Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I Am Dying...

platinumblon

• Members
canadamaryann

hello everyone, it has been a long time, but I have thought of you all often. Since my last post I have moved into town, found homes for most of my pets, gotten a open lung biopsy and all the regular just living stuff that continues to happen not matter what your health is. I am currently waiting to go to Toronto to be assessed for a transplant. I took the news that I was terminal pretty good but the recent news that I have to move once again to Toronto to be close by for a transplant I am afraid I am not taking to well. I will be away from my family and friends for possibly over two years, and there is no guarantee that I will receive a lung. The only sure thing is I will die without one. I feel selfish, I know the chance of a transplant is a gift, but the thought of perhaps wasting what little time I have left with my family and friends is almost unbearable. Just the thought of finding a new place and moving exhausts me, I am wondering if anyone has had a transplant or is waiting for one or know someone that is in the same situation??? I just want to quit thinking about it but the thoughts won't leave me in peace. I have been reading your posts on and off, but I just felt by venting about something that I had not felt was very serious was selfish. It just all seems so surreal and like I will wake up soon and find it was all a bad dream.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B,

I have been wondering myself where everyone was???? I have been looking for Marilyn to post everyday and hoping she is resting comfortably......Mark, I am thinking of you everyday. I am o.k. just get really tired with low energy even sometimes to write but you are all in my heart every single day.....

• Members
clittlelady

Hello to all my Friends. I've missed you all. You have all been in my prayers, as I know God's mercy and love is what keeps us all afloat and shields us through our every storm. Each day brings new trials and I look to him daily to see me through, to see us through. The tragedies and heartaches that we've endured, the sadness that we are still living through and troubles, in the end, they will all fade away and will be forgotten. Our faith and goodness will be rewarded. Marilyn, a NEW LIFE, awaits us all, one that is unblemished, flawless, trouble free, no heartaches. Our Mind, body and soul will be renewed. Some of us will get there before others, but prayerfully, we'll all get there. I know, I will know you. To each one of you, my friends who get up in the morning and choose to see one more day through and who choose to press on and not give up to our feelings or emotions, you all bless my heart. This is a special place, special friends, special family. Love to you all this evening. I pray God grant you each what you need for this night and tomorrow and every day thereafter. I pray he keeps us all as strong as the tree planted by the waters, so that we shall not be moved. Stand strong.

Love Connie

• Members

Connie,

What you wrote is so beautiful and will help me to get thru this day...Just what I needed to hear....thank you!

• Members

For Canadamaryann~ My 25 year old son departed in June of 2004- He donated all of his organs except for his eyes, and saved 5 lives... Please know that he leaves me messages, signs, you name it, ALL the time and know that he will watch over you as you journey on into this time. He is a BEAUTIFUL angel and he will wrap you around his huge wings and take care of you as you await this transplant. His name is Danny... Talk to him and he will listen!! I love you and be not afraid... My Danny is with you!! xoxomamabets

• Members
clittlelady

LAURA:

Thanks. Your words have been so uplifting. Off and on through the months, I've read different forums here and each time I read your postings, I feel that I've learned something. This is truly a lifesaver for me to have stumbled into nine months ago. It astonishes me as to how, through something so painful, the coming together of strangers can bring not only comfort and peace, but the feeling of friendship and love. I mean, I know it has to be God's hand, that's the only explanation I can come up with.

Take care until next time. Peace and comfort to you this evening.

Connie

• Members
clittlelady

CANADAMARYANN: I have a close friend and coworker that spent probably the better part of ten years taking care of her husband, whose health continued to fail in many areas. His adult onset diabetes, his Crohn's disease, as well as several other complex diagnoses, eventually damaged his kidneys and pancreas beyond repair. He had served in Vietnam and was subjected to Agent Orange.. He suffered dialysis for quite sometime. They were told that a transplant ultimately would be the only thing to save his life. They had been on a waiting list for probably two long years. They were both weary and about to believe it just wasn't going to happen. He had begun to believe that even if it did, he wasn't up to the surgery, much less the recovery period. Finally, late one night, I received a phone call, the "news chain" from work, our call list set in force several years ago finally took place. The organs were awaiting them two one hundred and fifty miles away. They set out in the night, kind of in shock, it almost seemed to good to be true. He did survive the surgery. His recovery was very long and difficult. He went through many bouts of depression. It almost seemed as though he lost himself for a while. However, there is a burst of sun coming to this story, He has regained his health and his personality. He has lived to see both of his sons married and just welcomed his first two grandsons, two months apart, this year. He has returned to his business as an insurance agent. Life seems once again to be good for he and his family. It wasn't easy by any means, but ask him today if he has any regrets and he'll tell you, no, none at all. I hope and pray that you will have a peace and comfort in all your decisions. The mind is a powerful thing. It can greet success or bring failure. Choose in your heart what you want and determine your mind to hold onto it. You will be in my prayers for all you are in the midst of. Keep us posted. We care. I care.

Connie

• Members

Connie!!!

So glad to hear from you -- I must echo Laura, your words of comfort are a healing to the spirit. Thank you ever so much.

Welcome home

b

• Members

Family

Strength and blessings to you all through difficult and good times. You are all in my prayers and I know I am in yours.

Peace,

b

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Canadamaryann, please do not feel selfish, because this is about you, and about someone precious enough to offer you such a gift. I will offer my prayers for you, that you will be able to receive your gift. My wife is one of those dear people who requested to be a donor, even though we have no idea how long she'll continue to survive her illness. If there is anything we can do to help, we'll do all we can in the search for a perfect donor. Even though this time away from home and family will be difficult, I hope you can find things in Toronto to enjoy and make you feel more comfortable and at home. Take good care of yourself, please. We're always here for you. Mark

• Members

Marilyn,

I am thinking of you and praying for you. I miss not seeing a post here from you but hope you are able to at least read that I am thinking of you daily and that you are in my heart and prayers. Rest my friend and trust in the lord and in his mighty power.....he will raise you to soar like wings on eagles!

• Members
clittlelady

Hello to al my Friends Here today. I hope this day finds you in good spirits.

MARILYN: You're in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that whatever this day brings you all that you need. I hope and prayer you are able to read this and remember how much love you have being sent your way. Remember how much you mean to us all here. God Bless you.

Your Friend.

Connie

• Members

Friends/Family

Just checking in on everyone -- each of you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know that we are all surrounding Marilyn in light, peace and love --

blessings,

b

• Members
clittlelady

Hello to everyone. Hope the weekend has been a good one for you all.

MARILYN: Really Missing You. Love and Peace to You my Friend, wherever you are. This Journey has been a sweeter and richer one for me, for having met you.

Love.... Connie

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Hi kids, is everyone having fun this weekend? Marilyn, I hope you're doing well, in spite of it all. luv ya.

Connie, how's everything? How's hubbie? My prayers always have you in them.

B, It's so good to see ya here. I find your peaceful ways so relaxing and refreshing in this crazy world. May you find what you need for the day.

Laura, thank you for stopping in here. You always seem to be a little ray of sunshine. Hope this weekend is happy for you and your little ones.

We're still about the same. It seems like there's not much going on, except for spending a little more time on the lake this year. I was beginning to miss my boat a lot. My children love the boat, and my grandson is begging to go fishing with me. My wife is still hurting a lot, but at least the nursing home is still trying to get her in. By the time they do, she'll need a permanent bed there. I'm sorry for that sarcasm. There's a lot of stress here, and it's all linked to the illness and its effects.

luv yall, prayers 2, me

• Members

Mark

Thanks for your kind words -- I believe we all have and bring a certain energy into everything we do -- I'm glad that you see my energy as a peaceful one.

Prayers to you and yours -- I just know that your wife's guardian angels are busy making sure she gets everything she needs and desires -- I know that God wants for us "every need met" -- "no pain and no sorrow" and this is my prayerful offering to you and yours.

Connie and Laura good to see/hear you both -- take care of yourselves and those you love.

I'm asking for prayers for my cousin Jerry who is in the hospital in Los Angeles striving to survive cancer. As you all know I don't have siblings, neither does my cousin, so we were "sisters" growing up. It is so difficult for me to believe that folks I grew up with are dying -- the spirit never ages and when I hear that a classmate or a growing-up-partner is dying I feel it is much too soon. Anyway, please say a prayer for my cousin -- I know you all will do so.

Love you much,

b

• Members
clittlelady

B: Hi Friend. Right back at ya, always love to hear from you. I want you to know, I'll will surely include your cousin in my prayers. As sure as this world turns, everyday brings something new to us, some welcome, some unwelcomed, but still we are left to cope and accept as best we can. I'm sorry that your cousin is in this battle, but it does not belong to them alone. Take Care.

MARK: The Lake? Sounds wonderful, the visual is so tranquil and serene. Why does water have that influence? The ability to soothe and relax? Add a Mountain next to it and you've got the nearest thing to heaven on this earth, in my opinion of course. Husband is trying to adjust to blood pressure meds. I had to take him to the ER last Friday night. He left his shift early (which he has never done in twenty three years) and told me he needed to go to the ER (which is almost unbelievable that he would admit he was ailing). When he got to our home, I took his blood pressure. It was 172/121. I took it twice. Same reading. My heart sank. He was complaining of a horrible headache. So we immediately left and he was evaluated. His blood pressure still high when we arrived. Ultimately, started him on one med. He followed up with his doctor the following Monday, who added another one as well. So for us, strict diet, low sodium, no sugar, exercise and yes, of course, lose weight. He has to lose fifty. I have to lose #$... That's code for I'm not telling. Guess I've got to find some humor in it. He scared the daylights out of me, so now I'm the food probation officer, packing his lunch, inquisitioning him on his intake. I think he's really loving the attention though. Thanks for asking Mark. His job situation is still the same, but we don't worry about it anymore. It's God's business. Thanks for remembering us. I'm concerned about our Friend Marilyn...... MARILYN, ARE YOU OUT THERE? WE MISS YOU!

Mark, hang in there Friend.

LAURA: Hi!. Hope your day was a pleasant one. You, as all my special friends here, are in my prayers. God Bless....

Conne

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

B, I'm a firm believer in the power of prayer. I'll keep Jerry in prayer. I am so sorry. Please remain hopeful and keep your faith alive. Please let us know how she is doing. luv ya, Mark

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Connie, I am worried about your hubbie. This is a little too high for his BP. Of course, us boys will milk these things for the attention of our beautiful ladies. I'm the same: "honey, I have a very sore neck." Now, it's not any fun, cuz she hurts sooooooo muchm it's impossible to fuss over me. Still, she wants to, which is where her heart is. Take care of him, and if you need me, I'm rite here. If you need, I'm willing to give you my fon number. luvz, me and my fam.

• Members
clittlelady

Good Morning to All... I'm making a mad dash to get ready and out the door to work. It's go well, this job change, wish I had made it a long time ago.

Mark, you're too precious. Personal email is ranaeulibarri@hotmail.com, if you like. I'm thankful to God for friends like you, you mean more than those I've known a lifetime who are as my Mother would say, "fair weather friends". I hope this day brings a little rest and jeuvenation your way.

LOVE ALL YOU GUYS...

MARILYN... To the sweetest example of not giving in and not giving up, to the strongest woman I know..... You're in my heart and prayers. Love Ya my Sister. Will seek your face out in that crowd one day. Your Friend...

Connie

• Members

I wasn't sure where to post this but wanted you to know because Marilyn told me how important this group was to her. My good friend Marilyn White died Friday afternoon. The funeral is today in Sallisaw, Oklahoma. I am very sad for myself but know she was very ready for this transition. She was in my cancer support group here in Fort Smith, AR for the last year and a 12 step group with me for the last 18 years. It's so funny because when I invited her to the support group I was sure I was the one that would help her. I have lived with breast cancer and my husband having to have a liver transplant and the death of many family members and I thought I knew a thing or two, but as it turns out she was the teacher for me. She taught me how important it is to tell people the truth and hold nothing back. She also taught me to live my live as well as I can. I thank God for allowing me to be her friend and for this group for all it did to help her and strengthen her. My last words to her were I love you. I can see her now sitting between Elvis and Ray with that huge grin on her face and will continue to hold that image through my grieving. Thank you again for being here and I will be back. Lisa.

• Members

Lisa......Somehow in my heart I knew that Marilyn went home.....I only got to know her for a short time but in that time I learned what a true "champion" was besides my dad and dear husband. The porch lights were on when the stars were shining to welcome her home. Thank you for letting us all know. I am saddened and will keep her in my prayers as I always do.

• Members

Lisabe

Like Laura, I knew that my dear sister had made her transition to the other side -- I just felt it. Marilyn and I had such a strong connection even though we only knew each other a short time. I have a feeling that was part of her personality -- that she met no strangers.

Please give our love and support to her family and let them know how much she meant to us here.

So many of Marilyn's words I have printed out to add to my journal. She is a blessed and special individual. As she sits between Elvis and Ray I know that my grandmother will come, bring her a cup of tea and a warm roll, and sit with her keeping a beat with her foot as they enjoy the music smiling --

Love to you for celebrating the life of a dear soul.

Bahiyya

• Members

For Angel Marilyn~ Go find my Angel Danny and laugh, sing, and dance among the stars!!!!! I love you and am at peace for you today.... Betsy xoxoxo

• Members
clittlelady

To Lisa: Thank You for confirming what I had already felt in my heart and spirit. Meeting Marilyn and sharing with her, has left me a much richer person. Dying and living are so intertwined. I loved being her friend and knowing she loved us here in return as her friends as well. I look forward to the day that we meet again. Thanks again for telling us.

To All My Friends Here: I feel a release for Marilyn, that she is no longer bound, but soaring with all that spirit she so possessed. Her passions are new ones and stronger ones. Her body is anew and she adorns a new glorious mane of hair. No more hurting arm and weak days for her. I rejoice in having known her and the warmth she brought to us all in what could be seemingly construed as her darkest days. I think she found much light in them and new meanings for much of her life. God said to all seasons give thanks, a time to be born and a time to die.

God Bless You All... Love, Strength and Peace be with you.

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Lisa, thank you for telling us about Marilyn, and we pray you and yours and hers will be comforted in your loss of a very special and dear lady. We all share something here, that of being her friend and loving her as she us. Our prayers are with all who grieve. We can all be comforted that she no longer suffers from the cancer. She is with our Lord in Heaven, enjoying everlasting life. Marilyn, we love you.

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

B, Thank you for visiting "our" website, which in reality is yours too, a haven for us all. I'll keep a prayer for you, as you and Marilyn have been close friends through recent months. She appreciates you so much. Please feel welcome to visit as often as you like. We're always here, and we want to know how you're doing as you continue with your work. May you be blessed always. hugz for a friend, Mark

• Members

You know guys, I didn't know Marilyn well until but I just feel "we" lost one of us.....I trust she is in good hands now. I imagine she is now looking down on us all with fondness and is very peaceful...bless you all!

• Members

Mark, Marilyn, Connie and Laura - family

Thank you for being in my life -- for just seeing me in the light of God -- thank you for listening and responding -- thank you for loving beyond measure --I so miss you Marilyn, but like your other family members I know that you are enjoying the high life (pun intended). :)

Family, I spoke via email to Marilyn's sister Stacy and she asked me to let everyone know how much we meant to Marilyn and to her biological family. I promised to keep in touch with her and I promise also to keep in touch with you all here. My personal email address is bahiyyaa@yahoo.com -- if you don't hear from me -- drop a line.

Peace, love and Blessing to all of us -- and most especially to our Darling Sister Marilyn.

b

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

yeah, Laura, it feels like we lost a very close and dear friend. She was here such a short time, but grew so close. When we're touched by this pain and sorrow, we grow close to each other, and sometimes we become almost like a family.

B, I pray you do stay close. We think the world of you. Please tell Stacy we're praying for her and her whole family, and we're truly sorry for this deep and sad loss. I have a feeling we'll hear from each other, just like friends do. My prayers are always with you, my sweet friend, Mark

friends of our dear sis Marilyn

• Members
clittlelady

For All My Friends Here:

I feel we have all been here at the same time, not by accident, but by appointment. Yes, Our Sister is, as the old saying goes, "walking in high cotton" and she's not alone. She, as well as each one here have been a very important part of my healing. We all have our hurts, our tragedies, past and present, but the we've all held on to someting very special, very necessary to survive all of the above and that's our faith. Even on it's weakest day, it's strong enough to pull us through. I believe it pulled Marilyn through and she's with our Father.

B: Thanks so much for sharing with us about Stacy. I'm glad to know contact was made with the family. This seems very odd to me, the way I feel about Marilyn's absence. Even though it was only a short time of knowing her, she made a huge impact on me. I have a peace about her absence.

God Bless each and every One of You. We will talk again.

Love... Connie

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Connie, do you remember, from last summer, Jennifer's adopted first name? Her adopted parents named her Stacey. When B said Marilyn's sister's name, I couldn't help thinking of my baby, who wanted to tell her daddy that she's okay in the arms of our Lord in Heaven. Every hurt is here for a reason. The Lord didn't say He'd give us the easy way out, but He did promise to be by our side every step of the way. I take having our Lord beside me through the bad days. Thanks for being here for me, my dear friend. luv ya, always. Big hugz too, Me

• Members
clittlelady

Hi Mark.

Yes, I do remember, but I honestly hadn't made the connection. What a beautiful way of sending a message to you. I couldn't agree with you more, who are we to think it should be trial free? God's presence is with us, even when we don't acknowledge it or are distracted. I know he is with you and your wife. I know he is with Rich and I. He will see us all through. Being here, conversing with you, it's a tremendous strength for me, a blessing. I couldn't have made it nearly as well without you and others here who possess the spirit of Love, Compassion and Encouragement. As Marilyn once said she thought she could pick me out in a crowd, I feel also that I would know you the same. Thanks for your friendship and sharing. Talk to you Later. God Bless.

Connie

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Connie, Marilyn is right. You're the one with the big smile and a compliment for everyone. We'd know you anywhere, girl. Oh, you know me. I'm such a blind clod, I'd trip over my own daughter in the airport (I did). Have you ever noticed that we all seem to go through similar swings of the pendulum here? At times, we can all be down in the dumps. At others, we lift each other up. Ya know, even though my wife and I have gone through this losing battle with the dystrophy, we're lucky, cuz we have walked this path together, and we have our children and our grandson to share all this love with. I keep you kids in prayer. Hope our Lord gives you both a great week. Mark

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Hi B, how ya doin'? I hope you're doing very well, and having a fun summer so far. We're still doing the usual up here, but then things don't change here. My wife's meds had to be increased again, so we're waiting to see if her pain improves. Talk soon, Mark

• Members

Family

I am constantly adjusting my conscious awareness to be in harmony with Universal principles. I have been challenged for the last year and a half trying to find gainful employment in Georgia -- meanwhile Georgia is experiencing its own economic depression of sorts. Nevertheless I move forward. I have decided to rechannel my energy into creating my own space, or rather -- occupying the space that God created for me.

Keep me in your prayers.

B

• Members
clittlelady

B: So Good to hear for you. I want you know I'm wishing the best for you in all your endeavors, however, you are already a success, in so many ways that some people could never begin to comprehend. Continue to follow the path that has been laid out before you, your heart is good and pure. Trust your instincts. I have a very positive feeling in my spirit about you. Georgia? Of course you know I'm in Louisiana. The peach isn't far from the magnolia??? (Smiling). I always hate it when I travel and someone says, "Where are you From?" I have even had some people to ask me to "say y'all"????

Take care Friend. Look forward to talking again soon.

Connie.

• Members
clittlelady

Hi Mark!

As always Friend, it's a pleasure to chat with you. You all (y'all) continue to be in my prayers. I hope the meds give some ease and some rest.

I find so much truth and worn wisdom in your words. I pray for strength and guidance in all that you do. Once again, as my Little Mother would remind me, There is a Reason For Everything. I have to admit, it's only human to sometimes veer into the direction of trying to figure it out. That's usually when my mind hits the brakes and says, whoa little girl, this is to big for you, let your Father be concerned with it. Don't know if you remember some of what I've shared months ago, but I've never had a relationship with my father. He wanted nothing to do with me. It has always been something that I have felt like I didn't really miss out on. As a little girl though, there were a few points where it seemed curious to me as to just what it would have felt like to have someone say, "child don't worry, I'll take Care of It or Let me ease this burden for you, come rest a while in my arms". God showed me that he was the Father of all Fathers and would never deny me, that he would ease my pain, if I would but give it to him and he would ease my sorrows if I would allow myself to rest in his arms. He has shown me time and time again, that not only has been at my side, but he has walked before me for my salvation. These are the thoughts that will carry me through this life.

Mark, don't know why all that just spilled out of me, it wasn't premeditated or anything, but I just had to share it with you.

God Bless You and Yours this Night.

Connie

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Connie, I'm glad it did "spill" out of you. I remember. I'm the kid who became a daddy at 13, and I never saw Jenni. I have one daughter who is still out there somewhere, also adopted at birth. She was born when I was 15. Thank you for saying what you did. I would have loved the chance to have a relationship with my girls. I'm still looking for Jenni's half sister, but these searches are very difficult, and slow, and heartbreaking. My prayers are with you two, hoping all is going as well as possible. We're both stressed, but you understand. She may need to be hospitalized again, so I'm very worried. I know, place the worries in the hands of the Savior. Here's to us who survived and thrived in spite of nonexistent parents. May God bless ya my sister, Mark

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

B, you are occupying, and this is good. he gave you the space, and you are doing what you're s'posed to. You're alright. I admire you, your sense of peace, and willingness to persevere so much. May you be blessed for being you. Me

• Guests
Guest Guest

hi i'm in abit of a state, i know this is going to sound stupid but i don't know what else to do anymore, i have found alump on my tongue, allthis has been going on for about 4 months having to wait to see doctors, went private in the end and am waiting to see him again next tuesday, lost so much weight unable to eat properly, can't chew very well, I know it's cancer even though no one has said it yet ,but i know deep down, i have a great husband, two beautiful children and i'm falling apart. sorry for going on, i know i should be stronger, am really depressed, and just feel so alone

• Members
clittlelady

Guest:

No, it doesn't sound stupid and you're not alone. Even though it's human nature, try not to assume anything, especially the worse case scenario. Even if it were cancer, there are so many different forms, that it may very well be one which is treatable. I know Tuesday is a long time to wait for the results, but if you can, take these next few days to relish in what you know and have now, your husband and your precious children. As I'm sure you already know, each day is a gift, no two the same. Focus on one day at a time at this point, which is really how we all should look at our life. It's easy though to get caught up in the everyday routine and struggles, that is, until something suddenly puts the brakes on our routines and throws us into a tailspin.

I have a very strong immediate family history of cancer and have witnessed different forms and different treatments. I know that miracles are still out there, as I have witnessed those as well. I hope you know here is a place where you can share and receive support and encouragement through whatever you are faced with. There are good people here who have suffered and are still suffering many different trials, as you probably have read some of the posts here. Talking about it seems to make the journey a little lighter. You can make it through this trial.

I hope that you will find rest this night. You will be in my prayers. I hope to talk to you again.

• Members
clittlelady

Mark:

Yes, I remember. You know, I'm sure you've thought of it many times in your life, but even though you're not physically present in the lives of some of your children, for whatever reasons, your ability to be their prayer warrior and keep them lifted up, is a very, very special role as their parent. If they could know you, they'd know you for the heart you have now and your wonderful spirit. God said he would grant us the desires of our hearts if we put him first, he just didn't say when it would be granted. Possibly this life? Possibly in our eternal home? All things ARE possible with him, as you well know. I feel comfortable enough to speak candidly with you regarding these things. I know you believe. Don't stop.

Good night to you my Friend.

Connie

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Connie, if you're trying to make me cry, you succeeded, sis. I have one email account dedicated to the search for my other daughter, and I check it daily. Even though I couldn't and can't be a part of their lives, I'm in their hearts by prayer. Yes, I believe, and even though I'm from a conservative theology that didn't believe a lot of what we see here, I now believe things because I've seen them happen in front of me. I always pray for you and your hubbie. Now, go do something to spoil yourself. Talk soon, Me

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

To our new Guest, I am sorry you are facing this extremely stressful time. My prayers are with you. Openly rely on your husband, and let him know how you feel about things. This will keep you from having so much stress that it becomes overwhelming. My wife has one of the dystrophies, and it will result in death, but we have no way of knowing a life expectancy. Life to the fullest now, and enjoy your children all you can. They are one of life's greatest blessings. We are always here for you, to listen and help you all we can. Please feel free to write anytime. We pray you get good news from the doctor, and peace for your heart.

• Members

Surviving a Heart Attack (just read)

This one is definitely worth your minute: I suffered a heart attack recently and I did one thing that brought almost immediate relief.

With all my strength I tried to stretch my body and overcome the bending position one is forced to when suffering a heart attack.

I put myself in supine position, put my STRETCHED ARMS TO THE SIDES at slightly greater tha right angle and stopped tossing and turning and moving my fingers, which I thought was the best way to REDUCE ADRENALINE – the main culprit of a HA. I felt almost immediate improvement in the depth of my breath, the pain the muscle cramp started receding. After 15 minutes I was able to stand up.

Putting arms to the sides looks to make the chest and muscles inside it expand and that streches the cramped heart muscle (like soccer players stretch their cramped calf by bending the foot to the maximum, just raise your arms above the head level and you can see it does make the chest expand). Staying totally motionless seems to induce a state of maximum relaxation of the body (which reduces adrenaline.) and muscles (including the heart muscle).

Please try using this technique when facing death. It can really help you and your relatives survive a heart attack.

Greetings

Peter

Archived