Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

What positive can you list today?

KayC

• Moderators

Air quality went from 36 to 350. It's bad, my throat is sore. Worried about the hot spot I found NE of Salmon Fire. Bedrock is bad, 3 level 3 evacuations in that area.

It was 107 here today, not predicted so hot.  We're miserable. Want something good to say, I guess it's that we haven't caught on fire or evacuated yet.

Iris doesn't want to go through radiation, she's back and forth about w/o Mike here.  I can't blame here but if she'd bear up another the four weeks she could live a long time.  Only she can decide and it's kind of early. I pointed out that cancer is a helluva way to go, it can be a arduous journey...as my MIL learned...they sent her home for two weeks, she lasted three years, bedridden.

• Sad 4
  • Hugs 1

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KayC

• widower2

• RichS

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Until they up our evac. level, there's nothing to do. My heart goes out to Panther...he just got his voice back a month ago.  It's so unfair that we're going through this again, and so many have left their homes...I hope and pray they all get to come back to them.  My heart is struck with the people in HI.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Sorry to hear this! #@$ it, where's a nice summer shower when you need it???

• Like 2

• Moderators

AQI is 552 today, 870 yesterday, expected to worsen...I fell asleep at 6 last night after only four hours sleep the night before with the abrupt "EVACUATION 3 GO NOW! DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING, GO!" I got at 11, ending my sleep for the night.  I was woke up last night at 8...Iris suddenly decided to go to the coast and called to say she was there (my SIL I blocked beeping in!)  She's changing her mind about radiation, not sure she wants to live w/o Mike...reminded her one month of that to grant her a full life, she may not feel it now but on down the road she could feel differently.  And cancer is a helluva way to go, ask my MIL that went through it for three years before dying.  She was 59 when she started that journey.  Took phone off hook after and slept ten hours, so I guess that's my positive!  I somehow made it through last summer and the year before, I'll make it through this too...I hope.  Just have to figure out how/when to walk Kodie and water Iris' plants and bring her mail in.  Poor Panther, my heart goes out to him in this, hoping he finds his way under the house or in the attic and that it's better.  Poor baby.  Two more months of summer...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

I have lots of positives. My 2 boys, with their families are at the Gulf coast beach with me.  Weather has been great, though very hot.  Everyone has been  cooking great food. The kids are wrinkled fish from spending so much time in the pool.  The 5 adults played 500 rummy until midnight last night having a rollicking good time. I think every one of us had the lead and had the low score at some time during the game. Lots of laughter. 

The Gulf has been calm and not too hot, but the little kids prefer the pool.  Stargazing has been great. We've seen shooting stars every night!

I'm drinking from my saucer, as my cup overflows. (My mom used to always say that.)

• Like 4

• Members

Took my uncle to Duke Eye Center and they fitted him with 3x power special lenses. This will help him to see letters and numbers on a TV screen; which he hasn't been able to do up to now (it's been frustrating for him). Hopefully, these new glasses will make a difference in his quality of life. He watches a lot of TV.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Good luck - !

My small positive is although not gone, the groundhog hasn't created any damage lately!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

I seem to say this about a lot of things now, but I can't tell you the last time I had chili. Years.

I also haven't watched Puss n Boots but heard good things. I liked Shrek so will check out. :)   

• Like 1

• Members

I am in vacation in Venice...great time! Good food, wonderful city, sea and sun, lot of art expositions...the things i did for years with him! The only who missing is him....sometimes in the day i stand and think of him here with me with a little sadness and sometimes laughing remember funny moments...God bless him for all the laughs we had together !

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Annie, sounds like a perfect evening with a friend!  And Roxeanne, I agree, all those remembered shared moments!
T&L predicted tomorrow and tomorrow night, praying no more lightning! That's what started all these fires.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
2 hours ago, Gator M said:

I'm not there yet.  As soon as I experience something nice my mind goes to...I wish Ann could: Do, Feel, See...THIS.

There are MANY of us standing in the same line right there with you; wishing our partners were there to share special moments with us. You are not alone, that's for sure. We often experience this "bargaining" stage of our grief journey.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
3 hours ago, Gator M said:

am glad some of y'all are having nice times...I'm not there yet. 

Gator i've lost my love 5 years ago...it's impossible for you be as me! I'm sorry...i was hesitant if talk about my nice days in Venezia on the forum...'cos i know that people in hard pain can suffer more! Remember: i was like you and i can live now! There is hope....

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Moderators
12 hours ago, KayC said:

T&L predicted tomorrow and tomorrow night, praying no more lightning! That's what started all these fires.

There better be some #$% rain along with the T&L!  

• Like 1

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, KayC said:

Just got the news that our evacuation is off! Haven't confirmed yet but will unpack when I do! Going to watch the grandkids next week. Will be exhausting but fun! Wish they didn't live so far away.

whoo hoooo!!!

• Haha 1

• Members
59 minutes ago, KayC said:

Just got the news that our evacuation is off! Haven't confirmed yet but will unpack when I do! Going to watch the grandkids next week. Will be exhausting but fun! Wish they didn't live so far away.

Great news!  So happy for you. 

• Hugs 1

• Moderators

Searched and searched to verify last night, couldn't.  This morning I was able to verify, no alerts sent to us, nothing, but they finally updated a couple of websites!  Will unpack today, it was tiresome living in suitcases but I will repack in a few days as I'm going to go take care of my grandkids Tuesday-Thursday, will be a long hard trip, exhausting, but it'll be fun being with my grandkids and will get to see my son in the evenings some (he always has work so there's that) and my granddoggies.

Kodie will have fun! Iris gets back with Jazzy Monday sometime, hoping the dogs can play before we are gone a few days more!  I would have gone with Iris if we weren't under evacuation, I didn't want to take a car full of briefcase/laptop/meds and everything I own in case someone decided to break in like they did Iris last summer.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Glad that's over. If it had 50 cents in it, I would have still been glad to have that loose end gone. I wouldn't be above writing the bank a nasty note either, but that's me. (PS I don't mean nasty like just throwing a pile of curse words at them, but pointing out how they make a simple thing ridiculously and unnecessarily harder, and shame on them as that's the last thing someone in mourning needs. ugh. OK I might include one curse word. :) )

• Like 4

• Members
30 minutes ago, widower2 said:

but pointing out how they make a simple thing ridiculously and unnecessarily harder

Which is why I don't work for corporate America, anymore. Logic and common sense are lacking there.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Gator, let Widower write them a letter on your behalf!  Turn it all loose, Widower, all your pent up energy for the moles... :D

• Haha 2

• Moderators

Sorry, I have too many other companies on my list already, you'll have to do your own handiwork ;)  

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Gator M said:

I chewed on the bank manger.

No one today has any common sense or discretion.

He could have pulled me into his office and told me 5 months ago.  I still needed the paperwork to close the account.  He never even said he was sorry about Ann's death.

Pretty disgusting. Glad you chewed on the idiot. It's been my experience that turning the other cheek with people like that just gives you bruised cheeks and they keep on being idiots. Sometimes people need a good kick. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Oh I don't think it's just today. Stupidity has been with us since mankind was born. Goodness knows I've seen plenty my entire life. And I'm old! 

• Like 2

• Moderators

When my sister's husband died, I drove her to the bank with his death certificate. Months later they still hadn't done what they were supposed to do. We called them (mind you she had dementia and I had to lead her every step of the way).  and they said they'd had to mail the certificate to their main office, and they lost it.  We had to take ANOTHER one in to them! (They didn't even reimburse for it).  It took forever.

Whereas when George died 18 years ago I took his death certificate in (same bank) and they handled it right away.  The times have changed.

Hurricane Hilary is supposed to hit Oregon the morning I leave.  Making me nervous. Will I have a home to come back to?  It's not as sturdy as other people's homes...will it affect my driving there?

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

I read where Hilary is supposed to get downgraded slightly as it moves from Mexico to California. Then it’s a matter of if it goes inland or stays in the Pacific. Have a safe, nice trip.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I had the hardest time finding out how Hilary would hit us here and also my friend in Ventura, finally found this map this morning...I will be driving to my son's when it hits. Not as concerned about the rain here (that'd be welcome) as I'm on a mountain with a downward slope, the the winds are concerning...looks like it misses us both.

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.1315308,-116.9213127,6z/data=!4m2!21m1!1s%2Fg%2F11v4synmbt?entry=ttu

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

My positive is that I am home again after a week at the beach.  We were not threatened by any tropical storms - a big positive. We had a lovely time, and it feels so nice to be home.

Gail

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

I'm glad you were spared, Gail.  Supposed to hit here Tuesday, my son thinks it won't hit here that it will dissipate...I know he's a genius and never steered me wrong, I'm trusting him on this...but...

• Like 3

• Members

I helped our friends (who don't drive) with a couple of errands today. One of the errands was dropping off some lamps and things at a local charity thrift store. On the way there I passed by a house; and sitting right by the curb were two small wicker chairs in really nice condition. I picked them up and loaded them into our van; which added to the donation to the thrift store.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

All the same, I think I'll wear them the next three days as I go to my son's...will be inside and outside and don't want to incapacitate myself while I'm there.  I can remove them again when home again...it's a long ways.

Annie, were you affected by Hurricane Hilary?

• Like 1

• Moderators

Going to take care of grandkids today...no sign of Hilary, not even rain, but the air today is 56, that's so much better than eight days ago's 780! 

Bedrock and Lookout fires reduced evacuations so people can come back home but stay packed.  I get a kick out of that, they say to keep your car loaded...okay, if you NEED the stuff, are you to run out to your car every time you need to brush your teeth?  And if you DON'T need it, why would you pack it?  Mine is packed but I don't put it into the car until I leave...but if they come in the middle of the night and say level 3, GO NOW! Like they did last year, I was lucky I had just packed up my car and was driving up my driveway when they came!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Another lovely day here in Florida. Hot, but no tropical storms threatening and I consider that a very definite positive at this point in hurricane season.

Cleaning my gutters out today, to help in future storms.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2