fortune for having tried, and all I have come to me is "Patient, heal thyself."  I will.  I will continue doing what I've been doing, and however long it takes, it takes.

The other positive is we had a beautiful full moon last night.  Someone on FB reminded me, so that was a positive ending to the day.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Yesterday in North Carolina was a summer day with lower humidity and lower temperatures. I’ll take it!!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, KayC said:

The other positive is we had a beautiful full moon last night.  Someone on FB reminded me, so that was a positive ending to the day.

Yes the moon has been this slightly amber color, so cool. I read that it's at its closest to us now which is part of it. Also there's a meteor shower coming up in a week or two!

• Like 3

• Members

Kay that's really high BP.  Take a low dose aspirin every day for awhile until it's down. You  don't want a stroke.

(I am not a doctor - this is just what I would do.)

• Like 4

• Members
10 hours ago, widower2 said:

groundhog hasn't dug any new holes in a few days but I think still living/hiding under the English ivy near my little pond in the back yard

I heard that Joe Burroughs and Duggahole Mole built a time share near the coast (pond). At least they moved from the fence in your back yard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2