Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

What positive can you list today?

KayC

• Members
foreverhis

My positive for yesterday was that two friends and I planted in our fabric pots of seed potatoes. The weather looks to cooperate and I was able to find seed potatoes from reliable growers and on time, unlike last year’s late and random ones.

Last year the weather was horrible, heavy rain through April, no spring at all, cold temperatures every day, right into summer fog and wind. We had almost no crop.☹️

Some nurseries and farm supply shops didn’t even bother ordering in seed potatoes this year because idiots blamed them for the lousy growing conditions, rather than the weather. But I found five varieties we like that generally do well here. So 🤞

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KayC

• widower2

• RichS

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Sparky1
4 hours ago, KayC said:

Just like it's stated...black, nothing loading, can't do anything.

Last year my name brand, (don't know if it's good to name names but it's a  4 letter name starts with D) died after an automatic update. Ran a diagnostic on it and it showed the display was gone. So I call them up and they said since the update was with their software, the repair would be free, even though my warranty had expired. They put in a new LCD screen on it and so far no problems. I wasn't too happy about that since it isn't a cheap laptop. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
widower2

They gave you a free repair even though it was past warranty? I'd be quite happy about that :)  

• Like 3

• Members
Sparky1
11 minutes ago, widower2 said:

They gave you a free repair even though it was past warranty? I'd be quite happy about that :)  

Yes, I was shocked but I didn't complain lol. The warranty had just expired by a very short time.

• Like 4

• Members
10 hours ago, KayC said:

Just like it's stated...black, nothing loading, can't do anything.

Hi Kay, did you check the cable connections, also maybe one may need replacing?

• Like 3

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Paul777 said:

Hi Kay, did you check the cable connections, also maybe one may need replacing?

Cables are fine, no issue starting up since.

8 hours ago, Rey Dominguez Jr said:

Was nice having all their company for dinner over burgers and beer.

I'm glad you got that time with them.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Sparky1
1 hour ago, Roxeanne said:

Saw all the solar eclipse from Mexico to Maine thanks to NASA...

it was amazing! 

Not as see it live, but it's magical i can see this spectacular event from the other part of the world...😍

IMG-20240408-WA0008.jpg

In my area we didn't get to see it because of cloud cover. It did go darker for a few minutes but not complete darkness because I was further away from the totality area. Lots of people were disappointed but I did get to see it on tv.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Sparky1 said:

I did get to see it on tv.

The only station that showed it when I turned it on, less than five min. left.  I thought they'd be hashing and rehashing it all day!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

Internet and phone went out this morning, it just came back, kind of late to do anything, but at least it's back.  A log truck hit their pole in a nearby town, whole towns were out.

• Sad 4

• Moderators

Good for you, you did it! 

• Like 2

• Members
1 hour ago, DMB said:

I cleaned the dryer vent.

Add that to the list of vile things I've had to learn how to do on my own.  These tasks are still triggers for me.  I get very angry, and then nervous that I won't do it right, but it's done and only with a few tears

Well done! You did your best, and you did it!!

• Like 3

• Moderators

So glad to hear you are safe, Gail!  Wow, I didn't watch the news or know about it, our local paper is sometimes a little behind in things.

• Like 4

• Moderators

They're predicting snow here this week. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Meanwhile here in Ireland, it rains all the time! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Members

And in North Carolina the pollen season is winding down. We're expecting temps in the 80's by Sunday. Bring on the suntan lotion!!  :)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Snow here this week.  Urgently needing prayer which I'll specify in the spiritual section.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 4

• Moderators
widower2
2 hours ago, RichS said:

And in North Carolina the pollen season is winding down. We're expecting temps in the 80's by Sunday. Bring on the suntan lotion!!  :)

Man we're in the thick of pollen season; I sweep it off the porch almost like a light snow.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Roxeanne

And in Italy almost 30 degree...summer!

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

• Members
foreverhis
4 hours ago, KayC said:

Snow here this week.  Urgently needing prayer which I'll specify in the spiritual section.

Done!  I asked John to put in a good word too.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
10 hours ago, RichS said:

80's !!!!

• Like 3

• Members
6 hours ago, Roxeanne said:

Ciao! Incredibile, troppo caldo per me!

Hi! Incredible, too hot for me!

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Roxeanne said:

Is that celcius?  In the US we go by farenheit, big difference!  30 here is below freezing.  In celcius it'd be like 86 here!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Members
Roxeanne
2 hours ago, Paul777 said:
9 hours ago, Roxeanne said:

Ciao! Incredibile, troppo caldo per me!

Ciao Paul conosci l'italiano ?

Anni fa sono stata in Irlanda, bellissimo paese...ma il tempo mi faceva impazzire!🤣

Years ago i have been in Ireland, beautiful country...but weather made me crazy!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Members
Roxeanne
12 minutes ago, KayC said:

Is that celcius?  In the US we go by farenheit, big difference!  30 here is below freezing.  In celcius it'd be like 86 here!

Yes Kay...in Italy we go by Celsius...and meter kilometre kilo grams etc.

We're weird, aren't we ?😂

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
2 hours ago, Roxeanne said:

Ciao Paul conosci l'italiano ?

Anni fa sono stata in Irlanda, bellissimo paese...ma il tempo mi faceva impazzire!🤣

Years ago i have been in Ireland, beautiful country...but weather made me crazy!

Ciao Roseanne,

My sincere condolences for your loss.

I have only been learning for 9 months (about 800 words learnt), I absolutely love Italian, it's a beautiful language. However, since my Wife died, I only did a very small but each day. But, my motivation is slowly coming back.. 

Sure, the weather in Ireland is unbelievable.

Grazie mille. Thank you very much.

Buona giornata. Have a good day ♥️

Paul

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members
Sparky1
3 hours ago, Roxeanne said:

Yes Kay...in Italy we go by Celsius...and meter kilometre kilo grams etc.

We're weird, aren't we ?😂

No, we are metric in Canada too. It has to be close to 50 years if not more. The US is one of a few countries that hasn't switched lol. I like both systems and can use both in ever day things. Imagine when Americans come up here and see 100 kmh and start doing 100 mph. Instant ticket, and oh yea, 40 kmh over and they confiscate your vehicle 😂

• Like 3

• Members
Roxeanne
4 minutes ago, Sparky1 said:

No, we are metric in Canada too. It

Dai Sparky...non lo sapevo!

• Like 1

• Members
11 minutes ago, Sparky1 said:

The US is one of a few countries that hasn't switched lol.

We seemed to be on a roll 50 years ago as well. They said we were going to change over to the metric system (like it or not); but some years later the chatter died down and here we still are. Years ago, I used to catch an occasional Montreal Expos game on TV. I remember the outfield wall markers at Olympic Stadium were in meters, not feet. Had to scratch my head on the calculations (didn't have a conversion table handy) :)

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators
widower2

I remember when the push to get us all metric began and everyone assumed it would happen, since the rest of the world basically used it. But Americans are a stubborn lot. :) I doubt we'll ever switch over entirely, and that's not all bad IMO (I have no desire to watch a football game and hear "it's fourth and centimeters to go..."). Although we do have a lot of things where both the English and the metric system amounts are listed, I think most still think in terms of the English system.

• Like 4

• Members
Roxeanne
1 hour ago, KayC said:

Nope, I'd say the US is weird as we're the ones that deviated,

Anyway i love differences...a world too much equal is not interesting enough for me! 

Every country has its history, its culture " i suoi perche'"as we say ...("its whys")

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members
Sparky1
4 hours ago, Roxeanne said:

Dai Sparky...non lo sapevo!

Ormai da molto tempo Roxi.         ( For a long time now)

• Like 3

• Moderators

The contractor just left...I requested two bids, one for short term emergent to save my essential room with electrical, water tank, pipes, and freezer, and the other for the back of the carport.  He agreed.  I told him I understand wood fluctuates by the week (Random Lengths comes out with it's pricing every week...I used to be Office Mgr for a mill) but it'd give me an idea give/take.  I feel so relieved!  He's going to call the Mormon missionaries to have them give me a call and I can arrange a time with them and get a dumpster up here meanwhile and he'll provide a dolly to them.  Later when I've had $ saved up I can do the back of the carport.  I discovered a "blower & box" that weighs a ton that needs moved, I didn't even know I had it...that will go into the dumpster if they can get it in there.  A truck will move it when it's full.  

Now that I have a plan, I am so relieved!  I don't want the carport going too long w/o the back replaced so will do my best to save $ for it.  Still no prices but he said what he does to save my tank/electrical room will be under $1,000.  Whew!  

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3