Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

What positive can you list today?

KayC

• Moderators
On 9/4/2023 at 1:04 PM, foreverhis said:

I still feel closest to everything when I'm out there

I have a book "Sacred Pathways"  by Gary Thomas and when I read it is when it really hit home to me, I find God in nature.  Some do in nature, some in liturgy, and there's nine in all, I just don't remember what they are.

In perusing my bookcase, I think it may have been called Sacred Pathways (Gary Thomas) and I remembered it wrong.  In it, one of the first mentioned was nature...

• Like 2

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KayC

• widower2

• RichS

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

In light of the fires we had on every side, this is the first time I have seen this ANY time of year!

air.JPG

• Members

@KayC  Thank you, Kay.  I will see if I can find that book at the library or for download through one of the library apps.  I always feel best about faith when people allow others to find it where they can.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, KayC said:

In light of the fires we had on every side, this is the first time I have seen this ANY time of year!

air.JPG

I'm not sure how to translate this but I'm guessing it's a good thing.  :)  

• Like 1

• Members
17 hours ago, RichS said:

Also, my grief has been toned down the last several days. I wondered why, then it hit me: My sciatica pain is distracting me.

Yeah, same for me with car problem.  I am noticing that losing my husband has certainly brought out my "inner miser."  Probably genetically encoded over a million years or so.   Trying to choose a replacement car has also really made my question of identity kick in too;  who am I?  what kind of car?  Miata!!!!   hahahahaha.

I got a big kick this morning, out of reading the lyrics to "Little Old Lady from Pasadena," then watching a couple videos.   :)

• Moderators

I woke up this morning, my PC did not.  It was over 16 years old, I bought it over 14 years ago, I loved it . I finally got my laptop caught up, I hadn't backed up for over two weeks.

My positive is I DID catch it up two weeks ago when I was leaving to go to my son's.  I'd be in a world of hurt otherwise.

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, foreverhis said:

@KayC  Thank you, Kay.  I will see if I can find that book at the library or for download through one of the library apps.  I always feel best about faith when people allow others to find it where they can.

I have the hard copy, it's on Amazon and Thrift.

8 hours ago, widower2 said:

I'm not sure how to translate this but I'm guessing it's a good thing.  :)  

It's excellent!  Air quality can't get any better than zero!

• Like 3

• Moderators

Could not get printer to install, Microsoft sicked OneDrivedNow on me, took my $ but didn't help.  I'm about paperless as it is so maybe I'll just go without one.  I have a perfectly good one if I could install it, but no CD drive.  May file dispute with credit card on OneDriveNow, haven't decided.  Sometimes you have to pick your battles.  

I learned a lot yesterday, I guess that's good. Got my budget caught up in Excel and learned about this newer version.  Not sure why they  changed what wasn't broke.  

I told myself at the end of the day, I still have Kodie, have to remind myself it's just a piece of hardware, not a being.  And am so thankful for him and Panther.

• Hugs 2

• Members

Ah, the techies. Just when you get used to their numbered version of _________, they gleefully announce another update. Let me know if you have questions about Excel. I’ve worked with it for many years.

• Like 2

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, RichS said:

Let me know if you have questions about Excel. I’ve worked with it for many years.

Thanks, I have too, just not this version. If I can't figure out something, you're the man! :D

I had given up on the printer yesterday after trying to no fruition.  Today I prayed about it and lo and behold, there it was in my printer file and I printed something!  I am amazed!   God is good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Ouch on the PC. That's a long time to have one though; you def got your money out of it! 

Eventually I'll buy a new one but I've no interest in Windows 11; I'll get it with Win 7 or worst case Win 10 Pro (or install myself if necessary).

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Definitely, but I'd hoped for  lifelong relationship with it!  To me it was more than just a  device, it was a partnership.

• Haha 1

• Members

Survived grocery shopping today. My son helped me a lot. Tomorrow I go to the physical therapist so they can do a french braid on my leg. Maybe it will help. :)

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

My positive is Iris is having me over for dinner tonight...tomorrow she starts her radiation, five days a week for four weeks.  I hope it's not  as bad as the chemo was.  That was horrid.  Radiation killed my dad but they did it all over his back, hers is targeted.

• Hugs 1
  • Angel Wings 1

• Members
55 minutes ago, KayC said:

Okay, what is a french braid on your leg?  I thought it a hair style!

I stand corrected. 😏  I thought about this after I posted and remembered that a French Braid requires TWO PIECES of hair to be weaved together. Since I only have a left leg problem, that won't work. One thing is for sure. They'll have me doing something named after a town in your state (BEND). :)

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, RichS said:

I stand corrected. 😏  I thought about this after I posted and remembered that a French Braid requires TWO PIECES of hair to be weaved together. Since I only have a left leg problem, that won't work. One thing is for sure. They'll have me doing something named after a town in your state (BEND). :)

Haha, that's where I was born!  Never lived there, born on a deer hunting trip!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Members
2 hours ago, KayC said:

Never lived there, born on a deer hunting trip!

OK------if you don't mind I'll bet a lot of us on this board would be interested in hearing that story.

• Like 2

• Members
5 minutes ago, KayC said:

I can still be there for Iris by taking care of Jazzy at her place, hand or no hand...I wish I could clean her kitchen and do her dishes.  She asked a neighbor to pick up her Rxs but if she can't I will drive down and get them. I can't imagine all she has on her plate and if I can help with Jazzy in any way, I will, yesterday I skipped Bible Study to go over there. Sometimes we have to prioritize.

Let Jazzy out of his cage and let the dog run around a little.

Secondly, I used to tell this to my mother-in-law:  If you don't make it to heaven, we are all in trouble!

• Like 2

• Members

My positive is that I made it another week.  I worked from home today due to a murder convict escaping from the local prison where he was waiting to be transferred.  You may have seen it, my little old town on national news.  Anyway, there was police activity on the road where my office is, so I thought, I'll stay out of their way.  Hoping this comes to a conclusion soon.  It's been an unsettling 9 days, soon to be 10.  

Couple of pics, one from niece on her street, and one from my son who was bailing on a dairy farm.

vans.jpg

tractor (2).PNG

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Going to a winery with a few friends tomorrow (Sat). There are worse ways to spend a few hours on a weekend. :)  And finally the weather won't be insanely hot/humid!

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Okay, I get it.  I don't' have Netflix so can't watch it.  And trust me, all we have here is slow speed and Spectrum, and I get why Spectrum doesn't have a contract because that way they can break their word whenever they want!    Can and does.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Wow I haven't been to a DQ in decades. Miss those simple summer kinda things.

My tiny positive is football is back in full force and on Sat, Alabama lost :) A lot of good, close games on Sat. Now I have a fallback on Sat and Sun if nothing else is going on. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

My little sister and her husband took my grandkids out and I had to laugh as Dana posted pictures of Vincent climbing on EVERYTHING, he made a whole post of this collection of pictures, it was really funny!  New nickname: Little Monkey.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Did score keeping for two senior softball games this morning. First game had a moment of silence and a prayer for all the victims of 911. I thanked a player on one of the teams who is a retired New York City fireman. Told him I was glad that he came out of that ordeal alive.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

I posted on FB this morning, my daughter's friend's bdy (his name was Jorma, he was a twin) was 911, between that and the World Trade Center, it's a tough day of remembrance. 
I made this card before all this happened...

image.png

image.jpeg

• Like 3

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, widower2 said:

I forgot to ask, are the stupid bees gone?

Yes, for the most part.

• Like 4

• Members

Survived sciatica grocery shopping with the help of my son and uncle. GOING TO GET MY MRI TONIGHT. Best news I've had all week!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Praying you get some answers that will help you!  Let us know what you find out and what they can do for you!

• Like 2

• Moderators

I'm positive sciatica issues suck. ;)  Knock on wood mine hasn't been bad lately, but we had a bunch of in-person meetings yesterday and today at work and almost all of the chairs had no cushioning. Back is not happy right now (but not too bad). On the plus side, it was good to see some people who normally I only see online in a mtg. 

• Hugs 1

• Members
2 minutes ago, widower2 said:

almost all of the chairs had no cushioning. Back is not happy right now (but not too bad)

A certain pillow and chair have been my best friends over the past two weeks.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, RichS said:

A certain pillow and chair have been my best friends over the past two weeks.

I've had a cushion on my "office chair" for months.

• Hugs 1

• Moderators

96 here yesterday, predicted 88. Wonder if it'll reach 100 this weekend as they've underpredicted every day.  Didn't use A/C last night, had windows open, no smoke, yay!

The last 6 1/2 weeks I've only gotten groceries once, so will again tomorrow, taking Kodie into town with me and getting flu shot too.  

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1