Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members

Thats very generous of you Bonnie but this is something I want to be able to do. You know, homemade is from the heart kind of thing? Thank you for the offer but am willing to listen to any tips on how to make one. Im beginning to think its the type of ribbon that is making this so difficult for me. Yeah, thats it, it the ribbons fault ;)

Lynn

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

ribbon with tiny strands of wire on the edges is the bet way to make BIG bows.

hope that helps

• Members

Thats what Im using. Im not sure if my problem is too many fingers or not enough. I still thinks its the ribbons fault ;) . Thanks for trying tho Marcia

• Members

Good morning, snowy and windy morning.  Time to make the donuts, have a good day.

Betsy.mysonRich

• Members

LYNN ITS CUZ WERE TOOOO SMART TO DO IT..OUR BRAIN JUST CANT DO TRIVIAL THINGS LIKE THAT...WE ARE USE TO "LARGE THINGS"..ME MYSELF I CAN CHANGE OUT AN ENGINE FASTER THEN MAKING A BOW....LOL YA RIGHT...

JUST HANGING AROUND THE HOUSE TIL WE HAVE OUR "THINK FEST" AT KOURTNEYS KLOSET....(CANT CALL IT A MEETING , BUT WE CAN CALL IT A THINK FEST..

COLD HERE TOO..

• Members

Marcia, thanks so much for that, it is encouraging to know that what awaits him is beautiful. I picture my Boy, standing on a mountain surveying the world, being rejuvinated by the beauty, the majesty. But first my boy needs to get there safely, please God adn Eri and Michael, watch over this Young Man who Needs a bolt of goodness in his life, a way to keep him filled. He phoned at 9:30 last night to say he had entered Iowa, he phoned again this morning at around 6:30 to say that he just left Iowa. Had it been a normal weather day, he would have gone through the state in about 5 hours. So he is somewhere in Nebraska now, and eventually, will be in better driving conditions as the storm hit the more northern regions.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Lynn, so funny, I am quite sure it is the tape, the paper, and the ribbon when I can't do it.

Love,

dee

• Members

I know what ya mean Lorri. Im all fingers when it comes to crafts. Randy got home and had one made it 15 minutes. He can be such a show off :)

Bonnie, I missed the post last nite about Jay's visit to his friends. WOW! I hope they understand that Jason was just checking in on them and meant no harm what so ever to their son. That lil boy has an angel watching over him keeping him safe- what a feeling to have :)))))

Betsy, its extremely windy here today too. Good part is that when its time for me to walk home tonite that the wind will just carry me :) haha

Glad to see Michelle's smiling face :)

I agree Kathy; your choice to let Tavian think that is the right one. Ive never been in that position but I believe you did good. He needs good happy thoughts and now you know he has them.

Running late this morning as usual so I will check in with you all later.

Make it a GREAT DAY!

Lynn  aka Kayla's mom

• Members

Dee:  Just jumping on for a moment to say we are saying prayers for Jon for a safe journey, spirit-lifting fun, and a safe return home again. 

Bonnie:  I hope that your friends can eventually "read" Jason's visit as a comforting thing, that will not worry them.  Meantime, I hope that it comforts you. 

Snowing, icy, sleeting, cold, windy, all day today...curled up inside my house, staying warm. 

My brother sent this to me, and I hope I can upload it.  I hope it doesn't offend anyone...at first I was a little skeptical, but then I remembered that the Lord does want us to dance and sing his praise...we have a song at church with a line that is

"He is the Lord of the dance, is He."  Also "Make Joyful Noise Unto the Lord."   It is a very spirited, joyful song, and I hope those that view this can feel spirited and joyful...(at the end of the slow part, as the faster part begins, it may sound like something is wrong...just stick with it...)

th_amazinggracechristmaslightsMB.jpg

Love and peace,  carol  mikesmomrs 

• Members

Carol - Loved it.  Glad to hear the eye thingy is coming good.  Hope the eyeball settles.

Dee - Hope Jon makes it thru and has the best ever time snowboarding...

Bonnie - I have such and image of that face surrounded by light with the whitest wings just peeking over his shoulders.......

Youngest son has tentatively bought his first house.......They were due to leave their rental on the 15th Jan and looked like having to bunk down with family till they found something else.  Settlement date -  11th Jan, four days to spare.......Keep that good feeling happening pls......

Under the heading of 'its a guy thing'.

Our TV was apparently slowly but surely dying.  Lovely rainbow colours across the screen...I liked it.   Then the DVD player went on the fritz.  Hubby and I thought we would check out updating.    Between Plasma, LCD, LED, Blue Ray not to mention the guilt about the carbon foot print each leaves......I felt like I'd been sleeping for decades.  My head ached so I left the 'boys' to talk about the techno stuff.  SURPRISE - $3000 later we now have a super pooper LED 42" with Blue Ray.  I'll see if the local community house has a course on operating your new TV!!

Love hearing about the 6 - 10 inches of snow. We get a light dusting but never lived in it.......Sunny with showers here.  Muttley walked, peanut butter treat eaten...now snooooozzzinnggggg...

Peace & love to you all  :cool:

• Guests

Lorri - the poem is beautiful.  May I share it?

Carol - I shared the house of lights with the kids.  Kind of a Griswold kind of Christmas.  The kids wish our house looked like that.  Our neighbors are grateful it doesn't!

I once took a bow tying class.  Seriously.  Years ago.  Don't remember a thing.

Kathy - There is no way you can be defined as a bad mother to BJ.  You are choosing to support him, not his addiction.  It sounds like you have a strong sister, too.  Maybe between the two of you he just might "get it".  I'm hoping.  For all of your sakes.

Dee - keeping Jonathon in my prayers for safe travel.

Bonnie - I love the story of Jason's friend's baby seeing "Rich and Bonnie's ghost".  I needed that, right now.  Thank you for sharing. 

Trudi - I envy your weather right now!  It has been negative 5 all day and getting colder.  I moved to Wyoming from Las Vegas 27 yrs ago in the middle of February.  It was 45 above in Vegas...cold for Vegas.  And, it was 40 below when we arrived in Casper.  I've never been so cold!  I don't think I've warmed up yet.  LOL

Sending you all peace.  I know I've missed some names and I don't mean to miss anyone.  You all have come to mean so much to me.  It's four months today since Stephanie's physical presence was taken from us.  It's so surreal.  It seems like just yesterday and it seems like it's been years. 

Time is no longer my friend or my enemy. It's just time.

Today Gary and I have been married for three years.  He's been my best friend for 11 yrs before that.  We've been through so much together it seems like we've been married for 35 yrs.  And, yet, I still get that giddy, weak knee'd feeling when he looks at me with "that look" that I feel like a teenager again.

Again, sending love and peace to each of you.

Susannah/Stephanie's mom

• Members
4everjoeysmom

A friend of mine posted this earlier and I wanted to share with my beautiful friends here... It's Sarah McLaughlin and Carlos Santana doing Angel...

Hope you enjoy! Love & Hugs, ~Claudia

• Members

Y YES U CAN USE THE POEM I STOLE IT TO START WTH...JUST LOVE IT

• Members

Thank You Claudia and Carol for the beautiful music.  I loved  the music of Amazing Grace  and the  Video was fantastic.

In the Arms of an Angel  (Made me cry) and had such warmth.

Lorri   The poem was so very beautiful  Thanks

Bonnie I loved the story of the Jason's friends little boy .  I understand how hard going by  Jason's street and the Funeral Home is.  I have avoided that for over 2 years.

Trudi  Great Story about the TV and DVD.  When I heard that you had left  the decision up to the Guys  I really knew what would happen;) I did laugh out loud.  There really should be  classes for these things  because it has gotten very complicated

I hope all the Indigos are staying warm and safe.  

Betty

Stephen'smom;)

• Members

Hello Indigos

I am now posting from the Great White North!!!

13" of the heavy white stuff fell.  Schools cancelled.

I have to tell you about our crazy cat.  Our cat loves the snow???   Jumping, digging, playing king of the mountain (or snow-drift).

FUNNY

Colleen

• Members

That has to be the only cat who likes snow. Ive NEVER seen one yet hahaha thats so funny.

We have a new LCD tv also from xmas last year. Randy has his computer hooked up to it so not there are 3 remotes plus his keyboard and some other gadget. Needless to say if I want to watch tv I go into the bedroom or watch something on my laptop. I tried once to turn on the tv but got nowhere. He thinks its funny. I just let him enjoy having his laugh and do what I like to do. Obviously it isnt watching tv :)

We didnt get all the snow that the forecast said was coming but that wind is furoscious! Blustery cold. Pretty slick in places from the rain freezing. Looking for 13 degrees tonight. Time to bring out the flannel pjs. Randy came home last night and made the bow I was having so much difficulty with. Hoping to take it to Kayla this weekend. I must say, he did a very good job.

Time for me to clean out the fridge. Im so scared at what I may find in there. Good thing garbage day is tomorrow.

Have a wonderful evening and stay warm.

Lynn aka Kayla's mom with the red nose

• Members

Carol--- Betty---Thanks for your kind words. Carol, I love the video...just

beautiful. I have Amazing Grace on Davey's memorial page. Thanks again.

Colleen----Yikes!!  13 inches of snow!  Hope we don't get that here :).

Take care---stay warm.

Dee----Are you getting snow now??? We have high winds & icy rain/sleet

off & on. Keeping Jon in my prayers for a safe & happy trip to Colo. for his

snowboarding.

Kathy---I think that your "tough love" approach is the only way to go, although

I realize that it must be so very difficult. Your plan to just take care of B J's needs,

through stores etc. rather than sending cash is a good one. I will pray for you &

for BJ. Bless little Tav's heart. You did the right thing about not correcting his

timeline of when he last saw his wonderful mother, your dear Jessica. There's

no harm whatsoever with going along with his recollection. Peace & tranquility,

friend. 

Bonnie---Your Christmas Workshop for the benefit of foster children is so

worthwhile. So good of you to give your time & talents to it.

Lorrie----Thanks for the poem. It will be a beautiful tribute to your lovely Kourtney.

Claudia----Thanks for the video of Sarah M and Santana. Must admit that I could

not watch/listen to it all---tears ebbing closely---but it is an achingly beautiful song.

Take care all in the INDIGO FAMILY.....Peace be with you.

Davey&Lisasmom,  Sherry  

• Members

I THINK I ALREADY POSTED MAYBE JUST ON FB IDK..BUT MY LIL GREAT NEICE KOURTNEY SUE IS AT THE HOSP..THEY HAVE ADMITTED HER..SHE HAS PNUMONIA IN THE LOWER LOBE OF HER LUNG....PLZ PRAY FOR QUICK HEALING....

• Members

OH My Lorri  How upsetting!!!!!

Prayers on the way

Betty

Stephen'smom:)

• Members

to all Indigo's....

I would like to introduce you to my 2 reasons as to why I am so upset with my son, why I have decided to finally STOP being his enabler and pray that he will grow up, become dependent and be the man I know is inside of him.

Alexis is 7 and Barry III (we call him B3) are my son's children, my other babies. They live in Erie Pennsylvania with their mother, her name is Angel. They were together for a long time until she could no longer deal with his drug abuse, in and out of jail so she has moved on.  I have never mentioned them to you before becuz I have felt so ashamed of what they have been through because of my son's addiction.....I love them dearly and talk to them often and hope to visit them in the spring.  I am sorry that I have kept these two beautiful babies from all of you but I know that you will not hold it against me.   I feel as though I have been through a major change in my life these past couple of weeks....stronger, more capable of dealing with the people in my life, putting my needs before others in the sense that I have to do what is best for me, Tavian, Alexis, B3 and my husband. Doing the tough love with my son is a very big step for me but one that is necessary.   I am in tears right now so I will take a break and come back after Tavian is asleep.   I love you all and hope you understand.  Kathy

post-17871-128153896635_thumb.jpg

• Members
heartbeataway

Colleen,

I'm jealous of your winter wonderland.  We had these BIG, beautiful snowflakes last night that turned to rain, then to ice then back to rain.  Then the temps went into the 50's this afternoon so most of our snow is gone ...... sad but true!

Marcia,

I've always loved "Angel" ....... thanks for sharing.

Carol,

Amazing Grace how sweet the sound ........ loved it!

Trudi,

Get a Logitech controller for that amazing new system you've got.  Thank you for the vision of Jay watching over Connor with his glow and wings....... precious.

Lynn,

Glad you got the bow for Kayla!  Good luck with the frig! You guys need a Logitech controller too! :?  Operate all of your "gadgets" with one controller and it's easy to understand once programmed ..... magic! :)

Kathy,

Jessica ..... I'm saying her name...... Jessica......

Betty,

Would love to visit the shopping in the park area ..... are you the one who was making donuts?  I'm impressed!

Dee,

Looks like Jon chose a good time to go ski. Should be great conditions!  Try not to worry and yes, I know that's easier said than done! ;)

Lorri,

Praying for Amanda.  Love the poem! 

Susannah,

Hope the holidays are kind to you.

I think Jay's friends know that he would never intentionally upset their little guy. His friend told his son that it wasn't a ghost, it was an angel and he shouldn't be afraid of angels.........

Joy for the journey,

Bonnie, Jay's Mom

• Members

ok Tavian is asleep and I am done crying. 

Marcia - I love "Angel" - Sarah is one of my most favorite singers...Jessica and I would play her CD and sing along.  Thanks for sharing.

Lorrie - praying for baby Kourtney Sue with everything I have in me.....all our Angels are watching over her.

Bows - well not exactly something I can do either but I am so gald that you are determined to do it - it will be beautiful.

I am babbeling aren't I.......just not sure what to say so I will post a couple more pics and say good night to all.   May you all find some peace in a restful night. Kathy

Alexis - she is wonderful, lovable, smart and she loves to talk to me on the phone.

post-17871-128153896636_thumb.jpg

• Members

B3 - kind of hard to see as I downloaded off my phone.  I have a disc coming from Angel so I can download much better ones.  Yesterday he told me he was having soup but it was hot so he put an ice cube in it.......he always says "I love you mi-mi"

Sorry, Alexis just turned 7 and B3 just turned 5.

post-17871-128153896637_thumb.jpg

• Members

KATHY NEVER BE ASHAMED ON HERE...WE ARE RAW...WE UNDERSTAND...WE DONT JUDGE ....WE LOVE AND HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))...BEAUTIFUL KIDDOS IN THE PIC....

HAPPIER TIMES IN MY LIFE..2 MONTHS B4 IT ALL CHANGED

post-22932-128153896646_thumb.jpg

• Members

Jessica and Barry - the night of the prom....having a drink together...seems like yesterday.........I miss her so.

post-17871-128153896642_thumb.jpg

• Members

LOOK AT THE LOVE THEY HAVE FOR EACH OTHER..JESSICA AND BERRY...SHE IS ABSOLUTELY BREATH TAKING

• Members

Lorrie - thank you, thank you...... I should know after all this time here with all of you that I can say anything here but sometimes I am afraid to share parts of my life as it hurts so much but where else can I go and be forgiven, loved and understood. my lifeline to sanity.

Thanks for sharing the poem....I am printing it out.

Love, love the pic....what a beauty...she and Jessica are smiling down on us.;)

Yes, so much love for each other, they were very close and alot alike..

Tavian showing off his "fish face"....

post-17871-128153896654_thumb.jpg

• Members

Trudi - good luck with the new flat screen and blue-ray.....love mine and it really does not take much to get used to it.....you will like it so much better.   Thinking of you as always my friend......will take a walk with you tomorrow, I sure need it...

• Members

Kathy - Tough love, hard but needed. You have beautiful grandbabies that might otherwise be denied a future.   Tavian & Barry who with you have been through such a loss also need to be considered.  BJ has had unconditional support from you even on  your darkest days...time for him to step up and make a change.   Know you are never judged here and never ever alone.

I love the pics Jessica & Tavian on the bed.  The prom night, precious memories for you all.  What a grown lad he has become Kathy...take pride in all you  have given him and all you have to offer BJ's babies.

Ahhh the snow - not sure how I'd cope being an 'island' baby but know I would love to try living in a white wonderland.

Dee - did you make a crack about my height?  (lol).  Its not my height, but the width... 5'X5'.

'a bow tying class'?  I know I joke about getting into basket weaving, for the insane, but I draw the line at tying bows.....knots maybe...

Take Care all Trudi

• Members
heartbeataway

Wow Kathy, you have three beautiful grandies ( as Trudi would say) Thank you so much for sharing them!

This is a poem that was sent to me today. No relevance, just sharing .....

MOM'S EMPTY CHAIR

A woman's daughter had asked the local minister

to come and pray with her mother..

When the minister arrived,

he found the woman lying in bed with her head

propped up on two pillows.

An empty chair sat beside her bed.

The minister assumed that the woman

had been informed of his visit..

'I guess you were expecting me, he said.

'No, who are you?' said the mother.

The minister told her his name and then remarked,

'I saw the empty chair and I figured you knew

I was going to show up..'

'Oh yeah, the chair,' said the bedridden woman

'Would you mind closing the door?'

Puzzled, the minister shut the door.

'I have never told anyone this,

not even my daughter,' said the woman.

'But all of my life I have never

known how to pray.

At church I used to hear the pastor talk about prayer,

but it went right over my head..'

I abandoned any attempt at prayer,'

the old woman continued, '

until one day four years ago, my best friend said to me,

' Prayer is just a simple matter

of having a conversation with Jesus.

Here is what I suggest..

'Sit down in a chair;

place an empty chair in front of you,

and in faith see Jesus on the chair.

It's not spooky because he promised,

'I will be with you always'..

'Then just speak to him in the same way

you're doing with me right now..'

'So, I tried it and I've liked it so much

that I do it a couple of hours every day.

I'm careful though . If my daughter saw me talking

to an empty chair, she'd either have a nervous breakdown

or send me off to the funny farm.'

The minister was deeply moved by the story and

encouraged the old woman to continue on the journey.

Then he prayed with her, anointed her with oil,

and returned to the church.

Two nights later the daughter called

to tell the minister that her mama

had died that afternoon.

Did she die in peace?' he asked.

Yes, when I left the house about two o'clock,

she called me over to her bedside,

told me she loved me and kissed me on the cheek.

When I got back from the store an hour later,

I found her .

But there was something strange about her death.

Apparently, just before Mom died,

she leaned over and rested her head on the chair

beside the bed.. What do you make of that?'

The minister wiped a tear from his eye and said,

'I wish we could all go like that.'

Prayer is one of the best free gifts we receive.

I asked God for water, He gave me an ocean.*

I asked God for a flower, He gave me a garden.*

I asked God for a friend, He gave me all of YOU...

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God.

Quiet moments, worship God

Painful moments, trust God.

Every moment, thank God.

• Members
shellbellsmom

Sorry don’t have time tonight to read through all post and see all the pictures...will have to do it tomorrow morning. 

Just wanted to share my special night with you all.   My son made it back from school and there was nothing on TV so I just turned on a movie on the Hallmark Channel (B4 they could turned on the Sci-fi channel) called the Ultimate Gift.  Anyways I figured it was just some sappy Christmas show.  But what happened was I had a major breakthrough with my boys tonight.  The movie turned out to be about a spoil rich boy who turns his life turned around after meeting a young girl who is dying from leukemia. His Grandfather died and made videos for his  grandson to watch and complete several tasks before he would give him the “Ultimate Gift” as his Inheritance.  The grandfather talked about losing his son and that nothing in his life was harder and that a parent should never out live their child.  

In the movie they also talked about the significance of butterflies…which is something we associate too with my daughter’s death.  After the shock of finding out the little girl had leukemia and then hearing her talk about the butterflies I thought my boys would get up and walk out on me…but they didn’t.  We all just went “Oh great” …and I told them I had no idea what the movie was about- even hit the info button to show them nothing was mentioned about her illness.  Another thing the movie was made in 2007- the year she passed away.  So it was obvious that someone wanted us to see the movie together as a family…  The boys watched the whole movie and didn’t give me any crap about it.  It also talked about finding some purpose after a death and making your life meaningful. The dying girl wanted only to see her mother happy after she passed.   I had never heard of or even seen previews for this movie…just was flipping through channels and decided to watch it.  Wow, for me this was HUGE since they usually tell me “Don’t go there” and tell me to "STOP" when I bring up a memory of Michelle. So, me with my boys sitting together and watching a movie about a child who dies with the same illness as our daughter/sister and us crying together as a family and all secretly feeling like someone really wanted us to see it together was my very special moment tonight. 

Now, I can go to sleep and dream of my angel that I believed set this all up.  Thanks Michelle!  Miss you Kiddo.  Take Care everyone.  Sue

• Members

OK< gotta go to bed, very tired after reportcarding and all, plus a day of tight muscle worry over Jon, who by the grace of God, has arrived in Colorado and is sleeping after a night and day in the car. So great that he is there, and prayers that he has a glorious time. Supposed to be all of 13 tomorrow in the area he is with huge winds, so they may not even let them snowboard if the wind is dangerous. But Friday adn Saturday are supposed to be great and yes, a lot of snow for the runs.

Kathy, I will talk tomorrow, but just to say, those babies are gorgeous too. Does Tav know them? Thanks for telling us and sharing them.

Lorri, I have prayers all over the sky for little Kourtney. Goodness knows we need her to be well. Be strong little pretty girl.

love,

dee

OH thanks for all of your prayers for my Boy, really thank you.

• Members

Bonnie - If only.

Sue - So glad you made to the remote before the Sci Fi took hold.  Great bonding time - Hey Michelle, did you really set the remote to Hallmark Channel? ;)

• Members

Wow...fell asleep earlier, and came back on to say goodnight, and find there's been a couple of little miracles, some new wonderful grandbabies to share, and some prayers needed, in thanks (Jon)and in petition (Kourtney Sue).  Both will be said before I return to sleep.  Dee, I am so, so glad Jon is there and resting in a comfy bed.  Glad you have finished with your "reportcarding" and can relax your muscles a bit from worrying over Jon's travels.    Lorri:  So very sorry to hear of Kourtney Sue's illness...praying that her beautiful cousin (I think that would be the relationship, sorry if I'm wrong) Kourtney Lynn will watch over her and keep her safe. 

Sue:  Yes, I am thinking along the same lines as Trudi...Michelle fiddled with the remote...tears as I read your story.  We watch Hallmark a lot, because I know there is always a happy ending...I think maybe Michelle knew this too...

Kathy:  Never, ever have to apologize here, remember?  This is the SAFE PLACE...the place where we will be here for each other, understand each other, and already know that there are aspects in all of our lives that we must make decisions about and those decisions are what we feel is best for us at the time we make them...not telling us about your other grandchildren til now was one of them for you, and we all understand completely.  Your sharing of your problems with BJ, we know, was very difficult for you, but that is some of what we are all here for...comfort and understanding not only with our grief, but also with the other parts of our life that we are dealing with, mostly because we all know that because of our grief, these other difficult parts of our lives are made so much more so...my heart goes out to you, sweet friend.  I am so glad that you shared photos of your other grandchildren, and can't wait for more.  They are beautiful.   I so love the pic of Jess with Barry...love, pure love, going from eyes to eyes...sweet memories.  Jess and Tav on the bed together...a wonderful picture...but then, all of your pics of Jess are so beautiful, and having one with Tavian with her is doubly so.  thank you so much for sharing.

Col:  I would much rather have your 13" of snow than the snow, sleet, snow, icy rain, rain that we got.  We wound up with about 4-5" of snow after all the rain fell, but tomorrow it will be a nightmare...a roadway of ice to maneuver for all those having to be out in it...

Bonnie:  thank you for sharing your story...it was really sweet and beautiful...I love that your friend told his little one of his visit being one from an angel...may the little one sleep with the peace of knowing he has a guardian angel...

Claudia:  thank you for sharing your song and video...Angel is one of hubby's favorite songs, though it brings tears to his eyes (as well as to mine) whenever we hear it.  I hope all is well with you and Michael. 

Trudi:  I also laughed when I read Betty's comment about "leaving the men alone" and already knowing what the result would be when you said that.  LED!  Wow---a step up from LCD.  I've seen those in the store, and they are fantastic!  We also have the LCD, as Lynn said they have, and it is just awesome...our favorite thing to watch on it is of course, a ballgame...Red Sox of course!  Watching Blu Ray movies is just awesome, also...I imagine it is even better on an LED.  If you don't already have it, and are interested in such things, the Blu Ray dvd's for "Planet Earth" are just breathtaking...the ones put out by Discovery Channel...there are a few others out there, but the one by them is just awesome...you can usually find them on half.com for a much better price, though sometimes you can find "nearly new" ones on Amazon.com, also.   "Blue Planet" is awesome also, if you like pictures/movies of the ocean and under it...put out by BBC and narrated by Davis Attenborough...although I don't think it is out in Blu Ray yet, the regular DVD is just breathtaking.   Enjoy your new "toy" and I wish so much I could sit beside you and watch a movie with you! 

will try to return to sleep now, before I let the night slip by me again.

love and peace,  carol  mikesmomrs

• Members

The news of the world tonight centred around all things, a snowball fight world record attempt at the University of WISCONSCIN!!!  It came in on the back of a story about the storms hitting the US.  Hope all you Northern Hemisphere Indigos are safe and warm.

We have had severe thunderstorms with heavy downpours.  One very frightened Muttley.  Me I love the rain and the thunder!  The sky went from dark grey to a light yellow.....this is what I caught outside our house......pure light

P1010990.jpg

The next two form the arc of the rainbow over the valley outside our home.Sorry about the join..don't have a panaromic camera.

P1010994.jpgP1010995.jpg

Prayers for those in need, peace to those who find it hard about now....

• Members

Sue...That is great about the movie..how touching..

All the pictures are so nice to see..what beautiful children..

Kathy..Alexis and B3 are very very cute....I am sure Spring

won't come soon enough for you to get to visit them.

Grave blanket came yesterday so hopefully get out of work before

dark and can do that today..

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Sue, It sounds like the movie was an "ultimate gift" of sorts for your family, and very needed. I'm so happy for you and your family for this breakthrough. Blessings!! :)

Kathy, Alexis and B3 are PRECIOUS!!! You have some beautiful grand-babies. What a blessing and a relief that you can feel free now to open up and share with your BI family. Life is hard sometimes, and it doesn't make sense at times either. But we have the blessing of celebrating the beauty that comes along, even in difficult situations, and those children are definitely he bright side!!! :)

LED, LCD, Blue Ray...I am so jealous! I watch DVD's on my laptop from time to time.

I have sunk again in my motivation to get out of bed. It's probably the holiday thing... We don'y have a single decoration up on display. At this point, I don't think I'll even bother to find anything. Gingy is in my room, overlooking my safe haven. We're getting a few basket donations, but nothing like last year. I guess the economy is finally catching up with us over here. It's been such a tough 5 months--not all bad, just VERY overwhelming--with us being forced to move, all of the legal stuff we are dealing with here, the travel to the States and the wedding, my DIL's attitude and the changed air there... and now Christmas. I guess it's all caught up with me. While my faith isn't shaken, my energy is spent and the tears come all too easily. I haven't written much in I don't know how long, and I just can't make myself do much. If I shower, cook a meal or get a load of laundry done, I feel accomplished for the day. I guess the holiday depression has struck. So, if I'm a little quieter, please know it isn't that I'm not here. I visit and read multiple times a day. SO MUCH MORE posting now than ever I recall. I love all of the photos and hearing about what's happening with everyone. I just don't feel I have much to share right now... But I think of you all throughout each day, and and thankful for you in my life. This phase too shall pass.... till then I'll be just holding on and riding the waves.

xoxoxo ~ 4Ever Joey's Mom

• Members
shellbellsmom

Good afternoon everyone.  Dee so glad you Jon made it safely to Colorado....I know that is a HUGE relief for you and as well for him.  Now praying he has that "life changing moment" when he's one with the mountains.  Claudia hoping those holiday BLUES quickly fade away and are replaced with tons of energy to carry out your mission work. Love the "Angel" video....they are so talented and had to go find some Kleenex after watching it.   Carol had to share the Christmas light video...saw it before and still worth seeing again.  Only problem it sure makes my one pink lit tree and angel decorations look a little boring now.  Trudi good luck with the new toy....I bet it will make all those old movies come more to life now more than ever.  Glad also to hear your youngest has found a new house and that you have a good feeling right now....hope it stays for a long while. Rainbows apologize for angry skies. Breathtaking photos….  Susannah cold weather sucks~ must have been a good reason to move from sunny LV to Wyoming especially in the winter months.  Its 14 here, and -6 wind-chill.  The winds are blowing around 30-40 mph which means I have to go shovel the sidewalks for our Scruffy ever so often (he's a little dog with short arthritic legs)...minutes after they are done, ma nature turns up the wind machine more and makes more drifts for me to clear.  Happy Be-lated Anniversary to you and your special man.  Life is easier when you have a special someone to love. 

Bonnie- Great worthwhile cause you should be proud of....and one a lot of people forget about..the worlds forgotten foster children.  Colleen- you got it way worse than we did...we are expecting 16 total but so far only about 6" to date.....but the bottom layer is all ice and the temps will make it hard for the salt to melt the ice- so our roads are like skating rinks, so Lynn be grateful you didn't get any of this crappy weather. 

Lorrie definitely sending prayers to little Kourney Sue that medical staff can provide her the medicine to make her lungs fight the pneumonia real fast and that she is able to get out of the hospital real soon.  Isn't it hard to look at the photos of the days before our life changed...we were clueless to what the future held for us.  Great memories though...and wished those days were still here to live. 

Just love seeing all the pictures....Kathy, Alex and B3 are adorable and so glad you are sharing them with us here.  Jessica with your Barry- priceless, and Tavian with not a bad looking Santa for a change. 

Feeling much better after my good family bonding evening last night-baby steps but I will take them.  It felt so good to not be shut out for a change.  Maybe someday talking about her to them will actually become possible.Greg and Dan, wish my men were as open as you both are in your lose....  Had a good therapy session yesterday too….worked on the feelings of guilt and replaced them with all the positive moments we shared together, and put away the small disagreements and times that we didn’t see eye to eye.  Focusing on the big picture rather than all the small stuff that really isn’t that important in the big scheme of life.   

To everyone....wishing you a safe relaxing peaceful day today.....Take care of yourself and cherish the memories we have of our angels. Sue

• Members

I read this today. I was from a lady who lost her son,daughter and husband when a ship ran over their sail boat.

AOL Health: Has Judith found any kind of redeeming lesson in this tragedy?

Rumberg: No, but there are some life lessons for the rest of us. I know how many emails I get from readers who are pausing to think about how they're living their lives. Here's the lesson: Are we bold enough to embrace and appreciate life, so that if something like this happens, we don't have regrets about the way we've lived? And if harm does come to us, we have to learn to transition with resolve and grace, instead of rage and revenge.

• Members

It seems that I have hit a brick wall and don’t know what to do. So I read and want to post but can’t find the words to encourage anyone so I don’t post. I’m in charge of the Christmas play with the children at church. This seems to take a lot out of me. I did this with Danielle and James for so many years. So I feel that Mattie needs this too. I would much rather just take her to play practice than to be in charge of it. But it keeps my mind busy I guess. I was really upset that they ask me to do this because it seems Christmas is one of the hardest times for me. Then yesterday as I was sitting there at home it came to me. This is the 3rd year without Danielle at Christmas. Mattie is 7 so it’s been about as many Christmas without Danielle that she can remember with Danielle. Enough of me groaning and belly aching.

Greg – You always give us what our hearts need. Thanks for sharing.

Dee – Glad that Jon arrived safely to Denver. I hope he has a blast with friends and snowboarding. I’ve loved all the pictures you have posted lately.

Kathy – What beautiful grandchildren you have. Prayers for you and BJ I hope he will response to your tough love. You hang in there for his children!

Carol – So glad you eye is on the mends. How the car shopping going?

Trudi – What great pictures!

Lorri – Prayers are being sent for Kourtney Sue’s speeding recovery.

Colleen – Keep the snow where you are, we do not want any of it in the Carolina’s. LOL. Sorry to hear your son’s report was not the best. But he did well in his matches, so I know you are proud of him either way.

Bonnie – I loved the poem thanks for sharing.

Sue – Glad you were able to watch the Ultimate Gift with your husband and son. I loved that movie.

Claudia – My prayers are with you to come out of the darkness soon.

Lynn – Good luck on the bows. I would/could not even try it. I’m not crafty at all.

Dan- I hope you get off before dark so you can place the blanket today.

Betty – I just love your words you will never know how much you mean to me.

Sherry – How is the moving going? Have you moved already?

Susannah – Stephanie is just beautiful! I can’t wait to learn all about her through you. Sorry I’ve been away when you joined our family. You have found a wonderful group of people that can help you on the terrible journey we all call life now.

Marica – As always you amaze me with all you do. I’m really needing a trip to your neck of the woods for so sun.

I will catch up with everyone later. Thanks for all you do each day coming and posting and helping me in my darkest days.

Sonya (Danielle’s Mom)

• Guests

Hello Indigo's.

I haven't read the posts, yet.  I'm just popping in to ask for prayer.  The MDT meeting is in an hour where they decide what to present to the judge for approval concerning permanent placement of the kids.

The DA, DFS, CASA, CAP, Counselors and all attorneys will be there to put in their two cents.  I just want to keep my mouth shut! 

Love and peace,

Susannah

• Members

WOW Sue

That really is a special moment!  Getting boys to sit through a movie like that is wonderful, let alone the same situation as your beautiful Michelle.

A little bit of healing took place there in your living room that night.

Colleen

• Members

[user=10710]briansdad[/user] wrote:

I read this today. I was from a lady who lost her son,daughter and husband when a ship ran over their sail boat.

AOL Health: Has Judith found any kind of redeeming lesson in this tragedy?

Rumberg: No, but there are some life lessons for the rest of us. I know how many emails I get from readers who are pausing to think about how they're living their lives. Here's the lesson: Are we bold enough to embrace and appreciate life, so that if something like this happens, we don't have regrets about the way we've lived? And if harm does come to us, we have to learn to transition with resolve and grace, instead of rage and revenge.

Are we bold enough to embrace and appreciate life?  After losing our kids I would like to think that we hold fast to what we still have in our lives and embrace it in a new 'enlightened' way.  Evident here by those who work to foster, to bring together others and ease their grief, to raise awareness and remind others of the importance of now.

Claudia - the wall came up and smacked you.  Like Bonnie you have had so many heavy hits in these past months.  You have been running on adrenaline and endorphines now you need to 'cruise' till you level out.

Those who don't think they have something 'worthwhile' to say - for me seeing your childs face is worthwhile....maybe a smiley in a post if thats all you want....    

:dude:     :cool:   :P   :D   :)   ;)   :X   :(   :?   :shock:  YEAH!!!

• Members

Time crunch has me in its claws so I cannot post but want to do as Trudi said, which I loved, that just come on to let us see your Child, the Angels do brighten our lives. Trudi, the photos are amazing, Greg, the quote is exactly what I love...it feeds my spirit and my motivation, thanks, Sue, the movie was a special spell that Michelle cast on the family to share. Love it adn I am thankful that you had that experience. wow. Col, 19 inches of snow? can you see your car? Sonya, Holding you, and probably the reason they ask you is twofold- You are so good at it, and because Danielle knows that you might need to keep your spirit lit. Claudia, so sorry that you are blue, I know donations are wayyyydown, I collected 145.00 for the family of 4 my class is sponsoring and I spent 240.00. so my gift to my husband, is the gifts to this family, which is great for him, it is a perfect gift, fits him perfectly, right color and all. Two years ago I collected 275.00 from my group. Economy is hitting folks hard.

Susannah, prayers, late but nevertheless. Let us know how it all works.

To all, gotta go, report cards adn deliver gifts to the church that is going to deliver to families this weekend. We did very well.

Love and hugs,

dee

• Members

Hey all, I havent been around for awhile.  I have read all the posts and won't even try to catch up.  I see it has been heart wrenching for all.  I know I am tired.  I am having a hard time, my patience is thin, my heart is broken, and I really don't even know why I am here right now.  I guess to tell you I am thinking of you all, even though it seems I am lost in my own self pity.  I wish you all the best of the holiday seasons, though they seem so empty there has to be something good. 

My laptop died, I think I killed it, I hit the keyboard while typing out of frustration, and everything went blank.  So I am on my dinasaur computer...  better than nothing

I will send out prayers for all of you, all the children in heaven and all the ones that have to put up with us here.

Leah/JaBoa's grandma