Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members
josephsmom90

Carol,

Thank you for the encouraging words! I thought it quite wonderful to see your message about Ralph. So dear, this especially struck my heart: "I love the fact that he is HERE for me to be able to pull them up for him!" That is a blessing to see in print! God bless.

Elaine 

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sus - The book might also be written later by the grandies called "Grandma and the Greiving Chair" story of surviving the loss of a mum being raised by grandma and all it entails.

Dee - Hope you and John enjoy your trip.  Change of pace, change of scenery is tonic for the soul.

Betsy - Maybe a big jar for those 'stupid people'?   I remember moving from the 'family home' to a two bedroom unit.  Couldn't believe the crap!!  At the time 2 of my 3 were living away from home..their stuff wasn't!  Now any of that is precious to me.

Betty - I love that pic of Stephen.  The smile, obviously happy and content.

Carol - I remember those 'lovely' stockings.  Gown up at the back I had to 'walk' to theatre wearing this lovely ensemble.  Having 'athletic' legs (the kind wrestlers have) I hated the way the would roll down to my cankles!  As you say though lovely to have Ralph there to pull them up for ;)

Speaking of 'stupid people' and the things they say

Youngest son has been comuting by rail these past months for work.  Last week I had a call from the 'transit police'.  "Hi is this Trudi Hendrie (previous surname)?  When I answered yes it is he said" I'm (whatever his name was), I need you to identify your son".  I went cold, clammy and the breath for a second time in my life left my body.   When I stammered where is he....he said 'oh he was travelling in Zone 1 with a Zone 2 ticket (an offence) and has no identification on him can you tell me his name etc etc".....ahhhh the stupid people who should think about the way they put things

Sun is up, skies clearing, daffodils and snow bells have pushed their way up.....Time for some mum puppy bonding.....Take Care all  :cool:

• Members
westleysmom

Greg-I don't guess we ever get over losing our Daddys either.  Mine has been gone for four years.  Westley had a picture on his night table of himself with his daddy and my daddy.  I still can barely look at it without falling apart.  The three men I loved most in this world and two of them are gone.  I'm glad our Daddys were there to welcome our angels.

Claudia and Cindy-Sorry I missed your special day for Joey and Tanner.  I hope the day wasn't too hard to get through without your angels, although I find that all the days are hard for me.

Trudi and Betsy and Betty-Thanks for the just because pics, esp the one of all the BI girls from last summer.  It is so good to put names and faces together.  I hope our angels have found each other too.

Lorri-I hope you are feeling better  Sorry you had to miss Kody's races.  How'd he do?

Dee-Enjoy the last few days before you go back.  Hope you get to get away, is that what you said?

We decided at the last minute to go to Atlanta to a deer hunting show yesterday.  Now I know everybody may not support deer hunting but around here, if there wasn't a deer hunt every year they would eat everything that grows and wreck every vehicle on the road.  And besides, my husband loves to do it.  Westley killed his first deer when he was 9 years old, it was the biggest deer he ever killed.  He went two days before Jan 13, and it was so cold you wouldn't believe.  But he never did get one this year, he started too late in the season.  So anyway, we stayed overnight in Chattanooga at the Choo-Choo.  It was kind of like a mini-vacation, and it may sound pathetic to people who take 2 weeks at the time, but we don't like to be away from home much. And we had to get home to our Bobby Cat.  My daughter came by and checked on him yesterday for us. 

When we got back we went to the cemetery together to put new (fake) flowers.  I got blue hydrangeas this time instead of red roses.  We talked about how unreal this all seems.  I of course fell apart, as usual.  But I think its good for us to go together sometimes.  We both miss him so much.  We hadn't gone on many trips alone together in the past few years because we never knew when Westley would wreck his vehicle or some other nonsense.  I guess we can go for long trips now if we want to, but we just don't. 

Susannah-Thinking of you as the 9th approaches.  They're saying the board may be down tomorrow for the big switcheroo, and I don't want to miss telling you I'm thinking of you and your whole family.  Since it happened on Sunday, (I think) today has probably been hard too.  I wish I could think of words to say that would help you feel better, but I can't.  I honestly don't know anymore what I believe and what I don't believe.  I wish I did. 

Elaine-I know exactly what you mean about wanting to be someone else sometimes.  I hope you are feeling better. How long til Michael is home?

Colleen-Hope the fair was fun and you didn't melt.

Carol-Glad you all are still hanging in there.  One of the guys that works for my husband has a step-son that went out in this heat to work and didn't drink his water all day, only cokes or something.  Landed in the hospital Thurs night with almost no kidney function.  When he was telling me about it, I was scared for him since I knew from your experience how serious that is.  BTW, he was up to 58% yesterday and improving, but seriously, they weren't sure Friday that he was going to make it.  He's early 20s, I think, and of course, bulletproof, so didn't drink water like everybody tells you to. 

Richie's Mom-my granddaughter was 18 months old when Westley died.  She still brings him up on her own sometimes, she was two in May (which is what her birthday cake said on top because if you asked her how old she was, she would say...Two in May)  I told her Friday night while she was swinging in the tree outside that Westley used to like to swing too.  She said when he woke up he saw giraffes, and elephants and monkeys and... all the zoo animals.  I'm not sure where that came from, but she helps me.  If you looked at the pics on the neverlosefaith site, that's her on her first day home that Westley is holding.  My daughter wasn't too keen on pics of her now being online so I didn't send any from now.

The picture of me and Westley together where he's kind of got a smirk on his face and his eyes are squinted isn't that great, but its the last picture I have of me and him together.  It was taken on Dec 21 when my daughter and her family came over to open gifts. My granddaughter cried almost all that evening and I barely took any pictures, but my sister came over for a few minutes and wanted to take a picture of me and Westley.  I'm so glad she did, but I almost can't look at it.  I wish my husband had gotten in it, but he was fooling with the grandbaby.

Well I didn't cry much while we were gone, but I have a lot since we got back and went to the cemetery.  I think of you all and I am glad to have you for my friends. 

Peace,

Rhonda Westley's Mom   

• Members

Indigos

Susannah just called me.  Her grandson (1.5yrs), Curtis Jr. fell in a campfire.  He is badly burned.  Susannah's son, Curtis Sr. and his wife are driving to CO. to get treatment.

She asked me to come on this site and start a prayer chain.  Each of us can pray in our own way.

Please keep Susannah's grandson Curtis, Jr. in your prayers.

Colleen

• Members

PPRAYERS FOR YAL COLLEEN....

KODY GOT LIKE 13TH HIS TRANSMISSION TORE UP...:(

• Members

Oh my goodness - 9 pages of posts to catch up on since Thursday....I will have to get busy reading tomorrow.  

Prayers have begun for Suannnah's grandson - please let all be ok with him 

We decided to take off and go camping for the weekend - Tavian and I went Thursday night, Barry came on Friday, home today....it was so beautiful, relaxing and just what the 3 of us needed.  Our friends Linda and Jerry parked next to us and on the other side was a couple with 4 girls aged 3 to 16 - it was magically watching them as a complete family and those girls were the most respectful, sweetest girls. Tavian and they became good friends as did we with the parents, Dawn and Ray..we have exchanged e-mails and phone numbers. Ray was just loving having Tavian around - he said having 4 girls plus the wife, well, having a boy around was pretty nice...

Dee - I have printed out your info about the what's and what not to do's with Tavian and his anger....thank you so very much...great advice that I am sure I will be using alot.  I have already started getting Tavian to go to bed a bit earlier every other night or so to get him back into the routine before school starts.   He is very excited as he is going to a real nice camp tomorrow for the week - it is 260 dollars for the week but we both think he deserves it....

I am sorry I missed your birthday JOEY and your Angelversary Tanner - blessed Angels......

Not to happy about the site changing but then again I guess we should be used to change huh ???  It will be ok - I am just hoping that they make it alot easier to post a picture !!!;);)

Well, need to take care od a few things before sleep - back to the work grind tomorrow.      I love you and all and I am really trying to catch up on the reading and get up to date with each of you.    Lorri - I would adopt the twins !!! :D

Love, prayers and peace, Kathy

• Members

Hi Indigos

I am going to post this note now because I do not know if I will be able or willing to navigate the new board.

Colleen  Thank you for passing the information about Susannah's grandchild..  Prayers have been sent to my prayer line for the entire family.

Lorrie so sorry about Kody's engine  I know how heart  breaking that is 

Trudie  I am so sorry that you have to endure that frightful telephone call regarding Steven.  You handled it with true dignity and grace.

Betsy  I too have had my share of ""foot in Mouth" comments that left me speechless and full of fear. Just remember, as Carol said,  we have all been thru the worse with the loss of our most precious treasure.  We survived that we can endure it all.  You are never alone and are making the right move.

Dee so glad you are going on your little vacation.  I pray that the water, the trees and the new walking  trails will lift your heart and spirit.

Carol and Ralph always in my prayers.  Carol, I know the kind of gratitude of which you spoke.   Loved the picture of your mom and dad.  What a special place we have found!!! Thanks for sharing your life.

BettyStephen'smom:)

• Members

My prayed to Sue's grandchild, I know how scary burns can be.

I am never going to get caught up obn who is who and what , where and why we are all here, but I pray for you all each night.

I love all the pictures , you all are amazing people and have given and been put thru so much.

• Members

THANKS KODY TOOK IT GOOD..HE HAS REAL SPORTMANSHIP....IM SO PROUD TO BE HIS MOMMY..

WELL KRICHIE SINCE YOU ENJOY THE PICTURES IM POSTING ONE JUST FOR YOU...

THIS IS KOURTNEY AND MONTY IN HALIE AND CHRIS'S WEDDING AUG 14 2007, 3 MONTHS B4..:( WE FOUND THE TUMOR....THIS WAS IN OUR BACKYARD FOR THE WEDDING

post-22932-128153899748_thumb.jpg

• Members

DEAR STEPHANIE

YOU ARE  IN OUR MINDS  AND

HEARTS THIS DAY

AND EVERYDAY

xmas-angel-glitter.gif

BETTY STEPHEN'SMOM

• Members

OH DEAR ANGELS,

Please oh please help little Curtis heal and be well very soon. Please let this little boy be helped and let him have a complete recovery.

Blessings Dear Susannah and special prayers for Curtis Jr.

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Susannah, SO MUCH on your heart and mind today... You're on my heart... Love & Prayers. Remembering Stephanie, and praying for little Curtis.

• Members

STEPHANIE ANGEL-GIRL

Surround your whole family tomorrow and let them feel the peace that now is part of your spirit. Especially surround your Sweet Nephew tonight and all the days he needs to heal, and watch over this Child.

Touch your Children as they sleep implanting sweet dreams of filled with the love that you have for each of them. Infuse the strength of 10,000 women into your Momma, allowing her to support and  provide for those three beautiful children of yours while she mourns the loss of you, her beauty of a Daughter.

Prayers for healing and for moving forward.

• Members

Crap Trud, what an awful start that call must have given your sweet heart. Goodness knows that any one of us would alos have reacted similarly. Go for your walks as spring tries to bring her finery to your area. In the meantime, the sun is setting earlier and the crickets are sounding all day, all day and night. That is August for you, a rattle and hum month.

Peace Out,,

dee

• Members

Please God and all the angels, surround sweet baby Curtis with your healing and comfort...care for him, ease his pain, and bring him to full health very, very soon. 

Susannah:  know that your little grandboy is being prayed for and loved by all here, and we are sending extra prayers for strength for you and your family, who have been through so very much and now must take on another mountain. 

love and peace,  carol  mikesmomrs

• Members

STEPHANIE, STEPHANIE, STEPHANIE...on this your birthday, please surround your mom with comfort and sweet memories, and also bring her strength to hold on through this time of worry about your beautiful nephew, Curtis...bring the strength of all our angels to him to help him heal...

• Members

Trudi:  my breath came out of my chest as I read your post...I am so glad that the message was so benign, but so sorry that it was given to you backwards...he should certainly have said something like "Your son Stephen is here without his ID...etc., etc." although just having Stephen's name being spoken by a stranger to you over the phone would likely have caused the rush anyway...but he could have put it better.  Just so glad it was all okay.

• Members

Sharing Sweet Rachel Eileen: 

Entertaining her papa: 

sweetrachelenterainingpapa8810.jpg

they leave on Tuesday...we will really miss them!

• Members

Stephanie, Stephanie

saying your name and praying you send down your love and comfort.

as we send it up to you this day and everyday

• Members

Stephanie, Stephanie

saying your name and praying you send down your love and comfort.

as we send it up to you this day and everyday

• Members

Carol, Could it be that Rachel Eileen looks a whole lot like you? That is who I see. Lovely.

Curtis updates anyone?

dee

• Members

Stephanie, thinking of the day that you flew down to visit your Mom.May your children,mom and dad feel the warmth of you today. A pray goes up for little Curtis too.

450603ss06xdzo9s.gif

Betsy,mysonRich

• Members

Stephanie  STEPHANIE  StePHanIE

Thinking of you and your family today and everyday. Thank you for being a friend with Kayla. Miss you!

Lynn 

• Members
jefferysmommy

Stephanie, Stephanie, Stephanie, saying your name out loud!!

Shine down on your family and be with them.

Wishing and praying for a speedy recovery for Curtis Jr, and praying that he will make a full recovery.

Susannah, my thoughts are with you.

Love, Jenn - Jeffery's Mommy

• Members
heartbeataway

Praying for Curtis Jr.  ...... and for strength for both his little body and his family.

• Members
westleysmom

Susannah-Thinking of your whole family today, especially Curtis Jr. and wishing him to get well soon.

Carol-I bet she does keep him entertained.  She's a cutie.

STEPHANIE-You are loved and missed. 

Rhonda Westley's Mom

• Members

For Curtis from all us,

Lord, you love our child as You love all children,

Bring healing to our child who is not well.

Stay by his side and comfort him through this trying time.

Keep us ever mindful of Your loving presence

Bless us with Your powerful healing and comfort us also.

Thank You for hearing our prayer!

<Author Unknown>

• Members

AHHHHH STEPHANIE...LOVE YOU SWEET SMILE...

• Members

Stephanie, WITH A SMILE ONLY HEAVEN CAN HOLD.

lOVE THOSE DIMPLES

• Members

PLZ PRAY FOR THIS FAMILY...THERE SON WAS FOUND DEA IN HIS TRUCK LIKE ON SUNDAY...WITH 3 FLATS...AND THEY WENT TO GO WAKE THIER DAUGHTER UP WEDS AND SHE HAD DIED...(SHE HAD BEEN ON DYALISIS)...

THIS IS THE STORY I GOT...HERE IN MY TOWN..

There son died last sunday not sure why he was found in his truck both windows up truck not runnin with three flats. The daughter has been sick off and on. She was on dialysis(sp) her husband wnt to wake up wed and could not get any response took to hospital and she passed away thurs.

• Guests

Thank you all for the beautiful thoughts and pictures for my Stephanie on this, her first angelversary. 

Most importantly, thank you for the prayers for my grandson, Curtis!  And, thank you, Colleen, for requesting prayer per my request.  There was no time to do it, myself.  I do appreciate it!

Little Curtis, 18 months old, tripped over the fishing net he was carrying and fell into the camp fire yesterday.  My son, grabbed him quickly and dunked (for lack of a better word) him in the lake.  At first glance and from what the ER doctor reported, we suspected much worse than what actually happened. 

I am a true believer in prayer........I believe ours were answered.

Little Curtis has 2nd and 3rd degrees burns on his right arm from his elbow to the tips of his little fingers.  His right leg also has 2nd and 3rd degree burns around the knee area.  The burn unit in Colorado cleaned his wounds and wrapped them.  Little C cried when he fell in the fire, and he cried when they cleaned the burns, but other than that he hasn't cried at all.....unless you try to take him from his mommy.

He did leave the safety of her arms to give me a hug and kiss goodbye.

Gary and I drove all night from Iowa to pick up their other two kids and their two dogs.  We are home safe and sound...and Little Curtis will be released from the hospital to come home any minute now.  

All of that, of course, over shadowed Stephanie's first angelversay.  I know I'm warped....but, I find it humorous.  I told my sister I was too scared for Little Curtis and too tired to have a melt down.

Maybe tomorrow.

Thank you all!

Susannah/Stephanie's mom

• Members
josephsmom90

PRAISE GOD SUSANNAH, PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED!!!!

I'VE BEEN AND WILL CONTINUE IN PRAYER FOR HIM, AM GOING TO GO DO THAT RIGHT NOW! SUCH A GOOD REPORT! YES AND AMEN!

ELAINE

• Members

Dear Susannah

Thank you so much for taking the time and updating us. 

Even with all the pain , fear, hurry you have kept your wonderful sense of humor and attitude. What a true gift you are to your family

Stephenie,Curtis and your entire family,thinking of you as 

51.gif

Betty Stephen'smom:)

• Members

Sus:  I agree with Elaine, and likely everyone on this site:

"Even with all the pain , fear, hurry you have kept your wonderful sense of humor and attitude. What a true gift you are to your family"...you are amazing, just amazing...

"Maybe tomorrow..."  so like you, Sus, taking care of what needs to be taken care of now...Stephanie, please stay by your mom's side, send her comfort and strength. 

love and peace, carol  mikesmomrs

• Members
westleysmom

Susannah-I'm so glad it wasn't any worse than it was.  I think that Lorri's entire family should be grounded for the month of July and your's should be grounded for the month of August.  It sounds like postponing your meltdown is the only option you have under the circumstances!  Keep us posted on Curtis Jr.'s progress when you can because we are all thinking of him and your whole family.

Rhonda Westley's Mom

• Members
jefferysmommy

Susannah, continuing to pray for Curtis Jr, and glad that he's on the mend.  Our prayers were heard! 

Lorri, so sorry about that poor family losing two of their children, they are in my thoughts and I pray that they find the strength to go through the next while.

Jenn - Jeffery's Mommy

• Members
heartbeataway

Susannah,

I love the good news!  The burns are bad but like you said, it could have been so much worst ...... now you can breathe ..... and tomorrow?  Like you said, maybe tomorrow. ;-)

I read this today and liked it so much I decided to share it.

Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, some day far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer."  Rilke

• Members
heartbeataway

Susannah,

I love the good news!  The burns are bad but like you said, it could have been so much worst ...... now you can breathe ..... and tomorrow?  Like you said, maybe tomorrow. ;-)

I read this today and liked it so much I decided to share it.

Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, some day far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer."  Rilke

• Members
daniellemom

Susannah - Such wonderful news about Curtis Jr.   I'm so glad the burns were not as bad as first thought.  My thoughts and prayers are with your family.  Stephanie was with you today and everyday.  So glad the bird flew over your head.

Bonnie - Love the saying

Betty - I just love the picture of Stephen and his friend!

Dee - Have a nice vacation

I think Mattie and I are going back to the beach Wednesday.  I will talk to you all soon.

Sonya (Danielle's Mom)

• Members
heartbeataway

When Rich and I went to New York, we were walking around downtown and my friend wanted me to see this little jewelry store. I'm not a really big jewelry person.  I wear the same jewelry over and over .....

But when I saw this Jeanine Payer ring, I was drawn to it.  I ended up buying me a new thumb ring! I loved the words carved on it.  Reminded me of our boy who is  eternally "resting high on the mountain"  

[align=center]A mountain keeps an echo

deep inside itself. That's how I hold your voice.

-Rumi,[/align]

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Bonnie, I LOVE IT!!!!!

Susannah, Thanking God for answered prayer! There is no power on Earth like that of a solid prayer chain... God bless!!

• Members

SWEET   STEPHANIE,........SEND A SMILE DOWN ON A MOONBEAM TO BRING A SMILE TO YOUR MOM'S FACE, AND ALSO YOUR DEAR CHILDREN.

STEPHANIE------AN   ANGEL   IN    HEAVEN.

Susannah----Thinking of you today & praying for little Curtis Jr. that he will

recover well. Quick thinking on the part of his dad to dunk him in the lake

to slow down the damage. Keep us posted on the baby's condition.

Betty---thanks for the kind words. Things are really busy here at this time of

year. My daughter, Becky, came over with her two boys....(age 4 & nearly 6,) and

brought her tomatoes to can. She got 10 pints of juice. The boys were underfoot,

but were pretty good.  Thanks goodness for ice cream, mac & cheese, and

"Little Bear"  cartoons. :D

Carol----Nice pic of Rachael Eileen.  She sure is a cutie. Thanks for posting it.

Lorri-----How terrible for the family with two deaths. Sending prayers for them.

I'm behind on posts, so trying to catch up as best I can.  Peace to all at BI.

Davey&Lisasmom,   Sherry  

• Members

I am trying to post a pic of Lisa K., I hope I succeed. The photographer

was inexperienced, so it is not a good pic, but one of the few I have of her.

post-9024-128153899756_thumb.jpg

• Members

GOT TO WATCH BRINLEY FOR JUST A SHORT MINUTES WHILE MOMMY TANNED AT MY HOUSE...HER SHE IS ON THE TWINS...OUCHY BUT I DID IT..

post-22932-128153899759_thumb.jpg