Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members

Worldwide Candle lighting has begun...From Healesville, Victoria, Australia @ 7pm Sunday. In memory of my first born Micheal Shane Hendrie & all those children whatever age, taken far too soon.

post-271120-0-87569800-1323596187_thumb.

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

thanks my life does need to go on in good ways Dee.... Betsy. thanks for the message. dodge sucks. Everything I did ..complication.. will try to work on it.. thanks carrie

• Members

Beautiful candles Trudi, I am holding you. I know Michael is wrapping his loving spirit around you all.

• Members

I am terrible at music, artist and groups....With that said last year around this time someone posted a video (YouTube) of a Christmas song. It was a group and they were like on a stage singing with a moon in the background...Sorta looked high schoolish..but they are a popular group and I can't remember who it is. Any ideas? I know dumb question but can't get it out of my mind.

• Members

HEY NICKS DADDY YOUR SMART HOW CAN I GET KOURTNEYS VOICE ON FB AND ON BI...I WANTED TO SHARE IT BUT CANT UPLOAD IT....I CLD EMAIL IT TO YOU IF YOU KNEW HOW?????????????? IF NOT NO WORRIES

WENT THREW MY YAHOO MAIL LAST NIGHT OF OLD FOLDERS.....GEEZ I WAS IN HIGH HOPES OF BRINGING MY GIRL HOME...LIL DID I NO ......I ALMOST SOUNDED BLAZAY' (SP) ABOUT IT...LIKE I REALLY THOUGHT SHE WLD MAKE IT...WHAT AN IDIOT...

THEN I FOUND HER VOICE OF HER VOICE MAIL....:(

THATS ALL I GOT TODAY...WERE NOT DOING CANDELINGHTN AND IM LIL DOWN ABOUT THAT....THIS FUKN SUCKS

• Members

HEY NICKS DADDY YOUR SMART HOW CAN I GET KOURTNEYS VOICE ON FB AND ON BI...I WANTED TO SHARE IT BUT CANT UPLOAD IT....I CLD EMAIL IT TO YOU IF YOU KNEW HOW?????????????? IF NOT NO WORRIES

Email it to me and i'll figure it out.. dan (AT SYMBOL) cmonova.com

• Members

Dan, so nice to see Nick's handsome face again. How have you been Sir? I will try to find the song you are speaking of...any more clues, was it rock or country or what?

dee

Lorri, I hope you can get Kourtney's voice saved and able to be heard. What a treat. I know that you are sad Honey, I know. I am thinking of you.

• Members

I'm good as can be as you well know.

I think it would be rock but it was a christmas song. On a stage, half moon in the background maybe snow...I know im' terrible at explaining

songs and tv shows..

• Members

I will look, I am thinking of my favortie: 2000 miles by Chrissy Hynde, the most beautiful Christmas song ever!!!

• Members

Okay a funky utube, there are more to this song but the song needs to be heard right now, I am sobbing, it does this to me. This is the song that 100 third graders sang in memory of Erica that first Christmas without her at the school where I teach. It was the song I suggested to the music teacher in the summer before school let out and then Eri was killed and he knew what the song meant to me, so taught it to the kids and presented it at our Holiday sing by saying, we learned this for Ms. Conmy in memory of Erica Reith.

• Members

and another version with Charlie Brown, still sobbing Guys.

• Members

Here it is Dan and Dee. Dee shared the link Dec,08,2010, BI page number....ha ha. back there somewhere.

http://youtu.be/z1rYmzQ8C9Q

• Members
Tweetymm125@aol.com

is it toda y

I light a candle AT what time?

• Members

7 PM Eastern Time if you're in FL.

• Members

Thanks for the song, Dee, and so sorry that it still brings tears, but somethings always will, won't they?

Just wanted to let you all know that I am thinking of you today. Lorri, sorry that you are not doing the candle lighting...is it just not being done in your community, or are you personally not doing it?

Trudi, the candles look beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Did some present buying for the kids last night, online. Haven't been to a store yet, except for a few things I've picked up over the year. It seems almost that I am in another world when I think of doing anything for Christmas, but Mike did mention last night that he would like to have some Christmas things around. The doctor called (from Dartmouth, where they are doing the surgery), to tell us that after seeing all his paperword from his recent hospitalization, labs, ct scans, etc., it would seem that his health is more fragile than they thought and she is thinking he may not be able to do the chemo/radiation treatments, as it would set him up for infection too many times, and that would ultimately push the date for the surgery out further and further. So, she (the oncologist) is going to talk to the surgeon tomorrow to see what they decide together. My thoughts are a jumble right now...trying so hard to hold on, but my insides are melting away like jello next to a hot stove. FAITH. I know that I need to continue to call on that. What haunts me is that part of faith is "Thy will, not mine, be done." And "Praise God in all things." Those were both read at church today. My heart felt as though it were being pierced with a spear. "Pray unceasingly" reverberates through my brain and keeps me going.

If they move his surgery up, I don't imagine we will be doing Christmas here, as I expect he will be in the hospital for at least two weeks. Will keep you all posted. Please, squeeze us into your prayers. Each day is a freaking nightmare. But not all day. Sometimes we are able to just put it aside and relish the moment. Thank God for that.

love to all...you are all in my heart and in my prayers. Will be lighting our candles and thinking of each of our precious angels.

• Members

Dee...hope you are doing ok now. It is a lovely song. Thanks for sharing.

Carol...keeping you in my prayers and hope all goes well for you this week.

• Members

SOMEONE HAS DROPPED THE BALL OR I TRUTHFULLY THINK THEY ARE BURNED OUT OF CF AND OUR COMMUNITY AS FAR AS I NO ISNT DOING IT...WE WILL DO IT HERE AT HOME....NICE AND WARM AND PRIVATE.....

DAN I SENT IT TO YOU HOPE YOU CAN DO IT....I CAN HEAR IT I JUST CANT SHARE IT WITH BI OR FB...I CAN EMAIL IT TO PPL...I SENT IT TO MARCIA AND I HAVE BETHANYS VOICE BUT I WANTED TO SHARE WITH YAL TOO...REGAN KOURTNEYS NURSE SAID IT ISNT THE WAY SHE PICTURED OR HEARD IT IN HER HEAD OF KOURTNEY...

• Members
Tweetymm125@aol.com

Thanks I am in Fla I woll light one at seven

• Members

Good Evening Indigos

Just came by to let you know I think of each of you every day and that I did light a candle at the "Worldwide Candle Lighting" in remembrance of all our Indigo angels

Dear Dear Carol and Mike/Ralph you are in my prayers daily I know that need to pray unceasingly

Dee, Sherry, Susannah, Betsy, Rhonda, Karen, Diane and all Indigos holding gentle thoughts of each of you as we all try to face this Holiday Season

• Members

Grass is dormant for the winter (or so i'm told) from the sod expert I got it from ;)

Gotta get a night picture..had to replace some batteries and will try soon.

nickchristmas2011.jpg

• Members

Candle's lit......very down tonight, teary, sad, lost, trying hard to be "smiley" for Tavian but having a hard time of it.....He will be in bed soon and then I can have a good cry which will make the third time today.....Some days are just that way....

Thinking of all of you, keeping you close to my heart and always in my prayers......Kathy

• Members

CANDLE LITE HERE TOO, 3 OF THEM KOURTNEY MY BROTHER LARRY 42, MY DAD RALPH 27,

post-275957-0-78419500-1323652334_thumb.

• Members

Three candles here as well, one for Eri, her Dad, and one for all of our Angels as they gather to witness our light. And tears a plenty with the found song for Dan from the hard work of Betsy, thanks Betsy, now I do remember that beautiful song, love COLDPLAY but had forgotten that song adn the words which laid me out again today.

Full moon is lit for our KIDS or maybe from our KIDS reflecting back the lighted Earth waving at our DEARHEARTS who are gone too soon. Oh Sweet Angels, my ERI, hold onto our lights as we do yours, let us make you smile in all we do here and we will always hold you closely, take you with us everywhere we go. I hope you don't mind my speaking aloud to you, I feel you hear me/us, I cannot go a day without speaking to you. Help us be the best we can be as we find our steps each day, know that no matter how short your time here, the love is forever.

Carol and Mike (Ralph) bless you as you deal once again with the unknowns in this upheavel. May your hearts find some balance and peace with your faith, and know that the prayers being spoken need not be squeezed in, rather set in gold and silver and spoken with hope and true hearts.

• Guests

I don't know if we did it right. I almost forgot until the last minute. I found five candles...one for each of the kids and one for me and Gary. I didn't think about lighting just one for the person who passed...instead each of us lit one for her. I could have lit one for my sister and my mother, but I only thought of Stephanie. We each stood quietly and thought about Stephanie and then we each lit our own candle. I spoke her name and dates. I didn't put us in the picture because my hair isn't fixed and I'm in my robe. Mariah's hair was dripping wet, so we just took a picture of Stephanie's urn and the candles. Is there a right way or traditional way to facilitate it?

post-285768-0-19891200-1323655629_thumb.

• Members

.(,)

. . _.-ﺜ-._

. . |. . . . l

. . |. . . . |.

. . |. . . . |.. Keep this candle burning in memory of the CHILDREN GONE TOO SOON

.. ♥ღ./.ღ♥..

• Members

Oh how lovely to hear Kourt's voice...thank you Lorri for sharing it and Thanks Dan for finding it for Lorri, what a wonderful treasure.

Susannah, there is no wrong way to honor our KIds on the candle lighting day, glad that you could do it as a family.

• Members

SWEET JOY. TU DAN. DAN IS THE MAN. IT WAS ME SITTING AT CEMETERY RECORDING FROM MY PHONE TO MONTY'S PHONE WANTED TO CAPTURE ALL I CLD. GLAD I FINALLY GOT TO SHARE

• Members

All the candles are beautiful, and the love represented for those we have lost is the most beautiful of all. I am too new on this journey to really have had any time to properly plan for the Worldwide Candle Lighting or any other form of remembrance, so I just got a single candle. I have been looking a memorial candles similar to Nick's, but it will take planning and time to choose the one I want....maybe by next year? All of the pictures and songs posted recently are beautiful also. Thanks to all for sharing. Also listened to Kourtney's voice. So happy that Dan was able to upload it....So thankful for technology. Not doing too well lately. Not crying, just depressed, angry and exhausted. I do check in daily, but have just lacked both the motivation and anything useful to post. Think of each of you and our angels throughout my days and nights.

• Members

http://neverlosefaith.com/images/kourtneysvoice.mp3

Test test. Someone see what this does

Never mind didn't wk

Lorri ~ I heard this very self assured young woman.....'give me a call back'. If only. I have a DVD with Mike being interviewed for a scholarship fund ad...gotta work out how to download it and attach it...

The candles and memorial tributes to our children are truly beautiful. They lived, they are part of us and everyone should know that.

I have always believed that parents who lose a child are drawn to each other. Complete strangers who meet and in a moment tell their deepest secret, they have lost a child. Today as I walked Muttley back from the post office a lady came up and asked what type of dog is he. The conversation went on about her old labrador missing her son. He died 2yrs ago this January, suicide. She is now raising her grandchildren, his wife unable to reconnect with 'family'. We talked for 1 1/2hrs just standing in the street. Her son had called her to talk as he took a rope and ended his life.

He had been in the Army and was part of the body recovery teams sent in after Black Saturday, a job no one could do and remain unchanged forever.

She told me how she felt she didn't fit in the world. Sounded so familiar. Then she told me she had lost another son earlier. She patted Muttley as she talked. She is angry at how people who have never experienced loss at this level are so wise in the ways of grief.

I will have a coffee with her sometime in the future and tell her of the Indigo's..the book of 'Dumbass' and let her know that there is a parellel universe where we are understood, cared for and supported...

Just thought I'd share.

• Members

Trudi: I agree...you can meet a perfect stranger, and in just a few moments of a shared sorrow, can relate as though you've know each other all along...it happened to each of us in Minnesota, and we are all the richer for it. Remembering....

I am so glad that you and this woman met. I hope you get to share that cup of tea and some more talking. Sending love,

• Members

I wholly agree with Carol, Trudi, that this woman and you were meant to meet and Muttley, in all of his Sir Muttley-ness, was the conduit. Your Boys, each smiling as they watch their Mums stroll the paths of their lives. Peace to you All, going to school after a walk under the early morning moon, so clear and silver bright. Straightens my crooked thoughts out to make me ready for the day.

Susan, no, I don't have a candle like the one that Dan has either, but maybe one day. I just light some of my favorites and put them in the windows in our kitchen and front rooms so that the light spills out and calls out to the Kids, "we are here in unison, all of us across the whole big world, calling you, reminding you that you are loved but forever..."

Your anger and feeling very low are par for this course adn I am sorry, so sorry for anyone having to face this but so glad that there is a place in which to talk about it. Keep talking Dear, it is why we gather together.

• Members

This is our youngest son, Aaron (18) at Lambeau Field for the first time. Creating new memories, that is what it is all about.

Colleen

post-274133-0-96410200-1323697730_thumb.

• Members

Kate - Saying Jeff's name and holding you and your family close today. May Jeff surround you with his spirit and may you feel his arms around you.

• Members

Kate - Saying Jeff's name and holding you and your family close today. May Jeff surround you with his spirit and may you feel his arms around you.

Thank you Susan! Really feeling it today. We are off to the site with some flowers in a litle while. We woke up to sunny skies. A beautiful sunrise for this day of rememberance.

Colleen...He has a great smile! Love the pic. Life goes on... does it not?

My friend from Africa sent a lovely song by U2 about Father Christmas that really stirred up the emotions. They were his fave band. It hit to the core. Dee is so right how the music can be bittersweet.

Thinking of all of you and wishing you a lovely day.:)

• Members

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff

Saying his name loud and clear.

Jeff and Brian and friends in heaven.

Thinking of you today Kate

Colleen

• Members

JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF....THINKING OF YOUR FAMILY TODAY...

GOING TO DOC TODAY FOR MY SURGERY CHECK UP...PROB WASTE OF TIME...IDK...IN A FUNK....WISH IT WLD PASS...IS IT MARCH YET?

DID KOURTNEY SOUND THE WAY YOU PICTURED HER?...JUST WONDERING

I STARTED TO PANIC YEST I THOUGHT "WHERE IS KOURTNEYS DRIVERS LICENSE?" SO I TEXTED BRENT....HE SAID HE STILL HAD IT IN HIS WALLET....HOW SWEET IS THAT THAT HE STILL HAS IT IN HIS WALLET AND IS REMARRIED....THEY EVEN ORDERED WEAR GREY IN MAY TS...:) MADE ME CRY

• Members

Thanks for thinking of Jeff today. I was just sitting and looking over the cards of condolences that we were given. The one in particular that means the most to me.... was given to us from a group of street people that he had helped. He worked for a temporary employment placement agency. Mostly saw the rough side of life, but also much goodness. He made many friends. They signed beside their names why he would be missed. The card read: "Some people touch the lives of others...by the kindness they show, the joy they bring, the friendship they share. Jeff touched the lives of many and will be deeply missed. And beside their names were notations such as, GO VIKES! WIN!...I'm one that will miss him...Farewell my friend...and on and on.

Apart from being his Mom...I have to say that he was the best friend in the world. It truly is a great loss. On the front of the tribute card at the memorial we had a pic of a lake and a forest area where his ashes are scattered. Inside there is a picture of Jeff at at Blue Jay's ball game, in Toronto. He had gone to Toronto to attend a U2 concert and also see a game. He was having a blast. Beside the pic was wiritten a prayer.

AN IRISH BLESSING

May the road rise to meet you

May the wind be always at your back

May the sun shine upon your face,

And the rains fall softly upon your fields. And until we meet again,

May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

Rest in peace, my beautiful boy. Until we meet again.

• Members

Lorri: Yes, oh yes indeed...Kourt sounds exactly like I imagined...full of sweetness and in a hurry to get on with the next good thing. Thanks so much for sharing such a sweet treasure as your beautiful daughter's voice. So heart-healing to know that Brent still carries her driver's license with him.

• Members

Kate: you are in our thoughts today, and we are with you as you travel to your son's memorial site to honor his life with your beautiful memories of him. Go lightly, my dear, as we all carry you in our hearts.

Jeff...Jeff...Jeff...know that you are always remembered and loved til breath runs out.