Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

What positive can you list today?

KayC

• Members
2 hours ago, KayC said:

Annie, I am so sorry you are going through this yet again, so is my friend in Ventura.  We continue to pray, some say they don't believe, that's okay, for those who do, what can it hurt.  🙏 for you and Cosi!

Be safe!

• Like 3

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KayC

• widower2

• RichS

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Annie, hoping you are safe.  My friend is on a hill so won't be hit with flooding although it may make it impossible to get to work tomorrow, at least today is a holiday.  She has her shopping done for groceries.  Hoping power holds.  It POURED here during the night, but nothing like 4" of rain.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

We're to get thunder/lightening this afternoon & evening.  That's what started our wildfires in the summer, wet now though, rained a lot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

I woke twice in the night from nightmares.  But I went to a meeting.  i worked with my father to create a screen for my garage window.  And i wrote an email to my coworkers letting them know of Dorothy's passing.  Painful but positive

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Moderators

Wow, that is tough, my husband did too.  Now I have a shop do it.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Internet was out and phones, just came back.

23 minutes ago, shawnt said:

In Cuba, missing my Suzy . 

Full moon and the sound of the waves , oh how she would have enjoyed this night. I am not broken. That's my positive, I can think of her and not be broken.

And that is beautiful.

• Like 2

• Members
Griefsucks810
On 2/18/2024 at 9:48 PM, JonathanFive said:

I just accidentally locked myself out of our bedroom with, "an undisclosed number of candles burning," but I was able to get back in before a fire started!!!!!   🙂

That's great news...

Thank goodness you got into your bedroom and the candles didn’t cause a fire.
I had my husband’s picture sitting on a wooden shelf inside my entertainment center and it somehow fell onto the next shelf where I had a tea light candle burning causing the picture to catch fire and burn - luckily I was in the room when it happened and I was able to put the fire out. I screamed so loud that my daughter and her dog came running into my room. My daughter told me not to burn the tea light candles anymore cuz of what happened. I was able to find a duplicate picture of the one that burned and I have it sitting upright on my shelf in the entertainment center. Haven’t lit the tea light candles at night since. I still don’t know till this day what caused my husband’s picture to fall off the shelf and onto the next shelf where the burning candle was. Early in my grief,  I used to light 2 tea light candles every night as a remembrance to my husband but I don’t do it anymore cuz I’m not chancing a fire to happen. 

On 2/21/2024 at 5:21 PM, steinbok said:

I woke up today.
I'm away from home right now..My grief seems to be tempered, somewhat.  I still cry occasionally.
I got up on my bike, and rode 25 miles.
I said hello to a number of people while riding.
I got a couple of errands done.
Hoping to get a few more done before having dinner with my brother....

Good for you that you rode 25 miles on your bike!! Proud of you cuz my bike is still sitting on my deck and hasn’t been used in over 3 years.  Enjoy dinner with your brother.

• Hugs 3

• Members
Griefsucks810
28 minutes ago, shawnt said:

In Cuba, missing my Suzy . 

Full moon and the sound of the waves , oh how she would have enjoyed this night. I am not broken. That's my positive, I can think of her and not be broken.

Your wife is with you in spirit and is watching over you. Hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Cuba.

On 2/21/2024 at 7:30 AM, KayC said:

Yesterday my computer/internet/FB, nothing about tech was working right!  I mean NOTHING!  Tried end task, it froze up.  Tried to restart computer, like that was a picture of the start button but it didn't work. Was wondering is this Windows 11 and I'm stuck with it?  Tried a speed test, froze up.  ALL DAY like this!  Took three hours to do 1/2 hour's work!  

MY POSITIVE IS THIS MORNING EVEYTHING IS FINE!  Maybe somebody jinxed our computers yesterday.  Was it a full moon?  Others having trouble too, it was weird.

Did you ever find out what caused the problems you were having? Glad that everything is up and running for you. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
Griefsucks810
On 2/19/2024 at 12:22 PM, foreverhis said:

Good morning everyone.

We ended up getting only 2 inches overnight and are in a break between storms. At one point the rain rate calculated at 1.4 inches per hour, but that only lasted 30 minutes or so. It absolutely pounded on the window above the bed and scared Miss Cosi. Eventually she slept sprawled on her back as she often does, but with her back paws pushing into my side as if she had to make sure I was still with her even as she “cat snored” in her dreams. We slept in until 8:45!

No power loss so far and the wind is down for now. We have another storm system coming in, but it’s only forecast for an inch or so today. The yard is a mess with one big pot that needs repotting completely flooded over. Oh well, can’t do anything about that for now. I move most of the small and medium succulent pots under cover this time of year so they don’t drown.

I am thankful to be warm and dry with my girl safe and sound. Raleigh is coming over today. If we have a rain break, I will take her for a muddy walk. Good thing she actually likes being cleaned up afterward. Of course, I think she behaves when we wipe her down just because she knows she’s going to get a salmon treat after.

And now I had better get a certain cat her breakfast. I am sure she is absolutely dying of starvation. After all, she hasn’t eaten since her bedtime snack at 10.😅

Glad to see that you and your beloved pet made it through the night and both of you are warm and dry.  You are a good cat parent and I’m sure that you share a special bond with her.  Cats are the best.
I also have a cat and she is my world my everything. She hops onto my bed each morning and walks up to my face by making her morning meow to me that she needs her water and her dry food which I happily get out of bed and do it. I also clean out her litter box and make sure it’s cleaned out throughout the day and up until I go to bed for the night.  I had to stop giving her cat treats as of last year cuz it was making her gain weight - she’s already a fat cat. But she’s a fat happy and content cat. 

• Like 2

• Members
Griefsucks810
On 2/20/2024 at 9:20 PM, Marq said:

I woke twice in the night from nightmares.  But I went to a meeting.  i worked with my father to create a screen for my garage window.  And i wrote an email to my coworkers letting them know of Dorothy's passing.  Painful but positive

Good that you went to a meeting; I’m sure it was therapeutic for you. I hope your coworkers will give you the support and understanding that you need from them. If they offer to help you out in any way take the help. People show their true colors when it comes to death - this is when you find out whose there for you and who isn’t;  especially family and friends.  

• Like 3

• Members
Griefsucks810
On 2/22/2024 at 3:02 PM, YouAreForeverInMyHeart said:

I went and had my oil changed.
My husband always done this for me. 

Now you have the shop to do your oil changes and any mechanical work that you need done to your car.  Make sure you keep up with having your oil changed regularly so your car will run properly.  My daughter has her oil changed every 3,000 miles. 

• Like 2

• Members
Griefsucks810
On 2/20/2024 at 9:15 PM, KayC said:

I'd just checked the burnpile this afternoon and Kodie and I went on a walk, encountered Jack and Jill and I turned around just in time to see Jack walk over and check it. :D

Came home and got a message, my taxes are ready (now that Robinhood is over) so we made 120 mile trip to town to pick them up and get gas, just got home.  :D  So I'm getting big positives this week!

Wow you travel 120 miles just to get to town? It must be rough traveling to town when it snows heavily or rains nonstop. Do you live in the mountains where you’re at? Is the 120 miles to and from town or is it that 120 miles up and 120 miles back?  

On 2/20/2024 at 8:59 PM, widower2 said:

Quite a neighbor you have! 

My positive today was that on two separate occasions, I laughed...I don't mean a fake laugh like I've used so many times around people socially or even one where I half-heartedly "tried to laugh" thinking that that's what I should do...but just a spontaneous, saw or heard something and it made me laugh. I don't say that implying I'm usually miserable or whatever, but it's just not very often, especially when home alone, that I have a real laugh. And one was because of something I saw that I thought would have made her laugh. :)  

Every now and then it’s good to have a good laugh. I don’t normally laugh unless my cat or my dog are doing something crazy with their toys.  I can’t remember the last time I had a good laugh. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Griefsucks810 said:

Wow you travel 120 miles just to get to town?

This was a round trip and included Costco gas, so yeah.

• Like 4

• Members
foreverhis

@KayC I am so happy I was able to help. About time they fixed the problem and credited you for all that downtime!

• Like 3

• Moderators

Of course there piddly credit doesn't begin to offset the aggravation, but I'll take it.  I sure like the service tech though!

3 hours ago, widower2 said:

Welcome back!

Thanks, I feel like I'm in the land of the living again, even if it is between shoveling.  Not too bad today, didn't even start up the snow blower.  Maybe tomorrow morning...

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Good to know! I have a friend on Eliquis and he couldn't afford it but the VA covers it.  The monthly amount is more than he gets in soc. sec.!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Members
1 hour ago, Roxeanne said:

Today i had another one of my weird moments...i went to my library and suddenly i saw a guy that looked like my loved one...! More than others before...the body shape, the way of moving...

I was breathless!

I followed him...he sat down at the table, i was at the table next to him pretending to read a book...instead stared at him secretly!

I was fascinating 'cos he had the same nice tender expression on his face like my love and even the same hands...i stared at him directly  smiling all the time and inside me my heart sang the old song: he could be really him????

I wanted to talk to him but that guy , maybe tired of being under my gaze, got up and left.

I later found him in an empty part of the library,  i took my courage and i explained to him why i stared at him all the time...

He was speechless!

My "magical thinking" is still running...!!!!

That’s beautiful.  

• Like 4

• Members

I went to the dentist and had a contractor come out to look at my garage for an exterior door.  I didn’t cancel either appointment

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

My tiny positive was finally getting an overdue haircut, but when did barbers get so disgusting? What I mean is this: when I was younger, barbers kept their cutting instruments and combs soaking in cleaning fluid and then rinsed them off before using. Then apparently that became too much bother, so they just started spraying everything with some germ-killer spray...which IMO might have killed the germs, but wasn't adequate at really cleaning them.

But now? The last places I've been they don't even do that. The previous place I went I asked for a shampoo afterwards for precisely that reason. The place I went today didn't have that option (or they would have charged for it) so I came home and took a shower. ugh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
1 hour ago, widower2 said:

finally getting an overdue haircut

Me too yesterday!!

• Like 4

• Moderators
8 hours ago, widower2 said:

I came home and took a shower. ugh.

I always do afterwards, gets the hair trimmings off you too.

• Like 3