Top Posters In This Topic

• KayC

• DWS

• RichS

• Boggled

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
On 5/4/2024 at 12:22 PM, KayC said:

Spent an hour trying to rotate a PDF and save it, too cheap to pay Adobe's price, knowing there has to be a way to save it w/o it going back to making me view it sideways.  (Costco order, had it's own issues).  Finally got it done with Bullzip.  Now to remember how.  Sigh again.  Such is aging alone...

Aww jeez...glad to hear you were finally able to do it but when it comes to tweeking pdfs, there are online sites where you can do it totally for free without downloading any software. I googled and found this if and whenever you need to do any rotating pdfs again:  https://www.ilovepdf.com/rotate_pdf  I tried it and it works like a charm! I also don't want to pay for Adobe's expensive software and refuse to pay them a monthly subscription fee. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Bullzip is free and I figured out how to make it work, my son told me about it years ago, been using ever since, it's just different w/Windows 11 than it was with 10 or 7.

• Like 2

• Members
RichS
2 hours ago, KayC said:

We can't just go back to before we knew life with them.  What we can do is look for good in each day and learn to carry our grief.  It doesn't leave us as "before" though.

Words spoken by a wise lady...................putting into practice each day can be a grind..............

• Hugs 4

• Members
Cath61
On 4/22/2024 at 8:08 PM, KayC said:

I worked my tail off today, moving heavy pieces of metal from under the patio, cat scratchers from the patio, cots from the shop, a weight set from patio, ironing board, you name it, ready to toss in dumpster when it's delivered...and melted down, George, we were supposed to be doing this together, we were supposed to grow OLD together!!!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Cath61

My feelings exactly....why did you leave me???

• Hugs 3

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Bou said:

I care for my adult daughter with MI.

Wow, that is tough.  And working on top of all this, that is a lot.  I had to go back to work too, within two weeks, then the business closed down and I had to commute 100 miles/day.  When my dog, Arlie, got cancer and died, that was really tough to go through alone.  Getting Kodie (my service dog) was my saving grace.  The scare we had this week was really rough, but I have a lot of determination, I've no doubt we would have made it through his exploratory surgery and recovery, but oh man, it would have been tough!  This week has seemed like a year.  Add to that bears and cougar attacks on our street (killed two sheep 24 hours ago).  

5 hours ago, WithoutHer said:

I guess knowing everyone here gets it that makes feeling redundant OK .

Yes, we do.  My tears dried up years ago but one can cry on the inside.  An eye doctor told me I literally cried all my tears up.

• Hugs 3

• Members
Boggled

It has been argued that an important task of coping with grief is—to some extent – to exclude the ‘other-from-self’ (Boelen & van den Hout, 2010). This would involve gradually becoming less “merged” with the deceased, such that a bereaved individual needs to become less reliant on the deceased’s identity, resources and perspectives for their own self-identity.    from this article :  It’s not who you lose, it’s who you are: Identity and symptom trajectory in prolonged grief | Current Psychology (springer.com)

well, I know in my own case that very early on AFTER, I'd come to the conclusion that "he is still in me."  Maybe, because I and some of us other people on here, do still keep "them" in my heart, CLING to their memories, CLING to the "old ways," that were "our ways," and there is huge emotion involved in the clinging, huge love and loyalty ... MAYBE ... well ... maybe it's okay and really worthy, for ourselves and the rest of the world, that we live with this emotion and continuing our "prolonged grief."   Because we do still carry our loved ones in our own self-identity.   I don't WANT "to exclude the 'other-from-self'.  But part of my 'other' that I'm carrying in my 'self' was a pretty tough strong person, and my 'other' would also be searching for a way of "coping with grief."   And he is in me.  So, regardless of being "merged" with the deceased, and very very very slowly in my case, I AM COPING.  Just by little by little starting to do more things and BEING.  And in my case, that is, BEING 'US.'  ... but then, maybe I'm just totally whacked.  :)  yeah, ah well ... so???

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
Boggled
23 hours ago, Boggled said:

It has been argued that an important task of coping with grief is—to some extent – to exclude the ‘other-from-self’ (Boelen & van den Hout, 2010). This would involve gradually becoming less “merged” with the deceased, such that a bereaved individual needs to become less reliant on the deceased’s identity, resources and perspectives for their own self-identity.    from this article :  It’s not who you lose, it’s who you are: Identity and symptom trajectory in prolonged grief | Current Psychology (springer.com)

re-reading this, they mention that the bereaved individual needs to become "less reliant on the deceased's identity, resources and perspectives for their own self-identity."

Yep, makes sense, BUT it does not address the huge other aspect:  the love between the two.  

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
HisMunchkin
2 minutes ago, JonathanFive said:

In other news, I'm waiting on the final grades for my latest "PhD level" class to come in.  I should know them by tomorrow night.  I need 84% or better to pass the class, and the last two assignments I handed in "arrg"

Everybody pray!!  I need 840 points or better for the term

Good luck!!!

And did you see the hematologist?  Hope you're feeling all better! 💝

• Like 3

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, JonathanFive said:

I need 840 points or better for the term

Hoping and praying with you...let us know!

• Like 4

• Members
JonathanFive
38 minutes ago, HisMunchkin said:

Good luck!!!

And did you see the hematologist?  Hope you're feeling all better! 💝

I haven't yet.  Its crazy!!  I got offered this new job, which I desperately needed, and the caveat for this thing was "no time off during training," so I probably won't get to hematologist in June.  

I can't even explain this, but basically, I couldn't get off from work, and the doctor could not accommodate an appointment change to an earlier date

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
HisMunchkin
3 hours ago, JonathanFive said:

I haven't yet.  Its crazy!!  I got offered this new job, which I desperately needed, and the caveat for this thing was "no time off during training," so I probably won't get to hematologist in June.  

I can't even explain this, but basically, I couldn't get off from work, and the doctor could not accommodate an appointment change to an earlier date

That SUCKS!  When does training end?  Can you re-book?  How are you feeling?

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

I agree, Rich, yet someone I know (Denise) is a veteran and they won't even answer her need for a referral for surgery that the ER doctor marked URGENT!!!  Nothing.  I wish Peter DeFazio was still our congressman, he'd have been on them like a tick on a hound!  Yet it's been a week and nothing...

She's being a squeaky wheel yet still they won't answer, and everything cause her severe pain...very broken nose and shoulder!  Needs surgery last week, but nada...

• Sad 5

• Members
HisMunchkin
21 hours ago, JonathanFive said:

I'm ok 🙂

That's a relief!  I hope it was just because you were low on iron.

21 hours ago, JonathanFive said:

Its crazy.  Its a bunch of artificial intelligence reading resumes that artificial intelligence is writing - and nobody is getting hired. https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/ai-bots-are-taking-over-the-job-application-process-everyone-is-losing/ar-BB1mbz3t?ocid=BingNewsSearch

Job seekers, frustrated with corporate hiring software, are using artificial intelligence to craft cover letters and résumés in seconds, and deploying new automated bots to robo-apply for hundreds of jobs in just a few clicks. In response, companies are deploying more bots of their own to sort through the oceans of applications.

The result: a bot versus bot war that’s leaving both applicants and employers irritated and has made the chances of landing an interview, much less a job, even slimmer than before.

I'm sorry, but I just had to laugh a little. 🤖💫🤖 ---> 💥💥💥

• Like 2

• Moderators

Still, I would register before you need it.  A friend of mine uses it for all his care, it's a pain in the axx to get help initially but once the ball is rolling, can be helpful.  He got his Eloquis paid for through them but it took 1 1/2 months for them to initially come through.
Denise got a message on her phone too late to get back to them before the weekend but will try again this week.  Do they think she's sitting around waiting to hear from them?  She's going to doctors to get a different sling, Rxs, etc.  No thanks to them.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Rey Dominguez Jr said:

Have to figure out a way to tell them.  Perhaps I’ll fly and rent a car there, instead of driving, although I do enjoy the drive.  Heck, I’m only 70!  

If you want to drive there alone, tell them that, you shouldn't have to change your plans if you enjoy it.  12 hours isn't that far...says the person who doesn't like driving alone for three hours!  But I'm a country folk, not a city folk, not wild about freeways, although we do have to drive highway to get groceries or go to the doctor!

• Like 4

• Members
6 hours ago, Rey Dominguez Jr said:

So, I mentioned to our younger son and DIL that I was toying with the idea of driving to TX in the summer to visit family and a couple of old friends.  Told them I was considering going in the summer, possibly in August.  After expressing some concern about me driving alone (it’s about a 12 hour drive), they said they might like to come with me on the trip.  I think they are worried about me being on the road by myself.  In actuality, for the past about 22 years, I been doing all the driving when Veronica and I went on a road trip, beginning with her DL being canceled due to too many incidents related to low blood sugar, and then losing her left lower leg.  I think I need to make the trip by myself, one of those things I have to do without my bride in the passenger seat.  One of those “firsts”.  Have to figure out a way to tell them.  Perhaps I’ll fly and rent a car there, instead of driving, although I do enjoy the drive.  Heck, I’m only 70!  

Good for you, Rey, just for the WANTING to do it.  

It's nice your younger son and DIL are concerned ... but you need to do what YOU want to do IMHO.

What to do with the cats?  I now have 4 cats ... and my one friend has said "they could stay here IN MY CARPORT ..."  in your carport?  my precious kitties ?  😟  and to go on a trip of more than a week, how much would that cost for four cats at some "shelter?"   

For me, just driving to meetings on Sundays about 13 miles away, and back, is nice!  I drive roads that are winding, beautiful, and slow, with very little if any traffic on Sundays, and it gives me some feeling of quiet, peaceful pondering-while-driving ... lately I've been noticing, I'm enjoying ... just driving!  Dunno about highway driving long-trip though.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
19 hours ago, Cath61 said:

I feel the same way, my husband's been gone 3 months and was a big fisherman.  My kids want me to put the boat in the water, and I will, but  it's bringing up such a sadness and I feel the unfairness of the situation.  I  want my husband back! I also did flowers and feel the same "meh" .  Upside, cardinals have been visiting a lot!

To 

Could you perhaps make a little ceremony out of it? 

• Like 4

• Members
8 hours ago, Rey Dominguez Jr said:

Perhaps I’ll fly and rent a car there, instead of driving, although I do enjoy the drive.  Heck, I’m only 70!  

I have made many trips driving 14 to 19 hours over the years and enjoyed them all. I'm also 70 but since Vickie passed I feel like I'm going on 90 and don't know if I could do a drive like that again without her.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members
16 hours ago, Rey Dominguez Jr said:

I think I need to make the trip by myself, one of those things I have to do without my bride in the passenger seat.  One of those “firsts”.

I know what you mean.  I feel a need to face "firsts" at times.  And then afterwards, even though it may have hurt doing it, I do feel a sense of empowerment.  And I usually do it with him in mind, like feeling that he's still with me, encouraging me, joking around with me like old times.  That's how I carry on.  I'm remembering how it felt having him beside me, and I now carry that feeling wherever I go, whatever I do. 

• Hugs 2