Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

What positive can you list today?

KayC

• Moderators

Positive today:  
They finished working on my well...but oh what a huge muddy mess they left!  Need to order 1/2 truck rock but can't until I get this all paid off.  (On my M/C).

• Like 3

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KayC

• widower2

• RichS

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Rey Dominguez Jr

Went to my doctor to start a therapy for my lower back pain.  Consisted of 6 shots on either side and around the L4 and L5 joints and sacroiliac.  Not in the joints or spine but in the soft tissue on either side.  Shots were of a homeopathic solution called Traumeel.  The stuff is anti-inflammatory as well as a couple other anti-something properties.  But as I am typing this, the pain in my back and hip is greatly reduced, almost gone.  Have to make a follow-up appt in about two weeks for another dose, but, overall, this feels promising.  I am sure I will have a copay but I can easily cover that.  

• Like 3

• Members

Rey: Glad that the shots are working for you. I've had one, but no luck. Now the doctor has got me on an anti-inflammatory and a pain killer. One is a permanent medication, the other to be taken for only a couple of weeks. So far, no improvement. Surgery might be my only option.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Moderators

Wish you both well with it, pain is no fun.

• Thanks 2

• Members
Sparky1
6 hours ago, Rey Dominguez Jr said:

Went to my doctor to start a therapy for my lower back pain.  Consisted of 6 shots on either side and around the L4 and L5 joints and sacroiliac.  Not in the joints or spine but in the soft tissue on either side.  Shots were of a homeopathic solution called Traumeel.  The stuff is anti-inflammatory as well as a couple other anti-something properties.  But as I am typing this, the pain in my back and hip is greatly reduced, almost gone.  Have to make a follow-up appt in about two weeks for another dose, but, overall, this feels promising.  I am sure I will have a copay but I can easily cover that.  

I just got a cortisone injection for my sciatica last Thursday. It takes about a week or so to kick in though. I also have a herniated disc at L4 and L5, and I've had it for maybe 30 years. I've had many MRIs done and the neurologist advised against surgery done on  it, as it would most likely make it worse. I also know someone who had the same condition, and indeed he got worse and had to use a cane to walk. And my predicament is that I'm allergic to most NSAID medication, since I break out in hives. So, Tylenol has been my best friend. Stretches do help a bit to loosen the muscles too. Good luck with your treatment, I hope it helps you and keep us up to date on how it's coming along.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators
widower2

Kay try this: https://www.fbpurity.com/

I use it and love it - it blocks stuff I always hated FB shoving in my face, like ads, videos, etc

• Like 2

• Moderators

Thank you!  Does it only work with Mozilla?  My chosen browser is Chrome, it's where all of my diabetes bookmarks are.

• Like 1

• Members
WithoutHer
44 minutes ago, KayC said:

Thank you!  Does it only work with Mozilla?  My chosen browser is Chrome, it's where all of my diabetes bookmarks are.

45 minutes ago, KayC said:

Hi Kay if you want to use Firefox and it's extensions you can import your Chrome bookmarks and other things:

Here's a Mozilla how to link:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/import-bookmarks-google-chrome

I've been using Firefox and DuckDuckGo for a long time. Don't like Google tracking all my activity. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
widower2
54 minutes ago, KayC said:

No it should be any browser (I use Brave).

• Like 3

• Members
Sparky1
53 minutes ago, widower2 said:

No it should be any browser (I use Brave)

This is the browser I use, plus the Ublock Origin extension to stop ads, trackers, bad sites, etc.

• Like 3

• Members
WithoutHer
2 hours ago, Sparky1 said:

This is the browser I use, plus the Ublock Origin extension to stop ads, trackers, bad sites, etc.

Wow you guys got me so curious about this which is a thankful distraction.

Kay as @widower2 said it will work with most browsers including Chrome.

Here is a link that explains and provides install.

www.fbpurity.com/install.htm

I don't use Facebook but Vickie did everyday which is why this conversation caught my interest. 

FYI while researching I got a Blast screen that it doesn't work on Android yet

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Boggled said:

Sorry you had to deal with that, KayC

Hey, it killed some time!  Gave me something to do...

• Like 1

• Moderators
widower2

So glad! Now email that to yourself so you can't lose it again :)  

• Like 2

• Members
Rey Dominguez Jr

Got our taxes done this afternoon.  That task is done for the year.  But it was another one of those “firsts.”  First time I was getting taxes done without Veronica.  When I explained to the tax lady why Veronica could not be there, she was visibly saddened and her eyes teared up.  So did mine as soon as I started with the explanation.  Even though it was only once a year, Veronica and the tax lady always got along as though they were old friends.  Tax lady pointed out next year I will file single.  Sucks!  😪

• Like 2

• Members

Rey:  I went through similar feelings when I filed our 2022 taxes. It felt weird and sad. For 2023 I filed single for the first time since 1979. It left me with an empty feeling.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, widower2 said:

So glad! Now email that to yourself so you can't lose it again :)  

I have it, I always had it, it's just gmail that lost it as the background picture, still have it on laptop wallpaper but trying to figure out how to put it back on gmail was something else.

I have a positive TODAY already!  Got up 1 am to pee, saw the internet and phone were out (modem light/s).  No way to report it.  3:30 am it's back!  Amazing!  Figure it went out late last night, now they have it down to a hair under four hours so they don't have to pay us a couple of bucks.  Hey, whatever works! :D

• Like 1

• Members
foreverhis

@KayC So glad you got it back, but sheesh it’s been out so often for you this winter-spring!

• Like 2

• Moderators

It has, and not always bad weather either, during the night it was fine.  The predicted snow did not materialize.  We had winds yesterday but I don't know aboutduring the night/early morning.  Not a lot of branches down this morning though so that attests to not.  
I'm hoping it's not just Spectrum.  Most of the town has them and Emerald doesn't come out this far. Verizon uses the same cell towers.  

• Like 1

• Members

I have a positive!  I made a long list of to-dos two days ago.  Each one a single simple task, but adding up to a lot.  I made great progress on the list last two days.  And more going to get done today!!  It’s progress not perfection!

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ThereIsAField said:

I dunno... maybe someone else knows what I mean and can express it better

No, I think you expressed it well.  I had a mundane thread but don't know what happened to it.  And there's always the food and weather thread.  I'm sorry, usually mine are positive, but after the horrible day and night I had, hard to.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
widower2

[Mod hat on] OK I did a little clean-up to put the venting in the venting thread. Let's keep this one positive; thanks! [/Mod hat off] 

5 hours ago, ThereIsAField said:

Sometimes I wonder whether we need a separate "what's going on today" thread... I come to this thread to read the positives in peoples days but often it's along the lines of "I had a horrible day but the positive is that I'm glad it wasn't worse".

I don't mean listing "positives" in terms of fake Pollyanna crap... Pretending things are fine or are better than they are isn't helpful...

But... I dunno... positives in the sense of actual positives, or something...

I dunno... maybe someone else knows what I mean and can express it better

I think you expressed it well and thanks for bringing it up. I guess we started treating this like a daily "whatever" thread. 

I created this thread to vent FYI: https://forums.grieving.com/topic/27290-everyday-non-loss-related-rants-enter-at-your-own-risk/

OK no more ranting here guys please! Back to sugar spice and everything nice :) Thanks for the call out!

• Haha 2

• Members
WithoutHer

With regards to Jury Duty issue I discussed in the new rant thread... My doctor is out the next 2 weeks however the office gave me an appointment tomorrow to come in and they will have someone help me out with the excusal form. YAH! 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Positive today is I was able to change my password here!  I had tried and tried, didn't matter if I made up random letters, symbols, numbers, capitals, lowercase, I tried everything.  Always said it wasn't strong enough!  Must be a gliche.  (Helluva lot stronger than the one I had before which is on the dark web now)!  FINALLY it accepted what I entered!  (Only other holdout is my newspaper...not the part I pay through so not a big deal).

1 minute ago, shawnt said:

5 inches of snow, it looks beautiful. 

I got snow too, sticking...

• Like 2

• Moderators

Managed 1/2 walk with Kodie this morning to feed the horse. Also went for my haircut and a small walk with Kodie at the park, told him no pulling or wrapping around my legs, he was good.

• Like 4

• Moderators
widower2

Glad it came back...I never heard of a black screen of death before. Was it like just a blank screen? 

• Like 2

• Members
ThereIsAField

We had the first two really sunny days of the year here. Yesterday was my first time wearing sandals this year. Today was my first ever so slight sunburn on my cheeks.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, widower2 said:

Glad it came back...I never heard of a black screen of death before. Was it like just a blank screen? 

Just like it's stated...black, nothing loading, can't do anything.

• Like 1