Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members

I wanted to take this opportunity to wish all the Moms on this site as peaceful a mothers day as possible.Try to think of all the past mothers day's and smile as you remember your loved ones.

• Replies 68.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
peacefulnow

I wanted to wish a Happy Mother’s Day to all of you special moms. You are, without a doubt, the most amazing women, and mothers, I have ever had the pleasure of associating with. Handling the grief of losing your precious children with such dignity, and showing so much compassion and love for others…reaching out and giving, even when your own sorrow is so deep and real and painful. Thank you all. May your day be as special as each and every one of you are.

Happy Mother’s Day

Cindy

• Members
deewithgreeneyes

To All of My Friends....

Iwanted to letyou know that the moving van will be here on this comingTuesday to get my belongings and put them into storage. i have to be out of my house on Thursday. My son wanted me to come live with him until I find a place but he is 2 hours from where I am settling in and I must be close so that I can see property as it comes available. So I will be living in my travel trailer at a campground in the town I am moving to. I am kind of scaredgetting off line as you have been an anchor for me, I could not have gotten by those dark days without you, I know it. Many times I thought of suicide the days I wrote in and you guys pulled me out of those dark thoughts. I am hoping that the library they have in town (population 2,000) will have a computer. Somehow I will stay in touch.

I am not going to my son's this year. Mike is moving this weekend as well and I still have packing I need to do. Mike is about 2-3 hours from here and I am packing myself. As you all know to well the staying focused thing is a laugh so I have my mom's things and Michelle's things scattered and trying to figure out what goes with me and what stays in storage. Good luck huh? I will probably forget all my underwear or something. Friends and family are totally oblivious to what Mike and I are going through with all the changes. Mostly family they have just ben totally useless. I am looking forward to moving and not contacting any of them when I get into the mountains in my cabin. Old Dee will just fade away into the sunset and they wil be wondering "Why hasn't she called" (smile). Then when their time comes when they look towards family for support...they won't be looking my way because I won't be there like I had been in the past. Yes, I am angry and bitter with them and since I have been known to have one hell of a stubborn streak I guess it won't change.

Love You Guys and don't worry I am just off-line for my move.

Love, Dee

• Members

For deewithgreeneyes- What about a laptop??? Do you have a cell phone number so I can promise you that I will call you LOTS during this time and I will make sure that you just LOOK at sunsets and don't TRAVEL OFF INTO THEM?? We need you!! Please send me your number, OK?? I am at huntross4@aol.com!!! xoxoI love you-mamabets

• Members
ashleysmom

Dear Mom, I know this day is hard, all mothers being honored.

I know you'd like to crawl away, and feel as if your cornered.

Of all the holidays that come, this one is blatantly clear,

The child you gave birth to, is no longer here.

Other's don't know what to do, and they don't know what to say.

How do you wish an Angel Mom, a Happy Mother's Day?

So I send this wish to you, to the most loving mother I know,

As you keep my memory alive, everywhere you go.

Though this day will be rough, remember I am near,

Giving you the strength to go on, in the memories that we share.

I wish you love, I wish you peace, deep within your heart,

I wish you a Happy Mother's Day, even though we are apart.

• Members
heartbrokendad

To all of the wonderful moms here at b.i....may you find peace, love, joy, and fond memories on this Sunday, and everyday....thinking of all of you..

Stu..

Carrie and Matthews dad

• Members

to all my BI friends - may we all find peace on mother's day.

Deewithgreeneyes - good luck on your move, your thoughts and counsel will be missed. Email if you wish and I will give you my phone number.

Peace to all. Lynda

• Members
deewithgreeneyes

Julsmom, yes I would like to e mail you. I am sacred of losing touch with everyone. My e mail is deeappel@cox.net. My computer will be getting torn apart on Monday.

I hope I am making the right decision, I am sad about leaving here. My mom and dad were here for 30 years. My dad and I were close as well but he left us way to young back in 1980. Mom never changed a thing after dad passed away (he was 48), kids were raised here (just about). I am taking the kitchen door with me where we kept marks and dates as Michelle and Mike were growing up. Later, my grandchildren were added on to the door. I am going to make a desk out of it (not me but someone else I find that can do it)(smile). I am about as handy with a saw as an elephant in a gift shop. But i have gave it a lot of thought and for me the house is now filled with memories of my loved one's who are gone. This house was filled with much love and laughter for many years. I don't know but with Michelle's death..it just closed the book for me.

I am having one of the elders to come over and sage the house for me for the new people moving in. I want this house to bring them as much love as it did my family.

Tomorrow at my mom's cemetary they are having a rememberance tree/trees to be decoratd with wreaths. I have ordered one large one with blue flowers and white bows and and a ribbon that says "To All Mother's of Spirit Children".

I will be picking it up today and puting it on the tree tomorrow morning.

Love you All

• Members

Ashleys mom what a nice poem you wrote, I know all to well the meaning of your words. You have much talent. Lorismom I love that poem. I am going to print both of these poems I will treasure them. Love you all I will be thinking of you as I burn my candle tommorrow. Peace to you all!

• Members
deewithgreeneyes

Love to all you poets...beautiful. I am keeping all of them in a journal I have. I wish I had to ability as you do, you express it all for all of us. Thank you.

• Members
mom2angels

{{{HUGS}}} to all~

Betsy ~ Thank you for your unending love and support. Yes, we will keep skipping along together on this rocky path and helping each other up, when we stumble or fall. You make the journey brighter with your sunshine, Bets.

Lynda ~ Thank you for your prayers and hugs, and know that they are being returned to you. Your moment with your two Sunday School students reminds us of the joy in the hugs of sweet little children. Since I cannot become a “biological” Grandma, I “adopt” the children of my friends. I’ve discovered that being a Grandma is a state of mind, and I really enjoy being in that state!

Dottie ~ Your lovely poem really captures the bittersweet essence of Mother’s Day for all of us here. Thank you so much for sharing your feelings and thoughts. I will also print and keep your poem.

Dee ~ I will be thinking of and praying for you as you implement this major change in your life. I can imagine how difficult it will be to leave the home where so many precious memories were created. But I can also see the benefit for you in starting a new life for yourself. No matter where you are, your mom and Michelle will always be with you, and your memories will remain in your heart forever. I’m sending positive energy your way that you will find the ideal cabin, and that nature will work in concert to soothe your soul. Until you are hooked up again and back in contact here, remember that we are all connected spiritually. You are never alone.

Brian’s Dad, Cindy, Stu, and Rhonda ~ Thank you for your Mother’s Day wishes, and I join you in extending my love and prayers to all of our incredible, courageous Mothers here. May God grant each of us peace and comfort, and may we all feel our beautiful, precious children very near to us. I will light many candles for all of you tomorrow.

Blessings to all~

Love & Light,

Roslyn

• Members

For all Moms~ I wish you peace, joy and love, trimmed with miles of smiles, this Mothers Day, 2006... And to the rest who love us all through each day, I wish you the same, because without your unending faith and support, we would just be so, so, so lost... I love you all and am beginning to rest easier, knowing at the end of each day, you are all a part of my life... Your kids have all become my kids, your grief has become a part of my own. Remember, every day is Mother's Day in their place called here, there and everywhere, always in the middle of their home called "Hope Lives Here"!! xoxomamabets

• Members

To All,i hope you all find some peace today,try to cherish your good times,and remember all your beautiful memories,i know how hard these special days are,it feels so strange,i almost forgot mothers day was even coming,to me it's better forgotten,everyone here will be in my thoughts today...T/C Kathy,Nate's mom 4 ever

• Members

To Deewithgreeneyes,i hope everything goes well for you in your new place,actually living in a trailer,on a campsite sounds pretty good to me right now.Reading your post you ,remind me of myself,i too lost my mom,in 2001,then my grandmother,passed two weeks before Nathan,it seems weird,i didn't even look at Mother Day cards this year,i fiqured,i would just start crying..I will pray for you,i hope everything goes ok,it must be hard going through all your mom's and michelle's things right now,say alot of serenity prayers,and you will find the strength you need...T/C Kathy,Nate's mom

• Members
deewithgreeneyes

Hi Kathy, thanks for your well wishes. I hope it goes alright too. Kind of scared but something I need to do. My mom passed away here at the house in July of 2005, then Michelle in January of 2006. I took care of my mom until she passed away here. Can't take the vivid memories ofmy mom in pain, michelle coming down every week-end to help and crying her eyes out every night before she went to sleep, she loved her grandma so. Can;t take the memories anymore, adding to my depression.

I don't know but I guess ging through thier things today bothered me more than I thought. I didn't have the "floor breakdown" but I am nervous, anxious and extrememly uptight tonight. It is now 2:45 in the morning and I still cannot settle down. I will probably end of taking some sleep medication i got as a prescription. Really feel like you, just want to forget about Mother's Day this year. Mike (my son) is moving all this weekend as well but I just knew I could not drive 3 hours up and 3 hours back plus be packing up this house. To much, way to much. To be quite honest I am going to drop the wreath off on the tree (I got one for all of us Mom's to hang on a tree where my mom and dad are)

then I want to sleep the day away. Wake up on Monday would be a nice thing. Kaili (my grand-daughter is gone with her dad this week-end) he went on a surfing trip for Mother's Day. So....what does a grandparent do...he's got Kaili and I don't want to make waves. My mind has been spinning on that one too. Michelle should be here with Kaili...damn it I am so mad about this. It just is not right, my daughter should be HERE for mother's Day with her little girl.

• Members
deewithgreeneyes

WELL ALL IT IS ME AGAIN...POSTING LIKE A CRAZY WOMAN...I HAVE STILL BEEN GOING THROUGH BOXES AND FOUND THE MOTHER'S DAY CARD MICHELLE GAVE ME LAST YEAR....

SHE WROTE:

DEAR MOM, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY. IT IS SO NICE TO BE ABLE TO SHARE THIS DAY TOGETHER WITH YOU AND GRANDMA. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO MANY MORE MOTHER'S DAY'S WITH YOU AND KAILI. I NEED YOU MOM AND SO DOES KAILI. YOU ARE A WONDERFUL DAUGHTER TO GRANDMA AND A WONDERFUL MOM TO ME. YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THERE FOR ME. I KNOW I CAN COUNT ON YOU FOR ANYTHING THAT COME'S UP IN MY LIFE AND I HOPE YOU KNOW YOU CAN ALWAYS COUNT ONE ME. I LOVE YOU, SHELLS.

THE DRIED FLOWERS SHE MADE FOR ME ARE STILL IN THE CARD.

I PUT THE CARD NEXT TO MY BED, I WILL TRY AND SLEEP NOW.

• Administrators

Beyond Indigo's Remember Pins & Bands

Since I founded Beyond Indigo in 1997, people from all over the world have visited this website in their time of need. Visitors to Beyond Indigo have requested a symbol to display to show that they are grieving. In the past, mourners used to wear a black arm band or wear black for a year to symbolize their loss. Today, times have changed but the intensity of grief remains the same, and people's need to have their grief acknowledged continues. In response to our clients' request, we are introducing the Beyond Indigo pin and bracelet to reflect a person's loss in a tasteful way. The money from the sale of these pins and bracelets will help fund the website so that Beyond Indigo can continue to provide grief support for people worldwide. To order this pin and braclet please visit http://www.redjetmedia.com/pins/special.htm

• Members

STUPID QUESTION OF THE DAY - I went to grocery store, woman at lunch meat counter says to several of us standing there Did you have a nice mother's day? When I didn't really answer or probably looked sad - she said No? I just said it was ok. I really didn't want to spoil everyone's day and say - no, our son lives 10 hrs away and our daughter is not living so the day really s**&c##ed. oh well. Peace to all. Lynda

• Members
deewithgreeneyes

Same thing happened to me...I did the exact same thing...I am glad tomorrow is gone for this year. I slept most of the day and watched "Last of the Mohicans" "Patch Adams" and "Dances With Wolves'.............

• Members
deewithgreeneyes

I AM OFF LINE NOW, WILL TRY AND KEEP CONTACT VIA LIBRARY COMPUTER. I LOVE YOU ALLAND WILL MISS YOU. GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU.

• Members

Kelly awesome I will be putting an order in. I have been looking around for that kind of braclet and can not find them anywhere. Great idea!

Hope everyone is okay after the hard weekend. I could barely function today and I am sick to my stomach I am just very stressed out. Saturday my dad ended up in the hospital with namonia,that night I drempt all night my youngest son and I were on a train and we kept loosing my other son we would find him and then loose him again. I would keep waking up in a huge sweat and panicing and then I would think where is Richard and then I would remember it was so awful it still is spooking me today. The following day my son tells me everything that has been bothering him for the las ten years. He has not said anything since the accident and it all has come out now. But I am glad for that just feel sorry for all his pain.

• Members
peacefulnow

I hope everyone survived mother’s day without too much pain.

I took myself off of the antidepressant I was on for several years, as Ian’s condition continued to deteriorate. I was put on an SSRI type drug. But recently I wanted to “feel” what was left of me without the help of the drugs. Well, I feel destroyed and broken. Overwhelming sadness and a pervasive sense of loss is what I have found within myself. Obviously, I’m in a very depressed state. Time to get back on the antidepressant; I can’t do this without the help of medication. It’s just too sad and too painful…too much.

Cindy

• Members

For Peacefulnow- I understand your wanting to not be on any medicines, it is such a common thing after something like this. However, speaking from personal experience, EVERY time I took myself off of anything, it was FAR worse than the "thought" that I could do this thing alone. My medicines are like my eyeglasses!!!! Would be "lost" without them, and in the event that you want to "chat" about my personal journey with meds, feel free to contact me at anytime!! huntross4@aol.com...

Drugs are drugs, my friend- Mind altering-!! Medicines are medicines- Heart, and soul balancing....xoxo I love you~ Betsy, mamabets!!!!

• Members

I understand how others feel about medication in these very trying times. I was on an SSRI for a few years before my son's death and stopped them just after we reached the 2 year mark, which is about 9 months ago. In the past two or three months I have felt a profound grief and sadness - I don't think I reallly felt this while on the medication. I don't want to mask this with medication. I think these emotions have to be dealt with on a moment by moment basis in my case. It may sound crazy, but I want to feel the pain of losing my son, I think I need to, but this is me. I have been able to function, so far. I have been able to set aside times for my grief. In other words, I have become a very good actress. Remember, Life is a Stage.

Isabelle,

Ray'sMom

• Members
enufalreddy

Hello all.........I haven't been here to the site in a few weeks.Probably why I don't feel right lately. So much going on here. New roof put on the house,passing the flu bug around and around...a lot of social commitments. Makes me tired just thinking about it all.I try to stay busy enough so that I don't melt down. ( Like that works.....ha ha ha )I have been avoiding anything that I think could possibly be painful.( Like that works either ) Tonight I attended a seminar on bereavement by a man named Doug Manning. I had hoped it would help but I found it rather useless.I did find out that there will be a new group of Compassionate Friends starting up next month about 20 minutes from here and I plan to try it.I've been sleeping way too much... another avoidance behavior...Am trying to snap out of it but I'm finding the second year just as difficult or even moreso than the first.Anyway...my thoughts are rambling.Good to be back.I pray to maintain my sanity.May you all do the same. Erma

• Members

For Enufalready- Going into the second year definately seemed harder for me. However, at about 14-18 months, I began to feel small, small sparks of "me" that felt like "me"-!! Almost like a steady flow of on and off reminders that I am still here, I am still alive, and in spite of this terrible thing that had happened to ALL of us, hope was definately beginning to become a part of what seemed like a heart that was so broken, no matter which way I turned, it was hurting more. I felt needed again- Then, just out of the blue, it started to lift and I remember thinking "I think that I am slowly starting to function normally, even though this void is at the center. A new normal" I spend alot of time, as you know, with Beyond Indigo and I do try to visit all forums- I start my days with you, and Jackie, Josh and Julia will be here for 24 hours over Memorial Day- My Mom comes on the 24th, and maybe, just maybe, I can stay well this visit- I was so sick after Jackie got married in the fall... I don't expect anything from these emotions when a crisis could be lurking- I stay in touch with my doctors- Same team for ten years. I cry daily over something, but I am experiencing a real sense of loss for everyone here and often mine seems to pale in comparrison, compared to our newcomers. Days now are pretty full of gratitude for the mere fact that I AM involved in this new life. I am amazed that I can even stand. Danny is a HUGE part of it all- Jackie trying to get past so much far away from me. We wouldn't be able to do this here, without him there, Jackie and I have agreed upon. I will be very anxious for Jackie, Josh, Julia, Bassett Bailey, and doxie Bennett to get settled in their new home- Mid November- She is a real homebody and this will be her first home that she feels "married and mommied" in....SOOOO much emotion available always, Erma- We do best just muddling our way through, never asking why, because that will beat our heads against each and every wall that we come in contact with. Busy calendars will cause stress for me- Always have, and I am accutely aware of the fact that something could always be lurking. Tomorrow they start to paint my DARK green kitchen a new bright white!! BRIGHT white tile on the countertops- In dire need of this, so I feel that it will really brighten the place up!! I am completely unorganized, but once the painting is done, I will tackle a space at a time...Touches of kids, family, dogs and new babies will be found everywhere....Just like now-Too much change is NOT good for me, so I will take my time and reflect, as so much has changed. Good, sad,more good, less sad... My missing Danny never changes... Dean is patient and stays busy at work- Enough rambling!! I have new Sarah pictures for you- I will get them out ASAP!! Check email!! I love you!! xoxomamabets

• Members

In case anyone is interested looks like www.achieveradio.com has some really good shows on the internet and most are live and interactive.

Isabelle,

Ray'sMom

• Members

Dear Rhonda,i wonder if your dream about you losing your son was because,maybe you did feel like you were losing him ,by him not talking and opening up about his feelings and pain of losing his brother.Then it is weird how he opened up to you the next day,these are different ways i believe our loved ones help us from the other side,these are signs that they are still here with us...T/C Kathy,Nate's mom 4 ever

• Members

About meds,right after Nathan passed away they wanted to put me on something for depression,but i didn't want to numb my feelings, i told my doctor if i still felt this way after a year then maybe i would try something,well it is now a year and4 months ,i don't think i really feel any better,but i am doing ok without them,but if i end up losing my husband[he is being treated for lung ca] that will be definently to much to handle,and i would have to go on something...

• Members
peacefulnow

I suppose we’ve all learned to be very good actors and actresses. I try hard to act “normal”, and think that I succeed most of the time, but isn’t it exhausting?!?!

The medication situation is a tricky one. Sometimes I feel like I’m weak for deciding to get back on them. But for the sake of my surviving children, I need to be more functional. I can’t let them see EVERYTHING that their brother’s death has done to me. Sure they know I’m hurting and sad and that I miss Ian beyond words. But, I don’t think they need to see me curled up in bed, not wanting to face the world, not wanting to go on. That’s not fair to them. I owe them more than that. If medication can help me to help them, then that’s what I’ll do. It’s right for me for right now.

I don’t think any of us are judgmental concerning other’s choices here. I feel everyone understands and respects that we each have unique circumstances that don’t have easy, one-way solutions. It’s all a tangled up mess that we are kind of blindly trying to make our way through. None of it’s easy, and I know enough to expect to stumble and fall many times along the way.

I hope with time, I will be able to feel as though I’m doing more than just existing. I’m hanging in there, but I want life to be more than that. It would be nice to be able to feel more joy. That is what I wish for all of you….joy.

Cindy

• Members

Hi. Kathy, How is your husband doing? My heart aches for all you have endured....

Juls Mom, I got a grin out of the grocery store story. Don't ya really just want to say 'my day su..... because.....-----, Just let it go! BUT, you are right, no need to make their day upsetting! Good for you, and the control. OR as Peaceful now says, exhausting "acting" normal!

Mamabets, how bright your kitchen will be! And, hope you do stay well for your visitors! :)

Take care everyone.....sharing, Linda

• Members

Hi, this is my first time to this site and it is comforting to connect with people who understand what you are going through.My prayers are with you all.

I lost my 26 year old son, Jason, in what we were told was an ATV accident, about 2 weeks ago. It is continuing to be a nightmare since the people involved keep lying and we have yet to get the truth about what happened. Also, while we were at the hospital finding out that my son was gone, people he thought were his friends went to his house and stole many items. The police will not do anything to help us so we are hiring a private investigator.

Karlee

• Members
maureensmom

Dear Karlee, welcome to BI. I'm so sorry to hear about Jason. Two weeks is such a painful time... I lost my 20yo daughter Maureen in December of 2005, and I remember two weeks vividly. I just felt like my whole life was wrecked and had ended, with this shadow of my real self just wandering through my days. This is such a supportive place; I think I would have gone crazy if I hadn't had these wonderful parents to talk to me and tell me I was going to live through my pain.

Georgia

• Members

For Karlee – I am so sorry for the loss of your dear son, Jason. I lost my daughter, Lori, 2 years ago in a car accident. I’m glad you found this wonderful site. There are a lot of caring people here who can relate to the pain that you are going through. Please feel welcome to read or post whenever you need to. You will be in my thoughts. Take care, Patty

• Members

Karlee,

So so sorry about your loss. I lost my son, Ray, on October 9, 2003.

Don't give up on your investigation. I was lied to also by many, including EMS and coroner. They will tell you anything to get out of doing the real work. Don't give up.

Elizabeth

Ray'sMom

• Members

Karlee, welcome to our site. It has been the source of hope for many of us. Our 27 y/o daughter died in a one car crash 10/13/03. May you find the answers you need.

Mazey2, it's not control, it's just people don't get it and I'm too tired to explain it.

Peace to all. Lynda

• Members

For Karlee,

I am so very sorry for your loss of Jason, your dear son.

The pain is so very raw and devastating in the early days

after your tragedy. I feel so badly for you. My son, Davey,

age 31, died 6/14/03. I have been here at BI for most of the

nearly 3 yrs since. I hope you will come and let everyone

know how you're doing, whenever you feel the need. Everyone

here knows the anguish and pain you are going through. Shame

on those so-called friends, who lied and stole from your son.

My prayers are for you and that you may somehow get some peace

and comfort.

Sherry--Davey's mom

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Karlee, I'm very sorry for your loss. I have come to believe that losing my daughter is the worst pain I could ever feel, perhaps only second to losing my wife, which will occur all too soon. For you, I am sorry for the way so many people have mistreated you and your son's beautiful memory, by taking his things in such a way. They shall receive their just due. Be kind to yourself during your time of grieving, a journey that can seem to go on for ages. May you find what you need for each day. Please feel welcome to write anytime.

• Members

Dear Karlee I am very sorry for the loss of your son Jason, and also about how your being treated on top of it. This is the most painful thing in the world to lose your child. I lost my son Richard last year in February to a trajic accident and ever since that day I have been lied to and people also kept some of his stuff they are very cruel and in human. It is very hard out here in the world because of peoples lack of understanding and cruelty. Here in Beyond Indigo we have all been there and understand the pain and it really helps to talk to others that can relate. Please know you will be in my thoughts.

Rhonda

• Members

to all, please keep my friend and her family in your prayers. Her 18 y/o granddaughter died of cancer overnight. Thank you. Peace Lynda

• Members

Dear Karlee,i just read your post here and on the other forum,i am so sorry for the loss of your son,i can relate to all the anger you feel,i too loss my son Nathan on his 21st birthday,he was found in a bank parking lot,we too just hired a lawyer to investigate because people kept changing there stories,and there are a lot of unanswered questoins. I pray you are able to get some of the answers you need,keep coming to BI,you will get support here,and there are a lot of others going through the same,differcult situations,this site has saved my life,it has been over a year now since my son has passed,and i can still remember so clearly the pain you must be feeling right now,i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers...T/C K athy,Nate's mom 4 ever

• Members

Dear Karlee,i just read your post here and on the other forum,i am so sorry for the loss of your son,i can relate to all the anger you feel,i too loss my son Nathan on his 21st birthday,he was found in a bank parking lot,we too just hired a lawyer to investigate because people kept changing there stories,and there are a lot of unanswered questoins. I pray you are able to get some of the answers you need,keep coming to BI,you will get support here,and there are a lot of others going through the same,differcult situations,this site has saved my life,it has been over a year now since my son has passed,and i can still remember so clearly the pain you must be feeling right now,i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers...T/C K athy,Nate's mom 4 ever

• Members

To all of you, Thank you so much for all of your wonderful words and concern. I am sorry for all of your losses. I am very sad today for many reasons and as I sit here crying, it helps to have the comfort of people who understand how I feel and who care.

• Administrators

Remember Pins -

Hi all I am trying to put up a picture of the pin here in the message boards so you all can see it. To order the pins go to http://beyondtalk.beyondindigo.com/discussion.php?forum=1&discussion=29 . They are a great way to show that we are still grieving and that we want to remember our childern.

Kelly

• Members

to all - ok, here it is over 2 yrs since Julie has been gone and really the first time I've talked to someone who doesn't know us or what we have gone through. She asked if I had grandchildren and I said no, son wasn't married. I never mentioned Julie. This is a person I will never see again. The occasion was a special church service at a church other than mine. I now have some mixed emotions - guilt together with that it is ok since I did not want to go into the whole thing with a total stranger. Any one else have thoughts, been there, done that? It has been rough this weekend. The death of a friend's granddaughter has brought up all the raw emotion again. Peace to all. Lynda