• KayC

• widower2

• RichS

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Gail 8588
3 hours ago, widower2 said:

Knock on wood but my investment portfolio has enjoyed the recent surge on the stock market. I just hope we don't have another crash any time soon!

Yeah it is hard to think it can go anywhere but down, the market seems unexplainable high. But I have been thinking that for several years now and it just keeps going up. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

My IRA stills isn't where it was four years ago.

Shoveled snow until bedtime.  Today will be worse. Woke up to a foot, a lot for my little snow blower.

My positive for yesterday was the power came back on, couldn't use the blower w/o power so hand shoveled, skipped eating last night so BS was good.
Heaven help me this weekend with the snow...

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
Gail 8588
1 hour ago, KayC said:

Shoveled snow until bedtime.  Today will be worse. Woke up to a foot, a lot for my little snow blower.

My positive for yesterday was the power came back on, couldn't use the blower w/o power so hand shoveled, skipped eating last night so BS was good.

Thinking of you  in this massive snow storm.   This is too much snow all at once!  Stay safe.

• Like 4

• Members
Gail 8588
1 hour ago, KayC said:

Thinking of you  in this massive snow storm.   This is too much snow all at once!  Stay safe.

I'd  check on your IRA and how it is invested. The market is at an all time high, so your IRA would normally reflect that.  When John died, the Dow was in the 20,000s now it's  at 39,000. Almost double in 7 years. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
widower2
3 hours ago, Gail 8588 said:

I'd  check on your IRA and how it is invested. The market is at an all time high, so your IRA would normally reflect that.  

Depends what it consists of, but generally, yeah...so glad I didn't follow my financial advisor's advice and shift heavy into bonds. But yeah have to wonder where it will end. Anyway

My small positive is my new garden hose arrived today. I don't need it right now, but it was a good sale and the one I have hooked up in the front was not only old and stiff, but I nicked it with the lawn mower last summer. :wacko2: Good excuse to get a new one. Oh my exciting life

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

It's been snowing all day so two more inches to add to that amount.  Not many going out, no sign of the plows.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Marq said:

Today was Dorothy’s funeral.  
But she isn’t really gone

(((hugs)))

• Hugs 1

• Moderators

Thinking of you both. ♥️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
widower2

I know this isn't a positive, but Kay you jinxed me, my power just went out! ;)  

The positive is...um...I have candles?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Oh no! Not me this time.  I hope you aren't jinxing me!  And I hope you got your dinner and that it's just a pole or transformer instead of a substation.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
widower2

I'd already had dinner. And it's back up! The question is will it stay up...but I'm powering my phone right now just in case!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

I did this too after the spill of brownies/dish on the floor, feels good to get it done!

@widower2 So glad you got your power back!  You can ignore my asking in another thread. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

I shouldn't laugh, it's not funny for them, but it's the irony...

• Hugs 2

• Members
ThereIsAField

Well, I figure it's just an annoyance? It's not life-threatening, I assume it's not causing major damage to their house... So I think laughing about it is okay. Also, I think if it was my house, I'd laugh too, just at the sheer ridiculousness of it and how crazy the universe can be.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
Gail 8588
18 hours ago, Rey Dominguez Jr said:

. . .  Was describing what I was doing to Veronica and when I was all done, I could hear her thanking me for cleaning the kitchen and telling me it looks nice now. 

I know just what you mean.  I 'hear' John telling me I've  done a good job on things too. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Hahaha!!!  The tumbleweed video made me laugh!  The first  clip is from my neck of the woods… well, about an hour south of where I live.  Soooo glad that’s not me!!  Luckily for those folks the city has to take care of the problem.  However, who knows how quickly that will be! 

The crazy thing is a few days later we got hit with a big snow storm.  Very cold temps with 8-10” in the valley with several feet in the mountains.  I can only imagine what a horrible mess that was  if the tumbleweeds weren’t cleared out!

• Like 4

• Moderators

I bought a set of  battery operated lanterns, Came with four, have only used one.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Glad for you!  I always did my own until I had a complicated tax credit to use over a five year period, then I went with a friend's recommendation, she got me refunds I'd never had before.  The tax credit has been and gone but I'm still using her.  Probably always will.

You are brave.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Griefsucks810

My positive for the day was that I separated my boneless pork chops from the packet and put them into 2 freezer bags and I did the same with my boneless chicken breasts. Then I washed the dishes in the sink and cleaned out the kitty litter box. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

I just made some terriaki chicken so we have meat and Kodie enjoyed the scraps!  Did the dishes... :)

Just found out she did a parasite cleanse, yep, that would do it!  I offered to bring her dinner but she's not up to it.  She said Kodie and Jazzy can play when she gets home from the groomer.

I was about to put my car away when I found out it's supposed to snow tomorrow night ugh.  So will leave it put.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1