• KayC

• DWS

• RichS

• JonathanFive

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
HisMunchkin
1 hour ago, shawnt said:

To me that's the hardest part. I am not ok, I will always miss her. But life continues. I have children to tend and love, I have friends who need me, I have a father who seems to need me more and more as he ages, I have a business and employees who rely on me for their pay cheques and somehow I have to be ok with not being ok. I have to show up even if I am not as useful and good as I used to be, even if my soul howls in agony over her not being with me.Coming to the realization that my life will never return to"normal" means I have to learn to live with a new"normal" and hope I can learn how to have some joy or at least have a little fun. 

Do you at least experience moments of peace, and moments of "o.k"?

• Hugs 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Jemiga70 said:

It'll be what it'll be.

Yes.  One day at a time.

• Like 4

• Members

I can't quite articulate my thoughts on this thread. Read them again and it feels like there is a truth in there, something hazy ; glass half full, if you can't love the one you want love the one your with, today is the only day we truly have. Something about what everyone wrote feels bigger than that but I can't put my finger on it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Maybe my life is just turning into something strange ... to me.  To the person I was with my husband.  Just accept ... it's better than dying, eh?  Just STRANGE, life with cats and occasional visits from sons, occasional trips to town, looking forward to one word game a day ... trying to figure out "what to do?" ... it's DIFFERENT.  For me, still big moments of sorrow ... drove this morning to town, passed a little street that used to go to a TV station where my husband liked to go talk, wham!  crying while driving.   It just happens.  Then it (the crying part)'s "over."  But it leaves a sense of ... "well this sadness is just ongoing but I shouldn't drive while crying, ... " and just keep on.  Keep on keeping on.  Into the strangeitude.  

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 4

• Members
HisMunchkin
7 hours ago, shawnt said:

Something about what everyone wrote feels bigger than that but I can't put my finger on it.

? What do you mean?  What is this "something"?

• Like 2

• Members
39 minutes ago, RichS said:

Sadly, our 95 year old uncle passed away this afternoon. He had a happy go lucky carefree life for the most part. He'll be missed by family and friends.........................

Ohhh Rich...I am so sorry to hear your news. My deepest condolences to you and your family. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Rich, my deepest condolences for you and your family. Losing a loved one is never easy no matter their age.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, RichS said:

Sadly, our 95 year old uncle passed away this afternoon. He had a happy go lucky carefree life for the most part. He'll be missed by family and friends.........................

I am so sorry for your loss.  I know what it is to miss someone...my heart goes out to you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Members

I think if I was smarter or more mature I would get to the root of the bigger message. When I was younger I was absolutely certain of my roles;  husband and father, provider and the path seemed clear. Now I can't see the future and worse I have a hard time giving a hoot.

RichS I am sorry for your loss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
HisMunchkin
17 hours ago, RichS said:

I'm so sorry for your loss. 🥺

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Members
HisMunchkin
3 hours ago, shawnt said:

I think if I was smarter or more mature I would get to the root of the bigger message. When I was younger I was absolutely certain of my roles;  husband and father, provider and the path seemed clear. Now I can't see the future and worse I have a hard time giving a hoot.

Maybe it's a good thing that you don't give a hoot what your roles are or what your future will look like?  I don't know if it's the same for you, but for me, from what I've heard from others who lost their spouse, it's like their future died with their spouse.  Because our spouse is so close to us and is such a huge part of our life, and because in the back of our mind we have the expectations of a future together, all that just crumbles when they pass away.   It's very confusing, very scary, and very painful.  "What now?  What's going to happen in the future?"  Lots of worries can stem from thoughts like that.  But maybe at some point, you no longer "give a hoot" (i.e., you are no longer worried at least)?  On the other hand, if you mean you "don't give a hoot" about anything at all, it could be that you're depressed.   

• Like 4

• Moderators
18 hours ago, RichS said:

Sorry to hear, but glad he had a good life...

4 hours ago, shawnt said:

That hardly indicates a lack of intelligence or maturity. In fact, I suspect it's quite "normal" given the circumstances. I've been there many times...I suspect most of us have

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Members
On 2/17/2024 at 3:11 AM, Rey Dominguez Jr said:

I get that.  Washing the dinner dishes when thoughts of Veronica came to mind and I just teared up and had to stop.  Driving somewhere, pass a familiar location or landmark and more memories of what was come to the fore and I have to catch my breath as the sobs well up.  Sadness now and forever.  Keep on keepin’on.  Just sucks.  

oddly this "into the strangeitude" feeling is BETTER than the "no!" attitude I've had for a loong time.  At least I can recognize that living this life without my precious husband always at my side seems strange and not-great BUT maybe this INTO THE STRANGEITUDE is my form of "acceptance."  (not my fave word).  

Rich, sorry!!!  like widower2 said, glad he had a good life.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, shawnt said:

depressed ? Of course. But not of the clinical variety, according to the head shrinker  I have an emotional based depression, not a physical caused depression( no chemical imbalances) in other words all in my head ( or heart)

Best description I've heard of the difference!

• Like 4

• Members
22 hours ago, JonathanFive said:

I'm so worried about him.  I'm absolutely worried, and I hope he's safe. 

What am I worried about?  It's out of my hands.  Certainly he's not in any danger here on Earth.   I imagine he's safe with God in Heaven - assuming..   or he's safe out there in the great energy of the Universe - more likely.

Somewhere out there.  

yeah.  For discussing that, we can't do it except a-way down at the bottom of the forums on here, there's part of the forum called "Spiritual - Religious Beliefs," you have to hit "Home" then go nearly to the bottom.  One thing that's actually been pretty cool for me the past few days, is looking at photos of "Pictish stones - Class I" where the early Scottish Picts left behind "obscure meaning" stones that, for me, make sense ... at least, the two circles connected but with a "z-line" across them, called "double disc and z-rod" on Wikipedia:    Double disc (Pictish symbol) - Wikipedia   ... and then the "crescent" above or below the double disc!  to me, they're marvelous.

Edited by Boggled
more words
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
23 hours ago, JonathanFive said:

another day with a broken heart...

Yes...grief seems to be a 24/7 thing with, maybe, a few breaks here and there. As the months move along, I've found that the breaks can get longer with moments where I'll wonder if I really need to return to it. But then bam...a holiday shows up or the season changed or I pass by someone who looked like him or I remembered a tender moment with him that I'd forgotten. Then the break is over. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3