Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

ADC's, Visions & Dreams

cvaughan598

• Members
ladyhitchhiker
Hi to the people who remember me from a while back and Hi to everyone I don't know!,

I haven't been on in a while. Reason being that I don't seem to be able to express what I am feeling very well. At first it came pouring out on to the screen after several months went by from my brother's death. But then frustration and a little bit of a problem with my belief system has made it hard to put into words anything about this journey.

I just want you guys to know to keep writing, because it helps.

I do have a specific question. Since my brother passed away 1 1/2 years ago, I have from time to time seen someone who looked like him for a split second and then I look harder and see that it isn't him. THAT I can understand. But a couple of days ago, I was turning left at an intersection and staring at me from a red truck was my brother. Well of course I didn't have long but I looked harder and opened my eyes wider to find the part of this man's face to prove that it wasn't my brother and he just looked right back at me. And it was him. It shook me up.

Now I KNOW it wasn't him because I saw him dead in the coffin. I am not crazy. But I feel crazy!! Am I crazy?? You guys can be honest with me because I know you understand my pain and desire to see him. But I wasn't even thinking about him and he didn't own a red truck before he died and I wasn't sleeping.

I just keep telling myself that it was someone who looked a lot like him. But it is still upsetting....and wierd. Because it was his face, his hair, everything staring right back at me.

I think I just need glasses.

Laura

I don't think you're crazy, Laura. Because if you are then I am, because at Wendy's I'll look up and see a little girl and think she's mine, but she's not, or I'll be driving, and I'll see her biking on the side of the road. Or - and this is weird- we had a cat named Figaro when I was growing up and for the few more years I lived at my parents house after he left, I would feel him curl up next to my leg while I was sleeping and when I woke up, I would look and he wouldn't be there, or I would walk through the house, and see him walk through in the opposite direction, or washing himself on the rug. Is it ghosts? I don't know. Is it just wishful thinking? I don't know.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Guests
Hi to the people who remember me from a while back and Hi to everyone I don't know!,

I haven't been on in a while. Reason being that I don't seem to be able to express what I am feeling very well. At first it came pouring out on to the screen after several months went by from my brother's death. But then frustration and a little bit of a problem with my belief system has made it hard to put into words anything about this journey.

I just want you guys to know to keep writing, because it helps.

I do have a specific question. Since my brother passed away 1 1/2 years ago, I have from time to time seen someone who looked like him for a split second and then I look harder and see that it isn't him. THAT I can understand. But a couple of days ago, I was turning left at an intersection and staring at me from a red truck was my brother. Well of course I didn't have long but I looked harder and opened my eyes wider to find the part of this man's face to prove that it wasn't my brother and he just looked right back at me. And it was him. It shook me up.

Now I KNOW it wasn't him because I saw him dead in the coffin. I am not crazy. But I feel crazy!! Am I crazy?? You guys can be honest with me because I know you understand my pain and desire to see him. But I wasn't even thinking about him and he didn't own a red truck before he died and I wasn't sleeping.

I just keep telling myself that it was someone who looked a lot like him. But it is still upsetting....and wierd. Because it was his face, his hair, everything staring right back at me.

I think I just need glasses.

Laura

I don't think you're crazy, Laura. Because if you are then I am, because at Wendy's I'll look up and see a little girl and think she's mine, but she's not, or I'll be driving, and I'll see her biking on the side of the road. Or - and this is weird- we had a cat named Figaro when I was growing up and for the few more years I lived at my parents house after he left, I would feel him curl up next to my leg while I was sleeping and when I woke up, I would look and he wouldn't be there, or I would walk through the house, and see him walk through in the opposite direction, or washing himself on the rug. Is it ghosts? I don't know. Is it just wishful thinking? I don't know.

• Guests

I lost my Dad December 2, 2006 (he was 76). When I got home at 4:30 am after the mortician came and took his body from his apartment (I couldn't leave until I know he was being taken care of) the video from the Christine Aguilera song "Hurt" was on. I don't even know why the TV was on. Anyway I spent alot of time listening to that song....for so many reasons - it just says it all. 2 weeks ago I had a dream about my Dad (who I adore) and he was young and handsome and I hugged him, told him I loved him, I missed him and that I forgave him for his mistakes. We had been through so much together. His alcoholism, my addiction....but we had made progress and healed over the last years we had together. Anyway...I guess I let him go, somehow he needed to know it was OK. That's what I think anyway. God I miss him so much but he doesn't carry around the sadness or despair he so effectively covered up with his shine and charisma in life. He's free...I think....I hope. God I hope.

• Members

I lost my Dad December 2, 2006 (he was 76). When I got home at 4:30 am after the mortician came and took his body from his apartment (I couldn't leave until I know he was being taken care of) the video from the Christine Aguilera song "Hurt" was on. I don't even know why the TV was on. Anyway I spent alot of time listening to that song....for so many reasons - it just says it all. 2 weeks ago I had a dream about my Dad (who I adore) and he was young and handsome and I hugged him, told him I loved him, I missed him and that I forgave him for his mistakes. We had been through so much together. His alcoholism, my addiction....but we had made progress and healed over the last years we had together. Anyway...I guess I let him go, somehow he needed to know it was OK. That's what I think anyway. God I miss him so much but he doesn't carry around the sadness or despair he so effectively covered up with his shine and charisma in life. He's free...I think....I hope. God I hope.

(Post ID: 44648)

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Frankie7--I'm so sorry for your loss and pain. I lost my son Joey on July 31st of last year. I had a few dreams in the very beginning about the horrible way he died. The dreams were so vivid, and after the inquest confirmed the way Joey died, the dreams went away. I haven't had so much as a breath of a dream since. It has been almost 6 months, and I want so much to have a dream visit from Joey... I miss him so much.

• Members

4everjoeysmom,

I'll pray for your visit from Joey in dreams. I can't imagine losing a child. May I ask how old he was? I wish there were something I could say that you could find comfort in. One thing that keeps coming through for me is hearing my father say "Live! Go on, live life. Honor me by living." There is a song by Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton called "When I get where I'm going", it has been a real comfort to me.

Best wishes,

Frankie7

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Hi Frankie7, Thank you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. Joey was 7 days from turning 24 when he left this world. He was only really beginning to "live" beyond childhood...

My son Patrick likes Brad Paisley a lot. I'll ask him if he's heard the song. I haven't yet, but will look for it.

No dreams last night... I keep hoping and praying...

• Members
robertssister

Hello! My brother died June 28th 2006 , And a song that was helped me alot is

WHAT A Day That Will BE !

There is coming a day when no heart-aches shall come, No more clouds in the sky, no more tears to dim the eye: All is peace for ever more on that happy golden shore. What a day glorious day that will be.

There'll be no sorrow there, no more burdens to bear. No more sick-ness no pain, no more parting over there; And for ever I will be with the One who died for me . What a day glorious day that will be.

Chorus : What a day that will be when my JESUS I shall see, And I look upon His face, the One who saved me by His grace, When He takes me by the hand , and leads me through the Promised Land,

WHAT A DAY, GLORIOUS DAY THAT WILL BE.

I hope this song will help someone out there today, who is having a bad day. God is always with you . If you only ask him into your Heart to save you. I couldn't be where I am today with out God . I Miss my brother very much and Monday would have been his 32nd Bday . But I have peace in knowing that He is in Heaven with his Lord and Saviour. and that Is a far better place to be on his Bday then here.

Barb

• Members

Who sings What a day that will be?

I like the When I get where I'm going song by Brad Paisley and Dolly also. I like some country and I like some rock too. Does anyone know of any rock songs that have been a source to nurture through this time or even to grieve by?

Heaven by Los lonely boys is one I like.

And of course there is always Kansas with Carry on Wayward Son and Dust in the wind. But that's all I can think of.

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Lauraanne, I find a lot of inspiration and hope for my day when I listen to some of the popular Christian artists. Some of my favorites:

Jeremy Camp did an awesome album after his first wife died very young)

Plumb rocks with smooth vocals and awesome lyrics

Sarah Groves inspires me to be more

Natalie Grant is mellow but very good--an awesome song is "Held"

Bethany Dillon is good and upbeat

Casting Crowns is very inspiring

and Evanescense and 12 Stones just outright ROCK

Salvador does a version of Los lonely Boys Heaven and adds a spanish flare. he rocks too!

There are just so many good ones out there. You can probably download samples from any of these artists from the web to see if you like them, or go to your local Christian bookstore that has a music department and listen to the audios there. Barnes & Noble even have some. I just try to stay with tunes that say something deep to my heart and refer to the power and strength of God. You can find some in mainstream, like the one you mentioned (Brad Paisley), but they're harder to find there overall. Hope some of these help..

• Members
robertssister

Lauraanne, I Sing what a day that will be. It has been comforting to me to just read the words of that song. I am a Christian which means I've ask Jesus into my heart to save me from all my sins. So song like that and others are a great comfort to me. Barb

• Members

I FINALLY GOT ON...THE SONG I KEEP HEARING IN MY HEAD EVERYDAY.........IS ONE I HAD PLAYED AT OUR SONS FUNERAL...................I CAN ONLY IMAGINE...BY MERCY ME.............BEAUTIFUL SONG AND KEEPS ME IN AWE AS TO WHAT I WILL DO ...WHEN I DIE AND MEET GOD FACE TO FACE.......CANT WAIT! ALSO ANOTHER GOOD SONG I HAD PLAYED AT OUR SONS FUNERAL IS HOMESICK BY SAME GROUP..............OUR SON HAD MOVED TO TENN AND WAS VERY HOMESICK AND THIS SONG WAS JUST BECOMNG POPULAR....I TOLD JAMES..........I HAVE THE PERFECT SONG FOR YOU AND HE LAUGHED..AS I LISTEN TO THE WORDS NOW..I SEE THE WORDS APPLY MORE TO ME NOW..I AM HOMESICK FOR HIM..

MAY PEACE FILL ALL OF YOUR HEARTS AND MAY WE ALL DREAM OF OUR LOST ONES

GOD BLESS....................MESSENGER

• Members

For All~ Randy Thompson is a beautiful artist- He sings some unbelievable songs- You can just google Randy Thompson, click on to his albums and hear full versions of the songs- No clips!! "You Found Me" is fabulous and "Because of Your Love" is another. Also, Mark Schultz is very wonderful!! There is one song on Jim Brickman's Greatest Hits called "'Til I See You Again". Jim plays the piano and Mark sings!! I have all of these songs and can send them to anyone- Just email me at huntross4@aol.com. Danny's website has a Mark Schultz song in the backround now..."Remember Me" at http://daniel-pallick.memory-of.com xoxoxmamabets

• Guests

Hello, all! Just want to share my story!

Peace to you!

I\\\'ve published the article:

http://my666.boom.ru/666_en.html

This material makes understanding of Revelation more clear and will help to be saved for many many people and will help to avoid terrible plagues for many other people!

You will not carry any responsibility for this link since this material was signed by me!

But availability of this material is important for now as never before!

Be bless!

Announce:

At the age of thirteen I was thrown into another world by a fateful accident. Clinically pronounced dead, I returned from the afterlife with knowledge rarely glimpsed by the average person. This experience has defined my life as a person with each foot in a different world. Explaining the afterlife to those who have not had a near death experience requires breaking down the illusions that most people hold of what they call \\\"reality\\\". I hope that my experiences can enlighten others while allowing me to share my insights with my fellow humans.

I have received the seal of the beast in afterlife world 20-22 years ago. Main information - the first who meets us in afterlife world is the BEAST which is described in Bible, but not God as many think!

BEAST. This creature has size about 12 meters in height. This creature is able to stay on two legs and has very long tail (so it also 30 meters long including the tail).

IMAGE OF BEAST is any creature who has seal of beast with spirit of beast inside and without man's status!

MARK OF BEAST. After sealing up appears imprint! This imprint has name - mark. It looks like black tattoo which is putted on spirit (not on body) therefore can not be cutted out. It contains the head of dog with iron slam on head.

SEAL OF BEAST. The beast has the seal. It is like iron seal on a long pole. Any host is able to mark by seal of beast.

666 is number of men who will be marked by beast but will be saved!!! (i.e. common number of saved from all who will be marked by beast).

FOREHEAD whole forehead bone from brows up to top of head! The seal of beast is fatal when it putted on forehead or on any hand.

NAME OF THE BEAST. The beast has name, same as any creature who was created by Creator.

NUMBER OF NAME OF THE BEAST is number of people who will call themselves by name of the beast. I.e. 666 is number of people who will be saved from the lake of fire with seal of beast on any place. But the number of name of the beast is number of people who will call themselves same as the beast.

HOST is creature (man or angel) who received the seal of beast!!! Host can to mark up anybody by the seal of beast!

ROD OF IRON is spirit of beast which is inserted into us horizontally.

• Members
4everjoeysmom

If this is referring to the Revelations in the Word of God, it could not be farther from the truth. I would challenge anyone and everyone who questions this or even gives it a 2nd thought to go directly to the Word to seek ABSOLUTE TRUTH before ever considering something to be of value that speaks from a personal persepctive rather than "what IS written". To support this advice:

From the Word of God (1 Timothy 1:3-7)

(Paul addresses Timothy)......so that you may charge certain persons not to teach any different doctrine, nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies, which promote speculations rather than the stewardship from God that is by faith. The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. Certain persons, by swerving from these, have wandered away into vain discussion, desiring to be teachers of the law, without understanding either what they are saying or the things about which they make confident assertions.

(The Beast of Revelation is apocolyptic talk of Satan-- who should want to follow him???)

Rev 20:10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

The beast that is Man devoured and given over into his wickedness, to him his fate shall be: (Read Job 20: 3-29)

Personally I think this is a marketing blast post to sell a deranged idea... be careful if you choose to investigate further... this person seems to protray that wearing a mark of a beast is a good thing; something to be proud of...

• Members

Guest - this forum is for people to state what is true and valuable for THEM, not be told "what is right" for them according to your experience. I follow a much different path, the path of the Sufi and also the Red Road teachings as I have some Native blood. My ADC experiences with my beloved Ishaq have validated our beliefs that we continue after we leave our bodies. But it is also in our teachings that the afterlife will be what is appropriate for each person. So your experience is perfect for you, but not for me, and probably not for a lot of other people on this forum.

One of my earliest dreams of my beloved was of him walking down a mountain road, and next to him was a big brown bear with a salmon in its mouth. He looked over his shoulder and smiled at me, and continued walking on. The bear, for my belief system, represents the guide of the ancestors, and the salmon was abundance, also of the West. It was deeply meaningful and symbolic to me, and to many of Ishaq's friends, family and students, as he was a wonderful teacher, a Sheikh in two different Sufi orders. Other experiences I've had in dreams and in animal visitations are very clear for me, but to others that don't follow the same belief system as me, they might mean nothing at all.

Of course, you may have just posted this here and on other sites with no intention to ever read any response here (since you didn't register but just posted as guest). But I feel a need to post here for those of you who have very differing feelings or experiences with your beloveds after they have passed over. I am just one person, writing from my own experience, but I feel that whatever each of you experiences or believes is right for you, and whatever dreams or messages you are receiving, if they bring you comfort, than that is a good thing.

Peace and Blessings,

Anna Armaiti

• Members

Hey guys,

Thank you so much for all of the song recommendations!!!

I am so excited to have more songs to investigate. Everyone has their ways of grieving and music has been one of the ways I have been able to get by myself and just cry and release my grief. Usually though, I just listened to songs that I remembered my brother listening to or songs that I particularly remembered him walking through the house singing so that I could feel close to him. I guess we all have that feeling of wanting to just say one more thing or get one more hug or to see them even.

I have had a desire for songs that are about losing a loved one because there rarely is someone available to just sit and talk about what it feels like and songs have a way of getting into the heart of the matter without having to admit it to someone else.

Thanks and Love,

Laura

P.S. Since this IS the ADC, Vision and Dreams forum I guess I must tell you of something that happened a few nights ago. I was trying to get to sleep and heard someone walking up to my bed. I sat up and looked thinking it was my son. No one was there. So I dismissed it and curled up again only for it to happen again. Ok, so there was a crack and then another noise and the dog was curled up on the bed so I knew it wasn't her! I just kept thinking it was the windows settling etc... Then it felt like someone was moving my hair slightly like with their index finger...that was it! I got up and went to see if my son was up but he was in his bed. Now, sometimes I think I am losing my mind. But if it was my brother or someone else who has passed over, why in the world won't they talk or show themselves instead of messing with me, that is all I want to know.

• Members

DEAR LAURAANNE...I FEEL THIS IS SOMEONE WHO LOVES YOU VERY MCUH AND DOESNT WANT TO SCARE YOU..THAT IS WHY THEY ARE NOT APPEARING TO YOU.....PAY MORE ATTENTION AND ASK THEM WHAT THEY WANT NEXT TIME..DONT BE SCARED ..THEY LOVE YOU AND WONT HURT YOU.....I WISH SOMETHING LIKE THAT WOULD HAPPEN TO ME..AWESOME..INDEED....IT IS SOMEONE YOU HAVE RECENTLY LOST I FEEL..I HOPE YOU FIND OUT WHO IT WAS SOON..MESSENGER

• Members

HI EVERYONE,

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME ON THIS SITE BUT I WANTED TO SHARE SOME OF MY EXPERIENCES AND SEE IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME WHAT THEY THOUGHT....MY HUSBAND OF 13 YEARS DIED 11/18/2005 VERY SUDDENLY AND I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO TELL HIM GOODBYE..WE HAVE 2 CHILDREN AND BEING WITHOUT HIM HAS BEEN THE HARDEST AND MOST PAINFUL THING I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED..IM DYING INSIDE AND EVEN THOUGH I'VE STOPPED CRYING EVERYDAY...I CAN'T SEEN TO GET ON WITH MY LIFE...I FEEL AS THOUGH MY LIFE IS OVER AND EVERYDAY I JUST WISH I COULD SEE HIM OR TOUCH HIM OR TALK TO HIM...I PRAY TO DREAM ABOUT HIM BUT SINCE HIS DEATH I CANNOT REMEMBER EVER DREAMING ABOUT ANYTHING. BUT SINCE HE DEATH THERE HAS BEEN ALOT OF WEIRD THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPEND...FLICKERING LIGHTS..,ONE LIGHT IN MY BEDROOM THAT IS A HALAGEN LAMP THAT YOU TURN THE KNOB TO MAKE IT BRIGHTER HAS GOTTEN BRIGHTER THEN DARKER THEN BRIGHTER AGAIN...SEVERAL TIMES AND THIS SHELF ON MY WALL IN MY BEDROOM KEEPS FALLING OFF THE WALL..I'VE FIXED IT SEVERAL TIMES AND THE LAST TIME EVEN BOUGHT DIFFERENT BRAKETS TO KEEP IT FROM FALLING EVER AND THE OTHER NIGHT..IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT WHILE MY DAUGHTER AND I SLEPT IN MY BED..IT FELL OF THE WALL AGAIN..MAKING A VERY LOUD NOISE AND SCARING US TO DEATH...ALSO THINGS KEEP TURNING UP MISSING. IS ANY OF THESE THINGS MY KEN....OR IS IT JUST CONINCIDENCE???? I WANT TO COMMUNICATE WITH HIM ....IS THIS POSSIBLE AND HOW??

LOST AND EMPTY

KIM

• Members

Kim, I just came across this site, read your post and was blind sided by your handle "KimandKen" my brother's name is Ken, his wife is Kim!!

I am an indigo adult- I have an 11 yr old indigo daughter. I have had premenitions and adc's - spiritual experiences since childhood.

We seldom speak about them due to judgment, and honestly not even I understand it, so how can we explain it to others even if we wanted to try?

Your post touched my heart- from my own experience, dreams only come to me when I ignore a message, or spiritual happening, signs etc.. my guess and just my GUESS, you notice the signs he is giving you, there is no need for him to come through in a dream. I used to wonder that too, why I didn't have dreams about my lost loved ones, sometimes I do, but not very often and not nearly as often as I would like!

Signs come through as scents (may smell his cologne or a familiar scent all his own), a song, a touch, a thought, power play as I call it, the phone rings, no one is there, lights dim up and down or off and on, blue light especially, pictures fall off the wall or tilt, constantly fixing them. Doorbell will ring but no one is there.

In our house, my husband's grandfather often visits, tilts the same picture over and over, the door bell used to ring on it's own, I used to get so ticked off because I got tired of going to the door and no one was there, our daughter used to say "That's grampy joe" she never met him, he died before she was born, somehow she knew him, (indigo part of her) so one day the doorbell rang 5 different times in one day until I looked up at the ceiling and said "Okay Grampy Joe, I know your here, please stop driving me crazy with that stinking bell, I can't take it anymore!" do you know that door bell never rang on it's own again without someone being out there pushing it! coincidence? there are none in this world. Things happen for reason.

I am so sorry your heart is hurting, it seems that Ken would like you to talk to him, and would like you to be happy. Did you ever see the movie Ghost? When things are not complete or right here, they cannot move on either. You never have to let go, you are spiritually connected, but you do have to take baby steps forward for you, him, and your children.

Please read Embraced by the light by Betty J Eadie I feel you will better understand the afterlife, what they see, vs what we see.

Also, Conversations with God book 1 by Neale DOnald Walsh. I was recommended that book when I was really losing it- couldnt take it anymore and really wanted life to end. When it was mentioned to me I laughed thinking at that time no way would I understand anything to do with God, and at that time I didn't even know if I believed in God anymore. But I did read it, and learned it was not about God so much as it was about me, life, death, how we cope in between here and there.

Talk to him-- one more thing, my daughter used to be visited by an angel every night (we are not religious by any means but indigo and spiritual) one night at age 5 she called me into her room and she said "mommy, you know my angel friend who comes to see me every night?" I said "yeah" she said "well, she just left but before she left she told me I can't see her anymore, but that doesn't mean she will stop coming to visit, what did she mean?" I smiled and sat down on the bed and said "you are getting older now, and some things you may tell others and they won't understand"..I took my daughters hand and said "my mom mom was blind, and just because she couldn't see us, that didn't mean we weren't there, she still spoke to us, loved us, laughed with us, cried with us, your angel is no different, you may not see her, but that doesn't mean she isn't there with you" my daughter smiled and hugged me and said "oh, I understand now"

You are blind to see your beloved Ken, that doesn't mean he isn't there with you. Always. And he wants nothing more than to see you happy, and live your life to the fullest extent. know they give their blessings. The pain may never go away, but happiness does eventually come back into our lives- if we allow it to.

Lots of love and tons of hugs

Karen

• Members

Dear Kim - I also have contact with my partner. Ishaq, who crossed over last July. He mainly comes to me in dreams, but also in animal visitations (such as me going to the eye doctor being worried about some eye problems, and talking to him about it, and an eagle comes flying and changes direction to fly directly over me, hardly six feet over my head. To my, eagle is protection, and I knew it was Ishaq telling me I'd be okay, and I was. And at the small family memorial we had after his son's wedding, just as we pull out of the driveway a stag with a full rack of antlers lifts his head and looks right at us. In the Goddess tradition the stag is the symbol of the God who dies and is reborn - I remember his sister saying, "hey Ishaq, pretty good with the symbolims!"). And a few other ways. A while after he passed away I was sitting with his sister and brother-in-law and the smoke alarm - which was a pretty new one - just went off for no reason and nothing would make it stop - we had to break it to get it to stop! When I talked to my landlord, he said it's a law to have three smoke alarms now and he had them put in. I feel it was Ishaq wanting me to be safe. I've also felt him very present in nature, which makes sense as his heart stopped while he was laughing and playing in the river.

I talk to him all the time...I feel he is with me, but on a different dimensional/vibrational level. My belief is that when we cross over, just like in life, we have different ways of doing things from one another. I have a friend who "saw" Ishaq standing next to me as I sang a song for him last summer, but I don't see him. Your Ken affects the material world to try to reach you. Try just talking to him - he can hear you. Ishaq and I both had a mystical spiritual path, that works a lot with meditation, sound and breath work (we are both Sufi and I also follow the Goddess/earth religion path), so it makes sense to me that my contact with him is often in dreams. I've practiced dreaming and journeying techniques for years too, so it may be that is why it is easier for him to come to me in dreams.

As for the books, I would also recommend Deepak Chopra's "Life After Death" which validated a lot of the experiences I have had with Ishaq. Another one I've ordered but haven't read yet is "This Vast Being" by Anne Kreilkamp, about her experiences with ADCs and her departed husband. And for dreaming, I found the books by Stephen LaBerge on lucid dreaming to be informative.

I hope some of this is helpful and can aid you in communicating with your beloved Ken.

Peace and Blessings,

Anna Armaiti

• Members

Hi Everyone -- I am new here but I think you will all find this interesting. My mom died Aug/05 of cancer (age 75). We knew that she only had three weeks at diagnosis. She also chose to die at home. During one of our talks I asked her to please let me know she was ok after dying. She really believed she was going to a better place. Mom loved loons and one called just as she took her last breath. A week or so later I was sitting at the end of our dock watching a single loon and crying, and looking for her. I asked where was she and her sign. I moved to an entirely different spot and very soon a single loon popped up in front of me, turned to face me and her words came into my head "here I am" I started laughing because I knew it was really her. If it had been me I would have thought -there she is. Also my husband was diagnosed one month after my mom's death - also cancer but lung spread to lining of lung and bone. We knew he would die of this but not as fast as he did June 18/06 age 57. I also asked him for a sign because he knew of mom's sign and didn't think me crazy. The day of his service an immature eagle circled us at the cemetary and again at a reception we had in the back yard. Eagles were special for both of us, as we spent all ofour free time at our cabin on the lake. An eagle was always on a big pine tree and used to wake us in the am. I saw them many times this summer as I did new things like hwy driving)without Rick. I know he was beside me encouraging me on. I know with all my heart that they are still with me. A good song is "To where you are" by Josh Groban His words have real meaning. My prayers for all and hope we continue to recieve reminders of those we have lost Jane

• Members

Sorry to take another space but I was afraid of using too much time - the afternoon before Rick died he asked me to lie down with him. He said it comforted him to just lay there with my arm around him. He also chose to die at home and was able to. Any way that afternoon he said there was someone else with us in the room. I wondered if he was hallucinating because he did have strong pain meds but he said no, he didn't see them he just felt their presence. I asked if he knew who it was, God, my mom or his grandmother who he had been close to, but he didn't know. It gave my daughter great peace as she felt it was "Nana" his grandmother come to get him. Peace to all Jane

• Members

Jane - that is so beautiful about the loons and the eagles! On the day Ishaq passed, he was on a rafting trip with co-workers from the Red Cross where he was Emergency Services Director. They had stopped and were swimming in the water at a beautiful spot on the Mckenzie river. I wasn't with him, but his friend Tony was there. He said he heard Ishaq laugh and then he was unconscious. They pulled him out on the shore and did CPR, but Tony said he felt Ishaq's spirit leave his body. Just then two geese came flying by and one looked at Tony and honked. Ishaq's Sufi teacher had passed away a few years ago, and he used to sing a song "Wild goose, wild goose which is best? A wandering fool or a heart at rest?" We felt it was his spiritual teacher, who had come to guide him.

Peace and Blessings,

Anna

• Members

Thank you Messenger. Your words are very comforting. I will try that next time.

Kim, I feel for you and understand being scared by the shelf falling etc... Not long after my brother died, there were loud cracks in my room and I would get up turn the light on check the windows, (this was in summer so it wasn't the cold cracking the windows), and I even looked under the bed at a loss for what could be a logical explanation of the cracks. My son heard them too. They would wake us up. We would go to sleep and they would wake us up again! It is hard to believe that a loved one can only communicate by noises that don't make sense. I started to think it was a bad entity because it was scary but that didn't make sense either because it was so obvious that it was right after my brother's death and so it had to be him. I am hoping that we both will be able to find a way to talk to our loved ones.

Karen,

Your post was to Kim but it spoke to me. Thank you so much. (even it if wasn't FOR me.) I am with you on the doorbell thing, it happened to me when an old boyfriend, who was always taking me to get readings when we dated, died in a bloody car wreck. The doorbell rang 3 times that night and then a dream of a bloody face woke me up and I found out 2 days later that he had died in a wreck that same night. I had no doubt he had projected that to me somehow. I am going to try to find those books you suggested.

Jane and Anna,

I can also relate to the bird signs. I am too tired to go into it all but me and my mother and my son have all had bird "happenings" since my brother's death that we felt were significant. I myself had a several dragonfly situations, one looked right at me even when I walked up to it and nodded it's head at me! My mom says with so many signs I should be comforted that my brother is ok but I am just not there yet. I feel like I need to see him and hear him.

All of you have made me feel more connected through your posts. Thank you.

Laura

• Members

KAREN

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS...YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH I APPRCIATE THEM...I NEVER REALLY THOUGHT OF THAT BUT I GUESS ITS TRUE ABOUT KNOWING THAT HES AROUND AND PICKING UP ON THESE THINGS THAT MAYBE HE DOESN'T NEED TO COME INTO MY DREAMS, BUT I WISH HE WOULD.. I DID DREAM ABOUT MY KEN SOME LAST NIGHT BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER MUCH EXCEPT I KNOW HE WAS THERE AND I WISH HE WAS HERE...I MISS HIM SOO MUCH.. WELL I'VE FIXED THE SHELF SO IT DOESN'T COME BACK DOWN...AT LEAST NOT EASILY...LOL...BUT I KNOW HE IS CLOSE AND I DO TALK TO HIM AS MUCH AS I CAN WITHOUT ANYONE AROUND THINKING IM CRAZY...BUT MY HEART IS DYING AND I WISH I COULD JUST HAVE ONE MORE DAY OR EVEN ONE MORE HOUR TO JUST SAY GOODBYE AND LET HIM KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE HIM AND TO FEEL HIS ARMS AROUND ME....LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME WITHOUT HIM BUT I'M TRYING FOR THE KIDS TO LIVE AND MOVE ON.....ITS JUST REALLY REALLY HARD AND SOME DAYS I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF I'LL MAKE IT....BUT IM TRYING WITH GODS HELP ITS POSSIBLE I KNOW....JUST TREMENDOUSLY PAINFUL.....I WILL DEFINITELY TRY TO GET THOSE BOOKS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND THANKS AGAIN...ANY OTHER GOOD INFO IS MORE THAN WELCOMED!!

KIMANDKEN

• Members
michellemarie

I had another experience last week while taking a nap. In the dream I went to call my husband but when I pushed talk to dial I heard talking on the other line. So I hung up. I tried again and heard the talking once more. I listened more closely and it was my mom talking. I said mom is that you and she said hey baby as she always did when we talked. I said I missed her and was crying and she said oh baby. I asked her if she had seen Mead(her deceased husband) and she said no. She then told me to pick up the phone if I wanted to call her.

Finally after so many dreams I have had of phone calls we finally spoke.

It has been almost 7 months since my mom died.

• Members

I have had a similar phone dream. It was my grandmother. She passed about 4 years ago. My husband died 16 months ago. Well, in my dream, my grandmother called me and said, "I just wanted to know how you and boys were doing." I hadn't dreamed before a dream like that. It gave me great comfort. Last night I dreamed of my husband. He looked so wonderful. He was busy with plants, and I finally got close to him and we touched. I said to him, "Please don't leave me." He had the most tender expression on his dear face. I think that is the first dream I have had that we actually touched each other. Heaven. I am glad I am able get this out like this. I was very sad about it, since It can never really happen. But now I am feeling like it was a blessing to experience it in my dream. I was so anxious, then the feeling of relief when I knew he would not leave me. Peace to all

• Members

Dear Sidvis: I am so happy for you, that you had dreams with your grandmother and your husband! I find great comfort in many of the dreams I find with Ishaq. This one sounds much more like a visitation dream, which I believe happen where our departed loved ones can actually communicate with us in what a friend calls "the mezzanine between the worlds". I know when I have Ishaq in this sort of dream I wake up feeling happy and contented and peaceful, knowing he is with me still and will be with me for the rest of my life on earth. It is wonderful that you were able to have him visit you in this way, and your grandmother too!

Blessings,

Anna

• Members

Hi I just came upon this site. I have some questions that maybe someone can answer. It has been two weeks since my dad passed from a massive heart attack. I am having an extremely difficult time as he was my best friend....we lived together. I feel paralyzed in time and cannot function at all. Since his death I have experienced a few things in my home. The chandelair in the dining room flickered and grew dim twice. This morning I was laying in bed...dreading getting up because we had coffee together every morning. It was 5:12AM and my bedroom door was open about 1 foot. Although I was laying just staring at the ceiling...my doorknob on my door clicked as if someone was turning it. There was no one there because I quickly looked when I heard the doorknob click. Also 3 nights after his passing I was laying in bed halfway asleep...and all of a sudden my back just felt light...it felt different than the rest of my body...I layed there and concentrated on that feeling...and the only was I could describe it was it just felt lighter than the rest of my body.

Also I have had two dreams. The first one was I saw my dad sitting in a chair. He was sitting to the right of me kind of diagnolly in front of me. I coudln't see his face and he didn't talk but I knew it was him. The second dream was last night. I remember I went searching for him in my dream and I found him. But he was much younger maybe in his 40's....I went to him crying hystercially asking why do you leave me? How could you do this to your grandkids....In my dream I was with my kids...holding my baby and my two other kids were standing next to me. My daughter who is handicapped was extremely close to my father...they were inseparable. Anyways he didn't talk at all...he just smiled and reached out and hugged my daughter and then I woke up. Can someone please explain what I am expierencing. Is he really coming for comfort me in my dreams. I guess I want to know if I am imagining all this stuff in my home or could it really be happening?

• Members

Dear Chele721 - it sounds to me like your dad is coming to you in what are known as "visitation" dreams. And also letting you know of his presence still being with you by the physical things you have experienced.

Often, when we see our beloved family or friends that have departed in dreams, they appear younger, in their thirties or forties. I have a friend who is a Native American medicine man, and he had told me about this, but I've also read about it in other people's experiences.

I lost my partner last July, and have had many dreams with him. Some I know are just regular dreams, but visitation dreams have a different feeling - of feeling the love and warmth of his caring for me. Sometimes he talks, sometimes he just smiles at me, his face full of love. And there have been physical manifestations too - waking up after a dream of him with the bedroom door wide open, when I had closed it to keep an over active kitten from waking me up, etc.

I've also felt a kind of shift in the energy around me, like the sensation you describe in your back, which I've come to recognize as my beloved Ishaq's presence being with me.

I hope this helps a little bit.

Peace,

Anna

• Members

Dear Chele 721,I agree with armaiti,your dad iscoming to comfort you,i loss my son Nathan suddenly on his 21st birthday,and i have also had alot of the same things happen,I had a dream right after he passed,and it was so real,he came into my room when i was sleeping,i said omg,i knew you would be back he looked so happy,we talked ,it was like we were catching up on things.There is a really good book that explains all the things we experience ,the name is Hello From Heaven,by Bill and Judy Guggenheim...

• Members

Thank you so much for your replies. I ask my dad to come to me and let me know he is with me. For instance this morning I honestly felt as if someone sat down on the bed next to me. I talk to him every morning and night out loud as if he is still here. I don't know....it gives me peace. I love and miss him so much and I feel as if my whole life has changed and it's like I am living someone elses's life without him. I guess I just keep hoping he will walk through the door and I will wake up from this awful dream. I have heard of the book "Hello from Heaven" and I want to get out and buy it. Everything is life now is such a challenge. We use to eat dinner together everynight and now dinner seems like an impossible challenging chore. He was a diabetic so I always had to cook his food a certain way. I just miss everything about my life that I had with him. He is my best friend. It is so strange because I now find myself getting frustrated at my husband all the time. He doesn't even have to do anything wrong. I really got mad at him when I found him sitting in my dad's chair. Why am I pushing him away from me now? It's like I just want to be left alone with my kids and my father's memories. I don't know if maybe I think he is trying to take his place....Anyways look forward to getting to know you all better.

Michele

• Members

hi all-

my boyfriend died oct 25th 2007 and there have been several things that have happened since then that make me wonder. on the way to his funeral, my friend was driving, i was kinda talking to him in my head, asking if he was ok, telling him i love him, etc, and all of a sudden there were two shooting stars right in front of us. ive never seen a shooting star in my life and he knew that. also, he was in the coast guard, and there was this song that he used to tell me he listened to when he was away because it reminded him of me. its an older song, so not one i had heard on the radio often before he died. but since then, there have been many many days that i hear it every time i turn on the radio. one day when i changed stations it was even on the next station i switched to. there have been other things as well, but its difficult because this is something i have never believed in before. i know he cant play songs on the radio, etc. but at the same time i want to believe that he is trying to tell me that he is ok and he loves me. what do you guys think, coincidences, or is it him?

• Members

DEAR SAMRTB...........SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAVE LOST YOUR BOYFRIEND.............I FEEL VERY STRONGLY...............THAT THE EXPERIENCES YOU HAD WERE YOUR BOYFRIEND............LETTING YOU KNOW HE IS FINE AND WITH YOU..........MORE NOW THAN EVER..........YOU ARE SO BLESSED......TO RECEIVE SIGNS........MANY DO NOT

KEEP TALKING TO HIM.HE HEARS EVERY WORD AND KNOWS HOW SAD YOU ARE SINCE HE LEFT..MAY YOU HAVE MANY MANY MORE SIGNS.........BLESSINGS SENT YOUR WAY

MESSENGER

• Members

messenger - thank you so much for your posting. i read it before work this morning and all day i just kept imagining him with me. its comforting to know there is someone who doesn't think im nut and really thinks he is here with me. his mom is really religious and doesn't believe that he is here or that he can see or here any of us. i love her, she is a great woman but it makes me so sad to think that way. i wish i knew why, if our loved ones were here, they won't just talk to us and let us know that. all i want is for him to just appear and tell me he loves me. i talk to him every day as if he is sitting in the room with me. i really hope he can hear me. but anyways, thank you again for your message. it really means alot.

• Members

DEAR SAMRTB,,,,YOU ARE WELCOME..THAT IS TRUELY HOW I FEEL...THEY KNOW EVERYTHING..OUR THOUGHTS..OUR EMOTIONS..HOW WE ARE SO SAD MISSING THEM..I KNOW MY HUSBAND KINDA FEELS LIKE HIS MOM...WE LOST OUR SON AT AGE 27 ALMOST 2O MONTHS NOW...I SPEAK TO MY SON ALL THE TIME AND I KNOW........................HE HEARS ME,,,,AND I KNOW YOUR BOYFRIEND HEARS YOU WHEN YOU TALK TO HIM,,DONT STOP...KEEP IT UP....IT HELPS US ALOT TO KNOW..THEY ARE WITH US MORE.............NOW..........THAN EVER

.I KEEP OUR SONS PHOTOS IN SEVERAL ROOMS AND TALK TO HIM SEVERAL TIMES A DAY..FIRST THING IN THE MORNING I KISS THE ONE IN OUR BEDROOM AND ASK HIM TO WATCH OVER HIS SISTERS AND DAD........

MAY YOU FEEL THE LOVE OF YOUR BOYFRIEND ......AND MAY HE COME IN YOUR DREAMS.........LOVE AND PRAYERS

MESSENGER NO WAY ARE YOU NUTS.............~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Members

Dear Samrtb: I agree with Messenger, you are not nuts! My soulmate passes away suddenly last July 28th, and I talk to him every day. He comes to me in dream,and he's shown me signs with feathers and animal visits like stags and hummingbirds an ealges and hawks. What matters is that the signs have meaning for you. Ishaq was a very spiritual person, a Sufi Sheikh who did spiritual practices for almost 35 years on a regular basis. I think that our beloveds can't communicate in the same way they used to, because they are on a different vibrational plane. My belief is that when we cross over, we continue, but in another form. Your boyfriend is with you, can see you, but he has to try and reach you in different ways. Maybe he can't play the song on the radio, but he can affect the vibration of reality in a way that causes someone to put that song on their playlists.

I feel lucky that Ishaq's family all have more mystical spiitual backgrounds and all accept that he is with us still and can communicate with us. I talk to Ishaq every day, and like Messenger, I keep his pictures in the house. I have an ancestor altar set up in the bedroom with his ashes and his picture and the water socks he was wearing the day he had the heart attack in the river,and other tokens he has sent me or friends have given or made. I keep it on my west wall, the direction of the ancestors in my tradition (which is Sufi and Goddess and Native American, I have a pretty eclectic background!) It is still hard andI miss him every day of my life and will forever but I also believe when I die I will cross over and step into his arms, and we will walk together again in the forms we recognize each other in from this lifetime. I believe life is a circle, so we will reincarnate again as soulmates, and live again and again.

I hope this has helped a bit,

Peace,

Anna

• Members

thank you both for your messages. they mean so much, because him still being with me is the only thing i have right now to keep me going. ive had so many people think im reaching for things, or and just looking for something to get me through this, but it means a great deal that two people who seem to know more about these things think that yes he is still with me. im starting to really believe he is. there are just too many "coincidence" and other little things that ive never experienced before.

i have taken down all his pictures, and i moved when he died (we lived together) because it was too painful. i have pictures of us online on myspace, etc so i can go look at him when i want, but it is too hard to see him every day and to be reminded of what ive lost. i give both of you alot of credit for being as strong as you are. i know that what we are going through is one of the hardest things life has to offer. and you both seem like wonderful people, to help me along the way, and to remain strong in your love and beliefs. so thank you again, and i hope that all these signs continue, for both of you as well :-)

• Members

DEAR SAMRTB,,,,,,,,,,,,JUST CONTINUE TO BELIEVE AND KNOW...........HE IS STILL WITH YOU AND LET THAT GIVE YOU THE STRENGTH .YOU NEED DAY BY DAY TO GET THRU THIS.........................TALK TO HIM ALL THE TIME..................AS I DO MY SON...THEY DO ......HEAR US AND FEEL OUR PAIN............KNOW YOU AND HE WILL BE TOGETHER SOMEDAY...........AS I WILL WITH MY SON................

SENDING YOU HUGS AND GODS STRENGTH...........'LOVE MESSENGER

• Members

ok so i guess now for my next question..............when my boyfriend died he and i were in a huge fight. our last conversation was more a shouting match than anything, and we both said some things we didnt mean. i, of course, told him i didn't love him. the things we said we far from the truth, he was my soulmate, and i his, and of course i love him very much. but that fight haunts me. he was angry at me when he died, and im scared as to how that translates into the next life? yes there have been positive signs that ive shared here. but id be lying if i didnt say that part of me wonders if its him when things go wrong as well. we loved each other very much, but i dont know how to know i have his forgiveness? im scared he blames me for his death, after all he was driving around upset from our fight when he got in the accident. i worry that the positive signs werent really him, but taht he is still angry with me wherever he is. whenever i talk to him i tell him how sorry i am for that day, and how much i love him, but it hurts that i will never know if i am forgiven. does anyone have any thoughts on this?

• Members

DEAR SAMRTB,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,HE HEARS EVERYTHING YOU SAY TO HIM ..KNOWS YOUR THOUGHTS...............SO I FEEL.......YOU ARE FORGIVEN.........................HE KNOWS ....THAT YOU ARE VERY SORRY................AND HOW MUCH YOU LOVE HIM...

I TOTALLY BELIEVE THIS~~!!!!

LOVE AND PRAYERS

MESSENGER

• Members

thank you for your reply messenger. part of me feels he wants me to be happy, and he is sending me signs to be ok, and the other part feels he wants me to be upset and is trying to teach me a lesson when things go wrong. i know its stupid to feel that way. i love him so much, thinking of that day makes me sick. its taught me alot though. the fight was stupid, not even about anything important, but you just never know when someones life can be taken. i thought i had forever with him. i hope you are right. i hope that negative things are just life, but the positives and the signs - that is him. thank you for your help with this, it really means alot!

steph

• Members

DEAR SAMRTB,,,IT MAKES YOU REALIZE JUST HOW PRECIOUS LIFE IS AND ALL THOSE AROUND YOU..EVEN NATURE...THE SUN..YOU LOOK AT IT ALL.............DIFFERENTLY NOW...DONT YOU??? I DO.................

I AM VERY SURE HE WANTS YOU TO BE HAPPY....ON THE OTHER SIDE...I DONT THINK THEY ARE NEGATIVE..................ONLY POSITIVE AND WANTING THEIR LOVED ONES TO KNOW THEY LOVE THEM AND ARE STILL AROUND THEM MORE NOW THAN EVER..................IF YOU GO TO THE LIBRARY..SEE IF THEY HAVE HELLO FROM HEAVEN........BY JUDY AND BILL GUGGENHEIM............GREAT BOOK WITH LOTS OF TRUE STORIES OF VISITS,,,DREAMS..SIGNS FROM LOVED ONES..ONCE YOU PICK IT UP ..YOU WONT WANT TO PUT IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A MUST READ FOR ALL THAT HAVE LOST SOMEONE CLOSE..EVEN PETS..

PRAYING YOU WILL FIND PEACE AND COMFORT AND SIGNS ...........FROM YOUR BOYFRIEND

MESSENGER

• Members

i look at everything differently now. it sounds so cliche but things that seemed so important before, just dont anymore. i find ive become the one to resolve conflicts instead of being stubborn like i used to. i also have a weird feeling about life in general. and what i mean is, on the one hand, i dont want to be here, i want to be with him, but on the other im appreciating more the little things, the sunrise, warm days in the middle of winter, becausee i know how easily it can be taken away. in some ways i feel i need to live for him. it makes me so sad to think of all the things he is missing out on now. he cant go to the beach or meet his friends for a drink. he cant see a sunrise, or a sunset. he never got to move to california like he wanted, and he and i never got to open a restaurant together like we had planned. it all just makes me so sad and so angry.

thank you for the book suggestion, i may stop and pick it up on my way to work. have you read "the five people you meet in heaven"? i think it was also made into a tv movie, but the book is great. i read it in one sitting because it was so good. anyways, thank you for all your advice, my prayers are with you as well

steph

• Members
brujablanca

I would like to set up a forum for all victims of drunk drivers and for the survivors who have lost loved ones in a DWI accident. My dream and vision is to find an end to this horrible and senseless crime that is looked upon as nothing. Not once has a drunk driver gotten the sentence they deserve and those in power judges, lawers, etc. don't take it seriously enough. There's a work for what drunk drivers are: murderers. Those states that offer the death penatly should hand down that sentence to those who commit DWI homocides. The numbers are alarmingly increasing of DWI offenders who kill and are released into the streets to do so again! My intention here is to set up a sanctuary for all victims of drunk drivers. Together we can stop this murderous mayhem. My heart and soul goes out to all of you who are grieving. Please share any and all stories you would like. I am here for you. Namaste, BrujaBlanca.

• Members
brujablanca

samrtb

First let me tell you that although hurtful words were said, he will always know that you love him and he loves you. When we cross to the other side some say that we see things for what they really are, and I believe that too. The fact that we see things clearer when we die and cross over is a sure sign that he sees how much you love him and how terrible you feel. I think the bad things that happen are not from him, but bad things happen and we tend to think it's something we did to deserve it. Don't believe that for a second. You don't deserve it and your love for this person can only make the good signs stronger. Honest. It is so hard to make sense out of tragic accidents such as your loved one, but sometimes it is as "simple" as this, though it is never really simple. God needed another angel in heaven, and he happen to be one. When our loved ones cross they don't hold things against us, and he knew you loved him so don't think for a second that you are not forgiven. Think of it this way, you've suffered more than enough, and he knows that. Since you loved each other in life, he didn't want to see you unhappy or punish you then right? No reason he would want to now. What happened wasn't your fault. I hope you find the peace in your heart that you feel when you know you are not only forgiven, but no grudge should be held against you in the first place. The fact that you loved him proves you are a warm and loving person, and there is no reason for you to suffer. Take a special notebook and write every GOOD sign only that you feel is coming from him. Read them over when you start to think the bad stuff is happening or if you feel bad at all. Remember all bad things come to an end. Keep close to your heart the good that comes and know you are worth it. Find peace, I will be praying for and thinking of you. Sorry I wrote so much, but you are in so much pain and I hope you realize it is time for you to end that guilt. Blessings! Bruja Blanca

• Members

thank you so much for your post, and especially for the candle. i cant tell you how much that means to me. best wishes to you.....

steph

• Members
brujablanca

Any time. Remember you have to forgive yourself and realize that no one else holds a grudge against you. Namaste, Bruja Blanca

Archived