Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Realization

John9

• Members

John,

I am so sorry this treatment is going so badly. Prayers that these issues are resolved quickly and you feel better soon. 

Gail 

• Like 4

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John9

• KayC

• tnd

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Oh John, my heart breaks as I learn of this development, I am so sorry!  They should be able to give you the same thing the hospital did!  Please keep us informed as to what they do about this, totally not acceptable, I'm so sorry. 

Prayers.png

• Like 4

• Members

John, my prayers are with you brother. Try to get any nutrition you can, hopefully it will give your body strength to get better. 

• Like 2

• Members

John, 

Glad the tests at the ER showed that you are stable and that you can move forward with your treatment.

Prayers for you will keep coming. 

Gail

• Like 4

• Members

Good news john9 that they released you and you can have your treatments. That is a relief. I hope you're feeling better since the mishap with the nurse. 

• Like 4

• Moderators

Oh John, I am so glad for the relief it's bringing and thank God your son has a connection that is helping you out!  One day at a time, my friend, and you're getting through this one. :wub:

• Hugs 2

• Members

John,

I am so glad they are now giving you some effective pain medication.  That's a good first step.  The iron should also help. So glad your son's friend could access some for you.  

You are being a real champ pushing through all these hardships as best you can.

Praying for things to get better for you. 

Gail

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

@foreverhis

Glad you made it through the floods of last week.  Looks like another rain train is coming but perhaps a bit south of you.  I sure hope you get a break in this series of flood events.

From what I have read there are a lot of roads closed.

You and Cosi take care. 

Gail

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Hello all,

I have not been doing well with the feeding tube, many issues with the toilet. I had my first Radiation treatment today and I am feeling nauseous from that. Tomorrow is supposed to be the first chemotherapy also, I don't know if my body is going to make it through this. I have taken something before the Radiation and just took something else that the Oncologist prescribed, hopefully they will take the edge off. I really need this to end. Take care, John

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 4

• Members

Oh John, I am so sorry for all of this you are going through. I hope all these after effects will ease and that your treatments will be effective. Rest, try to stay strong and we will be here with all of our prayers and thoughts.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
On 3/21/2023 at 9:40 AM, Gail 8588 said:

@foreverhis

Glad you made it through the floods of last week.  Looks like another rain train is coming but perhaps a bit south of you.  I sure hope you get a break in this series of flood events.

From what I have read there are a lot of roads closed.

You and Cosi take care. 

Gail

Thank you, Gail.  We were in a 4 hour lull.  We're currently in a wind, hail, heavy rain front.  The south is forecast to get a harder hit because the storm front is coming up from a southerly track.

The storm started just after midnight and by 9 am we'd had nearly an inch.  Originally, this was to be a "normal" storm and end early tomorrow.  No such luck.  The forecast is now for about 2 inches more and for rain to continue through tomorrow evening.  Everyone in town, including me, took advantage of the break to run quick errands, walk the dog, or just get outside.

We were supposed to have 10-12 days of no rain after this, but the new forecast is for a 3 day storm starting early next week.  Cosi and I will snuggle together, regardless of the weather.  Every day, little by little, she believes me when I tell her she's home forever.  She still wants to be wherever I am, which is good most of the time, except when I need to do my PT in the cat-free room or home maintenance where she could get in the way or be hurt.

I discovered this morning that the little one has too much pudge.  She was about a pound underweight when I adopted her at 8 lb.  As a Bengal she is very active and needs about 10% more calories than average house cats, so I let her have it the first month.  I switched up her food a few weeks ago to more wet (nutrient dense for the number of calories) and less kibble (good fiber and veg for digestion).  This morning after I weighed myself (woo hoo, down another pound this month; 21 to go), I picked her up:  10.1 lb.  The reason, I realized?  The little cutie has been conning me out of two-three extra kibble portions every day for 3 weeks!  Nope, not going to have either of us unhealthy and too chubby.  Of course, she looks at me with the pathetic face and, "I'm soooo starving.  You haven't fed me for hours."  I'm sure she'll manage.  I only buy her the best food and she's not a picky eater.  I do not give her people food at all, except 1 tsp cream twice right after I adopted her and was easing her in to her new home.

Raleigh's dad and I did the first visual introduction with Cosi on Sunday.  I rigged up a temporary screen at the top of the landing.  That's what's recommended for the visual phase.  They're well through the smelling and hearing each other phases, even sharing blankets back and forth to really integrate their scents.  Raleigh and her dad were at the foot of the stairs with treats and Cosi and I were on the landing, also with treats. 

I knew Raleigh would be fine--she has lived with cats her whole life and is pretty chill.  Cosi did really well too.  She didn't freak out or get aggressive or hiss or run away.  After eating her treats while listening to Raleigh's dad (whom she adores) talk to her and watching Raleigh, she was more curious than anything else and wanted to get through the screen.  But we're not ready for that yet, so after 10 minutes, I took her back to the bedroom.  We'll do that again during visits for a few weeks and then remove the screen if all goes well.

She's an adventure and a sometimes frustrating, loving joy every day.

On 3/15/2023 at 3:31 AM, KayC said:

Annie, I tried to find out something about the area you're living in but not much to go by with "central coast" as the predictions were okay, so glad you were spared the worst, but that is still a lot of rain for the ground to absorb.

The Central Coast does span a pretty broad range.  Morro Bay weather reports are the closest to me.  I don't think our community makes the national weather service.  Inland is our county seat of San Luis Obispo.  North on the coast are Cambria and San Simeon; south on the coast are Pismo Beach and what's called "The Five Cities"; inland north has Paso Robles and Atascadero, world renown wine appellations.  Avila beach and the Diablo Nuclear Power Plant are between Morro Bay and Pismo.  Inland from San Luis Obispo is Edna Valley, another world renown wine appellation and where our friends have their award winning small winery.  The north end of the Central Coast is Monterey Bay and the south end is Santa Barbara.  Our county is smack dab in between them.  We're the central Central Coast.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

John, my heart is hurting for you today.  One thing after another, piling on challenges to your already challenging life.  I know this time would be immeasurably better with your loving wife by your side and wish so much that we were all closer to each other.

Please take care as best you can and know that we are all with you in spirit.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

John, Continuing to pray for you!  You will get through even this, though there may be days you wonder.  Iris did, she gets her port out Friday...the worst day for travel is Friday and Saturday (will be getting tons of snow).

I hope you have a ride to/from chemo, too hard to drive yourself, imo.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
13 hours ago, KayC said:

I hope you have a ride to/from chemo, too hard to drive yourself, imo.

KayC,

Yes our Son has been driving me and his friend says he will drive me when our Son can't. I had my first chemotherapy today and immediately had a reaction and they had to stop it and give me something to counteract the effect. It felt like my face was on fire. Luckily the Nurses and technicians were able to restart the drugs just at a slower rate. That did make our Son have to reschedule some of his clients, which he had done already in order to take me. Hopefully next time I will be able to do it quicker. But now I have to "pass" the blood testing each week and hope my numbers are good enough to have the chemotherapy. The drugs that they gave today seem to have worked so far to keep me "normal" .

And yes I am fearful of attempting to drive myself, because most of the driving is on the freeway. And if something were to happen the police would wonder if the drugs were a cause. I don't feel like there is anything different, but how many "drunks" have said they are fine to drive and then cause an accident or harm someone. I just don't want to be a burden on anyone. Take care, John

• Hugs 4

• Members
On 3/21/2023 at 7:18 PM, foreverhis said:

John, my heart is hurting for you today.  One thing after another, piling on challenges to your already challenging life.  I know this time would be immeasurably better with your loving wife by your side and wish so much that we were all closer to each other.

Please take care as best you can and know that we are all with you in spirit.

foreverhis,

Thank you for the comments. All I can do is try my hardest to do what they ask of me. And yes if my loving wife was still here, maybe I wouldn't even be having these issues right now. I know the grief and stress caused many of my issues and probably at least contributed to the cancer. At least some of the Nurses and Doctors agree with me. Take care, John

On 3/21/2023 at 6:13 PM, Gator M said:

John,

Prayers for your comfort, your healing, and your spirit.

Gator M,

Thank you. John

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members

@John9 my husband had a reaction that sounds exactly as yours did when he was going through immunotherapy. But it only happened the once thankfully. So I'm hoping and praying that it will be the same for you. Please keep your spirits up and keep us all in your thoughts as well...we're all praying the best for you John.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

John,

I am glad you were able to complete the first chemotherapy. I hope it will go more smoothly with the rest of the treatments.

You are in my prayers every day. 

Gail

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Chemo is brutal, no doubt.  I've watched my friend Iris go through this every step of the way. She was fortunate to get rides as it's about 140 mile round trip to the cancer center from here.  Her husband had long haulers Covid and her cancer, they were fortunate his daughter came and took care of them (from another state no less!) and when she had to leave, another daughter came, it was amazing...my kids can't help me so I'm thankful to have not had to face this, but even with all the support in the world, it's tough.  I am committed to praying for you, John, I know this is not a picnic.  I'm sorry you had that bad reaction right off the bat. :(  I'm glad they cut it back and it went more tolerable after that.  So glad for your son and his friend!

• Hugs 2

• Members
4 hours ago, Gator M said:

John,

My brother, I'm praying for you.  To go through this, in addition to your grief is truly awful.  

Prayers for healing, comfort, blessings, and peace.  We're pulling for you. 

Gator M,

Thank you and I am not sure if I ever expressed my condolences for the loss of your wife, if I didn't I am now and if I did, I am again. Grief is a terrible thing and then when there are other things happening without that special person, it really hits home, how much we miss them. Take care, John

• Hugs 2

• Members
12 hours ago, Gail 8588 said:

John,

I am glad you were able to complete the first chemotherapy. I hope it will go more smoothly with the rest of the treatments.

You are in my prayers every day. 

Gail

Gail 8588,

Thank you and I too hope that the treatments get easier or at least not any worse. Take care, John

• Like 3

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, John9 said:

hopefully they won't get sick of helping me.

I doubt they will.  And I'm glad they gave you anti-nausea drugs!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Alone. Again.

I echo SIM7079's words and I'm thinking of you. You are in all of our thoughts John. Thank you for keeping us in the loop. We care. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Members

@foreverhis

I am glad the doctor came to the conclusion you suspected all along.

Cosi is so lucky to have you, and you are right to do what you can to live up to your commitment to her.   Our fur babies are members of our family.  They give so much of themselves to us 

I hope the storms have cleared out in your area. 

Gail

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, foreverhis said:

I look at Cosi, this beautiful, smart, feisty, slightly crazy, silly, loving girl, and know I need to try to stick around for her sake.

Not ridiculous at all!  I can't bear the thought of leaving Kodie or even Panther, I know Panther would survive as he always has, yet he would miss his family...and Kodie, all he has known is being my companion, here in this home in this neighborhood, and loving Jazzy...change any of that, it'd be really hard for him.  He is my incentive to keep going.  It's for him I shoveled 13" of heavy wet sludge yesterday and will again today...hoping for a little less today please!

I am glad the mammogram didn't display anything heinous and also am glad they'll just keep an eye out in the future, the sooner we can catch something the better.  But I'd go on with my life in between, it could be nothing...

8 hours ago, Gail 8588 said:

I hope the storms have cleared out in your area. 

Yes, how is this going?  Haven't heard much this week...

And @John9 Thinking of you and hoping the feeding is going better.  My friend Iris got her port out yesterday but is very distraught over learning her best friend is dying...I hope it doesn't waylay her desire/will to go on.  So important to keep going and give it time to see what good can be left for us, yet I also understand that enough is enough sometimes...my dear friend is going through so much.  She's an amazing person and I want to see her full of life.  Physically she's years behind me, I've aged so much this year.  But I keep going, doing what I can do.  You are going through so much right now and my prayers continue for/with you!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Sparky1 said:

It's not like her though to not post, even when she was in rough shape she posted. 

I'm thinking she maybe passed, she never would have gone this long, and that concerns me esp. with the environment she was living in.  No way to know. :(

• Sad 5

• Moderators

John, I am so sorry.  I know it was really rough on Iris, I can't imagine anything worse.  Do let us know what you find out.

5 hours ago, Roxeanne said:

i don't trust that family!

Me neither.  I went back and read her last week's post (June 4-11) and it seems their usual drama, the husband had told her she needed to leave, the son came back home, more yelling, drama...anything could have happened.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
4 hours ago, KayC said:
4 hours ago, KayC said:

Me neither.  I went back and read her last week's post (June 4-11) and it seems their usual drama, the husband had told her she needed to leave, the son came back home, more yelling, drama...anything could have happened.

I have the feeling her heart simply gave up. One cannot have those low oxygen levels she had regularly, combined with the amount of stress she was experiencing, without seriously damaging  it. I'm just sad that it had to happen in such a toxic environment. That sucks. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 3