Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members

Susan, your words flatter me, such sweet support you give to everyone. Thanks so much.

We are always their parents, they will always be our Sons and Daughters, nobody changes that, once here, always a force in our lives. Always.

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Oh Dee....I know you are so busy with those...'3rd Graders'....a joy...a music...and so much time...and so happy to hear of your time with family ...and that Baby Girl....makes my heart happy...am hanging on....am trying to remember so many words you gave me...to give the new ones....for..the words you gave me are still in my heart....

• Guests
Guest Trista's_Mom

I miss Trista so much tonight. Four months is so long to be without her and who knows how much longer still. Its been such a hard day and such a long night. I felt her presence with me today. But I just want to hold her.

• Members
lovU2themoon

I miss Trista so much tonight. Four months is so long to be without her and who knows how much longer still. Its been such a hard day and such a long night. I felt her presence with me today. But I just want to hold her.

oh Shannon, this is so tough, i too just want one more huge hug from my boy, and "what no kiss?" he would ask and i would go back and give him a kiss on his forehead. The days they are tough long and so painful, 4 months is long 2 months is long, forever is too long...

• Members

Long day, but I read everyone's posts and will be praying extra hard for all of you tomorrow. You are such wonderful people and my heart aches for each and every one of you. God, please provide each one of us your mercy and grace and give us some comfort in our loss. Amen.

Wade

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

Today, I have been working on my list of tying up loose ends as far as the investigation of Jared's death. I stopped in on a policeman in our town who reportedly made some less than flattering remarks about my son to the lead investigator of the crash, only a day or two after it happened. (I noticed it in the investigative notes of the State Police). Of course he denied ever saying anything other than to state the fact to the investigator that Jared was in possession of a small amount of pot back in 2010, & they were made aware of it when some kid that didn't like Jared had called the police and told them where he was, and described him, and told them he was seen smoking pot. Our town police knocked him off of his bike, and later said they thought he was over 18. He was only 14 at the time. He was not found to be under the influence, but had to go to classes as a result of the pot and tobacco product in his pocket. There were no further problems after that with Jared, as he attended the classes, and had learned an important lesson by it.

The town policeman swears he did not contact the State Police after Jared was killed, but he was contacted by the State Police, and he simply told them what they had on record.

Very fishy!!

Why would they investigate my son, and no investigation into the driver?? My son was found to be clean and sober at the time of the crash, and she was never tested.

I gave this policeman an earful, as far as how the investigation was bungled from the start, and being the small town we are, I am sure he will speak of it!

Please don't quote any part of this, as I may decide to delete it later.

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky
1209269_3446341414689_953759494_n.jpg

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Becky....I will not ever quote anything you share...but I feel so honored that you do trust all 'us friends' on here with your story.

I cannot express my emotions now....for there are so many 'wrong' issues about your SONshine boy....

And so many 'wrong' directions coming at your boy...

So very many wrong turns at the wrong places by so many wrong people....

Beyond sad....

• Members
Mermaid Tears

And what I just posted to Becky.....there are many on here I want to say the same thing to you...

And....you know who I am talking about....

It is like the same bad movie...that is played over and over and over....not in just one town...but in towns all across our country....and all seem to have the same 'theme music and story line'....

As of today....I have not heard one 'story' that had a good ending...

If there is one...there is some...

• Guests
Guest Trista's_Mom

Wanda posted:

"oh Shannon, this is so tough, i too just want one more huge hug from my boy, and "what no kiss?" he would ask and i would go back and give him a kiss on his forehead. The days they are tough long and so painful, 4 months is long 2 months is long, forever is too long..."

When I start to think that way I have to try so hard to bring myself back to just this day...sometimes just this hour or minute. I can't think forever right now. It's just too much.

For right now, I will do what I have to. I will do what I can to take care of myself and my family because I know that's what Trista wants for us. It's so so hard. The missing will never stop but I also would never want to trade those memories... as much pain as they bring they also bring so much love.

I've had so much going on right these past few weeks/months on top of trying to handle the loss of my Baby. I find myself at times sitting here feeling so angry...asking... why would anyone throw these things at me now? why would God let anyone put anymore on me when he already took my Girl? But then I realize there are no answers to these questions. Not here or now, anyway and so I just have to move... I have to keep going the best that I can... I have to do what would make Trista proud of me, what the boys need, and what I need. It is what it is. And really, I've already suffered the worst...

I read others' stories of all the hard things they've had to handle on top of their grief and made it through and it gives me a little strength and a little hope.

I feel like I've lost my mind so many times in the last few months and I'm so thankful for everyone here for allowing me a place to do that.

Lora,

I really love the idea of one of Trista's writings on her stone. Thank you. I really hope you feel better soon. My allergies have been terrible too.

Becky,

What a jerk! I'm glad you were able to give him an earful! I'm so sorry you've had to deal with all of this. You and your family are in my thoughts and I agree with Susan, Thank you for sharing with us as you have.

Dee,

I know I speak for all of us when I say we miss your posts. I wish you weren't so tired out but I'm glad it's for all good things.

I'm thinking of everyone today.

Shannon

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Shannon...so many of us wonder the same thing...'why' have all the ugly people and situations come to rest on us when we have this heavy grief...that is so exhausting...

We have no 'answers'....but we have each other ....and maybe by the sheer Grace...we will just take it all one day at a time....and I know that sometimes it is really 'one hour to hour'...but your thinking is on track....to take care of 'yourself and your SONshine boys'...that is the most important...and yes...your Trista wants that most and first, too.....

Maybe you are trying to do too much...you are on so many levels now....the accident...the memorial..boys...trouble with your husband...trouble with Mother-in-law...

Some things are out of your control....make a list of what you can control....or put on the back burner for now....and just get yourself and boys in a circle of healing and health....remember...it doesn't all have to get done in one day...give yourself a break...for I think you are doing a remarkable job of 'being with and for your boys'....and a shining star for Trista...

• Members

Lora,

I would love to see the marker. Went and visited Brooks today and they still don't have a temp marker so I am going to make one this weekend. Didn't stay too long cuz it was a little hard, but it felt good to feel him so close, even though I know his soul is with God. Will start the process of the stone sometime this month, I think. I do want a picture on it.

Praying for all of you...wish I could hug each and every one of you. Hugs sometimes get me through the day. An ex-student came to see me today and gave me a big hug.

All of you are keeping me strong even though you are processing your grief. Don't know how to say thank you enough. Don't know if this is appropriate, but my cell is always on...(775) 400-7465

Wade

post-355430-0-37971900-1380762847_thumb.

• Guests
Guest Trista's_Mom

Shannon...so many of us wonder the same thing...'why' have all the ugly people and situations come to rest on us when we have this heavy grief...that is so exhausting...

We have no 'answers'....but we have each other ....and maybe by the sheer Grace...we will just take it all one day at a time....and I know that sometimes it is really 'one hour to hour'...but your thinking is on track....to take care of 'yourself and your SONshine boys'...that is the most important...and yes...your Trista wants that most and first, too.....

Maybe you are trying to do too much...you are on so many levels now....the accident...the memorial..boys...trouble with your husband...trouble with Mother-in-law...

Some things are out of your control....make a list of what you can control....or put on the back burner for now....and just get yourself and boys in a circle of healing and health....remember...it doesn't all have to get done in one day...give yourself a break...for I think you are doing a remarkable job of 'being with and for your boys'....and a shining star for Trista...

Thank you, Susan. It helps to hear that. Some days I don't feel like I'm doing so well but I'm trying. Yes, it is so exhausting and I tire so easily but I know from reading all of you that it is all part of this heavy heavy grief.

Wade,

You're right, sometimes just a hug from someone who really cares can be so helpful. I think visiting and caring for our Children's' sites is a way to have some quiet, peaceful time to honor them. I know it helps me to go.

Thinking of everyone tonight. Wishes for sweet dreams from our Angels for all.

Shannon

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Wade....your Faith....is a marker for so many....

I read your story.....that young man that took your son's life...and then his own....I know the angels cried....but then took them and held them....

I once posted that the Angels that weep....do not weep for our lost child....but for us....for they know we loved and are so lost without our child. And they are so anguished to find they cannot dry our tears.post-306805-0-67723000-1380764576_thumb.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Wishing everyone a peaceful night...very tired....

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Laurie....you are so close to the Spirit....no wonder you are tired....Peace and Rebirth to you as you rest....

• Guests
Guest Trista's_Mom

Laurie, thinking of you and holding your hand. I hope you're able to rest.

I'm asking for prayers tonight. My cousins son welcomed his son Colton Lee into the world early yesterday morning and tonight he's struggling. Please send prayers and healing thoughts to them.

Shannon

• Members

I just want you to know I have found a great deal of comfort reading everyone's posts. Thank you!

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

1374260_3448114019003_1062142570_n.jpg

Missing you so badly... can only look forward to our reunion in heaven. Until then, I will take one day, one moment at a time. I pray that God will help me stay strong to finish the goals I set to honor you, my son. Truth, we know, Justice seems elusive, but is now in God's hands, and in His time. Love U Infinity, Jared.

-PAXP-deijE.gif

http://delmarpopwarn...othersDiary.htm

post-297831-0-50925800-1380779959_thumb. I began writing this diary not long after losing Jared...

Mother's Diary

• Members
Mermaid Tears

There has to be some Special Angels in Heaven to gather around a grieving parent....to console their tears....

I do not think even death can separate a child from their parent...Jared from his family...Peace to you, Becky.

• Members

Becky, thinking of you today on this special day. I pray that you will be comforted by the lovely memories that you hold close to your heart. Love, Kate

• Members

JARED---JARED---JARED

YOU ARE LOVED AND MISSED EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY

PLEASE TOUCH MOM TODAY IN A SPECIAL WAY

• Guests
Guest Trista's_Mom

Jared, Jared, Jared

Wrap your Mom and Family in your love today. Let them feel you close in those special ways that belong to you and them. They know you've been with them all along and will always be.

Becky,

I'm thinking of you, Jared, and Family today. We are with you.

Shannon

• Guests
Guest Trista's_Mom

Becky,

I read your Mother's Diary from beginning to end. I cried for you and with you. I felt your sadness, pain, anger, hope... but most of all I felt your love. Such a tribute to your precious Son, JARED and so much love. There were moments I just wanted to reach through the screen and give you a big hug. This really touched my heart today.

Shannon

• Members

JARED

JARED

JARED

Send love and a sense of your peace to your Momma and whole family today and each day. You understand the weight of their hearts today, you get it, but you also want so much for them to feel the sun in their lives again. They miss you so Jared, and they have fought long and hard to bring some sort of justice to honor you, to show the world that your life matters and always will.

• Members

Lora, I am worse than ever as well with my allergies, I take Singular and Allegra everyday all year but during the late summer hayfever time, often add a sudafed and a mucinex, and that is a lot of meds, but still I have a wheeze and am coughing non-stop.

I am going to make an appointment with the doc. How are you feeling now that you have anti-biotics?

I feel so out of touch with everyone...just the busy times at school that do not allow for any extra time to visit. We are so busy as teachers trying to make sure our curric. is solid for the next day, it should not be this way, but we found out the day before school started that we would not have a math book, so we are scrambling to put together a curric week by week which of course, is not the best for the kids. I am frustrated and sad that our district has taken this turn.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Jared, Jared, Jared,

We say your name today...may you be ever so close to your mom and family today...

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Wade, I saw that Lora mentioned Jesse's grave stone pictures... here they are...

...his baby dedication verse is on the front side...there are also white little angels among the flowers along with the large one angel...

...for the flower pot on the site...I actually have a small round cement platform I inserted into the ground to place it on...also I replace flowers quite frequently...by each season...

Thinking of everyone day....

....not feeling too good today...splitting headache and queasy...

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Lora...once again I see the memorial headstone for Cara....and once again I am so touched by all the 'Mama Love' shining through...it is so beautiful and so unique to her spirit and personality...

Dee...I so understand your frustration...'Necessity..is the Mother of Invention'....but understand the extra work load...(always put on our teachers)....do you have good volunteers or Teacher's Aides ?

My Aunt and Sister just finally had to go to the Dr. for antibiotics for sinus infections....one friend here has had great success with the netti pot....and there is a new method for draining compacted sinus cavaties that does not require surgery...Out Patient...or rather done in clinic...will get the name of the procedure...my sister is going to look into that.post-306805-0-97344700-1380833148_thumb.

A friend sent this to me....thought I would share the photo..

• Members
Mermaid Tears

I have mentioned more than once the unique 'dates' we seem to have here....I told Laurie I would post my story about October 10th .....it is Jesse David's Angel Date....but this is really for everyone..

Years ago...I had to have a C-Section...I delivered Jesse on October 4, 1974....back in those days...women stayed at the hospital a long time....I did not come home til October 10th...things weren't going well in my marriage...my husband was in the Drug Bureau....my Mother-in-law even had to take me to the hospital....he came one time to the hospital...drunk...the staff asked him to leave....my Mother in law brought me home......Randa and John David lovingly greeted their little brother....I did have help...my Mom could not come cause my Grama was sick....later that evening...my MIL came to tell me the news that my Grama...my Essie had passed away....they didn't want to call me on the phone....she left....later my help left....but that was ok with me...so..I cried all night and held on to my Jesse...(see...he has Esse in his name)....it was a dark time.

So...every year...when October 10 came....I would be in mourning...the day she passed...and I no longer had her by my side....

Years came and went...children grew into adult children...the sun would rise...the moon would come up.....life went on.....then my daughter (who has had 6 miscarriages) became pregnant with twins...it would be the second set for us...our son and his wife had identical twin sons in 1993......she was due in October......she had the twins early.....on October 10th. Our Hunter Bear and Taylor.....and a day to rejoice had have gratitude.

I learned that a date can have a sorrow...and a gift. On this site...I learned that Laurie's son passed on the 10th of October....it struck me that once again....someone I knew..(internet) would be mourning that date forever.

So Laurie....his Angel date is approaching....and all of us on this site has had that first year angelversary to face....and we know the days are counted...you are marching forward with a heavy step...and a heartbroken pace....can only hope that Grace and Peace will meet you and comfort you.

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

1377245_3449973025477_1566779625_n.jpg

25947_3449970945425_1753870506_n.jpg

528235_3449973465488_2015087237_n.jpg

1378700_3449973225482_2126157289_n.jpg

10557_3449974865523_1547106289_n.jpg

1380457_3450087548340_1501667074_n.jpg

559871_3450129389386_2107727999_n.jpg

Went and took the new flower arrangement to the cemetery today, just hubby and I, as I couldn't convince our daughter to go, but she did go with us for the dusk balloon release, which we did at the scene of the crash.

Very very tired, but thank each one of your for remembering my angel, and for speaking his name!!

• Members
lovU2themoon

Becky, your pictures are sad, painful, heartbreaking, beautiful, and an amazing tribute to your wonderful son Jared.

Thank you for sharing. Wishing you peace.

Wanda

• Members

Becky

Your family plot is beautiful. Jared's marker is so shiny and your flowers are beautiful. I'm going to the craft store this weekend and "try" to put something together. I'll ask about the UV spray. Praying for your whole family on this difficult day. Hoping you find some peace in your journey. I'm sorry but I didn't read your journal yet. Just can't handle that, but I will. I want to honor Jared's memory, but it's too soon for me. Thank you for the video links. Brooks' "stepson" is into skateboarding. Jealous of those guys. Tried it once and fell right on my head :) Thinking of you and Jared. I would be thrilled if you want to send me some of Jared's music. Email....wade405@yahoo.com.

Lora

I don't know if I'm saying this right, but Cara's marker is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I can only hope to honor Brooks the same way. The pictures were truly a gift for me. Thank you!

Dee

I understand your frustrations at school. We were "lucky" enough to win one of the Race to the Top grants, but it only makes it harder. Now, we have more people than ever...who don't teach...telling us what we should be doing. Hope the fall months help with the allergies. I get bad with sagebrush, but it's going away now. Less headaches and coughing.

Shannon

Thoughts and prayers on the way for you and your cousin and his newborn. Every time I look at Trista's picture I am uplifted. Such a beautiful smile. Makes me smile :)

Went to visit you again with Shauna. Had to get you a name on their somewhere, so I found this nameplate thing we made on a vacation in CA. Have to be ok for now. Don't want you nameless, buddy. We'll get your headstone done and you'll be proud of it. Miss ya so bad, but it's going to be ok. Chad wants to get you marble. Going to set up some times to help him get his GED. I know you started that with him. He misses you so much. I'll help him though so don't worry. So much for me to do with your friends. Danielle had her first day of counseling yesterday and she loves her counselor already. I'll be looking out for her. She hasn't slept in her room yet. I told her it's ok. You need to be with her. Your travel league renamed your team to 4BG. They won 4 on Sunday. Everyone there missed you too. They're looking after mom pretty good. She sure misses bowling with you. Felt really good being so close to you today at your grave, knowing you were just feet away. Please look out for me. It seems to be getting harder. Shauna said I looked skinny today....hadn't heard that in years :) She misses you so much, but the kids are doing ok. Adrianna is getting extra help in school. I guess she's having a hard time. You did good with her. So proud of you! Her teacher mentioned you had emailed her on how to help Adrianna with her reading, and thought Shauna would like to know that. Good for you, son. Going golfing with Rod tomorrow. Sure going to miss helping you with your swing. You were getting so good. Can't go to GSR though...too soon. Loved meeting you there and hitting. Stay warm tonight. It's suppose to freeze. Love ya, son! Dad

post-355430-0-18156600-1380853912_thumb.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Becky, I so identified with your diary...your message from Jared on 10/24...thank you for sharing...

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Thank you Wade for sharing about your son, Brooks...

Wanda, know you miss your Lane....

Thank you Susan for sharing your story of dates...your Grama Essie and the rest of our loved ones that have gone ahead...they will be waiting for us on that distant shore...arms outstretched...welcoming us to the eternal love that they are embraced with, until then we send our love heavenwards...

Also, thanks for holding my hand during this difficult time...and sharing such kind words, you have a warm heart...

Wishing everyone a peaceful night...know that I truly thank each and every one of you for this circle of companionship and help along the way...

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Wanda, just wondering how you are doing today....and how your daughter is...my daughter is taking off next week three days for the angelversary...I am glad she did this...

Shannon, yesterday I called the Attorney's General's office for a second time...made sure I got names...apparently there is a set of law's that govern victim's rights...you might want to look them up for your state too...

I figured I did not have anything to lose by calling...I am waiting for the person to get back from vacation...

Lora ..."Susan, we were brought here by our children, our angels. I really believe this and it is not coincidental. I wish we all lived closer, I think together we could do great things."

I agree...

Sure do miss you Dee, I know the teaching schedule can be tough...your words have always been such a help to me...

Also, hope Sherry that your computer gets up and going...miss seeing your thoughts too...

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Lora....you voiced something that I did not think about...this second year has no memories of the last year...it was in the background of my mind...now in the front...so true...there are plenty of ice slicks on the road and I spin out of control.

Becky...that is a composite of what 'shattered and broken hearts' look like....I do hope you are picking up the broken parts....and find Grace in fitting them together again....never the same I know...but putting them in a place.....

Laurie...you are thinking good...thanks for sharing what you are finding out in your quest...to be sure....it will be good to have family around...

Instead of having a break down....have a break through...Peace I wish to you and yours.

Wanda...I send you blessings that you and your daughter are holding on to each other...in the beginning...that is all I could do....and it is enough.

Dee....as I have said before...when you don't post...I have some kind of 'panic'....but we all know that the care and consideration and attention you give us....you give to those little 3rd Graders....we are all so much in a better place for having you in our lives...

Kate...please give us an update....hope you and your Best Boyfriend are having some of those 'days of sweetness'....

Shannon....has anything settled down with the problems of your husband and MIL..?? Hoping you and your SONshine boys are able to rest..relax....and enjoy what peace you can find. Do take care of yourself...FIRST....

Colleen...thank you for sending us those markers from where you are on this journey...

Gretchen....give us an update...we care.

Mary....hope you are doing as good as one can on this first part of this grief journey...it is just so damn hard. We know.

• Members
lovU2themoon

"Wanda...I send you blessings that you and your daughter are holding on to each other...in the beginning...that is all I could do....and it is enough."

You are so right, we hold on tight to each other, we attend our grief group together, we call it our "new normal" and it breaks our heart, cause Lane would have loved to have his big sister around all the time. But your right, it is all we can do, hold tight to what we have, just the two of us.

"Wanda, just wondering how you are doing today....and how your daughter is...my daughter is taking off next week three days for the angelversary...I am glad she did this..."

Everyday is such a struggle as you know, i am still going one day at a time, cant imagine reaching the "one year date" and surviving as you have done, and your daughter too, i am sure the time off will give her a chance to grieve, and mourn her brother.

My heart still aches so bad, i miss my laney so much,

but yes, hold tight to my daughter.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Today is my son, Jesse's birthday....he called me this morning and said this to me....

"Mom...we all knew that if you could make..if you could get through it...we could, too".....

so to all of the parent's on this site....as we grieve...as we cry...as we go through this 'unreal' horror....that many of us have our other children that are looking at us...to us...to pull them through on this journey....they need us in a way as never before....to love and lead them.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

So true Lora.....we have to give them some kind of 'road map'....we have to give them the 'life goes on' kind of spirit....we want them to be loving and feeling love...even when death comes and takes us home...we want them to always be 'at home'...and we want them to learn how to walk...be alive...be happy...content...strive...yes...strive...this is life....there has never been 'life' without the 'passing'....ever....we are such children when it comes to learning life and lessons...