Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Wordle!

widower2

• Members

I agree the word is not used in the US.  I only got it because I had all 5 letters with the vowels in the correct spots.  The consonants had only one logical placement, but I didn't think it was a proper word either.  

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• widower2

• Gail 8588

• MomsLovingSon

• SSC

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My last five games (including today) have been pretty solid: 2, 2, 4, 5, 3 were my scores (average of 3.2). Never had I ever had two days in a row where I got it in 2 tries. My streak's up to 67 games now and I've gotten my average down to 4.01.

Today's word was a fun one, but the words lately have definitely been a bit funky.

• Like 3

• Members
MomsLovingSon

Once again it's two days in a row where I've gotten the word in 2 tries. Yesterday I had the last two letters correct on my first try and today I had the first two letters correct after my first try.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Mom'sLovingSon, 

Great! 

It may be a small thing, but feeling good about something, even for a little while, is a step in the right direction. 

I enjoy wordle.  It generally brings a smile to my face each day.

Gail

• Like 3

• Moderators

Me too.

Except when I miss. :mad: But you wouldn't know about that B)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Members
MomsLovingSon
1 hour ago, widower2 said:

Me too.

If it helps, today's Wordle was frustrating for me and it took me 5 attempts. I discovered 1 green letter on my first word and each subsequent word chosen revealed one more green one lmao. On my 4th word I could've won right there but I picked the wrong first letter on what was basically a 50/50 chance based on my options.

• Like 2

• Members

I got yesterday's word in 4 attempts however, I busted the day before that which made me :( ...well actually it made me :mad: That was the second time I busted in the past couple of weeks after a winning streak of many months. I've been over-guessing and analyzing some of the words that the minds at Wordle are coming up with....so instead of guessing "sting" on the sixth try from two days ago, I decided on "stint" because of their wicked enjoyment of doubling up the letters. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

DWS,

I guessed STINT on my 5th guess that day for the same reason. 

I did essentially the same thing today on my 5th guess.  

Luckily I solved in 6 on both days, barely keeping my streak going. 

Gail

• Like 2

• Members
On 10/4/2022 at 9:15 PM, widower2 said:

Me too.

It has been awhile for me. Current streak 175. ^_^

• Like 1

• Members
MomsLovingSon

I just had my 83 game streak get snapped. After 3 guesses I had green for all but the first letter. I'm a victim of there being way too many letters to pick that make a word on this one lmao.

• Members

MomsLovingSon, 

Oh man, that's frustrating. It was a great run though, longer than my first 2 streaks.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 10/15/2022 at 12:19 AM, MomsLovingSon said:

I just had my 83 game streak get snapped. After 3 guesses I had green for all but the first letter. I'm a victim of there being way too many letters to pick that make a word on this one lmao.

aka one of those "word lottery" words. I hate those!

• Like 1

• Members
MomsLovingSon
7 hours ago, widower2 said:

aka one of those "word lottery" words. I hate those!

Exactly lol. I think my guesses from 4 through 6 was some order of: BATCH, PATCH, MATCH and the stupid word was CATCH. I remember thinking to myself before my last guess "I bet it's going to be one of those words where one of the letters shows up twice" and I should have just trusted my gut lol.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Yesterday's word was a bugger. I had the third and fifth letter on my first guess and thought this was going to be easy. Then I began to realize how many words it could be. I was down to my sixth guess. I could think of only two words that it could be by that point. I had to take a chance on one of them and surprisingly, I chose the correct one!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
MomsLovingSon

Got today's in just 2 tries. Had a trio of yellow letters on the first guess, but the word just came into my head after about 30 seconds of thinking about it.

• Like 1

• Moderators

That's how I felt about today's. That one could have gone into word lottery. 

• Hugs 1

• Members
MomsLovingSon
24 minutes ago, widower2 said:

That's how I felt about today's. That one could have gone into word lottery. 

I hear you on that lol. Today's one was one of those rare 6 guess games. In hindsight though I felt dumb since the most obvious option I should've taken would have gotten me the word in 6 tries.

• Moderators

Totally stuck on today's word. I have the three middle letters in place but see nothing that fits. This better not be some stupid obscure word. 

• Like 1

• Members
1 hour ago, widower2 said:

Totally stuck on today's word. I have the three middle letters in place but see nothing that fits. This better not be some stupid obscure word. 

That was me two hours ago! I had the middle three letters after my fourth try and stared at it for about a half hour after that.  I managed to finally see it after going through every letter combination possible...and surprisingly, it wasn't an obscure word at all. 

• Like 2

• Members
MomsLovingSon

Yep, today's was a hard one but I can't complain about the word being super obscure or anything. I had the 2nd and 4th letters after my third try, tried a different word on my fourth try without discovering any new letters, and got it on my fifth try after thinking about it for like 10 minutes lol.

• Like 2

• Members

5 is sort of my standard these days.  Sunday it took me 5 trys. Monday's, that just came out, also took me 5 trys.

• Like 1

• Members
MomsLovingSon
19 minutes ago, Gail 8588 said:

5 is sort of my standard these days.  Sunday it took me 5 trys. Monday's, that just came out, also took me 5 trys.

Yeah for me it's mostly been 4's with the odd 5 lately. I did just play today's (Monday) Wordle though and got it in 3, however. I started off with two yellows, then a yellow and a pair of greens before getting it on the third try.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, DWS said:

That was me two hours ago! I had the middle three letters after my fourth try and stared at it for about a half hour after that.  I managed to finally see it after going through every letter combination possible...and surprisingly, it wasn't an obscure word at all. 

In hindsight I agree :)  

• Members
MomsLovingSon

Today's word took me 5 tries. I had ALL of the letters, but they were ALL yellow after my 4th attempt lmao. Never had that happen before.

• Like 1

• Members

My most frequent score is getting to be 5.  It used to be 4, but I play a more conservative game now, eliminating lots of letters before I try to solve.

I got today's wordle (Friday) in 5.  My streak is now 200. 

• Like 3

• Members
11 hours ago, Gail 8588 said:

I play a more conservative game now, eliminating lots of letters before I try to solve.

I find it's more fun that way. I have about 10 words that I randomly select from and go from there. I actually find it more interesting if I don't get any letters on the first try. That gets me to figure out a word from the remaining letters. 

But what was everyone's reaction to the word from three or four days ago..."piney"! I can honestly say that I have never heard that word before. I had the middle three letters in place and figured the only letter that it could possibly end in was a "y". But "hiney" wasn't a real word in the dictionary. "Winey"? "Jiney?" No such words so on my fifth guess, I sheepishly typed "piney" and sure enough, it worked. My kitchen cabinets are made of pine but I have never referred to them as piney cupboards. I guess I can start now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Members

Today's wordle (Wednesday) was very challenging for me, but I managed to get it on my 6th try. Whew!

My streak is still going, 240 today. 

• Like 1

• Members
MomsLovingSon
On 12/14/2022 at 12:53 AM, Gail 8588 said:

Today's wordle (Wednesday) was very challenging for me, but I managed to get it on my 6th try. Whew!

My streak is still going, 240 today. 

240 is insane. I hope that you can make it for an entire 365 days. It'd be cool if there was a leaderboard built into the game, but I can guarantee that people would abuse it heavily by just Googling answers all to have an unearned record.

After my streak of 83 was broken (two months ago today actually) I got into the 20s, had it snap, had it snap again after about a week because I forgot to play one day, then had a streak of only about 3 until I failed on a word, and right now I'm at 21 (got today's word in 3 tries and yesterday's in 4.)

• Members

Today was another hard one for me. I got it in 6. But I was confident that I had the correct word for my 6th try.  Yesterday, I was hopeful that I had the right word, but not sure. 

I hope I can make a year, but in a way, the pressure will be off if I lose one of these days. That could be a blessing in a way.  🙂

• Like 1

• Moderators

After a string of "normal" words, they seem to be getting back to some goofy ones, like today's.

• Moderators

Busted yesterday argh. A bogus word IMO. Since when are they doing comparative adjectives? 

• Like 2

• Members

Widower2, 

My mind is like a sieve. I can't remember yesterday's word.  I do know I have had a lot of five and six guess words this past month. 

It's almost midnight, I'll soon have a new word to work out. 

My streak is still going, at 311 now.

Gail

• Like 2

• Members
MomsLovingSon

I can't remember yesterday's word either but I remember it took me all 6 tries lol. Just did today's and it took me 5 attempts. I'm currently only at a streak of 12 because I haven't been anywhere as diligent in terms of remembering to play every day and had a few steaks in the teens get broken because of it. Lastly, just doing the quick math, in the 210 games on my account it takes me an exact average of 4 attempts to get the correct word.

• Like 2

• Members
12 hours ago, widower2 said:

Busted yesterday argh. A bogus word IMO. Since when are they doing comparative adjectives? 

Yes...I busted on that one as well. For my sixth guess, I had it narrowed down that the last 4 letters were "I P E R" and figured it was either "WIPER" or "PIPER". I chose "wiper" not even considering "RIPER". :huh: 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I was similar. I had two guesses left and had  _ I _ E R. I figured it was BIKER or HIKER and tried BIKER - when both letters flamed out, all I saw was WIPER and PIPER.  Lame.

• Moderators

Kind of a lame word today (Sat) IMO. Is that even considered a "word" now? 

• Like 1

• Members
9 hours ago, widower2 said:

Kind of a lame word today (Sat) IMO. Is that even considered a "word" now? 

That was my thought as well. I had it down to the last three letters on guess number two: "_ _ A I L"

Is it "quail"?

No.

"Avail"?

No.

Could it be "email" or is that considered an actual word?

And sure enough, it is because I got it on guess number five!

• Like 1

• Members

Well my streak is still growing.  I am at 331 today.

I think all that that shows is I am a bit obsessive/compulsive. 

• Like 2

• Members

Yesterday’s word almost got me.  I had 4 of the 5 letters but none of them in the right position with two guesses left.  The C wasn’t one of my letters so it took me forever to figure out the word. I’m so glad Wordle isn’t timed.  I’d never keep my streak going if that were the case!

• Like 1