Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

ADC's, Visions & Dreams

cvaughan598

• Members

The phone rang at 7am this morning. My first thought was "He's gone. People say that when someone knows that they're going to die, they'll pass during the night so that they're loved ones won't have to bear the pain of seeing them go." My husband then came into the bedroom and told me that it was the oil company confirming our order. Well, at 10am, he called me at work to tell me that his uncle has passed away early this morning after a long battle with Cancer. I grew up with his daughters back in my home town; that's how my husband and I met (even though he and I lived 6 hours apart, they still managed to get us together!). Being so close to his daughters and spending so much time with them and their family, he really was like a second Dad to me. We did get to see him during Christmas and he was tired, but he was making jokes and really being as much himself as he could be. It was hard to see him knowing that he didn't have much time left and now I really understand my mother's not wanting to let us know that she was sick, but preferring to just live life to her last moment and go when she was ready. I'm so sad to know he's really gone, but I just had the feeling this morning when the phone rang that he was gone....I'll miss him so much, but I'm comforted knowing that he's no longer in pain.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank-you for sharing Griffin's website. I went on for a while and had a look around. I couldn't find the "dream" that you spoke of. Perhaps you can point me in the right direction in terms of where to find it?

Seekingsolace~

You have to click on tributes/condolences at the top- pg 2 has the dream, close encounters, you should see the tigers, its incredible- and there is a place where I have listed all of the afterlife encounters -I have some more to add...but the red mist was interesting...anyway, have fun on the site- and thanks so much for replying. It has been a hard road, and although I feel Griffin here, I just want to talk to him and him to me, I just cant seem to bear the separation for so long. As far as Gianna, I do love her- she is the sweetest person, but she is a one year old- for now, anyway.

Thanks for listening and responding-

Randi

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi Randi [Griffinsmom],

I just went back onto Griffin's website and was able to locate the "dream". I believe the "dream" was someone from the Other Side showing him what the Other Side is like. The way he describes the state of peace ...That is how it is ..yes. He was being shown ...prepared.

A hug for you and Gianna ...and a hello to Griffin.

• Members

Seekingsolace,

You are so right on with James and I. He could and would feel/sense things that I was going through, about to go through, more than I could... Also I am having these visual images and the feeling of panic quite often lately. At first I thought that it was just panic attacks. Now I am not so sure. I feel/sense James moments before he died. I can almost feel the medication killing him and it is scarey to me... When it happens it almost feels like I am about to die. I don't use drugs, so no, it is nothing like that. It is like I feel him realizing what is about to happen and I get this freezing feeling. Like my legs, arm, voice just won't work... I try to call out, but I just can't do it... I think that it is James showing me that he wants to live, but it is too late and he has no way to save himself... I was sleeping when he died and I blamed myself for not waking up to save him. I think, now, that even if I did wake up, I wouldn't have been able to save him. I think that he was destined to die... If he wasn't, God would have left him here with me.

I miss him so much and now realize that when I feel so sad and upset, he can't come to me in visits. I pray every night that he will come to me and I ask him to, but he isn't, not like before. I am NOT giving up though. I know that he is here with me, for I can feel him. For some reason when I go to church and at a certain point in mass, every week, I feel his presence very strongly and I cry, I miss him so much at that point and I feel like he is right there with me, staring into my face. I close my eyes and can see his eyes looking deep into mine. Does this sound strange??? I just know that he is this close to me... I know that he loves me and wants to protect me.

The other day my best friend and I were talking. She live in LA and I in FL.... Well, she has a 16 year old son that she is VERY protective of. I keep on telling her that she needs to give him some growing room... She some times treats him like a baby... I know that she is so afraid of something happening to him and this is why she acts this way... Well, James used to say smart alec things to me and run out the door and hold the door so that I couldn't come out after him. It was all in a joking fashion at the time... My friend's son was leaving for school and as she does every morning, she went to go to open the door and watch him walk to the bus stop. She couldn't get her door to open up for some reason??? She tried and tried and then said "James knock it off" this is when she was able to open the door. It was like James was telling her to give her son some room... I believe that he was there doing it...

Well, it is getting late and I rambled on. I just feel James and know that he will be back to visit me.... I woke the other night after I felt like I was being shook in my sleep. Also the night before I woke when I felt my body hitting the bed again. I used to feel this all the time when I was a kid, and have had it happen many times while I was living with James and a few since he passed. I truly believe that it is James waking me for a visit... I hope that next time I can give him a hug and kiss!!!

Trish

• Members

For Hurleyta- Where in Florida do you live?? There is a connection here-Let me know asap!! I have no doubt that James is right with you- Go get the book "Hello From Heaveb' or leave your e-mail address and I can e-mail to you a part of it that will clearly explain to you all that you are experiencing. It will help you tremendously. Feel free to e-mail me at huntross4@aol.com. My name is Betsy and I go by mamabets here on Loss of an Adult Child. My son Danny passed at 25 in June of 2004. He lived in Florida and my whole family lives there. I live in North Carolina. xoxomamabets

• Members
seekingsolace

Trish [Hurleyta],

I think what's happening to you is that you are tapping into James' memories of his death. Once people cross over to the Other Side, they can easily transmit memories to you. This can feel very real ...almost like it is actually happening to you right then and there.

James is transmitting this information to you for a reason. If, for example, you have been struggling with wondering if he had really wanted to die or live ...that could be why he is sending this now ...in response to your question.

There is absolutely NOTHING you could have done to prevent his death. When it is a person's time, it truly is their time. James knew this was coming at a deep level. That doesn't mean that he was happy about the prospect of leaving this physical world and you ...I am quite sure that his heart is heavy that he is no longer in the physical with you.

It's important to remember that James IS still coming to you ...The only difference is that, in your grief, you are not easily able to sense him as regularly. That is the only change.

When we connect with love [which is the wavelength/frequency of the Other Side] then it's easier to receive messages. When we connect with fear [ie. anything other than love], it can make the receiving of messages more difficult. It's as if you and James both have walkies, you need to tune into the same channel to hear each other.

It doesn't sound strange at all to me that you feel like James is right there ...looking into your eyes. He IS. You are very receptive to him and you are just picking up on what he is sending you ...on what he is doing. [i have had that experience many times with beings from the Other Side]

James sounds like he has been busy trying to help your friend too : ) It's great that she's ok with that fact and openly recognizes it.

The shaking of the bed ...does sound like a hello to me. Ask for that kiss and hug ...and it will come. It might be in your awake state or in your dream state ...but it will feel real nonetheless. Just ask.

My best to you and James ...

• Members

Dear Seekingsolace,

on February the 21st will be the anniversary of the one year that my husband Antonis passed away. Last Saturday while i was in the sammetary talking to him, calling him, asking him for a sign i sudendly felt someone grubing me from my soulder and i turned back to see if someone whas there couse i was almost scared...then i thought that this could be the sign from my love but the feeling i got was more scaring than tender surprise. Also this last week memories from the 10 days after his accident he was hospitalized comes to me almos from nowhere very often. The feeling is not peace, its like someone tries to remind me and play back this bad moments of my life. Do you thing there is maybe a reason or maybe a purpose for that? or its just a trick of my mind? Thank you so much for spending time with us....if this is heavy for you just ignore the message...:) Thank you again

Iocasti

• Members
seekingsolace

Iocasti,

This is definitely NOT too heavy at all. Thank-you for sharing and reaching out.

Has Antonis ever come to you before since his passing? If so ..can you describe how he has come to you? These answers will help me discern more precisely what happened to you at the cemetary.

It's not unusual to feel fear when a person receives a physical contact [touch] communication from a loved one that has crossed over. It's instinct to feel fear when something touches you that feels foreign/unknown/ beyond the physical. At least the first few times. It doesn't mean that there is really anything to fear there at all ...It's just that it's so new.

[My grandfather came to me that way a number of times after his crossing ...with a hand to hand contact ...another time with a hand to back contact. Because I was comfortable with the non physical world, I wasn't afraid. But, if it had been unfamiliar to me, I am sure that I would have been.]

Antonis chose a very direct route to contact you. This is probably because he didn't want to leave any doubt in your mind of the contact.

The memories that have been coming into your mind probably do mean something. One possibility is that it's your own mind bringing it up because you are close to the anniversary date of his crossing. It is quite common to relive traumas at anniversary dates. Very, very normal. The phenomenon is called PTSD [post traumatic stress disorder]. Any really difficult life event will bring this sort of thing on. What you went through would qualify.

The other possibility is that it is Antonis communicating with you about the event again to bring something to your attention that you might have missed. There might be a vital piece of information that you need to have for your own healing. Bringing up the memory of the event in your mind would never be a peaceful feeling but, if it's Antonis speaking to you [and not your own mind and ptsd], then there might be something he wants you to recall ...for your own healing.

• Members

Seekingsolace,

I got the book you mentioned a while back, "Hello From Heaven". It is really good. I can relate to a lot of the experiences that people told about in the book. I thought about you and the advice you have given me. Thank you, it has helped me so much. Hope all is well with you.

It has been a while since I've been on this site. I've been in the "loss of a mother" site. But I have a question for you. I recently found out that I am pregnate and I was wondering if you thought it was possible for my mom to be able to help me through this? (Now and after it's born) This is my first child and I am excited and scared to death. My mother is supossed to help me through this. What do you think?

• Members
seekingsolace

Littlebug,

It is good to hear from you again : ) You are most welcome. I am glad that the book is helping.

It is very possible for your mother to help you with the pregnancy ...yes. Your mother will be right beside you if you ask her to be. Just speak with her about this [if you haven't done so already].

She will already have been given the news even if you haven't had that conversation yet [because news travels fast about earth family on the Other Side] but you still need to give her permission to be around during this time and guide her as to what capacity you would like her to assist. Speak to her just as you would when she was in the physical and you were telling her what you needed in a given moment.

• Members

Seeking Solace,

Last night I was lying in bed and kept on seeing these strange flashes of light. I was awake and talking to James. He was responding in my head, of course, but I know that it was him. I told him how much I miss him and he told me that he was there and listening to me. I asked him for a hug and he hug me. I get this very heavy feeling in my body when he is close to me. I know that it is him, for I have asked and he told me that when he is hugging me I will feel this way... I also told him that I am anxious for God to bring me home to be with him. This part is sad, as James told me that it is not my time yet, but that in a few more years God will bring me back to live with James in eternity. I told him a few more years was too long. But he assured me that it would only be a few hours in his time... Does any of this make sense or am I completely loosing my mind??? I swear that we had this long conversation and then he told me that he had to go to check on his mother. Turns out that there was an explosion close to his mothers home in CT and she was without power. He said that she needed him, but all I needed to do with to call for him and he would be back... I told him that I love him and he told me he loved me and this peace fell over me... It was like my love, James, and I had this really good talk and I felt much better.

Now today I am a wreck again. I was reading something about writing in the sand and seeing it being washed away. I remember the last time that James and I were walking by our beach. He kept on writing our names in these hearts and every time that they would wash away, he would go back and rewrite them.... I didn't think it more than a cute/kiddish thing to do, at the time, but now would do anything to see James do it again. It is times like this that my grief is so overbearing... That I miss James so much and don't know how to go on without him??? That I start to think that I am crazy to believe that I can have these conversations with him. I just miss him so much and would do anything to have him back. I would give up my life so he could have his. This is how much I love James and will always love him...

I pray that he knows this. For right now I am too upset to even try to communicte with him.

Trish

• Members
cantbelieveit

Hurleyta, You are not crazy! When mom first passed (October) I wished for these types of communications. I read the book Hello from Heaven as I went to visit the daughter of mom's best friend out of state and she had it on her coffee table, I was so excited thinking oh good this could happen to me. I feel you are blessed to have these communicatoins with James but also I can understand they can be painful at the same time. You seem to have a very deep connection and he is checking on you because he loves you and wants you to be ok. I wish peace for you, take care of yourself and please keep posting I am interested to know how you are doing.

• Members

Hello Everyone and {{{HUGS}}} To All of You~

I usually post on the Loss of Adult Child forum. My beautiful son, Michael, received his wings at the age of 32 on May 30,2003. Michael and his older brother, Jonathan, who is 36, were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscualar disease and severe developmental disabilities. Michael had intractable seizures for 22 years and repeated bouts of pneumonia. Septic pneumonia and other assorted opportunistic infections were the ultimate factors in his passing. After two weeks on ventilation, my husband and I decided that Michael had suffered enough and asked for extubation. Michael passed peacefully in our arms 5 days later.

Although his vessel was weak, Michael's spirit is perfect. Michael was as pure and innocent on the day he returned to Heaven as he was the day he was delivered to me on Earth. The same is true of Jonathan. Both of my sons are highly evolved "old" souls. Through them, I have witnessed many miracles.

Michael sends me signs in may forms and communicates with me in different ways. He has also sent signs to my husband, and I'm sure he speaks to Jonathan all of the time, although I can't verify this. Michael also sends signs to a friend of ours, who is a spiritualist/medium (I cannnot categorize this friend appropriately). Michael has told our friend that he and Jonathan have "always had one foot on both sides and still do." I absolutely believe this.

I could write pages about our experiences, but I am here to speak about one specific experience, which occurred to me a few nights ago. I am curious whether anyone else has experienced what I did. Since the ethereal realm is difficult to describe, I will do my best.

On that night, I asked Michael to visit me in my dreams, as I do every night, or to give me a vision of him. I was restless as I began my nightly prayers, and I couldn't seem to relax into my usual meditative prayer state. I could hear my husband and son talking in Jon's room below me, as my husband stays up all night with my son, and sleeps in the day. (We work in shifts.) Frustrated, I rolled from my side to my back, wide awake with my eyes open.

Above me, I saw an amazing array of cobalt blue light, swirling, with flashes of white light occasionally flitting into the pattern. Instantly, I felt a presence, and I knew it must be Michael. My heart rate increased, and I was thrilled and filled with peace.

Surrounding the brilliant blue light was a varporous aura. Because I do have poor vision, I turned my eyes to either side to see whether I could still see the blue light. I could not. I closed my eyes for a moment, and I saw no light, but when I reopened them, I witnessed the most magnificent display of color and form that I had ever seen. An unending kaliedescope of patterns in blue.

Then, in the center of the blue circle, a flash of white light appeared and remained until it became the figure of a man walking toward me from a long distance. When the figure seemed to reach half of his destination, the white light burst into a radiant ball. {Michael could not walk in his earthly life.)

A soothing green light followed, and then a deep, rich purple light, with continuing flashes of white light throughout the ever changing patterns.

I have no idea how long this lasted. I was in awe, and simply whispered, "You are amazing, Michael. Amazing." Through my soul, I conveyed my love and longing for him, and I felt his calming energy surround me.

And then, as quickly as the light appeared, it vanished.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

This contact was the most unique thus far, and Michael is creative and dramatic. I am still pondering the meaning of the colors and the entire vision.

I'm just so grateful that he does contact me continously, as I cannot imagine how I would cope if he did not constantly remind me that he is still here with me and reassure me that he always will be with me, his brother, and his dad. This is where I find my comfort.

Blessings to everyone here~ May God grant you peace and comfort today and everyday~

Love & Light,

Roslyn

• Members

Cantbelieveit,

Have you had communications with your mom???? I had one this morning with James. I do every week when I go to church. I always get to this part in the mass when I feel James eyes burning into my soul. It is like he is right in front of me. I always close my eyes and say "I know you are here" and I open them up and tears start to stream out. It is the same every week. At first I thought that it was just me being emotional, but now I know for sure that it is James coming to me. I think that this is a good place for him to contact me???? I have a very strong belief in God and the afterlife and know that he is with me there. I also know how important this must be for him, for it is always at the same time.

On Thursday I was lying in my bed. I had those epiderols done earlier in the day. I was sleeping and I am not sure if I was dreaming, or what, but I woke up. Usually I wake up kind of slow but this day I was WIDE awake. I had this overwhelming urge to call James mom. When I did, I found out that her electricity was off. There had been an explosion in a school near her home and the streets were without power. It was like James was telling me, "call mom, she needs you." There wasn't much that I could do, she lives up in CT and I in FL, but I was able to talk to her and call her daughter at work to tell her what had happened... I guess that James just wanted his mom to know that he was there with her and that he wouldn't allow her to be upset over not having electricity.

I also get these urges to do things for James mom. I some how find the cutest cards to send her. I will go into the card shop, just to look, for what? I don't know, but I ALWAYS end up with a card for her. A thinking of you, or a missing you card. I talk to her a lot but these cards are helping her to know that I really do think about her all the time. I think that it is James way of letting her know that he is with us still and loves her so... He was so very close to his mother. She was his heart. I know that he loves me and that he loves his children, but Mami was always first. This is a part of him that I just loved. I could always see the love in his eyes when he called her to say hello or by the tone of his voice. He is still trying to tell her how much he loves her, but I feel like it is through me now. I am just fine with this, as I love her like she is my own... She and I are very close, as well as one of James sisters. She and I talk almost daily. I just know that James is asking me to reach out to his family so that they will know that he is still there for them and loves us all...

Take care,

Trish

• Members

I am not trying to advertise or anything just want to let everyone know that Psychic Medium and Author Penny Clark Babson is collecting stories, dream visits, after death communication and connections stories for her new book " Never Ending.

So if you have a poem , story or essay about your connection with your loved ones. ( the length doesnt matter) send them to her. You can dedicate them to your family who passed. Her oo should be coming out in June or july. and you can send them to mrspennybabson@yahoo.com just put for your new book in the subject line.

• Members
cantbelieveit

Angelmommy...Thanks for that information. I am interested in reading it. As of right now I don't have much to submit myself but I did enjoy Hello from Heaven.

Hurleyta..I haven't had much communication although when mom first passed I wanted to so bad I thought I may be over thinking it. I said I wish they got one call to say hey I am ok you will see again someday. Then one night I had a very fuzzy clouded like dream that mom called me and said why don't you call me anymore and I replied we can't call you (at first I thought she was alive and the reason I didn't call her was because she could no longer talk on the phone, then in that instant I realized she was gone) and she said I am ok, it faded out so softly and that was that. I do hope to have more connections I hoped she could appear so that I could see her, but like they say our time goes by here differently then for our loved ones. I am happy you have this wonderful connection with James and a bond with his mom and sister. You are all going through such a difficult time. Be well and keep posting I am really enjoying your stories and information. Take care.

• Members

My husband John saw bad people in the hospital and wanted to come home really bad he knew he was not going to live very long and when he came home he saw a man standing at the foot of his bed with a lot of people behind him and the man it's o.k. John you'll be o.k. now and he died when our daughter were here'

JUDY29

• Members

Seeking Solace,

Something happend last night and I have been on edge all day. Do you remember me mentioning to you about the black shadows mom and I were seeing in her house before she died? We saw them before my dad died to. If you don't remember, let me know and I will update you. Anyway, I hadn't seen that thing since mom died until last night. I was told once that it was possibly a death angel. I hate this thing and want it out of my house. I was so mad after seeing it last night that I couldn't sleep. I wanted to beat up on it, kit it, whatever I could to make it punish. I'm not a violent person at all. This thing has just done to much to my family. I know it wasn't my imagination, I'm not the only one who saw it. Do you, or anyone else know what this thing is or how to get it to go away? I want to distroy this thing. It is really creaping me out. I don't live in my mom's house anymore. That is the only place I had ever seen it until last night. Now it's in my house, my husband saw it to. It has came and hung around until both my parents were gone. I don't want it to take anyone else from my family right now. We can't take anymore pain. I hope this doesn't sound crazy, but I know what this idiot is capable of. I really need some advice here. I hope you can help. I'm really not freaked out or crazy. I hope no one thinks that.

• Members
seekingsolace

Littlebug,

Angels don't appear as black shadows ...They are HUGE beings of light. When you are in their presence, you feel nothing but moved at the deepest levels of your heart and soul. They exude love but in a way that is hard to describe ...When I've experienced this, it changed my life ...It felt like a coming home ...It leaves you with a profound sense of peace. At death, if an angel accompanies a person, it is a welcome, something very comforting and protective. It wouldn't leave you with the feelings you have seeing the shadow.

This black shadow that you describe is NOT an angel. To sort out who the being is, can you tell me more about the shadow that appeared just before your dad died? I know you've already posted a week or so back on what happened re the shadow before your mom died but I need a refresher on your dad's death and it's relationship to it.

• Members
seekingsolace

Trish [Hurleyta; see 1.28.06]

Everything you are experiencing with James is REAL. Trust in this. You and he are having direct communications of the deepest level. I think you were feeling a wreck the day after the conversation because you were doubting that it was real ...coupled with the fact that you miss his physical presence. There might even be some feelings that you're having around his passing that you haven't spoken to him about yet ...and this stirs up the pot after you do speak with him. If this is the case, be open and honest with him. It will help both of you to get your feelings out. Where James is now ...he knows about your inner workings anyways [sounds to me like he did even when he was in the physical].

• Members
seekingsolace

Judy29,

Thank-you for sharing.

Can you tell me what you meant by "bad people in the hospital" where your husband John was? Do you mean bad humans or bad spirits? Do you have a question around any of this that we might be able to help with?

John sounds like he was comforted right before he died despite whatever happened at the hospital. It's good that he died at home.

• Members
seekingsolace

Roslyn [mom2angels; see 1.28.06]

Thank-you for sharing your account of your son Michael's incredible communication with you. I have never heard of such a color array during a contact ...although I do know that the Other Side is filled with such incredible diversity and brilliance of color ..that the colors that you saw make sense to me.

Because some of the chakras in the human body match up to the colors he sent you ...I have to wonder about his sending you healing energy to these areas. Blue is for the throat chakra ..It has to do with voice/expression. Green is for the heart chakra ..It has to do with love. Purple has to do with the crown chakra ...This is about spiritual connection/union.

I'm not clear on what he was trying to communicate but, from the extent of healing that you received, I have to wonder if he was doing a kind of 'color therapy' healing of sorts on you. Or if these colors are just his signature somehow ..It might even be that simple ...If he was drawn to these colors while on the earth ...Or, back to the chakra thing, if he is a person with strong voice, heart and spirit ..This could be another reason he used colors that night. I'm sure there is a bunch of other possibilities too ..This is just some food for thought.

• Members

Seeking Solace,

The shadows we saw before dad died never really had a shape to start with. Mom and I would be in the TV room and all of the sudden we'd catch this black shadow out of the corner of our eye. We never really saw it face on, well, I never did. Mom told me that one night she woke up and it had her pinned down from her neck up. She said it was black with a jagged looking bottom. Then it let her loose all at once. She was on one end of the couch at this time and dad was on the other. He (dad) didn't see a thing. She said she couldn't scream or anything until it let her loose. After Dad died. I saw this thing more often. I went to the dinning room where I saw it the most. (This is the room Dad stayed in during the winter months, working on puzzles) I tried what the Bible says, rebuking spirits. I said I didn't like the feeling that it gave us, and I wanted it to leave. The next day or so, I was watching TV and saw it out of the corner of my eye, it was in the dinning room, but this time I saw it in the form of a man, it didn't leave so fast. Usually when I'd turn to see it it was gone. But not this time. It went from one room to another and I never saw it again, in the house. Until some time before mom died and I had a dream about it. In the dream, he was trying to come into the house and I wouldn't let him. At first I felt like I had control over him. When he went to the back door, he didn't come in, but I felt like he could have if he wanted to.

When dad was still with us, I never saw the shadow as any form. It was gone as fast as I would turn to see it. I don't know if dad ever saw this or not. I just feel like it's following me now that it's out my house. (Which is just next door) Everytime I start seeing this thing, someone in the house dies. What do you think this is?

My dad was a good Christian man who belonged to church for 40 some years or longer. He had enphazema and was on oxygen for the last few months of his life. He died from his intestines rupturing. He had taken prednizone for so long they said that it wore the lining in his stomach causing the rupture. He was on the couch in the tv room when it happend, but he died at the hospital. It's kind of weird, because when mom's anurism, on her brain burst she was on that same couch. Which is now in my house. Could this be a connection some how? Anyway, with dad, I have never heard him raise his voice or really say a crewl word towards anyone. My dad had a real gift of knowledge with the Bible. People from the church would come to him all the time with questions about the Bible. I don't know if this helps you or not. And my mom was the sweetest little woman. She was little and sweet but fisty. She had a lot of spunk. I hope this helps some.

• Members
seekingsolace

Littlebug,

This isn't something I know that much about so bear with me. I'm just going to mull this over as I write it out. There might be someone reading your postings who does know precisely what all this is about that can provide much more than I but I'll give it my best try. This is a very LONG entry ...

Your mom's experience with that dark shadow spirit indicates to me that it's a being that really messed up. You could call the kind of energy that this being carries negative or dark energy. There are a number of possibilities here but I think it could be someone who hasn't yet crossed over into the light [fully into the Other Side]. At death, some people have unresolved/unfinished earth business that they just can't let go of. It has to be something pretty significant for a person to be confused at death and not cross over fully as the light does come to everyone ...all we have to do is allow ourselves to be led into it.

If this shadow is a confused spirit, then it's attached to it's earth life. It might have lived in your parent's house when it was in the physical. Or, if not in the house, then maybe it had a house or dwelling on the property that your parent's house is built. Which could explain why it's lingering in that area now. I'm not sure if you know the history of that house or not.

So ..attachments to property can happen. And so can attachments to people that live in that property. The person/ being wants to be heard and get attention ...going about this in all the wrong ways sometimes.

Now as for what to do about this ...I think it's imperative to protect yourself, your family and your house. A book was recently recommended to me ...Psychic Protection by Ted Andrews. I have ordered it myself just recently and haven't had a chance to read through it to see if it has merit or not. Apparently it's good though and has a chapter on something called "psychic attack". I believe that would be the category that this shadow being would be in.

I've known people that have the gift of helping confused beings like this move into the light and cross over fully. Then things are peaceful again.

In the interim, I can only share with you what was once recommended to me: Ask Archangel Michael to protect you, your family, your house, your car. Just speak with him directly. Apparently he is the warrior of warriors when it comes to angels. Ask him to put a protective grid over your house your car, and each family member personally.

Also ...To do a personal protective grid yourself ...A visualization that I have found highly effective for these sorts of things:

1)Imagine yourself covered in white gauze from head to toe ...

2)Then imagine the gauze luminescing ..Allow the light to extend about 6 inches from the gauze.

3)Then imagine yourself surrounded by 7 golden rings ...1 above your head, 1 below, 1 in front, 1 in back, 1 at the R side, 1 at the L ..and the 7th whereever your intuition leads you to put it.

4)Then imagine you have a worm hole/vacuum cleaner type thing in front of your body and behind ...about 2 feet from your body ...Allow this to suction off any negative spiritual energy that has become attached to you ...Do this suctioning for as long as you feel led to [it might be minutes or days ...you can just leave it in place depending on what your gut tells you]. Place these worm holes/vacuums wherever you feel led to at the front and back of your body ...They could cover the whole area or just a portion of it.

5)Next imagine a layer between the worm holes and the golden ring layer ...A layer of mirrors that are 4 inches by 6 inches with a foot in between each ...Imagine these mirrors surrounding your body completing like a sphere [disco ball type effect with gaps in the glitter]. Make sure the mirrors are facing out to the world. This repels negative earth energy coming in at you on any given day.

6) Lastly, imagine a violet flame/light surrounding this entire multi-layered protection unit with you at the core. Surround it completely.

Doing this exercise twice per day seems to be optimal. It is best if each of your family members do the same exercise as attachment-bound spirits tend to hang out with families ...If they can't mess with one person [because they have self-protected], then they can try to mess with another family member.

Candles are also very protective I have found. They cleanse a room of negative energies. Natural scents are best. They bring white light into any house.

Last idea ..Do get rid of that couch. I'm not sure if it's a connection or not but, why take the chance?

• Members

Littlebug,

You are not alone in experiencing contact with black shadows. I have been developing the gift of communication with spirits and have had the unpleasant experience with a black shadow. My black shadowed "friend" was earth bound. He came to me once in my sleep and pulled a pillow over my head and tried to suffocate me. I snapped myself awake and felt the fear dissapear, but he returned again the other night. This time I was not able to snap myself awake. Each time I felt the pillow come over my face, I tried to wake up, but the urge to stay on the higher level of consiousness kept overcoming me and I would find myself struggling with this entity again. Finally I got smart and I told him to go ahead and suffocate me. Well he did his best to try and of course it didn't work. I gave in and he gave up. I did feel like I was suffocating though, but I knew he couldn't hurt me. I was flinging my fists at him though I remember punching my pillow beside me many times and swearing at him. It is a scary experience, but from what happened to me I know that I was unable to be harmed. I did however talk to him after. I told him to go into the light and told him there was so much more that he was missing out on. That he had many opportunities to relive life again and that he would be much happier if he would just go into the light. So far he has not returned and my guides have informed me that he did infact go to the light. I feel I have taken my gifts onto a whole new level. Seeking solace is right about the protection. Do this, but also try telling the entity to go into the light.

• Members

Thank you Seeking Solace for your thoughts and observations. I hadn't connected the colors to the chakra, but it does make sense on many levels. In the physical, Michael was the perfect expression of God's love, as is his brother, Jonathan. Your thoughts have spurred me on to consider other explanations as well, and I appreciate your help.

Another parent has contacted me who has also experienced the blue light, although slightly different than my experience, but with enough similarity to indicate that at least there are two of us on this planet to whom it has occurred. If something is rare or extremely unlikely, our family usually experiences it!

However unique it is, I am grateful for the healing I received through my son's contact.

Thanks again~Peace and blessings to you~

Love & Light,

Roslyn

• Guests
I've had so many bad dreams since my loved passed and I believe the nightmarish ones are from my grief. But one stood out shortly after he passed on that I feel was a visit. This was before I began reading and studying the afterlife. We were in my kitchen and he was sitting in his usual chair. I came into the kitchen and said that can't be you, you died. He said he was still with me and went on to say that he knew I wanted him to come back but he couldn't and he was sorry. Then he held me and I put my head on his shoulder and cried softly. I woke up with a total feeling of comfort. I've had SO many experiences since he passed...I've smelt him, I have the "tingling" feeling, temperature change in the room (it's hard to describe) and the overall feeling of his presence. I wish I could relax enough to meditate, I wish I could could hear him or see him...but I really should feel lucky that I do know he comes to be with me. One of these days I'd love to have a reading with a medium.

Just wanted to share my experiences,

qbee

• Guests
I've had so many bad dreams since my loved passed and I believe the nightmarish ones are from my grief. But one stood out shortly after he passed on that I feel was a visit. This was before I began reading and studying the afterlife. We were in my kitchen and he was sitting in his usual chair. I came into the kitchen and said that can't be you, you died. He said he was still with me and went on to say that he knew I wanted him to come back but he couldn't and he was sorry. Then he held me and I put my head on his shoulder and cried softly. I woke up with a total feeling of comfort. I've had SO many experiences since he passed...I've smelt him, I have the "tingling" feeling, temperature change in the room (it's hard to describe) and the overall feeling of his presence. I wish I could relax enough to meditate, I wish I could could hear him or see him...but I really should feel lucky that I do know he comes to be with me. One of these days I'd love to have a reading with a medium.

Just wanted to share my experiences,

qbee

• Guests

I recently lost my husband December 16, 2005. We were married 8 months. It has been very hard on me the past month and half trying to take care of things unfinished with my husband. He was sick for a week and died suddenly. I feel he is still lingering on here and has alot of "unfinished" business that needs to be taken care of. After he died, I felt like he didn't love me anymore and that I would'nt feel his presence. About a week or so after he died, I smelled a scent of cigarette (he used to smoke) go past me. No one else was here at the time. A few days later, I saw the light in dining area jitter a little. It was bright sunshine outside and that was the first time I've seen the light do that.

I went to see a psychic one month from my husband Robyn's death. The psychic told me that he is present with us and that he's never left my site at all. He will always be with me. I cried because I didnt think he loved me anymore. I know now that hes here with me and watching over me as well as others he loved including his sons. One son said he had a dream about him. I havent had a dream yet about him, but I do now feel his presence at times. Sometimes I feel the temperature of room drop. When my sister and dad were here during the week of the funeral, she said she felt the room very cold. My dad thought it was the cold draft coming thru the doors. My sister and I felt like he was present with us. He had died in that room where the temp dropped. There are times when the room is warm and feels fine. There are times, I'll be sitting here at the computer and its cold all of the sudden. I dont feel his presence all the time, but I do know hes here. I feel hes trying to help me at times take care of his business he owned as a music store owner. Thats all done now. I'm taking care of his house, thats almost done. So I know hes here helping me get thru all of this as well as the good lord is too. I know this sounds crazy, but there have been several times I've seen things moved. I know I must've thought i was going crazy. There was a time when the bathroom door was closed almost all the way, there was another time I've seen my snack I've had sitting by the stove was moved over near the sink. Now I know I didnt move the snack-ha.

Anyways, it helps to bring comfort to me knowing he still loves me and is here watching over me. I miss and loved him so much. May he rest in peace.

Julie

• Guests
I recently lost my husband December 16, 2005. We were married 8 months. It has been very hard on me the past month and half trying to take care of things unfinished with my husband. He was sick for a week and died suddenly. I feel he is still lingering on here and has alot of "unfinished" business that needs to be taken care of. After he died, I felt like he didn't love me anymore and that I would'nt feel his presence. About a week or so after he died, I smelled a scent of cigarette (he used to smoke) go past me. No one else was here at the time. A few days later, I saw the light in dining area jitter a little. It was bright sunshine outside and that was the first time I've seen the light do that.

I went to see a psychic one month from my husband Robyn's death. The psychic told me that he is present with us and that he's never left my site at all. He will always be with me. I cried because I didnt think he loved me anymore. I know now that hes here with me and watching over me as well as others he loved including his sons. One son said he had a dream about him. I havent had a dream yet about him, but I do now feel his presence at times. Sometimes I feel the temperature of room drop. When my sister and dad were here during the week of the funeral, she said she felt the room very cold. My dad thought it was the cold draft coming thru the doors. My sister and I felt like he was present with us. He had died in that room where the temp dropped. There are times when the room is warm and feels fine. There are times, I'll be sitting here at the computer and its cold all of the sudden. I dont feel his presence all the time, but I do know hes here. I feel hes trying to help me at times take care of his business he owned as a music store owner. Thats all done now. I'm taking care of his house, thats almost done. So I know hes here helping me get thru all of this as well as the good lord is too. I know this sounds crazy, but there have been several times I've seen things moved. I know I must've thought i was going crazy. There was a time when the bathroom door was closed almost all the way, there was another time I've seen my snack I've had sitting by the stove was moved over near the sink. Now I know I didnt move the snack-ha.

Anyways, it helps to bring comfort to me knowing he still loves me and is here watching over me. I miss and loved him so much. May he rest in peace.

Julie

• Members

Seeking Solace,

Thank you for the advice. What you said does make sense and I will definately try what you suggested. This is just the strangest thing. Last night I was talking to my niece, she now lives in mom's house with my brother and sister-in-law, and she said she saw the black shadow in there a few days ago. Anyway, I will try this and let you know what happens. Thank you. You are really a blessing.

Care4u,

I was glad to hear that someone else was seeing these shadows. It's good to know I am not alone. That would have scared me to death facing what you have with that trying to smother you. I'm glad yours is gone. Thank you for sharing that. I will also try to tell it to go toward the light.

I hope you guys have a great day.

• Members

Seeking Solace,

I believe that you are right. I know that after I have visits/conversations with James I feel a wreck for days afterwards. He was very in tuned to me here, so I am sure that he is even more intuned to me there. I miss him very much. He was with me when I woke up last night, he was rocking my leg back and forth. It is the neatest feeing. I woke up (very groggy) and said "James knock it off" and he did. Then I woke up more and realized what had just transpired. I felt very much at ease as I knew that it was James and that he is smiling thinking that I know it is him... I pray to get more visits from him soon. It has been a few nights. I had one the other night where I opened a door and there stood James smiling at me. He opened his arms and I rushed right in, I got to kiss him and tell him that I love him and that I miss him. I told me that he loves me too..... What a feeling it is!!!!!

Trish

• Members

Care4u,

I read on one of the posts that you had a real gift. I'll not go into all the details right now. But I'd love to talk to you about these. I'm courous about a lot of things I've been experiencing for years. But I have never known anyone that I'd feel comfortable talking to about them. Someone that may know exactly what I'm talking about. Could I e-mail you personally sometime?

• Guests

Hello Everyone, I'm new here. I've been reading over some of the posts in this thread and I should fit right in here.

I've been having ADCs from the same deceased loved one for 10 years now. This was a person who I was friends with and a lover with for a while, and I knew him for a total of 17 years. I had intense feelings for him, and him and I shared an eye communication such that we rarely had to talk in order to communicate. Recently, I have come to believe that we knew each other in at least one past-life time.

As many of you may be able to relate to, my ADCs from him are very personal and special to me. He has never done anything scarey, instead he just stops by to help me out or bring me love and comfort.

I also get ADCs from my deceased parents on occasion, but not as much from L, the guy I have described here. Hopefully as time goes by, we can discuss all of this.

LifeFlows

• Members

For All- It is wonderful to see how many come here after having communications with their loved ones- I mean, after all, isn't it all that we all strive for here?? Better communication?? My son left here in June of 2004 and it would be so sad if I didn't give him every opportunity where he now is, just like when he was here... I believed in him then, and I belive in him still. It takes time, I suppose, for many- I just hope that in time the good that can come out of this is that we can connect to our loved ones on a regular basis, just on a different dimension. Much love to all...xoxomamabets

• Members
cantbelieveit

I haven't had many contacts or dreams about my mom who passed in October, but I have had many dreams of old friends, some who have passed. I almost feel like it is because that was a time when life was easy and safe. I lived at home with family and never wondered about death or my parents passing. I thought they would live til I was a senior citizen, I figured I would be in the 70's with 2 parents in their 90's. I could always count on both of them for anything. I wish for more contact and try to be patient and figure I will get it in time and you never know when or how subtle it can be.

I appreciate everyone here sharing their stories please keep posting.

• Members

I am so happy for all of you, who have experienced ADC's. I just pray someday I will get to experience that joy. I long for my brother to tell me he is ok...as he passed in his sleep on Oct 21,2005. He was healthy. My husband died June 21,2005 from lung cancer. I also want to know he is ok, and at peace. But, he died 2 hours after I went to work that day. As, I was driving home, because his son called me and said I better get home..at the exact time of his death, 915am, I stopped driving so fast. An overwhelming calm came over me. I knew he was gone...and there was no reason to hurry in traffic. I believe that was his spirit leaving this earth..bound for heaven. He was alert until his last minute of life, his son has told me. He asked his son to hold his hand 5 minutes before he died. I feel he knew he was on his journey to a better place. I miss him so and wish I could recieve a sign he is ok. I wish my brother would contect with me somehow, somewhere. I only pray for this joy to be shared with me someday. God bless, Nancy

• Members

I know the pain of grief for me is still very raw, but i have this experience of hearing my mum in my mind. i went to the Nursing Home where she used to live, i hoped i would 'find' her there, i got the same bus (no 5 to Liverpool), got off the same stop and as i walked up i felt a bit weird as i hadn't been there for a while.

i got to the nursing home and went round to her room on the outside of the house, the curtains tight shut (the house had shut down for a while), and i just stood there. i'd had this feeling of wanting to find her, it was very strong but i went with my imagination and i got an incredible sense of calm and i couldn't thank my mum enough for letting me know she was there.

i suppose that sense of calm kind of indicates for me that she'll always be there, but part of me feels sad because i'm hoping i can still find her at our old house, where we both used to live.

A close friend of mine said to me that the reason i feel this very deep sense of loss is because the love between me and my mum was very deep. Granted, i saw her most weekends at the home, but we both felt each other's feelings, together and apart. i know that sounds quite hippy ish, but that's how we felt. I'm going through big change right now, so i feel my mum is with me.

i don't know if anyone knows this, but when someone is grieving, i read that the auditory senses are heightened, and because you miss that person dearly, your mind runs over time, you want to keep the memory alive. But on the other hand from this, if it seems that they are 'heightened', then the realisation could be that there isn't life after death. i actually totally refuse to believe this, because i miss my mum so damn much that i so desperately want to hear her. i apologise if i'm talking rubbish here, but i have mixed emotions about grief.

sue

• Members

For All- I know, since my son passed on in Jun of 2004, that there is life after death here. He has sent me so many signs that there could be no other explanation. In the book Hello From Heaven, there are ways that will teach you how to connect to the other side if you want to learn how. I had been very connected prior to losing my son, and he too was a very spiritual being, so the ability for us to believe in this was relatively easy. HOWEVER, make no mistake.... The grieving process is still extremely painful, and the passing of him makes it no easier, obviously. I miss him terribly, but I do know that he is in a place of total peace and he will never experience the pain that we have known since that fateful night. I do get some comfort from knowing that he will never have to go through this and I do clearly know that he loves where he is, and how he is...Much Love to all...mamabets

• Guests

Good Evening –

Your site moderator has given me permission to post on this site.

First, let me say that I have no intent of insulting anyone, causing harm, or to making anyone feel uncomfortable.

I am a doctoral psychology student preparing a term paper on death and dying. My main concern is to include in this paper the feelings and comments of individuals like yourselves. I am not currently in your position, so I will lend myself to your concerns, feelings and intents. This information will be used to comfort others who are dying and in need of comfort.

If you feel comfortable please respond to this post, if you do not I understand and I apologize for the intrusion.

Bahiyya Amh-Shere

• Members

For Bahiyya Amh-Shere- Hi- I am mamabets and I am completely comfortable with all that I know to be surrounding the death of my son. I will never be "comfortable" having lost my Danny, for I miss him terribly, but I know that all that we believed in while he was with us here is all that we now know to be. There is a place beyond this place, somewhere over the rainbow, that is "perfectly perfect"... Feel free to e-mail me at any time, for I have some great pictures that I have taken sinve his passing that are just beautiful and represent his miraculous messages to me. What brought you to Beyond Indigo, if you don't mind my asking?? I always like to hear other people's stories!! xoxoMuch Love, mamabets

• Guests

Hello,

My name is Sheila I'm 47 years old and I lost my identical twin sister & best friend Sherrie on Nov. 30, 2005.

I am wanting desperately to communicate with her. A few weeks after her sudden death I was sitting on my patio looking out into the woods and was asking her... no pleading with her to show me some sign that she was OK. Tears rolling down my face and sobbing asking her for something anything... . All of a sudden I heard footsteps coming from the woods and I was a bit scared but kept looking out into the woods and all of a sudden the most beautiful deer was standing only yards away just staring directly at me! I said... Thank you Sherrie. That's the last experience I've had and want and need more! HELP ME!

Sincerely,

Sheila twin to Sherrie

• Members

Bahiyya Amh-Shere,

I lost my fiancee on 11/12/05 and have since had visits from him, as well as dreams and have been talking to him. I can actually hear his voice answering my questions and telling me that he is alright and building our home for when God calls me home. If you want, please e-mail me and I can share more details of what I am experiencing.

Trish

• Members

Sheila,

I know how you feel about wanting to be able to communicate with the other side. I have had quite a few communications with my James who died on 11/12/2005. I miss him terribly and know that when I am the calmest is when he is able to come across to me. I had a visit from him where I was actually able to ask him about his death. Two days ago I got his autopsy report and guess what? It was just like he told me. I guess that from my own experience, I would say that James is not able to communicate with me when I am unable to understand, or have him come through to me. I also feel that it is not when I want him to come through to me, but when he decides the time is right and can come comfort me.

I hope that this helps you. I also get very emotional for days after James and I visit or communicate. It is like I want it more and more and feel like if he doesn't come back, he never will, but eventually he does, or has thus far.

Trish

• Members

I would like to leave this post for all to read.

For those of you who do not know me, I have been developing my gifts of communication with our loved ones who have crossed over in spirit. Together with help from our loved ones in spirit we have put together a website where THEY have left messages of insight and are continuing to share their love with us and are helping us to understand what it is like in spirit and any messages that they wish for us to be aware of. So afer getting a few messages on the site from our loved ones in spirit, they have now given me the cue that it is time to let everyone visit the website. So I would like to leave the address here and invite anyone and everyone to read the insightful messages that they have left for us and are continuing to leave for us. Visit often, because they are always leaving something new everyday. Please share the site with all of your loved ones.

Here it is: http://ouruniversalhome.blogspot.com

Love....Care4u

• Members

FINALLY!!!!! I had my first dream of my mother since her passing last Summer and it felt great to see her and talk with her....this morning, it's a bitter-sweet feeling....seeing her and talking with her felt amazing but then once I was fully awake, I realized that for the rest of my life, I'll never have that happen in this World again.....

I woke up immediately following the dream with a smile on my face and tried to remember as much of it as I could before falling back to sleep. I remember that we were planning for her services and she was by my side the entire time. Then came a moment when she took both of my hands and said that she had to go. I fell to my knees and began to cry telling her that I loved her so much and wanted her to stay with me. She fell to her knees too (something that she would have never been able to do while living) also crying. I asked her not to go and she said that she would always be with me but that is was time for her to go. Then the dream ended.

• Members

Momsbabygirl,

Sounds like you had a visit with your mom. I remember the first one that my James and I had. I knew that it couldn't have been a dream, as I was able to ask him things and get really good answers. He apologized to me for leaving me and then he too had to go. I now have visits and dreams from him, more often than I ever thought possible. I love being so close to him. I know how emotional it all is, especially the few days following a visit. I also feel like I want them all the time, although I am beginning to realize that it doesn't work the way "I want it to" but I still want it.

I had a visit w/James a couple of nights ago. I know that it was him and guess what? I was fully awake. He even had me write things down and told me the things that he felt I needed to do. I have started a journal and keep track of my dreams and visits from him. I read some things and if I didn't have them written down, I would have totally forgotten about it. Amazing how our world can communicate with theirs...

Bless you,

Trish

• Members

Thanks Trish...it was a great feeling to have her there, so natural and comforting, but such heartache when she left. I just hope this is the first of many dreams for me. Other family members had them in the days immediately following her passing and I've always been jealous of that but then again, I don't think I was ready. I too bought a journal months ago to write details about our last conversation, our last visit and the things that she taught me throughout life. I haven't written in it yet...it's still too painful, but I know that I need to start before I start to forget things. I'm glad that you are able to connect so often with James. It's an incredible gift to have someone love you that much....

• Members

I am not new to this site, but I have not posted in quite a while. I lost my father in April of 2005. This past year has been difficult. Visiting this site often and reading all of your posts has helped me to know I am not alone. Even through the holidays, although it was difficult, I handled my sorrow better than I thought I would. I am finding that all of a sudden I am feeling worse. I am getting these feelings of sheer panic and loss of breath. I'm sure that as it is getting closer to the anniversary of his death, it is probably the cause. I don't miss him any less today as I did the day he died, so I can't understand why this is happening now. I am also becoming obsessed with finding a medium who can help me connect with my father. I don't know if this will give me any comfort, but am desperate to try. If there is anyone who has experienced similar feelings, I would appreciate any help you can offer. I don't know how much worse this can get!

Archived