Top Posters In This Topic

• KayC

• DWS

• RichS

• JonathanFive

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Gail 8588

Yes, the meaning of the lyrics of songs like Eleanor Rigby are much more clear and meaningful now.

I wish I didn't  know now what I didn't  know then. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
10 hours ago, JonathanFive said:

This hurts right now.  This just hurts, hurts, hurts.  I have will to turn out the lights, and burn candles.  Ouch, ouch.   I think that since it's now two months in, the initial shock in, "worn off," and I am just left with emotion, without the adrenaline that accompanies shock.

The PAIN was what I wanted to stop!  And the initial shock, for me, I THINK now, carried on for many months...  similar to PTSD, not about adrenaline I don't THINK.  

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

You can highlight a sentence and a quote will pop up, click on that.  Or you can quote a whole post.

Ahh, I see you did it already!

• Like 4

• Moderators

Well it's not unhealthy imo.  It's part of our connection.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Griefsucks810
54 minutes ago, Jemiga70 said:

Absolutely. Often I feel like the last man on earth. There is no color, shape, tone, taste . . . it's a greyscale life now.

This struck me as I walked on the beach at sunset yesterday. Here I was on a tropical beach - and lucky enough to have the means to be here in the first place - and feeling an immeasureable emptiness inside. Then, of course, I felt guilty for feeling that.

I would like to be OK with my apathy instead of constantly beating myself up over it, instead of marveling at others' passion for life, at all the great important things theyre doing, at all the fun theyre having and wondering what's wrong with me that I don't feel that way too?  I would like to be OK with the reality "it's OK that I'm not OK."

Nobody close to me - friends, family - understands the pain I'm in, but I think they respect how I'm moving through it.

So many good insights on this thread. Thanks for starting it.

You shouldn’t feel guilty for feeling good about being somewhere without your love. I also wonder when I’ll start feeling ok with life and actually have a passion for it too. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
43 minutes ago, Griefsucks810 said:

You shouldn’t feel guilty for feeling good about being somewhere without your love.

Actually, the point I was making is that I was not feeling good  - and was feeling guilty about not feeling good -  despite scenery that most people would consider inspiring or  uplifting.

As I said, I want to work towards making peace with the fact that it's OK I'm not OK.  I still tend to fight the grief, the pain of the loss, to look at it as "something to fix."

Best wishes to you as you move with your own grief.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Griefsucks810
1 hour ago, Jemiga70 said:

Actually, the point I was making is that I was not feeling good  - and was feeling guilty about not feeling good -  despite scenery that most people would consider inspiring or  uplifting.

As I said, I want to work towards making peace with the fact that it's OK I'm not OK.  I still tend to fight the grief, the pain of the loss, to look at it as "something to fix."

Best wishes to you as you move with your own grief.

Oh I’m sorry that I misunderstood what you were feeling. It is ok not to be okay cuz I’m still not okay after 4 years 5 months. It takes time to fully accept that grief will always be a part of our lives - we just have to learn how to control it- there’s no fixing it. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
20 hours ago, DWS said:

Whether in time, gratefulness will eventually overcome grief to help bring me back to life, that's the question and the hope. But I'm this way for now and feel it is totally justified. 

This. Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
21 hours ago, DWS said:

I think fully understanding what's now missing in our lives....continually missing... is reason enough to carry grief rather than trying to discard it or remedy it in some way. The emptiness has a very legitimate reason for being there. 

I must be misunderstanding you because I have plenty of reasons! What I think I've always been missing are enough reason to stop it from having so much control over my life.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1