• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KayC

• widower2

• RichS

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Gail, I am glad you are still able to view and appreciate the positive in this day, the beautiful weather.  Sadly, it does sound like they were hungry...too bad they didn't just ASK rather than break in, which now leaves you with issues and expense that were unnecessary.  Will your insurance cover it or does this just fall under deductible?

• Like 2

• Moderators

I'm sure that was very poignant.

• Like 3

• Members
WithoutHer
23 minutes ago, KayC said:

I'm sure that was very poignant.

It truly was Kay. But oh WOW you don't want to know what my Libra 2 monitor currently reads. Time for the shot I should have done pre meal. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Gail 8588
5 hours ago, KayC said:

Will your insurance cover it or does this just fall under deductible?

There is no insurance on the cabin, not even fire or liability if a guest got hurt.  No company will give a policy on the recreational leasehold interest.  We used to try to get insurance.

These are barely maintained roads out in the National Forest.  Forest Service says they will maintain the roads so they are passable with 4 wheel drive with high clearance.  Even so there are times you can get bogged down in deep clay mud holes with 4 wheel drive. Since no emergency vehicles or fire trucks can reliably get there, no insurance company will provide coverage.

We have had the cabin since 1979 and this is about the 5th break-in. So not too bad really.  All totalled there is probably less than a $500 loss with this break-in, so if I had insurance the loss probably wouldn't exceed the deductible. 

The boys and I are going to have a discussion about just not locking the door when we are not there.  That way, if someone wants to break-in, they won't actually have to break anything. 

• Like 4

• Moderators

Yeah, if they TRY to open it!  

Got woke up by Kodie alarm going off for a skunk.  I know his bark/growl sound specific for skunks.  He got back to sleep...I didn't.  Oh well, got five hours.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Gail, we're getting your nighttime lows for our daytime highs, but I'll take it!  Have the door open right now!

• Like 4

• Moderators

The weather is perfect now, loving it!

Okay maybe this is mean, but not if you know the divorce my kids' dad gave me after a loveless 23 year marriage. I took out the bank account and added him onto it, yet 23 years later he went to the bank and took me off of it (keeping our $)...so if someone happens to find our bank account # at the garbage dump...just saying.  Not going to worry about it!

• Sad 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Boggled
19 hours ago, RichS said:

Today Ross and I took a walk to the pond; not too far away from our house. I always find it relaxing there. A time to reflect on my life as it stands these days. For some reason, today I felt as if missing Chris was a "tiny bit" less painful. And yet, I can't explain in words how that came about. I wouldn't call it a turning point, but at least (in my mind) it is a tiny (and I mean tiny) step in my journey to move forward.

Has anybody else had these strange revelations??...............

I think I do!  I do pay attention to my self.  Introverted?  probably.  But it's a good thing to be self-aware, I THINK.  I noticed at Christmas and several days following, I was less sad ... for instance.

Today according to "Planting by the Moon" is supposed to be a planting day for above-ground vegetables.  I guess I'll force myself out there to plant snow peas (but is it too late??  oh well) but though it's another gorgeous day, maybe because I used up a lot of energy yesterday, digging, today it's lassitude.  heh heh heh.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Boggled said:

but is it too late?? 

You won't know unless you try!

• Like 3

• Members
2 hours ago, KayC said:

Positive: no barking dogs last night!

I guess the skunk decided to annoy some other neighbors. Kodie probably got a better night's sleep as well...............

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

I'm so glad for you!  I've often gone to a salvage yard for a car part.  That is great news!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Well I'm glad he didn't have worse to report.  I get arthritis in my fingers horribly, one day this week it was very painful to type.  It's hard to do what I need to do, esp. in the winter.  My heart goes out to you.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

I don't have anything with his voice but I can hear it clearly in my mind, to me, his voice was music to my ears, I'll never forget the first time I heard it...the butterflies!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

I'm so glad you got to see your friend, and also your sister! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, DMB said:

they will be left with a little bit of money, not much, but anything is something and better than nothing.

And it's a whole lot more than my parents left me, which is nothing, my mom left everything to my brother since us five girls didn't count, but alas the dementia care center took all but a couple thousand and he more than earned the pittance he got.

You are taking care of matters for them and that is the great thing!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Members
13 hours ago, Adriennelc said:

10 hour drive home wasn't a lot of fun but mission accomplished.

My goodness!  I’m guessing you drove across the entire country!

• Like 2

• Moderators
widower2
2 hours ago, DMB said:

Daughter is getting married. 

Congrats! 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Yes,  congrats indeed!

I was hoping to post a positive here, maybe tomorrow...someone's little beagle was running all over the neighborhood today, I tried to rouse them, tried calling them, just got back from their place again, it's worse than breaking into the FBI!  This gate is inpenetrable!  Left a note in their mailbox which they won't see until tomorrow.  If my dog was missing I'd be up and down the street talking to neighbors!  Tried and tried calling, can't even leave a message.  A neighbor with pit bulls and a snake has it in his garage!  Scariest neighbor on the street, the last one you'd want to have your sweet little dog!  Wish to God I could get it back with it's owner.  No idea how it got out or how to get it back to him!

• Like 4

• Moderators

Congratulations on your new grandson!  So glad you'll get to see them.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
WithoutHer

This is one especially for Kay because I don't understand but I'm not complaining. My blood sugar has been steady around 105 all day according to my CGM. This is so not typical for me. I'm usually spiking all over the place during the day. I have done the same consumption and insulin as I do every single day and nothing different in my activity. I really am puzzled about it regardless this has been without a doubt a strangely good day for me. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
widower2

My positive initially was a negative...I was watching TV and for some reason the power blinked (not stormy or windy outside). Normally the TV snaps right back on when power comes back on, but not this time. I clicked the remote several times...nothing. I went directly to the TV and hit the power button...nothing. Checked to see if the circuit breaker flipped. Nope. Now I'm thinking great, I have to buy a new TV. I had one last try: unplug it and re-plug it in. That worked; whew.  Mind you I don't watch much TV, but I am very used to having it on all day just for background noise. It was so unsettlingly quiet without it that I turned on the microwave fan just to have some noise going while I was downstairs. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
widower2

Very cool cake!

• Like 2