Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I Believe in God...

BreathofAngel

• Members

Claudia,

You mentioned that there will be work in Heaven. I kind of think that our work in Heaven will be work that we have been specifically created to do and that it wont feel like work to us.  It will be that job that our hearts crave most to do.  :)  What it will be for each of us I don't know.   I think we will all participate in singing and praising and dancing. :)

Sal

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Good question.  There will be a wedding banquet, so I am certain we'll eat.  I'm sure we'll enjoy each other's companionship.  From the parable Jesus told of Lazarus and the rich man, I believe our loved one's there still love and know us, so they'll be able to greet us when we arrive.  But, we'll not just sit on a cloud and mindlessly strum a harp, like that pathetic cheese ad on the telly. We will be busy praising our Lord and Savior, tending to the tree of life and other things there, and attending to other matters. I think the gifts we're given here will have a lot to do with what we're doing there; meaning, I'm going to be playing some instrument with gold strings that never break. My daughter has Laura's email addy, so we'll write and see how she's doing. She helped me through the long term illness issues. She's a dear friend, one I could trust with my life. I miss her too. It's just another nite here, so we're trying to get some work done. So far, sound check after sound check. (boring.....). I'm ordering another pizza! oh, and some root beer. . . gotsta have my root beer. luv yas, Me

• Members
4everjoeysmom

I envision a lot of what you wrote Mark, and the gold strings that won't break--I'm all for that!  And speaking of Root Beer, there is ONLY ONE place that I know of here in Ecuador to get a root beer and it's at a gringo burger joint in Quito.  Can you imagine?!  That reminds me...  remember those candies called Bottle Caps?  I loved the root beer ones.  Hmmm....  I wonder of they still make those?  I did buy some root beer hard candy from an Amish shop when I was in the States.  Gotta have my root beer too...  :)  Hugs, Claudia

• Members

Is anyone a Gaither gospel music fan? Their cd called Going Home is a blend of narrative and music that I find very comforting on the subject of heaven.

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Mary Jo, That sounds wonderful!  I'll have to check it out.  I used to listen to the Gather Hour once in a while and I love good Gospel.  My dad has some cousins that have a really good Southern Bluegrass Gospel band (has been going strong for years) down in Kentucky.  I remember when my Aunt Mandy died back about 8 years ago, they came and performed a couple of songs during her memorial.  There wasn't a dry eye in the place, yet it was so beautiful and comforting to listen to at the same time.  And one of my most treasured Easter memories is sunrise service at Chimney Rock, NC, bluegrass gospel music playing as the sun rose over the Blue Ridge Mountains....  just beautiful.  Thanks for the suggestion and the stirring of some special memories.  Blessings, Claudia

p.s  I had initially addressed this to Mary Ann.  I've never said so, but throughout many of your posts, I have seen many similarities in likes, personal style, writing, and so forth that remind me of my former neighbor and friend whose name is Mary Ann.  I know you and I had some moments earlier on that clashed--mostly my fault...  and I don't know if that rub lingered...  but I do enjoy your posts, hearing about your kids and your life with Rod, what you do now, etc, and I hope you can forgive me for any previous offense.  Blessings of peace and love, Claudia

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Hey MJ, I love the Gaithers! I don't watch much tv, but what little I do watch, I like to make it something worthwhile (hockey, Gospel shows, maybe a documentary). When I was a new Christian, I wore out several Gaither tapes listening to "Because He Lives". I love that song. Thanks for bringing me these beautiful memories of a time when spiritual things were fresh and new, so vibrant like the colors of the rainbow. Thanks for the trip into the old memories. luv ya, Mark

• Members

Hi All!

Taylor's Dad,

God does not send anyone to eternal damnation.  We make that choice my not following His Word (the Bible)   Roman 10:10 Tells us we must believe  with our whole heart that Jesus is LORD, Confess it to others, (Share the good news) etc.

Nicodemus was told how to get to heaven he must be born again.   That is our spirits must be woke up and reborn into Jesus family by believing and accepting what Jesus did for us on the cross.

Jesus Is Lord, Cheryl

• Members

I DID IT AGAIN.  I JUST RESPONDED TO AN OLD POST FROM EARLY MARCH.

WHY DO WE COME ON THESE THREADS SO FAR BACK.....I THINK I NEED TO HEAD TO BED PLEASE DISREGARD MY PREVIOUS POST

SORRY

Cheryl

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Claudia, in the words of Charlie Brown, "aaaarrgghh!". I'm trying to figure a way to airdrop an emergency shipment of rootbeer and rootbeer candy to you. And I have to see about finding those fizzy candy things. Those were sooooooo cool! We had the coolest candy, didn't we? Seriously, if you'd like, I'll gladly send you a package of goodies through your missionary agency. I'd say they'd giggle at the sight of the contents, though. hehehe. Keep your faith strong, my dear and precious sister. I hold you in my heart always in my prayers. luvz, hugz, Mark

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Hey Cheryl, it's okay, kiddo, I think it's just the nature of the internet, trying to entangle us in its craziness and make us its mental prisoners. Now about needing to toddle off to bed, you're the sane one who sleeps nights. I'm just taking a break, and then I'll be working for another five or six hours, at least until I see the sunset come up (hehehe). Then I'll go hang from the rafters and catch a few zzzzzzs. Luv ya, hugz, Mark

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Hey Mark, Thanks for the thoughts.  You're so sweet.  Actually, our missionary agency, we co-founded, so it's a baby in terms of structure and size--growing, but slowly in terms of what bigger agencies have and can do.  We usually ask folks to send needed items through teams that are coming from the US to do short term missions, because handcarrying is the best way to avoid things getting lost and/or confiscated.  The corruption here isn't quite as bad as it was 2 years ago, but it's bad---bribes or knowing someone usually being the only way to accomplish anything of significance here regarding shipments, documents, etc.  Anywho....  website is www.pathwaysinternational.org if you ever want to check us out.  Hugs, Claudia

• Members

Claudia, What a darling dog. I love the donut bit. I read the posts on that thread and while I don't care to participate, I am so glad that all of you have found each other there. It's interesting reading and proof that even Christians can't agree on everything. Thanks for the earlier reply. I discarded the post about my kids as when I reread it, I thought it sounded a little over the top especially to anyone who has lost a child. It was just the way I was feeling that day as I had talked to both and they each seemed so happy in what they were doing. You are always in my prayers as is everyone here. Mary Jo

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Thanks Mary Jo.  I don't find anything insensitive about sharing the joys of your kids.  But perhaps not all who have lost a child feel that way.  I truly am happy for those who are blessed with joy filled relationships between parents and children, because frankly there are too many parental/kid relations in the world that are dysfunctional and that to me is quite sad.  For having lost the love of your life not so far from when I lost my son, I'm sure there are still many things we can relate to about loss in general, and the support from that is what truly matters.  Thanks also for the sweet compliment on my little buddy, Jo-Jo.  He really is a ham for the camera..  LOL.  he does amazingly well being the tiniest dog we have.  I have him (a shihtzu at maybe 15 pounds) and Adie, my mini schnauzer who is taller but weighs in at about the same, and my husband has two adult akitas and one of their pups that is 11 weeks old this sunday.  I say undoubtedly my life has more laughs because they are in it--especially now.  Bless you and thanks for your prayers, Claudia

• Members

Mary Jo,

I just wanted to let you know that I love to hear about the families here including children.  :)  We have all suffered some sort of loss and the joys in life need to be shouted about. :)  Though I miss my boy terribly I still chat about my living children and would love to hear about yours.

Sal

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Mary Jo, gotsta gree, that even as painful as it is losing Jenni, and with the added of my wife's terminal illness, I like a little feeling of life going on. It's nicer than the sad I feel inside. I know it hurts, and is such a heartbreaking thing for you. But we're always here for you, so never think anything you say would be an issue. You're a dear friend, and we care about you. Rest your precious heart. Our prayers are with you. May His peace be upon you. luvz,hugz, Me

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Claudia, I'm so very impressed with all you're doing, and with what you believe. I won't stop praying for you, and I'll pray for any opportunity to help. My wife and I met in Bible college while studying for ministry, so we're devoted to missions. The main part is evangelism, whether it be one on one, in a community, in a concert hall, or by the radio waves. God gives us all our part to fulfill. I'll continue to pray for the integrity of those who must allow passage of the things you need. I have a "thing" about kickbacks and bribes. Starting to remind me of Brother Andrew, driving hot Bibles through Russia in that beat up old V Dub. What a man of faith! I'm always praying for you... always. May God protect you from natural and spiritual threats, and keep your soul and mind at peace for the work ahead. hugs, your brother Mark

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Sal, I know the Bible says we learn patience by trials, but I think we must be learning something very special through this loss. Be patient with yourself, and with the healing. It's good to still hear about kids, eh? My kids are all grown, but I love it when they start ranting about my grands (I'm really not that old, am I? hehehe). Gotta say, it's been a long time since I was anywhere near your neck of the woods. We play mostly in the Eastern provinces, although sometimes we get into the northeastern States. I'm a misplaced Canadian, living in the States. My wife is American, so I stay here while she's alive so she can get the health care she needs. Her doc says she may have two years, but not much more, so she's been trying to talk me into going back home after she's gone. I'd like to be home, but I don't know... I want to be close to my grandchildren. Please take very good care of yourself. Spoil yourself just a little. You're worth it. My prayers are always with you. May you have peace. luvz, hugz, Moi

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Mark, Thanks so much, as always, for such great encouragement.  Michael works on the website fairly often, so newsletter updates and things going on are fairly current if you would like to check in from time to time to see how the Ecuador work is going.  I'm trying to mitivate myself to write more often about the happenings...  It's been a tough season for motivation.....

Love and Blessings to all, Claudia

• Members

Thank you Mark for all of your encouragement. 

It seems we have such positive encouragement among believers.  We have as many trial as non-believers yet we have something they don't have to help us.  We have the amazing hope and faith for eternity to help sustain us through them.  We have the presence of our Lord with us at all times.  I have noticed even in grief those of us who love the Lord are able to grow even amidst the pain when those who have no hope in our Lord often become bitter and angry for years.  Yes we feel angry, confused, hurt, sad, etc.  But with the help of fellow believers and the love of our Lord we are able to grow through the pain and be a blessing to others.  The chaff is burned up in the fire and yet those of us with the substance of our Lord inside of us are able to come through the fire with the impurities burned away.  (I still have a lot that needs to be burned away but perhaps the Lord knows how much can be burned away at a time and what needs to be left alone for awhile. :)  )  

God's peace apon each of us this week,

Sal

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Claudia, my Christian sister, I understand motivation, especially today. I attended a vigil for victims today, which left me drained. I miss her beyond words. About the avatar. Jenni had a Z28. She got a ticket in AZ doing over 100. Her adoptive mom knew about me being into racing, so all she said was, "she's her father's daughter." I'll stay in touch with your website, and I'll always stay close to your prayer needs. Don't let it bother you that you're having trouble with the motivator. God understands that we sometimes get into states of mind as we move through phases of our healing, and I have a feeling He doesn't lay the burden of expectation on us to perform at the top of the game on our off days. Be sure to rest when you need, for our minds need to rest more as we assimilate the thoughts of our grief as we sleep. Keep up your diet as best you can, with the protein and carbs for energy to keep your mind healthy. And of course, please be sure to pamper yourself just a bit. It may not be a lot, but just a small thing just for Claudia, to give you a break from it all, helps to heal. I'm always here, always your brother in our Savior. hugz,luvz, Mark

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Sal, thank you for saying such beautiful things. You're a wonderful soul, a dear friend. You have me in tears, but then, I'm very emotional today. I attended a memorial for murder victims today. I looked beside me and saw Jenni's name, which hit me like a freight train. It's the first time I've seen her name in a public setting, the first time I've grieved for her in that way, like it was her own special day. I'm still shaking and very deeply upset. I'm supposed to be in NYC tonight, but staying home with my IM up so I can talk to my kids and friends. You hit the nail square on, that we have a hope like no other. At the memorial, the preacher said God doesn't make mistakes; very difficult for me to take at that moment, but he's right. I may hate what happened to Jennifer, but I need to accept God's will, and allow Him to have His way with all this. Take care of yourself, my dear friend. God will fill your precious heart with the peace and comfort and hope you need to get through each day. I keep you in prayer that He will do just this. luvz, hugz, Mark

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

A precious child, the spark of my life

Taken so soon by one's device.

My child your love lives on in father's heart

Til from this earth I to Heaven depart.

When we face to face unite once again

And rejoice in what our Savior did win.

Rest for the moment and worship the Lamb

For soon my dear child we'll walk hand in hand

• Members

Mark,

Thank you for sharing the poem/ lyrics. 

I hope everyone is doing well.  There hasn't been much activity here of late, me included.  I have had sick husband and kids (stomach flu....YUCK!)  and I am hoping I don't get it myself. 

May God's power, joy and love rest upon each of us this week,

Sal

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Sorry to hear about the sickees, Sal. Not a good thing to go through, especially with all this warm weather. I know the feeling about the quiets. I've been getting in some very long days at the studio. We're doing okay here, within reason... just the usual insanity with my kids. hehehe. I'm keepin' you and yours in my prayers, every day. hugs, Me

• Members

Good morning to everyone.  May God's love fill us with encouragement and hope this week. 

I want to boost the I believe in God thread  back up to the top.  It breaks my heart to read the I don't believe in God thread.  So much pain and agony in that thread without hope for eternity...without hope of seeing their precious children again. 

We have a hope and joy even while we mourn and grieve. 

God's blessings upon us,

Sal

• Members

:?(((Hi to Everyone)))  Been quite awhile since I've posted. . .I read of the hot weather and was just  stirred to share that here in Minnesota.  We have just had our 4th snowstorm in alittle more than 2 weeks.  And, I mean STORM...  This last Friday/Sat.  we were dumped on 12" and terrible wind.....This time of year it has melted before the next storm has come through.....I really am hoping this could be the last one (I do like snow, but enough for now!!!)

Made it through my would have been 39th wedding anniversary yesterday....felt everyone's prayers for me and a real closeness to Tim....Now today as the day wears on I am slipping into one of my sit in a chair in a daze and just let the time go by unnoticed.........that's where the latter of this day has gone..had a couple bouts of tears....But, why - O - why!!!?  One step forward and two steps ???? Sideways??

Thoughts and Prayers,  Cheryl

• Members

Good Morning Cheryl,

I hope that today dawns new and fresh for you and God will provide energy and strength and joy as you serve him this week.  For it is in living for Him and serving Him each day that we find a purpose and reason to go on when we are missing someone we hold dear.   I am glad that you felt close to Tim on your anniversary.   

God's peace and blessings upon you,

Sal

• Members
jackiewitter

Mark...

Good morning old friend.  I had to share this because I just posted it on sibling for Claudia.  I still go through my brother's things periodically.  I make decisions on what to take out and use and what to discard.  It's going on 2 years now and I still have an attic full of boxes!

This weekend I pulled out a MP3 player.  He had uploaded a bunch of music to take on the road with him when he worked.  Most days he drove heavy equipment so that provided him a good 10 hours of music while he was stuck in the cab moving dirt.  Anyway he was wearing it at the time of the accident, the ear buds were damaged and thrown away at the hospital, but the player was intact.  After his memorial services I just packed it away knowing one day I would listen to it. 

I finally felt comfortable with that this weekend, I took it out and charged it, then Monday while I worked from home I listened and I listened and I listened.  It just took me back to our early teen years because most of the music was from the early 70's.  Heck Jeffrey was only 10 @ '73, but the music was great.  It also made me think of you.  There was Skinard, Crosby Stills and Nash, Eagles, Boston, Peter Frampton, Nazereth...I could go on forever.  There was so much music.  I forgot Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.  It has been a long time since I have heard music that he loved and not cried.  I sat here at my desk all day just rockin' along. 

Anyway, God be with you.  I just thought about you Monday and had to say hello.  I still read frequently, just checking in!  Hugs sent to you and your precious wife, and all the other blessed souls on here.

Peace and blessings, Jackie

• Members

Hello everyone - This site has been way toooooo quiet of late.  I haven't posted much lately, but coming here and reading the posts of fellow believers who are also those who have lost their loved ones became a place of comfort for me.  Tonight I saw posts in the site of those who have chosen to not believe in God was above this, and I simply had to take a moment to put God back in the top position.  I do hope that all of you who were keeping this site active are doing ok.  May the peace of our God that passes all understanding be with each of you.  Take care!

• Members
4everjoeysmom

And also with you, Mofirefly!  It's good to see your post.  I always smile when I see your name, as you've always been such a great encouragement to me.  Bless you, friend.  ~Claudia

Mark, miss you, Bro!  What's going on in your neck of the woods?  You and the Mrs are in my prayers....

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Checking in again...   calling out to Mark...  Are you ok???

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

just got in. Long ride. I feel so exhausted. I'm only here for Jenni's angel day, May 22. This weekend, I'm going to visit my new granddaughter, Francesca. She was born on May1, very early, but happy and healthy, within reason. She's on an apnea monitor for breathing problems, but outside that, she's fine. Her sister died in 2001 from respiratory complications. Im happy my kids are so blessed with her, in spite of her problems. All in all, things are stressful. We bought a new home six months ago, and already looking at another. My health ran into a wall, exhaustion and more cardiac issues, so my kids want me to buy an estate near my home town in Ontario. I don't want the headaches of such a big home, but they want a place for family gatherings. I've already seen it twice, and offered a bid. We'll see. Claudia, my dear sister, I've missed you. It's nice to talk about God's Word with you. It's nice to pray with you. love you sister, Mark

• Members
wyomingsal

Mark,

I am so glad to hear from you.  You sound like your schedule is exhausting.  Please take care of yourself on the rest of your  tour.  I am praying God's strength and energy and blessings apon you and on your precious grandbaby. :) 

Sal

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Mark, I am lifting you up, Brother.  I'm sure even in seeing sweet little Francesca (a most beautiful name, btw), there will be moments of bittersweet and sadness.  You are strongly placed on my heart by God, and I know He is weaving something beautiful and wonderful in this journey despite the pain.  I too love you Brother.  Please extend my love and prayers also to your beautiful wife, and may God proetect you and keep you as you are traveling beyond today.  HUGS, Claudia

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Hey Sal, yeah, I'm tired, but doin' ok. I miss Jenni, but I'm very happy to announce the birth of Francesca Rose Sabbatini. Poor child has to learn to spell that! I'm leaving Saturday am to see her before doing a series of gigs. I have precious little time for the important things, like letting Francesca spit up on Grandpa. I won't go into life in a 2 million dollar coach. We have a cook thankfully. They'd starve on my "cooking". My daughter cringes when she hears I'm in the kitchen. "Dad, I'll make you the peanut butter sandwich." I swear I can burn water. Please take very good care of yourself. I don't let a day go by without praying for you. luv ya sister, Mark

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Claudia, I don't mean to cry on your shoulder, my dear sister. My Jenni died in May. When we were fifteen months old, my twin sister MaryAnn died in May. I have such a fear that my wife will also die in May. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for my tears. Gaining Francesca is my joy. But, her sister Miranda also died in May, at only 4 years old. I'm sure you can understand my fear. I never said these things in public, but I need to say them. Luv ya  my sister, Mark

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Mark, You can tell me anything, and crying on my shoulder IS ALLOWED!  I will pray about your fears and concerns.  I know that is the most powerful weapon we have against those tics of the enemy that plant fears and anxieties.  It's legitimate to wonder about May and why all of the significance in the month regarding loss, pain and suffering.  After your message, I too wonder what God is doing with that.  But Dear Brother, He does not want you to fear over what you cannot control.  I can only imagine how very difficult it is to see your precious wife failing in health.  You, my man, haven't been doing so hot either.  Who is going to take care of her if something happens to you??  You're running so hard all the time, I'm concern you'll run out of steam, or worse yet Holy Fire.  This walk in this life is but a short one, my friend.  It is filled with joy and sorrow, and everything in between.  There is loss and there is gain.  But we both know NOTHING compares to what God has in store for us beyond this lifetime--for you, for me, for Jennie, for Joey, for your wife, for my husband, for ALL of us who love Him.  The most wonderful HOPE is in Christ, and no one or nothing can separate us from His love, not even death.  And what's really cool, Mark, is something I read on a blog I've been visiting recently.  Think about this!  Our precious ones with the Lord are in awesome full worship of Him ALL THE TIME.  And we have the opportunity in this life to be in worship of Him, for Him, with Him anytime and all the time we desire.  They are on the eternal side, and for now we are on this side, But Christ stands between and connects us.  SO, when we are in worship, WE ARE joined in worship with our loved ones there.  We are connected in a very, very real way.  How coll is that?!

BTW..  The blog is here if you want to check it out.  It may do you some good, Bro.  It is created by a pastor who lost is wife 9 months ago, suddenly, tragically.  His insights into godly grieving are Divinely given.  I think you would find comfort in some of the posts.  The post for this week is beautiful, as are most.  http://elitton.blogspot.com/

My Love and Prayers are with you, and here is a verse to meditate on...  THINK WORSHIP!!  Love, Claudia

Joh 14:1-4 "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way where I am going.  Joh 14:27 Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.

• Members
wyomingsal

Mark,

May sounds like it is a hard month for you and your family.  Only a week left for you to get through it.  :)  One of my middle boys has a birthday on the 29th so he is excited.  It is sad how we can have that fear instilled in us when in reality everything is in God's hands.  After hearing of Steven Curtis Chapman's recent loss I hold my baby girl close and worry Lord...not my little girl.  I have lost enough Lord you can't have any more.  Who am I to tell God what he can and can't have?  It is so hard to let go of these fears.  We hold close to those we love and don't want to let go.   He knows the times before we do and all things do work together for the good of those who love the Lord and are called according to his purposes.  All the worrying in the world can't change what God has power over.  Hang in there brother.  Dear Lord please comfort our brother Mark as he has experienced many losses in May.  This time of year brings fears and worrys that are hard to let go of.  Lord he is worried about his beautiful wife who is sick.  Comfort him and his wife and his family.  Renew him with faith and joy and strength.  Let him rejoice in You.  We love our brother Mark and ask that you will wrap him in your arms Lord.  Take away any fears and anxiety.  Replace with Your Spirit of love and joy and purpose for the short while that he has in his earthly house.  We know that Paul says that we groan while we are in our earthly houses and know that you have eternal houses ready for us.  Let Mark enjoy every moment he has with his wife and let her enjoy the time as well.

Love in Christ,

Sal

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Thinking of you all who have loved and had to say good-bye to soon as we remember on this Memorial Day all who have gone before us...  Blessings, Claudia

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

For those in The United States who served and serve their country, for those who gave their all for their nation, our gratitude and honor belong to you. Thank you for your dedication and service. May God bless all who serve.

• Members
4everjoeysmom

I second that, Mark!!

Fond memories of Jimmy  Lost in Iraq on April 2, 2003.  See you in Heaven Brother!!

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Claudia, thank you for the link to such a wonderful website. I was in awe and in tears. What a testimony of God's perfect love and grace! I plan to return to tell him that. He was such a blessing to me. Sister, thank you again. I got in about 5am from visiting Francesca. She's so very beautiful, a perfect little princess. I sat in wonder of her tiny fingers, at least until she spit up on my shoulder. hehehe. Mommy was a little upset, but I laughed so hard I was in tears. My shirt is washable. My memories are forever. As I got close to home this morning, I got a phone call that an aunt, namesake to my twin sister, and who helped my grandfather raise me when my parents divorced, died. While I feel the "May" thing, I sit in wonder of God's love and care.  Only God can breathe the breath of life into a soul. Only God can save a soul. I bless God knowing that each of my dear children are born again. We'll be reunted in Heaven, to glorify God forever. Hallelujah! I'm so happy knowing that we'll all be there together in Heaven, all us friends with our spouses and families. If we get to have picnics in Heaven, I'd like to invite each of you friends who are more like family. Who wants to make angeled eggs? luv ya, hugs, Mark

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Sal, true, who am I to tell God that He can't? He's creator of all Heaven and earth, so who am I, worm of earth, to say to God, that He can't take my daughter or even me? Truth is, by removing Jennifer from this sinful earth, He did her a favor. He removed her from the torment of her addiction to heroin. He removed her from those who prostituted her body in exchange for heroin. May He forever be praised! I will see Jennifer again, but those who used her won't. I will see Jennifer again! I will see her again! May God forever be praised! Sis, what I say is heartbreaking, even though it brings joy. She's MY child. She's sooooo beautiful and had so much to live for. It hurts, but still, God is in cotrol. AMEN! Francesca Rose is such a beautiful little baby. She looks like her mommy, except for having her daddy's baby fat. hehehe. Mommy is too much like Grandpa, a twig. I cried when I held her the first time. I cried sooooo much! She's just sooooooo beautiful! My baby's baby. Sis, please take very good care of yourself and yours. Be patient with this process of healing. If you don't feel ready for the next step, take it as God's cue to wait a little while before moving on. God is always by your side. luvz & hugz, Mark

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

mofirefly, I'm sorry I've been a little out of touch. I was out of town with my band. We have very poor reception on the wireless in the bus unless we're in a big city. How are you? I hope you're doing well. I keep a prayer list of everyone, and I pray for you daily. Let us know how you're doing, eh? luv ya, hugs, Mark

• Members
jackiewitter

Mark

Congrats on the new baby...always, always such wonderful news.  I was very happy to see your post, thought about you alot lately.  As you can tell, all the girls here try to keep track of you.  Best brother a gal could have!  I would not give you title of best brother if Jeffrey were still here!!!

Peace and blessings & much love...Jackie 

• Members

Mark - Thank you for the post - You've been one person (of many) here on the boards that I search to see a post from because they lift my spirits.  To know that others who are in so much pain can take time to send up a prayer for me is a very precious gift - it is a bit sad to have found that in a place most come to when in deep pain - but God has sent so very many beautiful people to these boards to help lift the pain away.  May you and your wife and your family be happy and peaceful.  Take care!  Candy (Mofirefly)

Just read about your latest loss - so very sorry to hear that your aunt has passed, but I do like the remarks about heavenly picnics.  Want to add that May is a difficult month for me as well, but for each event that brings tears to my eyes, I try to replace the sad memory with a new happier event that happens on the same day (did that make any sense).  Oh well, do take care!

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Jackie, you're gonna make me cry. It means a lot hearing this. Thanks sis. Thanks for the kindness on the grandbaby. Pics soon. Luvz&hugz, Me

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Candy, thanks. I'd never be able to get through losing Jenni and deal with my wife's illness without everyone here. A lot of dear people here who have helped me over the last few years. Thank you for the kind thoughts about my aunt. We might find May full of sad memories now, but when we meet up with our families in Heaven, we'll forget all about the sadness. I want to see Jenni, but mostly I look foward to dancing with my wife again. luvz&hugz, Mark

• Members
jackiewitter

Candy, why is May so hard?  I know for me it's my birthday, but this year the kids just made it one of the best (coincided with Mother's Day), but it was still hard.  My son's birthday is the 9th (2 days before mine) and he was in Iraq, Mother's Day was here and Mom's in heaven, Jeff's in heaven, Dad's in heaven.  I went through Jeff's things AGAIN this month and some of the things that I had packed back up I took back out and put in my closet.  It's so odd, it seems that each time I go through his things I find something else that I don't recall seeing before.  Perhaps that's God's way of sending me a little something to help tide me over until I get there.  Not that God is sending me something that was not there before, but just helping me to see.  I don't know, sometimes things just seem so darned crazy.

Do you also notice that some people come to these threads for a while and then they are just gone?  What does that mean, are they "healed"?  I don't think I could make it a week without my friends here.  The ability to say what you feel is so cleansing.  Like I told Claudia about going down the interstate this past weekend singing/blaring on CD "Away in a Manger".  Now think about that, if I told anyone else that I was singing and crying a Christmas song in May going down the interstate, I am pretty sure I would be locked up or be treated as if I had a plague.  I get so tired of trying to pretend everything is fine.  When friends ask "How are you?"  I wanna just say, "Well my heart feels like it's broken in three pieces this morning, and the piece in the middle is just gone.  I can put the two pieces back, but that middle part is just missing, so nothing fits right anymore".  The realization that I am no longer who I was, nor will I ever be, just makes me long to be in heaven with my family.  I am not comparing myself to Job by no means, I promise, but I just keep screaming in my heart "How long????" 

Sorry...I always start with these post meaning to just say hi and check on everyone, but then it turns to a rambling pity-fest.  I hope you are hanging in there.  I have not talked with you in ages.  Ben's still in Iraq and I cry and pray for him daily.  Just want my baby boy home.    It's so great to hear from Mark as well.  It always seems scary when he disappears. 

Well, hugs sent your way too.  Perhaps May will pass to June and it will be better.  Praying that it will for both of us!  Peace and blessings, Jackie

• Members
wyomingsal

Jackie, Candy, Mark, Claudia, Cheryl and all my other brothers and sister in Christ.  I ask God's spirit to fill us and comfort us this week.  To fill us with His joy that is not understandable to us nor to those around us.  Help us to keep our eyes raised up to Him rather then staring at ourselves and our losses as we focus our attentions on our eternal hope.  Paul counted his sufferings as gain here on Earth.  He counted it a privalege to serve the Lord each day in the midst of all the hurts and evils thrown at him.  May God use each of us in mighty ways for His glory every single day.  May we be the body of Christ here on earth to lift each other up and support each other when the way seems to impossible and we feel completely crushed by the weight of the world...when we feel like Job.  Let us be the ones that the Bible talks about....They will lknow we are Christians by our love.  Each day is a gift to live for our Lord.  I love each of you and pray for you.  I pray you would all feel assurance from our Lord today that your precious Heavenly loved ones are safe in His arms and are truly happy beyond our understanding. 

Sal

Archived