• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John9

• KayC

• tnd

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Hi John, it seems so hard what you are going through, and nothing about this is fair, dang how life takes it turns!  Can they feed you intravenously for now?  So hard!  I keep hoping...

Yes moderator, shortly after widower2.  The spammers keep us busy!

I pray for you continuously!

Taking my neighbor Iris to our church Mother's Day breakfast, I don't eat breakfast as I've done intermittent fasting for three years, but I'll break it this one time so she's comfortable...

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Wow, 85 lbs is a LOT when you don't need to and so quickly!  God must have something for you if you're still hanging in there after all you've been through.  We're all rooting for you!

So far the spammers have slowed down the last 24 hours, maybe they're taking the day off!

• Like 4

• Members
1 hour ago, Gator M said:

John:

I ran into this with Ann.  It's like they didn't care.  She was getting 500Cal a day or less and that was protein drinks. They never even tried a port. 

I am praying for you: peace, comfort, and healing.

Gator Mike

Gator Mike,

Thanks for the prayers .This feeding tube has been nothing but trouble. I don’t know if I would do it again if given the option. I know it sounds bad but all it has done is cause me pain and suffering on top of the pain and suffering I already have been going through. Take care, John 

• Hugs 2

• Moderators

DWS speaks for us all when said, 

33 minutes ago, DWS said:

We're rooting for you, John!

I'm so glad the abscess is feeling better today!  Keep getting better!

• Like 4

• Members
4 hours ago, Sparky1 said:

John, good to hear about the abscess. Sure, they want you out of the hospital so they can give your bed to someone else, that's what happened to my wife, but they put her in palliative care. If you're able to eat on your own at home you're better off, just try eating healthy foods to get your strength back. We all pray you get better JohnJoh

Possibly, but some doctors do mean what they say and do care. It's not always about money. And getting someone out of the hospital can improve someone's quality of life. 

• Like 3

• Members
9 hours ago, Shinka said:

Possibly, but some doctors do mean what they say and do care. It's not always about money. And getting someone out of the hospital can improve someone's quality of life. 

I know there are good doctors, but a lot are so inundated that they don't have time to care. My wife had a supposedly really nice nurse in the hospital, when I told her to change the dressing in her oozing leg wound, she said it doesn't matter, she doesn't have a lot of time left. How can you be a doctor or nurse, and treat people like cattle being led to a slaughter. Every person in a hospital is a human being with family that needs them. I'm sure the doctors and nurses have families too. Have compassion and try your best as you are able to. And yes, getting home is the ultimate goal because you will recuperate better there.

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

I went to the doctor Tuesday...blood draw and "physical," she didn't examine me, she asked questions (interrogation) for 1 1/2 hours!  I have to go in June 2 for spirometry testing so I can get COPD off my records...I was diagnosed with Asthma before George died in 2005, he prescribed a breathalyzer which I was on for 16 years.  Along the way a doctor said Asthma fell under COPD category so that's how that got in my records.  I went through a tongue/throat issue 2 1/2 years (looked like thrush) so my doctor took me off the breathalyzer, thinking that might be the offender, it wasn't but I learned I didn't need it!  Whether Keto reversed this too or whether I never needed it I'll never know, but it amazed me I'd (and my ins.) had been paying out for this all these years for nothing!  Never did find a home for my stock of them.  So they put this in my records without testing but now can't take it OUT of my records without testing!  

Roll Eyes.gif

• Like 4

• Members

Kay,

I am glad you are getting an overall medical assessment before the fires of summer and after the snows of winter make going to the doctor so difficult.  

I hope your June 2 appointment feels more satisfying.  

I am amazed, and hopeful, that your doctor spoke with you for an hour and half.  I usually only get 3 to 5 minutes with the actual doctor, if any time at all. I hope the doctor really listened to you!

It is so hard to get the doctors to consider discontinuing any medication.  I feel like I am taking too many meds now, but all they do is add more if I have concerns of fatigue or poor concentration or such. 

Good luck that you have some improved quality of life following your June 2 appointment. 

Gail 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

It was actually an RN, usually I'm seen by a PA, I don't think they have any doctor here.

Kodie's vet in Pleasant Hill (an hour on a good day with no construction) is moving to West Eugene, very high traffic and congested...nope, not going there! Called an made an appt. with a vet on the most east side of Eugene, just as you enter town, so it's a hop, skip, and a jump from the highway, getting in 6/1 so canceled with old vet.  I hate switching but you have to think about emergencies too, it'd take 1 3/4 hours to get there so no can do.  This place will be easy in/out of Eugene being on the outskirts.  Means I'll have to drive to the valley two days in a row (ugh) but will do this for my baby. Won't find out blood test results until June 8, three weeks wait but what can you do!

• Like 2

• Members

Blood results only take one or two days... Don't they have a telephone service? (I'm not from the US, so don't know how things work there. ) 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I have no idea what their holdup is. The "visit" to get the results ARE a phone visit, just in three weeks instead of a couple of days.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Oh John, I am so sorry, I know this is not what any of us "hoped for," I'd keep calling the company and trying to get results, it's kind of like me and Spectrum (1 1/2 months fighting to no avail) only yours is way more serious, mine just costs me.

I keep praying for you, and I'm glad the abcess is nearly gone, I would contact the prescribing doctor, tell him how you're doing with it and see if he feels it warrants an renewal at this time so it doesn't have a lapse but it could be (I have no idea) it'd be in your system a while longer and take care of it.  Need expertise opinion on this!

Prayers.png.d9e3319d46584e5cb3e5b9bd486e3aa5.pngPrayers.png.d9e3319d46584e5cb3e5b9bd486e3aa5.pngPrayers.png.d9e3319d46584e5cb3e5b9bd486e3aa5.png

• Like 2

• Members
On 5/19/2023 at 12:30 PM, KayC said:

I have no idea what their holdup is. The "visit" to get the results ARE a phone visit, just in three weeks instead of a couple of days.

KayC,

Here in Michigan, I can see the results from both the Hospital and my Doctor in "My chart" and I would receive results daily while I was in the Hospital. The results were available about an hour after blood was drawn, but I know it was because the Hospital has its own labs. Its funny though because they took a lot of blood but it never seemed to have an effect on my treatments. I had low number that were flagged in the results but no treatment was ordered. Usually I do all blood draws through the Hospital outpatient lab so the results are available sooner. Not sure what the options are for you where you live and where your Doctors are. Hopefully you can get results sooner, especially if it is something "important" for future treatments. Take care, John

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
5 minutes ago, KayC said:

I'm glad the abcess is nearly gone, I would contact the prescribing doctor, tell him how you're doing with it and see if he feels it warrants an renewal at this time so it doesn't have a lapse but it could be (I have no idea)

KayC,

I have an appointment to see the Oncologist on Thursday and my Primary Doctor a week from Tomorrow, hopefully they will be able to determine whether I need any more treatment for the abscess. Take care, John

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators
13 hours ago, John9 said:

I am just so tired though of all of the grief and pain from the cancer treatment.

Oh John, my heart just bleeds from your situation. My Iris is going through it too, is going to have surgery, her daughter will be here with her. Also her friend Denise is dying of cancer, rapid growth, will be on hospice when she gets home. Iris has been taking care of Denise' dog, hard as you have to keep them separate, it's elderly and grumpy, does NOT like other dogs.  Iris had to go into the valley three times this week (140 miles round trip) taking Denise to the hospital in the middle of the night, going to Naturopath and back to Oncologist while  I went down and took care of Jazzy and cleaned up her kitchen, picked up branches in her yard.  Denise' roommate also has cancer but is gone for a while, don't know when she'll be back. These ladies are in their 60s.  

I'm glad your son is there.  It IS a hardship on the person and their family.  :wub2:Praying they can figure out something so you can swallow, normally they stretch the throat but no idea what they do when the throat involves cancer.  

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Oregon has the Oregon Health Plan for low income people, does Michigan have something? Iris isn't low income but they also do it for cancer patients, and the Cancer Center helps with rides.  Do ask about it! We also have RideSource, is it there as well?

I'm sorry about your son, I hope he gets well SOON!

• Like 3

• Moderators

You might want to take a test before going in, with a cough you may have it, did you sense any fever?  I'm so sorry you're going through this at all.  Prayers for you and your son.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

John, 

Thanks for the post. I wish it was better news, as I am sure you do too. 

I'll add your son to my prayers. 

Praying for you to get some relief from all of this. 

Gail 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

John, I'm so sorry. If it is indeed terminal I hope you will have the support of loved ones. I wholeheartedly wish and pray that you don't suffer. Maybe your doctors can adjust the pain medication, have you talked about that? 

• Like 3

• Members

@John9  John, I'm so sorry to hear this.

Thoughts / prayers that you find relief.

• Like 4

• Members

John, I am so sorry your news is grim. Hospice may very well be right for you, but only you can decide.

I’m sending you love and pray you find peace no matter what happens next.❤️

• Like 4

• Members
Griefsucks810
On 7/23/2021 at 7:47 PM, John9 said:

tnd,

I have said that all i really am doing is what i have to do, feed and care for MIL, take care of wife's cats cut the yard which I used to do in 1 day and now takes at least 3 days to do because I don't want to do it and now time constraints that weren't there before. My wife and I clicked like you and your husband did early on as well and nothing was one sided, before she was the only one who was working we both worked and we both shared the "housework" after she became the only one the majority fell to me and she was very proud of how much I "helped" out. We fit together like puzzle pieces and now that she is dead there are so many pieces of my broken heart that don't fit together anymore.

Every day is a somber and uneventful day for me since my husband died 4 years ago. I don’t have a support system of family and friends who I can turn to for support and talk to so I’ve been going at this journey of grief alone. I stay in my bed all day long and don’t have any motivation to do anything around my apartment and I don’t cook any meals  for myself as it easier for me to buy frozen dinners and pop them in the microwave when I’m hungry.  I don’t know how to start living a new life for myself.  My cat is the only source of comfort and happiness I have in life and she’s the only reason and purpose I have to survive each day because she counts on me to provide her with food, water, love, attention, affection and play time every day. She provides me with unconditional love and emotional support  24/7 and never leaves my side day and night. I wouldn’t know how to go on with my life if she were to pass away. I cherish each and every day I have with her hopefully she’ll live for many more years

• Hugs 4

• Members
Roxeanne

My female cat is a loving companion too! I love her and she try to love me back even if sometimes her wild side come out...she was and is the best help in my darkest times without my love!

Anyway i hope you can find some interest, some comfortable person...some friends in your life who help you to try to find a life again! We all miss our loved ones, very hard sometimes but the important thing is find a way to appreciate our life again...no it's not the same without our loved ones, but the hard pain of grief is unbearable!

Hope you can live again, little by little, step by step...when you will be ready!

Sending love and understanding

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2