Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members
Tommy's mum

hey you all. Just came back briefly to let you know I have left this group. Not posted for ages because I was struggling with some stuff then got very sick with pneumonia and was in hospital for over 5 weeks and needed lung surgery. I care about everyone but feel that my time here has come to an end. The care and support I received here was so helpful having others who actually know what it feels like to lose a child and all the stuff that goes with that tragedy. The site has changed a lot and other members have left too.  I have found myself absorbing other newer members pain and reading all the stories  gets me depressed, and then I sink down again. It is like a roller coaster and i feel burned out a bit. So now I shall move forwards in my own way trying new things and hoping to be able to alter my life for the better. I need positivity and peace in my life to be able to move on from Tommy's death in 2015. I wish you all the very best and am proud to see how some of you have stepped up and filled the shoes of former members to look after each other. This caring community is so valuable a resource treat it kindly and know in helping others you help heal yourself. i did not want to just vanish without an explanation and I am ok truly I just need to make changes. Thanks for being there for me and i wish each one of you peace and healing.

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
peggy a sad mom

lesley i wish you all the luck in the world. come back any time. i'm not ready to leave yet but maybe i will some day. again good luck

peggy

• Members
Mason’s Mom
22 hours ago, MargeeTx said:

Thought I was through for tonight, then started  reading info on the first pages, and it sounds like we might be able to come up with some ‘chat stuff’.

i am miserable and have been so now for over a year. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

the other day, I had dr’s appt....so I showered ‘, shaved the 3 inch hair off the legs,put on a little makeup ,dried and actually styled my hair.... put some real clothes on ( not sweats or jeans), added earings,bracelet and watch...sprayed a little #5 and walked in the family room where he was looking at WW2 bomb sites on google earth.  He STOPPED and said.... you look great... guess one has to be a doctor.

i knew then that I have really short-changed him for the last 13 months. Yes, my heart is broken and messed up,but so is my female brain.Prior to the first heath issue in October ,2016.....I transformed myself EVERDAY .I wouldn’t go the grocery store without being ‘fixed’ up.

i feel as if my self care or self esteem died when Jason did. I don’t have any pride.i don’t care anymore.  There has to be some of my old self in there somewhere if I will make the effort for a dr appt.

And,we won’t even go to housework’cooking, or giving a good damn about anything else I haven’t hit a golf ball in 2 years,   

Hell, I didn’t even put up a Christmas tree.   I didn’t buy or wrap a single gift....just gave cash.  

I feel like a 67 year old dying tree.  Can we help each other?  This not a shout out for help..... it is a scream.

Xxoomargarett

I know what you mean I have only had my hair trimmed once since Mason passed. I wore a pixie cut for years and went for a cut every 4 or 5 weeks.  My hair is so long and I really don't know what to  do with it.  I don't cook like I did, my house is certainly not a clean as it used to be, I decided it was better to spend my time with the girls and husband than to have a perfect home. Hope you health improves and you can get out and garden that helps the soul. 

• Members

Leslie:    I understand about your decisions, but please know that your support and responses to my needs since jason died  1/23/18....you kept me on this earth....alive.  You could and should write a book.

i will NEVER forget you......NEVER.

i am sending you love and kindness.

margarett

• Members
On 4/3/2019 at 10:38 PM, MiasMommyForever said:

Susan, 

I know your sadness. May 25th will mark 2 years of my girl being gone.. and I still cry so much. To be honest, bad days go and come more often, but not really.. if that makes any sense. I almost always cry on cold mornings, rainy days, or car rides by myself that last more than 5 mins. Im really good at 5 minute cries in the shower, no one even notices I've been crying anymore. I cry everytime I have to put gas in my car early in the morning because it reminds me of fueling up for chemo. There's also days when I think about it and realize I didnt cry for one or two days in a row,  and I'm shocked. Just know when you're sad, I'm sad with you. My husband wasn't vocal at all in the beginning about his grief or how he felt, but I get a little here and there more so now. Grieve however is best for you. Your life has changed and you're entitled to however you feel even if those feelings change every 5 minutes. We are ALL here for you and any thoughts u want to express. Believe me, we know how you feel if no one else does. 

I read often, think of all of you, and pray for everyone.. for the adoption to go how its meant to go to bring you peace, for the upcoming surgery and for your strength,  for everyone. Sending my love always.

It is a little surreal to read everyone's comments and it feels like I am reading about myself.  I feel so alone and that no one can imagine this feeling, but sadly you all know EXACTLY how I am feeling.  I suppose that is a weird type of comfort, though sadness lies within that comfort knowing you have all lost the most precious gift that life can offer.  My husband, myself and daughter are taking a four day holiday at the end of June.  I think it will be nice to get away as a family for a few days but I know it will also be very sad.

Margee; I found your post interesting.  I too have lost my self-care motivation.    I have gained 10 lbs in the last five months since I lost my daughter (My counselor told me I would be sure to either gain or lose weight, unfortunately I gained!!).  I also have not been to have a hair cut since she died.  I don't know if I can bring myself to sit in that chair and make small talk, and when she asks about my daughters I wouldn't know what to say!    

Thank you all for your kind words of understanding.

• Members
My girl is in heaven

Peggy, Margee, Virginia, and so many more, I’m sorry I haven’t posted in awhile. Am going thru a divorce and starting a new life.  It has been tough but am getting there.  I’ll try to keep popping back on.  I think about you all often and I will always be here to support you in any way I can.  My email is luannej@rogers.com if anyone ones to chat.  I have not forgotten any of you and will always be a shoulder for you.  Feel free to email me and I will try to get back on more.  Take care.  This is a tough journey, but you can go on to find hope and happiness again.  Luanne (lu): Kira’s mama

• Members

Alrighty then— had to be at hospital at 8am ( ask anyone who lives in the DFW area) and they will confirm that traffic for this appt could be 20 minutes or 3 hours-  got lucky and thanks to our new tolled lanes we made it in 30 minutes.  They did all kinds of pre- op stuff.  Have to be there at 5am tomorrow.  I politely asked the nurse would the 2 surgeons actually start my surgery before lunch time?  She laughed and said hopefully.  

For some strange reason I am nervous ......like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.  Just having to lie on 3 different tables for scans and whatnots’ and my back was killing me.  Y’all that know me know that after my last 4 heart ablations and the required lying on back post op I ended up then having to have 5 procedures on my back.  And this ablation tomorrow is estimated to last 8-10hours and 8-10 hours lying on my back in recovery.

i am so sick of not being able to get off my pity pot.

• Members
Cheryl, Tony's Mom

Hello everyone,

I don't visit the site that often anymore.  Somedays the sadness is too much!  I hate they messed with the one place I got so much therapy. Even though I didn't post much, I visited often just to feel close to other people feeling the same way I feel.  

We have some very excellent therapist on this site, wish one of you would start your own. We so still need to hear from you, Dee, Tears In Heaven, Kira's mom, Dave's mom just to name a few.

Love and think you all, all the time.  Keep your head up, open your heart to the "Collateral Beauty"......whatever that means!!!

Cheryl,

Tony's mom

• Members

I too miss the site the way it used to be!!! It seemed a lot more simplified in a way.

Skylars Birthday/Deathday is approaching April 18... and I think it is the lead time up to it that makes it so hard. Our daughter in university is having a tough time as it was sibling day the other day and she of course has lost her only sibling. They were very close and she saw her brother die as well. This site is very healing as we talk about our children and it’s important .... we must never stop! Xoxoxo

Kristen

• Members
Mason’s Mom

Margareta, hope all is well with you. Kristen,  as the 18th approaches I can't imagine your pain, birthday's and death dates are both so hard, so for you it must be excruciating. I wish I had some words to comfort,  just know we all know the pain of the loss of a child.  My girls didn't acknowledge sibling day either.

I am struggling, we will be choosing the first recipient of the scholarship in Mason’s honor, Maddie brought home her cap and gown- graduation is getting closer and Morgan is going shopping for her wedding dress. Each life event without Mason hurts so much. 

Carol

• Members
My girl is in heaven

Kristen..glad to hear from you.  Have you retired or quit your Pilates.  I could never get my concentration or focus back again to work and ended up losing my job and forced into early retirement. I was upset at the time but do not miss it. I have separated from my husband, two ways of grieving, that could not be met together.  As you know, your entire life takes a hit with grief, but slowly, piece by piece we learn to breath again. Glad your daughter is still liking university.  My son lives there, beautiful city.  Yes, this site unfortunately no longer is a soft place to fall and commiserate with other parents. I have had a crazy last year but as things are settling down will try to get back on here more.  Skylar and Kira both big basketball stars.  I know they are playing in heaven.  I feel your pain as your date approaches.  Kira’s is June and I’m already getting those twinges.  My email is luannej@rogers.com if you want to chat there too.  I don’t want to lose touch, we share so much of the same story.

Lu,  Kira’s mama

• Members
My girl is in heaven

Mason’s Mom.  The first award in Masons name will be difficult, but thru the tears I hope you have a little bit of a smile cause you are honouring your boy and he is so proud of his mama.  As life events unfold with the rest of your family it will be another reminder that Mason is missing, but also that life will go on, but you will see your son again. Time in heaven is not measured in days, months, years like it is here on earth.  

No matter how dark the night, the sun will rise.

Lu....Kira’s mama

• Like 1

• Members
My girl is in heaven

Virginia.  How r u liking Florida.  I hope the move and change in job has at least brought you the comfort of not having those physical reminders in front of you all the time.  How is Kyle doing. I’m sure still missing his sister but hope new friends and a fresh start are good for him as well.  Hold on to those little crumbs and slivers, like that frog jumping in your face. Your girl is there with you!!!!

Lu, ....Kiras mama

• Members
My girl is in heaven

Peggy and Margee,  how r things going for you two.  U have crossed the one year mark, take pride in how far you have come and faith in how far you will go.  That’s an incredibly heavy burden we all bear.  Let us know where things are at for you both. 

Devianez...you still out there.  I’m sure you must have finally got a trial.  How r things.

missing my little man,  u still reading.

and so many others...the site is not what it used to be,, but come and let’s hold hands together.  We share a sadness that only others in our shoes can understand,

Lu....Kira’s mama

• Members
My girl is in heaven

Cherry, Tony’s mom.  So nice of you for your kind words.n I’m not a professional of any sorts.  Just am and always will be a grieving mom.  A bond that we all share.  Feel free to email if you want and I’m gonna no to be posting on here still, just getting back up to speed.  luannej@rogers.com

Lu...Kira’s mama

• Members

Hello everybody: got home yesterday from my heart ablation surgery.  Recovery time was AWFUL...as I anticipated and told the doctor and the anesthesiololgist my main problem would be my back after lying flat and unable to change positions for 12 hours.  Either the doctor or someone decided that I was simply ‘ medication seeking’ they did not treat the back pain during my recovery period and I literally cried for 12. Hours.  One nurse actually told me to’shut up being a baby.’ I worked in hospice for 10 years and I KNOW that pain can be controlled.  At least that surgery is over.  I am praying that it worked and that my A-FIB will be controlled without having to use the cardiac drugs that do not work on me.  Let me be where I can walk without so much dizziness....I am not expecting to be the work horse that I have been until 2 years ago. But so far my back has been ok since I got home.  This is MAJOR.....LAST year it took 5 procedures to get just my back better.

i have still been fizzy from all the drugs and the multiple electric rate conversions.  I plan to watch the MASTERS tomorrow and catch up on all of you here.

thinking of all you. my Jason and sending warm thoughts to each of you.

• Members

Still teaching.... but I do have good days and very very off days! I have learned not to be so hard on myself and know that what I am experiencing is not normal so what I am going through will never be normal. As the third year approaches it is not better .... I feel exactly the same as the first year... for me time has not eased the grief and pain. I do take it day by day....sometimes hour by hour. Summer has to write a final on skylars Memorial Day which is hard on her... I have no words for her as I don’t want to upset her more. I have done up something to put in the local paper

31106D2B-EAC7-4138-BD83-E813E1850A48.thumb.jpeg.d7f337e0336b3eb63ff67f5ac1ff2b6b.jpeg

• Like 1

• Members
peggy a sad mom

hey lu it is still tough. on the one year mark i went to a hotel by myself and just relaxed. while my family were all welcomed to text me cause i couldn't get reception if i was able to talk to them my day might have been a lot worse. i have 6 brothers and sisters lot's of nieces and nephews who all text me. i still cry every day i'm sure i don't have to explain that to anyone. and yes it does and can come out of no where. my worse part is picturing him laying in his when i found him. i went to turn on his light and the bulb blew. but i still keep seeing that day over and over. it doesn't matter where we are or what we are doing it just happens  well i do miss everyone on here i guess they will come back in the summer

peggy

• Members
Mason’s Mom

Kristen,  I like what you prepared for the newspaper. The last thing we want is for others to forget. As the 18th approaches I pray for peace. Time, that is what everyone tells us heals. To me it just makes it easier to hide the pain.  I broke down on Saturday and sobbed in front my daughter. It just hits so hard. 

• Members

I know... my daughter still won’t talk about Skylar ... I think it’s still too painful but that makes it really hard because I don’t want his name being taboo. So tough!

• Members

So we have completed 2 of the 9 classes for adoption.  It is so sad to hear of all the trauma that people will inflict on each other.  Although it did help me to understand why I made the choices I did, it also made me worry about all the things I did wrong with Nique.  I know I am going to mess Kyle up even though I try not to.  This is a depressing world.

• Members

❤️

• Members

The thing is when you love care and nurture a human being ... then they are gone ...that lI’ve doesn’t leave for that child!!! It has no where to go but it still grows because it’s human nature as a mother. Skylar... wherever you are... I am still loving you.... I am still your mom ❤️

• Members
My girl is in heaven

He knows, Kristen, he knows.  Holding your hands today dear friend.   Lu..Kira’s mama.

YOU DON’T “GET OVER”  LOSING A CHILD, 

YOU JUST GET TO A POINT WHERE YOUR HEAD AND YOUR HEART COME TO AN UNDERSTANDING OF HOW MUCH PAIN AND SADNESS YOU CAN LIVE WITH.  

LU. KIRAS MAMA

• Members

Hello everyone, and I hope all are having a blessed Easter weekend.  I am still too weak from my surgery to really do much of anything.   But the GOOD news, so far I have had only one minor “A-FIB “ episode” since my surgery on the 9th.  I pulled a box out of the top of my closet, looking for something I want to send Meredith....and there in a small plastic bag was their (Jason&Meredith) very first Easter outfits and baskets. I cried for 3 solid hours, which then gave me the headache from hell.  I am 15 months through this journey and I swear, it feels like he died today.  I remember all the annual shopping trips for new outfits, shoes.  

What have they done to this site?...it seems totally different and complicated.  Especially when one is a dummie tech like me.

If anyone has user suggestions, please help me.

• Members
Mason’s Mom

Exactly we are still their Mom or Dad, the love doesn't stop if anything it intensifies.  My thoughts are on Mason so much.. I work for FedEx and I never realized how many streets and cities have the name Mason.  I saw a signature this week of M Mason. I train groups of employees and it is so hard to see his name while I am in front of everyone.  Sometimes I just stop and tell everyone "if I appear to be struggling,  it is because I am,. I miss my son more than words can explain " everyone has always been so understanding. I think I  feel the need to care for  his grave because I feel I am still taking care of him.  We had a bench made with a plaque in his memory that will be placed at his high school on May.

• Members
peggy a sad mom

somersky i am so sorry i missed your day. i know the pain. it's hard to believe we all survive i just don't understand how

• Members
Ashleys Mom
somersky i am so sorry i missed your day. i know the pain. it's hard to believe we all survive i just don't understand how

So true it’s been so hard for me last few weeks I’m sorry for every one of our grief and pains I don’t know how we go on I guess where just here at least I speak that for myself because I’m not the same

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

• Members

Ashley's mom,  I know I will never be the same,  but I do have moments where the old me might creep out for a bit.  I used to decorate for every holiday,  now I don't care at all,  but I did decorate a little for Easter since my 5 year old saw the box of decorations.  He was so happy.  

The "new" me sucks, and I am trying to crawl my way back but I don't think I will ever really make it.  

• Members

I don’t know if I’m the only one that feels like this but do any of you find that friends kind of keep their distance? The ones that were there initially don’t seem to be around. Even my siblings. One sister didn’t even acknowledge Skylar on the 18th. If feel so guilty... we were supposed to go on a beautiful hike Dave planned the day after in whistler and I couldn’t... I just wanted to go home. He looked so sad and I felt so bad ... 

I’m trying so hard ... but sometimes I feel like I’m  a shell of a being that’s lost a huge part of myself and I’m trying to be someone for others just to maintain my own sanity.

this is one place others understand 

• Members
Ashleys Mom

So true it’s been so hard for me last few weeks I’m sorry for every one of our grief and pains I don’t know how we go on I guess where just here at least I speak that for myself because I’m not the same

• Members
Ashleys Mom
I don’t know if I’m the only one that feels like this but do any of you find that friends kind of keep their distance? The ones that were there initially don’t seem to be around. Even my siblings. One sister didn’t even acknowledge Skylar on the 18th. If feel so guilty... we were supposed to go on a beautiful hike Dave planned the day after in whistler and I couldn’t... I just wanted to go home. He looked so sad and I felt so bad ... 
I’m trying so hard ... but sometimes I feel like I’m  a shell of a being that’s lost a huge part of myself and I’m trying to be someone for others just to maintain my own sanity.
this is one place others understand 

I’m so sorry and yes my lil brother we used to talk everyday now he hardly speaks to me he said I don’t know what to say to you.People say I’m going to come sit with you they don’t even my own mother.

• Members
Mason’s Mom

Most people have no idea the pain of such loss, they don't want to see the pain or watch us cry it makes them uncomfortable. So they become distant.I feel like a fake all the time,  I go through the motions and try to act like my heart isn't shattered. We have lost apart of ourselves,  we are no longer whole. Hearing others express the things I feel helps me to see I am not alone. 

• Members

Yes and that is why it is good to stay connected. I don’t have a grief support group here where I live... they did have one in a funeral facility but certainly I don’t want to go there for a meet up?

that grief comes in waves... strong waves! Remembering skylars face in my hands as I was performing cpr on him ... looking into his eyes knowing I lost my baby.... will forever haunt me. I always try to think of how beautiful he is because to me he still is and not was

• Members
My girl is in heaven

I don’t have any family or friends left from when Kira died, almost 8 years ago.  None of them acknowledged her birthday or angel date and I think it’s just more comfortable and easier for them to not think about it or you.  They want the old you back and as we know that’s not gonna happen.  Your friends will be the ones who even if they don’t know what to say or do, they will still stay by you, even if it’s just to sit and listen or hold your hand.  We are a reminder to other folks that this could happen to them and they treat us like we have a contagious disease.  Family and friends become strangers but take heart because strangers will become your family and friends.  This is a hard journey to walk, but you never have to do it alone.

Lu....Kira’s mama

• Members
Mason’s Mom
On 4/28/2019 at 2:14 PM, Somersky said:

Yes and that is why it is good to stay connected. I don’t have a grief support group here where I live... they did have one in a funeral facility but certainly I don’t want to go there for a meet up?

that grief comes in waves... strong waves! Remembering skylars face in my hands as I was performing cpr on him ... looking into his eyes knowing I lost my baby.... will forever haunt me. I always try to think of how beautiful he is because to me he still is and not was

Seeing Mason in that ambuLance haunts me. I try to stop that horrible memory but it continues to come to me. I try to remember Mason's smile and his kindness.  I feel like I fall so short of who he was. So much of the days following his death are such a blur,  I think it is a way of coping, I don't know if I could handle all the memories. 

• Members
peggy a sad mom

i remember that day also over and over. i knew the second i went to shack his leg to get up that he had been gone a while. they were telling me on the phone how to do cpr i kept screaming it's too late it's too late and they were telling me to do it anyway. i should have waited to call 911 at least for a few minutes. i should have just spent a few minutes with him alone. i regret that. i knew they couldn't do anything. then i had to beg the coroner to let me just see him one more time before they left. he let me but he seemed annoyed oh well

it is in my head all the time. miss him so much

peggy'

• Members
Mason’s Mom

I had a panic attack today. I work 30 minutes from the school my daughter attends and the place my husband is employed. My oldest daughter works with me. I got a notification on my phone of a tornado warning and that tornado had touched down and was headed in the direction of the school. We had to take shelter and I didn't have cell service.  In a crowded hallway in the basement I went into full blown panic. I was so afraid of losing my baby, husband,  mom and others I struggled to breathe.  My chest still feels tight. My daughter was there and helped me. The school did get hit, some roofs blown off and other damages, all the kids were safe as well as my husband and other family members.  There was a lot of damage in our area and several people lost their homes this afternoon. I cried on my way home just seeing the damage and loss. Just so thankful no lives were lost.

• Members
daveydow1

Hello  to  all Indigos.....

Margee---I hope that you are coming along in your recuperation.  All your grief,...

and the health issues on top of it.  So difficult, I know.  Please just take care of

yourself, and get stronger each day.  Wishing you well,.....and peace.

Masonsmom,....How awful that you and your area had to go through the tornado. Easy to

see that you would have such fear and panic in your heart and whole body.  After we 

experience tragedies of losing our children, it causes us to be sensitized and always 

fearful and nervous that something else  tragic is impending.  So glad that you and

your family, as well as all the school kids are safe.  Take care, friend.

Somersky--------I, so, get why you wouldn't want to attend a grief support meeting

held at a funeral home.  When David died, there was a small grief group started at a church

in the town I lived in.  My daughter coaxed me into going.  We went once. While the

minister leading the group was compassionate and understanding, neither my

daughter or I said a word....we just couldn't talk....too soon after David's death.  One

man who attended had lost his mother, and he talked & cried so much. Our hearts

went out to him. We knew that he was overburdened with grief,  though it had been

several years since his mother's death.  I think one has to be 'ready' to share their grief

in that type of setting before joining one. 

Peggy-----Yes, sometimes we have the panic attacks when "re-living" our tragedies.

The flashbacks can be so distressing, and cause us to take a step (or more) back.

Hard to know how we can keep on going, but we do, somehow.  Peace to you.

LouAnn----I am the same.....no one...(including family) remembers Davey's birthday

or angel day....much less Lisa's.  I agree with you that it is just easier for them to put it

out of mind, I guess.  By this time, after my two darlings left this world,  for people

I know......my angels have just faded off into the past.  For me...it's the way it is.

WISHING   PEACE   AND COMFORT TO  ALL  INDIGOS. 

Davey&Lisamom,   sherry

• Members
Mason’s Mom

Sherry I am so so sorry that no one mentions their birthday or angel days. That is one of my biggest fears for everyone to forget Mason. I guess this why we all visit this site,  others understand and know the importance of children here with us or the ones that left far to soon. Peace to you.

• Members

I think we remember our angels every day ... it’s true. I watched a great show on crave tv called “life afterlife” it was a great program! 

Happy belated birthday davey...

All our angels are with us ... every minute of every day 

• Members
daveydow1

Masonsmom, and Somersky........Thank you...Yes,  we do think of our darlings everyday, and especially on

their Angel Days, and birthdays.   They will never be forgotten by us,....because we Remember Them.   Peace to all.

No stain was her little heart,

Sin had not entered there.

And innocence slept sweetly

On that pale white brow so fair.

She was too good for this cold earth,

Too beautiful to stay,

And so God's holy angel,

Took our darling one away.

May 5 .............Today's her birthday

WISHING  PEACE   AND COMFORT TO ALL INDIGOS.

Davey&Lisasmom,    sherry

Too beautiful to stay,

And so God's holy angel

In memory of Lisa Kaye......Today's her birthday.

• Members
peggy a sad mom

sherry happy birthday to lisa. i found that if i call a friend or relative myself and just talk about other things they do call back. but they think if they call us on our special days it would remind us. they don't know we do not need any reminders WE KNOW

thanks

peggy

• Members
Mason’s Mom
On 5/5/2019 at 7:24 PM, daveydow1 said:

Masonsmom, and Somersky........Thank you...Yes,  we do think of our darlings everyday, and especially on

their Angel Days, and birthdays.   They will never be forgotten by us,....because we Remember Them.   Peace to all.

No stain was her little heart,

Sin had not entered there.

And innocence slept sweetly

On that pale white brow so fair.

Too beautiful to stay,

And so God's holy angel,

May 5 .............Today's her birthday

WISHING  PEACE   AND COMFORT TO ALL INDIGOS.

Too beautiful to stay,

And so God's holy angel

In memory of Lisa Kaye......Today's her birthday.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, happy birthday to your Lisa Kaye. Hope the day went well and the memories as special as she was to you.

• Members
Mason’s Mom

Today was my babies last day of high school. Bittersweet for sure. On the 18th she will graduate and we will present the first scholarship in Mason’s honor.   It is going to be  a very emotional day.  I want nothing morethan to honor him.but I don't want to take from Maddie, she is graduating with honors. I could sure use prayer to be strong for both of them. 

Thanks, 

Carol 

• Members
daveydow1

HELLO   TO  ALL    INDIGOS.

OOPS....sorry for the double post earlier.:blush:

Masonsmom,-----thanks for your kind words. Yes, I can see how Maddie's graduation will

be a bittersweet time.  Such a nice way to honor your dear son, Mason, with the first 

scholarship in his memory.  I imagine there will be tears........tears of joy, for Maddie,  and

the emotional sadness of missing your son.   I am very used to the fact that no one I 

know remembers Lisa or Davey's Angel Days.  I have just feel resigned that this is the

way it is for me......and for lots of others who lost children, ..... people just forget.  Of

course, this is not always the case, for sure.  But for me......it is my reality that no one

remembers them.

Peggy-----Somersky------I agree....All our Angels are with us every minute of every day. We don't

need any "reminders".......they are in our hearts and souls forevermore.

Niquesmom-------How is the adoption process coming along?   Wishing you every success with it.

WISHING    PEACE   AND  TRANQUILITY  TO  ALL  INDIGOS.

• Members
NiquesMom

Hello Sherry,

The process is moving. We have completed 2/3 of the class. I am still not sure this is the right thing at this moment, but I am trying. Niques birthday is the end of this month (she would have been 20 :(  ), and I just dont feel like doing anything right now. BUT, it is also my husband and sons birthdays this month so I have to put on a happy face and try. I just miss her so much and dont want to imagine having to continue doing this for years. It is depressing so I try to just think about this month, or maybe the rest of this year. When i start to think about 10 years from now (Kyle will be learning to drive at that point!) I just want to curl up in  a ball and never come out.

• Members

I hope that tomorrow we can all find a bit of peace.  I personally want to hide under the blanket in bed,  but still I will be up.  My husband is grilling,  Kyle made me a gift at school,  just going to try and stay at home and be calm. 

• Members
Mason’s Mom

Dreading mothers day is something I never imagined and I wish I could skip it.  So much happening tomorrow,  church is presenting Maddie with a bible,  she has Baccalaureate.  I cried so much last night,  I am exhausted and not sure how I am going to stay strong through all this.