Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

What positive can you list today?

KayC

• Moderators

Unfortunately the yellow jackets are out too. Even the birds don't want their food.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KayC

• widower2

• RichS

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

We have been swarmed with cicadas for the past month. If you live in an area with lots of trees, it sounds like someone is running a motor non-stop.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Members
Adriennelc

We had wonderful display here in the north of Scotland and I missed them!!!  '

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
Gail 8588

Well, my positive for today is that I have electricity  and have been freezing blocks of ice, so I am prepared.

I cleaned out the fridge after my 60 hours of no power over the weekend and I have replenished some perishables, but in small quantities.  

The concern is that we are back in rain and under a tornado watch again.  Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Hugs 3

• Members
Roxeanne
11 hours ago, KayC said:

I had a cougar in the neighborhood 

OMG Kay i love big cats but i wouldn't be comfortable with a free wild guy around...he can attack Panther ?

Please be careful!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Cougars can attack anyone, this one is big. They botched it and should have called the expert imo. 

Contractor came by today, wants to save the carport but I don't have thousands laying around. He is supposed to get a bid which I asked for weeks ago. And it would require more from me. I don't have the strength, still healing from what I did before.

• Hugs 4

• Moderators

I am so happy for you! ❤️ 

• Like 3

• Moderators

Gail, so good to hear!

• Like 3

• Members
Boggled

Yesterday I shot the nerf gun a bunch of times, at some boxes.  I need a big target!  ... so the nerf "bullets" don't overshoot (hard to find) ... then I got out the yoyo and yeah, I can still do it.   :)  Also went out on the back deck and shot my battery-operated squirt gun at various targets;  it's supposed to be able to shoot 39 feet ... farther than the average squirt gun!!!  😁    Read a bit about "disassociation" and don't think I'm quite at that yet!  but playing with toys seems to be re-engaging with the world in a positive way, for me.  

The grass here is getting long (and there's a LOT of grass!) BUT it keeps raining, so I don't HAVE TO mow yet, according to my "good self" who pushes me into "just do it!"  

AND I ordered a toy battery-operated car, and my tongue drum should be coming in soon!   ... just playing around ... looking forward to something!   

I've got three 275 gallon water tanks on the side of the house with a tarp that has mostly disintegrated over them.  Playing around seems to have engaged me in figuring out preventive measures ... there are some paints you can use on plastic that are UV-protective ... thinking about this stuff;  

Amazon.com: GEAR AID UV Protectant and Conditioner Spray, Apply to Outdoor Gear Made of Plastic, Vinyl, Neoprene such as Tents, Boat Covers, Kayaks and More to Prevent Cracking, Discoloration and Fading, 16.9 oz : Everything Else

or, I THINK we still have some leftover pieces of metal roofing stashed away;  I could get our carpenter to build a frame to shade the water tanks ... but expensive!  but, all this THINKING and SEARCHING is sort of positive, I think.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Our new pastor is moving in today, want to help, waiting for them to let us know when.  It's 5:40 am so it'll be a while!

32 here, cold in the house, they predicted 40 last night so didn't have the heater plugged in.  Wish I'd known it'd get this cold!

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

A friend of mine is on Eloquis, he gets it through the VA but it took over a month to get approved, a neighbor gave him some and it tided him over.  His is for a heart condition, very spendy Rx!  So glad you could get something done right away!  Yay!  Pays to check around!

Another positive today: I got some new yellowjacket nests down from my patio, didn't get stung, that's a good thing!  They have other areas they can be!

Also, house is up to 70 now!  It was 62 when I woke up, way too cold for me, I prefer 75!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

That's 75 F for those in the US!  I'm envious, that sounds perfect!

• Like 3

• Members
Adriennelc
2 minutes ago, KayC said:

That's 75 F for those in the US!  I'm envious, that sounds perfect!

I was going to convert it for the USA but alas forgot!! 😂

• Hugs 3

• Moderators

Found out what happened to the horse I feed every day, she hasn't been there for a few days and I was worried someone bought her, no, they loaned her to a neighbor with lots of grass and no horse!  I'm sure she misses her people but eating to her heart's content!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2