Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Wordle!

widower2

• Members
Gail 8588

After my big streak of 365 I took a wordle break, doing it occassionally, skipping often.  I have now fallen back in the habit of doing it daily. 

• Like 1

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• widower2

• Gail 8588

• MomsLovingSon

• SSC

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
10 hours ago, widower2 said:

Yeah ouch! I keep track of my progress myself, I ignore the stats on Wordle since there are days I might miss etc. 

I inadvertently missed a couple of days playing it so far this year which took me back to "0" days but was always relieved that the statistics weren't affected. This latest cookie cleaning wiped all of that away. There's likely some way of protecting it from happening again....something that would likely take me an afternoon to figure out!

• Hugs 1

• Members
foreverhis

Funny story. Apparently, there was some issue with the NYT (writer’s strike maybe?) and subscribers were asked to boycott. Well, most were fine getting their news elsewhere, but wouldn’t boycott entirely because—not kidding—they didn’t want to break their Wordle streak. (I think this happened last year. It was a panel question on “Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me.”)

• Haha 2

• Moderators
widower2
4 hours ago, foreverhis said:

It was a panel question on “Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me.”

I've never seen that but want to. I like Paula Poundstone. 

• Like 1

• Members
foreverhis
43 minutes ago, widower2 said:

I've never seen that but want to. I like Paula Poundstone. 

It's a fantastic show.  The hosts and panelists are all wonderful.  You can get it as a podcast, which is what I do, or listen to it broadcast on local radio.  I don't listen all the time, mostly when I'm driving into town or something like that.  This means that I am about a year behind, but at least I can answer all the news questions.😁

• Hugs 1

• Moderators
widower2

I'll have to hunt for it on radio...I can't podcast as streaming takes up too much bandwidth :(  

• Like 1