• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John9

• KayC

• tnd

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

John, everywhere I hear medical are dropping the ball.  I hate they put you in this position.  I hope by now you are home and they will figure out the next plan of treatment.

For me it's my taxes, they've had them a month, still haven't done them, much more snow coming and lasting. This is what I was afraid of, but I couldn't get them to get on the ball.  They don't consider where I live.

• Hugs 4

• Moderators

John, I'm sorry it's making you sick.  Praying you can keep some food down!  And not feel so sick. :(

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

John, I'm so sorry for what you are going through, no, none of it easy. Just rest John, rest and eat what your body can tolerate. And think of us here all praying for you and sending you healing thoughts. 

• Like 4

• Members

Indeed, Gail. I understand that John is struggling and can’t be with us right now. I keep him in my thoughts and heart. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Angel Wings 1

• Moderators

John, my heart goes out to you, none of this is easy or fair, you sure don't deserve this...I guess life doesn't dole out what we deserve.  I just wish this was all behind you.  I hope you know we are all rooting for you.

Last night I met the husband of a gal I used to work with, she was 56, died of cancer three years ago, third time...I wonder why I am here at 70 while she is gone, she had a husband to live for.  Seems so unfair.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

John, I am so sorry.  Of course it doesn't make sense, none of this does.  Continuing to pray...

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

John, you are right, Kay is right, why must you suffer? It doesn't make sense, it breaks the heart. I wish we were all there with you in the hospital, you would be surrounded with love John. You have suffered so much, we will all pray for you John and know we will not stop praying. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
Gail 8588

John, 

I am so sad to hear how you are suffering.  It makes no sense. I also pray for you to find some relief.

I wish we could do more to help you.  I'll yell at God on your behalf.

Gail

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Angel Wings 1

• Members
foreverhis

John, I too am so sorry to hear how you are suffering.  We all know it's not fair.  Please know you are in our hearts, thoughts, and prayers.

• Like 4

• Members

John, 

Thanks for the update.  We are always so grateful to hear from you.  I am so glad there is a glimmer of hope.

I won't yell at God, but I'll continue to pray that he gives you some relief from all your suffering. 

I hope this improved feeding tube helps. 

Wishing you better days ahead. 

Gail

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators
12 hours ago, John9 said:

Hello all my friends,

I am still in the hospital and there may be a glimmer of hope on the horizon. The Doctors replaced and extended the feeding tube and at first it was no different. But they restarted the feeding tube today and other than diarrhea it is slowly working. I will take that over throwing up all of time. The boredom is one of the worse things about being here in the hospital. I miss my loving wife so much and really need here. KayC, how is your Sister doing with the issues she had due to Shingle vaccine. There is so much everyone else is going through that I haven’t been able to comment about. I appreciate all of the kind words and prayers. There is no need to yell at GOD though, because only he knows his plans, I just hope that whatever he has planned for me ends soon and I’m allowed to be with my loving wife again. Take care, John 

I am so glad the feeding tube is working, wish you didn't have the diarrhea but you're right, it beats vomiting.  
My sister is touring Scotland so obviously doing better, she said she think she'll have issues with weakness for many years to come though.  Her husband is such a trooper, so glad she has him.  (Just wish the rest of us had ours too, but that goes without saying.)  I wish you had your wife by your side as you go through this, that would relieve much of the boredom I'm sure!

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Hi John, I am so glad to read some good news. If you can manage to keep the nutrition in you, it will only strengthen you and hopefully you will have more energy to recuperate. I pray you get better, take care 

• Like 3

• Moderators

Oh John!  Not what you need!  Contact your cancer center and see if they have any helps available.  They were helpful to Iris, I pray they will with you.  This is all because of the cancer so related!  Praying my friend...

• Like 4

• Members

John,

Definitely appeal the denial and ask your doctors to write to them regarding your need for this formula. I can't believe they can deny you nutrition.

So sorry that everything is a battle. 

Hoping your incision heals soon so you are not in pain from that!

Prayers for better days. 

Gail

• Like 4