Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

ADC's, Visions & Dreams

cvaughan598

• Members
michellemarie

My mom died on July 25 2006.She had a long battle with cancer. I found out from hospice just how bad she had it.The only part of her body that didn't have it were her calves and below her elbow.I did not tell my mom how bad it was; she already knew she was going to die.

Her and I always talked of the afterlife. She said she wished other people in her life would be open and discuss what she would see after she died. I am so grateful we were that close.I always told her she better come and haunt me and she said she would if it was possible.

Two days after she died I was driving and talking to her and of course crying. I asked her what will I do without her. And that she better come and haunt me. That nite I had a dream that I was reading a book and she whispered in my ear that she will always be with me. It has given me peace but I am still new to grieving for her. She was my life.. I am gonna miss her so much...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DEAR MICHELLMARIE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I AM SO VERY VERY SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAVE LOST YOUR MOM...IT HASNT EVEN BEEN A WEEK..........YOU ARE VERY BLESSED TO ALREADY BE HAVING A DREAM OF HER!!! SHE IS WITH YOU AND WANTS YOU TO KNOW THAT!!!

YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT LOSS OF A CHILD AND THEN ADULT CHILD....THERE IS SOME STUFF ON THERE THAT MAY HELP YOU..I AM MESSENGER ON THERE..WE TALK ABOUT SIGNS AND THINGS..

WE DEALT WITH HOSPICE ALSO...CANCER IS SUCH A TERRIBLE THING....I HATE YOU HAD TO SEE YOUR MOM GO THRU IT....WE LOST OUR 27 YEAR OLD SON TO CANCER AFTER A 6 YEAR BATTLE...HE SAID IT WAS A WIN WIN SITUATION...IF HE GOT BETTER THAT WAS GREAT AND IF HE WENT HOME TO BE WITH THE LORD THAT WAS GOOD TO...HE WAS A VERY STRONG CHRISTIAN...WE LOVE AND MISS HIM SO MUCH...I HAVE PHOTOS OF HIM IN ALOT OF THE ROOMS OF OUR HOUSE..

TALK TO YOUR MOM..SHE IS WITH YOU..YOU ARE NOT ALONE..I TALK TO OUR SON ALL THE TIME AND NO I AM NOT CRAZY....I JUST KNOW HE IS NEARER TO ME NOW THAN HE WAS BEFORE..

THERE ARE SEVERAL PEOPLE WHO WILL HELP YOU THRU YOUR LOSS...I WILL BE GLAD TO DO ANYTHING I CAN..I FEEL SO BAD FOR YOU.....CHECK OUT THE OTHER SITE..AND KNOW I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU MICHELLEMARIE.......FROM MESSENGER

• Members
michellemarie

Thank you so much Messenger for your thoughts and prayers.It has been a very hard week to go thru as today marks 1 week she died. The funeral home called today and said her ashes were ready for me. I don't know how I will feel when I pick them up.

I am so glad I dreamed for her.I know time will bring some peace but there will always be a whole in my heart.

• Members

DEAR MICHELLEMARIE....OH I CAN FEEL YOUR PAIN...IT WILL BE HARD FOR YOU TO GET YOUR MOMS ASHES...................KNOW SHE IS OK..SHE IS AT PEACE AND NO LONGER SUFFERING IN THIS CRAZY WORLD...YOU,I AND ALL THE OTHERS ON THESE SITES ARE THE ONES GRIEVING..THEY WOULD NOT WANT THAT..MY SON COMES TO MY SISTER IN HER DREAMS..I WISH HE WOULD COME TO ME..BUT I THINK SOMETIMES YOU ARE TOO CLOSE TO THEM...HE WAS COMING AROUND FOR 6 MONTHS AND NOW NOTHING...I KNOW IN TIME...HE WILL BE BACK AND GIVE ME MORE SIGNS....HE TOLD MY SISTER HE IS WITH ME MORE NOW THAN HE WAS WHEN HE WAS ON THIS EARTH..NOT TO BE SO SAD..

PICK UP YOUR MOMS ASHES...YOU WILL FEEL CLOSER TO HER HAVING THEM...ARE YOU GOING TO SCATTER THEM OR KEEP THEM.....IS THERE SOMETHING SHE LOVED ..WATER...???SOME PEOPLE SCATTER SOME OF THEM IN A PLACE THEIR LOVED ONES LOVED..YOU WOULD BE LEAVING PART OF THEM THERE...

ANY TIME YOU NEED TO TALK ...I WILL BE HERE..I LOST MY MOM 10 YEARS AND THE PAIN IS STILL THERE...ESPECIALLY ON HOLIDAYS..BUT IT DOES GET EASIER...WE ALL HAVE TO GO THRU STEPS OF GRIEVING......IT WILL TAKE AWHILE...JUST TELL YOUR MOM HOW MUCH YOU LOVE HER WHEN YOU GET THE ASHES..SHE KNOWS ...BUT SAY IT..SHE WILL HEAR YOU AND KNOW YOUR EVERY THOUGHT AND FEAR....SHE IS WITH YOU STILL MICHELLE MARIE...ONLY ON A DIFFERENT LEVEL....GOD BLESS YOU AND FILL YOUR HEART WITH HIS PEACE..........................

• Members
michellemarie

I can't even describe the feelings I had when I went to pick up her remains.It was like this is my mom.She wanted her ashes put between her parents gravemarkers. So I will be doing that next year. I'd like to do it on her birthday

Her 2 friends have called me and beat around the bush about her wanting some of her ashes taken to S.C. Now this is new to me. She stated to me weeks ago her wishes.One of her friends said she would like it if I sent them to her and she would put them at my mom's parents graves. I just don't understand why they feel they are entitled to even ask me this. I of course declined this. She is my mom.

I cried the other nite because all my life I have been there for my mom; and now I feel not needed anymore. Does that make sense? When she and my dad divorced she always told people that she wouldn't know what she'd do if it wasn't for me. She apologized to me 14 years ago for taking away my childhood. And I told her things were hard then.It was my place to assist her if I could. I don't regret a moment of it. Family sticks together.

• Members

Hi Everyone...I'm new here but thought I would copy and paste a message I placed in the "death of a teenager" board....because this is truly an ADC and I want to share this with those of you who have also experienced this. I have other communications (over 8) dealing with the number 3 that have come up over and over....feeling there is a strong significance or meaning of this.. so strange but then, maybe not.

Thanks everyone for your heartfelt replies to my message (sorry it was so long...I probably could have gone on more though in my crazy state). I have taken something helpful from each of you and I did not realize just how good this would feel to connect with other parents who have been traumatized by our losses. Today, we spent coming up with wording for a letter which Matt's coach wants completed to perpetuate his #70 jersey. The linemen will vote early season on who will have the honor of wearing #70...exemplifying all the qualities that made Matt such a strong and courageous fighter, etc. We created a beautiful letter honoring Matt...he would have been proud. Artina, Yes I have had communication with Matt. A couple of weeks before he passed, each of us in our family had a tattoo done as a remembrance of Matt....we each came up with something very personal and special...I chose to put a replica of his baby hand "patting" my shoulder as Matt was the most huggy and affectionate child...Under the little flesh colored hand (on my shoulder) I had the words "Until...." with a halo over the U. I had never had a tattoo, so Matt was not sure I was going through with it. He gave me a thumbs up and we both agreed that the halo could be a little brighter. Matt had also told me that he promised he would give me a sign that life goes on...he volunteered this...because I had just told him that I had waited for my mom to give me a sign three years before and I had not heard from her. Three days after he passed, I woke up at 3 am feeling a cool chill on my arm outside the covers...I immediately "felt" Matt and I tried to wake my husband up...I said "Matt is here...I can feel him". He was asleep of course and ignored me. Then, on the ceiling where I was turned facing over a family portrait was a halo glowing....it was gold in the center and radiated light across the picture and the wall...I blinked several times to see if it was real...I KNEW it was Matt...what better way to show me than a halo....I asked my husband if he saw it and he did not...I cried and questioned him over and over...did someone come up the stairs and turn on our light...was the radio light on....etc....it was completely dark in the room....as I questioned my husband...I could hear and "felt" Matt say "stop mom....I was here...believe".....then I began to smile and such peach and joy overcame me....I've heard from him several times since, but nothing as phenomenal as this.....it took so much will and energy for him to appear to me in such a grand way...I doubt he had much left....when I doubt myself these last few weeks, it seems he appears in some strange way again to reassure me.....our children do go on....I'm not sure if it is "heaven" as we might imagine...or some dimension of time and space we do not understand....we only use a small portion of our brains so maybe this is where our children try to connect..especially when we are relaxed and our minds are at rest. I have always been skeptical of things like this...but I do believe...I have much more to tell...but running our of my time.....maybe tomorrow. Thanks again all of you....I think this journey will be easier if I have someone to connect to who does not judge me or wishes that I would get on with life

• Members

Hello,

My dad died in November of 1998. I can't recall how soon after his death that I began having dreams. I've had several...more than 5...less than 10. Each dream was different, but the "theme" of the dream was ALWAYS the same. He told me in each dream that he was okay...and that everything was okay. I have a love-hate relationship with my dreams...I love it when I'm in one, but I hate waking up and not being with my dad.

• Members
nicolebrooke

Yes Blackmoon,

I love dreams of my brother too. But it is so bittersweet when I wake up and realize that is the best it will ever be forever.

• Members

Michellemarie:

How did your mother die?

My mother took her life on January 16, 2006.

me and my husband had to drive 8 hours to arrange a funeral service and then take her ashes to my house only to arrange a second funeral.

She left me no instruction and gave no one clues.

Years ago she apologized to me for my childhood and I never blamed her.

I thanked her because my childhood made me who I am today.

I have horrible memories of the dark 2 months after she died.....there were so many people involved in the planning of her funeral, that it amazed me....I was her only daughter, who did they think they were?

I decided to bury her in the ground next to my father....

It was the best decision I ever made....not long after I began having visitations from her...about 6 so far.

The last one was this past Saturday....

I miss her so much.

• Members
michellemarie

Sarahg13, My mom died of cancer.She knew afew years back she had cancer but didn't want to do anything about it . She was tired. She wanted to come up here and die. I feel such a peace about that because she was able to do what she wanted.

Afew days before she died I went and made the funeral arrangements as I know I would not be in any state to do it afterwards. But to go in there and plan it all; picking out the prayer cards and the poems was hard. Going to pick out her outfit was hard but I did it.

To know she is no longer in any pain makes it easy but like you I miss my mom something fierce. I don't think it has set in yet that I will never see her again.

I have had only 1 deam about her. I told her months before she died that she better come haunt me and she said if it can be done she will!!! I would love to see her even for one time for the rest of my life. I miss her flaughter, her comebacks and our trips down memory lane we did so much.

There's noone like your mom . Ever

• Members

Good Morning all, I'm in kind of a funk this morning. My husband came to see me again yesterday morning. In my dream he was propped on our bed and he was telling me that he wanted to go with me, to be with me. I am trying to move on in my grieving process, so I went away for a few days to recharge my emotional battery. I just got back from vacation at my sisters in S. Carolina and by coincidence Stanley used to live in the same area. Of course I spent alot of time missing him, talking about him and wishing he was there. So I think what's bothering me is that I thought that once you entered the kingdom, there was no more discontentment. I wasn't prepared for him sounding so sad. I know that he loves me and he knows that there is nothing I would want more than for him to still be here. We are soulmates and it would seem that our love has transcended death. Just makes the loss feel even worse. I hope everyone has a blessed day.

• Members
momsbabygirl

Well, it's been a while since I've visited the site. I had a visit from my Mom last night. I walked in the back door of the apt. she passed away in, which my Dad moved out of 11 months later. As I closed the door, I heard the front door close and as I looked through the house to see who it was, I saw Mom standing there with a big smile on her face. I said, "It can't be you. What are you doing here?" (meaning in this World). She said, "Oh it's me and I'm really here!" I walked towards her saying, "No you're not watch." Convinced that I was going to walk through her. As I reached her, I bumped into her and was amazed! I lit up. I said, "Oh my God! You're really here!" She just smiled back and said, "Yup, that's what I told you." I asked her for a hug and she gave me the biggest most comforting hug I've had in a long time. I don't remember much after that. We chatted for a short time, but just the usual how are you, what have you been up to type of chatting. I don't remember how the visit ended but I woke up this morning feeling absolutley amazing! I feel so connected to my Mom and miss her so much. These visits, although too far apart, are wonderful! I love you Mom and miss you more than anything!

• Members

I can't remember if I have ever posted here, but I wanted to share something that happened. I wanted to see if anyone else thinks it was possibly a sign from my mom.

Last night while eating supper, it was just my 3yr old son and 6month old daughter, my husband was at his parents house. I was feeding my daughter and talking with my son about how his day was while he was eating. All of a sudden one of my son's toys starts going crazy talking. I had thought it was in the living room as I recognized which toys noise it was. My son kept saying "no mom, it was upstairs". Once it stopped I took a peek in the toy box in the living room thinking it was in there and the toys shifted causing it to go off. It wasn't in there. So I told my son he must have been right it was probably upstairs. I said to him jokenly maybe it was your nana Angel playing tricks on us. As soon as I said that the toy went off again instantly. We just looked at each other. The toy never made another peep from that point on. Later I had gone upstairs and sure enough that toy was upstairs sitting in the middle of his room with nothing around it. You really have to push the buttons to make it make noise. My cat was with us the entire time so it wasn't her. Is it possible.... was my mom letting us know she was there???

• Members
momsbabygirl

Charsmom2 ~

Sounds like our moms have been busy lately making sure we know they're still with us! As I recall, you lost your mom on June 9, 2005 as well. Other than a couple of dreams, I haven't had too many signs from Mom, but my father has had many strange occurrances since her passing. We always tell him it's Mom making sure he knows she's still around! I think that it makes us all feel closer to that person when something like this happens. It's incredible that as soon as you mentioned your mom to your son, the toy started up again. I'd definitely take it as a sign...

• Members

Background... Shelley and I met on the 'net across country. Her mother passed away the day before I first met her face-to-face, so our first "date" was her mom's funeral. Shelley frequently had dreams with her parents, and firmly believed they were real. She promised me before she left that she would visit me as well. Shelley died on July 17th after a long fight with oral cancer. So far I've had no visit.

But, last Saturday I did get a visit from her mom. This is what I wrote down after I woke up.

I was dreaming that Shelley and I were coping with something. It

didn't seem like she was sick, per se, just that we had a lot to

deal with. She had invited her mother to come over for a visit to

help out. It felt like her mom was living an hour or so away across

the state. In Greenville maybe. She came in the door and I saw her

vividly. She was a bit younger than the pictures I've seen, and in

good health. I said "Hi Mom!" as she came in the door. She said "so

this is my son in law that I've heard so much about." We shared a

long hug. Shelley must have answered her, but I don't remember her

saying anything.

I didn't see any more of her mom in the dream, but I knew she was around to help Shelley. I keep hoping Shelley will contact me for herself. That experience gives me some faith that she will.

• Members

hello i lost my boyfriend almost 2 months ago and im still waiting for the autopsy results on the cause of death. anyway a few weeks before he died, he was at my house sitting at the kitchen table and my niece who's 18 months now was on the other side and she walked over to him with a smile on her face and was talking to him in baby talk she was so friendly and so sweet the last time my boyfriend saw her was when she was reallysmall that was on christmas night she was about 10 months so she doesnt know him , i was wondering if that was some kind of a sign that maybe she knew something was going to happen or was it just a coincidence, i know that babies and young children are psychic and can see spirits but ive never seen her do that before not with a stranger, can anyone explain this to me? also his twin sister has had lots of dreams about her brother(my boyfriend) that he's okay and at peace. i was wondering why haven't i had any dreams about him ?

• Members
momsbabygirl

melly,

I think that if our loved ones are contacting us from the other side, they do so when they know that we are ready to handle it. My Mom didn't visit me for 7 months, and until then, I know I could not have handled a visit and when she was alive, she knew that I was terrified of visits from spirits. She did visit my niece and her sister the night after her passing however. Their visits were almost identical, yet they live in separate towns and don't ever really see or talk with each other except at family events. Obviously, being twins, your boyfriend and his sister have a connection that non-twins can never relate to or understand. I hope that for now, you can find comfort in knowing that he is contacting his sister and that he is ok and at peace...

• Members

new here havnt had a chance to read all this board.. is there a forum of chat of anyone experienceing flashbacks hearing that dreaded call u got about the loss of someone very close.... need advice support got that bad im under a doc and would like to hear from anyone who has had same.?

• Members

Hello kitshad, First of all, I join all the many many wonderful people here that are sorry you are suffering the loss of a loved one. You will probably get a LOT of responses to your question. Yes, a million times I have heard each word, the tone of voice each person involved had (April's sister from her classroom and April's husband from the site of the accident while I was trying to get there). I will NEVER forget any of the words or the desperation in their voices and the tough part about not being able to HELP anyone, not being able to "fix it" like I as their mom always did. The phone call play themselves back many times and it just about wipes me out everytime. Hope you will be able to share what has happened; so many here really do understand. Take Care, Renee

• Members
momsbabygirl

kitshad ~

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't tell you how many times that phone call plays over in my head. I live in a different state from my family and was woken up by the call. I remember every single word my sister, dad, brother and I said and every cry, deep breath and quiver in their voices and mine. It took me an hour before I could even get out of bed after that call and another 3 hours to pack. I just stood in front of the closet staring at the clothes inside and then I would walk away and pace around the room or into another room. I remember it all as if it were yesterday and it's still gut wrenching to think about and it comes to me at the oddest moments...

• Guests

This site is so beautiful. I sit here daily and bawl my eyes out. I too have had some experiences with ADC, dreams, etc...I have been fortunate not to lose someone recently. My grandfather died when I was 3 years old. However, I believe that recently I have found a previous soulmate from another life, and that he has preceeded me in death many lifetimes. Now let me clarify in case you all think I am too crazy...I believe in reincarnation, past lives, and soulmates. I believe that this man I recently met has been someone that I have shared many lifetimes with. I am pretty intuitive, see and hear "things", what some people call, clairsentient. I "know" Dave and I have shared lifetimes together and I also know he has given his life to save mine before. He just told me the other evening that he has a terminal illness that could be prolonged by a kidney transplant. As soon as he told me this things started to "click". I believe that we met again for me to try and help him, in whatever capacity is viable and possible. Whether organ donation or just love and patience...I know in my heart and soul that during this lifetime I can reciprocate the love and kindness he has shown me in past lives. I would be honored to give my life to save this man. He has 3 children, I have none. I am healthy and I would be honored to give him my kidney, if my organ is a match.

Anyway, I bring this story here b/c I sense that despite my best efforts, I do believe that he will again preceed me in passing over. Each time after I see him lately and we depart I have this overwhelming sorrow fill my heart and soul. I can't explain it other than it feeling like grief and mourning. I believe I have lost him before, which gives credence to these feelings that manifest.

If anyone can relate...great. If not, please don't kick me from the thread. ;) It has been a great find.

One last thing. I have what I call a "squatter ghost" who is quite the trickster. He has turned on water, opens drawers, etc...He hasn't been around for awhile until 3 weeks ago when someone broke into my home and molested me (fortunatley, I was not raped). This squatter ghost is back with a vengence but keeping quiet. I just can sense he is there, standing on the side of my bed, protecting me. You see, I was asleep when the intruder came in. I had inadvertently left my balcony door open...so nighttime has been frightening since. This squatter stands over me as protection.

Thanks for listening and hope i didn't scare anyone too badly.

• Members
momsbabygirl

It's been over a year since my mother passed. A few weeks ago, I asked her for a sign that she was around and still with me. This week, I found out that I am pregnant (it was our first time trying). Do you think there's a connection? I have a family member who passed a few days before the birth of another family member and that baby is grown now and feels a very strong connection to the family member who passed....do you think there could be a connection to my mother and this baby? Is this her sign?

• Members

Hello. I am new to all of this; site ect.

My Soulmate of 6 years died last August 18. The one year marker just went by.

He was a young 37 years and died suddenly of heart failure. My children and I were with him at home and watched his spirit leave. The parametics and ER worked on him for 45 minutes. He was put on lifesupport for 4 days until the tests came back showing brain death. I knew when we were at home that he was gone, they just worked so hard on him that his body was kept alive but his soul was gone.

I have been very strong for everyone, mostly my kids.... But the past 3 weeks I havent been able to control my grief, it has hit me like it all happened yesterday.

I have always been what I call a dreamer. I have always had very vivid dreams in great details of things that are to come. I have conversations with my loved ones, alive or passed. Since my Dough's death, I have only had 3 dreams or ANY sort.

I have had many things happen that show me he is with me in spirit, I hear him, smell him, and sometimes catch a glimps. My cats play in the air like they are playing with someone. In my heart I know they play with Dough.

Why dont I dream anymore? How do I get past this block?

• Members

FROSTI,,,HELLO...IT IS SO HARD WHEN YOU LOSE A LOVED ONE AND THEN YOU PRAY TO DREAM OF THEM AND REMEMBER THE DREAM...AND ...YOU DONT DREAM OF THEM........I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS AND THAT YOU ARE HAVING A HARD TIME NOT BEING ABLE TO DREAM...I TOO AFTER THE DEATH OF MY SON JUNE OF 05 HAVE NOT HAD ANY DREAMS OF HIM AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY..WE WERE SO CLOSE AND I CANT BELIEVE HE WOULDNT COME TO ME IN MY DREAMS..ETC..MY CAT THAT SLEPT ON HIS BED THE DAY AND HALF HE WAS HOME BEFORE HE DIED...PLAYS WITH THINGS I CANT SEE..I KNOW IT IS JAMES..BUT NO DREAMS....MAYBE SOMEONE ON HERE CAN HELP US BOTH..I FEEL FOR YOU..IT IS LIKE THEY ARE TOTALY GONE AND WE KNOW BETTER THAN THAT!!! JUST BLOCKING IT FOR SOME REASON..IF I FIND OUT ANYTHING I WILL LET YOU KNOW..SEEMS WE GO ON FOR A WHILE AND THEN SOMEONE ..SOMETHING..SOME SMELL..SOME MEMORY WILL OPEN THOSE FLOOD GATES.........MINE HAVE BEEN OPEN ALOT LATELY.....I HOPE YOU SOON WILL BE ABLE TO HAVE A LONG DREAM OF YOUR SOULMATE AND BE ABLE TO REMEMBER IT FULLY............MESSENGER

• Members

Hi there,

I know what you are talking about Frosti. I know that there are LONG periods where I can't dream and feel this incredible NEED to want to see my James. He is still here with me. I know this for on Tuesday morning, this past week, he came and called my name. I was FULLY awake for this. I was sitting in our lunch room listening to the news on Tropical Storm Ernesto. I live in Florida and it is the first storm that James has not been here to set our home up for it.

I was relieved to hear my name called by him. At least I knew he was going to protect me from what I have always feared...

James comes and goes, but I always know that when I really want him and or need him, he will be there.

I pray for your dreams to come soon,

Trish

• Members

Why can I not feel or see or smell my dad?why do others see him??My aunt says my dad comes to her when she is at my mom and dad's home..the ceiling fan she says knocked four times at midnight before the storms brewed in Florida..telling my family to put the Hurricane shutters up for ernesto or others will follow...and family members did just that...my mother says my father has come to her as well.she calls out daddy's name...I how ever look in my backyard where he use to sit,,I see nothing and where he sat in my living room or even my front porch..nothing..i see or hear..i sleep restlessly and wonder of his whereabouts how I wish I could see him..I miss him terrible how do I get through this how??its been august 7th 2006 and I see know SIGNS///where is he?where?

• Members

PRINCESSDSS.. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL..IT IS TERRIBLE TO KNOW THEY ARE OUT THERE AND OTHERS ARE SEEING THEM AND HEARING THEM..BUT YOU NOR I CAN SEE ,,HEAR FROM OUR LOVED ONES...I DONT KNOW WHY..MAYBE WE WERE TOO CLOSE AND MAYBE WE ARE NOT OPEN ENOUGH..BUT I KNOW MY SON AND I PROMISED EACH OTHER..WE BOTH HAD CANCER..HE DIED ONE YEAR AGO AFTER 6 YEAR BATTLE WITH HODGKINS....THAT WHOEVER WENT FIRST WE WOULD LET THE OTHER KNOW ......WE WERE STILL THERE..I WILL SAY..HE COULD ONLY WHISPER IN HIS LAST DAYS DUE TO TUMOR...I TOUCHED HIS LIPS AFTER HE DIED AND REMINDED HIM OF OUR PROMISE..I TURNED TO WINDOW AND I HEARD HIM SAY MOM...........IN A VERY LOUD CLEAR VOICE..I TURNED AND ASKED WHAT JAMES........ONLY TO SEE HIM LAYING THERE GONE..ON HIS BED....HE WAS LETTING ME KNOW..I HAVE TO THINK OF IT AS THEM BEING VERY BUSY ON THE OTHER SIDE...........MAYBE THAT IS WHY YOU HAVENT HAD ANY SIGNS YET...OF YOUR DAD...DONT GIVE UP I AM SURE HE WILL AND MY SON WILL LET US KNOW THEY ARE NEAR SOONER OR LATER....HANG IN THERE HONEY.......HE IS WITH YOU MORE NOW THAN EVER...MESSENGER

• Members

I almost missed this one...

Last night was a particularly lonely one for me. The game wasn’t very fulfilling and I quit early. I decided to cheer myself up by calling my friend K. I had been watching TV before I called, so I left it on but muted the sound. The movie that started about the time I made the call was Sister Act 2.

We were chatting along about this and that, and K was telling me about this strange pamphlet she’d picked up at some store or waiting room. It was called something like “Wisdom Guide” and was a sort of classified ad for all sorts of New Age services: aura readings, astrology, fung shui and so on. She commented that there was only one entry under “Exorcists,” but there was another under “Ghosts.” I wondered what the difference was, perhaps one got rid of ghosts, and the other was merely interested in contacting them for you.

Very soon after, I noticed the scene on Sister Act. There was one girl staring, watching something over the layout of memory candles in a church. At that point, I smelled candles in my room. The scented ones that I used to buy as gifts for Shelley towards the end, and burn in the bedroom for her. I haven’t opened or lit any of the remaining candles in multiple weeks, so I have no “earthly” idea where the smell came from. I told K about it, and said jokingly that perhaps I needed that exorcist after all. And then I thought about it and realized that if this was a ghost, it’s the one that I’ve wanted to hear from again for nearly 2 months now.

• Members

DEAR cjbnc1 WOW I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU...YOU HAVE............HAD A SIGN FROM YOUR LOVED ONE SHELLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY KNOW WHEN YOU ARE DOWN.............I PRAY SHE CONTINUES TO LET YOU KNOW SHE IS AROUND A LOT MORE OFTEN..IT IS OF SO MUCH HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO MUCH COMFORT TO US WHEN OUR LOVED ONES LEAVE SIGNS!!...AGAIN.. I AM VERY VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!! MESSENGER

• Guests

Okay . . . just learning to get around this site, and decided this would be the most appropriate place to ask my question. Jan. 2001, I "asked" when my baby would be born, since she was very overdue. The dream that came to me was a little girl of one year dressed in a purple top and pink bottoms. My mother was holding her hand, and she was taking her first steps. Feb. 6, 2001, Lyliaani Cada was born, and died. It was entirely sudden and unexpected; everything had been perfect: uncomplicated pregnancy, two young and wonderfully loving parents, etc. 5 months later, I was pregnant again with another baby girl--who sent me a dream to name her Tatiana Joy. Dreams upon dreams: I "asked" if my baby Lyl would ever be reborn to us again. I was shown a brunette girl riding on a horse, then two boys. AFter my second daughter was born, I had another dream: 3 pictures on a hallway, 1 girl, 2 boys. Signs: purple roses, very clear and adamant "sensings" of my baby, her name misspelled on her plaque to a name of a living child, pink/purple combos everywhere I look, a remembered dream of a 5-yr old girl looking at me, trying to tell me something, who looked exactly like my spouse. OKAY. Sep. 14, 2006: I have been pregnant for 21 weeks. The baby "feels" and reminds me of Lyl, but the ultrasound clearly showed a boy! (Who looks astonishingly like his father). Real hard lessons about facing my pain for real; even if my daughter is "reborn", I still have to say goodbye; I can't escape the pain by "replacing" her with an exact replica. My probing question: what is known/believed about babies returning to their families?

• Members

I haven't had a dream of my dad or even hear him or felt him or seen him..i looked for him yesterday at the shed he would have stood making his crafts but he was not their waaving back at me saying by....he wasn't their in the screen porch as he was July 23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30...so long ago but not...i can't hear him or smell him I feel like I don't know if he made it on the other side..I can't live this day in and day out life without knowing...are you okay daddy?are you?Will I see you again?please call me..Give me a sign///please dad i need to know..mom is sick now more than ever before and she is wanting to be with you..i don't know what to do losing you both

• Members

PRINCESSDSS.............I FEEL SO BAD FOR YOU............YOUR DAD WAS AT THE SHED...HE IS NEAR YOU MORE NOW THAN EVER..YOU JUST CANT SEE HIM...HE WILL LET YOU KNOW HE IS AROUND YOU...........IT IS SO HARD BELIEVE ME I KNOW....I HATE TO HEAR YOUR MOTHER IS NOT WELL TOO.....I HOPE AND PRAY HE GIVES YOU BOTH A SIGN SOON..........IT MAY TAKE AWHILE......DONT GIVE UP....WE ARE HERE FOR YOU...THERE ARE SO MANY HERE FILLED WITH SO MUCH WISDOM AND KNOW WHAT TO SAY..I AM NOT GOOD BUT I TRY......YOU CAN WRITE ME ANYTIME..

MESSENGER..............KEEPING YOU AND YOUR MOTHER IN MY PRAYERS

• Members
bodhibutterfly

Its odd, since I have somewhat New Agey beliefs ,I was almost anticpating that my recently deceased boyfriend with give me a sign. ( He passed Sept 5 2006) I guess I was more worried about \"when\" and \"how\" The days after I got the news I was so out of it I think any sort of sign wouldve been missed or maybe, I wasnt in the mindstate that could handle it. I asked God to send him to me in my dreams, since I am typically a \" dreamer\" . I've had vivid dreams, but he hasnt been in them. We were very close, and we spent quite a bit of time together at my homesince his shcool & job were minutes away. The only weirdness Ive experienced is that the night before the funeral, ( also a full moon) my two adopted kittens ( outside cats, but he & I interacted with them) were acting strange. They are very cautious, and while I feed them daily, they still run from me unless I have food with me. One of the kittens jumped up on the ledge on my front door ( it has a shelf- like design) and it sat there. Its also kept scratching the window but I rationalized it and attributed to the kitten trying to maintain its balance on a ledge not made for kittens. The firsts time it happened, I went outside and shooed the kitty away. Minutes later ,it happened again, and I just cried. I asked myself : is it him?\" Is he here?\" It hasnt happened again since that night.

The other kitty has been trying to get onto my sun porch ( i crack the door from time to time) Mind you they are cautious, but they seem to be more familiar as of late. I turned my head and the kitten was curled up on the couch, a spot that is probably imprinted with my boyfriend\'s backside. My house isnt air conditioned, so we spent a great deal of time out there with the doors open at night. I hadnt yet bought screens because I\'d only been there 6 months and hadnt had regular work.

I am curious about whether or not anyone has experienced similar behavior with animals. Ive always read that animals are more sensitive to \"spirits\".and they are also sensitive to the emotional goings on of their owners. These aren\'t house cats, but I feed them and interact with them everyday..they\'ve also become my companions. I find myself talking to them more than usual ( not to worry, they\'re not talking back! ;) But they do seem to be less afraid of me since he passed.....

• Members

The Friday night before my Dad died, I dreamed that I was back in my home town and at the funeral home. In this dream, an old friend came walking in to see me. I called this friend on Saturday to see if he was okay, since I normally have dreams like this only when something is about to happen. Little did I know, that I would lose my Dad 4 days later. My Dad died on 9/12. Why have I not heard from him? I miss him so very much.

• Guests

It has been 3 months to my mum's passing,last week saturday night 12 weeks to the day i was woken with a jolt i could then feel a very strong praesence of her looking over me at the side of my bed,i shut my eyes and opened them 3 times expecting to see her the presence was that strong i didn't see her so i shut my eyes again and said in my mind i love you mum what am i going to do straight away after i said that my mum's voice like a very high pitch recording spoke back to me and said what do you mean what are you going to do then she shouted my name then all i can describe it was was a strong force was holding my body down and it went all through my body i got frightend and opened my eyes quick and it released from me my body and bedroom went cold i had goose bumps all over me and i could still feel her presence but she moved further back in the room i said mum its you usn't it it was so unreal i was in shock she stayed with me and after about half an hour i drifted back to sleep,now im scared not with my mum's presence or her talking to me im scared of the force or energy that i was unable to move i sleep with the lamp on now and feel guilty because im frightend of my dear mum,she has 6 kids and i was very close to her we shared many good holidays together,i have tryed talk to my brothers and sisters about it to reasure them that death isn't final and mum's in the sprit my sisters beleive me but not my brothers i would never make something like this up about my mum i loved her and still do dearly please anyone out there experiened this or knows about this sort of thing im going to go a spiriulist churh with my sister i looking for answers she probably wont come again because im a coward like i was when she died i couldn't bear to be there watch her take her lasr breats and she was asking for me is this why she came because i wasn't there to say goodbuy im very confused thanks Angelika x

• Guests

Angelica X

I just want to say that I think that your mom may have came to visit you in your dream, to help you. You feel guilty about not being there, but your mom understands. I recently lost my grandmother(6/4/06) , and we were very close. I was there when she passed away, the five days that she slowly died. I saw her take her last breath, and it was the hardest thing that I have had to go through in my entire life. I have been having dreams, dreams about her as she was sick. But shortly after she died, I had a dream where I was with her when she was sick, but she told me not to hold her wings when she died. There was a point when she was dying that she grabbed me, began to cry, and said I don't want to leave you. This was how she grabbed me in the dream to tell me not to hold her wings. I think that she came to me in the dream, to "ask me" if she could go. She wanted to know if I was okay, as she did before she died by telling me that she didn't want to leave me. I think that your mom came to check on you, and I do not think that you should fear this. It was scary when my Grandma came to me, but now it is sort of comforting. And you shouldn't have to feel guilty about not being there when she died. Everyone handles death in their own way, but if the grief is too bad and your feeling so guilty that you can't function, then you should get professional help. I know that a lot of Universities that have counseling graduate programs, will counsel for free (the grad students are counseling under a PhD).

• Members

I had a dream today, and I was during a nap. I was in and out of being awake or so I thought. Then, I found some stuff that was my Grandma's who has been in Heaven since 6-4-06. I found old pictures of her in my room. When I woke up, I kind of thought about it. I don't actually have those pictures, but it almost felt like my Grandma wanted to show me the pictures, to let me know that she is still with my. I keep having subtle dreams with her in them. She isn't always the main action within the dream, but she is there. I used to have dreams about her being sick, and the dying process (like reliving it again) but I haven't had one of those in a while. Now it seems as though she is just there, maybe to comfort me. Today it is 5 months since she died...

• Members

For All~ My son Danny departed in June of 2004. He came to me and held my hand as he walked into Heaven, and the experience was as real as his birth was. He was due on Halloween and born on Halloween in 1978. He has left TONSSSS of signs- You can go to the photo section of his website at http://daniel-pallick.memory-of.com and see some that are posted there~ Just a few of the many that have been photographed since his crossing over. He leaves LOTS of "hearts", and has left LOTS of coffee spill "hearts" on the kitchen counter. In June, we had a new countertop put down- White shiny tile- This morning I asked him for a miracle doggie story, as I lit his candle- One of our 4 doggies has to have a heart test done tomorrow- An echocardiogram. I got up, went to pour my coffee, picked up my cup, and there was a BEAUTIFUL coffee heart!!! With love, forever from my Danny, I have no doubt... A very "connected to the other side" acquaintence once told me that Danny had said to her in his visits to her to tell us to be aware of the number 4- It would randomly appear at times, and catch our attention. Well, it was 6:44 when I went to thank him on his website, as I lit another candle...I just wanted to share this with all of you. Know that your loved ones are there with you...Feel free to email me at huntross4@aol.com I love you all~xoxoxmamabets

• Members
For All~ My son Danny departed in June of 2004. He came to me and held my hand as he walked into Heaven, and the experience was as real as his birth was. He was due on Halloween and born on Halloween in 1978. He has left TONSSSS of signs- You can go to the photo section of his website at http://daniel-pallick.memory-of.com and see some that are posted there~ Just a few of the many that have been photographed since his crossing over. He leaves LOTS of \"hearts\", and has left LOTS of coffee spill \"hearts\" on the kitchen counter. In June, we had a new countertop put down- White shiny tile- This morning I asked him for a miracle doggie story, as I lit his candle- One of our 4 doggies has to have a heart test done tomorrow- An echocardiogram. I got up, went to pour my coffee, picked up my cup, and there was a BEAUTIFUL coffee heart!!! With love, forever from my Danny, I have no doubt... A very \"connected to the other side\" acquaintence once told me that Danny had said to her in his visits to her to tell us to be aware of the number 4- It would randomly appear at times, and catch our attention. Well, it was 6:44 when I went to thank him on his website, as I lit another candle...I just wanted to share this with all of you. Know that your loved ones are there with you...Feel free to email me at huntross4@aol.com I love you all~xoxoxmamabets
The signs ae so wonderful.Keren sends me a lot of signs also.We live for them.It comforts us so much.I have been saying prayers for your sweet little doggie.((HUGS TO YOU}} love,Louise

• Members

For Txlouise~ Thanks so much for your sweet prayers- I am wigged out waiting for this appointment- I have angel stones going, an angel pin that Jackie had given Danny- Came across some fabulous cards from Danny~ Beautiful writings from both of them to me~ Nesting, kind of- Just trying to prepare for a little miracle with my Cody...He is such a loyal little guy!! What will be, already is, so I just have to "listen" carefully... This little doggie is not ready to go yet!! Dean will be with us, so that's a big help- He is the steady calm in my steady storm...I love you! xoxoxomamabets

• Members

Hi to the people who remember me from a while back and Hi to everyone I don't know!,

I haven't been on in a while. Reason being that I don't seem to be able to express what I am feeling very well. At first it came pouring out on to the screen after several months went by from my brother's death. But then frustration and a little bit of a problem with my belief system has made it hard to put into words anything about this journey.

I just want you guys to know to keep writing, because it helps.

I do have a specific question. Since my brother passed away 1 1/2 years ago, I have from time to time seen someone who looked like him for a split second and then I look harder and see that it isn't him. THAT I can understand. But a couple of days ago, I was turning left at an intersection and staring at me from a red truck was my brother. Well of course I didn't have long but I looked harder and opened my eyes wider to find the part of this man's face to prove that it wasn't my brother and he just looked right back at me. And it was him. It shook me up.

Now I KNOW it wasn't him because I saw him dead in the coffin. I am not crazy. But I feel crazy!! Am I crazy?? You guys can be honest with me because I know you understand my pain and desire to see him. But I wasn't even thinking about him and he didn't own a red truck before he died and I wasn't sleeping.

I just keep telling myself that it was someone who looked a lot like him. But it is still upsetting....and wierd. Because it was his face, his hair, everything staring right back at me.

I think I just need glasses.

Laura

• Members

to laura

i dont think you are crazy. ive always thought things like this are our loved ones ways of telling us they are still will us, watching over us. ur right..that wasnt ur brothers body, but could it have been his spirit? little things they can do to stay in touch. when my mum died i was so worried about how she was and if she could hear me when i speak to her, a week later, i dreampt about her, she told me that she was fine,with her mother and that she can hear me when i speak. people i have told all tell me its my subconcious but i no better than that. i think it was her way of showing me shes there, shes watching over me. and i think your brother is doing the same for u. well, thats what i think. thoughts are with u x

• Guests

Hello,

I am new here and this is my first post. I lost my beloved wife, Diana, on Nov 14, 2006 after many many long years of illness, hospitalizations, and more.

I am grieving her loss now, but for the moment I want to talk about my dad. I lost him on Jan 11 2006, and a really strange event occured right after he died.

I, and other family members, after learnig of his passing, went to break the news to my brother Gary, who lives down the street from me a few blocks.

When we got there, it was late at night, and he was asleep. We knocked loudly, and he didn't hear us. So, we decided to crawl in through the kitchen window to awaken him.

Well, the window was blocked with some stuff on the kitchen counter, and we had to move them to gain access.

My sisters wife Stan decided to be the one who crawls in through the window, and he handed us this "cup tree" (You've all seen them) which is basicly a rack with little hooks sticking out to hang coffee cups on. We carried it to the porch in front of the front door as my now awakened brother came to the front door to let us in.

Well, for whatever reason, there was a little clumsiness, and the rack fell onto the cement porch, all of the cups miracuously remained unbroken, except for ONE. Wouldn't you know, it was the one cup that said DAD on it. It shattered into several pieces.

The pieces represented his now broken life, and our broken hearts. That is the only thing I can figure.

Any body else have any ideas?

Doug

• Members

GUEST SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR WIFE..................SO CLOSE TO THE HOLIDAYS..MAKES IT THAT MUCH HARDER.......BUT I WANTED TO ALSO COMMENT ON YOUR POST ABOUT THE DAD CUP BREAKING.........I FEEL IT WAS YOUR DAD ...........LETTING YOU KNOW................HE WAS AROUND YOU..KNOWING YOUR HEARTS WERE BREAKING BUT GIVING YOU A SIGN.............HE WAS STILL.............NEAR................MESSENGER

• Members

Thanks Hopecove20. So many things have happened since my brother's passing that I hoped was some sign. And probably was. I just want to be able to communicate with him so much that everything else, while hopeful, still leaves me questioning the possibilities. And then "seeing him" in the truck just made me question my sanity!~ I have wondered if once people pass over if they can "appear" like that also. Crazy or not, I like to think that they have to practice the skill of communicating with us and maybe someday my brother will figure out how to do that.

I hope I made sense. I feel like I didn't.

Laura

• Members
michellemarie

Four weeks ago I kept having dreams where my phone was ringing but I woke up each time. My mom had a similar experience when her mom died 11 years ago and actually spoke to my mom while she was awake.

The other nite I finished school where I was taking phlebototmy classes. My mom knew I was taking this class before she died in July. On the way to class the other nite I was talking to my mom and telling her that I know she is proud of me for passing and that if she were here she would give me a hug.

Well, when I got to class the dooe was locked and I had to get the janitor to unlock it for me. I was in class not 2 minutes and the phone in the class started to ring. (It never rang at all these past months). Then it rang again 5 minutes later. I know it was my mom letting me know she was proud of me.

• Members

Hi Everyone:

Christmas evening my son was sitting in front of the t.v. playing his new game on XBox and when I woke up he asked me if I smelled dad's cologne...he said a warm wave passed in front of him and then he smelled his dad.

The next evening I laid in bed and was talking to my husband asking him to squeeze my hand to let me know he was with me and I also asked him to let the kids know he is there, especially our oldest son....the next morning our oldest son came down stairs and asked me if it is possible to have someone touch them even if you can't feel them...he then said someone squeezed his hand. I told him I prayed last night and asked his dad to squeeze my hand and to visit with you kids so, "your dad was the one to squeeze your hand and let you know he is with you.

Isn't that unbelievalbe. I think our love ones are with us all.

• Members
ladyhitchhiker

As far as visions go, sometimes when I'm coming back to bed from the bathroom at night when the lights are out I think I see my step-daughter walking through the apartment.

As far as dreams go, I've had a lot. My most recent favorite one is I was in this quantum leap dream, and I was going back in time to change little things that would change something big later on. Not sure what, but then I saw LeAnn - she didn't recognize me because it was too far in the fast at that point - and I started leaving little messages to hopefully save her later. Of course that doesn't make sense, because she died of meninigits but it felt good to be actually doing something proactive about her death. And she had looked so happy.

Archived