Top Posters In This Topic

• KayC

• widower2

• RichS

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
ThereIsAField

Do you have Type 1?  Because Type 2 can certainly go into full remission, so I'm guessing that wouldn't be such a surprise...

• Like 3

• Members
WithoutHer
3 minutes ago, ThereIsAField said:

Do you have Type 1?  Because Type 2 can certainly go into full remission, so I'm guessing that wouldn't be such a surprise...

Type 2. Not natural onset but started from chemo in 2003. It's a long story about controlling it over time but some insurance issues caused me to stop paying attention to it. When I had my appendix removed in 2014, I think, my BS was found to be wildly out of control and I was put on insulin with a constant carb diet. No other meds. I have never been this stable or normal except for the one day I previously wrote about. But I also read that diabetic remission isn't truly a remission and can change at any time. So rebound or not I will always be considered diabetic.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
ThereIsAField

Ah okay... that sounds a lot more complicated than "natural onset" type 2. Well done on the current trend of remission, but good that you're being careful and keeping an eye on it.

• Like 3

• Members
foreverhis
On 4/12/2024 at 10:44 AM, KayC said:

They're predicting snow here this week. 

It snowed in the hills here this weekend! Our high on the coast was 46 on Friday and 48 on Saturday. We got 2-1/2 inches of rain between late Friday and noonish today.  Sheesh.

But the positive is that our reservoirs are full and we’re forecast to have decent weather for 10 days with highs in the mid to high 60s.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
WithoutHer
28 minutes ago, ThereIsAField said:

Ah okay... that sounds a lot more complicated than "natural onset" type 2. Well done on the current trend of remission, but good that you're being careful and keeping an eye on it.

Yup I'm going to keep a close eye out for changes. In a way it's kind of spooky that I'm only rising slightly after a so called meal including 55g of carbs. That's my target carb level with the insulin. If Kay saw my usual spiking levels charted she would freak out if they were her own LOL. Sorry Kay but when you post your BS #s I always think what I wouldn't give to have #s like that. Oh well it seems for a while at least now I do and that's while consuming a bunch of carbs. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, WithoutHer said:

But I also read that diabetic remission isn't truly a remission and can change at any time.

I live diabetic remission but you are right, we'll always be diabetics, change what we're doing to control it and find out how quickly it resurges! 

• Like 3

• Moderators

Congratulations!  So exciting! 🥰

Still waiting 2 1/2 days later for a call back from the Mormon Missionaries, nothing, nada, getting nervous.  They don't have to rush over and do the work, just CALL me!

3 1/2 hours sleep last night, thank you to the dog with the shrill loud repetitive bark across the street.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Members
44 minutes ago, KayC said:

They don't have to rush over and do the work, just CALL me!

I know it's the 21st century, but to me COMMUNICATION is always more important than AUTOMATION...............

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, shawnt said:

Yes. 

That is so exciting!  Congratulations, Grandpa!

• Like 2

• Members
WithoutHer

Although for the past 10 years my daily chart has been all over the place my A1C has been considered in control. But if this keeps up I'll be reducing that as well as my insulin to see how I'm doing. My biggest issue is I've always been thin with high metabolism and I need calories to avoid losing weight. My taste and eating issues are a problem there.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
WithoutHer
3 hours ago, shawnt said:

I am a grandfather!!! Beautiful (maybe the most beautiful ever) baby girl.

Mother and baby healthy and happy.

Congratulations. 😊

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Adriennelc
3 hours ago, shawnt said:

Congratulations xx  There is nothing nicer than a newly hatched beautiful baby girl.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

It's beautiful here but cold, glad you have good weather!

• Like 3

• Members
Gail 8588
13 hours ago, shawnt said:

How wonderful!!!!

• Like 3

• Moderators
widower2

ugh 95 is too warm for me even in summer :) 

• Like 4

• Members
Rey Dominguez Jr
18 hours ago, shawnt said:

I am a grandfather!!!

Congratulations! 😍

• Like 2

• Members
11 hours ago, Gail 8588 said:

I filed my taxes.  Historically I have almost always requested an extension.  For the past 4 years I have filed on time.

You're a GREAT AMERICAN!!.......  :)

• Like 2

• Members
1 hour ago, KayC said:

Iris asked for some even though she can't stand pork rinds, which I used in the breading.  With the sauce, cheese, flavors, I doubt she'll notice except I told her.  I just hope to heaven she doesn't throw any away, she literally shudders at the thought of them.

She meant to put them in her refrigerator, but she automatically put them in a cage, instead. 

Oh the thoughts that come to my head with just ONE CUP of coffee!  :)

• Haha 3

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Gail 8588 said:

1) I filed my taxes.

Good for you, quite a feat indeed!  I take mine to a tax person, worth the long trek to town imo, at least this year I didn't have to combat snow.

• Like 2

• Members
Adriennelc

Huge weepy day today - no idea why but it just happened.  Felt the anxiety when I woke up and the day progressed like that.  However, I got the rest of his office cleared out and loads to go to the dump after I do a second cull on it to make sure I'm not throwing out anything important. 🥳   The office is going to become my art studio.  I'm not a great artist but I love burning on wood, making lamps, clocks and whiskey barrel stave candle holders.  I also like to paint but trust me when I say I'm not great at it.
I've just had a couple of little glasses of sherry and that has taken the edge of things.  Good cry which I obviously needed.
Now I have to tackle my tax issues and all the errors made since Ken died.   They have hammered me and stuck me in the 40% tax bracket. Ouch!

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 4

• Moderators

Still wishing for a wow emoticon...for the 40% tax bracket!  Congratulations on getting through getting that room cleaned out so you can have your art studio.  I miss being able to do my stamp art and die cuts, did it for so many years.  George used to watch me, he said I made "happy sounds" and I look puzzled and he said "you know, like whistling and humming and stuff."  He was contented to watch me.

Glad the sherry helped.  Seems alcohol takes the edge off or worsens it, depending on the person. ;)

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
23 minutes ago, Adriennelc said:

Huge weepy day today - no idea why but it just happened.  Felt the anxiety when I woke up and the day progressed like that.  However, I got the rest of his office cleared out and loads to go to the dump after I do a second cull on it to make sure I'm not throwing out anything important. 🥳   The office is going to become my art studio.  I'm not a great artist but I love burning on wood, making lamps, clocks and whiskey barrel stave candle holders.  I also like to paint but trust me when I say I'm not great at it.
I've just had a couple of little glasses of sherry and that has taken the edge of things.  Good cry which I obviously needed.
Now I have to tackle my tax issues and all the errors made since Ken died.   They have hammered me and stuck me in the 40% tax bracket. Ouch!

I understand what you mean.  The sadness and anxiety  comes on all of a sudden.  It is strange.  I can be having a good day, then suddenly break down.  I am going thru Dorothy's personal items as well, which is triggering as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
1 minute ago, Adriennelc said:

It's so difficult.  Feel like I'm throwing his life away and keep apologising to him as I do it.  He was Special Forces in the military so I have all his photos from days in the military.
I think you just need to go with the raw emotion you feel.  ON the third and last sherry of the day as I don't normally drink - honest!!!
Here's to celebrating our wonderful Angels and the love we all shared with them.  I celebrate that.

I tell myself I am disposing of the detritus, but keeping what is important to her and I.  But it is so hard.  EVERYTHING seems important. I ask her what she wants me to keep, and what she is comfortable with giving away and what can be disposed.

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
Adriennelc
7 minutes ago, KayC said:

Still wishing for a wow emoticon...for the 40% tax bracket!  Congratulations on getting through getting that room cleaned out so you can have your art studio.  I miss being able to do my stamp art and die cuts, did it for so many years.  George used to watch me, he said I made "happy sounds" and I look puzzled and he said "you know, like whistling and humming and stuff."  He was contented to watch me.

Glad the sherry helped.  Seems alcohol takes the edge off or worsens it, depending on the person. ;)

I commuted his military pension and took a huge hit in the tax bracket as it was classed as earnings.  Wish I'd taken advice!!!  

1 minute ago, Marq said:

I tell myself I am disposing of the detritus, but keeping what is important to her and I.  But it is so hard.  EVERYTHING seems important. I ask her what she wants me to keep, and what she is comfortable with giving away and what can be disposed.

I can fully identify with that.  Also I tend to swear at him a lot for leaving me!!  Gosh, I miss him so much.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

That is great news!  Except it coming to an end... :(

• Like 2

• Members
WithoutHer
13 minutes ago, KayC said:

That is great news!  Except it coming to an end... :(

Yup what a mystery. Everything I've found specifically about remission discusses metabolic surgery as one the ways to achieve it. 😒 I currently weigh 133 lbs. Are you kidding me LOL! And that includes the weight I have put back on since Vickie and I both lost weight at the same time unfortunately for different reasons.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

I would too!

Unrelated...Iris gave me  ginger ale, after drinking 1/2 of it discovered it has 43 carbs!  I about had a stroke!  I texted her after I got  home, took some supplements and drank green tea with cinnamon and turmeric.  I haven't had that many carbs in 4 1/23 YEARS!  Gave me an instant headache, not used to sugar.  I thought it was diet as that's what she usually buys, shopped a different store.  Will refuse next time, rarely have even diet!

• Like 2

• Moderators

Yesterday I was handed  a soda, I drank 1/2 of it and got a headache and looked at the can, 43 carbs!  I was shocked!  I hurried home, doubled up on berberine, magnesium, and ACV and drank green tea with cinnamon and turmeric.  Kept checking BS, it spiked to 116 but then was in the 90s the rest of the night.  This morning my fasting BS was 94, huge positive although I know the body can make insulin to counter it, which raises insulin resistance if done too often.  Hoping it stays down!  Anyway, that was a huge positive for me!  I work very hard on my diabetes...my husband died from it and part of this is as a tribute to him. ;)  I know he'd be proud of me for my efforts.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

She'd always given me diet before and usually we drink tea.

• Like 2

• Moderators

It does indeed sound like more fun than dusting! :D  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2