Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members

I am having a very very difficult morning. My Tricia passed away on May 20 and today is her birthday. She was my first born and it was such a joyful day. But today is so very sad. We are going to the park to try to fly kites for her. On Mother's Day she said "what a beautiful day to fly a kite"...something she never said before. So in her memory, we are going to try. I have nothing but bad days. I am shakey and anxious and so very, very sad. I have two other daughters and a beautiful granddaughter who's birthday was on the 9th. I need to know that the pain lessens. I can't see that now, it hurts too much. I go through the motions of the day with no meaning. I feel so much compassion for all those who have lost their children. I know what you are going through and it is Hell. I pray every day to God that He will give me the strength to carry on. God Bless all of you.

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Triciasmom - I hope you find some peace today. I hope the kite flying goes well. I can hardly remember the first few months after my daughter Julie died on October 13, 2003. The pain is so overwhelming. It does diminish. It never goes completely away. Julie was our only daughter and we have a surviving son who lives 10 hrs. away. Enjoy your children and grandchild. Smile through the tears.

Rose Kennedy said: It has been said that "time heals all wounds." I do not agree. The wound remains. In time, the mind (protecting its sanity) covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.

Lynda

• Members

Another sad loss for our family today. We had to put our dog Duke to sleep. He was 15 yrs old and we had him since he was 4 yrs. old. He was really our son's dog, but of course when he moved out he became ours. The last two years had been rough on him (we moved and then 4 months later Julie died), but the last 10 weeks his health went down him hill fast after not being able to stand and having to have a steriod shot. I know this is not the board to post pet loss on, but I am sure others have or may have to face the same decisions. There is a book "Are there horses in heaven?" to which the author says yes, our pets are there too. May Julie and Duke be romping around.

Peace, Lynda

• Members

Triciasmom,

I agree with Lynda, time does not actually heal, but we do get to a better spot. I think the steps we take through "time", is more important than time itself. "Little steps, take you somewhere... no steps take you nowhere... time has nothing to do with it... we have to take little steps... when we are ready.

I can tell you that I know that I feel better about life now (three years five months later) than I did in the first year! I garden, smile, and I have made a few personal goals. I didn't do any of this in the first year.

Peace to you, Tina

• Members

Lynda,

I am sorry for the loss of Duke... the loss has to be difficult for you and your family.

I don't know if you recall, but our dog's name is also Duke. We bought him for our living son (12 at the time) after the loss of his brother. I think we bought him three weeks after Chris crossed over. It was the best thing we ever did for our grief. We love him so much.

The loss of a pet is difficult and deserves to be talked about.

Peace to you and your family- Tina

• Members
enufalreddy

By reading the posts I know that I am in the right place.As with every other avenue of help and support I think we all take what we need and leave the rest behind. That doesn't mean that I won't or don't respect and appreciate everyones words...but some help and I can identify with more than others.Thank you for being here and I will try to be a supportive member of this group.I've cried pretty much at least half of the last 24 hours. Right now I am not.I know I will ...that endless supply of tears that the Lord supplies to wash the heart and soul. But I also have a sense of peace every once in a while ...especially from the words of the hymn that we had sung at my son's funeral....It is Well With my Soul. I will see my son again someday...not soon enough...but when I do it will be for eternity and without the pain that comes from living in this world. Peace to you all.....Erma

• Members
By reading the posts I know that I am in the right place.As with every other avenue of help and support I think we all take what we need and leave the rest behind. That doesn't mean that I won't or don't respect and appreciate everyones words...but some help and I can identify with more than others.Thank you for being here and I will try to be a supportive member of this group.I've cried pretty much at least half of the last 24 hours. Right now I am not.I know I will ...that endless supply of tears that the Lord supplies to wash the heart and soul. But I also have a sense of peace every once in a while ...especially from the words of the hymn that we had sung at my son's funeral....It is Well With my Soul. I will see my son again someday...not soon enough...but when I do it will be for eternity and without the pain that comes from living in this world. Peace to you all.....Erma

Erma,

It is Well With My Soul - Our youngest son played that hymn as the family entered the church for our oldest son's funeral. It is not all right that our son died, but it is well with my soul. The hymn that I asked to be sung at his funeral was "In the Garden." The Prayer Garden that we helped build at our church after our son died and our garden here at home are two of the places I experience the peace that only comes from God. I pray that God will continue to give you peace that only he can give.

I am so sad that you lost your son. The only thing I can do is to pray for you. That is what I'm doing as I type and will continue to do today. Thanks for giving your name.

God's grace,

Wanda

• Members

Tina, thank you for your kind words. I am sorry that I did not remember about your Duke. Ours certainly was a comfort to us and something to focus on immediately after Julie's death. The daily responsibilites of being a dog owner, I am sure, helped in our grieving process. Tina, you always know the right things to say. Thank you for being here. May we all find peace, Lynda

• Members

Hello to all especially our new friends. Pain it's been a little over 8 months for me and it has not eased..just trying to learn to deal with it. I have been blessed by 5 very speical friends who give up there time when I just can't do it by myself anymore. I agree talking about our children, all our pain and emotions helps.

For me I do not want my John forgotten so crying, laughing, speaking of him does help. I have stopped trying to figure out why. God's master plan doesn't seem right but only he knows.

No one here replyed to the prayer needed for the family of a 16 year old. Guess I was in the wrong spot. Age doesn't matter...parents are not supposed to bury their children.

I am sorry for all of our losses.

I will continue to read these posts in hopes that it will help me.

May God guide us through his horrific journey.

John 3/22/82 - 10/10/04

• Members

Hello to all especially our new friends. Pain it's been a little over 8 months for me and it has not eased..just trying to learn to deal with it. I have been blessed by 5 very speical friends who give up there time when I just can't do it by myself anymore. I agree talking about our children, all our pain and emotions helps.

For me I do not want my John forgotten so crying, laughing, speaking of him does help. I have stopped trying to figure out why. God's master plan doesn't seem right but only he knows.

No one here replyed to the prayer needed for the family of a 16 year old. Guess I was in the wrong spot. Age doesn't matter...parents are not supposed to bury their children.

I am sorry for all of our losses.

I will continue to read these posts in hopes that it will help me.

May God guide us through his horrific journey.

John 3/22/82 - 10/10/04

• Members

Jscmom,

It does help to talk about our children- even when it brings about tears. I love talking about my son's life!

Also, I didn't reply to the prayer needed for the 16 year old... but I did say a silent prayer. I don't always post when I pray or have a thought... but it doesn't mean that I don't care. I do care. I just don't always have the energy to reply. We all do the best we can... when we can. I'm sure you'll agree.

Peace to you and prayers for the family of the 16 year old- Tina

• Members

Dear Rm, I am so sorry for the loss of your son, i to loss my son Jan 31,2005 on his 21st birthday,reading your post brought back so many of those same feelings i had,i remember also waking up every morning right after Nathan passed and hoping it was a bad dream,and then realizing it really did happen. I also remember getting this overwhelming feeling everytime i would think about what had happened and feeling like i couldn't breath,it would just take my breath away,and then the crying would start.Also i think you are in shock the first couple of monthes after ,am just now realizing that this is final and Nathan is not coming back,right now i am having a really differcult time because iam going through a lot of the "first" that everyone on this site talks about,and i am missing Nathan so much.This is a wonderful wedsite though and you will find everyone here is very supportive and have all been through this terriable journey. Everyone here is in my prayers.

• Members

To Lynda, I am sorry for the loss of your dog Duke,we also had to put our dog Bud to sleep this year,he was 16 years old,my son Nathan had grown up with him,we have a picture of Nathan and Bud sleeping together when they were both little,we put it on the refridge. T/C ,Nates mom, Kathy

• Members
enufalreddy

Thank you Wanda for your prayers and your support. This is so hard.I thank God that I have others in my life who love me and that I can be useful to or I would be totally lost.This Saturday we are going to my grandaughter Sarah's first dance recital.This will be the first time I've seen her since the funeral. I hope that I can keep my tears at bay for her. I know that Walt would have been there so proud and loving for her and it's just killing me inside.Thankfully I have a counselling appointment on Wed. to try to purge and be ready to smile for this precious little girl.Five minutes at a time is about all I can handle of thinking of the continued torture this is emotionally.I pray for help to get through this event gracefully.My feelings are so mixed up right now.Saturday seems a lifetime away.I say the Serenity prayer continually and just do what is in front of me right now.I pray for peace and grace for all of us.........Erma

• Members
heartbrokendad

good morning,

I was wondering if any people here are going to attend the compassionate friends conf the first of july

• Members

I will be attending my first Compassionate Friends local meeting at the end of the month. I hope I get some help by attending their meeting. I am desperately trying to bring myself out of a very deep hole. My beautiful daughter passed away on May 20th and I miss her so much. I have so much anxiety, it's frightening. I try to keep busy, but I can't get into it. I look for only a moment when I don't feel so bad. I pray to the Lord to give me strength to get through this. Sometimes I don't think I will and then I survive the next 15 minutes. I feel like I might lose it, but I can't let that happen. I have two other beautiful daughters, Amy and Melissa and a beautiful granddaughter, Hannah, to live for. I know that. I just want to feel better and don't know how to do that. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. It seems that when I "talk" to others who have been here and who are here, it helps me cope. I know that I must do this myself, but it is much too big for me. That's why I ask the Lord for help every day...sometimes many times a day.

• Members

triciasmom - you do not have to do the next 15 minutes - just do the next 30 seconds. Sometimes it is all you can do. You should find a counselor or a bereavement group like CF that can help. Even 20 months after my daughter's death I still want to talk about her and others on this board will tell you even years after the death it is helpful to talk about your loved one and yourself.

Stu - not going to CF in Boston. I would have liked to but we are visiting our son in Ohio.

Peace to all

Lynda

• Members

Hello to all. Sad day today. It is our angel day. We kept it

low-key. We visited our son's grave and took care of the flowers

on it. We said prayers, and before leaving the cemetery we

released one white balloon which I had written a message on.

I also put TO: HEAVEN on it. We stood and watched it for

quite awhile. It became smaller and smaller, and finally it was

gone. We shed our tears, said another prayer, and left the

cemetery. Just my husband and I went. After 2 yrs., it still is

so fresh in my mind and the pain of sorrow continues. However,

we were able to do this and I thank God for that, and for getting

through the day. Peace to all who come to this site, and I thank

everyone of you as we all walk this journey.

• Members

daveydow1 thinking of you on this sad day. Triciasmom thinking of you as well I know how hard it is to go on and to even keep breathing.

I went back to my home town today as the hospital always has a memorial for those who pass away during the year it was very tuff I managed to light a candle for my son and then left as I broke out into another frenzy attack. I then went out to spend a few precious moments with my son at his grave. I went and paid off the funeral bill which I can breathe a sigh of releif for and talked to the man that had taken care of my dear son and we had a very good talk and some questions were answered that I still had filled in my head. Thinking of all of you!!

Richards Mom

• Members

Heartbroken dad

We are not going to be able to go to The Compassionate Friends conference in Boston but on July 3 the last day of the conference they have a "Walk to Remember" and I am coordinating a walk here in Oklahoma City to be in conjunction with the walk in Boston. I wish we were able to attend but not this year. Oklahoma City is being considered to host the 2007 conference so I am looking forward working on.

If anyone lives close to Oklahoma City and would like to walk with us please email me.

Matthews mom Mary

11-3-1979 - 7-13/2003

my email marylebeau@msn.com

• Members
missingchris

Well, here I am.......

another day, time and space passing by.....

And I find myself with no answers, no strength, and a feeling of such utter uselessness. I envy those that have what it takes to get through this, I envy those with faith, with supportive families and friends and a spouse that comforts.......

But it seems I don't fall into any of those catagories. I don't know what to do to get through my days. Except allow them to pass by. I know drinking isn't the answer, drugs ...... well, they only hide what's really going on inside, sleeping is what I really want to do...... sleep and not awaken till the pain is gone. But that's not allowed either. I guess this means that I didn't have any of those things I mentioned above before Chris died. Makes me a pretty sad human being. They say God doesn't make mistakes. But since Chris had so much to offer this world..... why am I still here?

• Members

Dear missingchris I feel for you and I want you to talk to me anytime I am always here for you. The pain is so untolerable I don't know that I will be able to get threw this. The only thing probably keeping me going is I am a very tired person and the more stressed i get the more I sleep I don't know what I would do if I could not sleep. Except I always wake up depressed to the realization that he's gone. Someone once told me to take minute to minute so I have to remind myself of that. I only hope I don't have to live to long in this mysery I want God to take me soon.

Richards Mom

• Members

To MissingChris, You are so sad and being so down on yourself...It is great to have a supportive family, comforting spouse,etc. I think they are all important in helping, but ultimately we each have to deal with our losses in our own way. Those others can help but they don't make us better....we do. Artina wrote earlier that what we do with the time is what helps. I agree, but I also think there is something about time passing and days/space that affect the acute pain. Because these kids were so special here, they are special there too.Your Chris loved you so much and would not want you feeling SO badly every minute of every day since his passing. They understand,, I'm sure,that we have horrible pain but would want us to go on living here and maybe even make some little thing better for their sake.Hopefully, you are just having one of those "worse" days and will feel some better tomorrow.....I wonder too why HE takes the young vital kids..but, with my faith I try to not ask why...I was taught to believe there is a plan....don't really know if that is right or wrong, just what I believe. It works for me. Otherwise, I would be losing my mind! (even more than it is lost!:) I am hoping you find some comfort....I wish you could find it from friends, or spouse....but you may just have to have your mourning time to yourself and 'heal'. You are still very early in your loss, and hopefully you will find some methods of finding some joy and comfort. It is so painful....and I can't think of one person who really relieved me either actually. I cried every day at least it is not every day now, felt empty and also wondered why not me who was older and had lived a life.....makes no sense to us. Sharing, Linda

• Members

MissingChris,

I hear you. This road is very hard, but even harder without the support that you've mentioned. I just want you to know that we care and we understand. Your life is important! I pray that you will be sent a supportive friend, who will lend a caring ear, a helping hand, and some support to you. I pray that your pain is eased. That is what I pray for you.

Peace to you, Tina

• Members

Dear Missingchris,i agree with you this is a very differcult road,i am 4 months into this and having a very hard time,also feeling very lonely and depressed all the time.My husband is sick with cancer on chemo for 2nd time around,and he is starting to drink again because of losing our son Nathan ,i think that is why i'm feeling so alone right now,i feel like i'm also losing him.Try to hang in there ,i go to meetings which sometime helps and come on this site everynight before going to bed,and read the postings,idon't sleep much ,i wish i could ,oh well ,just keep praying and try not to lose faith.When Nathan passed away,i told my husband i was losing faith in God,and he told me not to ,he said it was God who gave us Nathan for 21 years,so i have to be gratful for that. Take care,everyone is in my prayers.

• Members
griffinsmom

Well. My son was killed in an auto accident at 17- Jan 1 2005. Im sick, Im depressed- my life is practically non- existant....all the depression stuff, the suicide stuff- all the negatives you can think of, and Im sure thats alot for our population. However, I can never ask "why me, why Griffin"...because my answer is why not? why Tina, Why Kathy, Why Donna, Why Sarah, Why Brady, Why Tasha?....the list of parents and kids go on and on. This thought helps keep me going, the idea of the randomness of these accidents, and that NO ONE, parents or children deserve this, and they all have so much to give- as do we- and how all our lives are over when our kids get killed- our lives and theirs here on earth. My greatest comfort is to try real hard to believe in the afterlife and that Griffin is around me all the time- and that I keep myself going for him, 'cause he would be real dissappointed if I ended my life early out of grief- when he is at peace. For now, I stay in bed, watch alot of pointless TV- waste alot of time- all in the name of healing. Its all I can do. I do have a 7 month old daughter- she was 2 months old when Grif was killed- and she makes me get up- but we just hang in the house mostly. Im waiting to heal.

• Members

Kathy714,

I can't imagine what you are going through. I pray that your husband beats the cancer... I can understand you being mad at God- we feel like our loss and negetive experiences are a personal attack. I know that I run through that thought every once in a while- but I logically know (for myself) that the human body can't take the impact that my son indured. His life was ended way too soon and I miss him so much. I am grateful to have had him for 19 years, but I am so sad/mad that he is still not here to share his life with us. We are human and can't help but take it personal once in a while. It's okay that you get mad- your hurt.

• Members

Griffinsmom,

Believing in the after-life is exactly what helps me through my day to day grief. That belief is so very important to healing. I also agree with what you were saying about the "why us" question that most of us ask after the loss of our loved one. I do believe that once we ask the question, "well why not us", we begin the process of healing- our loss feels less personal and directed at just us. However, I do think "why us/me" is a normal question to ask through the grief process.

Peace to you, Tina

• Members

Guys,I've been living this life since Sept.Do I hate it,you bet!Can I do anything about it, NOPE.So I ask myself what can I change? I figured out all I can control is how I view the situation.I've been trying to find some good.So I'm going to list some of them here.I know that not everybody is ready to do this but I'm just trying to show another side to our situation.My son died at 24 too young, YES, but I thank God for every minute I had him in my life!He had no life insurance and a five year old little girl. Terrible, YES AGAIN! But I do have a little piece of him in her here on earth. No money to help take care of her.Tough times ahead? Maybe not Brian's friends in his car club are having a Memorial Car Show Sat June 18 to raise money for his Daughter Alyssa.This will

be my first Fathers Day without Brian but what a gift he gave me this year in the hard work and company of his friends doing the car show.I'm having a Golf Tournament the following weekend.I have over 120 golfers so far.All these people have lives of their own but found time to give money and/or time to help my granddaughter.Does it bring Brian back? NO.But it does help all of us not to forget him and that is all any of us has left.I'm not trying to be Mr Look on the Bright Side,but in order to make it to the day we meet our children again we need to find whatever good we can find no matter how small.I hope all you Dads make it OK Sunday.To everyone else do the best you can that's all that can be asked of us.

Happy Fathers Day Brian

Alyssa misses you,so do I.

I love ya B

Dad

• Members
Guys,I've been living this life since Sept.Do I hate it,you bet!Can I do anything about it, NOPE.So I ask myself what can I change? I figured out all I can control is how I view the situation.I've been trying to find some good.So I'm going to list some of them here.I know that not everybody is ready to do this but I'm just trying to show another side to our situation.My son died at 24 too young, YES, but I thank God for every minute I had him in my life!He had no life insurance and a five year old little girl. Terrible, YES AGAIN! But I do have a little piece of him in her here on earth. No money to help take care of her.Tough times ahead? Maybe not Brian's friends in his car club are having a Memorial Car Show Sat June 18 to raise money for his Daughter Alyssa.This will

be my first Fathers Day without Brian but what a gift he gave me this year in the hard work and company of his friends doing the car show.I'm having a Golf Tournament the following weekend.I have over 120 golfers so far.All these people have lives of their own but found time to give money and/or time to help my granddaughter.Does it bring Brian back? NO.But it does help all of us not to forget him and that is all any of us has left.I'm not trying to be Mr Look on the Bright Side,but in order to make it to the day we meet our children again we need to find whatever good we can find no matter how small.I hope all you Dads make it OK Sunday.To everyone else do the best you can that's all that can be asked of us.

Happy Fathers Day Brian

Alyssa misses you,so do I.

I love ya B

Dad

Briansdad, You are very brave and I admire your outlook.

You are lucky to have Brians offspring. These holidays are tough to get through. This will be my 2nd Fathers day without Jason. I guess it is all relative. I had Jason for 27.5 years. I'm sure anyone that's lost a child would give anything for at least one more year or one more day. Jason said that He would make a good Father and had a gift with children. Fathers day is a reminder He will never experience the joy of being a parent. I was in the room when he was born and cut the cord. I never in my life experienced such immediate Love. We will all keep our childrens memory alive, because they are alive in our hearts and minds. God bless and keep all of you. Life and death is so random. Say a prayer for the parents of Natalie Holloway. How awful would that be to not know if your child was dead or alive and maybe not to ever see their body again. Happy Fathers Day. Dan

• Members

Kathy714,

My heart goes out to you for the sorrow you are going through

after your dear son's passing. I guess we can only go a day at

a time, or actually hour to hour and minute to minute. Peace

to you.

Griffinsmom,

So sorry to hear about your son, Griffin's passing. My prayers

are with you, and bless your baby girl.

Jasonsdad,

I share a situation the same as yours-----My son, David, passed

on 6/14/03 from a horrible traffic accident. He was unmarried,

and left no children either. Yes, it is sad to think that you

will never have a part of Jason left here on earth. I feel the

same. I was lucky to have Davey for 31 years. I pray you can find

some comfort in this road we travel together. Peace be with you.

• Members

Bless you 2 Dad's! What good Father's you are. What a good idea to pray for the Hollowell (sp) girl. They have really been on my mind too. Thanks for your positive attitudes in a horrible life situation, the carrying of the loss of your child......Linda

• Members
proudmomov2

I want to thank you all for all the kind words and thoughts of inspiration. I'm sorry I haven't replied before now it's been really rought this past week.

Scott's 23rd birthday would have been today June 16th. I spent several days preparing for even more heartache of missing my baby. I spent hours at his graveside and took flowers, balloons, cards and an angel. I wrote him a special poem today and would like to share it with you all.

Today is your Birthday, no celebration, or cheers,

Just 23 years of memories and more painful tears.

I thought about the day you were born, your small wonderful eyes aglow

I held you in my arms and thought I'd never let you go.

I thought of other Birthdays, and how special you are to me,

There was no secret in the love we shared, for everyone could see.

I miss you more each passing day and can't believe it's true,

How could god take such a special young man, why did he have to take you?

Nothing can take away your memories, or our love from my heart,

For the love and bond we share, not even death can tear apart.

• Members

Proudmomov2,

My heart goes out to you. My prayers are with you. Your poem was very touching. It actually reminded me of one that I found in a book that is my inspiration on certain days:

Love is stronger than death.

So, I must be content to know that love is not affected by death--

it doesn't end, it doesn't diminish, it doesn't change.

Instead, love is Immortalized and eternalized through death.

And the possibility of that love ever being damaged or broken is eliminated forever.

I put my trust in love.

Comfort be with you.

Diane

• Members

Proudmomof2- WHAT A GREAT POEM!!! It says it all....Thanks. How do you put these words down so perfect? The other poem is so true too. Nice reads.....Linda

• Members

To all the Dads - happy Father's Day. I know that this is a very hard day for all of you. May you find peace and joy in the memories of your child/children. Lynda

• Members

Just a note to all the dad's on this site~ we know that today will be difficult without your beloved child/ren. You will always be their father!

Please know that we care and are thinking about you today.

Peace to you, Tina

• Members
missingchris

A wish to all the Dad's : May your memories sustain you today. Happy Father's Day.

Chris's Mom

• Members

Thanks for your Fathers day wishes. Today was a very hard day. I just can't get past my memories. Had so many good ones, but not having Jason here today

overtakes them all. I feel so weak and setback, looking at old pictures and torturing myself. I don't feel like a Father, just someone yearning to see his Son. I know I am not alone, I know most of us feel that way today.

I feel more despair then hope. Maybe tomorrow will bring back the hope.

Today just longing to hug my child. Hoping that someday We all will!

Mom amd me love you Jason.

• Members

To all the Dads on this site,my prayers go out to you on this Fathers Day,i know it must of been differcult,i felt more emotions today,than on Mothers Day,i think it was hard watching my husband go through it....

• Members

To Briansdad,i can relate to what you posted,Nathan didn't have life insuance either and i can't believe how generous everyone was during that differcult time.We needed 4,000 dollars the morning of the funeral,and that night after the wake,we came home and counted all the money in the cards and we recieved just over the 4,000 dollars,and after that people kept sending cards and taking up collections,we were lucky enough to pay for the whole funeral,and i have some money put away to buy the headstone,i never seen anything like that,i also feel Nathan must of left that kind of immpression where people cared enough about him to do this for us.. T/C Kathy

• Members
heartbrokendad

Dear friends,

Thanks for all of your expressions of love and careing, it was a very bitter-sweet fathers day. Their headstone finally went in, and that made it a more meaningfull fathersday. I now have done all I can do for my children in this life.

I have started speaking to parents/kids on the damage that drugs can do to you and your family. It is very hard at times to tell my childrens story to starngers, but they seem to want to hear it. I have been invited to speak at other venues, and even on some local cable t.v. shows.

If I can stop one child from going through what my children went through, or prevent what happend to me from happening to another parent, it will be well worth it.

I couldnt save my children from drugs, but maybe now that I know what signs to look for in our children, I can help others.

Thaks again to all those who sent fathers day wishes...

Stu

Carrie and Matthews dad

• Members

Stu - good for you!!! What a great way to honor your children's memory and to get a very important message out to others. My husband and I still look for ways to honor Julie's memory so that there are positive things that happen as a result of her death. I wish you much success on this new journey in your life. Peace to all. Lynda

• Members
heartbrokendad

Thanks Linda,

It is really in their memory that I am doing this, I even play a tape of Carrie singing at her brothers wedding in 92, she was a great singer, and on the tape she sings "Take My Breath Away". It is good for the kids/parents to see, and hear them, so they will see that they were kids just like them..they all think they are indestructible, nothing can hurt them...

Stu

Carrie and Matthews dad

• Members

Dear Stu, good for you ,i give you much credit for speaking to thee young kids about drinking and drugs,they need to hear it,and it's true if you can get through to even one kid in a crowd and maybe save there life,that is a good thing.Keep up the good work. T/C Kathy,Nates mom