Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I Believe in God...

BreathofAngel

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Christy, Any wisdom I do have I humbly give thanks to the Lord, as it came from Him.  :)  Thank you for your words of encouragement.  I have read your posts from early on when I first began here at BI, and I can see how the Lord has been working in your heart and life, healing you and carrying you in the midst of the storm.  You, I am certain, are an inspiration to many mothers who have lost their young children.

Praying for all of us as we fellowship in celebration of His resurrection.  HE LIVES, and therefore so do we.  Blessings and love, Claudia

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
4everjoeysmom

Mary Jo, I used to date a guy that was a "live-it-up-hard-and-go-to-confession-for-absolution kind of guy".  Unfortunately, it DOES NOT work that way.  For one thing God (in His Word) says absolutely nothing about anyone except Christ being a metiator between God and man.  And most importantly, the Scripture has a lot to say about having a truly "repentant heart".  What your friend's husband is doing is willfully sinning and going through the motions of seeking forgeiveness with the mindset of doing it all over again, and again, and again.  There is nothing repentant about that.  I feel really sorry for the ones that don't get it..........they need a lot of prayer for enlightenment to God's truth about forgiveness.

It's so wonderful that you will be spending this Easter with your son, and hearing his sermon from the pulpit.  What a precious blessing!!  I hope you have a wonderful time of fellowship with him.  God bless you and Happy Easter!

To ALL, HE IS RISEN!!  ALL praises and glory to the Lord, for He is our eternal HOPE.  Happy Easter!!  Love and Blessings, Claudia

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Good morning my dear friends. Thank you all for your prayers. I must agree that this problem clouds a guy's ability to treat a lady right. I can't treat a lady like "that". I'm blessed to be with my wife, the most precious and beautiful woman I've ever known. When I need to know something, I talk with her, my source of wisdom. I think a lot of the wisdom God gives women. You can tell how much I think of your wisdom by how much I ask your advice (don't tell the guys, or I'm doomed - hehehe). As this issue has gone on in my family, it's presented a spiritual decline we're concerned about. We're praying God will return him to the flock before he gets into any more mischief. Before I say goodnight (it's nearly noon and I'm very tired), I must say I am blessed by the friendship God has allowed us to all share. I cherish the friendship and you all. I hold you in my prayers. luv and hugz, Me

• Members

plz pray for me ladies i am really down right now and am hurting i cant begin to describe the kind of pain that i am in bc of missing my mother she passed last year we were soul mates and now i have no one to turn too..  after she passed i lost most of my family .. a aunt and a cousin and a half sister are gone they are no longer part of my life for real now though... my mom helds us all together when she passed away that all left and now i feel so alone. i have a aunt and a sister and a dad. but the dad and sister are addicts and might as well not even be here in this world i would never know the difference if they left it completly.. and my one aunt live miles away in another state and has her own problems.. i have no real friends other than online.. and i dont have a supportive church where i am at..  so i feel pretty bad and have been for some time now.. i only hang on bc of my cat Mona.. hugs and thank you for listening

• Members

Sheela,

I am sorry you are feeling so down.  God made us to be relational beings.  That seperation can be so painful and discouraging. 

May God bring you peace and comfort.  May he bring friends and loving support into your life.  I ask that He give you wisdom to know where to look and what to be involved in.  I love the song by Toby Mac that says "I was made just for you...made to adore you...I was made to love....and be loved by You."  We are made to love each other and the Lord Himself.  I pray that you would especially feels Gods love filling you and renewing you with strength so that you might be an encouragement to others.

God's love upon you,

Sal

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Sheela, bless your dear heart. We're here for you. I am so very sorry you're going through such painful losses. I hope you find the peace and hope you seek. I found the peace I needed and more here. I've been on BI for several years. These dear people have become some of my closest and most precious friends. We simply care about each other and look out for each other here. Please take gentle care of yourself, and do a little something special just for you. It's good for you. We'll be praying for you through this difficult time. I understand the difficulty of having addictions in the family - went through plenty of that in my birth family, which is why I ended up in foster care. To have the added grief of not being near to a supportive church can pile things up at times. Take it easy on your emotions, and don't try to expect a lot of your feelings. Let each day kinda go along with its own flow, and ask for sovereign direction. You'll be given what you need. If you need anything, please ask us, and we'll help you all we can. This is what friends are for. hug from a friend, Mark

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

How's our Wyominggal today? I hope your well. I like your take on relationships. You said it well. My 30 year old daughter is like that with her husband, so beautiful to watch as they go about their daily lives. Be good to yourself, care for your emotions, and spoil yourself a little. You're worth it. I'm praying for you always. hugz, luvz, Mark

• Members

I am doing ok most of the time.  :)  I still have my bad days and holidays are always hard. 

I have heard rumors of your musical abilities :)  and want to say music has been so important to me since I lost my son.  I listen to klove most of the time now because so many of the words and melodies mean so much more to me now.  I wish it didn't take losing my son from earth to gain in spiritual understanding and knowledge but it seems pain and growth go hand in hand. 

Mark schultz is performing tomorrow night here in Casper and I would love to go however my son's school music performance is tomorrow.  Sigh.   I will go to my son's performance.    I don't want to take for granted each activity/event/performance I have with each living child. 

Here is the address to my son's memorial that I made recently.

http://joshua-heyer.virtual-memorials.com/main.php?action=view&mem_id=12135&page_no=1

• Members
kagansmommy

Sal, what a beautiful memorial you made for your angel Joshua. I made it to the photo album and fell apart. We played that song "Tears in Heaven" at our son's funeral. The memories came flooding back so fast. 

It has been an emotional day for us. Kagans Dad and I were nearly taken out of this world today by a driver not paying attention. There is no way she could have missed my blazer but she did. Her skid marks went right across the very spot we were sitting. How did she miss us? Her car slid over 150 feet on 2 wheels and sat back down on the road, came to a stop and there was not a scratch on anyone. I swear I saw Kagan leap from our car onto hers as she went past us out of control. We were stopped to turn and she came up on us with her cruise control set on 63 and never hit her brakes.

She had two little boys with her that were asleep and didn't even know what happened. There is no way she missed us. Am I dead and this is a dream? I'm afraid to go to sleep for fear it is a dream. This song just verified to me that is was Kagan that was there looking out for us. God had to have help today and I feel Joshuas memorial showed me who it was.

Thank you so much for sharing that with us.

Christy

Kagan I love you and miss you so much, thank you for taking care of those little boys today.

• Members

I am so glad that you guys are ok!  How scary.  I think all of us here at BI  have an understanding of how short our earthly life can be; yet it is still shocking to know that earthly tradgedy could happen again.   God can and does perform miracles when it is to glorify his Kingdom.  He must have a reason for you to stay here on earth.  How wonderful for Kagan if God allowed him to play a part in the miracle that day.  I don't know if God does that but it does say somewhere ( I am terrible about references) in the Bible those who have gone before are interecding on behalf of the saints.

I said I love Chrisitan music. :)   Here is the link to Super Chick's song,  "we live"

Sal

• Members

thank you all for your prayers and encouragement i appreciate them all i had a severe and i mean severe migraine last night and yesterday afternoon i am some better today but still am in pain.. hugs and again thank you all

• Members
misshimstill

Hi, Sheela.

I'd been wondering where you had gone.  I have missed you on the other thread.  I have migraines, too, and know how they can put us out of commission real fast!  Do you get nausea and sensitivity to light and noise and motion? 

I see that you're still not plugged into a church that helps you and that you feel comfortable in.  I know you're having a really rough time still.  I just pray for the Lord to meet you right where you are and give you the strength that you are needing right now.  He tells us to come boldly before the thone to find mercy and grace to help us in our time of need (Heb 4:16) - one of my favorite scriptures. 

God bless you,

Oneta

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Sal, it's understandable to have those feelings. I'm sorry you have to go through so much. I'd be willing to take the pain from you, if only I could, my friend. Now, the rest - KLove, I love it too. It's locked into the radio in my bus, but I also like Benny Goodman after playing a gig (it helps me unwind). Yeah, I have a minor amount of talent. We're in studio now, working on a new album. It should be done by the first of May, and my friends here each get a pre-release copy. I pray y'all like it. As difficult as it will be for you to go to the school, let your heart call the shots. If you feel like going, go. But if you get in the parking lot and feel like running away, just stay calm and drive home safely. We'll be here for you. Take good care, and pamper yourself a little. You're worth it. luvz, hugz, me

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Christy, you are really here, hon. This is just how God uses protecting (guardian) angels to keep you safe. Thank the Lord you and the hubby are safe and nobody was hurt. Thankfully, God is watching over you, Kagan, your little angel, is watching over you. Do my worrywart heart a favor??? Get your airbags checked, and please be sure to always wear those pesky seatbelts. I worry about ya's. Luv ya like a sister. Me

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Cheryl, good to hear from you. You always have the dearest and most encouraging things to say. Thanks. luvz, hugz, mark

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Sheela, I'm sorry you suffer from migraines. They are such miserable things. I've dealt with them since I was about 12.

Lord, please heal our friend and sister Sheela of these migraines. We know how debilitating and painful they are. Help her to be free of those things that trigger them. We are Your servants, and thankful for Your gifts, including healing. Amen.

I'll constantly pray for you daily so you can be free of the headaches. luvz, hugz, Me

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Hey misshimstill, I've seen you around on other threads. It's good to see people of faith here. I'm sorry for the things that have brought you to BI. The blessing we can enjoy is, we get to have a beautiful reunion someday soon. I look forward to dancing with my wife in Heaven. She lost the ability to dance and walk years ago, and became bedbound within the last two years. Take care, and spoil yourself some too. It's good for you. Mark

• Members
misshimstill

Hey right back at ya, Mark!  I've been reading you some, too, on the different threads.  I haven't fully put all the pieces together yet, but I'm working on it.  Some of the other women and I have really gotten pretty tired of getting told to be quiet when we try to talk about our faith and how it has helped us through the tough times.  Looks like they've left this thread be for a while.  That's good.

Looking forward so much to that reunion you were talking about!  My husband and I used to love to dance.  I have very early memories of our romance that center around college dances.  Don't know if we'll be doing slow dancing in Heaven, though.  However, sure miss it here.

Nice to meet you.  Thanks for saying hi to me.  ~Oneta

• Members

Sheela,

I hope you are feeling better tonight. When my body feels bad it drags down my whole spirit as well...and vica versa.  I pray God's healing hand upon your head to erase the migraine completely.  I pray God's renewal in your spirit.  Hope, faith, and joy to you.

Mark,

Thank you for the kind words. :)  I went to my son Micah's music performance at school and he did great.  He didn't want to go because it was a large crowd.  Once we were there and he was performing you couldn't tell by looking at him that he had butterflies.   He looked confident, engergetic and quite handsome I might ad. :) 

Sal

• Members

oops....duplicate post.  How odd.  Hope everyone is feeling well tonight and ready for the weekend.

Sal

• Members

thank you

i am some better today went to the grocery store and got some soup it was a different brand than usual and i fould out that i didnt like it much LOL..

how is every one else ? doing ok i hope.. i know what you mean about the connection to not feeling well and then being down i am the same way also..

• Members
deeperfaith7

Hi All,

Sheela, so glad you are feeling better. I pray that you find a loving, supportive church home (I know many folks are so turned off by 'organized religion:') but, God will bring those supportive people into your life, then possibly provide a place of worship, too.

Sal, I went on your son's memorial, & was so touched. Can't imagine losing a child. My heart aches for you.

Mark, you are always so supportive--I don't logon to the site very often, but you are such a blessing to everyone!! I will keep you in my prayers, too, along with all of you here. It was so great to see people commenting on KLove radio- it has helped me through some very difficult times as well. The song 'I Can Only Imagine' has to be one of the most beautiful & truthful songs ever written!!!

God Bless you all~~~Diane

• Members
deeperfaith7

Christy- talk about God watching over you, & the amazing guardian angels....your son Kagan was watching out for you & the other family, too- it gave me chills, & of course, eternal hope that we WILL see our loved ones one day soon!!

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Oneta, well we're told it'll be a wedding feast in Heaven, and as my grad school (seminary) notes have scribbled down, there was a lot of dancing at ancient Hebrew weddings, so I'm going out on a limb and saying we'll most likely have a few dances up there too - just my guess. If so, I want to be with the band after I get just one dance with my wife. It's sad that some people can't just leave others to their way of thinking, especially when it comes to faith. We've had a few who come in here now and then to bug us, but this is usually a very peaceful thread. You and all your friends are always welcome to join in and share a place where your faith and your thoughts are always welcome. We work together in our healing and keep each other in prayer - genuinely. May God keep you are yours well. Have a blessed Sunday. My Sunday will be a day of rest. I'm on the night shift, with no aide to care for my wife, so I have to stay awake until 9am. luvz, hugz, Mark

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Sal, give that boy an ice cream cone! Way to go!!!!! And I'm happy you were able to make it through the concert! You should get an ice cream cone too. It's difficult to get through some of these emotional things, and it takes a special strength to get through. Sometimes, when we feel the weakest, I believe God makes us strongest. Our prayers are answered! Thanks for letting us know. luvz, hugz, moi

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Sheela, anything that you can do to ease the stress is good. This will help the migraines. When I don't sleep well from stress, I get a lot of migraines. I'm also in studio, so this adds to it - $10 grand a day and very demanding work. So, please avoid the bad soup; get lots of rest, and by all means, take care of yourself. I'm always praying for you. luvz & hugz, me

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

deeperfaith, it's always nice to see you here. You are always welcome with us and we love hearing from you. I like KLove at nite after a show when I'm in the tourbus. It's nice to quiet down and relax. We need those things that keep our thoughts on our Lord, while they also relax and entertain us. I pray you are well in body and in your journey of healing. My prayers abide with you. luvz, Mark

• Members
misshimstill

Mark:  I hope you're right about dancing in Heaven.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that you are!  We like to dance in church!  (Oops!  Maybe I shouldn't have said that.  Some people don't think we should get exhuberant in church!).  I do miss slow dancing with my husband, though.  While a good ole' Jewish dance would be fun, I still miss those slow dances with him.

Sheela:  I sure get concerned about you.  I had hoped you might have found a good place to fellowship by now and some friends.  Try some homemade soup.  Much better than the canned stuff.  And if you don't have any good recipes, log on to the food network.  Lots of good recipes there!

Everyone else:  Hope you had a good Sunday.  Be checkin' in with you later.  ~Oneta

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Sheela, I second the homemade soup suggestion.  We make a good brothy chicken soup with boiled chicken in a stock pot, (which helps ot make the stock rich), a cup of rice, a cup of tiny pearl pasta, a large finely diced or chopped carrot, cilantro, a little bit of scallion (green onion), a clove or two of garlic and some salt and pepper to taste.....really simple and very good for you.  We usually leave the chicken pieces whole and serve them in the bowl of soup, but you can also shread the chicken after it has been cooked and put it back into the soup shredded.

I am all about dancing in Heaven, and singing, and the glorious endless joy in worship that we will experience.  David danced!!!  :)

Blessings all, Love, Claudia

• Members
misshimstill

Mmmmmm!  That soup sounds really good!  I love soup, even in hot weather!  Sheela, I hope you're taking care of yourself. 

I second the dancing!  And yes, David certainly DID dance!  I'm sure there will be plenty of it in Heaven with our loved ones - and even our friends here on BI which we may never meet until then - but you can be sure we'll know one another there!  I look forward to it!  ~Oneta

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Oneta, I won't say anything either way about dancin' in church. After all, didn't King David dance a lot?

Now, ladies, you're making me hungry with all this talk about chicken soup. I love chicken soup; on my way home to make some. We're all tired from a very long session at the studio, so it's time for a nap. I'm praying for each of you, every day. luv ya's. Me

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

I've been trying to get some work done at the studio, working eighteen to twenty hours a day (not what the doctor ordered). There was a rather serious equipment failure, so we're all home for about a week until it can be fixed. It gave me a little opportunity to see my new neighborhood. Someone one the next block over owns a Maserati. Typical guy, always looking at fast cars. I hope you are all well, enjoying the warming weather. Pizza guy is here, so I'm gonna munch. Take care, and may God give you the peace you deserve. luv, Me

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Mark:  The neighbor has a Maserati. heh?  Sounds like you moved "on up to the East Side"...LOL!  It also sounds like a Godsend that the equipment failure is going to give you a much needed break from the long days at the office.  I'm thinking you'll probably find something to do with all that time.  ;)  Hope the pizza was good.  We make our own here in Ecuador, although when in the bg city of Quito, there is a Papa John's.  Imagine that!  I can't believe it, but it has been about 3 months since I have been to the city.  I'm beginning to feel pretty comfortable out here on Walton's Mountain.  LOL!  Actually, that's exactly what I thought of this morning, as I looked across the Andes Mountain Range that is my breakfast table view.  I think I have finally reached the point of total surrender to this life here....  Blessings and hugs to you and yours, Claudia

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Claudia, God is pleased when we serve Him, whether it be in a triple canopy jungle or concrete jungle. It may be quiet up on your mountain top, but you have a very important ministry and job to do for our Lord. I'm thankful for you and your husband being so faithful in your work. While my stage life makes me look a bit wild and crazy at times, I take my faith and relationship with God very seriously. It must be a culture shock to be so far from a pizza joint.  At least you have a Papa Johns when you get to the city. We moved from the suburbia town we were in when the noise got to be too much, and the airport began sending 747s over our home. It wasn't much fun. So, we moved a little further from the city, further from the commotion so I could work and more suitable to my wife's needs. Yeah, we like the cool cars in our 'hood, like that Maser. My driveway isn't anything like that. I have a tourbus in my yard, just who I am, I guess. Take care of yourself, and always remember we're praying for you. We keep you in prayer daily for the needs and for spiritual, emotional and physical protection. luvz, Me

• Members

This new version of the "footprints" story really caught me off guard at the end...What a blessing. 

And, since the talk about dancing in heaven, which I am sure there is.  I couldn't resist posting this~

(Granny Cheryl)

JUST READ IT!

FOOTPRINTS......2008

Imagine you and the Lord Jesus are walking down the road together. For much of the way, the Lord's footprints go along steadily, consistently, rarely varying the pace.

But your footprints are a disorganized stream of zigzags, starts, stops, turnarounds, circles, departures,

and returns.

For much of the way, it seems to go like this, but gradually your footprints come more in line with the Lord's, soon paralleling, His consistently.

You and Jesus are walking as true friends!

This seems perfect, but then an interesting thing happens: Your footprints that once etched the sand next to Jesus' are now walking precisely in His steps.

Inside His larger footprints are your smaller ones, you and Jesus are becoming one.

This goes on for many miles, but gradually you notice another change. The footprints inside the large footprints seem to grow larger.

Eventually they disappear altogether. There is only one set of footprints. They have become one.

This goes on for a long time, but suddenly the second set of footprints is back This time it seems even worse! Zigzags all over the place. Stops. Starts. Gashes in the sand. A variable mess of prints.

You are amazed and shocked.

Your dream ends. Now you pray:

"Lord, I understand the first scene, with zigzags and fits. I was a new Christian; I was just learning. But you walked on through the storm and helped me learn to walk with you."

"That is correct."

"And when the smaller footprints were inside of Yours, I was actually learning to walk in your steps, following you very closely."

"Very good.. You have understood everything so far."

"So...When the smaller footprints grew and filled in Yours, I suppose that I was becoming like you in every way."

"Precisely!" said Jesus.

"So, Lord, was there a regression or something? The footprints separated, and this time it was worse than at first."

~There is a pause as the Lord answers,~ with a smile in His voice. "You didn't know? It was then that we danced!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven: A time to weep, a time to laugh, a time to mourn, and a time to dance.

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-4

Are you laughing? Are you thinking? Spread the Word and give thanks to the Lord for He is good!

It's not WHAT you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts.. Think about that.

"I ASKED GOD"

I asked for a flower,

He gave me a garden.

I asked for a tree,

He gave me a forest.

I asked for a river,

He gave me an ocean.

I asked for a friend,

He gave me all of "YOU." 

Jesus Loves You, Yes He Does...

"And so do I !!!"

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Mark, BIG HUGS, and THANK YOU.  You are always such an enocuragement.  I am REALLY happy you are back on the boards.  I had to laugh b/c I had that image of a nice suburban neighborhood (back in the 70's) with the tour bus in the front.  Remember the show?

Cheryl, I had seen this the other day, and it is so appropriate here too, because we had just talked of "dancing".  What a cool thing to think about...  Hugs, Claudia

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Eeeew, that dreadful bird bus. I remember that thing. It looked like the Muppets took Woodstock in it (forget Manhattan). It boggles my mind that with all those kids, they didn't have a bathroom in that jalopy. It's a miracle they even got across town (I know my own kids, and I know my grandkids). Of all the creature comforts, I think that one item hits the top of the hit parade. Claudia, thanks for what you said. I'm going through a lot now, and I appreciate it. My wife and I are facing a lot now, so your kindness feels very healing to us. Her neurologist told us last fall she may have two years left to live, but I shouldn't expect much more. This makes me pray about taking more time off after the upcoming tour, and there's a lot riding on the outcome of my decision. God will give wisdom in due time. Til then, I pray you all stay well, and I pray God keeps you in His perfect peace. luvz, me

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Mark, My Brother, If just a little lovingkindness from me can make you feel better, imagine the measure of unfailing and faithful lovingkindness from our God!  I can't even begin to imagine how far I would have to outstretch my arms to reach the dimensions of His love, but I sure am grateful that He is ever planting in me a growing heart for reaching out to others who are hurting and in pain.  In these times of difficulty and sadness for you, I pray that the image of "dancing again one day" can bring brightness and hope into the valley, affirming to you that His radiance will see that the Son never stops shining on you, no matter how dark it can be in this world and in this life.  Big HUGS, your Sister, Claudia

P.s.  beautiful bus.......  :)

• Members

:?  Mark, you and your wife are in my prayers,  The Lord will give you peace with the right decision.    And,   No, that's no Partridge Family Bus!  Its beautiful!

CH

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Happy Birthday Rod, and special blessings to you Mary Jo, as you reflect on your life with Rod.  I could feel "the blessing" he brought to the lives of you and your children, and how wonderful that they are fully enjoying their lives and dreams in large part to Rod having been there for them and you.  Bless you!  -Claudia

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Ah, birthdays. I wish you the best, Mary Jo, for all the day can give. The memories aren't the same as those hugs and kisses you once shared, but I believe Rod still loves you the same as the day he fell in love with you. May God bless your special day. a birthday hug from a friend, Mark

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Cheryl, oops. That's my agent's coach, the one we take on longer rides. Mine is a little shorter, but still a nightmare to parellel park. I tried to load the pic, but it got lost in Albequerque. Bugs Bunny must have sent it back. That is interior, a nice place to hang our hats.  Hope you're well. I'm praying for you. luvz, hugz, Me

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Claudia, the more I think of this "dancing", the more I wonder. If John rested his head on Jesus, and if King David danced, what is Heaven gonna be like? We're all in for a big surprise! It's a beautiful thing to share this journey with a few of the most wonderful people God can let walk with me for a while. I appreciate the friendship and time people spend with me. I think I've reached a place spiritually that I understand what John was talking about with his relationship to the Savior. It's a precious relationship to have; to be able to rest our heads on our Lord. He's with you, right beside you, even to the end of the world. luv ya, my sister, Mark

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Mark, Honestly, I can only imagine--from what Scripture tells us, it's going to be the most phenominal, unending event for eternity.  I sit back and imagine some of the most fun times I've had in this life--some of the amazing concerts, some of the amazing worship events, and back in the day some of the amazing gigs I played as well...  (Some of my sweetest memories are of my two boys and how they loved playing "rodie" when they were about 9, 10 or so, making sure everything looked good, was hooked up right, etc.  They got to attend the "early" weekend shows.)  I've always loved music.  And to consider how we (as His Church, His Body) will be reunited with Him, and will be the choir, singing His praises for eternity in one huge unending worship event...  just imagining it excites me.  Oh, I know there will be work to do as well, but I can't help thinking more about the reunion party.  I start to wonder will there be a huge band?  Will there be bodysurfing?  LOL!  Do you ever wonder, as when you are the one on the stage and countless people are singing and worshipping along with you, how much grander it will be when the band comes together in Heaven, and we will be able to see the subject of our worship face to face--how exciting that will be?  I can only imagine...  But it keeps me hanging on.  You know?  Love to you as well, always, Claudia

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Of all peeps to see at this hour of the night, I'm up to start recording. The place is back up and running. The bad part is, we lost all the work we did. Seems like someone doesn't want us doing this ... hmmm. Praise God! I went to my doc yesterday to see about the tremors in my hands (I have Muscular Dystrophy - the trems slow me down). He gave me something for it, so I hope it works. I'm not ready to retire from this gig - I love my work too much. Some of our fans asked about it, and I told them I wrote a song called "One More Song", and when they hear it, I'm retiring. Most everyone knows about the illness, cuz I sit a lot while on stage (understatement, I'm in a wheelchair - funky looking chartreuse thing with mountain bike tires and rokshox). I don't want people thinking I'm anything special, just little ol' me, doin' what I love. Now, I'm not so sure about that bodysurfing gig in Heaven, Claudia, but I guarantee you this, I'm volunteering for the band, and I want to hear all of you in the choir. There's nothing more beautiful than hearing women singing. Have a great day, all, and know that I'm praying for each one of you. luv yas, Me

• Members

Heaven,

I guess I have always thought Heaven would be like the Garden of Eden only better/perfect.  Isn't that what God created Eden to be - His people's home, until the fall and everything changed?    Also, In some of my reading in the last 21 months tomorrow,  I've been led to think - we will be like Jesus after he was resurrected.  Don't you think?  He ate, we'll eat,  He sat among friends, so will we, etc.

That's just what my tiny mind has absorbed up to now.....And, boy I am ready.   I'd like the trumpet to sound and ALL of us go......

It seems we don't have very many in the last days participating in this thread....Hello!

Anybody else out there, Please join in!

Granny Cheryl   :?

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Actually, Cheryl, you bring up an interesting point.  I do know from Scripture that there will be a new Earth, as the old will pass away--all that has been touched and eroded from The Fall.  I imagine the New Earth will be exactly how God intended it to be as in how the Garden of Eden once was.  Actually, we didn't know much about the Earth outside of Eden before the fall, but I imagine while it was uninhabited before our 'first parents' were kicked out of Eden to go inhabit the Earth, it was beautiful and unmarred.  It's a lot to ponder on, isn't it?  And beautiful ponderings they are...

Mark, I do like that you have declared a very specific song to be your retirement announcement---subtle and sweet.

What happoened to Lauraa, Starchild, and some of the others who used to come and give praises everyday??  I'm with you Cheryl.  Besides a few that pop in from time to time still, this thread has gotten very quiet.  Hopefully it's a sign of healing and moving on for most and nothing more to read into it....  but they are missed.  Blessings to all, Claudia 

Archived